Jump to content
Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
WhitneyWhit

Leah Messer Simms Messer Calvert Messer: She's 23

Recommended Posts

On 5/5/2020 at 6:45 AM, Tatum said:

Shut the fuck up, Leah. For all his faults, Corey was never concerned with "proving you were a bad mother". He was concerned because you were driving around with his kids while you were high as fuck, the kids weren't being fed properly, you were meeting drug dealers on street corners at midnight with the kids in the backseat, and your kids weren't getting to school on time, or at all.

I am glad Leah got help and that she can at least admit right now she had a problem. But her vilifying Corey for stepping in to protect his kids shows she is still the same self absorbed, immature idiot with no accountability that she always has been.

I agree with this. Corey has always been a good and loving father. His actions were never about “punishing” Leah. He was a not good husband when he cheated on Miranda (obviously) but he’s not a morally corrupt person who would take a child away from a loving capable parent just because. Wtf Leah. 
 

I really think a part of her is still salty that Corey doesn’t want her any more. She never wanted him, but somewhere in the back of her mind he was the back up, and no way would he ever be with her now. I do think she liked Jeremy more than Corey and he isn’t into her either. 

  • Like 16

Share this post


Link to post

47 minutes ago, Scarlett45 said:


 

I really think a part of her is still salty that Corey doesn’t want her any more. She never wanted him, but somewhere in the back of her mind he was the back up, and no way would he ever be with her now. I do think she liked Jeremy more than Corey and he isn’t into her either. 

I don't think Leah was into either one of them. The thing she liked about both of them was how much they liked her- at least in the beginning- IMO. They both love bombed her in the beginning, and Leah took the constant attention and validation for granted. I think she wanted to keep that kind of adoration-on-tap on backburner while she continued to pursue a guy she actually was into, and it didn't work out that way.

  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post

That book seems really shitty lol.

I love how Leah tries to make Miranda seem like this bad person for wanting to be in on texts with her and Corey. You guys were banging behind her back and they just got married. Gross. Corey seems so shitty. Leah is definitely shitty.

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post

10 years later and I still can’t remember which one is Aleeah, which one is Ali and which one they inexplicably call Gracie.

Also Leah is an ass. I think I remember a scene where Corey and Miranda sat down with her in a restaurant and gently tried to insinuate that she needed some help and she shot them down. There was a lot they were trying not to say on camera in that scene to save her some face but she could not admit anything. Save us this BS of “everyone was more concerned with making me look like a bad mother than helping me.”

  • Like 14

Share this post


Link to post

Actually I really like that photo. I'm not sure if  its make up or filters but Leah looks pretty good.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post

16 hours ago, FairyDusted said:

Actually I really like that photo. I'm not sure if  its make up or filters but Leah looks pretty good.

That nose is.... 

In some angles she hides it and looks pretty. Other times it’s really out there. 

  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post

Wow I did not realize Corey had lost all his hair. I always feel sorry for guys in their 20s and 30s that have to deal with premature balding. Miranda looks beautiful though.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
10 hours ago, DangerousMinds said:

I think Miranda has had some work done.

I didn’t recognize her so I looked up recent pictures.  The ones with less make up look like the old her just thinner.  Losing weight changes the face, plus I don’t think she had anything to fix.   

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post

On 6/19/2020 at 11:30 PM, DangerousMinds said:

She had thinner lips before.

At least she didn’t over do the lips.   They are a perfect size.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

Leah admits to being addicted to pain medication in the past at .27 in the video:

 

  • Like 2
  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, galaxychaser said:

Miranda and Corey have kids together?

Yes one daughter. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
On 8/6/2020 at 3:47 PM, druzy said:

Leah admits to being addicted to pain medication in the past at .27 in the video:

 

Wow! Brianna looks amazing! I think this is the best she's ever looked!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

So, I wonder if she’s still banging her sister’s baby daddy? (This suggests that Victoria and baby daddy are still together, I have no idea if they are or not.) Against my better judgement I watched the newest episode and there was weird tension between Leah and the baby daddy. Leah has had weird sexual tension with many guys, though, including Victoria’s ex-husband. 

I’m just thinkin’ analytical.

Edited by Rebecca
  • Like 1
  • Useful 2
  • Surprise 2

Share this post


Link to post

I definitely got the impression Leah had something going on with her sister's ex, but news to me that she has something going on with the new guy, too?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
9 hours ago, Rebecca said:

So, I wonder if she’s still banging her sister’s baby daddy? (This suggests that Victoria and baby daddy are still together, I have no idea if they are or not.) Against my better judgement I watched the newest episode and there was weird tension between Leah and the baby daddy. Leah has had weird sexual tension with many guys, though, including Victoria’s ex-husband. 

I’m just thinkin’ analytical.

 

2 hours ago, Tatum said:

I definitely got the impression Leah had something going on with her sister's ex, but news to me that she has something going on with the new guy, too?

Victoria and the newest baby daddy are at least pretending to be together because he’s here on a K-1. 
 

Leah is the type that gets her entire sense of self from sexual attention and validation from men, hence she’s the prime candidate to be up for being the side chick to a man in her social circle. She’s too lazy to go out and look for men to meet this need, but I def think she would be game if a guy she knew approached her. 

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, Scarlett45 said:

 

Victoria and the newest baby daddy are at least pretending to be together because he’s here on a K-1. 
 

Leah is the type that gets her entire sense of self from sexual attention and validation from men, hence she’s the prime candidate to be up for being the side chick to a man in her social circle. She’s too lazy to go out and look for men to meet this need, but I def think she would be game if a guy she knew approached her. 

Yeah, this goes back a few seasons, but when Leah was having one of her her freak out, everyone-is-against-me tirades one season, Victoria's husband (obviously no longer in the picture) was soothing her and to me it seemed very obvious there was something going on between the two of them.

 

But I haven't watched enough to speculate if this is an ongoing "thing" with her.

Edited by Tatum
  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
7 hours ago, Scarlett45 said:

 

Victoria and the newest baby daddy are at least pretending to be together because he’s here on a K-1. 
 

Leah is the type that gets her entire sense of self from sexual attention and validation from men, hence she’s the prime candidate to be up for being the side chick to a man in her social circle. She’s too lazy to go out and look for men to meet this need, but I def think she would be game if a guy she knew approached her. 

He isn’t here yet. She said the pandemic is slowing things down. Unless that changed in the last few days. She mentioned on Tuesday he was not here. 

5 hours ago, Tatum said:

Yeah, this goes back a few seasons, but when Leah was having one of her her freak out, everyone-is-against-me tirades one season, Victoria's husband (obviously no longer in the picture) was soothing her and to me it seemed very obvious there was something going on between the two of them.

 

But I haven't watched enough to speculate if this is an ongoing "thing" with her.

I remember that. 

Edited by Mkay
  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post

23 minutes ago, Mkay said:

He isn’t here yet. She said the pandemic is slowing things down. Unless that changed in the last few days. She mentioned on Tuesday he was not here. 

I remember that. 

Oh he’s not here yet- thanks. But they have a K-1 in progress yes?

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Scarlett45 said:

Oh he’s not here yet- thanks. But they have a K-1 in progress yes?

As far as I know something is in progress. It’s just taking longer because of Covid and something else she mentioned. I can’t remember. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
16 minutes ago, Mkay said:

As far as I know something is in progress. It’s just taking longer because of Covid and something else she mentioned. I can’t remember. 

I’m 99% sure it’s a K-1. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
On 9/17/2020 at 5:44 AM, zenme said:

Omg. Was Leah sleeping with Roger?

It’s just my impression based on their interactions. She was way too flirty and not acting like he was her sister’s boyfriend.

I really think Leah has no idea how to interact with a guy in a nonsexual way. She couldn’t stop banging Robbie. She kept going back between Jeremy and Cory. She cheated on Jeremy with Cory and I’m sure she cheated with Jeremy on Cory too. She can’t just coparent with Jeremy without sleeping with him unless one or both of them are in a relationship. This would probably be happening with Cory too if it weren’t for Miranda. It already did once even with Miranda.

Have we ever seen Leah act platonically with even one guy who wasn’t her brother or stepdad? She doesn’t even act “normally” towards her sister’s “men.” It’s really sad. Like @Tatum said, her validation is through guys. Any guy around, IMO.

EDIT: Also, “thinkin’ analytical” is what Leah said in the episode. Them ain’t my brilliant words. 😂 

Edited by Rebecca
  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Rebecca said:

Have we ever seen Leah act platonically with even one guy who wasn’t her brother or stepdad?

I really don't think so. Even if she was not interested in a certain guy, I could see her feeling like if he's a single, hetero guy in her orbit, and if he wasn't interested in her, it would be a dis.

 

I really think Leah places her entire worth on her looks and her ability to attract men. Maybe also being a mom, but Addie is already 7. Leah has never been able to get through any educational or career goals, so her entire identity revolves around her Teen Mom 2 life and being the local dime piece of the holler. I foresee a major identity crisis when she hits 30. And 40 is going to be traumatic for her I bet.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post

Yes. My armchair psychologist analysis is that she was molested as a child. Her currency and value is, in her   mind, her sexuality. She’s no longer taking opioids, but I think she still needs to see a therapist. 

  • Like 5
  • Useful 2

Share this post


Link to post

2 hours ago, zenme said:

Yes. My armchair psychologist analysis is that she was molested as a child. Her currency and value is, in her   mind, her sexuality. She’s no longer taking opioids, but I think she still needs to see a therapist. 

I would hope not- for Leah’s sake, but sadly lots of kids are molested. It’s a possibility. 
 

But I think it’s more likely she’s just intellectually and emotionally lazy born into a culture that values being thin and white and blonde (which she is)- so she’s working with what she’s got. Because Leah isn’t really that much to look at (outside of the 3 things above). Her looks were never going to be an income earner or change her social status. TM2 was lightening in a bottle for her. 

17 hours ago, Tatum said:

Leah has never been able to get through any educational or career goals, so her entire identity revolves around her Teen Mom 2 life and being the local dime piece of the holler.

Yes. If TM2 hadn’t if happened she would’ve tried to stay married to Corey so she wouldn’t have to work a low skill job. 
 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
15 minutes ago, Scarlett45 said:

 

But I think it’s more likely she’s just intellectually and emotionally lazy born into a culture that values being thin and white and blonde (which she is)-
 

Well, she's not a natural blond :).

Who could forget that crispy brown with white highlights and flat ironed bangs mess she sported on her original 16 and pregnant?

  • Like 4
  • Laugh 6

Share this post


Link to post

From The Sun:   

A West Virginia court exclusively confirmed to The Sun that Leah, 28, was hit with a state tax lien in the amount of $31, 510 on July 24, 2020. 

The clerk of court confirmed the Teen Mom 2 star has not paid off the debt. 

The debt comes after The Sun previously reported Leah was slapped with a federal tax lien for $123, 841 on July 8, 2019.

The clerk of court confirmed the mom of three has also not paid off the amount. 

https://www.the-sun.com/entertainment/1797241/teen-mom-leah-messer-owes-state-taxes-struggles-pay-federal-taxes

 

  • Surprise 5

Share this post


Link to post

I would estimate that these tax amounts are on roughly $500,000-$600,000 of income, based on 5% West Virginia and 20% Federal.  I'm sure that MTV has been issuing 1099s to her for years, so this must be other-than-Teen-Mom income, and I'm guessing some sort of social media income, like endorsements?  Yikes.

 

  • Like 1
  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post
On 11/15/2020 at 12:16 AM, StatisticalOutlier said:

I would estimate that these tax amounts are on roughly $500,000-$600,000 of income, based on 5% West Virginia and 20% Federal.  I'm sure that MTV has been issuing 1099s to her for years, so this must be other-than-Teen-Mom income, and I'm guessing some sort of social media income, like endorsements?  Yikes.

 

Is it possible this is several years combined? Like if she did not pay taxes in 2017-2018? Otherwise, I know The Ashley estimated Jenelle made around $90,000 just posting ads on her SM pages several years back- she didn't even have to endorse it or use it, just publish it and leave it up for a month. Leah may have received some advance money for her book, but I doubt that was even in the 6 figure range. I have been able to look at a few book contracts for my work, and I doubt Leah got more than mid 5 figures as an advance, and even that is pushing it. I am sure that number also includes penalties and interest, but maybe not a significant portion.

 

The other reason I think it must be multiple years is that it is weird to me Leah would diligently pay her taxes every year, and then randomly just skip one year and still not have paid it 16 months later.

  • Like 1
  • Useful 2

Share this post


Link to post
5 hours ago, Tatum said:

Is it possible this is several years combined?

Oh, sorry.  I assume it's for more than one year--that she's never reported her non-Teen-Mom money and it's now catching up to her.  And that it includes interest and penalties.

It's still a LOT of money, to me, especially if it's in addition to her Teen Mom moola.  And the federal lien is probably for taxes owed well before that, and the way "influencing" has gone, she's no doubt making even more these days.

Definitely too much, if you consider her contribution to society.

But wait--is she still a member of that cult?  I assume the money she makes from people she recruits would be income.  So maybe it's not just social media.  I can't decide if I'm relieved or not.

  • Like 1
  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post

27 minutes ago, StatisticalOutlier said:

Oh, sorry.  I assume it's for more than one year--that she's never reported her non-Teen-Mom money and it's now catching up to her.  And that it includes interest and penalties.

It's still a LOT of money, to me, especially if it's in addition to her Teen Mom moola.  And the federal lien is probably for taxes owed well before that, and the way "influencing" has gone, she's no doubt making even more these days.

Definitely too much, if you consider her contribution to society.

But wait--is she still a member of that cult?  I assume the money she makes from people she recruits would be income.  So maybe it's not just social media.  I can't decide if I'm relieved or not.

Oh, I assumed her TM salary was in that mix, but maybe not. $500 or $600K wouldn't be enough if it were multiple years. I mean, I suppose theoretically she could have just not paid her taxes in 2017 or 2018 (like she just didn't file), but even someone as dim as Leah had to know that would easily catch up to her. I am guessing you are correct and that's years of SM and other ancillary income she did not see fit to report.

 

I don't think she gets any (taxable) income from recruiting people to the cult. Her MLM, sure, but she hasn't bothered with that in years. Maybe she tried to write off "donations" to her cult to lower her standard taxable income and the IRS said no way?

 

I wouldn't mess around with this, Leah. Unlike Amber from TMOG, you actually have assets.

  • Like 4
  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post
22 hours ago, Tatum said:

I don't think she gets any (taxable) income from recruiting people to the cult. Her MLM, sure, but she hasn't bothered with that in years. Maybe she tried to write off "donations" to her cult to lower her standard taxable income and the IRS said no way?

Oops.  I conflated the cult and her MLM scheme. 

So this income she's being dinged for now probably is social media money.  And doesn't include the last couple of years.  I wonder if social media income is reported to the IRS by the payer, like via a 1099 (what MTV does for what they pay her).  Not reporting income that's on 1099s, which are sent to the IRS by the payers would be an easy way to get caught. 

But surely she's familiar with 1099s by this point, having received them from MTV for a decade now.

 

22 hours ago, Tatum said:

I wouldn't mess around with this, Leah. Unlike Amber from TMOG, you actually have assets.

Excellent point.  And honestly, with this kind of money rolling in, can't she afford to buy an extra willchair?  One for school and one for home.  Hell, one for school and one for her home and one for Corey's.  Seems like a luxury, but since they're not willing to transport the school one to use elsewhere, probably more like a necessity.  I wonder what Dr. Tsao would recommend.

  • Like 2
  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, Mkay said:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CHtOfKAFCru/?igshid=1ch0zpc9r433
Be sure to click this link.  I don’t know why it isn’t showing up  

I hate this large eyebrow fad. Her nose looks so different in both pictures. 

EFBD8A31-36A6-443C-BD99-A0C203D68BC1.jpeg

In the first pic, she strangely looks like Maci. 
I also hate the blocky eyebrow trend. I have nothing against full brows, but this always looks like someone stenciled the eyebrows on their face with a sharpie. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post

On 11/17/2020 at 10:37 PM, ilovebeaarthur said:

In the first pic, she strangely looks like Maci. 
I also hate the blocky eyebrow trend. I have nothing against full brows, but this always looks like someone stenciled the eyebrows on their face with a sharpie. 

Well she probably did 

  • Laugh 4

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...

Customize font-size