Type keyword(s) to search

S13.E13: Heat Waves and Hot Flashes

• Start Topic

Maybe Shannon should buy instead of renting. Possibly she was waiting for the divorce to become final. That's the problem with renting a house, you never know if the landlord is going to pull the plug and give you notice to move when you lease is close to expiring. Aside from the $30,000 a month support, I'm sure Shannon also received a big, fat lump sum settlement. These are very wealthy people we are talking about. #richpeopleproblems

• Love 18
1 hour ago, dosodog said:

I'm Shannon's size currently and I have no fear about being in a bathing suit in public because

• I have the cutest swimdress 
  • The 1st time I went on a cruise, I was fatter than I am now and behaving like Shannon.  Until I saw the 300 pound woman in a bikini.  And I thought, Yeah, stop being stupid.  So I did.

Also, calling people Debbie Downer generally doesn't improve things.  Particularly when you are ACTUALLY saying it out loud in a jr. high school kind of way.

I get Shannon.  I'd ignore them also.  You have attributed abuse allegations, you force yourself on her when you have been told, repeatedly that she's slow to warm up to people and every time your together, you bitch about her.

If they do finally become friends with Shannon, just what in the hell are they going to talk about?

You are so right.  What do these young girls have in common with Vikie, Tamra and Shannon?  Totally different conversations altogether.  I don’t know what the hell Vikie is doing there with them already.  Nothing whatsoever nothing in common.  Kelly could hang with the young ones, but not the old bag Vikie.  BTW, who is the cutie in your  picture?  Looks like a model for something on a t.v. Commercial.

• Love 1
13 hours ago, ivygirl said:

Saw those butlers and thought... Hey I have a great idea! Vicki gets into a golf cart accident without Coto Car Insurance and is assigned to be Tamra’s butler!

This is gold,  Jerry! Gold!

Had to be said.  

• Love 13

I love Brian Moylan's recaps of this show, but I have to say that his most recent one really nailed Shannon. With lines like:

She is just a Koosh ball made out of negative energy, regret, and obstinacy.

And

That should be Shannon’s drag name: Enthusiastic No. That is what she says to life every day when she wakes up. She could roll with the punches and say yes to things. “Oh, they sold the house I’m renting. Maybe I’ll find a better one. Yes!” Instead it’s, “My daughters are going to hate me and there will never be a house they’re comfortable in again. No.” It could be, “Swimming in a dirty river might be a little bit crazy but it will take me out of my comfort zone and show my fun side. Yes!” Instead it’s, “I’m going to get Zika virus and I’m hot and I don’t want to be here and everyone drives me crazy. Let’s go sit in the van. No.”

Ah Shannon and her constant negative thoughts, don't ever change.

Edited by MatildaMoody
  • Love 14
12 hours ago, enchantingmonkey said:

Yes, they shoot the reunion close to the end of the season airing.  

I think Shannon said on twitter the other day that they were shooting the reunion.

(From the twitter war above)

OH SNAP!  This exchange actually makes me kind of like Emily!

What started the fight???

10 hours ago, KLJ said:

Oh and forgot to mention, I'm a big wuss and could never stay in a room without air conditioning. Who knows,  I might be early pre-menopausal but I am always freaking hot. I can't have the thermostat above 64-67 degrees in the house all year round.  Although I do dial it to 68-70 in the summer cuz it gets expensive.  But the women handled it better than I would have, I  probably would have slept in the van. Just watching them made ME hot.

I have moved rooms AND hotels because of air conditioning issues.  If there is no air, I will NOT stay there. 

The butlers were not exactly reassuring them, "well there is not air now... but there will be..."  Yeah no the air was broken and that is BS!

ETA - because I cannot say it enough - I fucking hate Tamra, she is CRAP!  She is an asshole and I have no idea why anyone would still be friends with her after seeing the way she talks shit about people behind their backs!  I want them to fire her so bad.

Edited by heatherchandler
  • Love 20

I was wondering if something went down between Tamra and Emily. I recently saw where Tamra was saying that Gina was a much better fit than Emily was and she didn't see Emily lasting very long. I can't remember if it was on WWHL or something else. But, at the time, I remember thinking, Emily must have called Tamra out on her bullshit for Tamra to say that.

• Love 6
13 hours ago, Bronzedog said:

Tamra is a wife, mother and grandmother.  She really needs to stop the topless shit.

Speaking of shit, Vicki pees all over herself regularly, but, is upset Shannon is going to fart?  At least they were outside.

I mean really.  Who talks like they do?  Nobody I know.  They are trying to convince themselves that they still “have it”.  Underneath, they know the new young ones have it and are jealous.  Icky is done.  Nothing attractive about her.  Tamra also.  She looks hard and has a mileage look to her, and those boobs aren’t doing her no favors.  The only thing those two are good for is you know what.  Icky wanting sex four times a day is in her dreams.  Steve will never marry her, and Eddie is beginning to see the real Tamra when the going got tough.  Time to hit the road girls.  You both had your day in the sun.

• Love 7

So Tamra spends the whole episode complaining that Shannon is a Debbie Downer. Meanwhile Shannon spends the whole episode laughing and having fun. Who is the Debbie Downer? 

^ This. At this point I think they should scrap this franchise or at least give a long rest. Vickie and Tamra are completely unlikable at this point. We just know too much about them and their bad behavior.  If Gina and Emily's story lines are that Shannon isn't nice to them, well then, ZZZZZZZZZ.  

• Love 13

I really like Emily the most out of all of them.  She has class, is agreeable, laughs at herself and has a nice disposition.  She’s not a drama Queen and a whiner.  Some may not think so but I think Emily and Shane really love each other.  That’s all.

• Love 14

If one of the newbies has to go, I hope it's Gina.  She always seems like she's over-acting for the camera.  And like so many others have mentioned, Kelly has become my fav.  She has fun, goes with the flow... and is outspoken but it's not vindictive outspoken.  It pops into her head so she says it out loud.  I wouldn't want to cross her, but at least I'd always know where I stood with her.

I think the AC is a set up for drama.  An expensive hotel like that would have it fixed in a jiffy.  Vicki's melting face was so funny.

• Love 9
13 hours ago, Martinigirl said:

I have a sneaky suspicion Tamara told Shannon something the girls said about her and Tamara probably told the girls something Shannon said about them. I think there's more to their rocky start. Tamara is jealous IMHO

I don't think Tamra likes that Shannon is getting along with both Vicki and Kelly. I definitely think you are on to something in regards to Gina/Emily - they are Tamra's friends and she is feeding them info to take Shannon down,

Why should Shannon be concerned with Eddie's health issues when Tamra leaves him in the dust every chance she gets?

Ryan gives me the heebie jeebies - why was he randomly sitting at Tamra's listening to her conversation with Shannon.

• Love 23
13 hours ago, bagger said:

Why would they expect Shannon to share a room with the two people she knows the least? I dont blame her.

Thoae poor butlers. Everytime I see these broads check in to any hotel it makes me happy not to be in the hotel industry anymore. 

Did I hear Gina say that Matt is going to pay only Child Support? Man he’s a smart guy, keep it all friendly get your way, get a good deal out of it and you’re out. It will serve her right to just come out of this with just child support for not listening to people who have some experience in all of this.

I heard that too. I think this was planned long before Gina sent in her audition tape for RH. This was planned before he physically moved to LA.

Gina is an idiot - if Matt only pays child support - no more Ms Lupe and no more stiletto nails. I'd like to know how much they owe on that house.

• Love 8

I was laughing at the last minute conversation that Vicki had with her office manager before she left on vacation. The lady was shading her and Vicki wanted to probably react differently but knew she was on camera so she didn’t. 

• Love 16
14 hours ago, Bronzedog said:

I thought Vicki was always at work.  How does she have time for sex 4 times a day?  She really has the waddling down pat.

And she said coming off the raft, she thought her bottom had more padding, hmmm........

Edited by MajorNelson
14 hours ago, UsernameFatigue said:

So Tamra spends the whole episode complaining that Shannon is a Debbie Downer. Meanwhile Shannon spends the whole episode laughing and having fun. Who is the Debbie Downer? And Tamra was definitely jealous that Shannon and Vicki were sharing the raft. How dare Shannon make a move without her. I also loved (NOT!) Tamra's reply at the first of the episode when Shannon was talking about not knowing what to pack and being concerned about her weight. Good friend Tamra's reply? "Stop eating". What a friggin' bitch. 

Shannon has definitely secured her orange for next season, as without her to bitch about Tamra, Gina and Emily have no story line. I laughed out loud when Emily complained that Shannon just won't warm up to her. Lets see, Shannon doesn't go on the rope swing into the water because she doesn't want to. (I'm with Shannon - you could not pay me enough to swim in that mud bath). So Emily's idea of a conversation was to say that she wanted to see Shannon jump in the water? Something that if Shannon had wanted to do, she already would have. And then she doesn't understand why Shannon says no, and doesn't continue the conversation? For a lawyer, Emily doesn't seem all that bright.

Speaking of not all that bright, if Gina was counting on a second season of RHoOC for an income, she may want to rethink not asking Matt for alimony. I just don't see her returning. What has she brought to the show of any interest? Nothing, as far as I can see. 

Pretty much ITA.

But "So Tamra spends the whole episode complaining that Shannon is a Debbie Downer." ...well she was the topic dujour for the newbie ladies.

But, Tamra does seem to be building a head of steam, and perhaps DOES explode (at Shannon)...we'll see!

4 hours ago, lamujerdecente said:

Shannon and Vicki showed how these manufactured trips ain’t working. The others are doing the activities and those two are waddling around drinking. Change this show Bravo or some of these broads will be in the poor house. I don’t see this show lasting with this format. I’m here for Kelly and I feel dirty saying that. 

Emily is built! She looks good. So does Miss Kelly. 

Good point on this trip - sheesh.

Lot of bods in bikini's and Emily was alright.  VG getting in the mineral pool, omg no!!!!!!

So let me get this straight.  Gina and her soon-to-be ex will separately float in and out of "their" current home where the kids will be living 100% of the time, get another home for the parent not currently living with the kids to stay in PLUS keep the bachelor pad her STBE is already spending his time in?  He must have a boatload of money.  

• Love 9

That was the most boring thing EVER. Nothing to say, nothing to add more than B.O.R.I.N.G....

Vicky : it's hot
Kelly : I've got a rash
Gina & Emily : Shannon... shannon... shannon... ad lib

BORING

Edited by Diane Mars
  • Love 11
15 hours ago, DBAAT said:

These women should live in the south for the summer!!! A temp of 87 degrees with 99 % humidity is nothing. Shannon is a total PITA!!! I can see why her husband left her.

She is so negative and dramatic.

They live in Southern California...relatively very low humidity most of the year and ocean breezes if you live near the beach. Living in Virginia, I can attest to life in heat and humidity...it sucks.

• Love 7

Shannon is an acquired taste...it takes time to get to know her and her quirkiness. But I must say, this season feels different with her. There is always drama with her and meltdowns in public places at people but this season there is a noticeable depression with her. She really needs to get into therapy...and maybe even take some Prozac. She should dump all her holistic crap and Dr. Moon and get real help dealing with all these life changes. As for the way she treats the new "girls"...well, Gina got off to the wrong start with her and Shannon is not the type to let that go anytime soon...remember how she was with Megan? The only way it might get resolved is for Gina to be the one to reach out and suggest they have coffee and talk. If she's waiting for Shannon to do that, well, it will be a long wait. 

I just want to add that I always cringe when this group goes on trips...their behavior on these jaunts is almost always bad. The loud fighting, insulting the hotel staff and saying socially inappropriate stuff and the list goes on and on. If a millennial behaved like this on a foreign trip everyone would be up in arms complaining about their bad, vulgar behavior. Vicki and Tamra are in their 50's and are grandmothers for heaven's sake! They are not college sorority girls on spring break...and Tamra has a sick husband back home no less. 

• Love 19

Let me apologize to the people of Jamaica who have done nothing to deserve the onset of the Tres Banshees Gritando.  Forget the Zika virus; Vicki Gunvalson and Tamra Judge are in town.  Far more worrisome.

These ladies were an embarrassment from acting the fools in the bus to the hotel, to the "hey/yeah, mon" to the hat with attached dreds to the shrieking at dinner.  

Vicki's "hot" face was terrifying.  BRAVO should have held on to this episode until Halloween.  Would have been truly fitting.

I generally find Shannon to be humorous but was she ever a buzz kill!  She was totally rude to Gina and Emily when it was decided who was going to be in each penthouse suite.  (Although part of me was delighted that Tamra was going to be stuck with Shannon and Vicki.)  And she was equally rude at dinner when, after everyone including Gina listened to her tale of woe about the rental house being sold, she then absolutely ignored what was going on with Gina and instead looked at photos on her phone.  Rude, rude, rude Shannon!  If Tamra (fucking Tamra of all people!) thinks you're being rude, you are WAY out of line. 

I did love how Kelly tried to point out to Shannon that her rental house being sold and having to move when the lease was up was not even in the same ballpark as people who were homeless.  

I guess it wouldn't be a vacation if Tamra wasn't flashing her tits at someone.  Has she ever kept her clothes on for the duration of a vacation?  Hmmm  . . . maybe the one in Spain she took with Eddie pre-marriage?  

That spa looked amazing - - provided I went there without Vicki.  Or Shannon.   Heck, it's an amazing day when I would rather take a RH vacay with Kelly, Gina, and Emily.  But there it is.

Looks like the usual vacation catfight next week.  Who's going to leave early or stomp around saying they will? 

• Love 10
5 minutes ago, kicksave said:

and Tamra has a sick husband back home no less

He also has to view his wife bare chested on every trip. I wonder if he says something to her or has just given up because she puts her nudity out there whether intentional or not. 

• Love 3
17 hours ago, dosodog said:

They have air conditioning. It hadn't been turned on yet.  Ain't nothing you can do about outside though.  It's like getting hit with a sopping wet towel. 

It depends upon the time of year you go to Jamaica. July-Oct is a cheaper time to go, but very hot and humid, and it rains often (it's hurricane season). I've been to JA twice - once in August (awful) and once in November (nice). The HoWives were obviously not there during high season. I had to laugh because their hair was collectively a mess! Suprising how many of them have naturally wavy hair.

Edited by peaceknit
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, KungFuBunny said:

Why should Shannon be concerned with Eddie's health issues when Tamra leaves him in the dust every chance she gets?

Every time Tamra goes on another vacation, right on the heels of Eddie having some procedure done, I get Bass Lake flashbacks. Every. Time. 

I wonder if his afib gets better when she's gone? 

• Love 19
4 hours ago, islandgal140 said:

I got what Kelly was going for bringing up the projects and other people having it worse to put Shannon's issues in perspective but something about it rubbed me the wrong way. 

Both Emily and Gina need to get off Shannon's jock. Why would you even want to bother with Shannon if you think she belongs at Shady Pines and is a joyless sad sack? 

Shannon can be self absorbed and is a high strung worry wart but she is capable of being self-deprecating, self aware and funny. More importantly, I do think she is for the most part a reasonable person capable of admitting being wrong and sincerely apologizing making her a unicorn across the franchises.  

Kelly's admonishment of Shannon rubbed me the wrong way too. I don't for a minute think that Kelly has gone more than the twice we have seen on camera to the soup kitchen. But her situation is also very different than Shannon's. She has one child, and is the one who kicked her husband to the curb. Shannon has three daughters, who have lived through their father's affair, their parents vow renewal, and now the break up of their parents' marriage. Their father has moved on very quickly (and likely had moved on when he was still married) with a much younger girlfriend who I believe he is now engaged to. That is alot of changes for those girls to absorb, so I can understand why Shannon is upset that they will now have to move from a place that the girls like to yet another home. I would imagine she is not buying as she is still in court with David. In fact she posted on twitter (I think it was) yesterday that she had a stressful day in court, and thanked Kelly, Tamra and Vicki for their support. So while I like Kelly more this year than the previous ones, STFU Kelly. 

I don't understand Emily and Gina's obsession with Shannon. Emily is a decade younger than Shannon, and Gina two decades. Shannon could be Gina's mother. They have nothing in common. Are they that desperate for friends? I don't see them being all buddy buddy with Vicki, but they aren't picking on her. I hope neither return next year as they add nothing to the show. 

Edited by UsernameFatigue
  • Love 19
18 hours ago, ivygirl said:

Is Emily that much younger than anyone else that she can make cracks about the early bird special?

Nope.  I really didn't appreciate the age shaming and makes me dislike them even more.  They are too new to be flinging shade like that. I wouldn't share a room with them either.  I felt badly for Kelly.  I think she would  have had more fun with the other women. 

I think Vicki is in really poor health.  Nothing to go on except how she has aged dramatically from a season or two ago.  She looks older, looks like she has a harder time getting around, has gained a bit of weight, and just looks really unhealthy.  

Tamra is a friend to no one.  I hope the women remember that.  

I have to say I was laughing during the Shannon/Vicki/Kelly/rash scene.  I rarely laugh at this show anymore.

• Love 15
16 hours ago, KLJ said:

What are Emily and Tamra fighting on Twitter about?  

I would not at all be happy if I were Shannon right now after seeing how jealous and bitchy Tamra was acting.  However, we ARE talking about Tamra, ie, dirty, no class, two-faced bitch. I actually think I like Vicki over Tamra at this point.  

I wouldn't have gone in the brown water either. I actually don't like to go in water when I can't see the bottom.  I can swim fine, but always worry I'll get tired, or something will eat me.

One of my phobias is lake water or other water where I can't see the bottom.  I have heard too many creepy stories about dead bodies in water from my officer buddies.  Gina, we have one thing in common.  I really think that she is being Camille Grammared.  I am mean enough that I hope she does't get season #2.

• Love 10
8 hours ago, ghoulina said:

I don't necessarily see what Tamra would have to be jealous about. She brought those girls in; they're closer to her than anyone. 

Although, I guess I could see her worrying about Vicki and Shannon getting close again.

More than anything, I think Tamra just likes to cause trouble. So I can totally see her playing both sides. I can even see her having a bit of friend-munchausen; where she creates in Shannon the very problems She pretends to be annoyed by. I think she likes Shannon relying on her.

I think Tamra needs this job more than anyone (well Gina needs it but she doesn't realize how badly yet).  Eddie has some major health problems and she doesn't have insurance through her employer like some people.  I would like to see her cut just to see what becomes of her life.  

• Love 6
7 hours ago, Juniebaby said:

Tamra just stop! No one wants to see your hard grapefruit bolt ons.  She made no effort at all to pull down her top while the guide was helping her off the rope.  She will never care that she is embarrassing her kids, she’s a selfish woman and I get why her oldest wants nothing to do with her.  I admire Emily.  She’s a big woman, probably considered overweight in CA, but she is confident in her own skin.  She rocked that bathing suit and wasn’t shy to pull off her coverup and go on TV in a bathing suit.  That is confidence we all should have.

Emily has a smoking hot bod.  She could do webcam and really clean up.  That woman is a fucking Amazon. 

• Love 8
7 hours ago, Mindthinkr said:

I’ve had that. I caught it in contaminated flood water. It’s a hemorrhagic spirochete. I spent over a month in the hospital, almost bled to death and had two transfusions. If there is a risk of being exposed to it avoid it at all costs. 

Sometimes I think that Shannon is just so unhappy and misery loves company, so she makes those around her suffer. Toxic friend. 

YIKES!  Well that has scared me from ever swimming in a body of water that is NOT a pool or ocean (that hasn't had flood waters flowing into it).  

• Love 6
4 hours ago, islandgal140 said:

Me the minute they told me the hotel didn't have a/c 

giphy.gif

They are not gonna have me sweating out my blow out on vacay.

Once again Tamra demonstrates that she is a friend to no one!! I thought she was baptized, saved and an official G-d botherer now? I guess it didn't take because she is back to being a mean, vindictive bitch. She even has that malicious evil glint in her eyes again. I always knew Satan's would never let go of his #1 concubine. The only thing religion and priest can do for her is attempt an exorcism and even then Tamra would be like:

8-The-exorcist-twerking-funny-gif.gif

Eddie's afib is back but Tamra went to Bass Lake Jamaica. 

Let me get this straight. Gina and Matt are great friends, they love each other and they still have sex YET they can't even exist under the same roof with their kids to the point they have to rent another property so one of them can live there while the other spends time with the kids in the family home? But yet their divorce is amicable, uncontested and a non-event. Make that make sense. 

Gina is only gonna get or ask for child support and not alimony? Her husband is some kind of Svengali. 

I thought all the ladies looked pretty decent (to varying degrees) in their swimsuits. Emily is built solidly but she is surprisingly toned and fit. Impressive.  

I got what Kelly was going for bringing up the projects and other people having it worse to put Shannon's issues in perspective but something about it rubbed me the wrong way. 

Both Emily and Gina need to get off Shannon's jock. Why would you even want to bother with Shannon if you think she belongs at Shady Pines and is a joyless sad sack? 

Shannon can be self absorbed and is a high strung worry wart but she is capable of being self-deprecating, self aware and funny. More importantly, I do think she is for the most part a reasonable person capable of admitting being wrong and sincerely apologizing making her a unicorn across the franchises.  

Aside from the cringey scene with the bartender, I didn't mind Vicki too much this episode. Color me surprised that she asked the driver about the rasta hat w/dreads? That is the most culturally aware her or this group have ever been. 

And why can't they all do their vacation their own way?  Some want to party, some want to spa.  It is the way vacay's go with a group.  

Shannon is a bit of an eyeore.  She is also divorcing her husband of over 15 years.  Besides Vicki, who else has divorced such a long term spouse?  We know Tammy Sue is on hubby #3 so she may not quite get it.  Gina is having the best divorce ever and she will go to the mats making you think that so she doesn't get it.  Emily has been married at least 2X and Kelly was ready to leave her husband.  Shannon's life has changed in a big way.  Some handle it better than others.  When she was complaining about her new rental, my thought was well at least you can afford to move.  But its just one more upheaval in an already crazy life changing time.  A real friend might help you see what you have to be grateful for yet here is one of her friends talking shit about her.  

• Love 14
3 hours ago, kicksave said:

They live in Southern California...relatively very low humidity most of the year and ocean breezes if you live near the beach. Living in Virginia, I can attest to life in heat and humidity...it sucks.

I love watching them suffer.  Next time, send them to do a Midwestern summer.  I hear they are short, but brutal. 

• Love 6
7 minutes ago, GussieK said:

Wow!  I have not been to Jamaica, so I wouldn't have known.  I guess they are not crying "cultural appropriation." 

Its a poor country who's economy relies heavily on tourism, sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do...

Edited by TV Diva Queen
  • Love 13
3 hours ago, Mindthinkr said:

Tamra to Shannon: “Pull that...whatever’s in your ass out” about getting to know Emily and Gina when they were eating their cheese plates in the kitchen. 

Well, we all know it's a home colonic nozzle, and Shannon needs help getting it out.

2 hours ago, psychoticstate said:

Isn't being friends with Vicki basically the equivalent of having no friends? 

In my book, it's the equivalent of having a mortal enemy.

• Love 21
21 hours ago, Straycat80 said:

Vicki telling the bus driver she’s always horny. Keeping it classy. *eyeroll *

Yeah, o.k.  Vicky would want to have sex four times a day.  And then, she fakes it.  She wants Steve think she’s a hot number.  Pfttt.    

Edited by Gem 10
  • Love 6

Tamra.  You are a phony.  If you felt so sorry for Shannon, you wouldn’t be knocking her to all the girls.  You play both sides.  BTW, your fake boobs sticking out of that red bathing suit look ridiculous.  I want to take a pin and deflate them.

• Love 9
1 hour ago, TV Diva Queen said:

not for nothing, but they sell them in Jamaica, like EVERYWHERE in Jamaica.

Yup....my son bought one when he was around 11 years old from a vendor stall outside Dunns' River Falls when we were in Jamaica.  

• Love 6