Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E16: All the Roads Lead to This

• Start Topic

On 10/17/2018 at 12:56 PM, qtpye said:

I think she likes Bobby well enough. I do not find it strange that she is not in love with him after only 8 weeks. I think the love will grow but he has made it hard for her to say no. As Neurochic pointed out, in today's world it is not easy to find someone and she must have been having some issues because why the heck would someone so seemingly normal want to go on this show? I also feel like as a female that our ageist society makes dating very hard for women after 30.  I think that in the modern world most women are spending their 20's, just like men, establishing themselves in their career and/or getting education/training. However, a man in his thirties does not have the biological and societal issues that are faced by single women of around the same age. Bobby is crazy about her, so why not give it a shot? I do think she might have some issues with his mother and sister, who do not seem to be so thrilled with her. Also, why the heck was his mother and sister going on about her being a stay at home mom when she is the larger bread earner in the couple and is more established in her career than Bobby? Why should the more established person be the one to stay home just because they happen to be female?

Oh, I have no doubt she likes Bobby. That's pretty obvious. I also have no issue with her waiting to say she loves him, but she finally did say it (albeit, in a highly pressured situation). The thing with her is that, through the magic of editing, we've seen Bobby do all sorts of things for her to make her daily life easier. We haven't seen her do the same. When she leaves him a note, she mentions how she loves the things he does for her. She never mentions anything she likes about him. 

As for the "women over 30" subject. Well, I'm a woman well over 30, and I can speak to the fact that dating after 30 has always been hard. Hell, I remember a study coming out when I was in my mid twenties that stated a woman's odds of getting married start to drop after 25. Ageism will always be a thing, sadly. That said, almost everyone I know who was married in their early 20s is on at least their 2nd marriage.  The "married in their 20s" couples I know who are still married are solid like a rock, and none of them found each other through "the dating scene." They were solid in college and, in one case, high school. The thing is, I found the love of my life in my late 30s. At the time, she was in her early 20s. We've been together over 15 years, and will celebrate our 12th anniversary this weekend. The problem with "giving it a shot" with someone who is crazy about you (and who you might not be crazy about) is that she'd be kind of cavalier about everything marriage is supposed to be. I suppose that, without cameras around, she very well might have said, "Bobby, you're amazing and there's certainly something here. I'm not there yet with my feelings, but let's keep this going and see where it goes." 

As for his family, didn't Danielle say she wanted someone with traditional conservative values? If so, congrats! That's what she got...from him and his family. 

Edited by Captain Asshat
  • Love 1
6 hours ago, Kdawg82 said:

This gal doesn't look like she will age well. Some shots she looked good in with great skin. In others , she looks like she has got some rough features. The brows and overdone lashes serve to accentuate those rough features. .

I think that she would be so much prettier if she would have some semblance of an expression o. her face, or smile using her eyes too. Her eyes always remain unmoving. I know she mentioned something about difficulty showing emotion. .maybe that's it. 

As a side note, all of the makeup that she wears on her skin isn't good. She needs to let her skin breathe a little. 

• Love 2

I know Danielle's eyebrows have been brought up time and time again. But did anyone watch Unfiltered which aired after the decision day episode? Her eyebrows were natural there and she looked 100% better. Someone should tell her to stay away from the eyebrow pencil from now on.

• Love 3
14 minutes ago, Lusterleaf said:

I know Danielle's eyebrows have been brought up time and time again. But did anyone watch Unfiltered which aired after the decision day episode? Her eyebrows were natural there and she looked 100% better. Someone should tell her to stay away from the eyebrow pencil from now on.

Yes, once again, because the show's makeup artist does them when they're in a studio, which was also the case on decision day.

I have posted a lot in these threads that she needs an eyebrow intervention.

• Love 5

Agreed that Danielle would be much prettier without those lashes and overdone brows.

I really don't think her not saying I love you had anything to do with not loving Bobby. I  think it was production making them give some suspense even though we all knew they'd stay together. There was no way she was letting that catch go. The editing was so bad in this episode that every time Bobby declared his feelings for Danielle, they would cut to her face for a second or 2 then end the scene. They didn't want to show her response to him. Instead, they made it seem like she was just being cold and not saying anything back. I noticed that several times.

• Love 8

Danielle: What are you reading Bobby?

Bobby: People on the internet are saying mean things about your eyebrows. I love your eyebrows.

Danielle: We talked about snarking.  Most of them are just writing stuff to joke around with each other, they would never say it to a person's face.

Bobby: Should I start wearing an open carry when we go to MacDonald's?

Danielle: No. Not that many people watch the show so there isn't anyone to worry about. Remember when your Dad had to make his twitter private because he wrote some creepy stuff about how hot he thought I was?

Bobby: Well, that and racist stuff, too.

Danielle: It doesn't help that you and your Dad have the same name.  If anyone has to worry about lunatics acting out against, it will be Jamie and Dr. Jessica. Those two are magnets for the crazies.

Bobby: This one here says Henry is obese and ugly...

Danielle: Move over, I am going to scorch that troll for attacking Henry's slow metabolism...

Bobby: Maybe we should just close the laptop and have s'mores with the dogs in the backyard.....

• Love 6
49 minutes ago, Yeah No said:

Yes, once again, because the show's makeup artist does them when they're in a studio, which was also the case on decision day.

I have posted a lot in these threads that she needs an eyebrow intervention.

Oh wow. That makeup artist should be fired then... the heavily penciled eyebrows are no good.

4 minutes ago, Jaclyn88 said:

Agreed that Danielle would be much prettier without those lashes and overdone brows.

I really don't think her not saying I love you had anything to do with not loving Bobby. I  think it was production making them give some suspense even though we all knew they'd stay together. There was no way she was letting that catch go. The editing was so bad in this episode that every time Bobby declared his feelings for Danielle, they would cut to her face for a second or 2 then end the scene. They didn't want to show her response to him. Instead, they made it seem like she was just being cold and not saying anything back. I noticed that several times.

Yes I also think they edited heavily to make it seem like Danielle was colder than she was because there was no drama with that couple. They needed something I guess.

• Love 3

My UO:  I do not think anything is wrong with Danielle.  

First of all an hour and a half commute is no joke at all.  Some people aren't affectionate, doesn't make them bad people.  Any idiot can say "I love you" and not mean it. 

In relationships, there's always one person who is more in love than the other; if Danielle and Bobby stay together, there may come a point where she's more in love than he.  

We only saw them for eight weeks, a lot can change over time. 

Edited by Neurochick
  • Love 14
1 hour ago, Jaclyn88 said:

So do I, but it's none of my business. Danielle obviously likes wearing a "strong brow," the overdone version of which was a fad for quite a while. 

And, well, with Groucho Marx eyebrows, she needs extra lashes or her eyes would just disappear! 

1 hour ago, Jaclyn88 said:

I really don't think her not saying I love you had anything to do with not loving Bobby. I  think it was production making them give some suspense even though we all knew they'd stay together. There was no way she was letting that catch go. 

Even if he keeps taking her fishing?

1 hour ago, Neurochick said:

My UO:  I do not think anything is wrong with Danielle.  

First of all an hour and a half commute is no joke at all.  Some people aren't affectionate, doesn't make them bad people.  Any idiot can say "I love you" and not mean it. 

In relationships, there's always one person who is more in love than the other; if Danielle and Bobby stay together, there may come a point where she's more in love than he.  

We only saw them for eight weeks, a lot can change over time. 

I agree with you on the commute. My husband does an hour and a half commute, out of state every day and it is KILLING him- literally. But when he's home he is still going and going- doing way too much. I snark on the brows but don't have issues w/ Danielle as it's pretty much just a fake show anyway and I hope the marriage works out. My husband is kind of a Bobby also and in the beginning especially , I know there were even family members of mine who didn't think I deserved him. 10 yrs & 3 kids later he and I are still BFF and haters are gonna hate. Life beats u down so if you start out in love as a 200%, then go down a little, that's a-okay? I like that Danielle seems to support other women like in the case of Mia when she was skeptical of Tristan (though that is another debacle altogether). Danielle takes the female side.  But she got Amber's jealousy number REAL quick and dialed back on the gloating (but still a little bit smug). If my husband got me a new ring or something, I kept it secret but he encouraged me to wear it out anyway.  I'm NOT a Danielle. She comes off a little high maintenance thinking she's low maintenance. IMHO. 

• Love 4
10 hours ago, Lusterleaf said:

Oh wow. That makeup artist should be fired then... the heavily penciled eyebrows are no good.

The dark heavy penciled photo on the left is Danielle's own work.  The photo on the right is the makeup artist's work.  I thought her brows looked good there.  

• Love 2

princelina,  Bangs are "out of style"? Never! For one thing, they are acknowledged as a way to add "youth" to a face. For another,  apparently in 2018 bangs are "trendy"!

https://www.instyle.com/hair/bangs/2018-bangs-haircut-trends-ideas

https://www.refinery29.com/2018-hair-ideas-trends

https://www.southernliving.com/fashion-beauty/hairstyles/popular-hairstyles-2018

Conclusion: Danielle needs bangs!

Edited by LennieBriscoe
  • Love 2
7 hours ago, LennieBriscoe said:

princelina,  Bangs are "out of style"? Never! For one thing, they are acknowledged as a way to add "youth" to a face. For another,  apparently in 2018 bangs are "trendy"!

https://www.instyle.com/hair/bangs/2018-bangs-haircut-trends-ideas

https://www.refinery29.com/2018-hair-ideas-trends

https://www.southernliving.com/fashion-beauty/hairstyles/popular-hairstyles-2018

Conclusion: Danielle needs bangs!

I can't argue with any of that :). But the question was "Why am I seeing so many high foreheads" and the answer is that among young people bangs are not fashionable.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, princelina said:

I can't argue with any of that :). But the question was "Why am I seeing so many high foreheads" and the answer is that among young people bangs are not fashionable.

Maybe the adderall epidemic has rendered the youth bald? After all, it's just tiny doses of amphetamines, right? IDK. Then again, Danielle seems more into downers than uppers so?

Then again Amber's hair is falling out and she has a nonexistent forehead. I have no explanation then. Except to say regardless of imperfections,  all these fame whores thought themselves attractive enough for D-list reality TV cameras (& I'm sure social media though I'm not on it) so they must have high enough opinions of themselves, warts and all.

Edited by Kdawg82
Adding
  • Love 1
On 10/19/2018 at 2:01 PM, princelina said:

Actually it's true that the Millennial generation is losing its hair at a younger age.  In women this can manifest itself in a receding hairline making their foreheads look higher.  Theories abound as to why, including increased stress, diet, and even excessive bleaching and styling.

This article explains more.

• Love 1
18 hours ago, Yeah No said:

Actually it's true that the Millennial generation is losing its hair at a younger age.  In women this can manifest itself in a receding hairline making their foreheads look higher.  Theories abound as to why, including increased stress, diet, and even excessive bleaching and styling.

This article explains more.

I think a case could be made for increased stress among Millenials. They live in a world where selfies, fake boobs, enlanged butts, and (at least) minor "enhancement" medical procedures to people's faces are the norm. "Just being yourself" really isn't an acceptable option. People notice every little thing, and everyone is a critic!

There is also the issue of what they eat. Hair is essentially made of pure protein and connective tissue. If breakfast is a green 'health' shake and lunch is half a banana, that's not gonna qualify to help strengthen and grow hair. 

Edited by Crazy Bird Lady
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, Crazy Bird Lady said:

I think a case could be made for increased stress among Millenials. They live in a world where selfies, fake boobs, enlanged butts, and (at least) minor "enhancement" medical procedures to people's faces are the norm. "Just being yourself" really isn't an acceptable option. People notice every little thing, and everyone is a critic!

There is also the issue of what they eat. Hair is essentially made of pure protein and connective tissue. If breakfast is a green 'health' shake and lunch is half a banana, that's not gonna qualify to help strengthen and grow hair. 

There is something positive in knowing and accepting you will never look like a Kardashian, Rihanna, Beyoncé, etc.. There is freedom from trying to reach those #goals. But considering some people think they can and are willing to do anything to look like them (plastic surgery to look like someone who had plastic surgery? Kardashian). It has to be stressful. You would think that by the time you’re 30 you know magazines are airbrushed to death and that’s Beyonce actually has cellulite and stretch marks but I guess not.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, scruffy73 said:

There is something positive in knowing and accepting you will never look like a Kardashian, Rihanna, Beyoncé, etc.. There is freedom from trying to reach those #goals. But considering some people think they can and are willing to do anything to look like them (plastic surgery to look like someone who had plastic surgery? Kardashian). It has to be stressful. You would think that by the time you’re 30 you know magazines are airbrushed to death and that’s Beyonce actually has cellulite and stretch marks but I guess not.

This is veering off topic, but I don't think it's just celebrities people compare themselves to; we live in an era of "instagram models" and thousands of filters and selfies and selfie sticks and how to pose etc. I think people, especially millenials who have grown up in this instagram/twitter/snapchat era, are obsessed with how they look on social media - as proof, just look at the speculation thread for Mia's attempt at image management. 

• Love 2
6 hours ago, Ilovepie said:

This is veering off topic, but I don't think it's just celebrities people compare themselves to; we live in an era of "instagram models" and thousands of filters and selfies and selfie sticks and how to pose etc. I think people, especially millenials who have grown up in this instagram/twitter/snapchat era, are obsessed with how they look on social media - as proof, just look at the speculation thread for Mia's attempt at image management. 

I totally agree with this.  The pressure is to keep up with or outdo the "competition".  It's not how you really are but how you look to all your followers that counts.  Your life can be crap but if you can package it online in a way that makes others envy you, that becomes the goal.  So traveling to all sorts of exotic places just to have great shots of yourself to put online to impress everyone is the goal, not even having the experience for its own sake.  Trying to look fantastic in a selfie becomes the goal, even if there are consequences.  They're worth it if you can somehow manipulate your appearance in a photo to look better than life.  I think Danielle especially tries hard to look good in photos, given those crazy eyelashes she has professionally done plus those overdone brows.  Wow, when I was young the "natural look" was in and by comparison I was very low maintenance.  Just a little foundation, powder, blush, lip gloss and mascara and my own natural hair color.  No eyeliner and my brows were untouched.  (I was lucky I had perfect brows).

• Love 2
10 hours ago, Yeah No said:

Wow, when I was young the "natural look" was in and by comparison I was very low maintenance.  

You are lucky - I was a teen in the eighties - big hair and makeup applied with a trowel. I spent high school looking like Alexis Carrington ?

i agree with everything you said. It’s sad to go somewhere and everyone is looking at what’s going on from behind their phones instead of actually experiencing whatever they paid to experience!

• Love 2
On 10/16/2018 at 10:38 PM, Neurochick said:

From what I have read, Pastor Cal didn’t think too much of Tristan and hid colorist comments, but the two women experts didn’t think him being colorist mattered.  

Maybe Tristan shouldn’t have been chosen for the show.

I think Tristan wants to look good, so of course he wants to stay married, that way it’s on her.

I don't think they get it. In their minds, Tristan would like to be matched with someone less tan. 

Pastor cal realized how bad that sounds. 

• Love 2
On 10/22/2018 at 5:22 PM, Ilovepie said:

Lord yes! Everything is about image. And I get it. Hell I live it. I’m 45 still trying to get my acne under control. And you should see me trying to contour and highlight! Needless to say I don’t leave the house with my poor contouring LOL

Although I think Danielle’s eyebrows are overdone she still has a natural enough look that she doesn’t look like she is trying to be something she is not. She seems pretty confident in herself. I don’t consider getting eyelashes and brows done that big a deal unless the brows look like caterpillars and the lashes look like spiders. Lol Even Mia seems pretty natural around the house. Amber is the one insecure in her appearance even though she is absolutely beautiful. She is the prettiest of the three to me (when her hair doesn’t look fried).

I think I’ve been vocal enough about my dislike of Tristan inside and out but I just have to say that, for someone so concerned about melted butter, he sure doesn’t keep his hair tight. That dry moss on the top of his head needs some oil or hair lotion quickly. Something 

• Love 4