Type keyword(s) to search

S13.E13: Heat Waves and Hot Flashes

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, GussieK said:

Wow!  I have not been to Jamaica, so I wouldn't have known.  I guess they are not crying "cultural appropriation." 

It's easier and more profitable to just laugh at the ridiculous tourists while taking their money than to get offended.

• Love 19
1 hour ago, Carolina Girl said:

11 hours ago, jmcd44 said:

Basically Kelly is the only thing saving this franchise for me right now.

And did you ever think you'd be saying THAT out loud?  

Never! And I usually dig my heels in & don’t change my mind. Also-writing that makes me realize I am almost 40 years old & my Bravo feelings are too strong. 

• Love 7

When did Kelly become my favorite (other than complaining about her rash)?  When she was telling Shannon, (paraphrased) "big deal your leased house is being sold. There are people that are homeless."  Then Shannon not putting the damn phone down.  Grow up Shannon I realize you are so rich that you have no idea what the real world is like, but get a clue.  

Emily - as a straight woman I was coveting her body.  

I've never been to Jamaica, but I have always lived in the southeast and I know high temps and high humidity can be a miserable combination. I feel like my a/c runs from March to November so the idea of no a/c would make me find another hotel, even though I do believe this was producer driver like others said.  Vickie's face melting did make me laugh.  As I typed this I was hearing "I'm melting, I'm melting" from The Wizard of Oz in my head. 

Edited by Lisa418722
  • Love 16

Kelly is the perfect example of why a new housewife (usually) should have a second season. I could not stand her in her first season. She seemed to have no redeeming qualities. Yet, here we are deeming her one of the most likeable/tolerable people on the show. Maybe it's because she's gotten more comfortable with the other women, or maybe it's her break from Michael and the unhappiness and stress that the marriage caused her. I detested her in her first season, now I think I'd enjoy hanging out with her, and might even enjoy vacationing with her. I never saw that coming.

Edited by SweetieDarling
  • Love 23
21 hours ago, FlyingEgret said:

Ewww - is Vicki's dress see-through? 

21 hours ago, bosawks said:

It’s almost as transparent as Vicki herself....

4 hours ago, psychoticstate said:

Vicki's "hot" face was terrifying.  BRAVO should have held on to this episode until Halloween.  Would have been truly fitting.

I tink da dress es FUGlee-mon. Crochet hot pads

It really seemed like Vicki was having an allergic reaction to something - her face and chest got really red and she looked like a big ball of inflammation. I was chanting - hide the epi pen, hide the epi pen.

• Love 12
5 hours ago, kicksave said:

They live in Southern California...relatively very low humidity most of the year and ocean breezes if you live near the beach. Living in Virginia, I can attest to life in heat and humidity...it sucks.

I think what annoyed me was their constant bitching about how hot it was the moment they got off the plane.  I can understand not wanting to be in a closed in hotel room with no A/C, but when outdoors, I'm not sure what kind of weather they thought they'd be vacationing in!  They really should research those things ahead of time so they'll know how to dress in such climates. 

• Love 10

I've twice stayed at a Jewel resort in Jamaica (Paradise Cove).  While not identical to the one the ladies stayed at, same ownership, same theme restaurants and almost everything is open air.  I guess I should be grateful I was in a standard room with an individual a/c unit.  Those penthouses were beautiful but not worth sweating your ass off.  Based on instagram, they were there in April.

Tamra's a snake, watching her play both sides is exhausting.  Really wish that someone would call her on it.  Kelly has the balls but she's found her niche and likely isn't looking to make her life harder.  Also, put your tits away, Tamra.  You're embarrassing yourself.

I always love the vacation episodes and while the OC isn't my favorite, it was nice not to see yelling, screeching or crying.  Heck, they even laughed at dinner, trying to cool Vicki down. Nice change from the recent trips with NY & BH.

Can't wait to see them climb Dunn's River Falls.  Admittedly, I tapped out. It was hella crowded and our "guide" was taking us off the beaten path and basically dragging along. With a fresh mani/pedi, I had to say no.  It's beautiful, but you'll never convince me that they don't have some national TV channel dedicated to watching tourists bust ass on the rocks.  

• Love 9

I see Shannon's distress about moving being more about uprooting her kids again.  As for being on her phone, maybe she was checking in with her daughters.  Although I also dislike it when people are on their phones all the time.

Tamra so pulled up her bikini top when she landed in the water.  

• Love 20
2 minutes ago, Thumper said:

I see Shannon's distress about moving being more about uprooting her kids again.

This yet another thing that makes no sense to me about Shannon. She signed a lease that specified the amount of time that she could live in that house (most of the leases I've signed have been for a year at the most with an option to renew at the owner's discretion). She knew she was going to have to uproot them to find a permanent dwelling at some point. I have to agree with Kelly, Shannon is suffering from Rich People Problems and is unable to see her life from a different perspective - probably because she is still mourning the life she had with David. She needs real therapy, no more Dr. Moon nonsense - and it probably wouldn't hurt to get some counseling for her daughters. 

• Love 19
9 hours ago, Gem 10 said:

I mean really.  Who talks like they do?  Nobody I know.  They are trying to convince themselves that they still “have it”.  Underneath, they know the new young ones have it and are jealous.  Icky is done.  Nothing attractive about her.  Tamra also.  She looks hard and has a mileage look to her, and those boobs aren’t doing her no favors.  The only thing those two are good for is you know what.  Icky wanting sex four times a day is in her dreams.  Steve will never marry her, and Eddie is beginning to see the real Tamra when the going got tough.  Time to hit the road girls.  You both had your day in the sun.

Talking about Eddie seeing the real Tamar just reminded me of something. Today I was watching a marathon on TV and the episode where Gretchen goes to Bass Lake was on. That's when Tamara points at Gretchen sang you with the best Lake blah blah blah blah blah and talks about how if her man were sick she would never do such a thing. Well, Tamara travels to a whole other freaking country well Eddie is apparently having very serious heart problems. We see you Tamara. I hate this evil nasty bitch so much. 

• Love 18

How in the hell did Kelly become my most tolerable returning HW on this show? I genuinely don't mind Emily or Gina. Tamra has constantly complained about how involved she is with listening to Shannon and her problems and Shannon doesn't reciprocate. Her feeling slighted by Shannon wanting to sit next to Vicki and her talking behind Shannon's back leads me to feel that Tamra's investment in their friendship is partly for herself and thinking that she is owed something from Shannon. If you do good things for your friends because you think they'll owe you for your 'kindness', I don't consider real friendships to work that way.  Tamra is supposedly closer to Shannon than Kelly yet Kelly managed to be respectful to Emily and Gina's feelings about Shannon without throwing Shannon under the bus. That said, Shannon seems like an absolute downer that I would be perfectly fine skipping vacation with or ignoring her all together. Her clique behaviour is beyond annoying. I get she has her own personal problems but it still says something about her that her time is split between complaining about how hard her life is and then ignoring other people because she has to tend to that hard life. Kelly was right that the things that Shannon is complaining about is mostly because she's far too sheltered from the real world that she has no awareness of how lucky she is despite the emotional turnstile she's been on with David. 

I loved that drinking game, haha. 

Was Vicki's surgery/fillers/botox having an allergic reaction to the heat? It was crazy to see how much her face morphed on the trip from the elements. 

I would bet money that Tamra pulled her top up herself. And then waited until the guy pulled her out and got a good look before pulling her top down - Tamra just loves attention. 

I felt for Gina and Emily. I felt they were really trying and Shannon just tuned them out to walk away and speak to Tamra. 

The beer bottles were so deceiving...how to keep reminding myself that they weren't taking swigs of cough syrup, haha. 

• Love 7
8 hours ago, KungFuBunny said:

I heard that too. I think this was planned long before Gina sent in her audition tape for RH. This was planned before he physically moved to LA.

Gina is an idiot - if Matt only pays child support - no more Ms Lupe and no more stiletto nails. I'd like to know how much they owe on that house.

(re- Did I hear Gina say that Matt is going to pay only Child Support? Man he’s a smart guy, keep it all friendly get your way, get a good deal out of it and you’re out. It will serve her right to just come out of this with just child support for not listening to people who have some experience in all of this.)

me: Maybe her declining the alimony makes sense....if SHE was the who stepped out of the marriage first by adultery, and then with guilt won't take the alimony....hmm?

• Love 2
4 hours ago, UsernameFatigue said:

The thing about Tamra is she was totally bitter when she and Simon divorced, until Eddie came along. Can you imagine if Simon had left her for another woman, like David did Shannon? She was already complaining non stop about Simon, just because. Then we have Vicki, who years later still bemoans her split from Donn. Though IIRC they were both cheating at the time they split. Talk about revisionist history. Then there is Kelly who treated her husband like dirt while she was married to him and couldn't wait to get rid of him because he was old and boring. Then as soon as he moves on with his life, she is bent out of shape that his isn't sitting around, pining after her. Then finally there is Gina who is clueless as to what divorce entails, but is lecturing the other women on conscious uncoupling, and how wonderful it is/will be. None of these women should be talking about Shannon, and how she is handling her nightmare of a divorce. 

I like your run through of their failures, 

But just to correct things about Kelly's anger - she was 1) mad at Vicki for setting Michael up with a friend,, 2) and because Vicky and Steve were having get-togethers with Michael and that woman, and 3) V not telling Kelly about any of this.

• Love 8
6 hours ago, Mindthinkr said:

I’d go with no friends if my only choice was Vicki. 

I’d start visiting serial killers on death row if my only other choice was Icki.

4 hours ago, heatherchandler said:

They are not short!!!  They are brutal.

How many weeks/months can we put you down for with The Ick? Do you have any lakes you can cruise around on, hit her in the head with a nerf ball,and call her a lying sack of dog shit?  

• Love 10
10 minutes ago, Mu Shu said:
4 hours ago, heatherchandler said:

How many weeks/months can we put you down for with The Ick? Do you have any lakes you can cruise around on, hit her in the head with a nerf ball,and call her a lying sack of dog shit?  

Nope but I know some Sopranos up in NJ...I think they do long piers and cement. 

• Love 6
4 minutes ago, Mindthinkr said:

Nope but I know some Sopranos up in NJ...I think they do long piers and cement. 

Can you imagine the bitching, shrieking, and sexual harassment she’d subject them to?  They would probably drive her to Delaware, and dump her by the side of the road and tell you the deed was done.  Meanwhile, The Ick would be wandering/waddling the backroads causing the locals to call in Jersey Devil sightings to 911.  

Edited by Mu Shu
  • Love 8
13 minutes ago, Mu Shu said:

Can you imagine the bitching, shrieking, and sexual harassment she’d subject them to?  They would probably drive her to Delaware, and dump her by the side of the road and tell you the deed was done.  Meanwhile, The Ick would be wandering/waddling the backroads causing the locals to call in Jersey Devil sightings to 911.  

Really? You think that they could make it as far as Delaware listening to her bs? I forgot. They make industrial duct tape for that. 

Seriously... I’m LMFAO even though I know this is not nice of me. 

• Love 6
6 hours ago, GussieK said:

Wow!  I have not been to Jamaica, so I wouldn't have known.  I guess they are not crying "cultural appropriation." 

I would be surprised if anyone in Jamaica felt like their culture was being appropriated by their fellow Jamaicans who are in the tourism industry. I would be surprised to learn that any Jamaican begrudgingly makes these hats or other tourist things that seem 'stereotypical'. I wouldn't categorize it as appropriation when you're talking about a shared culture where there is no real power dynamic in play and it's those within the culture itself that are gaining. I think appropriation is far more prevalent in more diverse countries where there is no real shared culture because you see more of that power dynamic in play. In America, you had white people that painted their face black because black people were seen as lesser and couldn't be part of plays, you see black women who have been shamed for the braids in their hair or for having bigger lips but let a white woman put braids in her hair and inject fillers into her lips and she starts a beauty trend (see Kim Kardashian). I think that's why the women were sensitive about putting the hats on while the Jamaican driver didn't seem the least bit bothered. I would wager that he probably got a kick out of how careful they were being about it, lol. 

• Love 7

Gosh, this season has been boring.....  Wasn't Kelly the one who declared Shannon was rooming with Emily and Gina?  So why was Shannon supposed to just say 'ok'?  How about if you're going to 'volunteer' someone then volunteer yourself?  And wasn't Kelly the one who jumped on Shannon for being upset that the house she was living in was sold and she had to move at the end of the lease?  Geez, yeah, when you're renting and you have to uproot again, it's not fun especially if you're kids are liking it.  It doesn't mean you're all sorts of ungrateful.

Yup.  Don't want anything to do with not being able to see the bottom of the water.  Snakes, bottom feeders, sharp surfaces,  not doing it. 

• Love 14

They are rerunning RHOC right now and it's the episode where Gina is trying to convince us she won't feel pain, she's going to have such a happy divorce!  She's so smug about it that it now makes me with her husband becomes a bigger prick than David Beador.

• Love 7

Rewatching this episode makes me hate Gina that much more.  Who goes through something as life altering as divorce and wants NO ADVICE from the people that have been there, done that.  They'd be the ones I'd want to talk to -- not people that are going to tell you "it'll be okay."

• Love 9
36 minutes ago, sasha206 said:

Rewatching this episode makes me hate Gina that much more.  Who goes through something as life altering as divorce and wants NO ADVICE from the people that have been there, done that.  They'd be the ones I'd want to talk to -- not people that are going to tell you "it'll be okay."

Not me! If I were going through a divorce whether amicable or not, the LAST people I would want advice from would be this group of bitter harpies. There is nothing they could say that would help the situation. Plus, they weren't offering advice, they were projecting their own experience onto hers and trying to badger her into fitting what their experience of divorce was. Plus, all of that judgmental pearl-clutching because she is an Atheist (seriously "moral compass")? Nope! There would be absolutely nothing helpful they could share and they definitely wouldn't be able to act as any type of support system because they are too narcissistic to see past their own experiences.

• Love 11
20 hours ago, MajorNelson said:

Good point on this trip - sheesh.

Lot of bods in bikini's and Emily was alright.  VG getting in the mineral pool, omg no!!!!!!

Vicki is not entertaining to me in the least. It’s old as she is these days.  And not age shaming. She just seems like such a stick in mud Trying to be a “cop wife”? She’s not even joining her trash can friend tamra in drinking and acting a fool. So I can at least get a cheap laugh watching her act a fool. Then why go? To waddle around? I question why both she and Shannon went on that exvursion if they weren’t going to do the activities. Yeah I know screen time. 

They should have stayed on the beach. 

• Love 4
17 minutes ago, MatildaMoody said:

Not me! If I were going through a divorce whether amicable or not, the LAST people I would want advice from would be this group of bitter harpies. There is nothing they could say that would help the situation. Plus, they weren't offering advice, they were projecting their own experience onto hers and trying to badger her into fitting what their experience of divorce was. Plus, all of that judgmental pearl-clutching because she is an Atheist (seriously "moral compass")? Nope! There would be absolutely nothing helpful they could share and they definitely wouldn't be able to act as any type of support system because they are too narcissistic to see past their own experiences.

The religious stuff was stupid, but I got the impression watching the scene that Gina was going on and on about what a fabulous divorce they are about to have that the other screeching harpies were like, girrrrrllllll you are sooooooo naive.  I mean, this is the woman who thinks she should only get child support.  She clearly has NO IDEA about what she's entitled to.  I'd rather have someone who went through a nasty divorce but came out with $30K a month giving me real world advice instead of someone blowing sunshine and smoke up my ass!

• Love 15
15 hours ago, SweetieDarling said:

Kelly is the perfect example of why a new housewife (usually) should have a second season. I could not stand her in her first season. She seemed to have no redeeming qualities. Yet, here we are deeming her one of the most likeable/tolerable people on the show. Maybe it's because she's gotten more comfortable with the other women, or maybe it's her break from Michael and the unhappiness and stress that the marriage caused her. I detested her in her first season, now I think I'd enjoy hanging out with her, and might even enjoy vacationing with her. I never saw that coming.

I’ll take this to small talk, but your post had me thinking about the one-and-dones I wanted off versus those I liked and/or wouldn’t have minded on a second season. I figured Kelly would get another season and was resigned to it, but some of the others... This season, I wouldn’t mind seeing Emily again even though I’m not that enthusiastic about her (and I kinda wish Shannon would befriend her), whereas Gina can’t get off my screen soon enough with her goopy conscious uncoupling and her... I don’t know what else.

Edited by ivygirl
  • Love 9

Gina is growing on me a little bit and I think it is absolutely possible to be perfectly at peace getting divorced, I certainly was.  I do think she is pretty naive to think that money won't become an issue, because it certainly will,  I enjoyed her on this trip actually and also get being a little iffy about being in water where you can't see the bottom!  Love that Emily is so confident about her body but she's a little much for me and pretty quick to age-shame the others (early bird special...stfu Emily)...I never in a million years would think that I'd start coming around to Kelly, but I gotta say...(with the exception of the RASH!!!!) she is also becoming pretty enjoyable and I loved seeing her react to Shannon by acknowledging how very very privileged they are.  I just can't with Shannon.  I used to really sort of enjoy her sarcastic wit and self deprecating humor but man does she suck all the joy out of a room.  She is the very definition of a sad sack, droopy moopy killjoy ughhhh.  Tamra and Vicki can just go away...had it with Vicki's screeching melty face and Tamra is just vile, put your damn top back on, nobody wants to see that.

• Love 8
15 hours ago, MajorNelson said:

I like your run through of their failures, 

But just to correct things about Kelly's anger - she was 1) mad at Vicki for setting Michael up with a friend,, 2) and because Vicky and Steve were having get-togethers with Michael and that woman, and 3) V not telling Kelly about any of this.

I know that is what Kelly claims, but I don't necessarily believe her. She was all "I really hope Michael finds someone" blah blah blah. But IIRC she was even furious that Vicki and Steve had invited Michael for Thanksgiving. I recall her asking why they didn't have her over for Thanksgiving instead of Michael. She seemed really ticked that Michael was getting on with his life. Michael and Steve were friends, but apparently Kelly's friendship with Vicki was more important and should make theirs null and void. Despite the fact that Michael was not the one who wanted the divorce, and Steve was trying to be a supportive friend. I think Kelly would have felt that way even if Michael had not dated a friend of their's. JMO of course. 

• Love 3
14 minutes ago, UsernameFatigue said:

I know that is what Kelly claims, but I don't necessarily believe her. She was all "I really hope Michael finds someone" blah blah blah. But IIRC she was even furious that Vicki and Steve had invited Michael for Thanksgiving. I recall her asking why they didn't have her over for Thanksgiving instead of Michael. She seemed really ticked that Michael was getting on with his life. Michael and Steve were friends, but apparently Kelly's friendship with Vicki was more important and should make theirs null and void. Despite the fact that Michael was not the one who wanted the divorce, and Steve was trying to be a supportive friend. I think Kelly would have felt that way even if Michael had not dated a friend of their's. JMO of course. 

Sometimes there is just no pleasing the agrieved.  However, Kelly did says she expected V would ahve given her a heads up after the first encounter Michael had with the gal.  

I don't know what to think about Steve and Michael golfing and such.  Were they friends before the divorce proceedings?  Hadn't suspected.

• Love 1
8 minutes ago, MajorNelson said:

Sometimes there is just no pleasing the agrieved.  However, Kelly did says she expected V would ahve given her a heads up after the first encounter Michael had with the gal.  

I don't know what to think about Steve and Michael golfing and such.  Were they friends before the divorce proceedings?  Hadn't suspected.

This is Kelly's 3rd season on the show, and during the first two she was with Michael. Steve and Vicki have been together I would think now for 3 years or so. So I would imagine that they got to know each other through RHoOC events, just as other husbands/boyfriends have through the show. I doubt very much that they only became friends after the divorce proceedings. In the same vein, Eddie told Tamra that he would not discontinue his friendship with David just because David and Shannon were no longer together. And that included inviting David to his birthday party when Tamra did not want David there. 

• Love 4

Tamara said recently on WWHL that David "broke up" with Eddie because Tamara is friends with Shannon and David didn't like what was said about him on the show.  

I know this has all been discussed to death, but if I had a girlfriend who chose to set up my ex with friends of hers, regardless of if I had wanted to divorce him or not, I would not consider her that close of a friend anymore.  For me a line would've been drawn in the sand.  It is possible to stay friends with both sides in a divorce, but you have to stay truly neutral and Vicki did not do that. Out of loyalty and concern for Kelly's feelings, Vicki, at the very least should've talked with Kelly first and told her what was happening before it happened. Kelly was hurt and felt betrayed and to me, this is very understandable. As we know though Vicki truly only cares about herself and isn't that great of a friend.  I would not have put it past Vicki to have gone after Michael herself had Steve not been in the picture. Vicki is that much of an asshole. 

In Jamaica, it appeared to me that Vicki just got very overheated at dinner and she made that worse by drinking red wine.  I'm of the same age and I know better. Red wine in the summer or in any hot climate, raises my temperature and I'm a mess in no time. 

Okay Tamara... your bathing suit top came up when you jumped into the water. I can sort of buy that happening.  To swim/walk over though to the edge to where a man is going to help you out and you didn't even try to fix your top to cover yourself?  Just no. Desperate for attention much?  Bet your ailing husband at home loved that ridiculous exhibitionist display. I know I've definitely seen enough of Tamara's tits this season to last a lifetime. 

I'm a Shannon fan and yet I'm growing tired of her whining and complaining. I think if I had to be around her a lot, she would exhaust me. That said though, I didn't see anything wrong with her disconnecting at the dinner table.  She's not going to please Gina with anything she says, so she might as well not try.  I know I wouldn't.  And I definitely wouldn't have stayed in a room with Gina and Emily.  Why walk on eggshells during a trip and be uncomfortable the entire time? I also got why she was upset having to move again.  I was a single mom for quite a long time and rented many places, hating every time when we had to move and my girls were uprooted. One morning I went out to go to work to find a for sale sign on the front lawn of the house we were renting.  Yeah... that was really fun. 

I think the Earth must have stopped it's rotation because I like Kelly this season.  Seriously shocked! 

Edited by eclectcmoi
  • Love 24
19 hours ago, Thumper said:

I see Shannon's distress about moving being more about uprooting her kids again.  As for being on her phone, maybe she was checking in with her daughters.  Although I also dislike it when people are on their phones all the time.

Tamra so pulled up her bikini top when she landed in the water.  

19 hours ago, MatildaMoody said:

This yet another thing that makes no sense to me about Shannon. She signed a lease that specified the amount of time that she could live in that house (most of the leases I've signed have been for a year at the most with an option to renew at the owner's discretion). She knew she was going to have to uproot them to find a permanent dwelling at some point. I have to agree with Kelly, Shannon is suffering from Rich People Problems and is unable to see her life from a different perspective - probably because she is still mourning the life she had with David. She needs real therapy, no more Dr. Moon nonsense - and it probably wouldn't hurt to get some counseling for her daughters. 

12 minutes ago, eclectcmoi said:

Tamara said recently on WWHL that David "broke up" with Eddie because Tamara is friends with Shannon and David didn't like what was said about him on the show.  

I know this has all been discussed to death, but if I had a girlfriend who chose to set up my ex with friends of hers, regardless of if I had wanted to divorce him or not, I would not consider her that close of a friend anymore.  For me a line would've been drawn in the sand.  It is possible to stay friends with both sides in a divorce, but you have to stay truly neutral and Vicki did not do that. Out of loyalty and concern for Kelly's feelings, Vicki, at the very least should've talked with Kelly first and told her what was happening before it happened. Kelly was hurt and felt betrayed and to me, this is very understandable. As we know though Vicki truly only cares about herself and isn't that great of a friend.  I would not have put it past Vicki to have gone after Michael herself had Steve not been in the picture. Vicki is that much of an asshole. 

In Jamaica, it appeared to me that Vicki just got very overheated at dinner and she made that worse by drinking red wine.  I'm of the same age and I know better. Red wine in the summer or in any hot climate, raises my temperature and I'm a mess in no time. 

Okay Tamara... your bathing suit top came up when you jumped into the water. I can sort of buy that happening.  To swim/walk over though to the edge to where a man is going to help you out and you didn't even try to fix your top to cover yourself?  Just no. Desperate for attention much?  Bet your ailing husband at home loved that ridiculous exhibitionist display. I know I've definitely seen enough of Tamara's tits this season to last a lifetime. 

I'm a Shannon fan and yet I'm growing tired of her whining and complaining. I think if I had to be around her a lot, she would exhaust me. That said though, I didn't see anything wrong with her disconnecting at the dinner table.  She's not going to please Gina with anything she says, so she might as well not try.  I know I wouldn't.  And I definitely wouldn't have stayed in a room with Gina and Emily.  Why walk on eggshells during a trip and be uncomfortable the entire time? I also got why she was upset having to move again.  I was a single mom for quite a long time and rented many places, hating every time when we had to move and my girls were uprooted. One morning I went out to work to find a for sale sign on the front lawn of the house we were renting.  Yeah... that was really fun. 

I think the Earth must have stopped it's rotation because I like Kelly this season.  Seriously shocked! 

From what I gathered, Shannon said she was going to have to move again in September because the owner was selling the house. If Shannon and her daughters love the house so much - she should just make a counter offer to buy. She definitely has enough for a down payment from her OC salary. Shannon - has always been a glass half empty person. I can see it becoming exhausting and only being able to take her in small doses - but she isn't any different from how she has been since she started on this show.

As far as not wanting to get closer to Emily and Gina - I don't blame Shannon one bit. Gina ran to Emily and told Emily that Shannon said Shane was "abusive" and she never said that. Gina jumped down Shannon's throat when she brought up finances in her upcoming divorce. Gina blamed Shannon for causing the fight between Kelly/Shane - making Emily believe that Shannon was "stirring the pot". I'd be pretend looking at my phone too. In fact, I'd sit there and text myself or pull up old conversations - because no way am I going to make ANY comment about Gina's divorce.

I totally believe MartiniGirl - Tamra definitely said stuff to both Emily/Gina so that they could pick at Shannon to get a reaction and more screen time. There is no need to want to be friends that bad with Shannon when this is an ensemble cast - just stay buddied up to Vicki and Tamra - leave Shannon alone.

• Useful 1
  • Love 23
On 10/16/2018 at 8:54 AM, Lady of nod said:

Boo hoo hoo Shannon You have to move. Good on Kelly and the other girls pointing out how the other half lives. Get your ass down to the homeless shelter with Kelly and daughter to get a glimpse. I bet you won't though. You might catch something from the great unwashed.

I think it was last season where Shannon made such a huge deal about how she was moving from one ginormous mansion to a smaller mansion like it was the largest struggle ever experienced by anybody on this planet.

• Love 7
23 hours ago, GussieK said:

I think it is mostly rich white ladies in the US crying about it on behalf of everyone else.

20 hours ago, MatildaMoody said:

All this is true, but Shannon probably wasn't expecting to have to move after only one year.  I know a lot of people that have leased houses and can't really think of anyone that had to move in the first year because the house was sold.  It's more common that they end up staying for years if you like the place and are a good tenant.  Shannon was probably hoping to stay a few years -- the twins are out of high school in 4(?) years.  But I agree that is a risk you take when you rent or lease instead of buy. I assume she's reluctant to buy because of all the divorce drama still going on and maybe because the kids will be moving out soon, but honestly I'm not so sure on the pending empty nest part because I could see her keeping rooms for the kids forever.

• Love 11
On 10/16/2018 at 6:32 AM, bichonblitz said:

Right!!! Every day of my life and it sucks! They are used to living where there is no humidity. 

A hotel in Jamaica should have the A/C on 24/7. There is no point in the day when it is ok to be turned off. These are paying customer's for cripes sakes and Jamaica is a tourist destination. I think it was probably broken and the hotel was in process of having it fixed. The women were good sports about it, though. If that had been the BH or the ATL ladies they would have been out of there in a heartbeat. 

That resort is fairly new - it opened last fall - and likely isn't up to full occupancy.  Somewhere in this thread, someone said they were there in April.  Jamaica isn't typically that warm in April.  From lots of experience travelling to other resorts in Jamaica specifically and the Caribbean in general, I can say that hotels do not leave the A/C on 24/7 in unoccupied rooms.   And the A/C usually turns off when the sliding glass doors open to the outside (for efficiency).  I wonder if the hotel had just not had those rooms in use and it was taking awhile to get cool and then they kept opening the doors (well not the Zika scaredy cats).  And some hotel rooms there have triggers that turns off the AC when there isn't enough movement in the room which would cause it to be warm when they first entered the room after being gone awhile.   

I can't imagine that it was broken for more than a few hours.  And I would have definitely been complaining til they fixed it if I were at a resort without working A/C in the Caribbean.

On 10/16/2018 at 12:31 PM, GussieK said:

I could not believe those hats with the fake dreadlocks!  Worse than LuAnn's afro wig.

They are everywhere in Jamaica in all of the tourist shops.  The entertainment staff at the resort will wear them etc.  They do not see it as offensive at all but it was HILARIOUS that the HWs had to ask....

• Love 3

When Tamra went into the water she have known that her top was off (I think she pulled it up on purpose). If she knew there was no reason to not adjust it and put it back in place - Tamra is a camera whore so she sprang up like a buoy. She also made sure the top stayed up so the camera crew could get more boobage on film.

Looking at the photo - it looks like Tamra never got the corrective surgery to "create" a belly button.

• Love 11
1 hour ago, BloggerAloud said:

I think it was last season where Shannon made such a huge deal about how she was moving from one ginormous mansion to a smaller mansion like it was the largest struggle ever experienced by anybody on this planet.

And the place she moved into overlooking Newport Harbor is/was like the absolute best location possible, Huge lot!  I'm practically drooling.

But gee, so terrible,

• Love 1
5 hours ago, yourmomiseasy said:

All this is true, but Shannon probably wasn't expecting to have to move after only one year.  I know a lot of people that have leased houses and can't really think of anyone that had to move in the first year because the house was sold.  It's more common that they end up staying for years if you like the place and are a good tenant.  Shannon was probably hoping to stay a few years -- the twins are out of high school in 4(?) years.  But I agree that is a risk you take when you rent or lease instead of buy. 

Related to this, @KungFuBunny also said, perhaps make an offer.  The house value was 3.0-3.2M, and with a 10% down payment, mortgage would be 13k/mo...she's paying 12k in rent (up until she moved).  Maybe she wouldn't qualify....NO STEADY JOB! 

But yes, her situation is up in the air.  Maybe she wants to wait for the 10M divorce settlement and get herself a grand home once again.  But if so, then don't complain about the vagaries of fortune, take responsibility!  Just how steady does she want to have her kids' lives?  Enough just to live in that house for 4? years?  Apparently not. :\

Edited by MajorNelson
  • Love 2
8 hours ago, lamujerdecente said:

Vicki is not entertaining to me in the least. It’s old as she is these days.  And not age shaming. She just seems like such a stick in mud Trying to be a “cop wife”? She’s not even joining her trash can friend tamra in drinking and acting a fool. So I can at least get a cheap laugh watching her act a fool. Then why go? To waddle around? I question why both she and Shannon went on that exvursion if they weren’t going to do the activities. Yeah I know screen time. 

I wish they had just tossed a sheet over Vicki again.

• Love 13
10 hours ago, lamujerdecente said:

UGh I’m not defending Vicki but I would have gone just to float on the nice leisurely river rafting and even for the bar at the end of it. The only activity they participated in was that rope swing and that didn’t seem all that fun especially if you’re not going to end up in the water. 

I’m full of self-loathing right now.

Edited by bagger
Because I have man hands and nothing made sense
  • Love 11
9 hours ago, lamujerdecente said:

I did not get in the water or do the rope swing or have an alcohol beverage at the bar.  I sat in my comfy chair, floated down the river, princess waved once and when my float was over, I mingled and drank water.  From a bottle, not the river! I wish the river had been clear blue, but heavy rains can make it muddy at times.

It was still fabulous! 

• Love 11
2 hours ago, MajorNelson said:

Related to this, @KungFuBunny also said, perhaps make an offer.  The house value was 3.0-2.3M, and with a 10% down payment, mortgage would be 13k/mo...she's paying 12k in rent (up until she moved).  Maybe she wouldn't qualify....NO STEADY JOB! 

But yes, her situation is up in the air.  Maybe she wants to wait for the 10M divorce settlement and get herself a grand home once again.  But if so, then don't complain about the vagaries of fortune, take responsibility!  Just how steady does she want to have her kids' lives?  Enough just to live in that house for 4? years?  Apparently not. :\

And I'll bet she tells those girls they could have stayed and not had to move again, but their horrible father hasn't settled the divorce.  She really needs to grow up and take responsibility.  She should count herself really fortunate that those are her problems. There are much, much worse situations.

• Love 5
2 hours ago, MajorNelson said:

And the place she moved into overlooking Newport Harbor is/was like the absolute best location possible, Huge lot!  I'm practically drooling.

But gee, so terrible,

I heard that things are so tough for her that she could only buy one pair of Chanel flats for the whole winter season.

I laughed whe Tamra said Negative Nancy, I describe a friend of mine like that, she has it really good but finds stuff to complain about, Kelly should schedule a bus trip to the mission for Vicki and Shannon, they might change their tune.  

Tamra will not back off Shannon, my guess is Tamra wants more camera time so she is starting to needle Shannon, starting to get her ramped up for a crazy outburst, fight, etc...then kaboom.  Wait till Shannon finds out Tamra said she feels sorry for her...kaboom.

• Love 6
On 10/16/2018 at 7:30 AM, dosodog said:

I'm Shannon's size currently and I have no fear about being in a bathing suit in public because

• I have the cutest swimdress 
  • The 1st time I went on a cruise, I was fatter than I am now and behaving like Shannon.  Until I saw the 300 pound woman in a bikini.  And I thought, Yeah, stop being stupid.  So I did.

Also, calling people Debbie Downer generally doesn't improve things.  Particularly when you are ACTUALLY saying it out loud in a jr. high school kind of way.

I get Shannon.  I'd ignore them also.  You have attributed abuse allegations, you force yourself on her when you have been told, repeatedly that she's slow to warm up to people and every time your together, you bitch about her.

If they do finally become friends with Shannon, just what in the hell are they going to talk about?

My rule of thumb, there will always be someone heavier than me in a bikini (which they should not be wearing)! I am not on tv tho, I understand Shannon, newly divorced, not wanting fuckface mocking her with his young side piece. She’s so awesome, I wish she’d just get over it! 

• Love 10

Full disclosure: Gina is my bitch eating crackers.  For instance, I am irrationally irritated that in the packing montage she threatened to zip her feral child up in a BLACK suitcase then appeared at the airport with two PINK suitcases.  Don’t fake pack, Gina!

• Love 18

They acted like the rope was this huge swing and a big deal but it looked pretty lame to me. Shannon was being a drag but they needed to chill about the rope swing lol.

The tres amigas thing and their stupid dance is so lame. Shannon needs to stop doing it.

Edited by Marley
  • Love 4