Type keyword(s) to search

S13.E03/E04: And I Don't Like Alligators!/Yellow Eggs

• Start Topic

On 10/23/2018 at 6:04 PM, Honey said:

Couldn't it just be that he is curious about where he comes from?  I think it's great that they embrace the cultural differences of their children, to give them a link to their beginning, and I suspect that the family will be making a trip to India within the next few years.

My daughters are both from Taiwan and were adopted at different times. When I traveled to adopt my second daughter, I took my mother, father, and older daughter with me. While she doesn't remember it now (she was 20 months old at the time), she will point to pictures from Gotcha Day for her sister and speak about having traveled there. When people ask her about where she is from, she talks about how "Mommy got on a plane to come get me. Then later Mommy and I went to get Gracie on a plane too."

Yes, I would like to take my girls back there to see some of the sights and visit the group home where they lived their first few months. We also had the benefit of meeting the girls' birth parents both times. So in a box I have pictures and notes from those meetings. Eventually, my girls will ask about that and want to know about where they came from. It will be nice to show them pictures and explain what their mother and father said about not being able to raise them. 

Will is the same age in these episodes as my older daughter is now. While he might not have come right out and said, "I want to go to China," he probably has shown interest based on the pictures and stories he's seen and been told. Jen or Bill might have said to him, "Maybe we could go to China someday..." My daughter has spoken about going back to see Taiwan. Though her concern is more about the hotel pool than seeing anything cultural or important. 

• Love 7
On 10/20/2018 at 11:05 AM, flyingdi said:

I thought that China was also a business trip for Bill?  I thought he was making some kind of pee pad deal with the Chinese?

I just watched the episode. That's what I said too. Bill's pee pads are made in China. I believe that whole trip was funded by TLC and Bill made it seem like it was for Will, a seven year old, but Bill really went there to go through the logistics of getting his invention made cheaply. Pretty smart, Bill. On a side note, Will seemed so well behaved there not having a cupcake or lollipop in his mouth the whole time. That kid should not be given sugar. He can't handle it. Not to be mean, just my opinion. 

• Love 2