Type keyword(s) to search

S13 E12: Time's Up

ByTor
  • Start Topic

1 hour ago, PBSLover said:

Welcome new poster!

The 2-hour special, Season 1 and Season 2 were never cleared for dvd meaning, those deals were not struck at the time so I don’t believe they can go back to all those people to get approvals...please someone tell me if I am wrong here. That was always my understanding of why they are unavailable on iTunes/Amazon. Although I think a dvd of Season 2 is available on a website. Anyone remember the name??????

Big ole B-U-M-M-E-R ! Oh well...guess I can cry and mourn the glory days that are in dead space of TV past.

1 hour ago, PBSLover said:

Welcome new poster!

The 2-hour special, Season 1 and Season 2 were never cleared for dvd meaning, those deals were not struck at the time so I don’t believe they can go back to all those people to get approvals...please someone tell me if I am wrong here. That was always my understanding of why they are unavailable on iTunes/Amazon. Although I think a dvd of Season 2 is available on a website. Anyone remember the name??????

I bought a DVD of Season 2 on ioffer.com

31 minutes ago, MelissaMinion said:

Having the same problem. Got the text, but when I go into my library, it’s not there. Not showing in itunes, either.

Yeah I got an email saying it was ready for download on my intunes I go to it and it’s not even there 

I’m in Australia so my sneaky US iTunes account is, sadly, my only option. I haven’t tried YouTube links or anything - but if anyone has one, or other hints, please pm me.

4 hours ago, vivianspoetry said:

I was going to post this a few days ago and completely forgot. Seems an appropriate summation of the episode  

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=cXWbMu4PtpE

Omg I was like... this isn’t DCC, the link must be wrong 

Took me a minute to get it!!!

LOL

• Love 1
On 10/21/2018 at 11:43 AM, hathorlive said:

Hey Kelli, I bet Cowboy Fit has this the thing to relieve that stress!  I was shocked they didn't show her getting a massage and other infomercialy things.

Edited by Jesslyn
29 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

Just had a chat with Apple Support. The episode was not available for downloading. They are looking into why the emails were sent out. Something weird is going on.

Ugh! What the heck?! I have the iTunes season pass this year, but I also have my DVR set to record the episodes.  So, I have already watched this episode which is why I haven't been super-concerned about getting my iTunes copy.  I figured that it would show up eventually, but this is ridiculous!! I wonder what is really going on.  

I will say though that this is my LEAST favorite season ever, and I doubt that I will watch the whole thing again anyway.  I might go back and watch the actual auditions again at some point, but the rest of this season has been awful.  I didn't even come into this season ready to completely hate Victoria (although I have always thought her mother was awful), but CMT made me hate her by how much they focused on her.  Yeah, not interested in watching the "Victoria show" all over again. And I feel totally uninterested in most of the other rookies because they have just been in the periphery of the Victoria show.  

• Love 6
26 minutes ago, edelweiss said:

Ugh! What the heck?! I have the iTunes season pass this year, but I also have my DVR set to record the episodes.  So, I have already watched this episode which is why I haven't been super-concerned about getting my iTunes copy.  I figured that it would show up eventually, but this is ridiculous!! I wonder what is really going on.  

I will say though that this is my LEAST favorite season ever, and I doubt that I will watch the whole thing again anyway.  I might go back and watch the actual auditions again at some point, but the rest of this season has been awful.  I didn't even come into this season ready to completely hate Victoria (although I have always thought her mother was awful), but CMT made me hate her by how much they focused on her.  Yeah, not interested in watching the "Victoria show" all over again. And I feel totally uninterested in most of the other rookies because they have just been in the periphery of the Victoria show.  

I agree! I thought Seasons 8 and 9 were bad, but the last few seasons take the cake, frosting and all. I like watching the finals episode to see if a vet gets cut. I also like to see if a cut girl tells off Judy and Kelli, but otherwise the show is boring with a capital B. The snarking and posting on here is much more entertaining even if you may not agree with the other posters. The inside information is pretty darn good too.

On 10/22/2018 at 11:15 AM, KnyghtRyder said:

I contacted Apple this morning to inquire. This was their response (via chat). Hopefully I did this correctly, I’m not so tech savvy. ETA: I let them know I would like a refund if this episode and the next are not made available.  He pretty completely ignored that part of our chat  ?

85F92CA8-DF26-43BD-A9BE-BF572277FCCE.jpeg

I just bought the episode on Amazon. I was lucky that I caught most of the episodes on YouTube except these last few.

My heart broke for VK when she said she didn't want to tell her mom. Ugh, poor girl.

• Love 2
7 hours ago, MelissaMinion said:

I give up. Just purchased ep 12 from Amazon. Itunes lost me for season pass purchasing.

Sorry you (and others) had to go through this.  How fitting your decision re: itunes considering this episode's title of "Times Up".

BTW, I keep forgetting to tell you that I love your avatar.  Makes me smile every time I see it. It's adorable.

• Love 1

Alright, finally posting my thoughts on this episode.

First of all, Victoria's cut. Holy Tammy Faye Bakker, Batman! The mascara. I have no idea if she'll try out again, but if she does, she'll have to be in her best physical shape and be ready in every other category too. There is no half way for her, going forward, if she's going to succeed in this.

Gina must've been wearing the same mascara as Victoria, because hers was running all over the place too this episode.

Tara's cut was--and she said it best--"heartbreaking." I wish they hadn't cut her. What a class act. I think she'll be fine after this, because people who are gracious like that tend to bounce back well. It's the bitter ones you have to worry about. I noticed Tara's weight gain back at auditions and posted about it here in May/early June. She does have shorter legs, and when she's lean, it's easy to miss. But add an extra 10+ lbs, and it's going to make her look blocky. Cute, but cute like those baby blocks with the alphabet letters on them. Not her best DCC look. But there is so much to like about her that makes her good for the team. When Lacey walked her out of Kelli's office, it was so telling to see how much squad support she had. Kashara, Gina, Lauren--those tears were genuine and really flowing over this. Tara's cut was probably the hardest I've ever watched in all 13 seasons.

There was a moment when she referred to Kelli and Judy possibly regretting the decision, and the way she said it was so mature, so good natured, which takes incredible nuance. Contrast that with that scary girl Whitney a few seasons back when she told Kelli and Judy when they cut her that they'd regret it. The way she said it gave me the creeps.

I liked Erin's story. Really, she has brought a much improved game this year over last season, regarding looks and strength and dance and maturity. Good for her!

Yay, I finally got my Meredith Oden "Where Are They Now?" segment! When I read all the comments on here, and how she'd supposedly aged, I was expecting the worst. But when I finally saw the episode, I thought she looked fine. I love that she loves being an American and has an interesting job along with her husband. Her boys are adorable. ITA with those who are worried for their safety. I hope they have excellent security in the countries they're sent to! 

• Love 10

Well, still haven’t seen the latest episode because it’s STILL not on iTunes, so I went back to Apple today and after almost an hour of haggling I got to a Senior Advisor that is in charge of the iTunes group. She said she sees the problem and saw all the complaints that have been filed from others and they are working on the issue and she will be personally taking charge of fixing the problem. She said as soon as the issue is resolved she will email me directly. Hoping that something good will come of this conversation. I’m sure everyone else on this forum has seen this episode by now, but I’m still holding out. 

CC8E69D9-E0A2-40A3-B1EB-7570D5811171.png

3E09E43A-6E03-488D-9FC9-92CFE4CB5213.png

• Love 3
28 minutes ago, Maven said:

Tara's cut was--and she said it best--"heartbreaking." I wish they hadn't cut her. What a class act. I think she'll be fine after this, because people who are gracious like that tend to bounce back well. It's the bitter ones you have to worry about. I noticed Tara's weight gain back at auditions and posted about it here in May/early June. She does have shorter legs, and when she's lean, it's easy to miss. But add an extra 10+ lbs, and it's going to make her look blocky. Cute, but cute like those baby blocks with the alphabet letters on them. Not her best DCC look. But there is so much to like about her that makes her good for the team. When Lacey walked her out of Kelli's office, it was so telling to see how much squad support she had. Kashara, Gina, Lauren--those tears were genuine and really flowing over this. Tara's cut was probably the hardest I've ever watched in all 13 seasons.

Well stated.  Kudos. 

I also think it was the hardest cut I've watched to date.  Not many could have pulled it off as she did, saying what she did, as well as she did.  I do think Kelli made a huge mistake not giving her more time.

• Love 15
1 hour ago, go4luca said:

Well stated.  Kudos. 

I also think it was the hardest cut I've watched to date.  Not many could have pulled it off as she did, saying what she did, as well as she did.  I do think Kelli made a huge mistake not giving her more time.

100% agree. Girl has power! She is Intelligent and genuine.  

Edited by Jesslyn
  • Love 11

I got an email response as well, but got the following response: "I’ve reviewed this issue further, and found that the episode was briefly made available before being removed by the content provider. The system automatically notified any Season Pass holders, even though the episode was taken off shortly after.  I can’t say for sure why the content provider removed the episode, but this typically happens when there is an issue with the episode that the content provider needs to fix. The episode should be available again as soon as any corrections are finished."

I told them I found it interesting that Apple had it up for a short time approximately 4 days after the episode was aired but that it was taken down due to content issues, but that Amazon had it up approximately 2 days after the episode aired and the episode REMAINED up since.

• Love 5
1 minute ago, EricaShadows said:

I got an email response as well, but got the following response: "I’ve reviewed this issue further, and found that the episode was briefly made available before being removed by the content provider. The system automatically notified any Season Pass holders, even though the episode was taken off shortly after.  I can’t say for sure why the content provider removed the episode, but this typically happens when there is an issue with the episode that the content provider needs to fix. The episode should be available again as soon as any corrections are finished."

I told them I found it interesting that Apple had it up for a short time approximately 4 days after the episode was aired but that it was taken down due to content issues, but that Amazon had it up approximately 2 days after the episode aired and the episode REMAINED up since.

I think we would have a better chance of winning the 1.6 billion lottery than getting the episode on I-tunes.

6 minutes ago, EricaShadows said:

I had the amazon episode the next morning, if that’s helpful. 

12 hours ago, bigskygirl said:

Just had a chat with Apple Support. The episode was not available for downloading. They are looking into why the emails were sent out. Something weird is going on.

I got the same response. At first I thought I was the only one. They said it showed in their system but it isn’t showing in the store. The first lady  I talked was confused at first but sent me to a more senior analyst though. Hopefully they get it fixed it’s driving me nuts! 

2 hours ago, KnyghtRyder said:

Still don’t have it showing in my library ?. 

Bummer. ?

Did you try clicking the link from the email iTunes sent out on Tuesday saying it was available?

Time's Up!

Tomorrow morning I call the cable company and reduce my monthly bill.  The first channel to be cut, they said, is CMT. 

After this season, after watching all 13, I'm done with this show.

What a waste of a season, forcing VK down our throats, not highlighting the rookies letting the audience root for another girl - NOT JUST VK - and cutting TARA.  Suck it DCC, Tara was NOT overweight if you allowed VK to say this long.

The show is a farce, a joke.  Thanks for ruining it Kelli and VK's only supporter, Kitty!!

Time's Up!  Goodbye DCCMTT!

• Love 5
24 minutes ago, Pink-n-Green said:

So, the only episode of a show that Kelli is an Executive Producer of that hasn't been approved for distribution on iTunes is the one where her best friend's daughter ugly cries and gets cut?

I wouldn't be surprised but it was available on Amazon Friday or Saturday and at least clips were up on youtube.  Tara's cut clip was loaded I think Friday and Victoria's cut clip was up by Saturday.  As it is, I'm FINALLY downloading the episode (took them long enough) from iTunes and, when I checked the actual iTunes store, it was there as well so get it while you can because there's no telling when or if they're going to pull it again.

• Love 1

Finally watch it. Kelli and her people thought Victoria was a shoo-in. Really Kelli, it was Victoria who thought she was a shoo-in and got away with things other girls would not have gotten away with. Stop trying to prove Victoria deserve a spot on the team this year. The pressure Kelli keeps mentioning is the pressure she brought on herself because she thought she could put Victoria on the team with no problems, and no one would find out what is really going behind closed doors. You would think she along with Charlotte learn their lessons after all the drama from last season.

Tasha and the Cowboys Fit scene was painful. Stop with the blasted Cowboys Fit promotion. And poor Amy working so hard to balance being a DCC and running a dance studio. Oh the horrors! There are millions of women who balance careers and families, so I do not feel so bad for Amy. Of course, she is doing it while having the honor and privilege of being an almighty DCC which makes her more special than the other millions of hard working women in the universe.

4 hours ago, JerseyGirl said:

Time's Up!

Tomorrow morning I call the cable company and reduce my monthly bill.  The first channel to be cut, they said, is CMT. 

After this season, after watching all 13, I'm done with this show.

What a waste of a season, forcing VK down our throats, not highlighting the rookies letting the audience root for another girl - NOT JUST VK - and cutting TARA.  Suck it DCC, Tara was NOT overweight if you allowed VK to say this long.

The show is a farce, a joke.  Thanks for ruining it Kelli and VK's only supporter, Kitty!!

Time's Up!  Goodbye DCCMTT!

Same for me as far as being done with the show. I’m also surprised that I’m done with caring about who is on the team at all, as I can’t see a triangle of a squad I’d want to watch next season. Maybe it was cutting a vet in TC that made me feel this way, maybe it was how one person was shoved in our face, Maybe it’s I can’t reconcile helping to promote toxic people/bullies (not all of them are), or even the show which definitely doesn’t help the empowerment of women (and I don’t mean being a cheerleader, I’m meaning how the show denigrates some women). I started watching it because I liked to see women’s dreams come true ( a few seasons of being a cheerleader is still a once in a lifetime thing, they can still have a lifetime of a real career). But I feel, like you, the shine is gone. 

Edited by Jesslyn
  • Love 6

I have mixed feelings about watching the next season, if it comes up again. I might wait until the squad photo is officially posted, then get the episodes from Amazon. That being said, with all of the greats either retired or about to retire, I feel like the days of girls like Megan Fox are over. It's almost like AT&T Stadium just did something to the dynamic of the team. They have this grand palace to entertain in and it has made the managers and staff all full of themselves. The girls are sycophants with their nervous chorus of "Yes, ma'am". As a Southern bred woman I almost have a stigma about saying that phrase because of the show, but I still do. ?

• Love 4
1 hour ago, vivianspoetry said:

How long has Charlotte been involved with DCC? Maybe it’s just my poor memory, but it seems like she’s gotten more camera time in recent years. 

Definitely more camera time, but I can imagine she's always had a role considering who her dad is.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, vivianspoetry said:

How long has Charlotte been involved with DCC? Maybe it’s just my poor memory, but it seems like she’s gotten more camera time in recent years. 

She's been actively working within the Dallas Cowboys Organization since 1990. 

• Love 1

Is there anyone following this board that can say if everyone starts to feel ready to walk away at the end of a season?  I also feel disappointed and almost like being unspoiled was pointless since so much more actual exciting stuff happened that I missed and that wasn’t shown on the show. 

Maybe its #metoo or the aforementioned “sycophants with their nervous chorus of "Yes, ma'am”” (copyright @tinabee1967) or the fact that everyone is so legitimately polished and good at dancing that it feels rediculous and arbitrary to drag out TC for so long and create fake stakes for the show.  In earlier seasons, there were always some unpolished girls that needed some time and a makeover, and a lot of now socially-inappropriate body shaming, all of which made for a better show, but now everyone is basically field-ready. Even VK (who was not at all ready based on current standards) was way more field-ready than a season ..8 (?) Karissa or a first-tryout-Maddy. 

• Love 5
13 minutes ago, WinkyFace said:

Is there anyone following this board that can say if everyone starts to feel ready to walk away at the end of a season?  I also feel disappointed and almost like being unspoiled was pointless since so much more actual exciting stuff happened that I missed and that wasn’t shown on the show. 

Maybe its #metoo or the aforementioned “sycophants with their nervous chorus of "Yes, ma'am”” (copyright @tinabee1967) or the fact that everyone is so legitimately polished and good at dancing that it feels rediculous and arbitrary to drag out TC for so long and create fake stakes for the show.  In earlier seasons, there were always some unpolished girls that needed some time and a makeover, and a lot of now socially-inappropriate body shaming, all of which made for a better show, but now everyone is basically field-ready. Even VK (who was not at all ready based on current standards) was way more field-ready than a season ..8 (?) Karissa or a first-tryout-Maddy. 

The thing that makes me not want to watch is the respect I’ve lost for Kelli. It probably began last season with the way the player fraternization was handled, the briana issue, and, cutting Brennan two years in a row atthe end.

But this year, she’s flat out been a terrible manager. I don’t think I can see her in the same light I did before.

Edited by rose711
  • Love 9

Thoughts...Kitty was not a Tara fan but was a VK fan. Kelly cut Tara before VK...does Kitty possibly have more influence then we know about? 

Also, I do hope that everything is ok on Kelly's homefront. It just seemed odd that she had to leave for a family emergency just around the time that VK was being showed to be photographed for her cameo. 

Edited by LisaWl7TR
  • Love 1
7 minutes ago, LisaWl7TR said:

Thoughts...Kitty was not a Tara fan but was a VK fan. Kelly cut Tara before VK...does Kitty possibly have more influence then we know about? 

Also, I do hope that everything is ok on Kelly's homefront. It just seemed odd that she had to leave for a family emergency just around the time that VK was being showed to be photographed for her cameo. 

I think Kitty has always heavily influenced cuts. It’s almost like she can get one girl cut every year and push one girl on the team.

• Love 3
15 minutes ago, LisaWl7TR said:

I think Kitty has always had a huge influence. She seems to get a girl cut every season and she has girls she pushes for. Like Morgan from years ago.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, rose711 said:

The thing that makes me not want to watch is the respect I’ve lost for Kelli. It probably began last season with the way the player fraternization was handled, the briana issue, and, cutting Brennan two years in a row atthe end.

But this year, she’s flat out been a terrible manager. I don’t think I can see her in the same light I did before.

I co-sign this. 

Kelli has always had issues with favoritism. Some was subtle, some not quite as subtle...but this year? She's the blinking Christmas tree in the corner. I feel her management of this summers TCC was subpar at best, her inability to make decisions lackluster and my trust in her, as a viewer, not to jump shark is gone. 

The thing about reality TV is that we know these girls exist. Essentially when fictional shows jump shark, while you're emotionally invested, you still knows these are actors and actresses going home at the end of the night as themselves with no harm, no foul. Sure, they may not like where the show has gone, and they may be emotional---but these characters aren't their sole identity. That isn't the case in reality TV. These girls exist, in real time, with very real feelings and emotions. Watching them crack because TCC is longer than it should be because TPTB can't seem to make any decisions, despite the fact that very logical ones are right in front of their face, isn't entertaining, it's painful. 

I will forever believe Tara was cut for the show, as drama fodder, because no other reasonable excuse exists. I will forever believe that Victoria only made it to the second to last week because Tina and Kelli are blood sisters. I will forever side eye Judy for practically being mute when it counted. And I will forever see Kelli as an unprofessional mean girl who may have the business sense to keep the money flowing, but who lacks the management skills to handle real living people.

This season has made me hate this show. I used to watch it out of fascination and interest, now it's nothing but snark fodder. 

Edited by Loves2Dance
  • Love 10
2 hours ago, LisaWl7TR said:

apparently Kitty does...and anything that would make the pool of women smaller worked for them. ?

• Love 3
On 10/25/2018 at 1:18 AM, Loves2Dance said:

I co-sign this. 

Kelli has always had issues with favoritism. Some was subtle, some not quite as subtle...but this year? She's the blinking Christmas tree in the corner. I feel her management of this summers TCC was subpar at best, her inability to make decisions lackluster and my trust in her, as a viewer, not to jump shark is gone. 

The thing about reality TV is that we know these girls exist. Essentially when fictional shows jump shark, while you're emotionally invested, you still knows these are actors and actresses going home at the end of the night as themselves with no harm, no foul. Sure, they may not like where the show has gone, and they may be emotional---but these characters aren't their sole identity. That isn't the case in reality TV. These girls exist, in real time, with very real feelings and emotions. Watching them crack because TCC is longer than it should be because TPTB can't seem to make any decisions, despite the fact that very logical ones are right in front of their face, isn't entertaining, it's painful. 

I will forever believe Tara was cut for the show, as drama fodder, because no other reasonable excuse exists. I will forever believe that Victoria only made it to the second to last week because Tina and Kelli are blood sisters. I will forever side eye Judy for practically being mute when it counted. And I will forever see Kelli as an unprofessional mean girl who may have the business sense to keep the money flowing, but who lacks the management skills to handle real living people.

This season has made me hate this show. I used to watch it out of fascination and interest, now it's nothing but snark fodder. 

Can I agree anymore? It’s completely my thoughts, and you articulated them so perfectly. At the same time it truly makes me sad, especially your words about them being real people. Still so bothered. 

Edited by Jesslyn
  • Love 5