Type keyword(s) to search

The Curious Creations Of Christine McConnell - General Discussion

• Start Topic

Ran through the whole series on a Saturday at home.

1. The story arch is so delightfully twisted 

2. I would kill for Christine's wardrobe

3. The cat might be my spirit animal

I have no idea how this was greenlite - but I sure am happy it was. It's twisted, and fantastic, and just kind of a perfectly weird little show.

Elvira meets Martha Stewart meets The Addams Family meets The Muppets...like what?!?!

• Love 7

I love whoever is doing the writing for the mummified cat.  Purrfectly on point. I liked his back story of being found in the antique store.  "For the love of Ra!"

I feel like I need to buy a food coloring air brush just to make the caramel spiders.  Those were awesome. I'm not a baker, so her idea to warm up candy canes to remold them into other shapes was cool.

I like that she admits some of her projects take hours of detailed decorating.  I wish those TV food competitions would give more time.

• Love 4

Oh my God, what is this show?!?! Muppets meets Jim Henson meets Tim Burton meets Martha Stewart? Its so weird, and yet so charming. Its macabre, and yet adorable. Its a pretty perfect Halloween watch. 

I am not much of a baker, but I covet the abilities that Christine has, and this show actually does make me want to try things! She has such a calm, matter of fact way of explaining her projects and how she does them, it actually makes me think I really can do it, or at least try. Or, more likely, just enjoy watching Christine make amazing and spooky creations. And I love her puppet friends, especially the mummy cat! I cant say I've ever seen a cooking show with an actual plot before, especially one so delightfully macabre. It feels very Addams Family, with more cooking and crafting. 

I covet Christine's wardrobe, and her house. 

• Love 4
On 10/16/2018 at 7:17 PM, gik910 said:

Ran through the whole series on a Saturday at home.

1. The story arch is so delightfully twisted 

2. I would kill for Christine's wardrobe

3. The cat might be my spirit animal

I have no idea how this was greenlite - but I sure am happy it was. It's twisted, and fantastic, and just kind of a perfectly weird little show.

Elvira meets Martha Stewart meets The Addams Family meets The Muppets...like what?!?!

Elvira meets Martha Stewart is exactly how I described it. I loved this show. 

• Love 3

Thoughts after watching the first couple of episodes:

• The baked goods are super fun to watch, but not something I would ever attempt myself.
  • Not so crazy about the puppets, but I would LOVE to have a tentacled thing pass me items from the back of my refrigerator. The werewolf seems alright, and the mummified cat at least has some funny lines.
  • I want Christine's wardrobe.
  • Whoever designed the sets for this show has basically created my dream house. Everything is so bright, cheerful and charming. I want to curl up with a cup of tea and read a good book in all of those rooms.

Will watch more and report back - haven't gotten to the caramel spiders yet, but they sound delicious, and might even be something I could at least consider attempting. This show is one of the weirdest hybrids EVER of all the things I love: haunted houses, muppets, morbid humour, and sugary baked things!

• Love 2

She grew up the next town over from my hometown.  I'm not sure how old she is but she might have gone to my high school, it depends on if she was before or after when they started building new ones and her parents' house is kind of where I think the district border is, so I'm not sure.  Anyway, all of that is to say she's fairly local to where I grew up.  She decorates her parents' house for holidays and it's a local spectacle.  I sent pictures of this year's decorations to my mom an sister and was like "it's up, you should take the kids," and they came back so sour about how it is too scary and the city doesn't like all the traffic it causes.  How am I related to these party poopers?

• Love 5
On 10/26/2018 at 8:55 AM, yourmomiseasy said:

She grew up the next town over from my hometown.  I'm not sure how old she is but she might have gone to my high school, it depends on if she was before or after when they started building new ones and her parents' house is kind of where I think the district border is, so I'm not sure.  Anyway, all of that is to say she's fairly local to where I grew up.

May I ask where in the U.S. you're from? Looking at all her project prep, I get the feeling she may have a touch of OCD, not unlike Martha Stewart!

• Love 1

I'm from So Cal.  Her parents' house (and where I grew up) is about half way between LA and Palm Springs.  I've been in LA since the 90s though.  Her mom's IG says exactly where the house is, so you can dig around a little more if curious.  Their house has an interesting history.  That general area has a lot of historic houses.

• Love 3

I saw this a couple of weeks ago and couldn't decide if I was really watching this or hallucinating! The cake of her house was amazing! I'll have check out a few more episodes just to make sure.

That would be really cool to see this show with other holidays. 

• Love 2

Only one season? Whaaaaat? This was amazing! I am for sure stealing her idea of using warmed up candy canes to sculpt stuff and then dip it in chocolate. Those horns were wicked! Love them! I love to make food stuff/party snacks that looks like something else entirely to prank the kids at my son's school and this tip will be so useful. This is gonna be fun.

• Love 2