Type keyword(s) to search

A Million Little Clues: Spoilers And Discussion

• Start Topic

4 hours ago, debraran said:

I hated what Nash said about Maggies cancer, but I suppose it's realistic. It sounds like someone doesn't make it.  Nash said, the actor, Allison [Miller], who plays Maggie — I told her this yesterday. I said, “When I wake up at 5 am and have to watch a cut… there’s always a point where I just well up with tears at how you’re playing the humanity of Maggie.” It’s truly beautiful. I have lost many family members and a few friends to cancer, and the journey that Gary and Maggie go on ends in heartbreak.

I feel like most shows do go the "cancer patient survives" route a lot, which is why I'd be surprised if Maggie was killed off. This isn't a This Is Us situation, where they could rely on flashbacks to bring Allison Miller back, even if Maggie did die. Plus, Gary/Maggie seems to be one of the positives on this show. With his words about heartbreak, it seems to point to her dying but we don't really know for sure. With Nash talking about Delilah being selfless with her secret and discussing Eddie/Katherine having a chance of getting back together, I don't trust his word. 

• Love 1
5 hours ago, debraran said:

You have to know if the baby is born, NO baby on TV that belongs to someone else, and they are hiding it, doesn't have a disease/condition that requires a blood transfusion or blood marrow that a close relative can give. No one but Eddie will have it.  : p

Or...TWIST...Eddie isn't a match!  Then we get to rehash all this drama...again!

• Love 2
5 hours ago, Lady Calypso said:

I feel like most shows do go the "cancer patient survives" route a lot, which is why I'd be surprised if Maggie was killed off. This isn't a This Is Us situation, where they could rely on flashbacks to bring Allison Miller back, even if Maggie did die. Plus, Gary/Maggie seems to be one of the positives on this show. With his words about heartbreak, it seems to point to her dying but we don't really know for sure. With Nash talking about Delilah being selfless with her secret and discussing Eddie/Katherine having a chance of getting back together, I don't trust his word. 

I’ve read enough interviews with Nash that I do not trust anything he says at this point. Heartbreak could very easily just mean that they breakup again at some point or that they get to know  another cancer patient who dies. 

DJ Nash previews Gary's storyline in the upcoming episodes.

I guess it makes sense that Gary is a control freak with a savior complex because of Jon. It's an annoying trope all the same. But it does seem like Gary is morphing into the real lead of this show, along with Delilah and partially Maggie. Everyone else is a supporting character, at this point. 

I feel like the most to least important characters on this show go like this:

Gary -> Delilah --> Maggie ----> Eddie ---> Rome -------> Katherine -------------> Regina ----> Ashley

With it sounding like Ashley skips town, she only gets to have screentime for a few minutes every few episodes, so Nash doesn't seem to give a shit about her. For eight episodes, she had her own storyline for a total of five minutes, which was to kind of hint at Jon's suicide, since nobody else seemed to talk about it. Then, she only got brought back to sleep with Gary. That's about all that she's gotten to do. I missed the Christmas episode so that will have to be watched later. 

I tend to forget that Ashley is even in this show.  And, honestly, there are too many main characters as it is, I'm fine if she leaves.  They can easily just lift her out without messing up any of the other stories.

I'm not sure I quite agree with your ranking of characters.  I still think that Gary/Maggie and Eddie/Delilah is where most of the attention has been paid so far, with Rome/Regina and Katherine lagging behind.  However, I do think that things will shake up a bit in the second half of the season.  My guess is that we'll get more Katherine, if only because Delilah drags her (more) into her drama.   I also think that Maggie will necessarily have to sort of be put into a supporting role in order to let Gary's story be told.  Honestly, I'm okay with that.  I've always felt that the main characters of this show should be Gary, Eddie, and Rome.

Which leads me to my biggest concern--I honestly don't know what they can do with Rome's story to "bring him up in the ranks."  Are we just going to watch him go off anti-depressants and become depressed again?  Oh, and Nash had better tread very, very carefully.  The way it was presented in 01.10, that Rome is not himself on SSRI's and wants off as soon as he feels better, is very dangerous.  It's basically telling people not to follow their treatment plans.  Now, it could be that the show goes on to show how dangerous that is, but he left it sort of just dangling there...which made me feel very uncomfortable.

• Love 1
57 minutes ago, HazelEyes4325 said:

I'm not sure I quite agree with your ranking of characters.  I still think that Gary/Maggie and Eddie/Delilah is where most of the attention has been paid so far, with Rome/Regina and Katherine lagging behind.  However, I do think that things will shake up a bit in the second half of the season.  My guess is that we'll get more Katherine, if only because Delilah drags her (more) into her drama.   I also think that Maggie will necessarily have to sort of be put into a supporting role in order to let Gary's story be told.  Honestly, I'm okay with that.  I've always felt that the main characters of this show should be Gary, Eddie, and Rome.

I think they've given Katherine much more than they've given Regina. With Regina we did have one episode with her mother around, but at least with Katherine, we've seen her at work and gaining a love interest and still co-parenting with Eddie, even if she's been more separate from the storyline. Despite Katherine being separate from the storyline, she's still getting stuff that progresses her character. She's been changing a little since the first two episodes. She's learning about herself and about her as a working mother.

We've kind of seen Regina working at the restaurant, but what else has she done? She's had her mother storyline and she's had a storyline with Rome. In terms of character stuff, she hasn't had much. I don't think Nash cares much about either Katherine or Regina, but Nash has given Katherine more in the series than Regina. Regina doesn't have much of a personality, in all honesty. She hasn't shown any true growth. She's been the same person throughout these first ten episodes, which is why I rank her lower than Katherine in terms of what I think Nash's importance of characters is. 

Just now, Lady Calypso said:

I think they've given Katherine much more than they've given Regina. With Regina we did have one episode with her mother around, but at least with Katherine, we've seen her at work and gaining a love interest and still co-parenting with Eddie, even if she's been more separate from the storyline. Despite Katherine being separate from the storyline, she's still getting stuff that progresses her character. She's been changing a little since the first two episodes. She's learning about herself and about her as a working mother.

We've kind of seen Regina working at the restaurant, but what else has she done? She's had her mother storyline and she's had a storyline with Rome. In terms of character stuff, she hasn't had much. I don't think Nash cares much about either Katherine or Regina, but Nash has given Katherine more in the series than Regina. Regina doesn't have much of a personality, in all honesty. She hasn't shown any true growth. She's been the same person throughout these first ten episodes, which is why I rank her lower than Katherine in terms of what I think Nash's importance of characters is. 

Oh, I do agree with you that Regina has been given the least attention in this show (I realize my post was badly written and it sounds like I think Katherine has been the most ignored character, which I don't), which is too bad because Christina Moses is probably the strongest actress.  They actually had an opportunity to give her a real story when she found out about the affair and for about 1/3 of an episode she had actual, believable conflict with Delilah--then she apologized (because it was her fault?) and now she's just having crazy dreams.

I do think that they *might* be able to give her something in the second half of this season.  My guess is that the restaurant is now a no-go, or at least in danger, with Jon's financial issues.  While it is possible that he thought by putting the restaurant in Regina's and Delilah's names, he "saved" it, but if it is in fact in Delilah's name (which I believe it is), his creditors could go after it.  Of course, this all depends on whether Nash cares enough about Regina...and, sadly, I don't think he does.

• Love 1
1 minute ago, HazelEyes4325 said:

Oh, I do agree with you that Regina has been given the least attention in this show (I realize my post was badly written and it sounds like I think Katherine has been the most ignored character, which I don't), which is too bad because Christina Moses is probably the strongest actress.  They actually had an opportunity to give her a real story when she found out about the affair and for about 1/3 of an episode she had actual, believable conflict with Delilah--then she apologized (because it was her fault?) and now she's just having crazy dreams.

I do think that they *might* be able to give her something in the second half of this season.  My guess is that the restaurant is now a no-go, or at least in danger, with Jon's financial issues.  While it is possible that he thought by putting the restaurant in Regina's and Delilah's names, he "saved" it, but if it is in fact in Delilah's name (which I believe it is), his creditors could go after it.  Of course, this all depends on whether Nash cares enough about Regina...and, sadly, I don't think he does.

I read in one of Nash's articles (maybe this one, maybe another one) that Regina has her own secret that will come out. So, I mean....we'll see. 

I read episode 14 she had a secret come out, but time will tell. Why, I agree with you, does it have to be that everyone has a secret? At least spread it out.  What haven't they done, sex abuse in the past, something that made Regina not want children (because a deep secret is the only sane reason to some?) I hope not, but it will unfold soon enough.

(My snarkiness here is not directed a @debraran, but at the show...just clarifying that as I know it will probably sound otherwise..)

I read episode 14 she had a secret come out, but time will tell. Why, I agree with you, does it have to be that everyone has a secret? At least spread it out.  What haven't they done, sex abuse in the past, something that made Regina not want children (because a deep secret is the only sane reason to some?) I hope not, but it will unfold soon enough.

You know, that is a really specific bit of information...that this character has a secret that will come out in a specific episode...and I keep seeing crap like this coming from Nash.  I like hunting for a spoiler as much as the next person, but at this point, why even watch the show when they tell you exactly what is going to happen and when?  While I do think that this show is probably the worst I've seen about giving out too much information, but it certainly isn't the only show that does this.  Remember the days when (before the internet, I guess) when there were no spoilers?  When you got what you got?  I kind of miss those sometimes.

To be fair, dropping spoiler hints can be very beneficial to a show...but the key is spoiler HINTS, not the whole shebang and not with such specificity.  Give us an appetizer, not the whole meal...that will keep us hungry and coming back for more.  THAT is how spoilers are supposed to work.

Also, don't tell us that a "twist" will happen because when you know a twist is coming, it isn't a twist and you've ruined it.

Okay, end of spoiler rant...

Yeah, I really hope that it isn't some past sex abuse...this show really can't handle anything more that's too heavy and I have no confidence that Nash will be able to write that well.  My guess is that she had an abortion in high school, or maybe earlier in her relationship with Rome...because we actually have a happy relationship here and that CANNOT happen in TV, doncha know?

• Love 2

Agree 100%!   He seems like a little kid who can’t keep a secret. I like not knowing.  They ruin shows like  This is Us doing that.  I don’t want to know who died 10 years from now etc   I think it’s more fun not looking for clues or feeling bad that  if Nash says “ someone I talked about today will leave” What is that for?

That said I can’t help but peek if I see an article . lol 

I thought of abortion too but I hope they can have a thought out decision about children not be from trauma 

• Love 1
5 hours ago, HazelEyes4325 said:

(My snarkiness here is not directed a @debraran, but at the show...just clarifying that as I know it will probably sound otherwise..)

You know, that is a really specific bit of information...that this character has a secret that will come out in a specific episode...and I keep seeing crap like this coming from Nash.  I like hunting for a spoiler as much as the next person, but at this point, why even watch the show when they tell you exactly what is going to happen and when?  While I do think that this show is probably the worst I've seen about giving out too much information, but it certainly isn't the only show that does this.  Remember the days when (before the internet, I guess) when there were no spoilers?  When you got what you got?  I kind of miss those sometimes.

To be fair, dropping spoiler hints can be very beneficial to a show...but the key is spoiler HINTS, not the whole shebang and not with such specificity.  Give us an appetizer, not the whole meal...that will keep us hungry and coming back for more.  THAT is how spoilers are supposed to work.

Also, don't tell us that a "twist" will happen because when you know a twist is coming, it isn't a twist and you've ruined it.

Okay, end of spoiler rant...

Yeah, I really hope that it isn't some past sex abuse...this show really can't handle anything more that's too heavy and I have no confidence that Nash will be able to write that well.  My guess is that she had an abortion in high school, or maybe earlier in her relationship with Rome...because we actually have a happy relationship here and that CANNOT happen in TV, doncha know?

I feel the same way about that last Nash interview posted. I am baffled that he would end an episode with Ashley and Jon kissing and then immediately reveal that it was the night before his suicide. I never seen a show runner immediately kill their own cliffhanger. Now every time I read anything he says I assume that it going to be the exact opposite of what he is implying. It bothers me more with this show because it feels like very little has actually happened on the show. We keep watching the same stories play out waiting for something new to be revealed while being told what is going to happen. 

I don't know if this is the right thread for this but all this talk about Nash's interviews reminded me of one I read at the beginning of the show where I thought he said that Katherine and Regina used to be close but apparently what he said was that Katherine and Delilah used to be close.  So I guess we'll be getting backstory on that when Katherine starts helping Delilah. It also sounds like they'll try to rebuild that friendship, which...no. Katherine really still needs to work on that "why doesn't she think she deserves better" thing she said to Eddie when they officially split and Delilah just needed to not go to her for help after what she did and her current baby daddy lie.

https://www.tvguide.com/news/a-million-little-things-season-1-episode-3-dj-nash-interview/

If Delilah and Katherine were actually close friends in the past (and, at this point, I'm not sure if Nash is reliable), that just makes Delilah so, so, so much worse.  Seriously!  He talks like we are supposed to see Delilah as some noble victim in all this, but then he just makes her harder and harder to not hate!

It's also interesting/disheartening to read that Nash just puts the same characters in every show.  Or at least Katherine--so, Katherine has been in every show he's done?  I'm not familiar with his other shows, but if you can't be bothered to come up with different characters for different shows, why should I be bothered to spend my time watching?

• Love 3
47 minutes ago, HazelEyes4325 said:

If Delilah and Katherine were actually close friends in the past (and, at this point, I'm not sure if Nash is reliable), that just makes Delilah so, so, so much worse.  Seriously!  He talks like we are supposed to see Delilah as some noble victim in all this, but then he just makes her harder and harder to not hate!

I cannot think of a single scenario that will make me like Delilah. That ship has sailed no matter what he has planned on down the road. 

• Love 3
5 minutes ago, apn85 said:

I cannot think of a single scenario that will make me like Delilah. That ship has sailed no matter what he has planned on down the road. 

What I'm scared of--and I think this is more than valid--is he'll do that old TV trick of doubling down on her to try to make us love her.  Someday, TV people will realize that, in the history of television, this has NEVER worked.  

He's far better off just letting her be a despicable character.  At least then he might score the "love to hate" point.

• Love 1
26 minutes ago, HazelEyes4325 said:

What I'm scared of--and I think this is more than valid--is he'll do that old TV trick of doubling down on her to try to make us love her.  Someday, TV people will realize that, in the history of television, this has NEVER worked.  

He's far better off just letting her be a despicable character.  At least then he might score the "love to hate" point.

Oh I could absolutely see this. And you're right - at this point he's already laid the foundation for Delilah so he may as well just build on it and move forward. It wasn't the infidelity itself that made me dislike her so much. Things happen, people grow apart, life isn't all sunshine and rainbows. The problem for me is who she had an affair with. One of Jon's best friends. The husband of one of her supposed good friends. So it's not something the writer can just tuck away in the past - the constant reminders are literally there every episode. Her expecting Katherine to help her only adds insult to injury for me. 

He can try, but as you pointed out, it'll never work. 

• Love 2
6 hours ago, HazelEyes4325 said:

I can’t believe the part where he says that the affair reveal is harder on Delilah and Eddie than Katherine. I am really not looking forward to watching Katherine being used to prop up Delilah. 

Edited by Guest
9 hours ago, Dani said:

I can’t believe the part where he says that the affair reveal is harder on Delilah and Eddie than Katherine. I am really not looking forward to watching Katherine being used to prop up Delilah. 

Me either but I feel like it's been that way the whole time! The focus has been on poor widowed Delilah who is lying to her children and everyone about the paternity of the baby. I feel like Katherine was just supposed to get over it. I mean, the fact that Regina called and even asked her to that party blew my mind. Almost as if they just expected her to show up, are you kidding me?! I understand why Regina wanted to include her but there are just some things you don't do. Delilah was obviously going to be there so I sure wouldn't have expected Katherine to show up or even put her on the spot. I wouldn't have wanted to put her through that. So I feel like Katherine has been used to prop Delilah from the very start and I cannot stand it! 

• Love 2

According to D.J. Nash’s Twitter episode 12 will be a flashback episode called “The Day Before...”. He also said that  there will be a Regina/Jon scene and that it will show how Delilah and Eddie’s affair started. I’m guessing that it will focus on a series of “day befores”.

I am curious because who these people were before Jon’s suicide is the biggest thing missing from the show for me. I suspect that it might be the episode that determines if I keep watching.  

Edited by Guest
1 hour ago, Dani said:

According to D.J. Nash’s Twitter episode 12 will be a flashback episode called “The Day Before...”. He also said that  there will be a Regina/Jon scene and that it will show how Delilah and Eddie’s affair started. I’m guessing that it will focus on a series of “day befores”.

I'm curious because who these people were before Jon’s suicide is the biggest thing missing from the show for me. I suspect that it might be the episode that determines if I keep watching.  

Sigh...again, he's giving away the farm.  There is a big difference between dropping a spoiler and basically telling the entire plot of an episode.  Nash needs to log off of social media and let someone else handle this sort of thing.

• Love 3
8 hours ago, HazelEyes4325 said:

Sigh...again, he's giving away the farm.  There is a big difference between dropping a spoiler and basically telling the entire plot of an episode.  Nash needs to log off of social media and let someone else handle this sort of thing.

Yes, it does seem a few people in the news need to get off twitter, lol

Is 12 the next one or after? I thought the next one had the clueless Delilah, yelling how mean Jon was to Gary and how she was losing her home, etc.

• Love 1
57 minutes ago, debraran said:

Yes, it does seem a few people in the news need to get off twitter, lol

Is 12 the next one or after? I thought the next one had the clueless Delilah, yelling how mean Jon was to Gary and how she was losing her home, etc.

Episode 11 - Secrets And Lies is next.

• Love 1

I read an article that said Constance Zimmer might not be Barbara (or could be) but that she wasn't just at funeral, but seems to know Katherine. Nash did say the new character would have a past with someone on the show.

TV Line reported that Zimmer wasn't even in the pilot until Grace Park's Katherine was cast. And Hidden Remote pointed out that the two shared a tense moment during the funeral. Katherine gave her a withering stare, so there definitely seems to be more to the story of Zimmer's character — whether she's Barbara Morgan or not.

I admit, I missed that stare, concentrating on other things, but that would be something. A stare vs talking to her is odd but I'm sure it will tie in soon.

• Love 1

In the 1.12 episode thread, I wrote, 

Yeah, he was getting things in order, but that doesn't necessarily mean suicide.  If he was actually sick, it could just be he was getting ready for his inevitable, not impending, death.  I have more to say on this, but it involves something Nash said in an interview, so I'll move it to the spoiler thread.

In one of the articles linked in the media thread, at least I think it is linked there, Nash says that Jon's death had nothing to do with financial issues and there was something else that hasn't been shown yet.  First off, Nash is the worst with spoilers--I mean, come on.  You just made the first half of your season irrelevant.  Secondly, this is another reason why I think Jon was sick and possibly dying and the suicide was not as planned as previously thought.  We're now seeing Jon get things from a pharmacy, saying that there is no time to fix things (even though Ashley has said she can), etc.  

Of course, it could also be the mysterious BARBARA MORGAN...

On 1/17/2019 at 3:14 AM, debraran said:

I read an article that said Constance Zimmer might not be Barbara (or could be) but that she wasn't just at funeral, but seems to know Katherine. Nash did say the new character would have a past with someone on the show.

TV Line reported that Zimmer wasn't even in the pilot until Grace Park's Katherine was cast. And Hidden Remote pointed out that the two shared a tense moment during the funeral. Katherine gave her a withering stare, so there definitely seems to be more to the story of Zimmer's character — whether she's Barbara Morgan or not.

I admit, I missed that stare, concentrating on other things, but that would be something. A stare vs talking to her is odd but I'm sure it will tie in soon.

There was a stare after Eddie's eulogy and I read it as Katherine suspecting that something was going on between Eddie and this woman.  I don't know if Zimmer is Barbara Morgan--I honestly think it is too obvious for that to be the case, but the voice we heard on the phone sounded like it *could have been* Barbara Morgan, but maybe not.

22 minutes ago, HazelEyes4325 said:

In one of the articles linked in the media thread, at least I think it is linked there, Nash says that Jon's death had nothing to do with financial issues and there was something else that hasn't been shown yet.  First off, Nash is the worst with spoilers--I mean, come on.  You just made the first half of your season irrelevant.  Secondly, this is another reason why I think Jon was sick and possibly dying and the suicide was not as planned as previously thought.  We're now seeing Jon get things from a pharmacy, saying that there is no time to fix things (even though Ashley has said she can), etc.  

I don’t trust anything Nash says at this point. Someone on twitter asked him about Maggie and Gary’s story ended in heartbreak and his response was “When did I say that?!” He also said that the last episode was supposed to show the beginning of Eddie and Delilah’s affair. 

1 minute ago, Dani said:

I don’t trust anything Nash says at this point. Someone on twitter asked him about Maggie and Gary’s story ended in heartbreak and his response was “When did I say that?!” He also said that the last episode was supposed to show the beginning of Eddie and Delilah’s affair. 

I just keep getting the feeling that Nash can't swim and he's floundering in the deep end with this show.  If ABC wants to make this show successful, they really ought to hire a co-showrunner for him.

30 minutes ago, HazelEyes4325 said:

Of course, it could also be the mysterious BARBARA MORGAN...

There was a stare after Eddie's eulogy and I read it as Katherine suspecting that something was going on between Eddie and this woman.  I don't know if Zimmer is Barbara Morgan--I honestly think it is too obvious for that to be the case, but the voice we heard on the phone sounded like it *could have been* Barbara Morgan, but maybe not.

Nash is awful but why would illness make him kill himself? If he worries about his wife being implicated and says "there was no other way" in the letter, how could that be. Why yell at Gary for not living and he was planning to die? Why wasn't any autopsy done to look for meds or drugs, etc. Why hasn't a lawyer talked to his wife or any of his business partners. Did they not have an accountant that did their taxes? I'm so confused, Delilah on the show seems to do nothing all day.

I so hope they have intelligent endings for this drawn out mystery.  Ron Livingston said Nash did comedy and this was a big change, yes it seems he has issues with dealing with the show but it does have promise.

Edited by debraran
5 minutes ago, debraran said:

Nash is awful but why would illness make him kill himself? If he worries about his wife being implicated and says "there was no other way" in the letter, how could that be. Why yell at Gary for not living and he was planning to die? Why wasn't any autopsy done to look for meds or drugs, etc. Why hasn't a lawyer talked to his wife or any of his business partners. Did they not have an accountant that did their taxes? I'm so confused, Delilah on the show seems to do nothing all day.

I so hope they have intelligent endings for this drawn out mystery.  Ron Livingston said Nash did comedy and this was a big change, yes it seems he has issues with dealing with the show but it does have promise.

I don't think the illness (if that is what it is) made Jon kill himself.  In this line of thought, I think he knew he was sick and dying, which is why he was making all the "plans" with the money and and the trust, etc.  I think that the affair made him kill himself.  When he yelled at Gary, I don't think he was planning to kill himself, but he knew he was dying.  That actually makes that scene make much more sense to me.

Jon had all the paperwork and the letter to Delilah ready, it was just a matter of bringing it out when it was needed.  If you look at the letter, it doesn't explicitly say anything about suicide.  It could have very easily been something that was given to Delilah after Jon's death from something else.

And, yeah, it would seem strange that Delilah wouldn't know her husband was sick.  But, they were supposedly not talking to each other.  Plus, not telling someone you have something serious going on in your life is pretty much a requirement for a character on this show.  It also is a way to tie Maggie's story into this because, right now, it really doesn't make sense that this character who was not part of Jon's life is so prominent...except maybe her path is following his in a way.

I know I probably sound like a conspiracy theorist with this, but that is really how I'm seeing the pieces fall together,

• Love 1
1 hour ago, HazelEyes4325 said:

I don't think the illness (if that is what it is) made Jon kill himself.  In this line of thought, I think he knew he was sick and dying, which is why he was making all the "plans" with the money and and the trust, etc.  I think that the affair made him kill himself.  When he yelled at Gary, I don't think he was planning to kill himself, but he knew he was dying.  That actually makes that scene make much more sense to me.

Jon had all the paperwork and the letter to Delilah ready, it was just a matter of bringing it out when it was needed.  If you look at the letter, it doesn't explicitly say anything about suicide.  It could have very easily been something that was given to Delilah after Jon's death from something else.

And, yeah, it would seem strange that Delilah wouldn't know her husband was sick.  But, they were supposedly not talking to each other.  Plus, not telling someone you have something serious going on in your life is pretty much a requirement for a character on this show.  It also is a way to tie Maggie's story into this because, right now, it really doesn't make sense that this character who was not part of Jon's life is so prominent...except maybe her path is following his in a way.

I know I probably sound like a conspiracy theorist with this, but that is really how I'm seeing the pieces fall together,

It could be but I thought toward the bottom it said something about this day referring to his death. He says know you couldn’t have done anything to stop me, I tried everything .   I hope we learn something next week. Ron said he won’t be in much after awhile which you’d expect and had another show toggled with this one .  I’m trying to figure out if bad writing has Ashley going against his wishes or anger about His wife’s affair. You know that ticket photo will come up. Why show that at all ? 

Edited by debraran
39 minutes ago, debraran said:

It could be but I thought toward the bottom it said something about this day referring to his death. He says know you couldn’t have done anything to stop me, I tried everything .   I hope we learn something next week. Ron said he won’t be in much after awhile which you’d expect and had another show toggled with this one .  I’m trying to figure out if bad writing has Ashley going against his wishes or anger about His wife’s affair. You know that ticket photo will come up. Why show that at all ? 

I still don't think that Jon actually knew about the affair.  I actually believed Ashley back in Band of Dads when she said she didn't think he knew.  I do believe that *she* knew about it, as she saw the traffic ticket.  *Perhaps* that was her initial motivation to open his letter to Delilah...who knows?  It would at least make some sense.  Also, I think the necklace--if the show even remembers it--was a red herring.  Just because Jon found Eddie's necklace doesn't necessarily mean anything.  We don't know *where* he found the necklace.  He could have found it in the front entryway or guest bathroom for all we know and he put it in his bedside table to remember to give it to Eddie.  I honestly think that if the necklace were important, we would have heard more about it after it served its purpose of revealing the affair to Katherine.

Oh, and here is a bit of a spoiler.  I don't think Ashley is in the last few episodes.  According to her IG account, she hasn't been in Vancouver for a while and they are filming the season finale now.

Well, someone was "gone" to Gary in a preview. Did we see that? Also Nash who can't stop talking and changing his story, said we might never know the whole story. I think he will find fans wont like that.

Christina Ochoa  who plays Ashley also said:

Because she took the letter, Ochoa says fans now constantly ask her what's inside it. She can't give anything away, but she does say that it remains vital to the story. "The envelope is a character in this story, and we will reveal what’s inside it little by little," she says. But don't expect too many answers. This is A Million Little Things, after all. Each reveal comes with a million new questions. "Eventually it will all come out," Ochoa promises. "But when we find out what’s in the envelope, it’s always going to be a partial bit of information." I think [Ashley] was a little bit in fight or flight mode at that moment," Ochoa says. "Sometimes you make a decision in panic and then eventually you have to live with all the consequences of that decision ... It’s like telling a white lie and to cover the lie you have to continue building on it and then it becomes this big thing." Ochoa adds, "She panicked, she took the letter, she feels very, very guilty about it for a multitude of reasons, but then she’s kind of had to build her whole world and story around it."

I think they are all clueless, lol. I'm married to a police officer and it's hard watching this and not know they would probably have done an autopsy especially with an unexplained suicide. Was he on a new medication with side effects, was he depressed, was he drugged. And although dramatic a guy who planned everything wouldn't jump off a building and risk hurting others. As another post said, it also causes a lot of emergency vehicles, area is shut down and taped, people are questioned. It seemed so tidy on TV but they should have mentioned something, people should have been spoken too and didn't anyone look at his phone records? He was talking to someone before he died, were all the calls untraceable?

I know it's TV but it irks me anyway ; )

• Love 3

I think they are all clueless, lol. I'm married to a police officer and it's hard watching this and not know they would probably have done an autopsy especially with an unexplained suicide. Was he on a new medication with side effects, was he depressed, was he drugged. And although dramatic a guy who planned everything wouldn't jump off a building and risk hurting others. As another post said, it also causes a lot of emergency vehicles, area is shut down and taped, people are questioned. It seemed so tidy on TV but they should have mentioned something, people should have been spoken too and didn't anyone look at his phone records? He was talking to someone before he died, were all the calls untraceable?

I know it's TV but it irks me anyway ; )

I was actually wondering yesterday (when I suddenly became 100% CONVINCED of this convoluted theory that Jon was sick.  And, yeah, I'm still convinced of it, but willing to be swayed...) if they would have done an autopsy.  On one hand, the cause of death was pretty damn clear, but I the cause of the cause of death is apparently the secret that powers the revolutions of the world.  I'm glad to know that in the world of logic and common sense an autopsy would have been done.

As for Ashley being gone, as far as I can tell, Ochoa has not been back to Vancouver since before Christmas and she left earlier than most, so my guess is that she's gone after 1.13,

• Love 2
1 hour ago, HazelEyes4325 said:

I was actually wondering yesterday (when I suddenly became 100% CONVINCED of this convoluted theory that Jon was sick.  And, yeah, I'm still convinced of it, but willing to be swayed...) if they would have done an autopsy.  On one hand, the cause of death was pretty damn clear, but I the cause of the cause of death is apparently the secret that powers the revolutions of the world.  I'm glad to know that in the world of logic and common sense an autopsy would have been done.

As for Ashley being gone, as far as I can tell, Ochoa has not been back to Vancouver since before Christmas and she left earlier than most, so my guess is that she's gone after 1.13,

At the very least, Jon would've been tested for drugs and poisons.  In an obvious suicide like this, a formal autopsy would not necessarily be done presuming the witness accounts corroborate the events.

I think that Ashley is the 'she' to whom Gary was referring when he said 'I can't believe she's gone' in the previews.  I expect we'll find out she's absconded with the money she withdrew.

• Love 5

The press release for 1.15 (the rock) says:

“the rock” – Eddie and Katherine’s divorce mediations become complicated, and Rome’s brother makes an unexpected visit. Meanwhile, Gary and Maggie attempt to check an item off her bucket list on a new episode of “A Million Little Things,” airing THURSDAY, FEB. 14 (9:01-10:00 p.m. EST), on The ABC Television Network, streaming and on demand. 

I really, really want to see Katherine lay into Eddie (almost as much as I want to see her lay in Delilah, but I doubt that will ever happen).

• Love 2

They should be complicated. ; )  Katherine has a lot on her plate lately. Poor Theo, always caught in the middle.  Rome's brother should be an interesting added element. I hope he's the supportive type.

Doesn't Maggie get some results this week? Hope bucket list is not a result of that but her chances were low. Maybe if she just tried, Gary can let go easier and they will have more time together. It's TV and Million Little Things has horrible medical research so it's up for grabs.

I think "Jeri" is women in bathroom with Deliah and she was in business deal with Jon but will find out this week. She should have been in his phone but again those records don't seem to be out there.

Edited by debraran
  • Love 1
8 hours ago, debraran said:

I think "Jeri" is women in bathroom with Deliah and she was in business deal with Jon but will find out this week. She should have been in his phone but again those records don't seem to be out there.

Isn't there a Donna?  Didn't Ashley get a text from someone named Donna after Delilah was served?  I do think that all the signs pointing to Constance Zimmer being Barbara Morgan pretty much proves she's not Barbara Morgan, but I'm getting confused about all these people who we haven't even seen yet.  Also, how long before Delilah meets up again with gas station guy?

Lol, Forgot about him. Nash is actually posting on FB "clues" in Jon's apartment. Is this weird or what? Maybe he wants to do a This is Us type of thing but even Fogleman didn't say "look in the kitchen for clues"  I thought this show would be a good drama, now I don't know what he wants. 

10 minutes ago, debraran said:

Lol, Forgot about him. Nash is actually posting on FB "clues" in Jon's apartment. Is this weird or what? Maybe he wants to do a This is Us type of thing but even Fogleman didn't say "look in the kitchen for clues"  I thought this show would be a good drama, now I don't know what he wants. 

There’s only five episodes left. He needs to be little more focused moving the story along than planting clues in the background. 

He has said on Twitter that gas station guy will be back. There is lot that needs to be dealt with before the end of the season. 

51 minutes ago, debraran said:

I thought I was watching a TV show, not a treasure hunt.

• Love 7
26 minutes ago, chitowngirl said:

Yeah, I don’t have time to freeze frame and play I Spy.

I am afraid Nash sorely overestimates the level of interest the viewers have in this show. If those of us posting on a message board don't give a cr** about finding hidden messages in a scene, nobody else does, either.  This show hasn't got a fraction of the buzz that This is Us got in its first season for the 'how did Jack die?' mystery and it's too late now.

• Love 2
15 minutes ago, doodlebug said:

I am afraid Nash sorely overestimates the level of interest the viewers have in this show. If those of us posting on a message board don't give a cr** about finding hidden messages in a scene, nobody else does, either.  This show hasn't got a fraction of the buzz that This is Us got in its first season for the 'how did Jack die?' mystery and it's too late now.

I'm trying to figure out why this game of I Spy is pissing me off so much.  I mean, we know that Nash reaches new levels with spoiler suckitude with pretty much every post he makes.  This one, however, just comes off as offensive to me.  Part of the reason--I think--is that I don't think this show was supposed to be a "mystery" when it started.   It was supposed to be a story of friends and found family, and I'm actually all here for that.  Now, it seems like Nash has done a bait and switch in an effort to grab more viewers.  Now, because this shift in the show seems so manufactured, I feel like the first 10 episodes (which, honestly, have little to do with the show and where it is now.  You could honestly have watched the pilot and then skipped all the way to 1.11 and not missed anything) were a waste of my time.

This show needs to stop trying to be something it isn't.  If Nash took half the time concentrating on his story that he does on what "clues" to drop, this whole thing would be so, so much better.

• Love 1

Based on fan boards, a lot of people are watching because of Jon.  I don't know how they can get rid of him at this point.  All the actors are good, but Ron Livingston has been around awhile and pretty much steals every scene he is in.   They have to keep him in the story, the other characters revolve around him.  They may have written themselves into a corner.  If they are going to move on, they have to keep Jon front and center.   It isn't going to be easy.  They can keep doing flash-backs (which are going to get old) or bring him back from the dead.   

• Love 1