Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E07: Haunted

Drogo
  • Start Topic

1 hour ago, Racj82 said:

I've seen plenty of people disliking Hewitt that still watch. Just saying I don't share that opinion.

I dont know if you noticed this but ratings are down across the board on networks. A little above a 1.0 rating in stellar right now. Fox isn't desperate for anything regarding this show. It's a genuine hit in today's standards. 

yeah, I noticed that ratings are down for many shows, but it's not like 911's ratings will stay above 1.0 for a very long time. The show keep dipping in series low week after week since jlh showed up. They keep losing viewers. Many people said they're not going to watch 911 unless jlh is gone. Numbers don't lie. 

10 hours ago, tvgoddess said:

I think her mom's death hit her much harder than she expected and she really needed an escape from all memories of her, Buck included. I don't think she was intending to necessarily stay for that long, but hell once you get over there I could see never wanting to come back. Especially in today's environment which was referenced with the questioning of what year it was, etc.

I thought Abby was abroad too, but they flashed on the envelope Buck had and I think it was addressed to Scottsdale, Arizona?  How are they not seeing each other in person if she is in AZ and he is in CA?

7 hours ago, Blackbird999999lol said:

yeah, I noticed that ratings are down for many shows, but it's not like 911's ratings will stay above 1.0 for a very long time. The show keep dipping in series low week after week since jlh showed up. They keep losing viewers. Many people said they're not going to watch 911 unless jlh is gone. Numbers don't lie. 

I'm not going to keep going over this. Not the place for it. A 1.4 demo rating is not anything bad. No matter how you might want to shake  it. Britton was never meant to stay past one season and the people who have a problem with Hewitt aren't doing much to hamper the success of the show. The ratings went up this week while having to deal with football and gains tremendously over its lead in. Your narrative just isn't true. It was a hit and still is.

Edited by Racj82
  • Love 9
9 hours ago, Rap541 said:

There's also my "real world" expectation with the whole "Everyone loves Bobby" routine and thats that Bobby is hardly a mentally healthy man and this all feels like the calm before a massive storm. Bobby has been suicidal. He's kinda sorta dealing with the death of his kids but not well - frankly that at one point he was keeping score on how many people he saved so he could kill himself once he'd made up for all the people he killed, and went pretty much right to the roof once he was high in a recent episode... this makes me think Bobby isn't past his issues. 

This part I can agree on. Who knows what's going to happen in the future. But as for how he's been accepted into the family, I'm willing to fanwank that like I've previously suggested that these kids are more open-minded and stuff goes on that they don't show. 

The way that the relationship mostly occurred off-screen in between seasons kind of set up this scenario anyway. There's a lot that happened that we don't know how it exactly went down as far as how they kind of got together as far as dating went.

Eddie does nothing for me but eat time that could be invested in other members of the team (loosely defining "team" to include Athena). Heck yeah, Buck is a dork but a perversely charming one. As for the Job-like tribulations of Hen, I presume the show runners know they've got the real deal in Aisha Hinds and thus are tempted into throwing her every heavy plot line of which they can conceive. Plus, any excuse to see Traci Thoms is welcome.

Actually, her fans are the ones bullying Connie for god knows what reason.

Dante's Inferno should be amended to include a ring of Hades for people who say unkind things about Connie Britton.

Edited by Idiotboy
  • Love 2

I thought Abby was abroad too, but they flashed on the envelope Buck had and I think it was addressed to Scottsdale, Arizona?  How are they not seeing each other in person if she is in AZ and he is in CA?

The envelope was written c/o and I believe it had a man's name (Matt?) on it.

The cops linking arms as they were preparing to put down the horse....

I'm fine with Athena and Bobby being where they are as long as they stay there and remain a nice, stable couple. Then we can focus more on the 9-1-1 calls. That's why I watch.

• Love 6
11 hours ago, TexasGal said:

I think Carla mentioned she was staying with her brother.  Why they weren't seeing each other if she's only one state over is not convincingly argued.

• Love 1
On 10/31/2018 at 10:12 PM, Fireball said:

While they worked to make his mom sympathetic, I'm not sure if it worked for me.

It definitely didn’t work for me. Plus I didn’t see any chemistry between those two. She complained that he wasn’t there because he was serving his country, so she just takes off and leaves her kid. Sorry-that’s a crappy thing to do lady. I wouldn’t welcome her back. 

• Love 9

So the call really was a ghost? At least he was apparently a friendly ghost.

Shannon will have to do more than cry and apologize to really make up for leaving her kid for two years. It was nice to give Eddie some more depth beyond being the most person person ever. 

The Halloween stories were fun, but not quite as spooky and fun as last season. The horse dying got me more teary than any person dying. Poor horse, why did he have to die?!?!

• Love 4
On 10/29/2018 at 7:34 PM, SimoneS said:

Okay episode. I felt for the horse more any of the humans.

First time I've cried on this show. I mean, tears, kleenex and everything - and that's while exercising.

On 10/29/2018 at 8:05 PM, Lady Calypso said:

Um....did they ever explain the phantom phone call? Maybe I was fast forwarding and missed it, but how did Maddie hear a ghost's voice? Or did she? I don't know.

I think they've left it as a ghost call. I guess 911 wasn't able to find him seven years earlier - since he had called then and they had the recording.

Did anyone else see the selfie stick and think of the couple at the Grand Canyon (maybe that happened after this first aired, I watched it today, so that's been on my mind).

On 10/31/2018 at 6:06 PM, starri said:

Third.  I'm actually terrified of horses (was bitten by one when I was 8), but the actor playing the cop hit about every note that any animal-parent who's had to let their friend go has been through.

I was too, at the same age, but it was because no one told me to hold the food in the palm of my hand and not because the horse was mean, so I was a little nervous that the girl might get bitten.

On 10/31/2018 at 11:43 PM, AnimeMania said:

Everybody's worried about the horse, nobody cares about the person who's head caught on fire. Why were there so many children running around, it seemed like it was an adult party.

I know, right? I was wondering about Krispy Klown even while I was tearing up about the horse. Also - is the girl who clearly got bitten by a bat going to show up in another episode. Because I was waiting for them to treat her once they listed the stats on bats with rabies.

On 11/1/2018 at 8:38 PM, tvgoddess said:

I think her mom's death hit her much harder than she expected and she really needed an escape from all memories of her, Buck included. I don't think she was intending to necessarily stay for that long, but hell once you get over there I could see never wanting to come back. Especially in today's environment which was referenced with the questioning of what year it was, etc.

Which ties in thematically to Shannon's story, just like the horse ties in to Hen's.

On 11/2/2018 at 4:17 PM, mojito said:

The cops linking arms as they were preparing to put down the horse....

That set me off on another round. I wonder, do they do end of watch messages for K-9 and Horses?

On 11/2/2018 at 6:43 PM, starri said:

I think Carla mentioned she was staying with her brother.  Why they weren't seeing each other if she's only one state over is not convincingly argued.

I think she said that when she came back, she'd likely stay with her brother. Not that she was back already.

Edited by Clanstarling
21 hours ago, Clanstarling said:

First time I've cried on this show. I mean, tears, kleenex and everything - and that's while exercising.

I think they've left it as a ghost call. I guess 911 wasn't able to find him seven years earlier - since he had called then and they had the recording.

Did anyone else see the selfie stick and think of the couple at the Grand Canyon (maybe that happened after this first aired, I watched it today, so that's been on my mind).

I was too, at the same age, but it was because no one told me to hold the food in the palm of my hand and not because the horse was mean, so I was a little nervous that the girl might get bitten.

I know, right? I was wondering about Krispy Klown even while I was tearing up about the horse. Also - is the girl who clearly got bitten by a bat going to show up in another episode. Because I was waiting for them to treat her once they listed the stats on bats with rabies.

Which ties in thematically to Shannon's story, just like the horse ties in to Hen's.

That set me off on another round. I wonder, do they do end of watch messages for K-9 and Horses?

I think she said that when she came back, she'd likely stay with her brother. Not that she was back already.

I know on Twitter at least they do End of Watch notices on K9’s so I would assume for horses as well, although that doesn’t happen as often. I follow a lot of K9 handlers over there. It is sad to read so many EOW’s for those pups though. 

Realy depressing episode overall. But that goes with the feel of this season compared to last season being more campy. This season seems to be more about the relationships and calmer (comparatively speaking). 

• Love 1
On 10/31/2018 at 10:29 AM, Rap541 said:

And truthfully, the drama in Hen's personal life is borderline biblical. What next? Her mom has AIDS?

No, her mother is a crack addict who got redeemed through the power of the Lord, but now she doesn't like her daughter being a lesbian.

I think it will also be revealed that she has a brother who is caught up in South Central Los Angeles gang culture. Or better yet, a nephew who's caught up in that because their parents are crack addicts don't pay attention to him.

I think you're accurately describing Abby's side. I think Buck sees it as his first real relationship with a woman and has it in a special.

Yeah, I'm assuming if/when Abby comes back, he'll realize that. It was a sweet little courtship that didn't last long. That's okay.

Also I was kind of weirded out when I first watched this show with a scene showing Abby, Buck, and Gay Matt from Melrose Place because I really thought that Buck was playing their son.

Edited by methodwriter85