Type keyword(s) to search

Jesus God, Leah!!

• Start Topic

If Leah with her massive social media following is only pulling $1700 for two months, that ain't something to be proud of.  If every shitty lip stick is $25 that means she has only racked up (about) 68 sales.  Not sure why she thinks that is an achievement, all things considered, not even 2 grand for 2 months isn't really that impressive. 

When you consider her social media following she is hardly #businesswoman if she has 1.2 million followers and can only drag 68 sales out of that in two months.  Especially when the first two months are when people will be interested in buying, no one gives a rat's arse 6 months in when a new shade of peach/rose/ugly comes out.  She really should have capitalised on the first few months and I seriously doubt that those checks are going to get bigger. 

There is so many stupid people on her page that she should be rolling in the cash but she couldn't even do that. 

• Love 11

Leah kills me. We see her on the show every week singing the same sad song over and over again. "I'm so overwhelmed! (Insert girlses name here) is off with Corey/Jermy/my mom/random relative but I'm still so overwhelmed, it's all so much.

She's demonstrated she can't even handle the girlses as a SAHM. So now on top of that, she goes to school AND she wants to do MLM makeup again? This from the girl that can't keep a boatload of crap out of her van, can't be bothered to clean her house or feed her girlses properly and now she wants to run a home-based business too. It's like that old saying "jack of all trades but master of none".

To really make a success of that makeup business, she needs to invest a lot of time. Sales is a lot of hard work, no matter what the product is, it's very time-consuming. Sadly, I see her gung-ho at the outset, then it'll fade away again once she sees the level of involvement it takes. Future stacks of stuff sitting around the house to add to her ever-growing pile of crapola, along with the barely used notebooks/school supplies she so recently crowed about. SMDH.

• Love 10
2 hours ago, Miss Chevious said:

Leah kills me. We see her on the show every week singing the same sad song over and over again. "I'm so overwhelmed! (Insert girlses name here) is off with Corey/Jermy/my mom/random relative but I'm still so overwhelmed, it's all so much.

She's demonstrated she can't even handle the girlses as a SAHM. So now on top of that, she goes to school AND she wants to do MLM makeup again? This from the girl that can't keep a boatload of crap out of her van, can't be bothered to clean her house or feed her girlses properly and now she wants to run a home-based business too. It's like that old saying "jack of all trades but master of none".

To really make a success of that makeup business, she needs to invest a lot of time. Sales is a lot of hard work, no matter what the product is, it's very time-consuming. Sadly, I see her gung-ho at the outset, then it'll fade away again once she sees the level of involvement it takes. Future stacks of stuff sitting around the house to add to her ever-growing pile of crapola, along with the barely used notebooks/school supplies she so recently crowed about. SMDH.

This x 100. 

For someone who doesn't have her kids 100 percent of the time, it is a good thing for her to have her time to venture into some side business, school, something that will keep her mind busy and give her some self-worth that doesn't involve dick, drugs or scams. The problem with Leah is, she will always crying about being stressed and overwhelmed.

What happened to her narcolepsy?

Now she is posting she can't sleep? Will she claim she now suffers from insomnia?

Edited by GreatKazu
  • Love 7
1 hour ago, MargeGunderson said:

Not to mention what she had to pay for the product itself. Anyone know if she has to purchase inventory up front?

I know with Mary Kay you purchase upfront and it's on you to unload your inventory, but I'm not sure about LipSense. 

• Love 1

I saw the preview clip for next week's episode where Leah is sitting on her porch complaining about Jeremy to Grandma Sandy (guess they couldn't get anybody else to listen to her so they're down to Grandma). 

All I could think of after seeing that was, wow, she looks rough. Snorting all those pillses must be tough.

• Love 8
7 hours ago, BitterApple said:

Lol, she's not even making a grand a month off this scam? I'd expect her to be doing way better considering she has a huge social media following. 

True.

Her commission is pitiful considering how many followers she has on Twitter alone.

Then again, how many of those followers are legit? How many have money to spend on that crappy lipstick? How many are people who wear lipstick? This is like Amber's Forever High. 

• Love 4

Ok,  I read the Senegence compensation plan. You make money two ways- the difference between retail and wholesale of the products you sell, and a percentage of the profits (not the sales) of your "team" below you. Also, if your team has a team, you get a percentage of those profits too. And if your team's team's team gets a team, you get a percentage of those profits. It goes 5 levels deep (which means Leah probably has 4 levels above her).  Since I don't think Leah has a team yet, the $1700 she made is probably the difference between what she sold and what she paid. 

Wholesale is anywhere from 20-50% off (the higher the dollar value the higher the discount). You do not have to purchase ahead of time, but that is how you make a huge profit. If you make a very large purchase from the company, you get a 50% discount.   

So, if this is entirely her profit, not commission, her sales are somewhere between $3400 and $9,000. I don't know if payments to her upper levels comes from that- if so, then either the $1700 is before she pays her sponsors, or if it's after, her total sales were probably double- $6,800 to $18,000. If we figure an average of $30, that's about 220-600 items sold in 2 months. 

I will cut her some slack over her excitement about her $850 a month job. It's the first money she's ever earned  (via legal activities). I mean, I guess she did work for about 5 min at the tanning salon, but after social security and FICA she prob walked away with 8 bucks. 

Edited by Tatum
  • Love 6
33 minutes ago, Tatum said:

Wholesale is anywhere from 20-50% off (the higher the dollar value the higher the discount). You do not have to purchase ahead of time, but that is how you make a huge profit. If you make a very large purchase from the company, you get a 50% discount.   

So, if this is entirely her profit, not commission, her sales are somewhere between $3400 and $9,000. I don't know if payments to her upper levels comes from that- if so, then either the $1700 is before she pays her sponsors, or if it's after, her total sales were probably double- $6,800 to $18,000. If we figure an average of $30, that's about 220-600 items sold in 2 months. 

I <3 math, thanks for the calcs! ??? I'd bet it's the higher end number of sales.

Don't forget to add in the initial investment, the time she has to physically pack the orders and mail, store the crap in her house (I'm sure the girlses got into some of it, plus what she used personally), AND pay independent contractor taxes (your half, plus employers portion of FICA, etc.) and income taxes on this (if she's not actually netting $0).

Plus it's not a check, so it was probably an email saying she's earned this much and she can apply it to the next order for an additional discount, meaning she hasn't actually seen a dime!  I hate watching the girls get scammed. 

It honestly would be so much easier to get a part time job.  4 hours a day while the girls are in school, at $10 a hour would be the same pay over 8 weeks, no risk, no money up front.  There are legit work from home jobs too.  Hell, she could sell "have a celebrity record your voicemail message" for $20 and probably make more!

• Love 6
3 hours ago, TaxNerd said:

It honestly would be so much easier to get a part time job.  4 hours a day while the girls are in school, at $10 a hour would be the same pay over 8 weeks, no risk, no money up front

But she has zero job skills plus she's really dumb.  What job could she even do?  Walmart greeter, I suppose? But you still have to show up on time for that and not be on your cell phone while you're there.

• Love 4
23 hours ago, poopchute said:

Who the fuck posts their salary/paychecks online like this?  Jesus this girl is fucking tacky.

Didn't she once brag about how much Germy made? Posted the actual amount online?

22 hours ago, SPLAIN said:

I sure as hell don't miss Mama Dawn. I am glad they have kept her away from the cameras.

Amen. And add Lee to that Amen as well.

• Love 3
On 2/18/2017 at 1:19 PM, ghoulina said:

Didn't she once brag about how much Germy made? Posted the actual amount online?

Leah did brag about his earnings. She forgot that he needed to actually work in order to bring home those earnings. She seemed to think money was just being put in his pocket.

• Love 8
On 2/17/2017 at 2:19 PM, guilfoyleatpp said:

If it gets the pillses she will!

Also, less than $2000 for two months? yikes.

For the average person, $1000/month is pretty awesome. I've been approached to do Rodan and Fields, after doing some research on my own, I saw that the average beginners salary is something like $200/month. I declined the offer from my friend ;)  Similar beginning payout with Monat. Of course, you need to maintain sales if you want another cheque, let alone a bigger cheque. Anyhoo, if one of her dumb followers see her cheque without considering how much exposure Leah gets, she could totally suck someone onto her team. Said person would be wildly disappointed to not jumpstart at earning a thousand.

I wonder how much Kail makes with her Scentsy? I imagine she's doing better.

Edited by iheartla
  • Love 1
10 hours ago, monicageller said:

It's dinner time in the holler, y'all!

Untitled.jpg

If it weren't for my low carb diet I'd totally try this so I can't hate on it. I'm just glad that the girl is eating - too skinny. I just hope her kids didn't get any of this. Lol.

Edited by Calm81
  • Love 3

So it's Dorito pie instead of Frito pie. Not that weird at all. Not a bit healthy either. We have indulged in Frito pie before at my house, so I'm not some super healthy food snob. But I'm sure this dish is typical of the type of fare she makes on a nightly basis. When she bothers to make anything at all. 

• Love 4
27 minutes ago, ghoulina said:

So it's Dorito pie instead of Frito pie. Not that weird at all. Not a bit healthy either. We have indulged in Frito pie before at my house, so I'm not some super healthy food snob. But I'm sure this dish is typical of the type of fare she makes on a nightly basis. When she bothers to make anything at all. 

Exactly. This is likely a dish that appears frequently on the menu. 

• Love 2
18 hours ago, heatherchandler said:

I'm with you on this-- I'm not seeing cute.  Bug-eyed a little bit.  Babies are all sweet, but not necessarily cute.  

Addie looks like a 40 year old.  (I'm 40 so I can say that)

Addie looks like a 40 year old alien with blonde hair.

• Love 5
6 hours ago, ghoulina said:

I am surprised it isn't a Cheeto pie.

• Love 10
12 hours ago, monicageller said:

I've never seen or heard of such a dish, but I guess it's a lot more normal than I thought! Sorry guys.

/off to Google 'Frito pie'

Frito pie is good.  But check this out: http://sweetiepetitti.blogspot.com/2011/04/happy-joes-taco-pizza.html

I usually make my own pizza dough but I've been known to just buy a couple Boboli crusts to make this happen.  It's like an event at our house.  If I haven't seen my oldest son in a couple of weeks, I just text him "taco pizza tonight" and he will be right here.  ?

• Love 4

Sorry, but girls in baseball caps, in general, look like they're either in the witness protection program (ETA) OR they're trying to look famous by not looking famous. I bet she wears it to hide from the one paparazzo in her town, but she's wearing it to make sure he gets her snaps and she looks like she's trying to be low key. Baseball caps only make people go "Why the fuck is that woman wearing a baseball cap?"

And stop with these "Don't I look awful......ly nice today?" posts, you asshole. I can only think of two things when I see that dorito pie. One, if that chili weren't Hormel and were instead MY chili (which is tremendous), and you turned back the clock to when I was 25 and smoking enough weed to join a reggae band, that would have been FULLY ON. Now at 41, I look at it and go "Whoa with that sodium." Still, as a weekend smoker, I bet I'll try to do something that's a variation one of these days. That is how the nutella and berry waffle sandwich was born, after all. 

Second: between that pie and her tummy bloat shakes, she's going to be on the toilet with a quickness. Please don't snap chat that shit. 

Edited by Uncle JUICE
  • Love 12
1 hour ago, CofCinci said:

I'm telling y'all, this blue hat is her new dude's and this is her way of shouting out to him. 

I would normally agree, but she snap chatted her buying it. Seriously.  ? These girls Snapchat everything!

Oh noooo, poor doggy. My first personally owned pet was a Boxer (who my ex got when we split) and I just loved him to pieces. Such a good dog. I don't want to see an innocent pup neglected and mistreated by the Princess of Possum Holler. 

• Love 7
1 hour ago, Mkay said:

I would normally agree, but she snap chatted her buying it. Seriously.  ? These girls Snapchat everything!

If she snapped something as mundane as buying a blue hat, that further supports my thesis that it's for a dude. I bet he has a blue hat too. 

• Love 3
2 hours ago, MargeGunderson said:

"I should've just did my hair?" Leah clearly is not paying attention in her remedial English class.

What's sad is that bad grammar is almost a dialect there. I grew up in WV and most of my family lives there (I hightailed it out of there at 18 and they all still think I'm nuts for leaving). I have a cousin who is a high level nurse who constantly writes shit on FB like "I thought I seen you there!". Drives me crazy, and she's one of the more educated people in the area (we only have about a 10% college graduation rate in the state). The undereducated people...well, let's just say I can barely decipher their FB posts at all. It's super sad and embarrassing.

• Love 8

These posts make me alternately really sorry for her, and also really frustrated with her. She is a 24 year old barely literate woman with virtually no coping skills, no employable skills, no hobbies- her only interest in this world is being told how pretty she is. She has no interest in being complimented on her intelligence, ambition, personality, completion of goals, education, etc- and no interest in developing any. She will cake on the makeup, fry her hair with bleach and extensions, take dozens of selfies until she gets a flattering shot, then post it and probably constantly refresh her page waiting for compliments on how pretty she is from people who have never met her in real life. And she can maybe do this for another 5 years- another 5 years of smoking, tanning, sleeping in eye makeup, dehydration, poor diet, and not even the biggest starstruck kiss-ass will be able to post that Leah is "so byutifull". And then what will she do? She has absolutely nothing else to hang her hat on.

• Love 16