Type keyword(s) to search

S15.E05: Everyday Angel

• Start Topic

Meredith reaches out to Teddy and helps her talk through some of her personal struggles; Owen and Amelia hide out near Betty's school after she becomes a flight risk; Jo wants to get to work on the fellowship, but Bailey's attention is elsewhere.

Original air date: 10/25/18

The show is really laying it on thick that Meredith is the best thing since sliced bread.

Props to Teddy for at least stating that Maggie's license would be in jeopardy for having broken HIPAA. That's about as much repercussion the offense will get. 

I don't care one iota about Owen and Amelia's foster family stuff.  Teddy's been in love with Owen for so long, and coupled with the fact that tptb chose to bring her back after all these years (while cutting other prominent characters), I'd like to see them end up together. 

So they're having random jam sessions in Joe's bar now? insert laughing gif here

• Love 13

I do NOT want owen to leave amelia for teddy, teddy needs to stay away from him nd meredith should try and stop teddy from ever being alone with him or even saying hello to him, I just don't want teddy to ruin things with amelia and owen, if teddy tells him she loves him, that will ruin things, she needs to go back o Germany

• Love 5

What about Cristina? What about Derek?

I know Derek would choose his sister over his wife in a instantaneous heartbeat if he heard the shit Meredith just said about Amelia. Who cares about the post-its and scrub caps, Meredith is a bitch and nobody... not even the drug-addicted junkie sister who totaled his precious Mustang deserves to be spoken or treated like that. God. Meredith even had the nerve to continue her vile speech in front of her children? I sure hope they resurrect Derek and have him haunt Meredith's ass.

Or, alternatively, have Cristina return and scratch Meredith's eyes out.

Edited by JNM5505
  • Love 2

So, Jackson shows back up in this episode after being gone for....oh, just two episodes. I didn't realize how he hasn't been gone for months, like how Maggie is acting. I get that it hurt that he took off without telling her, I do but...she's acting like he ran away with his mistress for a few months. I assume only a couple of weeks have passed since he left. Judging from Teddy, who was eleven weeks along when she last showed up in the premiere, she doesn't look like she's showing and I imagine no more than four weeks have gone by since then. 

I wish I understood Maggie's anger, but the storyline makes it seem like she's ready to break up wit Jackson, with how quickly she got mad at him for leaving. Unfortunately, the writing isn't doing Maggie any favours. I doubt Maggie's issue with Jackson is over. Meanwhile, Jackson is completely oblivious to pissed off Maggie. 

So, Bailey realizes that her problem is...Ben. Well, no wonder since he's changed jobs three different times. I imagine that they may not last too much longer, since I doubt Ben is leaving Station 19 and Bailey's storyline with Ben has really been a lot of stress. They definitely planted the seeds for their separation and possible divorce. 

Owen/Amelia creeping on Betty outside of her school? A big fat meh. When will Owen find out about Teddy? That's where the good stuff starts. 

Some...storyline was happening with DeLuca and Richard but I'll admit I wasn't really paying attention. Something about Richard teaching DeLuca a lesson in the ER. 

I also tuned out most of the Teddy/Meredith stuff because the focal point was really about Meredith convincing Teddy to tell Owen, so I assume not much else happened there.

• Love 6

I enjoyed that episode even though it is sad that Bailey and Ben are on track for a divorce. I am rooting for Jackson and Maggie to work it out. I am sick of Owen and Amelia's neverending relationship drama. It has been going on for years. Run Teddy, tell Owen and then run! You can do so much better.

Edited by SimoneS
  • Love 3

What's hard here is that there is no "bad guy". Teddy isn't a villain for getting pregnant, Owen didn't do anything wrong by believing her and moving on and Amelia is not doing anything wrong by getting healthy and being willing to try again with Owen. I do think it'll be interesting to see how this shakes out. There's no clear-cut good answer.

• Love 23

I liked Meredith 's point that you don't want that kid to go looking for their pop when they reach a certain age and find out heaven a great guy and world class surgeon and wasn't a part of your life cuz your mom didn't wanna have an awkward convo... That doesn't help anyone... Everything else in the episode was cool.. Glad Jackson came back and they aren't breaking up or being angsty... I'm sure the Jaggie/Maggie haters are furrowing their brows... I FFWD all the Owen/Amelia scenes because I just refuse to watch those two anymore I'm tired of them together.. Especially with this Teddy sword dangling over their heads.. 

• Love 4

Well, I like to believe that Jackson was re-creating his Mercy West/Seattle Grace days if you know what I mean....... Now that would be fun. Both committing sins against their significant others. Much better than this Christian crap we've been getting!

I did not realize Amelia had named her baby. Though I find it hard to believe none of her sisters had named their child Christopher. It just doesn't seem that believable.

Why does Meredith hate Amelia so much? What did Amelia ever do to her? Other than, oh... be Derek's sister?

• Love 2

It's official, Meredith has a nanny!

Now we know why Maggie violated HIPAA --so that Meredith could talk to Teddy and save the day.

This really bothered -- the little boy had extensive surgery on his back.  Why is he lying on his back?  He should have been lying on his stomach so his back can heal

Is Maggie going ask her own questions now?  I'm glad she figured out that she needs to ask questions too but what Jackson did, leaving like that, was still unforgivable.

I don't care about Glasses and his non-flirtation with the cute ortho guy. Not interested in the Bailey/Ben soap opera.

There is no way Owen and Amelia could spend a day in a car with a baby.  Leo would have been hollering bloody murder with boredom.

ETA:

Why does Meredith hate Amelia so much? What did Amelia ever do to her? Other than, oh... be Derek's sister?

Amelia, like Maggie, needs a lot of emotional support.  Meredith doesn't, and finds it hard to give it to others.

Edited by statsgirl
  • Love 6

Can someone refresh my memory? Was “glasses “ the same person as the trans guy hacker who rescued us from the cyberattack? Or were those two different interns? I’m afraid I haven’t been paying enough attention:)

• Love 1

There was the time after Derek died, and Amelia was really ugly to Meredith because Meredith left with the kids.     I don't find anyone on the show to be all that adult, or professional, and it just keeps going down the soap opera route.       And the writers don't seem to be able to keep Alex as a grownup, but have him still throwing little jealous tantrums like the one tonight.    

Glasses is the one April Jo slept with one drunken night, and the one who had his glasses fall into a patient's incision.        They do look a lot alike, but glasses is semi-hysterical most of the time, and hacker guy is much calmer and more analytical.   In other words, if my doctor was anything like glasses, I'd switch doctors.   I would be fine with hacker guy for a doctor, because he seems really smart and competent.   Tonight glasses seemed on the very edge of hysteria every time I saw him.   Glasses gets a lot more air time than the other interns too.    

The hacker guy is a trans former military person, who saved the hospital when the hacker attacked them.   I never noticed them together, but I think hacker guy is taller than glasses is, but I could be wrong.  

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 5
8 minutes ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

And the writers don't seem to be able to keep Alex as a grownup, but have him still throwing little jealous tantrums like the one tonight.    

In regards to Alex/Jo/Linc, despite all of Jo's happy words and phrases, I was waiting for the reveal in the last Jo/Alex scene that Linc was in fact, not a great dude.

17 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

Now we know why Maggie violated HIPAA --so that Meredith could talk to Teddy and save the day.

The point I agreed with Meredith on was "Do you hate Owen enough not to allow your child to love him?" or whatever her exact words were. But for as much as Meredith was pushing the issue and forcing Teddy to speak about a situation that really didn't concern her (Meredith), Teddy didn't come off well, either. Teddy seems to think that despite what Owen may or may not have with Amelia, that just the fact that she is having his baby will cause Owen to want to be with her or even marry her (the "honorable" thing and all), and I didn't like that.

Edited by LexieLily
  • Love 1
12 minutes ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

There was the time after Derek died, and Amelia was really ugly to Meredith because Meredith left with the kids.     I don't find anyone on the show to be all that adult, or professional, and it just keeps going down the soap opera route.       And the writers don't seem to be able to keep Alex as a grownup, but have him still throwing little jealous tantrums like the one tonight.    

Glasses is the one April slept with one drunken night, and the one who had his glasses fall into a patient's incision.      The hacker guy is a trans former military person, who saved the hospital when the hacker attacked them.   I never noticed them together, but I think hacker guy is taller than glasses is, but I could be wrong.    They do look a lot alike, but glasses is semi-hysterical most of the time, and hacker guy is much calmer and more analytical.   In other words, if my doctor was anything like glasses, I'd switch doctors.   I would be fine with hacker guy for a doctor, because he seems really smart and competent.   Like tonight, glasses seemed on the very edge of hysteria every time I saw him.   

Part 1: I actually sided with Amelia on this one. Derek himself told Meredith way back in the beginning of the series that if he had been in a coma, all his sisters would be there. When Derek got smashed by that semi and Meredith was finally called after they excavated Derek's skull, she consented in taking him off life support without consulting Amelia or anyone else in his family. So, yeah, I think Amelia had every right to be a major bitch to Meredith. Meredith deserved more than hurtful words thrown her way, so I think Amelia was very generous.

Part 2: Jo is the one that slept with Glasses, not April. April slept with that creepy dude who kept killing people. Speaking of which, sounds like he is off the show permanently from what Webber said in this episode. Yay.

• Love 7

I thought Meredith's best point was that when the kid grew up and met Owen, Teddy would never be able to justify why she didn't let the kid know him.

13 minutes ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

There was the time after Derek died, and Amelia was really ugly to Meredith because Meredith left with the kids.  

She was angry at Meredith because 1: Derek was dying and Amelia was close enough that she could have come and said goodbye to him but it never occurred to Meredith to tell Derek's sister that he was dying and 2:  Derek was dying of a brain injury and because the staff at the hospital were incompetent and Amelia was very competent and might have been able to save him if only Meredith had called her to help.

I'm all Team Amelia on that one.

• Love 12
1 hour ago, statsgirl said:

I thought Meredith's best point was that when the kid grew up and met Owen, Teddy would never be able to justify why she didn't let the kid know him.

She was angry at Meredith because 1: Derek was dying and Amelia was close enough that she could have come and said goodbye to him but it never occurred to Meredith to tell Derek's sister that he was dying and 2:  Derek was dying of a brain injury and because the staff at the hospital were incompetent and Amelia was very competent and might have been able to save him if only Meredith had called her to help.

I'm all Team Amelia on that one.

Also the next season after Derek had died  when Mer yelled at Amelia that Amelia was living other peoples lives because she had started to date Owen and she was taking Christina’s place and she was taking over Derek’s job and Meredith was just being rude because she was having a day. And look I have my own issues with Amelia(although now she’s pretty awesome), but Mer can be nasty when she wants to be.  And she’s always been really rude to Amelia. Somewhat to Maggie as well but always to Amelia it seems like. 

Anyways. I’m super sad for the heartbreak that’s going to happen with Amelia Owen and Betty and the baby and Teddy. They’re kind of the only dynamic I’m liking in the show right now. Everything else is kind of boring to me.

Also re Alex.. this show has no idea what they want to do with the character. And how we’re supposed to view him as a viewer watching. I mean.. I still can’t get over how he almost ruined DeLucas career by bashing his face in and nothing even happened to Alex. Like he couldn’t work for a bunch of episodes and had to be in the pit or whatever but otherwise it was a shrug whatever kind of thing.

Anyways. I don’t have much else to say on this episode.

Edited by WhosThatGirl
  • Love 3
3 hours ago, JNM5505 said:

I know Derek would choose his sister over his wife in a instantaneous heartbeat if he heard the shit Meredith just said about Amelia. Who cares about the post-its and scrub caps, Meredith is a bitch and nobody... not even the drug-addicted junkie sister who totaled his precious Mustang deserves to be spoken or treated like that. God. Meredith even had the nerve to continue her vile speech in front of her children? 

Did I miss something? I just watched this and all I heard was that Meredith saying she wasn’t sure if Amelia was all in with Owen. Was there more and I tuned out as I’m not a Meredith fan? 

• Love 8
3 hours ago, JNM5505 said:

What about Cristina? What about Derek?

I know Derek would choose his sister over his wife in a instantaneous heartbeat if he heard the shit Meredith just said about Amelia. Who cares about the post-its and scrub caps, Meredith is a bitch and nobody... not even the drug-addicted junkie sister who totaled his precious Mustang deserves to be spoken or treated like that. God. Meredith even had the nerve to continue her vile speech in front of her children? I sure hope they resurrect Derek and have him haunt Meredith's ass.

Or, alternatively, have Cristina return and scratch Meredith's eyes out.

I think Meredith is acting in Amelia's best interest actually. Teddy is a ticking time bomb in Owen and Amelia's life the sooner it goes off the sooner they can deal with the fallout.

• Love 6
40 minutes ago, sarkygal said:

Did I miss something? I just watched this and all I heard was that Meredith saying she wasn’t sure if Amelia was all in with Owen. Was there more and I tuned out as I’m not a Meredith fan? 

I'm confused too. At what point was Meredith bad-mouthing Amelia?

• Love 10

Yeah, I don't really remember Meredith shitting on Amelia particularly tonight.

6 hours ago, SoMuchTV said:

Can someone refresh my memory? Was “glasses “ the same person as the trans guy hacker who rescued us from the cyberattack? Or were those two different interns? I’m afraid I haven’t been paying enough attention:)

The trans man who is an ex-military hacker is Parker, who was Maggie's intern this episode and was gossiping with the matchmaker about Maggie.  Glasses is an incompetent doctor whom I wish they'd send away and the one whose sexuality is confusing and whose ability to attract hot doctors of both genders is even more flummoxing.

Aaaaaanyway, Alex was being an immature dick again, some more.  Cool.  I hope Bailey does dump Ben; I've never liked that relationship, it would hopefully prevent Ben from ever coming back to the show, and it would probably accomplish whatever romantic thing the Station 19 people likely want Ben to be a part of without making him unlikable (just a guess, I don't watch or give two shits about that show).  Sounds like a win-win to me!

• Love 5
4 hours ago, NUguy514 said:

Yeah, I don't really remember Meredith shitting on Amelia particularly tonight.

The trans man who is an ex-military hacker is Parker, who was Maggie's intern this episode and was gossiping with the matchmaker about Maggie.  Glasses is an incompetent doctor whom I wish they'd send away and the one whose sexuality is confusing and whose ability to attract hot doctors of both genders is even more flummoxing.

Aaaaaanyway, Alex was being an immature dick again, some more.  Cool.  I hope Bailey does dump Ben; I've never liked that relationship, it would hopefully prevent Ben from ever coming back to the show, and it would probably accomplish whatever romantic thing the Station 19 people likely want Ben to be a part of without making him unlikable (just a guess, I don't watch or give two shits about that show).  Sounds like a win-win to me!

I don’t know. I don’t watch station 19 but I feel like if Ben and bailey break up, Ben will become unlikeable. At least on the greys anatomy viewer side. But I’ve never liked Ben in general to be honest so If  they break up.. eh. But I don’t think they will, I think they want to leave the door open for crossovers with this show and that show. 

I hate crossovers, actually. I remember I liked them once, like when Buffy and Angel would have crossovers. Now they’re just annoying.

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, WhosThatGirl said:

I hate crossovers, actually. I remember I liked them once, like when Buffy and Angel would have crossovers. Now they’re just annoying.

I agree. I think one of the reasons that the Buffy/Angel crossovers worked is that there was usually a good reason for one of the characters to go to the other show (like after Joyce died) and they weren't marketed as A Very Special Must-See Crossover Event that was hyped like crazy.

• Love 6

While I can understand Bailey worrying about Ben's safety being a firefighter, knowing her she's probably more worried because she can't keep an eye on him at the hospital.  Ben might love her but he wanted/needed to get out from under her thumb.

• Love 7

This season needs to get better STAT before I bounce.  This episode is EXHIBIT A on why I am not a JO character fan and this show never sells me on her.  They are always setting JO in plots that either aren't interesting or don't pan out and poor Alex gets dragged along for the ride.  So last episode...we get a Jo and Linc know each other...hints of an interesting backstory...except I didn't fall for it because I know the Grey's Anatomy game on Jo plots.  Who the eff cares that these two knew each other college and were like brother or sister...why is this plot necessary...also why does Alex need to act jealous then COMPLETELY irrationally angry that someone he doesn't know didn't save Princess Jo from domestic violence based on no information whatsoever.  THIS whole story was CRAP.  Linc's sort of annoying too and by sort of I mean he's annoying. 

Which brings me to second CRAP story...UHHH since when do Meredith and Teddy have a relationship and/or speak?  Meredith isn't even friendly.  She had two friends Christina that left and Alex now.  Why would a woman confide in someone she barely knows about this?

Okay I just need to be alone with my angry feelings about this show.

Edited by dmc
  • Love 10
5 minutes ago, dmc said:

Which brings me to second CRAP story...UHHH since when do Meredith and Teddy have a relationship and/or speak?  Meredith isn't even friendly.  She had two friends Christina that left and Alex now.  Why would a woman confide in someone she barely knows about this?

They may have not been friends but they are colleagues... Who have important ppl in common... And like Meredith said when she was trying to figure out what to do about rigged it was teddy who got thru to her.. So add that to how she feels about Owen and Amelia... The promise she made to Christina.. The fact that it involved her little sister and a child who may grow up not knowing their dad.. Meredith had some things to share... And some advice on the matter... I don't see a huge problem

• Love 5
1 minute ago, UNOSEZ said:

They may have not been friends but they are colleagues... Who have important ppl in common... And like Meredith said when she was trying to figure out what to do about rigged it was teddy who got thru to her.. So add that to how she feels about Owen and Amelia... The promise she made to Christina.. The fact that it involved her little sister and a child who may grow up not knowing their dad.. Meredith had some things to share... And some advice on the matter... I don't see a huge problem

It was an odd conversation and Grey's need to insert Meredith into every story is annoying.  They aren't even colleagues that grab coffee occasionally. 

• Love 6
1 hour ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

I agree. I think one of the reasons that the Buffy/Angel crossovers worked is that there was usually a good reason for one of the characters to go to the other show (like after Joyce died) and they weren't marketed as A Very Special Must-See Crossover Event that was hyped like crazy.

Yeah.. I feel like now they’re done all the time. Also now it seems sometimes like you have to carve out multiple nights for said big crossover episodes. 

Anyways, back to my point:I just don’t see them breaking up Ben and bailey as bens our link to station 19. Granted bailey should break up with him, imho she has become super unlikeable since they got together and she doesn’t seem to like him all that much, and he seems to not like her very much either. Not to mention his changing of careers every ten seconds was annoying to me as a viewer. I know it became sort of a running joke but in real life, that would cause strain on any relationship. 

• Love 3
22 minutes ago, dmc said:

also why does Alex need to act jealous then COMPLETELY irrationally angry that someone he doesn't know didn't save Princess Jo from domestic violence based on no information whatsoever. 

THIS is what really pissed me off about that scene.  I'm sick of hothead Alex who gets hotheaded based on no information.  And why was it Linc's responsibility to "save" Princess Jo anyway? 

• Love 12
Just now, Ohwell said:

THIS is what really pissed me off about that scene.  I'm sick of hothead Alex who gets hotheaded based on no information.  And why was it Linc's responsibility to "save" Princess Jo anyway? 

All of this.  I mean STOP.  Jo dated Alex forever and he didn't know about abusive guy...why would he assume Linc did?  I am going to make a bold statement but none of Alex's romantic relationships make him look good.   

• Love 7

The episode was...?? 

I love Mere but since when are she and Teddy friends? That was weird. Kept taking me out of the moment cuz I kept thinking -- what?? what?? why?

Anyway because the ep couldn't keep my attention -- don't care about ANY of the interns/new docs/ anything Jo and because she taints Alex -- even him-- I kept flipping the channel.

Big Bang was funny.

Outlander was repeating last season to get ready for the new one. 

Grey's? Not so interesting.

• Love 3
11 hours ago, WhosThatGirl said:

Also re Alex.. this show has no idea what they want to do with the character.

I will carefully disagree with this statement. His story in this episode was a complete fail, I'm totally with you on that, but otherwise his stuff wasn't so bad this season and all in all it's probably too early to judge. We see him unconditionally support Jo career-wise and while that puts him into a passive role, it's nice to see him be there for Jo, because it hasn't always been that way. Plus we see him grow into his new position as chief and in that regard I absolutely loved the episode 2 weeks ago. The story with the fat kid patient and Alex's role in it was pretty well done and highlighted how Alex works.

Also Camilla Luddington hinted that we might see more story about Alex's family this season and if that does come to pass it's something I'm definitely looking forward to, not to mention it's something that's long overdue.

But back to this episode - sadly I must agree that Alex's story in it was just dumb and unnecessary. It was one of those things where I feel like the writers write Alex in this old familiar pattern - he can be grumpy and brooding at times after all - without considering whether it does actually make sense in this particular situation and whether any reasonable human being would actually act that way. Unfortunately it didn't work at all. A simple question would have done the trick, but the writers just had to blow it out of proportion to make it last an entire episode and give it a nicee resolution in the end. I've noticed it a couple of times and as a huge Alex fan it annoys me, but other than that the season was fine for Alex so far and if better things are coming for him in 15B I'm willing to let it slide.

• Love 7

Well I mean alex in every season of

this show. They change how we are supposed to feel about him. I used to really like Alex but I can’t get over him never getting in trouble three seasons ago for his actions. And now he’s the interim chief. Sure show, sure.

• Love 3
15 minutes ago, Stacey1014 said:

Was I the only one who expected Amelia to overhear Teddy and Meredith talking about her pregnancy?

I did too. Greys does love a cliche, I’m surprised that didn’t happen. 

Edited by WhosThatGirl
  • Love 5
2 hours ago, UNOSEZ said:

Her little sister?

• Love 1
49 minutes ago, GSMHvisitor said:

I will carefully disagree with this statement. His story in this episode was a complete fail, I'm totally with you on that, but otherwise his stuff wasn't so bad this season and all in all it's probably too early to judge. We see him unconditionally support Jo career-wise and while that puts him into a passive role, it's nice to see him be there for Jo, because it hasn't always been that way. Plus we see him grow into his new position as chief and in that regard I absolutely loved the episode 2 weeks ago. The story with the fat kid patient and Alex's role in it was pretty well done and highlighted how Alex works.

Also Camilla Luddington hinted that we might see more story about Alex's family this season and if that does come to pass it's something I'm definitely looking forward to, not to mention it's something that's long overdue.

But back to this episode - sadly I must agree that Alex's story in it was just dumb and unnecessary. It was one of those things where I feel like the writers write Alex in this old familiar pattern - he can be grumpy and brooding at times after all - without considering whether it does actually make sense in this particular situation and whether any reasonable human being would actually act that way. Unfortunately it didn't work at all. A simple question would have done the trick, but the writers just had to blow it out of proportion to make it last an entire episode and give it a nicee resolution in the end. I've noticed it a couple of times and as a huge Alex fan it annoys me, but other than that the season was fine for Alex so far and if better things are coming for him in 15B I'm willing to let it slide.

I'm not sure him being there for Jo has much to do with HIS character though, it's more HER character.  Most of us would agree that Alex is more of main character than Jo.  If I had a choice, I would rather see him in a plot than her.  Her plot so far has been that cancer thing which is not a plot. 

• Love 5

I don't see how Meredith did anything wrong to Amelia here? For one thing, she's known Owen a lot longer than she's known Amelia - of course she'd want Teddy to tell him the truth. Owen has wanted a child forever. Second, she literally laid it out quite clearly: it would be awful for the child to grow up and try to seek out his or her father only to discover that Teddy had kept them apart all because she wanted to avoid an awkward convo. Meredith's mom kept her and Thatcher apart (though some of that falls on Thatcher, too). As has been pointed out, there is no villain here - not Teddy, not Owen, and not Amelia (and certainly not Meredith). That's what I like about this story. It's also clear that they were setting up some stuff for next week (if you saw the promo with Richard/Meredith, you'll know - I don't want to spoil here just in case). But there have been several anvils about Meredith's dad already this season (Cece asked her about their relationship in the last episode, too). 

I like Richard acting as a mentor to DeLuca. It's nice to see some male bonds being explored again, and the three of them hanging out is nice. 

The slow development of Glasses/Nico is cute. I'm glad they're not forcing it as a main story just yet but giving them some small moments sprinkled throughout the episodes. I've always found Glasses pretty endearing (he reminds me of George). 

I also love, love, love Alex's development. I don't think the show is unsure of how they want us to feel about him; he'll always be rough around the edges. That's his character. He was weary of Link at first not out of jealousy as the writers probably wanted us to believe, but because he felt like Link had let Jo end up with Paul - which is what he specifically asked him. I thought it was so refreshing to see him say to Jo that Link seems like a nice guy. In that moment, he is the exact opposite of what Paul was to Jo: not jealous, not controlling. I'm so loving seeing Jolex as a married couple. The small moments they have together are fantastic. 

I... don't really care about the Jackson/Maggie stuff. I liked his medical case this week, though, and I sort of figured that he'd say he found his peace in the OR. It makes sense to me. I like that they didn't make Maggie super dramatic about it all, either. She stated her issue (he never should have just left without clearly telling her where he was going or why, especially when they had just started getting serious) but I think she understands what he had just gone through with April and so she made an allowance and is letting it slide. I don't think they're in the clear by any means, but I appreciated how the writers let them actually talk and move past it. 

Edited by BaseOps
  • Love 14

Oh, one other thing that bothered me: how is it possible that Jo and Linc were undergrads at the same time?  Even if he were a senior when she was a freshman – which it doesn't sound like is the case since they seem to have more than a year-long friendship – it still doesn't work for me.  He's clearly significantly older than she (Chris Carmack reads way older than Camilla Luddington) and is clearly much further along in his career if he was the ortho god for the Mariners for however many years and Jo just finished her residency.  Ugh, this show...I clearly put more thought into this than the writers did.

Edited by NUguy514
  • Love 10
1 hour ago, NUguy514 said:

Oh, one other thing that bothered me: how is it possible that Jo and Linc were undergrads at the same time?  Even if he were a senior when she was a freshman – which it doesn't sound like is the case since they seem to have more than a year-long friendship – it still doesn't work for me.  He's clearly significantly older than she (Chris Carmack reads way older than Camilla Luddington) and is clearly much further along in his career if he was the ortho god for the Mariners for however many years and Jo just finished her residency.  Ugh, this show...I clearly put more thought into this than the writers did.

I didn't even recognize chris carmack and I watched Nashville OMG

• Love 3
15 hours ago, Emily Thrace said:

I think Meredith is acting in Amelia's best interest actually. Teddy is a ticking time bomb in Owen and Amelia's life the sooner it goes off the sooner they can deal with the fallout.

The timing, the timing. The longer Teddy holds off on telling Owen, the more solid Owen's bond with Amelia seems to be getting. Having Teddy tell Owen now lessens the chance that he will choose Amelia and maybe the created family he has with  Leo and Betty.

• Love 1

I've never been a Jo fan but she is way less annoying this season. Her interaction with Bailey was fun.

Alex, Alex, Alex. Sigh. I couldn't get on board with his rudeness to Link--even doing it in front of a pediatric patient.

Deluca at least got some screen time being a doctor and be trained to step up, which never happens.

I found myself actively hoping we get some storyline where Glasses gets run over by a truck or otherwise dispatched quickly and permanently as a character. He and Helm in the ER wasting time trying to figure out whether it was a date or not and looking frazzled was just awful.

• Love 3
3 hours ago, dmc said:

I'm not sure him being there for Jo has much to do with HIS character though, it's more HER character.  Most of us would agree that Alex is more of main character than Jo.  If I had a choice, I would rather see him in a plot than her.  Her plot so far has been that cancer thing which is not a plot. 

I think how a character treats and acts around his significant other does say a lot about them. Of course you will feel differently, because you obviously have zero interest in Jo. But I usually like her. And I like seeing Alex being a loving husband to her.

The cancer thing is a plot, it's just that they haven't done much with it so far. Plus it's a medical storyline and those can be less interesting at times, because they tend not to explore characters as deeply as personal ones.

As an Alex fan I will always want storylines for him, but I wouldn't say he doesn't have one at all. Again, it's just that it's a medical one. But so far I've been interested in the Chief story. I do want more for him, I've wanted an actual storyline about his family for years and I'm still hoping for that.

• Love 5
3 hours ago, BaseOps said:

He was weary of Link at first not out of jealousy as the writers probably wanted us to believe, but because he felt like Link had let Jo end up with Paul - which is what he specifically asked him.

But again, why was it Linc's responsibility whether or not Jo ended up with Paul?  Linc didn't "let" her end up with Paul; she was a grown ass woman who did it on her own.  

I'm sick of the matchmaker woman and I want her story over, whether she dies or not.

• Love 7
53 minutes ago, Ohwell said:

But again, why was it Linc's responsibility whether or not Jo ended up with Paul?  Linc didn't "let" her end up with Paul; she was a grown ass woman who did it on her own.  

I'm sick of the matchmaker woman and I want her story over, whether she dies or not.

agree on both. I liked matchmaker woman at first--some of her interactions with other characters cracked me up. but now it's getting old--and I don't like people spilling personal details of other doctors to her. Uncool.

• Love 5
3 hours ago, NUguy514 said:

I took it Jo was an undergrad when they started waiting tables together. He could easily have been further along in his education at that time. I didn't necessarily get the impression they went to school together.

Edited by GSMHvisitor
  • Love 1

I agree with everything Meredith told Teddy, and I certainly don't think she insulted Amelia at any point, so I was very confused about some of the earlier comments. I just don't understand why she had to be involved in all that. Yes, her backstory would obviously resonate a lot with Teddy and her situation, but I really don't believe she cares about it so much to the point of stalking Teddy. But then again, so many people on the show have changed since Teddy left that it's hard to find anyone with a meaningful connection to her, except perhaps Bailey, but she's too busy with her own stuff. Arizona (*sigh*) should have done it.

The whole Alex/Jo/Linc story was extremely annoying. Alex didn't make any sense with his irrational anger/jealousy towards Linc while it was still irrational, and when it turned out he's somehow blaming him for not saving Jo, it didn't get any better. First of all, Jo has made it well clear that no one knew about her situation and she certainly doesn't seem to hold any grudge against Linc or hold him responsible for anything, so Alex really should have STFU.

I understand why Maggie was upset with Jackson. The man told her he loved her and then took off the next day to "clear his head" (whatever it meant, and we know what it usually means) without even having the guts to tell it to her face. That's really not cool. But he's back now after just a couple of episodes and everything's been resolved, so what was the point of it all?

I've never bought Bailey and Ben as a couple and I certainly don't think she wants to be married to a firefighter, so they're free to divorce as far as I'm concerned. 

Edited by Joana
  • Love 8
3 hours ago, Ohwell said:

I'm not saying Alex was right - this show is about flawed characters. Alex is often irrational and jumps to conclusions, especially when it comes to protecting the women he cares about. He got it wrong with Link and approached thinks childishly... but he came around. 

Edited by BaseOps
  • Love 2
23 hours ago, skermac said:

does owen really need to know teddy is pregnant? part of me doesn't want him to know because I fear it will ruin what he now has with amelia and I really like her

Yes, he does really need to know Teddy is pregnant. Unless a man is abusive or a danger to a kid, they have a right to know when they have a child brought into the world.  Teddy is clearly having the baby, so Owen needs to be told. And more importantly, the kid will have a right to know who its father is. Like Meredith said, you can't deny the child the right to have a father (who we know would want to be involved and a good father) just to avoid an awkward conversation. 

I've been liking Amelia this season, but this really isn't about Amelia, it's about the baby. If they are really in love, they can stay together while he has a baby with Teddy. They probably won't, because Owen is kind of flaky and will fall in love with anyone carry his baby. But no one on Grey's stays together anyway.

19 hours ago, anna0852 said:

I'm confused too. At what point was Meredith bad-mouthing Amelia?

I thought she was watching out for Amelia. The later it is when the secret comes out the worse it will be for her.

6 hours ago, NUguy514 said:

They could have met in undergrad and stayed in touch while he started med school and she finished undergrad. Or maybe she just meant when she was in undergrad? And do we know in Jo took anytime off between med school and her residency while she was changing her name and running away?

• Love 1