Type keyword(s) to search

S01E05: Connecting Flights

CooperTV
  • Start Topic

2 minutes ago, DCCme said:

I think you all should know that if my plane goes missing for five and a half years and I come home thinking it’s been only a couple hours and I find out my mom is dead and my fiancé married my best friend, and I’m still trying to cope with my best friend dying in a car I was driving, I’m going to spend at least the first ten days in bed with the sheets over my head waiting to wake up from this nightmare. Then I’m going to need a year to go through the grieving process.  So check in with me in about 18 months for any mysteries...

Ditto!
Although, if someone offered me a multi-million dollar book deal to tell all (never mind that what I'd have to tell at that point would fit on the head of a pin), I'd get busy.

• Love 4
5 minutes ago, DCCme said:

I think you all should know that if my plane goes missing for five and a half years and I come home thinking it’s been only a couple hours and I find out my mom is dead and my fiancé married my best friend, and I’m still trying to cope with my best friend dying in a car I was driving, I’m going to spend at least the first ten days in bed with the sheets over my head waiting to wake up from this nightmare. Then I’m going to need a year to go through the grieving process.  So check in with me in about 18 months for any mysteries...

Same. I don't like the way they jumped right into a mystery, and I thought it had been more than ten days. 

If Lourdes' house was a mess, then I should be featured on Hoarders. My goodness. 

I don't like Grace meeting Danny at a support group. Ugh. It feels creepy. I also didn't like it happening at her first meeting, when she finally got up because of her little girl. She's finally smiling because of a new man. Of course her daughter was also smart enough to know that he wasn't just a friend. 

• Love 6
40 minutes ago, CleoCaesar said:

The entire world should be more freaked out about the whole thing. This plane lost 5 years. The entire concept of time has been upended. Physics will have to be reconceptualized. There should be mass panic. Religious fervor. Cults springing up. Theories about parallel universes. All of the passengers being in indefinite government quarantine.

This a mediocre network thriller so I assume they don't have the budget to depict a world catastrophe with any kind of gravitas. But still, everyone is so accepting of this once-in-a-millennium event. It cheapens the whole show.

Excellent post, CLEOCAESAR! And THAT is what makes this show ridiculous. Because the writers have not shown enough investigation into what happened and shifted gears to tell a story about the characters during the missing plane and after they returned, the show is a fail.

The focus should be a serious investigation into the time warp and theories of what may have happened, not the result or aftermath of that time warp with silly shadows and voices. 

• Love 7

Yeah as really think that FBI and the military looked like boy scouts compared to what the NSA is doing. Ruining lives and do not care who gets hurt. And really all of the passengers need to team up to try to take down Vance.

Thought Jared was going to hit Vance and tell him where to go. Vance made him get off easy as he could have lost his job. Jared cares about Michaela but really she is will have to open up and Jared may not understand it. But one day she will so that he would have to live by the sword, die by it

Ben and Cal both having a blast. Flipping coins. And really it seems that they got the messages in their heads as "angels" were telling them something as all passengers got that.

Bethany kind of asked to be caught though she was sacrificing for that homeless stowaway. And really she should say nothing. And really the NSA is doing a lot to violate people's rights. 

I thought that Jared should have told Michaela about what Vance (not Director Vance from NCIS) wanted him to do, and then she could tell him about the voices.  Then,, together they can feed Vance false information to lead him down another trail.

• Love 7
7 hours ago, BooBear said:

I agree that they are different people now, but if it has been only 10 days I can see them lying for the sake of not letting a relationship go due to stressful circumstances.  

Especially since 11 days ago in Ben’s world, everything was totally normal and he was in a stable* committed marriage. Hell, he’s only known about Danny for what, a week, maybe? There’s no way he can be over the whiplash of finding out about Danny. For him, it’s got to feel like finding out his wife had a long-term affair...only he can’t be mad at anyone because that’s not the situation at all. Who can make that decision in just a week when kids—particularly sick kids—are involved?

*=one of the interesting things about Ben and Grace’s pre-828 relationship is that none of the references to the marriage being strained have come from Ben, I don’t believe. I think they’ve set up a dynamic where he was so focused on Cal’s medical issues, he didn’t realize how unhappy Grace had become.

Edited by stealinghome
  • Love 4
18 hours ago, Camera One said:

I can see how Olive could become close to Danny in 3 years, but to see him as her dad?  I guess it's possible since that was her formative years, but I feel badly for Ben.  The line Danny had that he could get over Grace but not Olive was a little awkwardly written.

I see lots of red flags that Danny cannot let the family reunite and have their time together without him texting her and coming over.  Grace made her choice and he should bow out for now.  If things don't work out then maybe in the future they can reunite.  Playing the Daddy card is pretty low and ridiculous for a teenager especially since they are kinda touchy feely anyway.  Yes I know Olive called him but he should have said "call your Dad".

Edited by Palomar
  • Useful 1
  • Love 4

I don't feel like we know Danny well enough yet.  He does seem to be portrayed as a genuine guy.  The main thing that struck me in his scenes with Grace is their appearance is similar... hair color and complexion.  I don't feel much chemistry beyond that thus far.  I didn't think his conversation with Olive about hating meatloaf was too endearing. 

Ben found a condom in the bedroom a few episode, so I guess Danny was using a condom when he came over.  It didn't seem like he was living at the house full-time yet.  From Ben's perspective, you would think he would want them both to get tested before they had sex?  

Edited by Camera One
  • Love 5

Michaela needs to darken her hair or lighten her eyebrows. I don't care which.  It's distracting.

I found it amusing that both Danny and Ben have told Grace its fine with them if she chooses the other guy in the last two episodes.

I don't think the support group is 828 survivor families.  I also think that is too bad.  It would give some balance to the passengers coming together to form a community.  It would be interesting to see the families discuss the challenges they are having with assimilating the missing back into their lives  and then slowly reveal that the returned are acting strange.

I'm starting to think that Cal is the voice in everyone's head and is subconsciously a conduit to whatever disappeared them for five years but so far it's only manifesting in picking up ways to help other passengers because he's picking up that they are troubled because they are all connected.

All the cases of the week are helping passengers or their families.  Even the kidnapped girls fits because it's connected through Michaela to Jared.

• Love 6
9 hours ago, HeySandyStrange said:

Honestly, I hope Ben and Grace hurry up and just break up. They seem like they’d be much better fits with Danny and the young doctor, respectively. Then Grace can fade into the background and the love triangle nonsense can stop taking up so much screen time. 

You and me both. I know we're only 10 days post-return (huge eye-roll to that one) but Ben and Grace are going nowhere and I actually enjoy watching Grace/Danny/Olive and Ben/Saanvi. I'd be perfectly fine if they pulled the plug on that relationship quickly, even if I had to handwave them deciding early on it isn't going to work. Whatever happens, I absolutely do NOT want to see Daniel Sunjata exit stage left. He's a great actor who brings some badly needed depth to this show.

• Love 2
19 hours ago, Camera One said:

I can see how Olive could become close to Danny in 3 years, but to see him as her dad?

I thought that was weird too. If she was 5 or 6 when she met Danny I could get it, but she was 12. That's old enough to have a bond without Danny without just seeing him as a dad.

I am generally liking Olive though. She pushed her mom to tell Ben about Danny, she kept Cal's stuff in storage, and she was trying to be the adult for her mom right after the crash.

8 hours ago, Amy Beth said:

That was my question too. Was this a random support group? A young widowed support group (that’s a thing)? Or a flight 828 group? Not clear to me.

Do they make support groups for planes that disappear/crash? It seems unlikely, but I really have no experience around it.  It seems more likely it was a general support group for people dealing with loss.

• Love 1
46 minutes ago, KaveDweller said:

Do they make support groups for planes that disappear/crash?

I don't know about that, but I'm sure Hallmark makes a card for it! ;)

Seriously, I'm trying to like this show, but the love triangle isn't something that I'm particularly interested in as a main focus.  I know it's important and all, but it's already getting too bogged down in the emotional turmoil of their personal lives.  YMMV. 

• Love 4
57 minutes ago, KaveDweller said:

Do they make support groups for planes that disappear/crash? It seems unlikely, but I really have no experience around it.  It seems more likely it was a general support group for people dealing with loss.

I would assume that the families probably formed Facebook groups and support groups  if enough lived in the same city.  But I think Grace was in a general support group.

• Love 2

I am generally liking Olive though. She pushed her mom to tell Ben about Danny, she kept Cal's stuff in storage, and she was trying to be the adult for her mom right after the crash.

Word. Right now the most compelling relationships on the show for me are Olive-Ben and the (Grace-)Olive-Danny family unit. They're pretty much the only ones ringing even remotely emotionally true.

• Love 2

I'd have been all over this show if didn't start out with the pre-programmed relationship melodrama already there, before the incident on the plane even occurred - and subsequent 5.5 year return.

I'd be quite interested in the mystery/mythology and dramatic bits in learning about what happened and/or the cause - as well as learning about some of the stuff that those 'left behind' went through in the lost time - but not at the expense of having to sit through a bunch of stuff that plays much better in daytime soaps.

Help me get lost in the story's events, how it happened/why it happened, and why the perpetrator(s) did it;  also how the survivors are coping and/or discovering what happened.  Also help me understand why the people who weren't on the plane are why & where they are now.  But don't strand me in the ceaseless melodramatic struggles of married people loving someone who's not their spouse, even if the situation allows for such in the overall scheme of things.

I'm here for the science fiction that is implied in the story, not the overused and tired TV tropes that burden almost every network show ever created.

• Love 10
14 hours ago, topanga said:

What I kept thinking during that chase scene was that the subway was way too clean. No garbage, no piles of human waste, and especially in the air shaft, no friggin rats

"Jeff?! This is SO not the right time!"

• Love 5
9 hours ago, DakotaLavender said:

Excellent post, CLEOCAESAR! And THAT is what makes this show ridiculous. Because the writers have not shown enough investigation into what happened and shifted gears to tell a story about the characters during the missing plane and after they returned, the show is a fail.

The focus should be a serious investigation into the time warp and theories of what may have happened, not the result or aftermath of that time warp with silly shadows and voices. 

Oh but they have one single NSA agent on the case.  An agency that has no agents even.  But that should be enough, right.

Maybe the main mystery going on is not about the magic plane but how the NSA was finally allowed to have one lone field agent.  And one that supersedes in authority anyone in the FBI, the FAA, military intelligence or any other agency under the umbrella of Homeland Security etc etc. 

I'm going with this "Vance" being some alien who has hypnotized the entire planet into believing the NSA has agents as step one for taking over planet earth.  And only Golden Child Cal stands in his way of succeeding since everyone else on the flight seems to be too busy involved in stupid soap opera triangles stuff.

Edited by green
  • Love 4
7 hours ago, green said:

I'm going with this "Vance" being some alien who has hypnotized the entire planet into believing the NSA has agents as step one for taking over planet earth.  And only Golden Child Cal stands in his way of succeeding since everyone else on the flight seems to be too busy involved in stupid soap opera triangles stuff.

Sounds about right. And in the next season (which will swiftly have its episode numbers cut so there will be no need for a real ending) Cal will wake up one morning, look down at his toes protruding out of the bottom of his blanket, and find himself in a 16-year-old {Star Child} body.

• Love 1
On 10/23/2018 at 1:40 PM, Anela said:

I don't like Grace meeting Danny at a support group. Ugh. It feels creepy. I also didn't like it happening at her first meeting, when she finally got up because of her little girl. She's finally smiling because of a new man. Of course her daughter was also smart enough to know that he wasn't just a friend. 

Lots of people meet up at support groups, especially 12-step support groups.  Because you are supposed to be honest and talk about your feelings and be real.  It happens.   But that was a grief group and I don't think we really know that it was Danny's wife who died.  

• Love 3

The entire world should be more freaked out about the whole thing.

Much of America would undoubtedly declare this a hoax; more fake news. 

If the NSA has police officers, why are so many people sure that they wouldn't have investigators as well?

• Love 1
11 minutes ago, mojito said:

If Malaysia Airlines flight 370 suddenly reappeared, I'd be glued to the internet looking for explanations.

• Love 17

Just cancelled this in the DVR not what I was looking for.  It's like Jerry Maguire all over again!!  Let me explain.  All the ads for Jerry Maguire gave the impression it was a sports movie but  actually its a relationship movie based around a sports agent.  

Manifest gives the impression it is a sci-fi show when actually its a relationship show where they use a sci-fi event to screwed up relationships.  I doubt they even have a clear idea of how the whole time loss happened chances are the show will be cancelled before they figure it out.

I think the writing is poor especially around the Stone family.  Somehow Olive is more connected to Danny after three years than her Father who helped give her life and raised her for 10 years!!!??? All they are doing is setting up the cycle of break up and reconciliation, DON'T CARE!  

So good bye all I had high hopes for this show.

• Love 8
On 10/23/2018 at 3:14 PM, eel2178 said:

Since Olive had said she saved their stuff because she always knew they'd be back, why would she have moved on from Ben so quickly and accepted Danny as her father?

EXACTLY!!

• Love 4
1 hour ago, meep.meep said:

Lots of people meet up at support groups, especially 12-step support groups.  Because you are supposed to be honest and talk about your feelings and be real.  It happens.   But that was a grief group and I don't think we really know that it was Danny's wife who died.  

It still bothers me, and it's the second show I've seen this season, where two people hooked up at a support group - only the guy was apparently known for trolling the group for women, as well as being there because he had cancer. 

It also bothers me that this little girl got to look after her mother for six months, and then when she finally gets up, she's smiling because of a new man. 

• Love 3

I started watching this weekend and just caught up, and I really feel for all the people in both love triangles. However, Michaela’s dad’s advice sucked.

I find the interactions interesting but the mystery of the plane is less compelling than how the individuals are dealing with the aftermath.

1 hour ago, eel2178 said:

If Malaysia Airlines flight 370 suddenly reappeared, I'd be glued to the internet looking for explanations.

You and me both. 

1 hour ago, GeoBda said:

Just cancelled this in the DVR not what I was looking for.  It's like Jerry Maguire all over again!!  Let me explain.  All the ads for Jerry Maguire gave the impression it was a sports movie but  actually its a relationship movie based around a sports agent.  

Manifest gives the impression it is a sci-fi show when actually its a relationship show where they use a sci-fi event to screwed up relationships.  I doubt they even have a clear idea of how the whole time loss happened chances are the show will be cancelled before they figure it out.

I think the writing is poor especially around the Stone family.  Somehow Olive is more connected to Danny after three years than her Father who helped give her life and raised her for 10 years!!!??? All they are doing is setting up the cycle of break up and reconciliation, DON'T CARE!  

So good bye all I had high hopes for this show.

I’m sorry the show didn’t do it for you. I know It’s not the best show in the world, but something keeps me coming back every week.

So far I’m still invested in this show but gave up on shows like Designated Survivor, Timeless, 9-1-1, and Lucifer when I tried to stick with them, but they failed to hold my interest. So I understand  completely. 

• Love 4

Add my voice to the choir of "How/why is Olive so bonded with Danny?" And "Why is Grace spending so much time lying to Ben?"

I have no doubt that Ben and Grace are not going to make it.  I don't think Danny is supposed to be anything other than a good guy who ten??? days ago had a family.  I think he's supposed to be a good guy who truly bonded/loved his someday, hoped for step daughter.  Still not buying that step daughter picks him over actual Daddy for anything, but whatever.

So I expect Ben and Grace to break up.  Unfortunately I think it's going to be a while because they have to bring Grace and Danny into the "mystery" to keep them in the show after the breakup.  That's what's going to annoy me.  I'm already fast forwarding though much of their stuff because it's tiresome.

• Love 5

In an interview, the showrunner said he intentionally set up a blameless situation, and now we've seen both sides of the situation, in terms of Ben, Grace, Danny, Olive, Michaela, Jared and Loudres.

It is an interesting choice to set up the same basic situation twice, with the two triangles.  You would think a show would want some variety. 

10 days in, Ben and Michaela would still be buying basic supplies and clothes that they realize they need.  I guess they could still be living out of their suitcase.  Now that Michaela has a steady job again, she can pay them rent, which should help with their "dire" financial situation.  Until he gets a job, why doesn't Ben just work at Grace's business and they can reduce expenses there?  

Edited by Camera One
  • Love 6
23 hours ago, BitterApple said:

You and me both. I know we're only 10 days post-return (huge eye-roll to that one) but Ben and Grace are going nowhere and I actually enjoy watching Grace/Danny/Olive and Ben/Saanvi. I'd be perfectly fine if they pulled the plug on that relationship quickly, even if I had to handwave them deciding early on it isn't going to work. Whatever happens, I absolutely do NOT want to see Daniel Sunjata exit stage left. He's a great actor who brings some badly needed depth to this show.

Maybe I am heartless but I had no sympathy during the Grace flashbacks. She was looking for a way out and is now guilty. Maybe they can let she and Danny get together and they can remain off screen. 

Olive’s conviction that her dad and brother were alive makes her supposed bonding with Danny make no sense. They haven’t figured out a way to integrate her into the story more than as an irritant. Either she has a connection with her magical twin or she is a brooding bitch. Pick one and go with it because they aren’t good enough to write complex.

• Love 5
24 minutes ago, shapeshifter said:

Good point. Too bad the writers haven't thought of it.

I wanted to say "Does this show have writers at all, and if it has, do they plagiarize every entry level script for daytime soaps?", but that'd be too mean, lol. Or too insulting to the daytime soaps' writers.

• Love 4
6 hours ago, shapeshifter said:

Good point. Too bad the writers haven't thought of it.

And by "writers", it's actually one guy with a Cable ACE writing award in his pocket and half a dozen interns who were all hired because their dads work at NBC (and are basically immune from being fired).

• Love 1
12 hours ago, mojito said:

If the NSA has police officers, why are so many people sure that they wouldn't have investigators as well?

I don't think they have either. The NSA is mostly internet and communications monitoring. These guys have no power of arrest.

Also, why doesn't Ben go to his old employer? or at least why don't we see Ben go back to his old employer?

• Love 2
11 hours ago, staphdude said:

Maybe I am heartless but I had no sympathy during the Grace flashbacks. She was looking for a way out and is now guilty.

Get out of what? Her loneliness? If she thought her husband was dead, I think it’s fine that she started dating after two years. Widows and Widowers often start dating much sooner than this. 

Yes, she does feel guilty, but I don’t think she should. She didn’t cheat on Ben. She thought he was dead. Same situation as Jared. 

• Love 7
16 hours ago, mojito said:

The NSA does NOT have police officers.  They monitor "traffic" and collect zillions of pieces of data in the form of emails, phone calls and chat room and game chat stuff using some of the most advanced computers on earth and code breaking software.  They use algorithms to sort through the stuff looking for needles in the mega-hay stacks.  They have no "police officers" or field agents.  They are cyber nerd desk jockey analysts and mathematicians and super hacker grade programmers.

15 hours ago, GeoBda said:

Just cancelled this in the DVR not what I was looking for.

I'm just watching because it is so bad it is fun to snark on here.  So are a number of other people posting in this thread.  Sometimes bad is fun.

Edited by green
  • Love 3

I wish that the Micheala, Jared, Lourdes storyline could be spun off into its own series.  That way I could watch this show and not have to wade through that.

Nothing about it is interesting to me...I think a big part is that the actors are all so flat, especially the one who plays Michaela.  She has one expression, one vocal tone, one posture...occasionally she may scrunch up her face, but that's about it.

As far as the rest, I'm still entertained, but hoping that it will be more compelling and display some internal logic as the season goes on.

• Love 1
4 hours ago, Hannah Lee said:

Nothing about [the Micheala, Jared, Lourdes storyline] is interesting to me...I think a big part is that the actors are all so flat ...

I really think that's what kills it. There is not a drop of charisma between the 3 of them. The story is already one that is hard to do and on top of that it's competing with another almost identical story in Ben/Grace/Danny so it already has not a lot going for it, but the acting just ruins anything potentially interesting about it.

• Love 5

I liked the flashback, it was nice to see what was happening with the survivors.

I know the only parts of Grace and Ben's relationship we've seen so far has been how they've been preoccupied with Cal's health and then the awkwardness with his return (and her relentless lying) so it might be hard to judge, but I am getting the feeling  Grace actually would prefer Danny.  And that would fee up  Ben for Saanvi.

Not sure I'd recognize Ben as one of the notorious 828 passengers if I were on the subway, he just has one of those faces that doesn't exactly jump out at you.  He looks like a lot of guys.

I'd be interested in the Michaela/Jared/Lourdes sitch if the three actors had even a speck of charisma.  They are all so wooden.  I'd feel bad for Lourdes if I could bring myself to care because it is obvious Jared just doesn't love her.  And Michaela's great love for Jared doesn't feel any more convincing either.

I agree her father's advice was the worst.  Also that was a big ass pizza just for two people.

• Love 5
13 hours ago, topanga said:

Get out of what? Her loneliness? If she thought her husband was dead, I think it’s fine that she started dating after two years. Widows and Widowers often start dating much sooner than this. 

Yes, she does feel guilty, but I don’t think she should. She didn’t cheat on Ben. She thought he was dead. Same situation as Jared. 

I just don't like the character and find her unsympathetic. Don't really like Jared either for that matter. 

• Love 1

Maybe Michaela's encounters are so awkward because she keeps putting herself in awkward situations.  What made her think it was a good idea to ask Loudres to convince Jared not to go to bat for her?  Even if she thought Jared told Loudres, it's still incredibly awkward to talk about how her husband is risking the job that he deeply loves for the sake of his ex-fiancé.  

Jared was having dinner with Loudres the night that Michaela was coming back from the trip.  Did he grow up with the girls so they're all mutual friends?  

The NSA guy is treating the Flight 828 passengers like they're all criminals.  Wouldn't you catch more flies with honey?  He has resources to keep tabs on all of them, so why not do that.  Encouraging them to go to the NSA for help might get them more information than his ultra-aggressive approach.  

If Jared cares about Michaela so much, why doesn't he tell her the Vance guy is super suspicious of her to the point of blackmailing him and they can come up with a way to deal with it?  She feels bad about getting him fired, so it's the perfect opportunity to guilt her into telling him the truth about what's going on with her.  I hope they don't drag this out for too long, because it's getting annoying.

Edited by Camera One
  • Love 4

I feel like this show keeps pointing out Olive and Cal's extra special twin relationship. I have two thoughts on that.

1. Why haven't we really seen them try to bond over the past 10 days?

2. Are they planning to later use that relationship to bridge Olive into the mystery?

• Love 7
On 10/23/2018 at 7:14 AM, icemiser69 said:

I thought that was creepy as hell.  It makes me wonder if something is going on between Danny and Olive.  Just gross.

Another episode where it is nothing but angst until the last few seconds where something actually happens.  In this case, the creepy kid looking out the window and sees whatever it is that is glowing.

This episode was proof one why Ben won't easily get hired.  He would be a huge distraction wherever he gets a job.  That is, if he gets a job.

Can TPTB please move the plots along a little faster?  I am getting bored.

That was me watching this ep.  I was bored and that made the bad acting intolerable.  I have been waiting for it to get better acting wise because the story was compelling but I stopped because I was super bored with this one and decided I might not care anymore what happens to the story.  I will probably watch a few more episodes when nothing else is on but this show had so much more potential than I am seeing.  

• Love 2

I agree her father's advice was the worst.  Also that was a big ass pizza just for two people.

I kept wondering why it was Michaela is living with four other people at her brother's when her father apparently has a huge mostly empty home.  And yeah, his advice was terrible.      

I can see how Olive could become close to Danny in 3 years, but to see him as her dad?  I guess it's possible since that was her formative years, but I feel badly for Ben.  The line Danny had that he could get over Grace but not Olive was a little awkwardly written.

That line was so awkward and it made it seem more like Danny was dating Olive than serving as a surrogate father. 

Edited by txhorns79
  • Love 3
10 minutes ago, txhorns79 said:

kept wondering why it was Michaela is living with four other people at her brother's when her father apparently has a huge mostly empty home.  And yeah, his advice was terrible.      

Those two things explain each other, but the show managed to befuddle it.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, txhorns79 said:

I kept wondering why it was Michaela is living with four other people at her brother's when her father apparently has a huge mostly empty home.

Do we know where he lives? Looked to be somewhat suburban or even a bit rural, from what I remember.  NYPD has restrictions on where their officers can live - in the city proper (5 boroughs), adjoining counties, and counties adjoining those.  As an example, if she didn't live in NYC, she could live in Nassau County (Long Island) with shares a border with the borough of Queens, or she could live in Suffolk County, on eastern Long Island, and which shares a border with Nassau - there are 6 counties outside of NYC where an officer can live.  Her father may also live in New Jersey or Connecticut, and NYPD officers may not live out of state.

• Love 1

I took a closer look at Ben's conspiracy wall.  How did Ben get a hold of the mugshot of the stowaway guy?  Every passenger picture had the same white background.  Where did those photos come from?  How did he get everyone's seat number on the plane?  When they were being questioned after the plane blew up, Ben was standoffish and just wanted to get out of there.  If they wanted him to look into the mystery, they should have had Ben be more friendly to everyone, so it would be believable he got everyone's phone numbers and information.

I love the random yellow string.  He had yellow strings connecting people to their seat on the plane, but his own picture wasn't connected.  The stowaway's yellow string was pinned to his seat for some unknown reason.

During the musical montage, Grace and Olive were sitting on the bed staring at a photo of them playing cards with Danny, which didn't seem natural at all.  Individually looking at photos of Danny might have been more realistic.   Grace saw how devastated Olive looked when Danny had to leave since daddio and brother had come back, but she thought Olive wanted her to make a clean break with Danny and only realized in this episode that's not what Olive wanted?  Just because it was a "twist" for the audience doesn't mean it should have been a twist for the character.

Edited by Camera One
  • Love 2