Type keyword(s) to search

S13 E11: Staying Strong

ByTor
  • Start Topic

2 hours ago, RedDelicious said:

We had certain rules we followed for sure. But it was more like we couldn't have a drink if we were wearing our badge, that sort of thing.

We couldn't drink if we were wearing our letters.  So I have all these pictures of us at things like our Hayride or tailgates with our sweatshirts inside out.  I guess we figured it didn't count if our letters were backward.

• Love 1
12 hours ago, kacesq said:

I don't understand why Kelli is struggling with cuts. Malena should be gone, Victoria should be gone, Kristin should be gone. There. Done. Loved the guest choreographer.

I think she struggled because she knew deep down that Victoria should have been cut, she didn't want to do it, and she couldn't justify cutting TCCs who were better than VK before cutting her.  

• Love 7

@sATL My parents learned from books as young adults / newlyweds and then they taught us ? I still have their books and my dad's original Mr. Boston cocktail guide! ?

ETA: I tidy up in hotel rooms too! It's just a nice thing to do. They always told us, our mess is our job, not someone else's. That being said, after all these years, I still have to clean up after my sister, because she's not as tidy as me. I make her leave the tip ?

Edited by RedDelicious
  • Love 4

How do the stickers work? Is there a limit to how many stickers each person can give? Are they week-by-week, or accumulated throughout training camp? It seems like that would be a pretty easy way to make cuts. Victoria, having only one sticker, would be the first logical cut. Other girls who only have one or two would be next. IMO, Victoria, Kristen, and Malena all should have gone home this week. They're all consistently struggling, have been struggling (VK with weight, the others with dance) from day one, and don't seem to be improving. If five cuts absolutely still have to be made, and those three are so clearly the weakest links with only 2 weeks left to go, it seems inevitable that they'll all go home. Why drag it out?

I thought it was interesting that Kelli mentioned that in previous years they've been able to be more flexible with how many girls they took. I wonder if she was told this year that they could not take more than 36 for any reason.

• Love 3
59 minutes ago, Pink-n-Green said:

"Dear Kelli, OMGosh, I just found the craziest photos of you and Mr. Jones that I took at that playoff game after party!  Remember how confused the caterers were because they couldn't find the whipped cream?  Have a great day!  XOXO, Your very best friend who knows everything about you, Tina"

DEAR LORD!!!! ???????

• Love 3
10 hours ago, MyFavShows said:

She’s not as bad, but she’s another one like Britney Evens w/ a fake sounding babydoll voice that isn’t normal for an adult woman.   Is it a Texas thing to talk like that? 

Not the way I was raised, or where I grew up in Texas. I find this baby doll way of talking everywhere. I think a lot of it has to do with the way parents speak to their daughters. I talked adult talk to my children, even as infants. I save the baby talk for my two cats. :D

• Love 5
1 hour ago, sATL said:

What's the rule on bread (dinner rolls), toast & biscuits ? That has to be eaten with fork too? ?

You take the bread and place it on your small bread plate to your left. You take some butter from the butter dish with a knife and place it on your bread plate. Do not use a knife to cut your bread. You tear a small mouth sized portion of bread which you butter. Place that in your mouth, chew, repeat only when you're ready to eat more bread. Don't line up a whole bunch of little bite sized pre-buttered pieces! Do not butter the entire bread and tear off pieces. Expect the occasional amazed comment, "You eat your bread properly!" if you're able to eat follow bread eating etiquette. No one really cares about this but it's good to know for really formal occasions.

As for the episode it was great seeing Jinelle as DCC Staff assisting. It's way too early to be talking about her taking over Kelly or Judy's role not to mention disrespectful. I'd like to see more of Jinelle in a pep talk guidance role to encourage the candidates.

Sad that Kristen had to go. She was articulate, intelligent and really representative of what a modern, thoughtful DCC should be. Sadly that massive commute must have taken its toll as she always appeared resigned and tired. I really hope she sorts out her work situation so she isn't driving 100+ miles to practise next time. She'd make a great DCC.

+1 KaShara for saying how it is with Victoria! It was great seeing the girls wearing the DCC uniform. Sadly Victoria's mid-section looked like it was about to burst, poor thing. Any other year the candidate would have been dropped, yet we're still seeing her week in, week out, embarrassing herself. Quail is not seafood!

Brennan looked great this episode, rooting for her to make it on her third try. Wish they did more profiling on the Veterans or other candidates I feel they cover the majority poorly.

• Love 12

When Kellie said she had no one to see in her office, you could see everyone’s heart stop.  I’m sure they all were thinking she was about to say congratulations.  I felt bad for all of them in that moment, but I also chuckled ??

• Love 14
58 minutes ago, Clarke said:

You take the bread and place it on your small bread plate to your left. You take some butter from the butter dish with a knife and place it on your bread plate. Do not use a knife to cut your bread. You tear a small mouth sized portion of bread which you butter. Place that in your mouth, chew, repeat only when you're ready to eat more bread. Don't line up a whole bunch of little bite sized pre-buttered pieces! Do not butter the entire bread and tear off pieces. Expect the occasional amazed comment, "You eat your bread properly!" if you're able to eat follow bread eating etiquette. No one really cares about this but it's good to know for really formal occasions.

Brennan looked great this episode, rooting for her to make it on her third try. Wish they did more profiling on the Veterans or other candidates I feel they cover the majority poorly.

Blah blah blah I'm cutting my bread and putting on some butter WITH MY KNIFE!!! lol

Also, Brennan did look really good!

8 minutes ago, KickPretty said:

When Kellie said she had no one to see in her office, you could see everyone’s heart stop.  I’m sure they all were thinking she was about to say congratulations.  I felt bad for all of them in that moment, but I also chuckled ??

BUAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA I thought the same thing!!

• Love 7

How come VK suddenly has the best hair when they even had to ask her whether she is brushing them? I guess anyone’s hair could look good with extensions and professional help, but she won’t have that all the time.

i loved seeing Jinelle assisting Judy! She could absolutely take over for either and she would make a great team with my girl JennK. They should keep Kashara around too.

Loved the leaders meeting. They should be making these cuts honestly. And I agree, GO KASHARA.

i didn’t like the choreographer and I hate his style. Of course he liked Maddie, she’s the only one who likes his s****** kind of hip hop. I’m glad he also liked Lacey and Kash. Bridget is one of my favorites and I’m glad she proved him wrong.

• Love 8
11 hours ago, MyFavShows said:

She’s not as bad, but she’s another one like Britney Evens w/ a fake sounding babydoll voice that isn’t normal for an adult woman.   Is it a Texas thing to talk like that? 

I don’t think either of them are from TX.  I think Britney is from MS and Jordan from NM.

7 hours ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

I loved hearing what the group leaders had to say about the TCCs. I wish we had been able to hear even more. I already liked Kashara but the fact that she was not afraid to be honest about why she didn't choose Victoria, KNOWING that she's Kelli's little pet, made me love her even more.

Although I didn't love the guest choreographer's actual choreography, I did like the musicality he used for the routine. So many people just choreograph right on the beat and don't pay enough attention to all the nuances of the music. And he got bonus points from me too for using "What a Girl Wants" - I was singing along with all the girls! I also liked that he gave some very specific feedback to some of the girls. I wish he hadn't singled Bridget out though. It wasn't necessary for him to have her walk out to the middle of the dance floor to give her that feedback.

As a nosy person, I also loved pausing the episode to see how many stickers each dancer had. TCCs Brennan, Bridget, Amber, and Daphne each had six! And apparently there's a TCC named Caroline who got five stickers. My reaction to seeing that: who the hell is Caroline?! I was waiting for Kelli to try to justify keeping Victoria when she had only one sticker (and from Kitty who gets paid by Victoria's parents).

As much as I enjoy the etiquette class every year, it also makes me laugh because of all the people who work for the Cowboys organization, the DCCs are the LEAST likely to ever have to sit down and eat a meal in front of people.

Kristin won points with me when she said that she used to be a picky eater but that because she has traveled to other countries for missions, she learned to eat whatever is put in front of her because other people don't have food to eat.

Bridget also won major points after she got called out by the guest choreographer. Even though she was visibly upset, she had such a good attitude (and she kept a smile on her face the entire time): "The worst thing that can happen is just that I don't make the team!" (said without making it seem like that would destroy her world)

Hahahaha, I had to laugh when Taylor J said that she was trying to take care of her knee and Kelli said, "You're a teacher, not a doctor."

It is making me SO MAD that Kelli keeps cutting people who are NOT Victoria. WHAT THE ACTUAL FUCK?!!!

Victoria also get demerits for saying, "You never know when you're going to be in front of the Joneses family." Girl, did no one teach you the difference between singular and plural? "The Jones family" is singular. "The Joneses" is plural. The Jones family invited us for dinner. The Joneses are having a dinner party.

ETA: Stickers that I saw on the board:
KF - Kelli (neon green)
JT - Judy (neon yellow)
MRS - Melissa (orange)
KC - Kitty (pink)
KG - Kashara (dark green)
MM - Maddie (light blue)
LM - Lacey (red)
AL - Amy (yellow)
NF - ?? (dark blue)

Does anyone know what it means when there is a B written on the girls' pictures? Victoria, Kristin, Caroline, Lacey, Gina, Tess, Amy, and Amber each had a B on the upper left corner of their picture.

And who is NF?

Nick flores

• Love 1
10 hours ago, 123DCCWoooo said:

And let me just say that I’m SO disappointed that Colleen didn’t bring her whistle.

HA!  So true!  But I did love that 50's Susie Homemaker music they played when she was doing her talking head.

• Love 5
31 minutes ago, LadyMsJay said:

Blah blah blah I'm cutting my bread and putting on some butter WITH MY KNIFE!!! lol

hell...I'm from Kentucky...we eat biscuits and butter it with our knives (or the back of a spoon if a knife isn't available)  and shove the whole thing in our mouths ;) 

• Love 13
49 minutes ago, KickPretty said:

Do you really think so? I didn’t think of that but I bet with only 2 weeks to go they could think the team announcement is coming even though 5 more cuts need to be made. 

• Love 1
14 minutes ago, Kayce said:

hell...I'm from Kentucky...we eat biscuits and butter it with our knives (or the back of a spoon if a knife isn't available)  and shove the whole thing in our mouths ;) 

From KY also and YEP WE DO. I use a spoon at work for my cream cheese on my bagels. 

• Love 3

How in the #@**! can Kelli justify keeping Victoria when even she has not given the girl a sticker? I mean, come on, Kelli can't even stoop low enough to pretend she deserves a sticker from her & she still can't bring herself to cut her? Kitty must have some major say-so in who stays since she was the only who gave her a sticker & she's still there. Something's rotten in the state of Denmark. ???

Edited by hannahbanana
  • Love 14
7 minutes ago, chabelisaywow said:

I felt like she didn't have the heart to cut anyone that night because Sparky Polastri (sorry that's who he reminded me of - SPIRIT FINGERS) put a lot of them on blast. I feel like that it wasn't just Bridget who did badly.  That choreo was just way too intricate to learn in a few hours.  Unless - he really was just looking for the "gist" of the piece. It felt disjointed to me.

I'M DYING lmao

• Love 14
5 hours ago, pasdetrois said:

Victoria wasn't the only one with a fluffy mid-section. Not by a long shot. The weight criticism is a red herring and for TV ratings. I think the real reason she'll get cut (I'm unspoiled) is that she's a loose cannon, not to mention the rudeness to Jinelle. She's not deferential enough for DCC.

More dancing, less "who'll get cut" drama please.

I think Jinelle is being groomed for Kelli's position. Perhaps Melissa R. is also a contender, although I think Melissa wants an entertainment career. But the window is closing on that for her, in terms of her age.

Who else was rolling out of their “handmade for them” uniform? Kelli has cut experienced veterans who were much better than dancers than Victoria for less weight gain than that and beautiful fit girls who were just a little square shaped, but not  “carrying weight in her mid section.”

I’ve just lost so much respect for Kelli this season for how easy she’s been on Victoria compared to any other girl in 13 seasons of the show. 

• Love 13
3 hours ago, blairwaldorf said:

I thought it was interesting that Kelli mentioned that in previous years they've been able to be more flexible with how many girls they took. I wonder if she was told this year that they could not take more than 36 for any reason.

I think she was talking about how they will often take on a girl that still needs to work on power (or whatever), but continue to develop her.  She is intimating that the rookie class is so strong this year there is no room for half-measures on this year's team.  First she says she wishes they could work with her on her inconsistencies, and then she adds..."and  had more spots".  I don't think she is limited.  If the girl was that good they would accept 37, but she is not.

3 hours ago, blairwaldorf said:

Shelly Bramhall addressed that in a different (spoiler) thread.  Due to budget implementations, 36 is now a hard number.  There's no flexibility with the number anymore. 

• Love 13
2 hours ago, dreamcatcher said:

How come VK suddenly has the best hair when they even had to ask her whether she is brushing them? I guess anyone’s hair could look good with extensions and professional help, but she won’t have that all the time.

i loved seeing Jinelle assisting Judy! She could absolutely take over for either and she would make a great team with my girl JennK. They should keep Kashara around too.

Loved the leaders meeting. They should be making these cuts honestly. And I agree, GO KASHARA.

i didn’t like the choreographer and I hate his style. Of course he liked Maddie, she’s the only one who likes his s****** kind of hip hop. I’m glad he also liked Lacey and Kash. Bridget is one of my favorites and I’m glad she proved him wrong.

Are we sure she has extensions?  In that scene when she flopped her head on the table I didn’t see the usual extension signs.  Plus her hair is very close to all one length.  I think she might just have really thick gorgeous hair.   I think her hair is beautiful.  Even the blonde color is very natural and healthy looking when you compare it to some of the other blondes like Lexi, Kelli and Gina.  I agree she’d be up there for the best hair - others w/ good hair are Savannah and Alexis.    Rachel W. has nice hair too, but I think she should cut it a little shorter - it’s like so long it swallows her up sometimes.

I don’t think Jinelle is a good enough dancer to be put in a Kelli or Judy role.  Did she ever even get far up in the triangle at all?  Her appeal has been mostly the Australia thing and how she’s stuck around for a long time - that shouldn’t get someone a job like Kelli’s or Judy’s - there are much better candidates like Michelle Keyes, Jenn K, Jacie, etc.   If this three years of employment for a Visa thing is true, I think that’s why they kept her around for this last year working - to be a fill in, help out w/ her experience and finish out that Visa.  Wouldn’t this have been year number 6?

Edited by MyFavShows
  • Love 4
3 hours ago, MyFavShows said:

I don’t think Jinelle is a good enough dancer to be put in a Kelli or Judy role.  Did she ever even get far up in the triangle at all?  Her appeal has been mostly the Australia thing and how she’s stuck around for a long time - that shouldn’t get someone a job like Kelli’s or Judy’s - there are much better candidates like Michelle Keyes, Jenn K, Jacie, etc.   If this three years of employment for a Visa thing is true, I think that’s why they kept her around for this last year working - to be a fill in, help out w/ her experience and finish out that Visa.  Wouldn’t this have been year number 6?

I love how Jinelle stepped in and in two tics had Jalyn so comfortable she was able to relax and deliver.  Being a Director doesn't need to hinge on how good a dancer someone was.  There is a lot more to the job.  Why would placement in the triangle be a reason to consider or not someone for the the Director job?  I'm not saying Jinelle is the person to take over when Kelli retires, I think there are other possibilities as well.  Nor do I know how her Australian citizenship would work for a permanent job in the U.S.  But I don't jive with the points you've stated to oppose Jinelle for consideration.

Edited by go4luca
  • Love 23
3 hours ago, KickPretty said:

Remember in an earlier season when she said her list was empty and announced them team like that. I like it. 

• Love 4

1) Loving Jinelle. She's such a lovely person and so professional. 

2) VK was stronger in this episode (I'm not a fan!) and I guess if her weight is coming down KF is looking for any reason to keep her. I was glad to hear Kashara say that she's immature in practice because I was worried my dislike of  her was down to biased edits but she does seem to be an all round pain in the butt.

3) I think KF should have cut two or three girls this week. It's so much better for the girls to be cut earlier rather than feel like they're in and then be cut at the last minute. 

4) GO BRENNAN!

5) @ShellyB - is the group leader consult we saw in this epi a regular occurrence or contrived for camera? WHERE IS THE SB STICKER :(

6) Great to see a musicality-oriented choreo session, also re Alex, KF said to her that she wanted her to get noticed by the next guest choreographer and she wasn't!

7) I would have liked to see more of cameos. But I did enjoy Colleen being back. I feel I wish we got to know more about the girls organically eg them on set at cameos rather than the "Hi I'm lala and this is my sib story" segments. We don't get to know enough of the girls' personalities in the studio and those are the fans' fave moments!

• Love 10
38 minutes ago, scorpio1031 said:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kelli_Finglass

If you read the section under Career, you will see what Kelli has done, and what any future director will probably be expected to maintain.  They will also have to be able to take the squad forward with new ideas, marketing concepts, understand budgets, etc.  If/when Kelli retires, it will be quite the search for a suitable replacement. 

All this and I dont for one second thinks Kelli is going to retire ANY TIME SOON. Like not for the next decade at least unless she gets sick or something, God Forbid.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, go4luca said:

I love how Jinelle stepped in and in two tics had Jalyn so comfortable she was able to relax and deliver.  Being a director doesn't need to 100% hinge on how good a dancer someone was.  There is a lot more to the job.  Why would placement in the triangle be the reason to consider or not someone for the the Director job?  I'm not saying Jinelle is the person to take over when Kelli retires, I think there are other possibilities as well.  Nor do I know how her Australian citizenship would work for a permanent job in the U.S.  Sorry, I don't jive with the points you've stated to oppose Jinelle for consideration.

Did she tell her something productive like "you need to be crispy bacon!!"  lol  (couldn't resist)

27 minutes ago, ElenaFR said:

I thought we were done with the dead arm over the head pose. 

I did a DCC google search and these 2 images were side by side... made me chuckle!

2018-10-09.png

• Love 10
1 minute ago, scorpio1031 said:

Bacon, milkshakes, IHOP and now we have quail:)  

now is quail the chicken of the sea?!  (c'mon, I can't be the only one that made a similar blonde big haired texan connection when Vk said quail was seafood)

• Love 7
2 minutes ago, CaseyRe said:

now is quail the chicken of the sea?!  (c'mon, I can't be the only one that made a similar blonde big haired texan connection when Vk said quail was seafood)

No, I think @Loves2Dance did as well:)  I was wondering if it was presented a certain way to make her think that until I saw the ep today.  I liked when she asked Kash if she liked it and she replied she knew it was a game bird:)  The other gal said she thought it tasted like Thanksgiving turkey, but I swear it looked like it was still in her mouth.

• Love 4
5 hours ago, DCCme said:

Rewatching the episode and the guest choreography looks like it would really work better for a 1990’s boy band so he’s staying in his wheelhouse.

I really hate it when they introduce the guest choreographers and the name dropping happens. I don't care if they worked with Britney Timberlake Madonna Jackson. So effing what? Are we supposed to be all impressed by this? I am not. 

• Love 8
5 hours ago, Clarke said:

You get my sticker! RD ⭐️

• Love 11
7 hours ago, dreamcatcher said:

I did too.  I hope they consider showing their interaction more.  After all is said and done, the GL's are the ones responsible for and interact directly with, the girls in each respective group.

Edited by go4luca
  • Love 11
44 minutes ago, tinabee1967 said:

I really hate it when they introduce the guest choreographers and the name dropping happens. I don't care if they worked with Britney Timberlake Madonna Jackson. So effing what? Are we supposed to be all impressed by this? I am not. 

Haha yes we are supposed to be impressed. It is impressive. Otherwise they're just some random person. 

• Love 11
39 minutes ago, go4luca said:

I did too.  I hope they consider showing their interaction more.  After all is said and done, the GL's are the ones responsible for and interact directly with the girls in each respective group.

I have a feeling Kashara wanted to say more. Sososososooooo much more. You could tell she was holding herself back from letting it spill. 

14 minutes ago, UnicornKicks said:

Haha yes we are supposed to be impressed. It is impressive. Otherwise they're just some random person.

Ok. I will work on being impressed and meditate so that I can channel in that inner spirit of impressiveness and become one with it.

Screenshot_20181012-185148_Chrome.jpg

Ok.....I tried this for all of, like, two minutes. Still not impressed. I guess I need some kind of guided visualization or intervention from a shaman to get there....

Edited by tinabee1967
  • Love 5

I loved the choreographer.  I thought it was really cool to see the girls try something new.  Kashara, Maddie, and Cianna did a great job.  I loved that he called out Lacey, Maddie and Kashara on the pom.  These girls are such great dancers.

I do not know why at the end of the show VK and Malena are still there.  Their own group leaders did not vote for them.  Amy said it best Malena is a great ambassador but not a dancer.  Vk  Kashara who is so sweet to everyone said the girl does not think when she speaks.  VK's interview (No words), Vk's belly, Vk's immaturity, etc.  VK should have been gone.  You go Kash for calling it like you see it.  Kashara may not be invited to the Kalina Xmas party but someone from the team needed to speak up.  Judy had to be elated someone said something finally against the anointed one.  I do think Kashara was holding some back.  Lacey just looked at Kashara.

I am glad they finally cut Kristen.  Maybe the girl can get some sleep.

And Ashlee and Lacey.  That's rough.  I know Kash had a group 2 watching party for one of the episodes.  These girls do not know what will or won't be shown.

• Love 11
1 hour ago, scorpio1031 said:

No, I think @Loves2Dance did as well:)  I was wondering if it was presented a certain way to make her think that until I saw the ep today.  I liked when she asked Kash if she liked it and she replied she knew it was a game bird:)  The other gal said she thought it tasted like Thanksgiving turkey, but I swear it looked like it was still in her mouth.

She did look like she had a big bite in her cheek. I thought Colleen was going to tell her not to talk with her mouth full. 

• Love 2

When the color was initially removed, it was obvious by the salon lighting they did some kind of gloss/filler treatment before applying the final shade. They did a great job of keeping Jalyn's hair in the best condition possible. It looked very strong and shiny. But...any type of red fades quickly. It is just the nature of the beast. The second color retouch should hold better, especially if she uses the products the salon recommends. 

• Love 4