Type keyword(s) to search

Steven & Olga: Babies With Babies

• Start Topic

14 hours ago, gavinmac said:

Did Steven rent a car for weeks while in Russia, or does Olga own it? Russia generally has extensive public transport and it has taxi apps (probably without baby seats) and I don't understand why he'd rent a car.   Driving a car in Russia, with Russian street signs and Russia road rules and those batsh-t crazy Russian dashcam incidents would just be another source of stress for unstable Steven and a way for him to inadvertently get arrested for doing something wrong.

I know, he navigated those Russian streets with ease, no anxiety or yelling at other drivers...something is off there. 

• Love 2

Can I get the cliff notes? Please!   Are these two together in America??? In Russia?  Where is Richie?

I was trying to be good and look for these answers but I see some of y’all got hot and Drogo had to get up from his seat.

I have no idea what the heck I was reading!

Thanks!

4 minutes ago, Baltimore Betty said:

I know, he navigated those Russian streets with ease, no anxiety or yelling at other drivers...something is off there. 

If you can drive in America.....you can drive anywhere!  It is really not that difficult.

Actually, sometimes I find it harder to drive here because of so much construction the maps and GPS are not always accurate.

• Love 2
8 hours ago, LilaFowler said:

I saw online today a bit about Olga's background. When she was 13, her parents killed her older sister. They were part of some religious sect, thought that the sister was the devil and murdered her while trying to "purify" her. Olga discovered her sister's body, was the one who called the police and ultimately testified against them at trial. Both of her parents were declared insane and are locked up. Olga was put into an orphanage and then bounced around between relatives until she was 18.

I'll try to find where I saw this but it was probably the subreddit for the show or starcasm -- the usual suspects.

OMG!

18 hours ago, gavinmac said:

Did Steven rent a car for weeks while in Russia, or does Olga own it? Russia generally has extensive public transport and it has taxi apps (probably without baby seats) and I don't understand why he'd rent a car.   Driving a car in Russia, with Russian street signs and Russia road rules and those batsh-t crazy Russian dashcam incidents would just be another source of stress for unstable Steven and a way for him to inadvertently get arrested for doing something wrong.

Totally weird. But Voronezh isn't Moscow so maybe it's not that bad?

• Love 2
10 hours ago, LilaFowler said:

I saw online today a bit about Olga's background. When she was 13, her parents killed her older sister. They were part of some religious sect, thought that the sister was the devil and murdered her while trying to "purify" her. Olga discovered her sister's body, was the one who called the police and ultimately testified against them at trial. Both of her parents were declared insane and are locked up. Olga was put into an orphanage and then bounced around between relatives until she was 18.

I'll try to find where I saw this but it was probably the subreddit for the show or starcasm -- the usual suspects.

Holy sh-t. It's like everyone in this show has a really troubled background. Danielle bouncing checks, Ashley being kidnapped and assaulted, Paul's an arsonist, Larissa abandoned three kids in Brazil, David and Annie probably met at a hooker bar, Jorge was a felon, Eric was homeless, etc. 

I wouldn't blame Olga for really wanting a fresh start in a new country if this were the case.

• Love 9
4 hours ago, gonecrackers said:

Reg. Olga, do we know how is she supporting herself, going to school, & able to travel to the US that summer? Just wondering.

I'm wondered myself and I have some suspicions but don't want to go there. However she did it though I wish her the best. If half of these stories are true this kid deserves a break. 

• Love 8
26 minutes ago, Lillith said:

I'm wondered myself and I have some suspicions but don't want to go there. However she did it though I wish her the best. If half of these stories are true this kid deserves a break. 

The businesses that hire foreign workers for the tourist season will usually provide airfare and board, and maybe some meals.

• Love 9
14 hours ago, LilaFowler said:

News article about it. Horrific. Maybe this is why she thinks Steven is perfectly normal.  https://www.news24.com/World/News/Couple-tried-over-exorcism-killing-20111101?cpid=1&fbclid=IwAR0g_hQ_JyhcnugfXco70YrS9OuL0loNXnKUcGmgdw-k2wBvtqbN_F8qtpY

• Love 8
3 hours ago, gavinmac said:

How do we know the younger sister was Olga?...OMG I hope not. That makes Steven all the more insensitive saying things like "You KNOW how my family talks to me..." well your parents didn't murder your sister so there's that...

• Love 10
9 minutes ago, sainte-chapelle said:

How do we know the younger sister was Olga?...OMG I hope not. That makes Steven all the more insensitive saying things like "You KNOW how my family talks to me..." well your parents didn't murder your sister so there's that...

More confirmation: https://soapdirt.com/90-day-fiance-horror-story-olga-grandparents-brutally-murdered-her-mother-left-her-an-orphan/?fbclid=IwAR1_EqGF0T-VSajGZbF-n_hh9mbVYbpwVYPlIR_OnKxyLew_fntTdIUYUtM

• Love 2
18 hours ago, LilaFowler said:

Holy shit, I hope this isn't true.  If so, it even makes Steven that much worse of a human being for being such a dick and boo hoo-ing about his fucking life.

And nice self-serving statement, Steven.  A better reaction would have been, "I realize what was captured was truly frightening and I acted like an asshole because I was scared, stressed, etc..."  Instead, it's "we" and editing.  

Watching that promo of him making her cry about taking the baby with him to USA makes me wonder how anyone could defend him as anyone with a few brain cells would know separating mom from an infant is extremely stupid.  How is that idiot going to feed him? Will he use the "baby can wait" excuse when he doesn't feel like dealing with him?   Who watches the baby -- the mom's of the friends whose houses he crashes at b/c he has no fixed address?  

• Love 7
18 hours ago, LilaFowler said:

If this is true, then Steven knows about it - and SHAME ON HIM for whining about his upbringing to her. Truly, STFU Steven.

• Love 9

Good decision making is not necessarily a strong skill set that the participants on this show possess.  I am so tired of reality show participants turning on viewers as "haters" for making observations based on what we are shown.  They are the ones who wanted to be on t.v. and live their lives in front of others.  Therefore, we can comment on what we see and should not get "scolded" by the participants.

I agree with others that Olga and Steven had troubled childhoods.  I think they probably thought this show would be a way to earn some money.  So, their choice.  It's also my choice to comment on what I see.

• Love 12
On 12/12/2018 at 5:44 PM, Gobi said:

The businesses that hire foreign workers for the tourist season will usually provide airfare and board, and maybe some meals.

Yeah.  I live in a resort area, and there are hundreds of foreign kids who come here every Summer.  There are companies who make the arrangements for them.  The employers here usually find them housing.  Almost all of the kids work 2 full-time jobs while they're here, and save money for school.  They work all Summer, then go back for school in the Fall.

• Love 5

I just watched the half hour "First Look: Backed Into a Corner"

I will put it in a spoiler tag, just in case.  If it's not needed, then a mod can remove it.

Steven is getting all the documents ready to get Richie's American citizenship the next day.  One of the things he needs is a statement that Richie does not have an S.S number.  Brainiac Steven cannot figure out what that is.  He really cannot figure out that S.S number is Social Security number.  Also there is this scary exchange when Steven and Olga are talking about him taking Richie to the US.

Steven: "So, basically you have no say in it"

Olga: "What?"

Steven: "Since you aren't a US citizen, and don't have the visa, you have no say in it"

Olga:  "But I am his Mother"

Steven: "That doesn't matter"

Steven: "My son is not going to grow up in Russia"

Scary huh?

• Love 17
On 12/1/2018 at 6:25 PM, configdotsys said:

I don't typically look at these people's social media pages unless someone posts something interesting here but today I looked at Olga's Instagram and came away puzzled. She is insisting that we are only seeing a few minutes of their life and we didn't see how Steven rubbed her feet or took care of her in some wonderful way. The implication of course is that he's just a swell guy and we just don't know it because we only see what they show us and they don't show us the nice stuff.

What she fails to see is that no matter what nice things he does for her, he DID do the un-nice things too and anyone who would speak to her in that tone, insist that "baby" not come first, is pissed about Olga not giving him attention, and not thanking him (!!!) for what he does for her, is vicious, cruel and mean. Olga seems to think that these things cancel each other out in some way: he can act with a violent looking temper but all is fine because later he will rub her feet or get her water or whatever. It's like "Well, he's not like that all the time..." Lord.

Well, she is only 20 years old. She may not completely understand how emotional abuse works. She will learn...

• Love 4
10 hours ago, Honey said:

I will put it in a spoiler tag, just in case.  If it's not needed, then a mod can remove it.

Hide contents

Steven is getting all the documents ready to get Richie's American citizenship the next day.  One of the things he needs is a statement that Richie does not have an S.S number.  Brainiac Steven cannot figure out what that is.  He really cannot figure out that S.S number is Social Security number.  Also there is this scary exchange when Steven and Olga are talking about him taking Richie to the US.

Steven: "Since you aren't a US citizen, and don't have the visa, you have no say in it"

Scary huh?

I hope she doesn’t sign any papers until she has s chance to talk to the people at the embassy. The citizenship application takes time and then there’s the wait for the passport and visa.  He said he only has two weeks left on his own visa so I dont think he has the time to get everything together. 

• Love 8
5 minutes ago, iwasish said:

I hope she doesn’t sign any papers until she has s chance to talk to the people at the embassy. The citizenship application takes time and then there’s the wait for the passport and visa.  He said he only has two weeks left on his own visa so I dont think he has the time to get everything together. 

I don’t know about Russia’s paternity laws but in the US there is a process to establishing paternity when parents are not married. Steven is not the legal father and has no custody status at this time.

What is most troubling for me is how cruel he appears. It’s as though he is dangling taking the baby away from Olga as a “gotcha” for not having given him enough love. 

• Love 17
18 minutes ago, Rabbittron said:

I'll bet you  her parents emotionally abused  her when she was growing up with them 

. this is what she's used too.

It's worse than that. Read what LILAFOWLER posted a few days ago:

On ‎12‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 4:07 AM, LilaFowler said:

• Love 1
1 hour ago, hisbunkie said:

I don’t know about Russia’s paternity laws but in the US there is a process to establishing paternity when parents are not married. Steven is not the legal father and has no custody status at this time.

What is most troubling for me is how cruel he appears. It’s as though he is dangling taking the baby away from Olga as a “gotcha” for not having given him enough love. 

All I had to do was put the father’s name on the birth certificate. I guess it could have been an issue if he tried to deny paternity

On 12/3/2018 at 1:02 PM, Rdh1314 said:

He's 20. Give the kid a break. If he's made mistakes in the past,  it doesn't destin him to be a failure in the future.  

Olga is 20 too. Plus after c-section, plus an orphan, plus taking care of her newborn son. Why should she give him a break?

in Steven’s case it is not about immaturity, it is about serious clinical psychological issues that need to be treated professionally 

3 hours ago, Teri313 said:

It's worse than that. Read what LILAFOWLER posted a few days ago:

I admire this girl even more. 

• Love 13
On 12/3/2018 at 7:39 PM, gonecrackers said:

Apologies if this has been posted; Steven may be feeling the backlash & doing a little damage control.

https://www.realitytvworld.com/news/90-day-fiance-star-steven-frend-apologizes-for-treating-olga-koshimbetova-poorly-after-baby-birth-24956.php

He can apologize 1000 times and treat her the same way again tomorrow. It is HIS NORMAL behavior. He doesn’t think it is wrong

• Love 16
On 12/12/2018 at 5:16 PM, Lillith said:

If she was a full-time student she could have applied for lifeguard jobs in ocean city that summer

22 hours ago, Honey said:

Reveal hidden contents

Scary huh?

Just saw this as well and I am so frightened for her and the baby. That dude is a massive shithead.

Edited by Toodleoo
  • Love 5
13 hours ago, hisbunkie said:

I looked it up and posted on the episode thread.  Steven doesn't need to establish paternity really.  In order to get Richie US citizenship Steven needs to claim paternity and promise to financially support Richie until he's 18.  After that he can easily apply for a US passport for Richie.  But he would also need a Russian passport to get him out of Russia since Richie doesn't have a visa.  

This is the time when I really love bureaucracy.  I honestly don't think Steven has enough time left on his own visa to get all this paperwork finished.  He can suck it when his time runs out and Richie gets to stay with Olga and have a chance at a happy, healthy babyhood.

• Love 10
11 hours ago, Kangatush said:

I looked it up and posted on the episode thread.  Steven doesn't need to establish paternity really.  In order to get Richie US citizenship Steven needs to claim paternity and promise to financially support Richie until he's 18.  After that he can easily apply for a US passport for Richie.  But he would also need a Russian passport to get him out of Russia since Richie doesn't have a visa.  

This is the time when I really love bureaucracy.  I honestly don't think Steven has enough time left on his own visa to get all this paperwork finished.  He can suck it when his time runs out and Richie gets to stay with Olga and have a chance at a happy, healthy babyhood.

I hope you're right, because I think he could easily persuade Olga into letting him take Richie.  All he would have to do is accuse her of being a bad, selfish Mother by keeping the baby in Russia.

• Love 3
On 12/15/2018 at 11:28 AM, JennyMominFL said:

All I had to do was put the father’s name on the birth certificate. I guess it could have been an issue if he tried to deny paternity

Just an FYI (I’m not an attorney, just a retired Mental Health Professional who worked with families for decades.

There is a big difference between “alleged” biological father, and legal father.  Naming someone on a birth certificate does not establish paternity. Marriage does. So, for example, if a couple is still married any child born of that married is legally the child of the husband.  The husband would have custody rights and financial obligations.  Even if not the bio father  

On the other hand, outside of marriage, one can name a father, have the child carry the father’s name and not have a legal relationship. So in case of death the child would have no legal standing regarding SS benefits or inheritance.  Family Court order would have to establish paternity. That’s why it’s so important to establish paternity at birth. It’s just paperwork. 

Back to Steven and Olga, in the US he would have to establish paternity via Family Court. Either DNA or Olga’s agreement. 

As I would often explain to clients, you can name your child Donald Duck, it does not mean he can get into Disneyland for free.

• Love 7
On 12/12/2018 at 11:45 AM, gavinmac said:

Holy sh-t. It's like everyone in this show has a really troubled background. Danielle bouncing checks, Ashley being kidnapped and assaulted, Paul's an arsonist, Larissa abandoned three kids in Brazil, David and Annie probably met at a hooker bar, Jorge was a felon, Eric was homeless, etc. 

I wouldn't blame Olga for really wanting a fresh start in a new country if this were the case.

Yet every 5 minutes or so we get reminded of how bad Steven had it growing up.  It's not a contest, but that really puts it into perspective.

• Love 5
On 12/12/2018 at 4:44 PM, Gobi said:

I worked in Yellowstone NP one summer - majority of staff at the hotels, cafes, stores etc in the park are foreign young people.  We were provided a very cheap dorm type of living space along with cheap food service options while working long hours.  Since the area was kind of isolated and most of us did not have transportation there really wasn’t much opportunity to spend money, so it was easy to save practically all of our paycheck.

A lot of the young people would have a visa or whatever to live/work here for 3-6 months, they would work the3-4 months in the park then take the money earned and travel thru the rest of USA the remainder of their time here. 

• Love 6
3 hours ago, hisbunkie said:

Just an FYI (I’m not an attorney, just a retired Mental Health Professional who worked with families for decades.

There is a big difference between “alleged” biological father, and legal father.  Naming someone on a birth certificate does not establish paternity. Marriage does. So, for example, if a couple is still married any child born of that married is legally the child of the husband.  The husband would have custody rights and financial obligations.  Even if not the bio father  

On the other hand, outside of marriage, one can name a father, have the child carry the father’s name and not have a legal relationship. So in case of death the child would have no legal standing regarding SS benefits or inheritance.  Family Court order would have to establish paternity. That’s why it’s so important to establish paternity at birth. It’s just paperwork. 

Back to Steven and Olga, in the US he would have to establish paternity via Family Court. Either DNA or Olga’s agreement. 

As I would often explain to clients, you can name your child Donald Duck, it does not mean he can get into Disneyland for free.

Yes, I am an attorney and I did immigration law for two seconds after law school.  In my social circle most unmarried hetero couples (whether they are still together or not) name the father on the birth certificate AND the man signs a legal acknowledgment of paternity (forms are at the admin office in the hospital, they are witnessed by a 3rd party and both parents sign)- I’m in IL. If both those things are done the man is the legal father and a DNA test isn’t needed. 

If Steven signs an acknowledgment of paternity he won’t need to get a DNA test- the legal acknowledgment is enough to establish Ritche’s USC. 

• Love 9
3 hours ago, hisbunkie said:

I put my childs father on the BC. Eventually, his dad had an Aortic dissection and was granted SSDI. His son also got a monthly check without us doing anything but show SS the Birth certificate.  My son was born in 1995 though, so a while ago. Aortic dissection was in 2007

Edited by JennyMominFL
  • Love 2
23 minutes ago, Scarlett45 said:

es, I am an attorney and I did immigration law for two seconds after law school.  In my social circle most unmarried hetero couples (whether they are still together or not) name the father on the birth certificate AND the man signs a legal acknowledgment of paternity (forms are at the admin office in the hospital, they are witnessed by a 3rd party and both parents sign)- I’m in IL. If both those things are done the man is the legal father and a DNA test isn’t needed. 

Same process here in MN.

• Love 1
43 minutes ago, Scarlett45 said:

If Steven signs an acknowledgment of paternity he won’t need to get a DNA test- the legal acknowledgment is enough to establish Ritche’s USC. 

Do you mean signing something in the US or in Russia? Because we didn't see any papers being signed in hospital did we? I sure as hell hope not, because I doubt Numnuts McRagehead has had the foresight to gather any relevant docs from the US and bring them with. He's an idiot who flies by the seat of his pants and I can only hope that he cannot get everything secured in time to even attempt to rip that baby away from his mother. Does this fucking moron even understand the important of exclusive breastfeeding for the first 6+ months of a baby's life?! Of course he doesnt, because he doesn't give enough shits to prepare himself before this kid arrived. I have zero fucks to give for this asshole. He can fuck right off any time now AFAIC.

• Love 13
10 minutes ago, gingerella said:

Do you mean signing something in the US or in Russia? Because we didn't see any papers being signed in hospital did we? I sure as hell hope not, because I doubt Numnuts McRagehead has had the foresight to gather any relevant docs from the US and bring them with. He's an idiot who flies by the seat of his pants and I can only hope that he cannot get everything secured in time to even attempt to rip that baby away from his mother. Does this fucking moron even understand the important of exclusive breastfeeding for the first 6+ months of a baby's life?! Of course he doesnt, because he doesn't give enough shits to prepare himself before this kid arrived. I have zero fucks to give for this asshole. He can fuck right off any time now AFAIC.

I meant in the USA. I agree Steven isn’t very bright. 

• Love 4
17 hours ago, Kangatush said:

This is the time when I really love bureaucracy.

Me too - I hope everything in Russia grinds to a halt.  I can't believe he would actually consider taking a tiny baby from his nursing mother and go to the USA.  Where would they live?  How wold he support them?  Who would take care of the baby in the US?  How will he ever figure out was SS stands for?

I was nervous when they were meeting Olga's friend. I was waiting for Olga and her BFF to want to go and talk alone, you know, girl talk, and stuff.  I could hear Steven now:  "Why are you leaving to talk with her?  WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT IN RUSSIAN?"  Classic abuser - separate her from friends and support system.

• Love 11
23 hours ago, Kangatush said:

I agree that he doesn't need DNA proof, but I think there's slightly more required than just him declaring that he's the father. Like, first of all, he has to present the baby at the embassy,  and the consular staff eyeballs the baby and looks him up and down him and decides that they look enough alike or at least that the baby isn't a totally different ethnicity. Like remember from a prior season there was Josh and Aleksandra the Russian party girl, who had a black daughter that they said was his? Well, if that baby were born in Russia and Josh walked into the embassy with that girl and said it was his, they would demand more proof. 

Anyway, I think Steven probably has to bring proof that he knows Olga and they were in the same country during the time frame when the baby was conceived.

If her fiancee visa is denied for some reason, they can apply again, or they can get married in Russia and apply for a spouse visa. And of course the sensible thing to do is to leave the breast feeding baby with the mother while all that is sorted out, it's not going to kill the kid to spend a year or two in Russia. Olga should just tell Steven that the baby goes to the USA when she goes to the USA.  

7 hours ago, Scarlett45 said:

I meant in the USA. I agree Steven isn’t very bright. 

He didn't even know that SSN meant "social security number"

• Love 8

Just marry her in Russia and apply for the K3 visa.  Much easier, but that isn't the show unfortunately.

If Steven insists on taking the baby, she won't put up a fight.  You can tell by the way she acts.

3 hours ago, Honey said:

If Steven insists on taking the baby, she won't put up a fight.  You can tell by the way she acts.

My heart is not strong enough to watch this segment anymore.  The ass didn’t even have a bottle with him and came back with a screaming hungry baby...and he wants to take care of this baby full time?  I hate TLC 🥴

• Love 8
6 hours ago, Honey said:

Just marry her in Russia and apply for the K3 visa.  Much easier, but that isn't the show unfortunately.

I fear you’re right about this.  I think she feels she can’t say no to him - which is terrifying for a number of reasons.

When he came out of the embassy with starving Baby, he practically flung him at her and demanded her to feed him.  Like it was her fault that a newborn was hungry in the first place.

Knowing now about her past, my heart just breaks for her every time he hammers on and on to her about how bad his family life was growing up.  Yes, it sucks that they had an international baby.  But my mind boggles at his callous hypocrisy of, “I’ll just take him away from you because it would make ME sad to have him taken away from me.”

• Love 13
2 hours ago, Justaguess said:

The ass didn’t even have a bottle with him and came back with a screaming hungry baby...and he wants to take care of this baby full time?

This reminds me of the time my then hubby took our little baby (3 months?) out on an errand and I packed a bottle for him to which he said, "He shouldn't be hungry!"  I was like, "You wanna risk it?"  Luckily he was not the arguing type, ala Steven.........

I respectfully disagree with those who think Olga would not put up a fight if Steven were to try to take the baby from her and go to US.  I think she would not fight, per say, but leave in the middle of the night, never to be seen again.

• Love 9
9 minutes ago, Mrs. Hanson said:

This reminds me of the time my then hubby took our little baby (3 months?) out on an errand and I packed a bottle for him to which he said, "He shouldn't be hungry!"  I was like, "You wanna risk it?"  Luckily he was not the arguing type, ala Steven.........

I respectfully disagree with those who think Olga would not put up a fight if Steven were to try to take the baby from her and go to US.  I think she would not fight, per say, but leave in the middle of the night, never to be seen again.

In the US that would be kidnapping, I don't know how Russia would feel about that.  I can't ever see her doing that however.

3 minutes ago, Honey said:

In the US that would be kidnapping, I don't know how Russia would feel about that.  I can't ever see her doing that however.

Hopefully, if that douchebag grabs the baby and runs to the USA, someone will alert the authorities, who frown on child abduction even by a parent.  Olga needs to get her friend in Moscow to help her, if she can't get through legally protecting Richie on her own.

• Love 3