Type keyword(s) to search

S27.E06: Week 4: Trios Night

• Start Topic

The 10 remaining celebrities discover that two may be company, but three is definitely not a crowd as former show stars, as well as some newbies, join the couples for trio dances. One couple is eliminated.

Airs October 15, 2018.

Oh, well that's awful. It does suck but Brandon didn't have the fanbase, and neither did Tinashe. I didn't think they'd go home THIS early. Damn. 

I'm glad it wasn't Evanna/Keo, but still, sorry for the fans that really wanted Tinashe and Brandon to break the mould. Blame Bachelor Nation fans for this.

• Love 15

Damn it, it hurts my heart to see Joey Fatone looking so old. I wouldn't have recognized him at first if I didn't already know he was supposed to be there.

Grocery Store Joe and Jenna and the other Bachelor guy....there actually aren't words for what that was, but the other guy's inability to get his shirt off through his overalls somehow wasn't the worst part of that whole experience.

• Love 22

When they announced the two couples in jeopardy, I was sure Evanna was going home.  I'm sorry Tinashe went home, but I've been pulling for Evanna.  She's the only contestant I've ever voted for (even though they threw out those votes!).

• Love 6

I can't watch another week of the dumpster fire of Bachelor Nation dancing.  It's not bad enough that he is so boring that there is nothing memorable in his life except Kendall.   But to add Jordan, a shower and a whole lot of awkwardness and have Tinashe eliminated makes me stabby.

I.

Just.

Cannot.

• Love 21

A night of bullshit topped by an absolute bullshit elimination. America, learn to fucking vote.

I blame the Bachelor freaks. There is no way that Grocery Store Joe (which is a shitty nickname to boot) should have stayed over anyone, least of all Tinashe. It didn't help that she had the new pro and the new pro never has the voting base but still. Bull.

Although Tinashe did look gorgeous in that red. Girl can rock that colour. I'm jealous.

• Love 14

All I can say is that the show was really trying to push for a Joe/Jenna elimination here. The judges know he sucks, the show doesn't want him around, and he keeps getting low scores where it won't be incredibly mean. But I think, at this point, they NEED to start giving him 3s and 4s to try to get him to go home, or else he's making it to the finale. He's only going to get more and more people eliminated over him, people that deserve to stay more. I have a feeling Tinashe was only the first of many.

• Love 15

These trios are very weird. There are very varying skill levels in these trio additions and I don’t see how it’s fair at all. Or how it even makes sense. None of these additions were popular enough to gain additional viewers so why? Stick with eliminated pros or troupe members, period. And it’s so early for this. Trio being the only dance instead of the second dance of the night? I really don’t understand what’s going on but here we go.

Juan Pablo and Cheryl - Juan Pablo getting an attitude and telling Cheryl what they should be doing instead will barely be a blip on the radar, but if a woman dared to do that? Lol. We would never hear the end of it. Well danced but very boring. I agreed with Carrie Ann. Big letdown from last week. Early 10s are a curse. There’s nowhere to go but down.

Tinashe and Brandon - This was very cute and fun. The theme was kind of corny but I liked the costuming. Brandon did a wonderful job with the choreography and Amy danced very well. The three of them were extremely cohesive.

John and Emma - I’ll be honest and say this is the first time I’ve seen them dance. I’m always out of the room or just tuned out when they dance. Emma choreographed a beautiful routine. I enjoyed watching it. I think I missed the error in the beginning but I’ll take everyone’s word for it. 

The trio with Gleb, Artem and Val was hot.

Evanna and Keo - In the little opening dance thingy where all the couples were introduced I noticed that Scarlet, my dear Slytherin sister,  was umm...probably not gonna be the greatest dancer.  You could see her counting every beat in her head and I was terrified of what would come. Scarlet ended up doing a very respectable job and Evanna gets better and better every week. Evanna has SUCH an infectious personality and she truly makes me smile. I thought the routine was super cute if not a bit bland. There were probably limitations this week for a lot of groups. I saw it here.

Demarcus and Lindsay - I’m tired of seeing Rashad in association with this show. He’s really trying to turn his DWTS win into a career and I’m over it. I didn’t like this at all. Lindsay is better than this stale football themed routine. It lacked the precision and intensity a paso doble needs. Very lazy arms, horrible shaping and so much more. Funny that this same exact dancing from Rashad was good enough to win the mirror ball a couple years ago but it wasn’t good enough tonight. I’ve been watching this show too long because the judges said literally everything I was thinking while watching lol.

Mary Lou and Sasha - Umm wow? This was very unexpectedly amazing. The best of the night so far, by far. Amazing choreography, beautifully danced and so enjoyable to watch. Nastia looks very different.

Milo and Witney - Ryker is one of my favorite contestants of all time so I was excited to see him. As if Milo and Witney needed any more firepower lol. I was looking forward to this trio as soon as it was announced and it did not disappoint. The new best dance of the night. This was perfection. Everything you want from a trio. I want an All Stars so Ryker can come back and compete, seriously. Give them ALL THE TENS.

Speaking of All Stars, I feel like next season definitely should be that. Ratings are dropping and this could give a much needed boost. It would be fun to FINALLY add some different elements on a trial basis like a judges save and even bring back some old pros. The struggle for celebs is obvious the past couple of seasons so reaching back into the past contestant pool would give producers some help.

Joe and Jenna - I think I’m the only one here who likes Jenna so it makes me sad to say that this was painful to get through on multiple levels. “Jenna you get MVP.” Seriously. America, pls. Put my girl out of her misery and send Joe home. The limitations in this routine were so obvious. I feared for her life with the lifts. It’s a mess. A disaster. Enough.

Alexis and Alan - I’m enjoying Alexis quite a bit on this show. Unfortunately, this was just okay for me. The music and lights could very well fool you into thinking the routine was better and more entertaining than it actually was. It was performed well enough though. Agree with the 8s.

I can’t believe I agree with the judges so much lately. I’m starting to feel gross.

Bobby and Sharna - This was pure fun lol. Sharna tends to do well with these types of contestants in these routines. He’s not going anywhere but I’ll continue to enjoy these routines as long as he’s here...until he begins to overstay his welcome. 

Did not expect this bottom two. At all. I am absolutely shocked. But I shouldn’t be. Wow. I don’t even know what to say. I’ll rant about this somewhere but not here for various reasons. Possibly on Twitter.

• Love 12

Witney's choreography is really top notch.   She knows how to travel the floor, what looks good on TV and how to blend entertainment with the dance.  Sure it helps she got 2 kids who can dance but she's also evolving as a coach.   That's nice to see.

• Love 14

Welp, I'd like to retract my entire post from last week saying that Tinashe must have only been middle of the pack and it was only a wake up call for her fans. Damn. This show's voting public (much like AI's middle to late year run of WGWG's)  has just skewed so drastically against females at least in the early weeks that it's basically an unfair fight unless you happen to have one of the popular male pro's.....which are who exactly?

What would it have taken to vote Joe off? I'm not sure if three one's would've done it at this point.

Edited by PhD-Purgatory15
  • Love 11

Yes Joe sucks, but how crappy was it of TPTB to give him a third with no dance or performance experience?  And I think he’d love to go home if the fans would let him    

My fave is Milo.   I usually don’t like the kids because they can be full of themselves but he’s a great combo of talent and fun.

• Love 14
2 minutes ago, HappyDancex2 said:

Witney's choreography is really top notch.   She knows how to travel the floor, what looks good on TV and how to blend entertainment with the dance.  Sure it helps she got 2 kids who can dance but she's also evolving as a coach.   That's nice to see.

Actually it was a rip of Lindsay's Salsa from last season. 

• Love 3

Unfortunatly not shocked because every damn season we see shitty ass men last over compentant females. (Joe and Bobby im looking at you). 

I try and try by throwing my little ole votes to all women. Damn this show. 

As for the travaesty that was the Joe routine, I actually put my hands over my eyes a few times. It was that bad.

Riker is so good I’m not sure it really helped Milo. Lol And Whitney should wear that color blue more. She looked gorgeous. 

• Love 8
Just now, DEL901 said:

Yes Joe sucks, but how crappy was it of TPTB to give him a third with no dance or performance experience?  And I think he’d love to go home if the fans would let him    

My fave is Milo.   I usually don’t like the kids because they can be full of themselves but he’s a great combo of talent and fun.

I don't like Milo. He's full of himself and he's flat footed. 

• Love 1

Okay, so those results are complete bullpucky. Even more sucky because Tinashe's dance tonight was awesome. Dang. 

Alongside Tinashe, I loved Milo, Alexis, and Mary Lou's dances tonight (Mary Lou's was super cute and fun). I also enjoyed Alexis and Maddie teasing Alan :D. 

The music during John's dance sounded like something I'd hear in some diamond commercial. I kept expecting them to pull out a sparkly diamond at some point :p. Also, I did not see DeMarcus' broken finger, because I figured they'd probably show it at some point during that segment, so I turned away before it got to that point. I remember seeing my sister's broken wrist when we were kids and that's all the more I need to see of broken bones. 

Anywho, so yeah. Poo on those results. 

• Love 4

The minute that they announced Keo/Evanna and Tinashe/Brandon in jeopardy, I cussed and changed the channel.  Such bullshit, show.  TPTB need to get a grip on this somehow but I don’t know how.  I came here to see who was eliminated (outrageous if either left, I might add).

On a brighter note, I was surprised how much I loved the trios’ dances.  They were creative and a lot of fun and there were some VERY good trios.  That doesn’t seem easy.

Edited by MerBearHou
  • Love 5

this is absolutely outrageous. i’m not surprised they did this to tinashe. they never want to see the best dancer win. i am shocked and furious. she has officially joined normani, sabrina bryan, brandy, heather morris, mel b, zendaya, simone, christina millian, and lil kim in the robbed hall of fame. even when you are the most consistent, it still ain’t enough. 

• Love 10
1 minute ago, tedd said:

this is absolutely outrageous. i’m not surprised they did this to tinashe. they never want to see the best dancer win. i am shocked and furious. she has officially joined normani, sabrina bryan, brandy, heather morris, mel b, zendaya, simone, christina millian, and lil kim in the robbed hall of fame. even when you are the most consistent, it still ain’t enough. 

Yeah, it DOES suck hard. And I know this won't be the last female to get robbed this season. I'm seeing Alexis and Evanna getting eliminated far too early as well. Evanna's already in danger (I'm surprised Mary Lou hasn't been in jeopardy yet).

• Love 4
16 minutes ago, LexieLily said:

Grocery Store Joe and Jenna and the other Bachelor guy....there actually aren't words for what that was, but the other guy's inability to get his shirt off through his overalls somehow wasn't the worst part of that whole experience.

Bruno's response to that said it all, pretty much. It's a real shame, too, 'cause with a decent trio, that kind of dance could've been really fun. 

17 minutes ago, Callaphera said:

Although Tinashe did look gorgeous in that red. Girl can rock that colour. I'm jealous.

Hell, yes. 

• Love 3

Absolutely incensed that except for John in Week 1, not a single male celebrity has been in Jeopardy. 

At the rate we're going, all of the women will be eliminated and it will be an all-male competition. 

Now that being said, I loved Milo and Juan Pablo. I was disappointed in DeMarcus's dance. Mary Lou keeps improving.

Edited by madpsych78
  • Love 5

I enjoyed a LOT of the dancing tonight...BUT Grocery Store Joe's dance was the first I laughed through...and not in the way, they intended..My gawd, that was bad...the only thing that could have made it worse was if the band has sung "I'm Too Sexy"....just no words....and even when Bruno says "That was a unique experience" after all that beefcake normally turns him on..you know you did bad....

Joe should just drop out...when Bobby Bones dances better than you..just drop out...

Sad that Tinashe went home..while not a favorite of mine, I think she deserved the semi-finals at least...My favorites of the night were Mary Lou and John Schneider...Demarcus is normally one to watch but that was just too clumsy to care about...

..and I want to like Evanna but I cannot stand Keo...He always has to be the focus of every dance...and his routines are dull plus he stomps a lot...and he always looks like he's about to pass out.....

Still, Tinashe...that's no way to treat a lady...

• Love 5

I'm not sorry to see Tinashe go obviously, but I thought she'd last longer than she did. And I will say it's a travesty that she left before that idiot Bachelor. What an absolutely cringe-worthy routine that served to do nothing but allow Jenna an opportunity to do what she loves best...eyef*ck the camera.

I had absolutely zero interest in the trios with the third person who had nothing to do with the show. Whoever came up with that idea should be fired immediately. If they couldn't find three more contestants willing to participate then they should have just thrown the troupe in. Or former pros.

Oh my dear Rashad. I wanted to love it, but I just couldn't. Even with you in it.

My favorite of the night was Milo, followed by Mary Lou.....two contestants I've liked but not loved. I think Milo could take the whole thing.

I loved Bobby's routine. What child of the 80s didn't want to be MC Hammer and do that dance?

If this is what's going to happen with Bachelor contestants because of that show's fan base, then they need to stop casting these people. It's not fair to the audience, the pros or the rest of the contestants. This really isn't rocket science.

I thought Erin looked awful tonight. Even with a great body, that dress was way too tight with weird seams going down her boobs. You could see her Spanx/panty lines in it. And her slicked back ponytail just looked greasy. Considering she has a 37 member entourage with her at every show, you'd think someone would've had the balls to tell her this was not a good look.

Regarding the comment above about next season being an All Star season, I think that's the worst thing they could do. The ratings for the last All Star season were awful and the audience made it clear they want to watch the journey of someone learning to dance. They need a better quality of stars, even if it means changing things up or reverting back to some of the old ways of doing things. And yes, let's bring back some of the old pros and have a mix of old and new. One old pro a season isn't cutting it as far as bringing in audience. 

This is really turning out to be one of the most boring seasons ever. 

Edited by Toonces464
  • Love 2
19 minutes ago, LexieLily said:

Well, it gave me a good laugh, at least.

Nastia and Sasha doing Charleston made me go look for the subway-car Charleston to "Honey, I'm Good" that they did when Derek was injured. One of my favorite dances from this show.

• Love 10
19 minutes ago, Callaphera said:

A night of bullshit topped by an absolute bullshit elimination. America, learn to fucking vote.

They have learned a long time ago.  Don't vote for a cute black girl who can actually  dance ballroom and latin.  Especially if her partner's black.  

• Love 7
6 minutes ago, tedd said:

The viewers of this show absolutely hate women. They hate beautiful women even more. Beautiful women of color? HA. Forget about it.

People can be willfully obtuse about it all they want. And they wonder why their ratings in the toilet. All the good dancers are sent home before they should be and/or are given hell from the judges throughout their entire journey. Meanwhile mediocre men continue to skate by, even when they themselves dont want to be there. The show is a joke.

• Love 11

Don't blame the show. They tried to warn people last week that Tinashe didn't get a lot of votes and either her fans didn't believe she was really in the bottom or she doesn't have a lot of fans voting/watching. Shitty dancers who have rabid fanbases will continue sticking around. Do you expect things to change after 27 seasons? Take a look at twitter and see the Bachelor fans who are voting in droves and are saying Joe deserved 10s tonight for entertainment alone. Blame them if you're angry.

Demarcus' scores were some bullshit. I don't know if they are lowballing him because he's getting a ton of votes or what.

Eta: I was bracing myself for the slew of "voters hate women" comments but can I please ask not to group all of us together? Not every viewer hates attractive women. 

Edited by howmanywords
  • Love 23
4 minutes ago, ams1001 said:

Nastia and Sasha doing Charleston made me go look for the subway-car Charleston to "Honey, I'm Good" that they did when Derek was injured. One of my favorite dances from this show.

One of my favorite dances ever! I watched it during the commercial break after they danced tonight!

2 minutes ago, sinycalone said:

Most trios I've seen over the years have done the celeb no favors.  It's usually awkward and the choreo always seems forced.  What I saw tonight continued that pattern for the most part.

My favorite trio remains the Alfonso/Witney/Lindsey Paso.

• Love 10

This is Heather Morris all over again. Why does America not like to watch nice looking women dancing extremely well. 

Apparently we are good with the average joe though. 

17 minutes ago, tedd said:

All those celebs were in my top 3 their season. I'm not on the same wave length as the majority of voters it seems. 

Rooting hard for Evanna now!

Edited by Beatrice
  • Love 6

I didn't bother watching most of the show.  As a former dancer I expect some innovative entertainment not a pro ripping off another pros choreography from last season.  Or non dancers just jumping around- anyone can be that drunken jackass at a wedding. The show has officially made me turn the channel.  Never thought that would happen.  But this experiment of putting a black celebrity with a newby black pro was cruel because the show knows exactly what its doing, and it's just feeding the beast.  

• Love 4
7 minutes ago, howmanywords said:

Don't blame the show. They tried to warn people last week that Tinashe didn't get a lot of votes and either her fans didn't believe she was really in the bottom or she doesn't have a lot of fans voting/watching. Shi

I totally blame the show. They know that putting unknown Brandon with a black female would have consequences.  This show only likes blacks if they are paired with approved white people. 

• Love 4

I’m embarrassed to have watched that farmer ted/tragic mike thing Schmoe did.  He should be too, and so should his rheumy eyed “gf” and BAby Jesus and all his reindeer.  God god man.  Please quit. 

Mary Lou is someone I think of as a star.  Someone who was famous because she was fucking great at what she did to become a star, and 3 decades or so later still has that drive and energy.  It’s insulting to her to have to work her ass off while the idiot Joe gets to look like a deer in the headlights and do that stupid shrug, like he’s the rubiest cast member of Hee Haw.  Half assing it and getting paid for It while much better people go home. And I’m sick of seeing that damn anemic looking Kendall with her under eye circles in the audience .  You are not getting discovered.  Go home and stuff some damn roadkill. 

• Love 8

I was genuinely surprised when Tinashe’s name was called and I haven’t been surprised at a DWTS elimination in ages. I knew she wouldn’t have the votes to win or possibly even make the final but to go out in week four is really bad! It won’t be the last “shocking elimination” either because the girls simply don’t get the votes anymore on this show compared to the men especially when the throw in the huge fanbases of Joe and Bobby. It’s only a matter of time before Alexis follows her out the door for the same reason.

I think we’re set to see an all male finale this season. Milo is my favourite of the contestants followed by DeMarcus and I think both are locks. I’d have no problem with either of them winning. I imagine Juan Pablo will join them and the fourth will be one of Joe or Bobby depending on who has the more rabid fanbase. Maybe Evanna could knock one of them out? But she needs to start getting big scores and a big push from the judges very soon or she’ll be in trouble as well!

• Love 3

I know I’m an old fart, but I found Joe’s dance to be inappropriate. I had no idea that we were watching The Thunder From Downunder in Vegas.  And Jenna’s outfit was wayyy too close to inappropriate as you can get.  I swear we saw a flash of her ladybits when she did the splits.  

Tonight’s elimination sucks.   And this show gets suckier by the week. 

Edited by KLovestoShop
  • Love 10
Just now, rootsonrootsonroot said:

I literally never said that. Don't put words in my mouth. I'm very sad about Tinashe going home and would've preferred it to be Joe, Bobby, Mary Lou, or John.

I didn't say you said that, I simply responded to the post. 

• Love 2

I will say that I really like John. If I ignore Joey Fatone's part in the trio tonight, John and Emma had a very good dance. Now that Tinashe is gone, I'm hoping for an Alexis/Milo/Evanna final 3 but with John taking 4th place. 

Unfortunately, at this rate, it'll be Bobby, Joe, and Juan Pablo OR Demarcus in the F3. 

• Love 4

One thing I forgot to say, let’s not bring race into the debate over Tinashe’s elimination. It has absolutely nothing to do with it. Her fans aren’t the type of fans to vote on a show like this while fans of Bobby’s and Joe’s are. Simple as that really.

• Love 20

At this point, I'm not really sure what the solution is though. Only thing I can think of is to weight the judging panel even more heavily against the fan vote (and possibly replace the entire current judges panel with a new panel willing to be a little more ruthless with the weaker dancers). They scored Joe a full 6 points lower than everyone else and it still didn't matter.

As for the routines tonight:

Alan & Alexis, again I'm left wishing this was a little bit better than what it was. I'm just not really a fan of the tango in trio. Even when it's done really well...which I think they were close throughout most of the routine it still looks somewhat "janky" looking. Not really a fan of Maddy either, she seemed to come in with an agenda to be the center of attention for most of her screen time.

Milo & Witney, this was a whirling dervish of a routine. Probably about as good as Witney can choreograph to be honest. And having Riker certainly didn't hurt....they meshed seemlessly.

DeMarcus & Lindsay, I think I liked Lindsay's Paso concept better than I liked DeMarcus and Rashad's execution (the broken finger episode probably didn't help matters). The fact that they low-balled him as much as they did, makes me think he is dominating the votes at the moment.

Emma & John, This should've been a point or two higher. I thought this was pretty close to John's best dance and I'm always impressed with what Emma is able to come with in terms of story-driven choreography. Joey Fatone has aged. I had headphones in at the beginning of the show when they were announced...and honestly had no clue that's who it was until the pre-package piece.

Evanna & Keo, This is why I hate Keo so much and think he should've been dropped from the pro lineup multiple times. This dance was all about him. Evanna and Scarlett were basically accessories. If someone who had never watched DWTS, never seen this season, had magically turned it on right as they started dancing....could they have figured out that Evanna was the star? She was a glorified extra in her own trio.

Bobby Sharna, Yay for Lindsey Stirling!!!!! Honestly, I'm going to give Bobby a tiny bit of a pass because this would've been my 12 year old dance fantasy come to life. I loved Hammertime so much as a kid. But yes, there was all of about 12 seconds of cha cha content, and it wasn't great. I'm still not totally convinced that the semis or even the finals won't include Bobby and Joe (gulp) both :-(

Jenna & Grocery Joe: I'm choosing to believe Jenna purposely choreographed this abomination to try and sacrifice Joe into the dancing ether. And in all it's train-wreck glory....it still wasn't enough to get him booted. Sigh.

JP & Cheryl, Why exactly was Melissa Rycroft called back as a trio personality? She was fine, don't get me wrong....but just very random. We saw a little bit of bad JP or testy JP in the pre-package. That's really my only observation. Outside of last week, he pretty much fades into the wallpaper for me.

MLR & Sasha, still not watching...moderately surprised the nostalgia factor (and the uneducated masses on her abhorrent stance on Larry Nassar and USA Gymnastics) is still keeping her in this, at this stage.

• Love 8

I don't  think I have seen such a bad dance since Master P and Joe surely matched it tonight! It was so bad, I really thought they would pull out the 4 paddles...wish they had. I actually cringed while that dance was going on and to make it worse(pretty hard to do actually) they had Val and Gleb dance under the waterfall also...really poor taste in my opinion! I really hope that this is the nail in Joe's coffin.

I love Milo and Ryker...that was fun. My all time favorite trio was James, Sharna and Jenna...they were so good in that dance and it was a real trio!

• Love 9