Type keyword(s) to search

S13 E12: Time's Up

ByTor
  • Start Topic

2 hours ago, Nana J said:

I can't imagine she wears mascara that runs. They get sweaty during practice, and not 1 time have we seen her mascara run...her emotions seem real...however, suddenly shows maturity, running mascara, to me... fake...maybe scene recreated ?

I thought it seemed staged a bit as well. She’s cried before or at least fake cried when she was being overly dramatic about being cut and I never saw any mascara

It just adds to the clownlike quality of the whole show with her.

• Love 6
5 hours ago, PrincessLeia said:

I think her point was not to dismiss or make fun of something just because you’ve never heard of it! 

Yes but her wedding announcement was in Virginia, not Texas. That is where she was married, so I thought.

Edited by PBSLover
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, Nana J said:

I can't imagine she wears mascara that runs. They get sweaty during practice, and not 1 time have we seen her mascara run...her emotions seem real...however, suddenly shows maturity, running mascara, to me... fake...maybe scene recreated ?

Maybe they freshen up before waiting to be in the office?  IDK, but I find it hard to believe anyone would intentionally do something to have those awful pictures of themselves.  It rang real and true to me, and unthinking to not get her a tissue STAT.

• Love 2
5 minutes ago, Mardo2044 said:

Maybe they freshen up before waiting to be in the office?  IDK, but I find it hard to believe anyone would intentionally do something to have those awful pictures of themselves.  It rang real and true to me, and unthinking to not get her a tissue STAT.

Maybe because they didn't have tissues on hand since it was a make-shift "office" off the rehearsal field?

• Love 1
21 minutes ago, rose711 said:

I thought it seemed staged a bit as well. She’s cried before or at least fake cried when she was being overly dramatic about being cut and I never saw any mascara

It just adds to the clownlike quality of the whole show with her.

Whoa.  That’s a good point.   I guess she easily could have just switched brands/types of mascara, but that’s kind of a coincidence.  Hmmm...   So possibly the show gave her a heads up the cut was coming and told her “it would be a good idea if you wear a mascara/eye liner that I’ll run down your face if you cry”? - she’s a really good actress if that crying was fake though - cause the emotion seemed really real to me.  

13 hours ago, SSAHotchner said:

I agree with everything you're saying, but I still think Kelli should have been honest with Victoria (and her mother) before auditions even began. She should have told Victoria, if you're body is not in shape, don't even bother auditioning, because no matter how great a dancer you are, you'll be cut, or not even make finals, if you appear to be out of shape or someone who will not look good in the uniform. That's it. 

i don't think Kelli planned on the gaining weight or the not moving up/improving.  Kelli did her no favors by not treating her like any other TCC.  I honestly am not clear if she did give her notes or whether VK is under the impression it was just the weight.  

The mascara was worse because she kept scrunching her eyes tight and then letting go. It caused more run than normal. 

This season and before would have been better if they would just admit that certain candidates do get extra attention. There is nothing wrong with a legacy getting an extra look or an extra chance. Many of the girls come up from within the DCC circle and it's normal to give the ones you know the benefit of the doubt. K and J should just acknowledge it out right. They see VK as a DCC - it's her life long dream and they want to help her. Why couldn't they just be upfront about it. This season was a mess because it was so slanted toward VK - while simultaneously saying - "oh no -- legacies get no special attention." Bologna. Legacies get special attention in many organizations! Yes, they sill need to "work hard.," but it is a perk.

The major problem is cutting Tara. If you didn't like her - cut her at finals. Don't do it at the end of training camp. Unfair. And unsisterly. There are tons of Tara's on the current team -- blenders and those making small mistakes. Tara wasn't glaringly bad. She was well liked, well spoken, photographed well... She is the one that deserved some respect -as Kitty should have said!

• Love 22
11 minutes ago, go4luca said:

Maybe because they didn't have tissues on hand since it was a make-shift "office" off the rehearsal field?

That's a possibility. 

2 minutes ago, Tuxcat said:

The major problem is cutting Tara. If you didn't like her - cut her at finals. Don't do it at the end of training camp. Unfair. And unsisterly. There are tons of Tara's on the current team -- blenders and those making small mistakes. Tara wasn't glaringly bad. She was well liked, well spoken, photographed well... She is the one that deserved some respect -as Kitty should have said!

So true.  Judy a while back said they weren't going to cut vets in training camp anymore.

• Love 12
3 minutes ago, Tuxcat said:

Southern ladies always have tissues nearby!

Thanks for learnin' me!  I do have Abilene roots from eons ago but since I was only 2-4 yrs old at the time, I hadn't yet reached the tissue etiquette training age, lol.

• Love 2
On 10/18/2018 at 11:40 PM, Gigi88 said:

I was told from a source in the Dallas dance world that Tara went through a rough breakup in the off season .

This is what I figured, not took away my fire quite like a breakup did. 

• Love 5
15 hours ago, Jazzmom said:

Exactly!  

Kelli looked like she was going to cry standing on the field before rehearsal even started.  

This season is....I have no words.

Yes, and I feel Kelli's "denials" and Judy's smart assed tweet, (to me it was unprofessional) in defense of their decisions is very telling, cause they KNOW what they did. Why do they state over and over how hard it's been, yet viewers could see it from the get go? They are trying to keep the same narrative and pre-emptive damage control. And for crying in the night...Malena!!!!...they just keep giving her the whole Training Camp to improve, meanwhile they kicked Dayton to the curb who had/has infinite more potential. Kelli even said to Dayton at the hair salon, post late arrival by Dayton,  "I have the burden of you being your mother's daughter" prior to saying she loves her like a daughter. hum...not seeing it Kelli. I do believe the "burden" statement. 

I was watching the latest episode again, and in the beginning right before they say "Daphne is game ready," and my eyes went to a blond behind her that was interesting to watch. Yes it was Tara. Next we have Lacey and Melina, and we learn they have been PULLING MALENA OUT?! to make her "do it good." {so articulate Judy...} and then they say {"no one's a fish out of water...} I see fish flopping on the field, are we watching same show? I don't recall seeing Yuko this season because she is not memorable.. but she is Kelli favorite. hum..

There is NO WAY this favoritism has not impacted the team, and caused doubt in leadership.

No, Tara is not the same this season. Something has happened in her life it seems and she was a ROCK STAR of GRACE when she was dismissed. Where was buddy Savannah? I don't think there is one screen shot of them together all season. It's glaring.

Yes Victoria was more mature when she was cut, gives a little hope for future growth.

All this favoritism at the expense of some really super TCC that were barely given a glance this season.  What about comeback girls Brennon and Brianna??? Gaby should have had some camera time. It was the Victoria show, and I am sure Kelli has some input into the post production cutting room floor decisions.

Poor Form overall.

Shelly should to be right there in the office , providing her input in all cuts and final team roster. 

5 minutes ago, healthnut said:

This is what I figured, not took away my fire quite like a breakup did. 

just commented on that...makes sense, still DCC could have been a refuge for her, and having teammate support would have been {I think} important. Sisterhood? Many of the Vets were gutted.

• Love 11
24 minutes ago, Tuxcat said:

The mascara was worse because she kept scrunching her eyes tight and then letting go. It caused more run than normal. 

This season and before would have been better if they would just admit that certain candidates do get extra attention. There is nothing wrong with a legacy getting an extra look or an extra chance. Many of the girls come up from within the DCC circle and it's normal to give the ones you know the benefit of the doubt. K and J should just acknowledge it out right. They see VK as a DCC - it's her life long dream and they want to help her. Why couldn't they just be upfront about it. This season was a mess because it was so slanted toward VK - while simultaneously saying - "oh no -- legacies get no special attention." Bologna. Legacies get special attention in many organizations! Yes, they sill need to "work hard.," but it is a perk.

YES YES YES, 

• Love 6
16 hours ago, sATL said:

Did I miss this ?  I was looking forward to seeing SG.. So, I guess next week we get to see the annual show they do for family and friends with the entire squad

Probably next week. The episode descriptions have been messed up all season.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, tvrox said:

I hope Victoria fixes her hair before the next season. I thought it looked far worse than Jaylyn's, so messy, yet they never addressed it.

But, but, but . . . "She has the best hair," says Kelli. Yea, after she's had it professionally done & just standing posing for pictures. While dancing & after? Not so much.

1 hour ago, PBSLover said:

How about email? I’ve heard that’s pretty good.

Email is so old school. All the cool kids are texting these days. ?

• Love 6
1 hour ago, PBSLover said:

Yes but her wedding announcement was in Virginia, not Texas. That is where she was married, so I thought.

The bottom says, "originally published in Houston community newspapers," or something to that effect. So Texas, although they may have used the same one in both places.

• Love 2
33 minutes ago, WaterSpirit said:

Shelly should to be right there in the office , providing her input in all cuts and final team roster. 

38 minutes ago, healthnut said:

Shelly did put stickers on the cards. From what I could see --- she gave one to Tara.

11 minutes ago, parrotfeathers said:

Bologna

LOL. When I say it - I say BAAAAHHH - LAAAAHHHHG - NAAAAHHHH. To make it an extra special point. 

• Love 6
8 hours ago, WinkyFace said:

I agree that they don’t attract the creammof the crop, but I disagree that they ever did, and I TOTALLY disagree that this isn’t the best group they have had in years. Most of these women are excellent dancers, the show is only showing us the strugglers

This “wedding announcement” is an embarrassing excuse to name-drop. I’d be pissednif I was her husband and she got 80% of whatever you call this (cause it has no paragraphs, can I still call it an article?) 

I think there's a good chance Meredith's mom actually wrote that announcement, which could be why it sounds so weirdly braggy. Usually the announcement is made by the bride's parents (we had a heavy hand in writing ours, but my parents were the ones who submitted it to our hometown paper).

• Love 5

Re: Malena -- I have been shocked how long K&J have kept her around. I was really surprised when K&J said they didn't know about her being benched while she was on the Flight Crew because she had problems remembering choreography;  I thought they did research on all the TCC's backgrounds..? (I remember how last year during prelims Kelli told Judy about how Alexandria was a group leader/star on the Patriots' cheerleading squad so obviously some 'homework' was done.. and there are many other examples I'm sure.) And then right off the bat and continuing through training camp, Malena has proved out exactly the same problem with not retaining choreography. I just can't figure out why they wasted a training camp slot on her, much less continue to ignore how she has demonstrated over and over why she was benched on the Flight Crew. She definitely should have been cut long ago.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, Tuxcat said:

Then she did it on purpose. It is not natural when you cry to squeeze your eyes shut then open. Of course doing that is going to make the mascara run like a faucet down your face! 

• Love 2
15 hours ago, SSAHotchner said:

I agree with everything you're saying, but I still think Kelli should have been honest with Victoria (and her mother) before auditions even began. She should have told Victoria, if you're body is not in shape, don't even bother auditioning, because no matter how great a dancer you are, you'll be cut, or not even make finals, if you appear to be out of shape or someone who will not look good in the uniform. That's it. As far as her behavior goes, she seems way more immature than other 18 year olds we've seen in training camp through the years. I also think they cut Dayton before it was necessary just to hopefully squash claims of nepotism, but the extra special kid gloves treatment they gave Victoria just stands out in contrast to the way every other TC, except Lonie, has been treated from the get-go. I realize this was tough on Kelli and Judy, but they should have made it clear up front with both VK and her mom that she WASN'T going to get special treatment and that she wasn't ready to audition until she got her body in tip top shape. And to say "we don't have a uniform for you" was a ridiculous thing to say. What about what they say to the others? "You're not top 36." That's the truth. She should at least have said, "in your current physical shape, you're not right for our uniform." If she were a bit overweight or not toned, it wouldn't matter nearly as much if she were one of the stand out talents of the rookies, but she wasn't. She wasn't great at anything and the sooner she recognizes it, the sooner she can work on fixing those things if she plans to come back. And whoever did her makeover should be fired...unless she just chose her own makeup and refused to go along with the makeover the same way she refused to go along with the diet. 

I totally agree. She should have been told (before tryouts) EVERYTHING that is required to make this team.  If she is unable to keep the weight off, isn’t able to complete dances to perfection, isn’t able to be (what they consider) a good ambassador, then there is a strong chance she would not make the squad this year. She’s blessed to know Kelli and Judy so well. They allowed her to stay in the majority of training camp. That’s a huge plus for her when she tries out again. She will be one step ahead of the game. 

When she gained the first 3-5 pounds, that should have been addressed immediately.......she should have been sent to Jay...or a nutritionist.  Ignoring Janelle’s help would have cost any other TCC her position in training camp. 

I still don’t feel Dayton was shown the same consideration Victoria was and that seems unfair to me. But, this is just my personal opinion. I’m happy that she has turned this negative situation into a positive one! 

• Love 6
On 10/19/2018 at 6:54 AM, sATL said:

Kelli: " I am a ball of stress..I'm still absorbing tonight..."

I think Kelli learned a lot about herself and how to deal with legacies this season.  She learned that there are many outside influences that get placed on her shoulders when dealing with legacies. She cannot let them appear or be 'shoo-in. And she probably realized that her heart gets pulled , to an uncomfortable/unfamiliar place, dealing with them esp. if they have questionable DCC skills. 

All, I can say to her is stock up on Rolaids/Tums and walk in the role you been appointed to. With each passing year, more legacies will appear. Some will make it , some won't . She has a long way to go before retirement.

Judy had it easier in that : (1) she excluded herself from Cassie's judging and (2) she does not have final say as to get's cut. She has a big say, but not the final - deliver the message say so.

This year may have been, in part, a reaction to last year, but when someone hands you not just one, but MULTIPLE, reasons to cut them (Victoria, Kristen, Malena), take them up on their offer and CUT THEM.  Kelli's done it before and will do it again, but she's biased and, in most cases, won't let facts or the opinions of others to temper that bias.

On 10/19/2018 at 7:18 AM, Mardo2044 said:

I was always told 80% is about what you do in the kitchen, 20% in the gym...so your hard work in the gym will not show really until you lose the weight.

I've been told this as well and yet have never put it into practice, though I should.

On 10/19/2018 at 7:31 AM, KimAlly said:

I nearly spit out my coffee because of "Hey Kitty, if you want to cut a vet, cut...............Christina for looking like a man."  Priceless!!!!!

It's a good line and certainly true from certain angles.  She needs to watch that.  I've run into that gender-bender thing before, most recently at the grocery store where I thought the checker was a woman.  As I was waiting, I starting thinking and realized the person was either a woman with more masculine features or a guy with very feminine features.  The moment I saw his name tag, I realized that the second option was the correct one, a guy with very feminine features.  Poor kid probably was tormented about it at some point in his life.

On 10/19/2018 at 7:44 AM, Jazzmom said:

My friend was walking miles a day & trying to lose weight with a low calorie plan, but I did low carb for a few months.  She stayed the same weight wise (give or take 5 lbs) & I lost 20 lbs with no planned exercise.  I just went about my daily life.  I would say dancing & low carb would take the weight off quickly.  It truly melts off but it is a commitment.  I started at 50 carbs on day 1, and cut 10 each day until I was at 20 carbs a day. Weight loss averages 10 lbs a month.  I tried not to go over 975 calories a day too.  I learned my carb number where my weight stays the same, and the number where the weight creeps up.  You do feel better & I just do activities that I love to do for toning.  Low carb is great when you make good choices in the food selection, like fresh salmon over bacon. Double fiber breads are about 7 carbs a slice, and of course my fav..Breyers carb smart ice cream!  It is a mind set & life style change.  

I've got to get on this.  I keep telling myself to do this, but just kept reaching for the bread, the chips, and all my other favorite carbs.  I need to do more than tell myself, I should actually do it.

On 10/19/2018 at 8:14 AM, ElenaFR said:

Had all the same thoughts. Some sisterhood. Blah. Tara's cut seemed off, especially with the footage CMT showed yesterday. Malena should have gone before her.  Heck, Brennan looked super weak the entire show/edit. 

I agree about Malena but we haven't really seen enough of Brennan the rest of the show to determine if she's actually weak this year.  The only times I can really remember them pointing anything out about her was when she was really strong.  Otherwise, she's just in the background because the cameras are focused on Victoria to the exclusion of almost everyone else.

On 10/19/2018 at 9:22 AM, jlc said:

This right here is a problem, because now she thinks she was ok with everything, so what does she need to do differently next year. I am afraid that Kelli has changed the whole dynamic of the show, in that how does she justify an early cut on a vet or candidate that has a weight issue, or who "has no words" on media day, or acts like a 12 year old in the locker room or on an appearance, or worse yet is mad because she doesn't make show group! Now she has to make sure that she is accountable for every decision she makes in order to keep people from throwing Victoria in her face and questioning her abilities to be a fair and honest director. 

I sincerely hope that Kelli told Victoria off-camera what she needs to work on.  If not, those very things should be in the notes that Kelli's giving to the girls because Kelli has been putting off this decision for weeks, perhaps hoping that she wouldn't have to make it at all.  Kelli's had to be accountable for ALL her decisions since she became the director, but she's been through at least a year and a half of dealing with the repercussions of said decisions.  I would hope that Kelli persuades Victoria to NOT re-audition next year and to let everything die down so that we can get the old, more ruthless and blunt Kelli back.

On 10/19/2018 at 9:45 AM, Originalroux said:

Here’s the problem I’ve had with this entire season - Kelli constantly telling us how stressful every week is, training camp has never been this competitive, yada yada.  She’s brought this on herself (and maybe for the sake of weekly drama) but she should’ve cut Malena and VK weeks ago.  Even if she’s feeling burned from what happened last year, get down to the 36-39, build from there or rely on your All-Stars; that’s why you have them. I’m rewatching the episode where VK is being called out on her weight and lack of action; she should’ve been let go that night. Others have been cut for less.  Pick your team, tell them they are the team, give them the confidence that they are on the team (one less stress) and hone their skills from there. Take those with the needed dance skills and polish them to be ambassadors.  Not every week needs the “cut night” drama; we enjoyed watching the GL and their squads dance last night. Give us more of that, the inner workings of the DCC.   

That way way we don’t need to see Kelli stress so much (and tell us about it). 

See above.

On 10/19/2018 at 12:13 PM, MyFavShows said:

I thought VK was very professional in her cut and even waiting to go in.   That was unfortunate about her eye makeup running like that and I was wondering why K or J wouldn’t give her a tissue to wipe it off?, but I guess it made for really dramatic footage for the show so I’m sure CMT liked it.   I really felt for her cause you could see how genuinely upset she was when she realized she was cut and that stuff about the A plus plus Victoria was really endearing.

Needless to say I like her a lot and hope she comes back, and I just flat out don’t believe the vast majority of stuff that was spread about her on the spoiler thread (and nothing shown on the show changed my mind about that).  I think Kelli was right that it was comprehensive issues that of to her cut cause even though he weight was bad a few weeks back, I think she had been losing some, but that combined with all other things made her not top 36.

Your choice to not believe the vast majority of spoilers.  That's all I'm going to say because I don't want to get my hand slapped for saying the wrongs things about the wrong people.

23 hours ago, hannahbanana said:

They couldn't tell VK what each of her problems were, they would have been there all night! They could do a whole season on "reasons why we cut you, VK." Didn't someone say Tina was trying to get CMT to give VK her own show?

Well, they COULD do it, but the editing would be much more choppy and worse than it already is.  I just want to see how the cut REALLY happened.

22 hours ago, poppysand said:

I don't think my eyes have ever been drier at an elimination. If it really was "bullshit" to think she was getting special treatment One Sticker Victoria would've been eliminated weeks ago. I do think Tara had generally lost her spark, but the very idea that she'd be eliminated before Victoria is just so wild and it shows just how not bullshit that assessment of VK's personal standing is. She hadn't done a single thing in the entire training camp to be deemed remarkable. Her dancing has been uncontrollable from the start, she's been on watch for weight long before they plucked up the courage to admit to themselves and to her that she was, she's disrespected the staff, the group leaders have thought she's been an ambassador risk essentially the whole time, and even guests who've come in who said they liked her didn't give her a sticker.

And don't even get me started on Malena. It's a week to the first game and she still doesn't even have the signature dance down .............................. like.

I think Kelli knows she screwed up with Victoria, but doesn't want to admit it to anyone, even herself, because then she would have to admit that she made a MAJOR mistake with the whole situation to not only herself, but Victoria, Tina, Judy, and everyone else who was in on the decision-making process, including the viewers.

Come ON iTunes.  Get your act together and get the episode up already.

• Love 5

I finally got to watch Victoria's cut, but I had to go to frickin' youtube to do it.  Where was THAT Victoria throughout training camp?  If she had brought that poise and maturity throughout camp (and to her life as well as her dancing), she would have kicked some serious ASS and I would have been cheering her on, hoping that she would make the team.  However. . . now, on to my critique.

I could tell that, when Victoria entered the room, she thought it was going to be like all the rest of her office visits, she'd get a talking to, then she'd go join the rest and hopefully be in the room to hear the squad announcement with the rest of the girls.  However, I could see the realization set in as Kelli continued to talk that this was NOT like the other office visits, that Kelli was making cuts and that she wasn't going to like what was going to come next.  I hope that she DOES mean to take the year (or more) to come back healthier, stronger and better and not just mean it in the moment.  It's easy to say you'll do something and mean it in the moment, but MUCH harder to follow through on that promise.  That "Just not this year?" in the middle of the tears could be one last attempt to get them to change their minds, but she said it like she knew there was no chance they would do so as much as she would like them to.

Too bad iTunes hasn't put the episode up.  I want to see how it all went down, but don't want to shell out the additional funds for essentially a duplicate on a different platform.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Blndee6 said:

Re: Malena -- I have been shocked how long K&J have kept her around. I was really surprised when K&J said they didn't know about her being benched while she was on the Flight Crew because she had problems remembering choreography;  I thought they did research on all the TCC's backgrounds..? (I remember how last year during prelims Kelli told Judy about how Alexandria was a group leader/star on the Patriots' cheerleading squad so obviously some 'homework' was done.. and there are many other examples I'm sure.) And then right off the bat and continuing through training camp, Malena has proved out exactly the same problem with not retaining choreography. I just can't figure out why they wasted a training camp slot on her, much less continue to ignore how she has demonstrated over and over why she was benched on the Flight Crew. She definitely should have been cut long ago.

Going to put it out there - Kelli likes polishing 'diamonds in the rough', they like girls from other teams b/c they have a clue what they're in for, and they needed diversity. So they kept her longer.

Seems like Kelli always gives those Jets girls more of a chance than other girls with the same issues - Jasmine, Savannah, Danielle, Tara all been on the bubble over the years for various reasons. 

• Love 8

Malena is very photogenic and well spoken.  They always give the beauties that bring that other facet to DCC a longer time.  I think the hope all along was she will get it in time, and if not she is that much further along if she tries out next time.  

Edited by Mardo2044
  • Love 13
4 hours ago, WaterSpirit said:

All this favoritism at the expense of some really super TCC that were barely given a glance this season.  What about comeback girls Brennon and Brianna??? Gaby should have had some camera time. It was the Victoria show, and I am sure Kelli has some input into the post production cutting room floor decisions.

Omg where has Brianna been this training camp? She’s barely been featured! I liked her at tryouts last year so I was really keen to see how she was getting on this time around. I’m still waiting! 

• Love 12
1 minute ago, DocBrown said:

Omg where has Brianna been this training camp? She’s barely been featured! I liked her at tryouts last year so I was really keen to see how she was getting on this time around. I’m still waiting! 

who is Brianna?  oops... I guess I made your point.  Worst season ever as far as coverage

• Love 2
3 hours ago, Pksbena1 said:

I still don’t feel Dayton was shown the same consideration Victoria was and that seems unfair to me. But, this is just my personal opinion. I’m happy that she has turned this negative situation into a positive one! 

I’m staring to wonder if Dayton’s cut wasn’t planned so she would still have the opportunity to try out for the cruise ship

job. Like “if you think she can’t do it this year, please cut by xx date so we can go to these other tryouts” they had the tix to the UK overnight. 

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, WinkyFace said:

I’m staring to wonder if Dayton’s cut wasn’t planned so she would still have the opportunity to try out for the cruise ship

job. Like “if you think she can’t do it this year, please cut by xx date so we can go to these other tryouts” they had the tix to the UK overnight. 

Her mom has said over and over on here she was cut and found out about the cruise auditons like a day later and they jumped on it. Not planned.

So I'm starting to have a new take on VK. Yeah, she's obnoxious and not ready but how else is she supposed to act when she's been fed her own hype for 18 years. She's been told since birth she's an awesome dancer and going to be a DCC as soon as she's 18, so she has been taught her whole life this is what is going to happen. She's gone to like every prep class imaginable besides training since she was 2, so she was following every step in the path and then it went wrong. She's immature and just living how she's been raised. So not all her fault that she is the way she is. I hope she grows up and whether or not is DCC, realizes she might not ever be enough, but that's ok if her life leads down a different road. I know mine sure diverted from the dance path I thought I'd have, but it's ok. At least she hasn't been injured. 

• Love 11
22 minutes ago, UnicornKicks said:

Her mom has said over and over on here she was cut and found out about the cruise auditons like a day later and they jumped on it. Not planned.

So I'm starting to have a new take on VK. Yeah, she's obnoxious and not ready but how else is she supposed to act when she's been fed her own hype for 18 years. She's been told since birth she's an awesome dancer and going to be a DCC as soon as she's 18, so she has been taught her whole life this is what is going to happen. She's gone to like every prep class imaginable besides training since she was 2, so she was following every step in the path and then it went wrong. She's immature and just living how she's been raised. So not all her fault that she is the way she is. I hope she grows up and whether or not is DCC, realizes she might not ever be enough, but that's ok if her life leads down a different road. I know mine sure diverted from the dance path I thought I'd have, but it's ok. At least she hasn't been injured. 

She has to take responsibility for herself. She didn’t take corrections and she didnt take Jinelle or her weight warning seriously. Not to mention all we’ve heard of her toxic behavior and celebrations when she was cut.

I don’t give her any slack for being a spoiled, selfish girl because that’s the way she was raised. 

• Love 9
4 minutes ago, rose711 said:

She has to take responsibility for herself. She didn’t take corrections and she didnt take Jinelle or her weight warning seriously. Not to mention all we’ve heard of her toxic behavior and celebrations when she was cut.

I don’t give her any slack for being a spoiled, selfish girl because that’s the way she was raised. 

Yeah she does, but she just turned 18 and still lives at home. Teenager that Just graduated high school.  She has seen NOTHING of the world except her little bubble until now. This might be the moment she needed to grow up some. 

• Love 8

VK showed maturity with how she handled her cut.  She needed to have shown that maturity all along but her reassuring Kelli and Judy showed maturity and grace.  The person who was the worst in that cut was Kelli with her rendition of no words.   Kelli needed to put on her big girl panties and tell the TCC (VK) exactly what she needed to do to make it the next year.  VK asked what she needed to work on.  Every other cut she has done that.  Here's a script for Kelli

1.  We loved your shape at auditions but you know our uniform is unforgiving and you gained weight during training camp.  You need to come back in shape, in fact we would like you a few pounds less than your audition weight this year because a few judges thought you were soft at auditions.  

2.  You need to learn that you must change your eating habits to stay lean.  You gets lots of cardio.

3.  We know you love your home studio but take some dance classes that focus more on the technique of dance.  Here's a list of studios we recommend.

4.  You have beautiful long legs and sometimes you travel too much.  Become more spatially aware and stop ending up in someone else's space.  Judy could pipe in that VK needs more control in her dancing.

5.  You did not do well at media training.  Here is how you can improve.  Go take a speech class at school.  Read the newspaper.  There's a whole world out there that does not happen in a dance studio.  Part of your job as a DCC is to be an ambassador.

6.  Do some activity besides dance.  Learn who VK wants to be. 

7.  Realize that DCC is a job and you need to treat it as one.  Treat everyone on the job with the same respect including alumni who have been assigned to help you.

Then Kelli could go into she would make a great DCC next year.  VK was mature enough to ask what she could do to improve so Kelli should have been mature enough to discuss the issues.

I was impressed with how VK acted during her cut.

As to Tara's cut, that was brutal.  Kelli should have asked before if there was anything personal going on with her and what stress did Tara have at the job.  Once again VK should  have been cut before Tara.  I really liked Tara and she seemed to struggle a little that night but not enough to be cut.  Tara is who should have been shown respect.  It will be interesting to see if she tries out.  I hope so.  Kelli and Judy certainly encouraged it.  My heart broke watching (and hearing) the other vets cry.  Kashara and Gina both looked brokenhearted.  

As to Jenn's comments on Brennan, it was not Brennan's best night.  I do not hate Jenn for pointing it out.  They asked for her opinion.  I will always be a Jenn fan.  As to rumors on Jenn keeping Kashara out of  show group, Kashara (who I love) did not have the best show group auditions her first and second year.  I think her second year she messed up on stunts and Kitty said she hated when people try to do what they cannot do.  Jenn certainly supported Kashara as pro bowl rep.

And I do not understand how Malena can still be there. ....................

I loved that Meredith was the where are they now segment.  Glad to see she is doing so well.  Meredith was one of the most well spoken DCC I have ever seen.  Meredith could help some of these girls in how to handle themselves with speaking.

• Love 17
8 hours ago, Mardo2044 said:

might be a causality of not having the meeting in a true working office. Kelli probably had a tissue box on/in her real every-day desk.

But then again, having a RIFed TCC mutilate a white tissue, with tears, mascara and nose blowing, might not be something K&J (or the cameras) want to see.

Edited by sATL
59 minutes ago, Lexusprincess said:

VK showed maturity with how she handled her cut.  She needed to have shown that maturity all along but her reassuring Kelli and Judy showed maturity and grace.  The person who was the worst in that cut was Kelli with her rendition of no words.   Kelli needed to put on her big girl panties and tell the TCC (VK) exactly what she needed to do to make it the next year.  VK asked what she needed to work on.  Every other cut she has done that.  Here's a script for Kelli

1.  We loved your shape at auditions but you know our uniform is unforgiving and you gained weight during training camp.  You need to come back in shape, in fact we would like you a few pounds less than your audition weight this year because a few judges thought you were soft at auditions.  

2.  You need to learn that you must change your eating habits to stay lean.  You gets lots of cardio.

3.  We know you love your home studio but take some dance classes that focus more on the technique of dance.  Here's a list of studios we recommend.

4.  You have beautiful long legs and sometimes you travel too much.  Become more spatially aware and stop ending up in someone else's space.  Judy could pipe in that VK needs more control in her dancing.

5.  You did not do well at media training.  Here is how you can improve.  Go take a speech class at school.  Read the newspaper.  There's a whole world out there that does not happen in a dance studio.  Part of your job as a DCC is to be an ambassador.

6.  Do some activity besides dance.  Learn who VK wants to be. 

7.  Realize that DCC is a job and you need to treat it as one.  Treat everyone on the job with the same respect including alumni who have been assigned to help you.

Then Kelli could go into she would make a great DCC next year.  VK was mature enough to ask what she could do to improve so Kelli should have been mature enough to discuss the issues.

I was impressed with how VK acted during her cut.

As to Tara's cut, that was brutal.  Kelli should have asked before if there was anything personal going on with her and what stress did Tara have at the job.  Once again VK should  have been cut before Tara.  I really liked Tara and she seemed to struggle a little that night but not enough to be cut.  Tara is who should have been shown respect.  It will be interesting to see if she tries out.  I hope so.  Kelli and Judy certainly encouraged it.  My heart broke watching (and hearing) the other vets cry.  Kashara and Gina both looked brokenhearted.  

As to Jenn's comments on Brennan, it was not Brennan's best night.  I do not hate Jenn for pointing it out.  They asked for her opinion.  I will always be a Jenn fan.  As to rumors on Jenn keeping Kashara out of  show group, Kashara (who I love) did not have the best show group auditions her first and second year.  I think her second year she messed up on stunts and Kitty said she hated when people try to do what they cannot do.  Jenn certainly supported Kashara as pro bowl rep.

And I do not understand how Malena can still be there. ....................

I loved that Meredith was the where are they now segment.  Glad to see she is doing so well.  Meredith was one of the most well spoken DCC I have ever seen.  Meredith could help some of these girls in how to handle themselves with speaking.

Great post. looking forward to the bullet list of what Malena needs to  do - if she does not make it...

• Love 6
22 hours ago, Loves2Dance said:

@ShellyB Who decides who gets featured on the "Where are they now?" segments? 

I don't know but next week we should probably all be prepared to see 'Where Are They Now Recently Cut TCC edition' and then a 3 minute piece on F minus minus Victoria comes on.

• Love 7

When cuts are made so close to their first performance, don’t formations have to be adjusted as well? Even though they are all doing the same choreo, they may have moves changed to a different count. And with cuts being made throughout these last few weeks, those counts may have changed several times. 

That must be challenging for the TCCs and I suppose how well they adjust is something else to be judged on.  I’m sure the DCCs are used to it. 

• Love 1
3 hours ago, Pinknblue said:

iTunes are you freaking kidding me. Come on.

Seriously this is ridiculous! I won’t be buying a season pass from them again. Going on day three since it aired and still nothing but yet they took our money up front ?

• Love 3

As you all said, Tara’s cut was brutal. I wasn’t even a big fan last year but she always looked good. Yes, it was obvious that something was wrong in the previous meeting they had, but then Judy said she looked amazing in cameos and Tara said she was getting positive feedback. It’s obvious she was struggling with personal issues and they should have helped her instead of making it worse. I sincerely hope she doesn’t come back.

As for VK, I can’t believe Kelli had the guts to tell her she needs to come back and she will get a uniform on tv. That girl literally lied about using the resources you gave her and blew off Jinelle. Even if weight and dancing can be improved (which I don’t believe, she spent 2 years attending every single prep class and a full summer of tc and she’s still bad or mediocre at best), lying and acting unprofessionally shouldn’t be taken lightly. And i’m sorry, but she’s not even beautiful. Her mouth is very distracting.

as for upcoming cuts, Malena is the obvious one. Lily was kind of off on the field, but other than that I can’t see any other obvious cuts. Maybe that’s why Tara was cut...

On a positive note, Bridget looked amzing at ‘point’ when rookies were dancing on their own. She’s so far up in the triangle, so I’m sure next year she’s going to be up front. Unless Kelli cuts her to bring back VK.

• Love 14
7 hours ago, exitstageleft said:

When cuts are made so close to their first performance, don’t formations have to be adjusted as well? Even though they are all doing the same choreo, they may have moves changed to a different count. And with cuts being made throughout these last few weeks, those counts may have changed several times.

That must be challenging for the TCCs and I suppose how well they adjust is something else to be judged on.  I’m sure the DCCs are used to it. 

Most dancers are used to that. What usually happens if you're on a dance team or in a dance company is you learn the choreography and while you're practicing in the studio (even before formations are set) you do whichever count is closest to where you are. Usually roll offs/ripples are either front to back or left to right so if you're on the far left side in the studio, you just go with the first group, for example. Later when formations are done, the director will go through each formation change and say, "Okay, first formation - everyone from person A to person B will be on count 1. Everyone from person C to person D will be count 2. Everyone from person E to person F will be count 3. Next formation!" And even then, the formations often aren't set in stone. They will be adjusted for various reasons. In high school, there were some dances we did several times throughout the year so before each performance, we would have an audition to select who would get to be in the dance. Then the director would set formations based on how many people were selected. We had a lot more formation changes than the DCC typically have in a single dance (I remember one dance we did had at least ten formation changes) but it was not a big deal to change who was where each time we performed it. Anyone who has danced in a performance setting should be able to make these adjustments quickly and easily. If 15 year old girls who have no intention of becoming professional dancers can manage to change which counts their roll off is on, the Greatest Cheerleading Squad in the World should be able to do it too (and they do).

Edited by ElectricBoogaloo
Typo
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

but it was not a big deal to change who was where each time we performed it. Anyone who has danced in a performance setting should be able to make these adjustments quickly and easily.

Your explanation is appreciated.  Perhaps had I started dancing at 3 I would have had this ability.  I really respect anyone who can do these moves.  As a non-dancer, watching the DCC perform with such perfection is amazing to me.  I cannot imagine the pressure, even though to a dancer it probably isn't really pressure.  I do believe training camp is brutal to the young girls, and I respect all of them for their willingness to even try out--even the worst dancer there.

• Love 5

Also, I loved Amy’s personality in her segment & Sarah looked beautiful in the clip.  

Didn’t VK  introduce her trainer in the 1st episode?  I remember a clip about working out.  

No matter what talent or skill you hone growing up, it is wise to be well educated in many subjects.  

• Love 2
12 hours ago, WinkyFace said:

I believe right after the cut, Shelly reached out to her contact at RCC to ask about any upcoming auditions in the USA, and then they were off to London for the auditions.  

It was a good idea too.  

• Love 2
18 hours ago, Mardo2044 said:

That's a possibility. 

So true.  Judy a while back said they weren't going to cut vets in training camp anymore.

She said Vets with weight problems should be cut at auditions, not wait until training camp.  

• Love 5

Victoria was completely different, even at rehearsals, for both nights.  My conspiracy theory radar tells me she was (or TK was) warned that VK was on the chopping block and if there was any mistake, she was getting cut.  She was less giddy when receiving corrections and was somber in all of the moments filmed when the girls were interacting with group leaders.  I also think she was prepared to give a mature, more polished response to being cut because there is no way she went from silly over-the-top VK to that mature young woman in the office.  That A++ speech was pte-scripted.  She was probably hoping they called her in to say she was improving or the tears would have started as soon as she sat down.  

Kelli calling her courageous. Really?   And there have been many 18 year olds who handled themselves beautifully...and without demanding constant talking-head time.  Kinzie comes to mind.  

If she comes back....who am I kidding?  WHEN she comes back, CMT better treat her like Brennan, under the radar.  I canNOT  deal with another season of the DCC MTT VK show.  ?

• Love 8