Type keyword(s) to search

The Mandalorian Anticipation

• Start Topic

I have two theories. They may contradict each other. The Mandalorian. He hasn't been given a name yet. Theory one, he's meant to be nameless, like Clint Eastwood in the Sergio Leone movies. Two, he has a familiar name. Like, his last name is Fett, Krynze, or Wren. Might even be Vizsla. But I would let out a male squee, a grunt of utmost approval, if he was an Ordo or a Vau*.

*Let's be honest. Walon Vau was an arsehole. But judging by the performance record of his troops, he was better than the parental verson of a gary stu, Kal Skirata.

Clan Ordo! 

From what I saw, this series takes place 5 years after Return of the Jedi with a new character. Of course new doesn't mean original, they're just saying not Boba/Jango Fett (I think).  I'd love it, if they pulled a character from the EU (Legends) or even from Rebels/Clone Wars.  Of course when they say new they could mean new to everyone instead of just new to Star Wars movie viewers.  

Hope that makes sense

9 hours ago, Morrigan2575 said:

Clan Ordo! 

From what I saw, this series takes place 5 years after Return of the Jedi with a new character. Of course new doesn't mean original, they're just saying not Boba/Jango Fett (I think).  I'd love it, if they pulled a character from the EU (Legends) or even from Rebels/Clone Wars.  Of course when they say new they could mean new to everyone instead of just new to Star Wars movie viewers.  

Hope that makes sense

Yep, it makes sense. 🙂

I'm thinking this character might be related to another famous Mando. Maybe Jango's nephew or something. I certainly don't expect him to be either a woman or dead or both. 🙂

So if this show succeeds, the chances of a Knights of the Old Republic show can only go up. I never really had much interest in the Mandalorians as a culture, and found them fairly one-note whenever they showed up. But the cast is good, and it's about time we got more non-Skywalker related, live action Star Wars.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, Danny Franks said:

So if this show succeeds, the chances of a Knights of the Old Republic show can only go up. I never really had much interest in the Mandalorians as a culture, and found them fairly one-note whenever they showed up. But the cast is good, and it's about time we got more non-Skywalker related, live action Star Wars.

Are you familiar with the Mandalorians from The Clone Wars? Because I preferred my one note warriors to the annoying pacifists we got.

30 minutes ago, Anduin said:

Are you familiar with the Mandalorians from The Clone Wars? Because I preferred my one note warriors to the annoying pacifists we got.

I never really got into Clone Wars. I'm thinking more from various comic books and video games, where it was always something of a shock if there was a Mandalorian who didn't immediately try to kill everyone.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, Anduin said:

Mostly familiar with them from Rebels and really liked the characters/family/culture wrong got to see.

On 4/15/2019 at 10:05 AM, Anduin said:

I have two theories. They may contradict each other. The Mandalorian. He hasn't been given a name yet. Theory one, he's meant to be nameless

"Bounty hunting is a complicated business profession"....

Made worse when nobody can find your Yelp reviews

Edited by paigow
Correcting quote as per trailer
  • LOL 2