Type keyword(s) to search

S13.E13: Heat Waves and Hot Flashes

• Start Topic

21 hours ago, ButterQueen said:

David has been acting like a sociopath.  I cannot believe his new girlfriend/fiancée does not see the red flags.

I'm guessing she's the type to think it was all Shannon's fault. David won't ever act that way with HER. *rolls eyes*

• Love 14
On 10/15/2018 at 11:23 PM, hisbunkie said:

In no way am I suggesting that anyone deserves to be cheated on.  Having said that, I can understand David’ need to leave that marriage. Shannon has always come across, to me, as a very unhappy person who cannot be pleased.  I could not live with someone like that. It would drive me insane and into a deep depressive hole.   Bless her little heart. 

I understand too.  She's always seemed very demanding, and quick to blame the other person.  I completely agree that she can't be pleased.

And the way she gets so loud when she's excited, angry, or upset!  Too much screaming for too little reason.  It's unnerving.  Despite some moments of comic relief in earlier seasons, I find her to be pretty unpleasant and judgmental.   (I also wish she would realize that her daughters are already painfully aware of how she feels about their father, and there's no need to continually share details and say nasty things about him on national television.)

On 10/17/2018 at 9:57 AM, MatildaMoody said:

Not me! If I were going through a divorce whether amicable or not, the LAST people I would want advice from would be this group of bitter harpies. There is nothing they could say that would help the situation. Plus, they weren't offering advice, they were projecting their own experience onto hers and trying to badger her into fitting what their experience of divorce was. Plus, all of that judgmental pearl-clutching because she is an Atheist (seriously "moral compass")? Nope! There would be absolutely nothing helpful they could share and they definitely wouldn't be able to act as any type of support system because they are too narcissistic to see past their own experiences.

I agree.

I'm on Gina's side here.  I had a very amicable divorce, similar in many ways to what we know about Gina's.  We agreed to co-parent amicably, we stayed friends, and to this day (more than 20 years later), everything is just fine.  I wouldn't have appreciated a bunch of women I barely knew telling me that I was certainly headed for heartbreak and problems, that divorces are ALWAYS awful, that they know my situation (and my husband) better than I do.  Every divorce is different.  All people are not alike, and the dynamics can vary greatly.  You're 100% right - They couldn't see past their own experiences.  It reminded me of a bunch of old biddies sharing their childbirth horror stories with a newly-pregnant girl.  Helpful advice is one thing.  But predicting gloom & doom based on their own divorces is not helpful.   (And all the judgment because she's an atheist was ridiculous.  They carried on as though being an atheist is unheard of, and she was some kind of freak.)

• Love 10
On 10/19/2018 at 1:49 PM, VedaPierce said:

I live and work in Long Island and am surrounded by Long Island people all day long and nobody I know talks that way...I think she’s affected. She ramps that accent up. It’s her schtick. 

I'm a Long Island girl too, and I agree.

• Love 5
On 10/19/2018 at 8:39 AM, MatildaMoody said:

Based on the horribly abusive texts that David has been sending Shannon, I don't think there is any reason to assume that she is exaggerating just how contentious this divorce is. I mean she was so afraid of his rage that she had the judge lower the amount of the support payments he was ordered to pay.

On 10/19/2018 at 8:53 AM, ghoulina said:

Yes, haven't there been reports of him flipping out and yelling at her (and her lawyer) in court? 

I think David is just better at controlling his emotions on camera than Shannon was. But it's quite possible those teenage girls decided all on their own that they're not interested in seeing him right now. 

I haven't heard of the texts.  As far as the court dealings, there are discrepancies on the two's earning, and David is seeking to lower the stipulated 22.5k/mo, and he was able to get her gross Bravo salary revealed as $504,000 which is up from 2017.

It is Shannon allegedly (recently) who is yelling at David in the hallways.  To note, if she wanted max spousal support she should have quit rhoc back before filming.  But she did not.

from the recent hearing, 10/2018 (I believe it was 10/15):

https://realityblurb.com/2018/10/16/shannon-beador-loses-it-on-ex-david-beador-in-court-calls-him-a-nickel-and-dimer-during-support-hearing-as-her-rhoc-salary-is-revealed/

https://radaronline.com/exclusives/2018/10/rhoc-shannon-beador-screams-estranged-husband-david-beador-divorce-court/

headline:

So Cheap! ‘RHOC’ Shannon Beador Screams At Estranged Hubby In Divorce Court

‘You’re such a nickel and dimer! It’s disgusting,’ she yells at David.

• Love 2
20 hours ago, yourmomiseasy said:

14 hours ago, sasha206 said:

Holy crap, what a fucking asshole he is.

I agree these do not look good in isolation, and are not what I would have sent, but I will give him some more leeway for the second one; there could be several dozen texts leading up to this and we don't know her part in it.  Consider he may be paying her 22.5k/mo and maybe she can't get the kids to their tutor on time because she overslept and we see that second txt.

The first one is pretty indefensible.  Maybe he is playing some chess, where 1) This will rile her up and cause her to make mistakes and 2) she may have been seeking some kind of reconciliation and he is trying to show her that isn't happening. 

Edit:

when Jeff Lewis read those two texts, Shannon said those were months ago, and he hadn't sent any nasty ones since.

Edited by MajorNelson
  • Love 2
13 hours ago, DebbieM4 said:

I'm on Gina's side here.  I had a very amicable divorce, similar in many ways to what we know about Gina's.  We agreed to co-parent amicably, we stayed friends, and to this day (more than 20 years later), everything is just fine.  I wouldn't have appreciated a bunch of women I barely knew telling me that I was certainly headed for heartbreak and problems, that divorces are ALWAYS awful, that they know my situation (and my husband) better than I do.  Every divorce is different.  All people are not alike, and the dynamics can vary greatly.  You're 100% right - They couldn't see past their own experiences.  It reminded me of a bunch of old biddies sharing their childbirth horror stories with a newly-pregnant girl.  Helpful advice is one thing.  But predicting gloom & doom based on their own divorces is not helpful.   (And all the judgment because she's an atheist was ridiculous.  They carried on as though being an atheist is unheard of, and she was some kind of freak.)

I certainly don't want to probe into your private life too much, but...would you feel comfortable sharing the circumstances that led you to decide to divorce? I think a lot of everyone's problem--the ladies and the viewers--is that Gina's divorcing for seemingly no reason. I don't know any personal divorce horror stories, nor am I devoutly religious, and I still find the whole thing jarring and sad (with a dose of selfishness for good measure). 

Gina never said she was an atheist, did she? (And I'm not saying you said she said it; I am just saying I have seen the words "Gina" and "atheist" all over these boards) What I heard from Gina was, "I don't even know if I believe in Gawd," which would make her perhaps an agnostic, but certainly not an atheist. 

However, going back to the quoted post, Gina is a free person. She can just say, "I don't discuss [politics, religion, sports, whatever] at the table," and then, if they continue to pursue the topic with her, they're the assholes. I think it is just as valid for people to question one's "atheism" the way it has become fashionable to question one's Christianity. Gina, having admitted to having watched the show in the past, should know, at the least, that Shannon, Vicki and Tamra are all Christians. (And she knows Emily married someone who thinks they're going to go to their own planet after they die). Yet she still put that info out there at a dinner party. Maybe...Gina, know thy audience?

It's why I don't discuss my politics at holiday dinners. I don't feel like educating the relatives all night. If I were to open up and say "I hate government policy x" in a room full of "policy x" supporters, they're all going to come for me. And if I'm not ready for the onslaught, that's my problem. Now...if I wanted a paycheck and wanted to keep y'all's attention? I would totally make provocative statements and wait for the melee to ensue. So it's all about what's motivating us. 

• Love 7
On 10/21/2018 at 1:43 AM, MajorNelson said:

I agree these do not look good in isolation, and are not what I would have sent, but I will give him some more leeway for the second one; there could be several dozen texts leading up to this and we don't know her part in it.  Consider he may be paying her 22.5k/mo and maybe she can't get the kids to their tutor on time because she overslept and we see that second txt.

The first one is pretty indefensible.  Maybe he is playing some chess, where 1) This will rile her up and cause her to make mistakes and 2) she may have been seeking some kind of reconciliation and he is trying to show her that isn't happening. 

Edit:

when Jeff Lewis read those two texts, Shannon said those were months ago, and he hadn't sent any nasty ones since.

Obviously, they're nasty texts, but as you point out we don't know the other side of them.  It takes two to tango.  I think David was really frustrated living with Shannon and completely fed up.  They wanted very different things, but Shannon didn't want to give up on the marriage.  Feeling like you're trapped in a marriage can bring out the worst in someone.  

Also, are we really supposed to believe that Shannon accidentally sent those texts to Jeff Lewis??  PUH LEEESE!!!!  That was completely calculated for Shannon to sit back and play the victim while her attack dogs wen't after David.  She's such a passive aggressive princess.  We've seen her little digs at David over the girls' clothing and Sophie knocking the mirror off the car.  She's definitely playing those girls between her and David.  Both of them need to start thinking about their kids and stop being such narcissistic asses.  Sneaking out at 9 years old??  Taking and damaging daddy's Porsche??  Those girls are headed down a bad road and their parents seem too stupid and self absorbed to do anything about it.  

• Love 4
On 10/17/2018 at 5:17 PM, KungFuBunny said:

When Tamra went into the water she have known that her top was off (I think she pulled it up on purpose). If she knew there was no reason to not adjust it and put it back in place - Tamra is a camera whore so she sprang up like a buoy. She also made sure the top stayed up so the camera crew could get more boobage on film.

Looking at the photo - it looks like Tamra never got the corrective surgery to "create" a belly button.

The blurred out boobs give the impression that her nipples have mysteriously disappeared.  Gone with the wind like her belly button. 

• Love 10
2 hours ago, Normades said:

Also, are we really supposed to believe that Shannon accidentally sent those texts to Jeff Lewis??  PUH LEEESE!!!!  That was completely calculated for Shannon to sit back and play the victim while her attack dogs wen't after David.  She's such a passive aggressive princess.  We've seen her little digs at David over the girls' clothing and Sophie knocking the mirror off the car.  She's definitely playing those girls between her and David.  Both of them need to start thinking about their kids and stop being such narcissistic asses.  Sneaking out at 9 years old??  Taking and damaging daddy's Porsche??  Those girls are headed down a bad road and their parents seem too stupid and self absorbed to do anything about it.  

Might they be screwed up?.......hmm.   Other people could probably do this better than me, but.....

From David, they learn that life is about ME, to appear reasonable at times, but act out at other time (ie falsity), and fidelity is not important.  Then from Shannon they learn passive aggressiveness, self-absorption, and yet a lack of self-identity (that always calling Tamra stuff).  It seems they truly will need a miracle to get cleaned up.  Note, from what we saw of the girls on tv, I can't see yet the impact.  But $5050/mo for tutoring....they aren't probably being normal kids attending schools, so they have had special treatment along the way.

Edited by MajorNelson
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, RedheadZombie said:

The blurred out boobs give the impression that her nipples have mysteriously disappeared.  Gone with the wind like her belly button. 

1 hour ago, Reality police said:

She looks like a demented blow up doll.

That's kinda funny, but my comment stops there!

So I went to the instagram account, and Bravo_snark has the video too, up to where she FIRST emerges from the water...

https://www.instagram.com/p/BpDstgaFXSY/?taken-by=bravo_snark

• Love 3
On 10/21/2018 at 12:43 AM, DebbieM4 said:

I understand too.  She's always seemed very demanding, and quick to blame the other person.  I completely agree that she can't be pleased.

And the way she gets so loud when she's excited, angry, or upset!  Too much screaming for too little reason.  It's unnerving.  Despite some moments of comic relief in earlier seasons, I find her to be pretty unpleasant and judgmental.   (I also wish she would realize that her daughters are already painfully aware of how she feels about their father, and there's no need to continually share details and say nasty things about him on national television.)

I agree.

I hear what you are saying, but she has been trying to sell the "it's amicable" stuff so hard, she sounds like a very naive person who did not know that she would be entitled to more than child support.  And a guy who sets up an apartment to live elsewhere while his wife and kids are somewhere else prior to the divorce doesn't really sound like some great guy who wouldn't screw you over.    I feel like Gina was very smug in her "everything is wonderful, we love each other, have sex, are best of friends..." to everyone else that didn't have an easy time through divorce.  And given that she was in the beginning of the process itself, I didn't think anything they said was that awful.  They were warning her of what she needs to do and it was in response to her Pollyanna'ness that they ramped it up.  The atheist thing I agree was all bullshit.

• Love 7
7 hours ago, RedheadZombie said:

Looks to me like she’s wearing a flesh colored bra if you look closely to hold those boozoikers up.

• Love 2

We don’t know both sides of the story between Shannon and David, only hers.  Let’s be fair here.  She doesn’t look like she was easy to live with with all her quirks.  She’s a nice person, but we don’t know their relationship.  A guy doesn’t leave for no reason.  She made all the rules in the house it looks like and everyone abided by them. This is stupid, but if my husband got home from work at 3:30 in the afternoon and was starving, I’d give him dinner.  A little goes a long way.  Maybe she wanted to eat those low calorie dinners every night “as a family”.  Well, you see where that got her.  Like he said, he wanted to enjoy the rest of his life, but not with a Boss who had to have her way all the time, looks like. It wasn’t only the dinners, but a lot of things that probably built up.  I don’t know David, but from what I see of Shannon, she looks like she could be a real pain in the ass, and I do like her.  If anyone knows his story, please let me know.  I’m fair.   P.s.  She met that nice guy for dinner and was finished when he tested up talking about his breakup.  WTF was that?  What’s wrong that he confessed his emotions?  Too sensitive, not sensitive enough?  What does this woman want?    I meant “teared up” not tested up, damn no auto correct.

• Love 5
On 10/21/2018 at 12:59 AM, DebbieM4 said:

I'm a Long Island girl too, and I agree.

Me three.  I hope I don’t talk like that.  I don’t even know what “vocal fry” means.  I’ll have to ask my grandkids.  I do know tho, that when we go out of town and talk, they know we are from New York.  How ya doin?  We’ll have some cawfee.

• Love 3
18 hours ago, RedheadZombie said:

OMG those are terrible! Didn't she those removed?

• Love 1
On 10/20/2018 at 1:54 PM, sasha206 said:

Agreed on all.  Love Shannon.  I think she, and her negativity and sarcasm, would be fun to be around.  And yes, that hair, yikes.  At least it isn't yellow.  But it she could use it toned down a little and would love to cut some length off it.  Is there no one in Orange County that will actually wear there hair in a cute, flattering bob?

Heather was the only one with flattering hair.  Say what you will about The Dubrow, but she had class and style. 

• Love 6
On 10/19/2018 at 12:49 PM, VedaPierce said:

I live and work in Long Island and am surrounded by Long Island people all day long and nobody I know talks that way...I think she’s affected. She ramps that accent up. It’s her schtick. 

Agreed. Her parents did not have the accent. 

• Love 3