Type keyword(s) to search

S13.E13: Heat Waves and Hot Flashes

• Start Topic

2 minutes ago, DBAAT said:

These women should live in the south for the summer!!! A temp of 87 degrees with 99 % humidity is nothing.

I was going to post the exact same thing! Our temps are still like that, except for the little bit of cool we just got after the hurricane went through, but today, it's back to hot and humid.

Tamra likes to say that Emily and Gina are her friends and that she introduced them to the group, so why didn't she room with them?  

I'm with Gina on dark water.  I don't like it either.  

Shannon is being the Bethenny of this trip.  I really don't need to see a repeat of that behavior.  Woe is me.  The Eeyore of the group.  Ugh.

• Love 14
2 minutes ago, DBAAT said:

These women should live in the south for the summer!!! A temp of 87 degrees with 99 % humidity is nothing. Shannon is a total PITA!!! I can see why her husband left her.

She is so negative and dramatic.

That’s what I’ve been saying all along.  She’s a kill joy.       Tonight’s episode was pretty in the resort, but I could have done without  the screaming and yelling, as usual, Vikie and Tamra.  They are not funny anymore.  In fact, they are annoying.

• Love 11
15 minutes ago, DBAAT said:

These women should live in the south for the summer!!! A temp of 87 degrees with 99 % humidity is nothing. Shannon is a total PITA!!! I can see why her husband left her.

Maybe it wouldn't have been so bad IF she had a cool room to return to. They all kept their cool way better than I would have.  I would have slept in that dang van. 

Edited by Martinigirl
  • Love 15
1 hour ago, Martinigirl said:

I think she had the pepto bismal set

OMG! a I just got that.  I read that before and said to myself, “Pepto” comes in a set now?  I must be tired.  LMAO.  WTF?

Edited by Gem 10
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, ivygirl said:

Saw those butlers and thought... Hey I have a great idea! Vicki gets into a golf cart accident without Coto Car Insurance and is assigned to be Tamra’s butler!

Yes, a Seinfeld reference!

1 hour ago, Martinigirl said:

And you can see the price tag still attached HAHA

She can return it and then Sonja can buy it, wear  it and return it.

14 minutes ago, Gem 10 said:

How about alligators?  I wouldn’t go in that murky water for anything.  Who knows what’s in there and what’s crawling around in those bushes ?  Yuk.

You couldn't pay me enough to get in that water.  I don't like Gina, but I agree with her on needing to see the bottom.    Count me as someone waiting in the cool van too.  

Kelly and her rash got on my nerves. She never had a rash before?  Weird.  I once got a rash on vacation.  It lasted quite a while.  I blamed it on something at the shady motel we spent one night at.

• Love 10
2 minutes ago, mbaywife123 said:

Love Jamaica. I have been twice to two all inclusive resorts (think footwear for their name)

Both times were in the Ocho Rios area.

The second time was with Mr. Mbay and got married while there with no prior notice to the resort. The resort took care of all of the paperwork, wedding lics.,officiant,music,photos,flowers,wedding dinner for two w/cake and breakfast in the bed the next day. The wedding planner and her staff took a liking to us beacause we were so laid back about everything and if they could do it great if not also okay.(It also helped that there was a bridzilla there at the same time who just was rude to everyone, gee I wonder if she is still married?)

Got our beautiful wedding lics. about a month later via registered mail from the goverment there.

This all cost us around $100.00 years ago and still going strong 17 years later in about 10 days!

ALL of the people were wonderful and treated us like family.

Always hear wonderful things about the resorts.  I've only done day trips. 

• Love 4
2 minutes ago, enchantingmonkey said:

Yes, they shoot the reunion close to the end of the season airing.  

I thought so. I’m surprised that Shannon and Tamra are presently on good terms. They were on WWHL at the beginning of the season and I see Tamra at war with Emily on Twitter so I guess we’ll find out how Shannon gets past all that’s going on now with Tamra basically badmouthing her and how this love fest she has with Emily goes downhill.

• Love 10
4 minutes ago, mbaywife123 said:

Love Jamaica. I have been twice to two all inclusive resorts (think footwear for their name)

Both times were in the Ocho Rios area.

The second time was with Mr. Mbay and got married while there with no prior notice to the resort. The resort took care of all of the paperwork, wedding lics.,officiant,music,photos,flowers,wedding dinner for two w/cake and breakfast in the bed the next day. The wedding planner and her staff took a liking to us beacause we were so laid back about everything and if they could do it great if not also okay.(It also helped that there was a bridzilla there at the same time who just was rude to everyone, gee I wonder if she is still married?)

Got our beautiful wedding lics. about a month later via registered mail from the goverment there.

This all cost us around $100.00 years ago and still going strong 17 years later in about 10 days!

ALL of the people were wonderful and treated us like family.

How romantic.  Good Luck to you both.  And, they made it nice.

7 minutes ago, howiveaddict said:

You couldn't pay me enough to get in that water.  I don't like Gina, but I agree with her on needing to see the bottom.    Count me as someone waiting in the cool van too.  

Kelly and her rash got on my nerves. She never had a rash before?  Weird.  I once got a rash on vacation.  It lasted quite a while.  I blamed it on something at the shady motel we spent one night at.

Sometimes, it could be something in the sun tan lotion that gives you a rash.

• Love 11
3 minutes ago, Gem 10 said:

They made it VERY nice indeed. They even upgraded our "standard" room to a private bungalow at no cost. I felt like we were truly in paradise.

• Love 17
1 hour ago, ivygirl said:

Are octopi in rivers? ???

No.  And neither are Krakens that look like vaginas.

Speaking of looking like something, The Ick has passed looking like a basted luau pig and straight up looks like a warthog.

Tamra pulled her top up to expose her foobs.  Sorry kid, but those things look as hard as Regina George’s mothers boobs.

shannon getting all farty with the Ick and acting like an old lady is cringy. 

Someone is going to cross Emily and get bent in half.  She’s built like a brick shithouse. 

And these harridans get to go to the good parts of Jamaica and ruin it.  84 degrees and 99% humidity is sweater weather.  Idiots.  Tropical island=Hot.  They were probably too déclassé for Bermuda and banned for life. 

• Love 17
6 minutes ago, mbaywife123 said:

They made it VERY nice indeed. They even upgraded our "standard" room to a private bungalow at no cost. I felt like we were truly in paradise.

You should go every ten years, if possible.  It sounded so nice, the whole thing.    In one hour, it will be my wedding anniversary.  We’ve been married a very, very, very long time.  If I told you how long, you would guess my age, hahaha.

• Love 15
4 minutes ago, Gem 10 said:

You should go every ten years, if possible.  It sounded so nice, the whole thing.    In one hour, it will be my wedding anniversary.  We’ve been married a very, very, very long time.  If I told you how long, you would guess my age, hahaha.

I would love to go back for our 20th or 25th for sure, Mr.Mbay is a fearful flyer so I need to start working on him now!

Congrats on your anniversary. 

• Love 8
1 hour ago, ghoulina said:

Shannon just seems hell bent on ruining everyone's fun. I'm over it.

In no way am I suggesting that anyone deserves to be cheated on.  Having said that, I can understand David’ need to leave that marriage. Shannon has always come across, to me, as a very unhappy person who cannot be pleased.  I could not live with someone like that. It would drive me insane and into a deep depressive hole.   Bless her little heart. 

• Love 22

I thought so. I’m surprised that Shannon and Tamra are presently on good terms. They were on WWHL at the beginning of the season and I see Tamra at war with Emily on Twitter so I guess we’ll find out how Shannon gets past all that’s going on now with Tamra basically badmouthing her and how this love fest she has with Emily goes downhill.

What are Emily and Tamra fighting on Twitter about?  

I would not at all be happy if I were Shannon right now after seeing how jealous and bitchy Tamra was acting.  However, we ARE talking about Tamra, ie, dirty, no class, two-faced bitch. I actually think I like Vicki over Tamra at this point.  

I wouldn't have gone in the brown water either. I actually don't like to go in water when I can't see the bottom.  I can swim fine, but always worry I'll get tired, or something will eat me.

• Love 14
5 minutes ago, KLJ said:

I would not at all be happy if I were Shannon right now after seeing how jealous and bitchy Tamra was acting.  However, we ARE talking about Tamra, ie, dirty, no class, two-faced bitch. I actually think I like Vicki over Tamra at this point.  

I wouldn't have gone in the brown water either. I actually don't like to go in water when I can't see the bottom.  I can swim fine, but always worry I'll get tired, or something will eat me.

I don’t follow them, I’m not on twitter but I’ve seen a couple of screen grabs where Tamra is out and out saying Emily should be fired or not asked back or something. If I see some more I will post. 

I’m sure she wasn’t expecting what went down behind her back, Shannon will not be pleased at all. However, she was nasty to her face too, calling Shannon and Vicky Debbie Downers one too many times. 

• Love 9
26 minutes ago, KLJ said:

Edited by bagger
  • Love 15
2 hours ago, DBAAT said:

Ita. I'm so over her. I only started watching this again when she came on but now she's almost as annoying as Vicky. Well, maybe not, but she's a bitchy bore. Everything has to be about her all the time. I'd have much rather been in the suite with Gina Kelly and Emily , and I'm old! At least they're fun. 

Im from LI so Gina doesn't bug me. These girls who are criticizing her about the divorce should read between the lines a little. obviously her husband has another woman and is dumping her and the kids. 

• Love 10
3 hours ago, Gem 10 said:

How about alligators?  I wouldn’t go in that murky water for anything.  Who knows what’s in there and what’s crawling around in those bushes ?  Yuk.

I wouldn’t be all that crazy about it either! My dry itchy skin in dark water, no bueno.

2 hours ago, Mu Shu said:

Tamra pulled her top up to expose her foobs.  Sorry kid, but those things look as hard as Regina George’s mothers boobs.

Tamra had a touch of both Regina George and her mom this episode. A mean girl but also trying so hard to get in with the “young” crew.

Edited by ivygirl
  • Love 10
3 hours ago, Bronzedog said:

I did laugh at Gina imitating Shannon when she was laying  on the chaise lounge and Emily asked if she wanted to share a room.

I didn’t because they repeatedly misrepresented what happened. They didn’t invite Shannon to stay with them, Kelly said Shannon was going to stay with them to stir shit and the look on their faces was just as NO as Shannon verbalizing it.

• Love 23

I hope Shannon can watch these episodes and have a heart to heart with herself about her negativity and make some attitudinal changes. I like Shannon so I really hope it will be the impetus for change and not a case of her being all butt hurt with everyone and wallowing in more negativity.

• Love 20
6 hours ago, dosodog said:

They are!  I blame the laid-back attitude on the humidity, not the ganja ...

I think the accent is enchanting and they are kind.  At one point, I got sick from the heat and a man who sold water, gave me a bottle and told me to drink it.  He refused to take my money because I needed it at that moment.  

No way was I going to get in that water.  Loved the trip.  I went alone. Leroy and I had good conversations about his life, my life and we had nice silences too.

I pretended I was Cleopatra.  Not going to deny it.

I apologize for my excitement.  It's just that I've never gone to a place the RH have gone to.  I feel all cosmopolitan! 

I feel cosmopolitan any time I compare myself to these fools.  OC has the most classless travelers out of all the cities (unless I'm forgetting one that's worse).  Vicki creates such a huge deficit that there's just no way they can come back from it.

5 hours ago, howiveaddict said:

Yeah, as soon as I saw that water I was thinking you couldn't pay me to go in it and I'd rather wait in the van.  One time I got a rash on vacation.  I was in Hawaii and went hiking and didn't see the signs saying the stream we crossed repeatedly and waterfall pool we went swimming in was contaminated with leptospirosis (the water was crystal clear and not scary looking).  The rash showed up a few days later and I thought maybe it was just a weird sunburn and then when I was back at work one of my employees was like WTF OMG and convinced me to go to the doctor.  I had to have IV antibiotics and email the doctor pictures of the rash daily so he could monitor that it didn't go outside the outline drawn around it and had to go back to the doctor a few times.   So yeah, no thanks to strange water.

Shannon is a drag, but Tamra is a real bitch and actually seems more jealous than annoyed.

Edited by yourmomiseasy
  • Love 21

When Ryan popped up in the early, pre-trip scene with Tamra on the phone with Shannon, I thought, "Why is Shane in Tamra's house?!"  Damn, they look similar.  It's freaky.

I live in south Louisiana with similar temps/humidity and I would not have put up with a room with no a/c.  This past June my unit died and it was a 2 week wait to get a new one (it was beyond repair and 30+ years old), and I had to decamp.  The heat in the house got so bad it killed my TV.  It was appreciably cooler outside and just sitting in the house with the windows open had me in a full body sweat and all the pets panting.  No way am I staying at a nice resort on a high floor with no a/c.  Maybe at a house on the beach with giant windows it would be tolerable.  I did enjoy, however, the effects of humidity on the ladies' hair.  Very Monica-in-Barbados. LOL!

Vicki's face looks so puffy.  I know she's put on a few pounds over the years, but she's not crazy fat or anything.  It's such a uniform puffiness, but I can't tell if it's bad plastic surgery effects coming home to roost after all the procedures, or she's got steroid face.  Don't know why she'd be on corticosteroids, tho.

• Love 17
9 hours ago, ghoulina said:

I just think you can tell a lot about people by how they travel. And Shannon is being a real stick in the mud. Tamra and Vicki are crass, as usual, licking pillows and farting on the bed to claim it. So far Emily has the best travel style. She's chill, doesn't complain, open to trying new things. 

Those foul women with the licking of the pillows and talking about peeing on the bed while their butler had to stand there and smile-they are so crass.  And I am no Fancy Pants, but it was just so rude.  I think I have officially left Team Shannon. She seemed fine to stand outside and drink beer with Vicki-it was only when everyone else came back and talked about the rope that she had to go sit in the van.  Her voice and zika fears (was she planning to never go outside?) and her lack of bringing a swimsuit and all this talk about her weight-I could never travel with her.  I'm Shannon's size-you bet your arse I'd be in that pool or on that beach in a bathing suit.  

Basically Kelly is the only thing saving this franchise for me right now.

• Love 22
9 hours ago, DBAAT said:

These women should live in the south for the summer!!! A temp of 87 degrees with 99 % humidity is nothing

Right!!! Every day of my life and it sucks! They are used to living where there is no humidity. 

A hotel in Jamaica should have the A/C on 24/7. There is no point in the day when it is ok to be turned off. These are paying customer's for cripes sakes and Jamaica is a tourist destination. I think it was probably broken and the hotel was in process of having it fixed. The women were good sports about it, though. If that had been the BH or the ATL ladies they would have been out of there in a heartbeat. 

• Love 23

Tamra is the literal worst. I'm not a huge Shannon fan, but she deserves better than a gaslighting bitch of a "friend" like Tamra. After tonight, I wonder what Shannon thinks of tamra. She has learned that Eddie thinks Tamra enables Shannon, and gee, that revelation won't make for awkward times, and that takes feels sorry for her. (I don't buy that anyway, you have to have a heart to feel sorry for someone).

If nothing changes for tam and Shannon after this, then I am convinced they are deliberately manufacturing drama to keep their spots on the show.

Good twitter burn, Emily! 

• Love 13
10 hours ago, Martinigirl said:

I have a sneaky suspicion Tamara told Shannon something the girls said about her and Tamara probably told the girls something Shannon said about them. I think there's more to their rocky start. Tamara is jealous IMHO

I don't necessarily see what Tamra would have to be jealous about. She brought those girls in; they're closer to her than anyone. 

Although, I guess I could see her worrying about Vicki and Shannon getting close again.

More than anything, I think Tamra just likes to cause trouble. So I can totally see her playing both sides. I can even see her having a bit of friend-munchausen; where she creates in Shannon the very problems She pretends to be annoyed by. I think she likes Shannon relying on her.

• Love 12

I'm Shannon's size currently and I have no fear about being in a bathing suit in public because

• I have the cutest swimdress 
  • The 1st time I went on a cruise, I was fatter than I am now and behaving like Shannon.  Until I saw the 300 pound woman in a bikini.  And I thought, Yeah, stop being stupid.  So I did.

Also, calling people Debbie Downer generally doesn't improve things.  Particularly when you are ACTUALLY saying it out loud in a jr. high school kind of way.

I get Shannon.  I'd ignore them also.  You have attributed abuse allegations, you force yourself on her when you have been told, repeatedly that she's slow to warm up to people and every time your together, you bitch about her.

If they do finally become friends with Shannon, just what in the hell are they going to talk about?

• Love 22

I think the universe secretly hates Vicki just as much as we do or the bloated sow is deliberately (or bravo) making shit happen to her so it softens us to her. Nope. It makes me laugh and delight in her terrible face bloating and melting. That said damn that stupid Slade for making her feel ugly. She was never a beauty but now she looks like a shiny female Elmur Fudd. It ain’t cute. 

Shannon and Vicki showed how these manufactured trips ain’t working. The others are doing the activities and those two are waddling around drinking. Change this show Bravo or some of these broads will be in the poor house. I don’t see this show lasting with this format. I’m here for Kelly and I feel dirty saying that. 

I see why Tamra has been friends with the bloated sow all these years. She’s horrible to the core. Shannon is annoying and a complainer but Tamra would turn on mother Teresa so it’s a moot point.

Emily is built! She looks good. So does Miss Kelly. 

Edited by lamujerdecente
  • Love 12
4 hours ago, yourmomiseasy said:

leptospirosis

I’ve had that. I caught it in contaminated flood water. It’s a hemorrhagic spirochete. I spent over a month in the hospital, almost bled to death and had two transfusions. If there is a risk of being exposed to it avoid it at all costs. 

Sometimes I think that Shannon is just so unhappy and misery loves company, so she makes those around her suffer. Toxic friend. 

• Love 10
1 hour ago, bichonblitz said:

Right!!! Every day of my life and it sucks! They are used to living where there is no humidity. 

A hotel in Jamaica should have the A/C on 24/7. There is no point in the day when it is ok to be turned off. These are paying customer's for cripes sakes and Jamaica is a tourist destination. I think it was probably broken and the hotel was in process of having it fixed. The women were good sports about it, though. If that had been the BH or the ATL ladies they would have been out of there in a heartbeat. 

Naaahhh.... the producers made sure the A/C was off to ensure some drama....!

• Love 9
10 hours ago, Gem 10 said:

Sometimes, it could be something in the sun tan lotion that gives you a rash.

This happened to me in Greece. I ran out of what I brought, bought some Nivea in a hotel gift shop thinking it would be safe and got a blotchy and itchy rash that lasted days. It was nothing like Kelly's tiny flecks or Vicky's melting face. It was super uncomfortable though. 

• Love 3

That boob lift/reduction Kelly got last season is fantastic. Great work, Dr. who ever you are. 

Since I am not a Shannon fan, I thoroughly enjoyed the way the others shut her down at the table when she started whining about having to move. They weren't having it. She is exhausting. I also think the reason Tamra is getting tired of Shannon is because she doesn't have a need for her anymore. She has her beloved Vicki again. Now Tamra's job is to make sure Vicki and Shannon don't get too close. She is also exhausting. 

Edited by bichonblitz
  • Love 7

The more Gina and Emily whine about Shannon, the more she's going to push them away. She had the same issue with David.

I like Vacation Shannon. Her playfully negative comments about this, that and the other thing were funny to me. This is the way that she's always been, which Tamra should know, so I don't get why Tams never missed an opportunity to bitch about Shannon to the rest of the group. With "friends" like Tamra, who needs enemies?

The malfunctioning AC would have been a deal-breaker for me and I would have had to find other accommodations. I can handle a bit of heat but that humidity? No way.

For all the more Gina claims to not want to discuss the details of her divorce, she brings it up a lot. She doesn't bring anything interesting to this show and neither does Emily. They can both be done after this season and Emily can take her rat-faced little bitch of a husband with her. Heather was on WWHL last night and said that while she has plenty to keep her busy, she does miss being part of things. I will gladly trade Gina and Emily for Heather, and trust me, I was not a Heather fan when she was on.

• Love 22
2 hours ago, jmcd44 said:

Those foul women with the licking of the pillows and talking about peeing on the bed while their butler had to stand there and smile-they are so crass.  And I am no Fancy Pants, but it was just so rude.  I think I have officially left Team Shannon. She seemed fine to stand outside and drink beer with Vicki-it was only when everyone else came back and talked about the rope that she had to go sit in the van.  Her voice and zika fears (was she planning to never go outside?) and her lack of bringing a swimsuit and all this talk about her weight-I could never travel with her.  I'm Shannon's size-you bet your arse I'd be in that pool or on that beach in a bathing suit.  

Basically Kelly is the only thing saving this franchise for me right now.

Big ditto to ALL this.

• Love 1
41 minutes ago, Juniebaby said:

Tamra just stop! No one wants to see your hard grapefruit bolt ons.  She made no effort at all to pull down her top while the guide was helping her off the rope.  She will never care that she is embarrassing her kids, she’s a selfish woman and I get why her oldest wants nothing to do with her.  I admire Emily.  She’s a big woman, probably considered overweight in CA, but she is confident in her own skin.  She rocked that bathing suit and wasn’t shy to pull off her coverup and go on TV in a bathing suit.  That is confidence we all should have.

OMG - I wanted to read through all the comment before I posted pretty much exactly what you've said. It was disgusting.  Tamra needs to learn how to read a room.....as in know who the viewers are.  I assume that the vast majority of RH demographic has NO INTEREST whatsoever in seeing boobs, either we have our own or its just not our thing.  

Emily's body is banging shes tone and fit and own it, and I'm just LOVING Kelly this year.  Who would have thunk it.?  

Edited by TV Diva Queen
  • Love 21

Boo hoo hoo Shannon You have to move. Good on Kelly and the other girls pointing out how the other half lives. Get your ass down to the homeless shelter with Kelly and daughter to get a glimpse. I bet you won't though. You might catch something from the great unwashed.

Kelly has really turned herself around since the divorce. I used to love Shannon, couldn't stand Kelly. My how things can change in a season.

• Love 22

They couldn't even make it past the airport shuttle before they had to ask if what they were about to do with the hats/wigs was offensive.

Note to self, if what I'm about to do would cause a HoWife to ask if it was offensive immediately stop it..........

Edited by bosawks
  • Love 8