Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E21: Suns Out, Buns Out

druzy
  • Start Topic

Bristol tries to stay positive after Dakota moves all her stuff into the guest bedroom. 

Cheyenne causes a scene at her family's BBQ and misdirects her anger towards her boyfriend, Zach. 

Amber goes to Los Angeles for a month.

Airs: October 15, 2018

Edited by druzy
  • Love 1

Guys, it’s not looking good for Teen Mom (and possibly TM2) but GREEEEEAAAT for us! ?

The universe is finally acknowledging our pleas for the gravy train to breakdown and let the entitled lazy asses off - for good.

The premier episode opened up to sad 957,000 viewers compared to the previous seasons (one season had almost 4 million) and last weeks episode (episode #2) had a 100,000 viewer drop to 851,000.

From what I have read, if they don’t at least reach 1 million at least one time for this season then that’s grounds for cancellation because profit will be lost. 

And with what Jenelle said about their TM2 season being boring and MTV is cracking down on the girls behavior they are next to be cut.

Im not tuning in to this episode as I don’t want to help with ratings so maybe I’ll see some clips that people post on Twitter.

On topic with this episode: Will Bristol be out of her white shirt and overalls??? Will we still be getting thong shots at Cheyenne’s FAMILY bbq?

Catelynne will spend another episode holding back tears with her chin doing the wrinkling thing or does when she’s trying not to cry. Over it. Not the same. 

Edited by Calm81
  • Love 16

I really hope Cate learned coping skills at the Sierra Tucson Spa.  If Teen Mom OG is cancelled life is about to get very real for the Baltierra family. The truth is they do NOT have the education or any marketable skills to maintain the lifestyle they have been living. That goes for Amber too.  

• Love 19
2 hours ago, Caracoa1 said:

I really hope Cate learned coping skills at the Sierra Tucson Spa.  If Teen Mom OG is cancelled life is about to get very real for the Baltierra family. The truth is they do NOT have the education or any marketable skills to maintain the lifestyle they have been living. That goes for Amber too.  

That goes for almost all of the people on this show. Once they are no longer on a reality show, all of the endorsement deals are going to dry up too. None of them have any kind of hustle, and sure aren’t thinking about their long-term prospects. And we already know that Tyler thinks he is too special to have an “average” job, which is fine because he’s not qualified for that. What skills exactly do any of them think they have gained from being on a reality show? 

• Love 15

I was intrigued when the doctor asked Catelynn what she learned at rehab, and disappointed in her answer: that her anxiety stems from past trauma.

I'm not disputing the truth of that statement, but, like, hasn't she heard that 100x before?? I was hoping to hear some real insight, and that answer felt lazy

• Love 22

I figured I'd reserve judgement on the new girls, aaaand I think I've seen all of Bristol I can stand.  I wish her well in her life, but please go away now.  I was thinking the same thing Dakota was saying, before he said it.  I wondered if that call was heavily edited because what she was saying had nothing at all to do with what he asked, but then he pointed out that that's how it always goes and I realized that we heard it in its proper context.  He asked about a schedule and she brought up all kinds of unrelated crap.  It makes her feel in control, I think. 

I think Tyler was thinking more like a 1 or a 2 on the happy marriage scale, but he dare not say it.  Her 6 or 7 seemed to irritate him, just a reminder that she's not in the same relationship he is.  But her needs are being met, so everything is just a-okay.  I just wish he would have snapped when she said 'Do you think I don't know how hard it was for you?  Why should I have to go back and watch it and feel guilty about it?'.  He needs to tell her that no, she doesn't even come close to getting it.  That his tiptoeing around her majesty and her bullshit has left him with such a burden that he can barely carry it anymore and he's not going to sacrifice his sanity for hers.  Cate is in for a massive rude awakening. 

• Love 18

Bristol's story line is confusing because it's complicated and messy and we don't have any context. It's like walking into the middle of a mediocre movie.

I did side eye Cheyenne's dad for saying he doesn't love his own child unconditionally. Parent/ child relationships are obviously different from a romantic one that you choose and can leave at will. His lack of emotional intelligence was showing. No one dared to call him out which was a shame.

Fancy ass Amber walking into her new digs, sighing, "it's simple and it will do". Lol!

Dang, that shot Tyler did with his buddies was truth serum.

Edited by Soobs
  • Love 19
4 hours ago, Soobs said:

Bristol's story line is confusing because it's complicated and messy and we don't have any context. It's like walking into the middle of a mediocre movie.

Yes! Things have obviously been bad for a long time now, way before the show started. It almost seems like they waited for the show to get the divorce. But they're both super ready for it. They flew apart like shrapnel! They can't even be in the same house together for 5 minutes; and it makes you wonder how these were ever two people who loved each other and made babies together. 

• Love 10

Well congrats Teen Mom OG I’m finally ready to quit you. Not only do I have zero interest in Bristol and Cheyenne but their inclusion is making me tune out when the actual original TM’s are on. Barely watched last night instead I FFed through most of it. 

• Love 17

I really could not follow anything that was being said in Cheyenne's segments. They all were talking over each other and there was too much noise in the background. However, I really could not care less anyways. Boring. It was nice to see Maci's story-line talking out about PCOS. At least that also gives her something else to do with her life besides looking after her kids and talking about Ryan. Everything else I found boring. Wonder how Farrah is doing? haha

Edited by Carly13817
  • Love 6

I'm very grateful that Cheyenne is on this season because I can ff through her scenes and get done watching sooner, LOL!

What did Maci win an award for, exactly!  Having messed up ovaries???

The only thing that could make this show interesting to me at this time is if Tyler and Catelynn split up and we can watch them destroy each other. 

I don't find Bristol's divorce interesting because I don't know any of their history or them personally, so who cares really?

It will be interesting to see how Gary goes about looking for his bio father.  With no identifying info to go on, where does one begin?  And really, WHY?

Amber.  Don't care. 

• Love 8
2 hours ago, justduckey said:

Well congrats Teen Mom OG I’m finally ready to quit you. Not only do I have zero interest in Bristol and Cheyenne but their inclusion is making me tune out when the actual original TM’s are on. Barely watched last night instead I FFed through most of it. 

Me too.  I ffed so much, when It ended I was like, that's it? 

Dakota looked completely different when he smiled.  That phone call was exhausting.  I don't think either are bad people, just not right together.  And that is sad for all involved. 

Cheyenne, so whiney.  That high pitched voice yelling I'm done! Ick.  Its a shame, because she is stunningly beautiful, just a brat. 

I actually finally feel bad for Ty. I totally get and see what is bothering him.  He likes routine.  Who knew?! I hope he stuck with it.  That is good for little kids to have a routine.  Even a looser type routine.  

• Love 13

Ya this show has gotten bad and quick!! Bristol crying cause he moved her stuff.. whaaa that was fake as hell, she was actually crying because she’s shocked he’s not begging for her to stay with him. Typical narcissist! 

And boy oh boy Tyler revealed some truth when he had a few drinks with his friends, now if he’d just drink a few at home and tell Cate how he really feels he might get somewhere instead making sure he doesn’t hurt her feelings, all the while she has broken him. Ugh it’s hard to watch the poor guy... I honestly feel for him in a major way...

cheyenne thinks she’s still on some beach show she’s ridiculous and just a drama queen fame whore... not interested. 

Maci come on can you be anymore boring?? 

Amber “ya this house will do” like it was “alright” in her eyes, rich snobby bitch I wonder what they paid for that for the month?? Money is gonna run out there miss trashy trash.. ugh 

im gonna laugh so hard when they cancel the show and the free money stops rolling in

• Love 18
13 hours ago, SeenYouWitKieffah said:

I was intrigued when the doctor asked Catelynn what she learned at rehab, and disappointed in her answer: that her anxiety stems from past trauma.

I'm not disputing the truth of that statement, but, like, hasn't she heard that 100x before?? I was hoping to hear some real insight, and that answer felt lazy

no shit, not, "I want to take what I've learned to make sure Nova doesn't have to go through what I went through" or "I'm glad that I was able to take some time to learn how to cope with my depression so Ty's not doing everything all by himself."  nope, just memememe ME!

I listen to this podcast called Teen Mom Trash Talk, and it's fun and hilarious...but the episodes have been about thirty minutes long as of late, and the girls veer off topic (I like when they do that so it's ok!) a lot.

If this all ends, I'll miss those girls and you all much more than the Teen Moms themselves!

and I'm super pissed that this all may have to do with Farrah.  Who I still hate.

• Love 10
38 minutes ago, suzeecat said:

It will be interesting to see how Gary goes about looking for his bio father.  With no identifying info to go on, where does one begin?  And really, WHY?

Well Gary's mom said that he had a stocky build, like Gary and brown hair!  Come on, they will definitely be able to track him with that!

25 minutes ago, Cherry Cola said:

Dakota looked completely different when he smiled.  That phone call was exhausting.  I don't think either are bad people, just not right together.  And that is sad for all involved. 

Is anyone else here having MAJOR Dakota attractions??  I didn't think he was hot at all when the show started, but for some reason I now think he is super hot.  I usually don't go for his type.

• Love 12

In regards to Gary’s possible father, I think they know the name, but did not want to say it on camera.  His mom is clearly embarrassed by the whole thing and I can’t believe she agreed to talk about it on camera. Wonder what the status of her and Jody is at this time. 

• Love 6

How much longer can they keep calling this Teen Mom?? They're all mid-twenties now. Their original kids are 9 years old, and almost none of them have a job or have accomplished anything worth noting. It will be interesting to see what becomes of them 5 to 10 years after the show ends. 

Tyler's problem is that Tyler's marriage is completely one-sided. Tyler takes care of Catelynn. That's the whole marriage. And Catelynn sees no problem with it because it works for her. She won't ever even see drunk Tyler tell the truth because she won't watch the episodes. 

• Love 11
18 minutes ago, Kellyee said:

How much longer can they keep calling this Teen Mom?? They're all mid-twenties now. 

She won't ever even see drunk Tyler tell the truth because she won't watch the episodes. 

My husband happened to look at the TV for a second and questioned the age of Tripp and Bristol (it was his first time seeing them).  I had to try to very briefly explain it, and just told him that the shows have been on long enough now, and have strayed so far from the title, that it should just be called 'Reality Show Chicks'.   I mean, Cheyenne was never a teen mom at all. 

Isn't it strange that thousands of people (strangers) have a greater insight to her marriage than she does?  We all can see what's coming a mile away, and she has no idea.  Her own doing though, because she refuses to look at the evidence.  And he's practically begging her to.  Well as much as he can without upsetting her highness.   

• Love 3
2 hours ago, Mainer said:

And boy oh boy Tyler revealed some truth when he had a few drinks with his friends, now if he’d just drink a few at home and tell Cate how he really feels he might get somewhere instead making sure he doesn’t hurt her feelings, all the while she has broken him. Ugh it’s hard to watch the poor guy... I honestly feel for him in a major way...

Yet he knocked her up again....WTF?

• Love 9

Maci and Taylor were bored stiff talking about the award to EACH OTHER how do they possibly think it would be interesting to us?

I do enjoy watching Amber blow through her money at such a fast clip.   I hope she set aside some for Booboo Buggar Butt in an irrevocable trust, though.  

Cate and Tyler - do NOT make me side with Tyler, people!    When HE starts making sense, lord.  

I don't care about Bristol or her husband.  Well, I care about her husband but not the story line.

Cheyenne - Nope. 

This is when I miss  Dame Farrah Abraham.  Because, girlfriend  ALWAYS had something worth watching in her scenes.  She could bring in Deborah for some real craziness at any time.  

• Love 18

Amber is a poser. She owes the IRS over 135k. She can't afford anything she is renting. I wonder if she owes Gary child support. 

2 hours ago, Mr. Minor said:

Yet he knocked her up again....WTF?

I think she used a turkey baster. 

• Love 15
6 minutes ago, druzy said:

I think she used a turkey baster. 

Lol! That's the only thing I could imagine, besides getting him drunk & taking advantage of him...but whiskey dick is a thing, and we know Cate is too damn lazy to get on top, so turkey baster for the win! 

• Love 8
1 hour ago, CaliforniaLove said:

Lol! That's the only thing I could imagine, besides getting him drunk & taking advantage of him...but whiskey dick is a thing, and we know Cate is too damn lazy to get on top, so turkey baster for the win! 

I told Tyler after Nova to quit sleeping on his back. He don't damn listen!

• Love 12

Bristol’s phone call with her husband was ridiculous. What hell was she rambling about? As he said, he mentioned nothing about any of that crap. It’s like she was having a conversation with herself. She better watch it or she’s going to prove Farrah right about trying to act like her. 

• Love 11

Well it looks like Tyler is going to be getting his wish of catelynn watching the episodes again .. now that the ratings are so low , they're probably all scrambling to find televisions to turn on and play the show . 

• Love 10

I vowed not to watch this season but I caved and tuned in last night. Who is this Cheyann person and how is 2 new girls OGs?

Catelynn - how did you just now realize that your frequent trips to treatment affect Tyler? You self centred bitch, he’s too good for her, and that’s saying a lot. it looked to me like Bristol had all 3 kids in California with her, why don’t they ever take Nova with them and show her the sights  isn’t Dr Oz in California? Take the child to Disneyland or something. Lazy assholes 

Amber - her baby is cute but the Sasquatch she lives with is gross. I didn’t notice if they took the dogs to California but hopefully they are being taken care of by someone better than Amber. And stop with the bewbew and boogerbutt 

Maci - couldn’t care less, ff through it all. She got a award...indeed 

Bristol - not sure about her and since I won’t continue watching I won’t ever know any more about her

Gary and his wife was the one bit of enjoyment on this shit show

Hope this is the last season. what I WOULD watch is life after the Teen Mom money is gone, especially Cate and Tyler 

i will continue to stalk this board but I can’t watch this crap. Thanks to those who do watch and report, you’re doing the Lords work 

Edited by cheewhiz
Your vs you’re
  • Love 21

Wow! 2 days have passed since this aired and only 43 comments.   I remember when it would have been like 233 with the little flaming hot symbol.  This is as dead as The Challenhe forum. 

We get to watch Maci pretend to have PCOS and leave her kids.

We get to watch Amber go to L.A. and pretend she is sad about leaving Leah for a month.  Her humble abode will do.  What did she expect to stay in something designed by Frank Gehry just because Andrew is Twitter verified?

We get to watch Catelynn return from rehab early because she missed her family only to leave Nova again to pretend to be a mental health ambassador.  As someone with bipolar disorder and a snazzy new diagnosis of trauma I want to see someone with their shit together be an ambassador.  I should be the ambassador.  Tyler also gets to pretend he has two kids. He doesn't, Brandon and Teresa have two kids and he has one.  Tyler also pretends to hang out with friends?

We get to see Sarah Palin pretend to know how to talk.  She jumbled up a bunch of her words in her segment Farrah style.  I can't remember exactly what they were, I should have written it down but she made no sense.  Anyone else pick up on this?

This episode title "Suns Out, Buns Out" was directed at Cheyenne and her buns in front of her family and it rivals "In Sod We Trust".   I did not understand any of what going on with that segment.  

• Love 13

Bristol’s phone call with her husband was ridiculous. What hell was she rambling about? As he said, he mentioned nothing about any of that crap. It’s like she was having a conversation with herself. She better watch it or she’s going to prove Farrah right about trying to act like her. 

Dakota asked what seemed to be a simple question, and Bristol responded with some weird defensive speech that sounded really rehearsed. Given enough time, I think I could really come to dislike Bristol. But I doubt this show will last long enough for me to get there. Its getting really boring, as others have noted. I was heavy on my fast-forward button too. I skipped past all of Maci's PCOS thing and all of Gary's bio dad drama. 

Amber needs to get a reality check. Once the show is over, there will be no more month-long vacations to Los Angeles. McDonalds won't be willing to give her that kind of time off, and that's all she's qualified for at this point. Whatever happened with her clothing line? Or was it makeup??

What bugs me more than anything about this show is that it gave these young women 9 years to really make something of themselves by getting an education or a skill or something, fully paid for. And most of them have done absolutely nothing but sit on their asses and claim books they didn't write themselves.

• Love 14
1 hour ago, Kellyee said:

What bugs me more than anything about this show is that it gave these young women 9 years to really make something of themselves by getting an education or a skill or something, fully paid for. And most of them have done absolutely nothing but sit on their asses and claim books they didn't write themselves.

I agree. I mean I can't blame them for not getting 9-5 jobs if they have  the money to live well without it. But in all this time, they should have at least gone to school for something to fall back on when reality tv money inevitably runs out so they have at least have the degree. None of them have any education or skills and i'm sure despite their paychecks, their savings accounts aren't too large.

I feel like Cate and Tyler will get a divorce just to have a storyline so the show continues on.

• Love 7

So the house that Amber said will do was in LA? I thought they were moving.  Ha, that's because I ffed. 

I think Maxi will be ok after the show.  TTM seems to do well, I think.  

The one who I think couldn't handle a day to day job would be Cate.  

• Love 1

I finally watched the episode via dailymotion as I’m so excited to see the ratings fall that I will NOT contribute to anymore ratings. I think it would be cool if all of us PTV members ban together and only watch the show two days later on sites like dailymotion and clips from Twitter, etc., to keep the ratings down. ?

Cheyenne was sooo over the top. I finally realized how they got the title of the episode. When Cheyenne’s dad told her to cover her butt, Zack yelled out “suns out, buns out” lol. Whatever.

If I were Cheyenne I would have wanted Zach’s friend to leave, too, my party and you’re going to taunt me? Hello no. HOWEVER, being that it happened soon after her over the top drama about the silly, sarcastic comment her dad made, she would have pissed me off too. Too much drama for one pool party with Cheyenne being the common denominator. Maybe she shouldn’t drink hard liquor. I’m wondering if it’s all intentional for the ratings and that the family were asked to be overly dramatic.

I fast forward through all of Mavis segments. MTV could save a lot of money if they just fired her. Nobody watches her shit. Her monotonous monologues about her fake PCOS can take a hike. I’m soooo sick of watching them wear TTM shirts. Anyone else notice (the one moment I caught of her scenes) that Maci has a new booty? The girl has always had a flat butt and doesn’t exercise so I’m wondering if she got butt implants or wearing butt padding lol.

Out of all of the things Tyler has sacrificed for Cate in order for her to go to the spa center three times SHE couldn’t accommodate ONE TASK that was IMPORTANT to Tyler!!! A friggin QUESTIONNAIRE!!!???!???!??? 

I loved watching Tyler take shots of truth serum. He basically said “I liked my routine without your ass interfering” like, my life without you in it worked well for me. 

Also, when dr oz was asking about the lowest point for them as a couple Cate said “when we first began couples therapy a while back” and Tyler’s look said it all “bitcj, NOW is our lowest point, not then, NOW!!!”

Cate just kept giving Tyler these mean face looks. Maybe it’s her resting bitch face but she didn’t appear happy when he was trying to say that they were currently in the midst of their lowest point as a couple.

To be a fly on the wall when Cate said she was pregnant. I’m going to speculate that Cate stopped her birth control on purpose and Tyler was planning to leave her.

I’m worried about what will happen if the gender reveal shows another girl. Because Tyler is probably thinking “if I’m going to be stuck with Cate now that she’s pregnant can I at least get a son out of it?” as I remember him seeming upset when they found out Nova was a girl when he wanted a son.

Bristol was too much with her response to Dakotas question about the next weeks schedule. That’s all I got. I’m not too invested in the new girls.

• Love 6

I think Maxi will be ok after the show.  TTM seems to do well, I think.  

The one who I think couldn't handle a day to day job would be Cate.  

Catelynn, Tyler, and Amber all appear to live in La La Land. Tyler specifically has made statements indicating he has no clue what awaits him when reality fame goes away. His mother has tried to point out to him several times that he needs a post-MTV plan. I would be surprised if that clothing line supports them long-term.

Catelynn and Tyler should be good for one season of Marriage Boot Camp though.

• Love 4