Type keyword(s) to search

The Media Thread Emanation

(edited)

Something I didn't know before now is that they actually got Nimoy to give them a real napkin he'd used with his autograph for that scene.

Really? I didn't know that! Very kind of Mr. Nimoy to do that. (And very cool.)

Edited by sinkwriter
  • Love 1
(edited)

Sheldon getting Leonard Nimoy's autographed used napkin was one of my favorite moments on this show, as was his cameo as Tiny Spock.  I always hoped he'd come back to the show one more time.... :(

I hope they at least do something special for him on an upcoming episode.  God, first Mrs. Wolowitz and now this?

Edited by Spartan Girl

Big Bang Theory Cast Supports Jim Parsons at His Hollywood Walk of Fame Star Ceremony -- See the Pics!

1426177977_big-bang-theory-467.jpg

Sticking together! The Big Bang Theory cast headed to Hollywood on Wednesday, March 11 in support of their costar Jim Parsons as he received his star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame.

Kunal Nayyar, Mayim Bialik, Melissa Rauch, Simon Helberg, Johnny Galecki, and Kaley Cuoco-Sweeting turned out in support of their friend, who was honored with a Walk of Fame star after winning four Emmys and one Golden Globe for his portrayal of socially awkward genius Sheldon Cooper on CBS' The Big Bang Theory.

Also in attendance: BBT creator Chuck Lorre, who spoke at the ceremony, Parsons' longtime partner, Todd Spiewak, and Parsons' mom, Judy Parsons, who enveloped her son in a warm hug after the star was unveiled.

"It is a funny place to honor anyone," Parsons told Variety of the Walk of Fame itself. "'We will put your name right on the ground.' And if there is gum there? Come on, it is the ground!"

This isn't the first time the Big Bang Theory stars banded together — the three leads of the show teamed up in 2014 to negotiate major pay raises, ultimately delaying production on the show for several days while deals were worked out. Parsons, Galecki, and Cuoco-Sweeting now earn $1 million per episode through season 10.

The Big Bang Theory airs Thursdays at 8 p.m. ET on CBS.

Edited by Artsda
  • Love 2

Why is Kaley Cuoco wearing a coat? It's 80-90 degrees in LA these days.

It was actually pretty chilly yesterday (by LA standards). We even had some moisture from the heavens in the late day.

I'm off to find out where exactly the star is -- the Walk of Fame actually extends down Vine, so I always want to know who earned a star on Hollywood Blvd itself. (Although tbf, Michael Jackson's star is on Vine and he was huge).

They are warm in 90-degree weather, though.   :)

I'm not trying to make a big deal out of this. :) I just know KC is very fashionable, so I found it odd hat she would obscure whatever fabulous outfit she was wearing by that big old coat, unless it was really cold.

Yes!   Can't wait to watch this episode.

One of my favorite moments on the show is still the Xmas episode in which Penny gives Sheldon the napkin that Leonard Nimoy used while dining at the Cheesecake Factory (autographed, naturally). To see him give her all those gift baskets, declare it "not enough" and offer Penny a hug for the first time... hilarious and sweet.

Probably my favorite episode.  Loved Sheldon's excitement and him carrying all those gift baskets out.

• Love 2

I just checked the Emmys website, and you're right, Mayim was nominated. I was going off of the People article, which said BBT was snubbed. Still, weren't they usually nominated for best comedy series in the past 4-5 years? The writing this year wasn't strong enough to get them there.

• Love 1

Alan at HitFix did say that this was the first year in a long while that Jim and the overall show weren't nominated. But it is time to make room for honoring shows that are doing more (and not just coasting on old jokes, etc.).

• Love 1

I don't really have any interest in meeting Penny' siblings.  From what we're told her sister shot her husband (but it was ok, they were drunk) and that her brother cooks meth - I'm hardpressed to think of any way they'd fit into an episode.  To me they're far better as one liners.  If we're going to get other relatives on the show I'd like it to be Mee Maw.

• Love 1
From what we're told her sister shot her husband (but it was ok, they were drunk) and that her brother cooks meth - I'm hardpressed to think of any way they'd fit into an episode.

I could see her brother showing up because he's in trouble with the law and needs a place to stay away from Nebraska, and some humor in Bernie not understanding that he has a different interest in "pharmaceuticals" than she does. Not sure what they'd do with her sister other than set her up with Raj. Beyond that, they could appear in a wedding-related episode or briefly on screen when Penny tells her family she got married (however things go).

I'm not sure we'll ever get Penny's last name. We met her dad and that didn't do it. I have doubts about the wedding going through. Anyway, I would love to meet MeeMaw. But I really want her to be Betty White.

• Love 1

Anyway, I would love to meet MeeMaw. But I really want her to be Betty White.

Me too!  I love Sheldon's relationship with his Memaw so I think it would be fun to meet her.  And I also love when Betty White shows up on TV shows as people's grandmas so I think she'd be a perfect Memaw.  

Do we know if Memaw is Sheldon's mom's mom or his dad's mom? 

• Love 1

We've met Sheldon's twin sister. Does he have more siblings? I forget.

I'd like to meet Penny's siblings, see how they react to the nerdery.

Given how much her father liked him, I hope we meet Penny's siblings and they just love Leonard. Like full on, 'welcome to the family, you're one of us, we're so proud of your genius, so happy Penny met you.'  After growing up in Beverly's not-so-loving-care I have to think that being embraced by his inlaws would be a balm to Leonard's soul.

Edited by anna0852
  • Love 8

I think Betty White would slay as Mee Maw, but if they can't get her, who would you cast? 

I think Helen Mirren would be hilarious, if only because she'd be so unexpected. (Yeah, like they could get her! But wouldn't that be a hoot?)

Oh I forgot about her. She'd be amazing! And Laurie Metcalf is so great, I'd love to see her interacting with whomever they cast for MeeMaw.

We should just let Chuck Lorre know we've decided this is happening, so the sooner he could get on it, we'd really appreciate it.

• Love 2