Jump to content
Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
OoohMaggie

Season 9: Speculation without spoilers.

Recommended Posts


I’m intrigued as to what sort of laws, rules and regulations, Michonne was talking about with Maggie and Jesus. How closely they would follow the previous ‘laws’ of their country. I don’t know if VA still has the death penalty within its range of punishments, or whether their location would even enter into the discussion. Would the laws of the ‘wild west’ enter into play, or would the more ‘civilised’, modern version of punishment be the choice of most?

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

Virginia is just a name on an old map in the ZA. There is no government, so there aren't any standing laws. I would guess that the five communities - if they all choose to join in - would be a confederation of some kind. Michonne's document would be an agreement on some basic, fundamental ideas on law, trade, security, personhood, but the individual communities would have to have some autonomy, I would think. Honestly, I'd be all in for watching them hash out the future governance of their groups. I love that stuff. Then I also wonder if the other groups out there that include Georgie's people and the other like-minded communities she found would also have to enter into agreements with the confederation or whatever that our guys come up with? I mean for security and growth, I'd think that would be the wise choice.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
7 hours ago, OoohMaggie said:

I’m intrigued as to what sort of laws, rules and regulations, Michonne was talking about with Maggie and Jesus. How closely they would follow the previous ‘laws’ of their country. I don’t know if VA still has the death penalty within its range of punishments, or whether their location would even enter into the discussion. Would the laws of the ‘wild west’ enter into play, or would the more ‘civilised’, modern version of punishment be the choice of most?

If they are trying to rebuild the world, they need to set up some sort of rules of the road so to speak. Even something as simple as a Mission Statement. They can each have their own laws, but mandatory trial laws. For example, innocent until proven quilty/trial. But, all the states have different penalties, from life, to death etc.. They need to post the laws for any newcomers. They need to decide to live in lawfulness, or unlawfulness. Unlawfulness sounds like fun until your on the receiving end of it. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
20 hours ago, maystone said:

Virginia is just a name on an old map in the ZA. There is no government, so there aren't any standing laws.

‘‘This is part of what I was asking, would the survivors actually think like that, or would some try and cling to what used to be. The state of VA still exists, the laws of the state do still exist, whether there is some part of authority still in existence living inside a mountain somewhere, nobody yet knows for certain. 

Would some look to keep things as they were? Could they say, as we’re living in VA, we will adopt the laws of VA. Instead of thrashing out new laws and regulations, why not just fall back on what is already in place. Do they abandon the Constitution or use it as the foundation stone? 

I think it is a shame that the  communities don’t join, it would make them far greater  than the sum of their parts, there is not much loyalty between them at the moment, if they were one, they would fight as one, support each other as if they were living next door to each other, I hate to say it but the “we are Negan” philosophy was the way to go in a ZA.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
14 hours ago, WalkerTalker said:

Even something as simple as a Mission Statement. They can each have their own laws,

But why not just use the laws that are still in place, we’ve got a Cop on the team, nip back into DC and get the real, historical legal documents, where is the constitution kept? That’d look good sitting Maggie’s desk Lol

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

On 10/16/2018 at 1:57 PM, OoohMaggie said:

But why not just use the laws that are still in place, we’ve got a Cop on the team, nip back into DC and get the real, historical legal documents, where is the constitution kept? That’d look good sitting Maggie’s desk Lol

Yeah, you are right, da just use the laws that were in place prior to the za. 

Share this post


Link to post
On 10/16/2018 at 1:50 PM, OoohMaggie said:

‘‘This is part of what I was asking, would the survivors actually think like that, or would some try and cling to what used to be. The state of VA still exists, the laws of the state do still exist, whether there is some part of authority still in existence living inside a mountain somewhere, nobody yet knows for certain. 

Would some look to keep things as they were? Could they say, as we’re living in VA, we will adopt the laws of VA. Instead of thrashing out new laws and regulations, why not just fall back on what is already in place. Do they abandon the Constitution or use it as the foundation stone? 

I think it is a shame that the  communities don’t join, it would make them far greater  than the sum of their parts, there is not much loyalty between them at the moment, if they were one, they would fight as one, support each other as if they were living next door to each other, I hate to say it but the “we are Negan” philosophy was the way to go in a ZA.

I hate to say it but We Are Negan was ok if you were Negan. But, if you didn't want to enforce,kill, or be enslaved, that slogan philosophy sucked. Live and let live would be my philosophy,  and don't tread on me. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
On 10/15/2018 at 3:35 PM, OoohMaggie said:

Would the laws of the ‘wild west’ enter into play, or would the more ‘civilised’, modern version of punishment be the choice of most?

Considering that Greg seemed to be sentenced to death and hanged without a trial, and that Maggie was judge, jury and executioner, seems like "Wild West" laws now prevail.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
11 hours ago, WalkerTalker said:

I hate to say it but We Are Negan was ok if you were Negan. But, if you didn't want to enforce,kill, or be enslaved, that slogan philosophy sucked. Live and let live would be my philosophy,  and don't tread on me. 

I wasn’t very clear but I meant more the ‘we are one’ frame of mind, not all the crap that he decided should go with it. You attack one of us, we all come after you. Just look at the communities now, they’re a mess, everyone putting themselves first, they’re just ripe for another ‘Negan’ to raise their head. They should be striving for a community spirit, a sense of belonging to people who feel the same about you.

The belligerent Saviours have to go first though, send in The Daryl cleaning squad.

Edited by OoohMaggie
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
10 hours ago, AngelaHunter said:

Considering that Greg seemed to be sentenced to death and hanged without a trial, and that Maggie was judge, jury and executioner, seems like "Wild West" laws now prevail.

I didn’t hear any complaints from the crowd, makes me wonder just which system they would prefer

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

On 10/18/2018 at 3:43 AM, OoohMaggie said:

I wasn’t very clear but I meant more the ‘we are one’ frame of mind, not all the crap that he decided should go with it. You attack one of us, we all come after you. Just look at the communities now, they’re a mess, everyone putting themselves first, they’re just ripe for another ‘Negan’ to raise their head. They should be striving for a community spirit, a sense of belonging to people who feel the same about you.

The belligerent Saviours have to go first though, send in The Daryl cleaning squad.

It comes back to the aged old motto, "United We Stand, Divided We Fall". Do we live in a land with laws were we are all treated equally,were we can live safely. Or, do we live in a lawless land where the person in power decides who lives, who lives safely etc.etc.. They are finally coming together now, it is time to set up a government. But, what type a democracy, or a dictatorship? Giving one person total power sounds all fine and dandy until your head is on their chopping block. Another age old quote(Neimoller)First they came for________________, and I did nothing.When they came for me there was no one left to speak for me. Well anyway you get the message. If Negan gets the chance you better believe arses, and elbows will fly and heads will roll!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

I always held out hope for Gregory, right up to the slap on the horse’s arse, I’m drawn to feel the same for Jadis.      Judging  by the way Kang has been going, either she stops just before it’s too late and FG forgives her moment of weakness, or Daryl puts a bolt in her head.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post

The spoilers are coming thick and fast, is there anyone else determined to watch the next two episodes without finding out what happens beforehand?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

Personally, I like spoilers. They don't take away from the show for me. I was glad that I saw "The Usual Suspects" and "Sixth Sense" without them being spoiled, though. I wont spoil anything for anyone because that's just being a jerk. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

20 hours ago, Superclam said:

 

Personally, I like spoilers. They don't take away from the show for me

 

That’s fair enough, I can’t say I understand it though, knowing everything that happens in the next episode would completely ruin the enjoyment for me, the enjoyment of ‘the first experience’ of something. but I have noticed that the people who list all the spoilers, don’t generally seem to be that enamoured with the show. Despite my willingness to dump on the show when I feel it deserves it, I am still a huge fan and I feel this is why I like to experience things as and when they happen. Not least because I still get ‘that buzz’ when ‘that’ music starts, to those who don’t it’s difficult to explain. Having seen ‘The Great Escape’ a thousand times,  doesn’t detract from my enjoyment from watching it, so I can see how people could feel a similar thing about watching the show. Things can improve with time though, I just know that one day McQueen will clear that  damn second  fence ??

Edited by OoohMaggie
  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
14 hours ago, Nashville said:

SOYLENT GREEN IS PEOPLE!!!”

I’ve never forgiven Chuck Connors for ‘Tin Can Alley’, literally seconds of fun and entertainment! ??

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
On 11/2/2018 at 4:18 PM, OoohMaggie said:

That’s fair enough, I can’t say I understand it though, knowing everything that happens in the next episode would completely ruin the enjoyment for me, the enjoyment of ‘the first experience’ of something. but I have noticed that the people who list all the spoilers, don’t generally seem to be that enamoured with the show. Despite my willingness to dump on the show when I feel it deserves it, I am still a huge fan and I feel this is why I like to experience things as and when they happen. Not least because I still get ‘that buzz’ when ‘that’ music starts, to those who don’t it’s difficult to explain. Having seen ‘The Great Escape’ a thousand times,  doesn’t detract from my enjoyment from watching it, so I can see how people could feel a similar thing about watching the show. Things can improve with time though, I just know that one day McQueen will clear that  damn second  fence ??

I wonder how many peeps who don't mind spoilers also like to open their Christmas gifts on New Years Eve too, lol.  This calls for a scientific survey, lol. I understand you completely, my husband can't stand spoilers. Even if he misses a game he doesn't want to hear who won he wants to watch and find out that way, time permitting. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

On 05/11/2018 at 10:59 PM, WalkerTalker said:

I wonder how many peeps who don't mind spoilers also like to open their Christmas gifts on New Years Eve too,

Well when you win Michonne’s Katana and decide to give it to me, don’t tell me it’s coming! 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
On 11/9/2018 at 8:07 AM, OoohMaggie said:

Well when you win Michonne’s Katana and decide to give it to me, don’t tell me it’s coming! 

LOL................................................................................ . 

Share this post


Link to post

Wow, 3 months with the shutters down,

Welcome CR, I’ve got to do a bit more work, I’ll catch you later

🤗

(I really think there should be a lot more night and fog scenes)

The show used The Whisperers at their best and most scary, at night,in the fog, in a storm and in a graveyard, as you say, out and about in the daylight they are easy to deal with and look rather silly.

Apart from the dummies who went looking for Luke, realising how dangerous and scary it actually was only when they got there, the communities should only venture beyond the walls during daylight hours, that simple rule more or less eliminates the Whisperer threat, but makes for a dull show. TBC.....

Edited by OoohMaggie
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...

Customize font-size