Type keyword(s) to search

Steven & Olga: Babies With Babies

• Start Topic

13 minutes ago, silverspoons said:

Steven posted he is flying to Russia to bring Olga home. I would guess they are filming again? or is he that controlling?  because is it not a waste of money and time to fly there to bring her here.

Is that a rhetorical question?

• Love 5
13 minutes ago, silverspoons said:

Steven posted he is flying to Russia to bring Olga home. I would guess they are filming again? or is he that controlling?  because is it not a waste of money and time to fly there to bring her here.

Probably filming, as Steven/Olga, Leida/Loser, and Kanoli/Aswellas are the only couples still together from this season and eligible for a follow-up.

• Love 1
11 minutes ago, Gobi said:

Probably filming, as Steven/Olga, Leida/Loser, and Kanoli/Aswellas are the only couples still together from this season and eligible for a follow-up.

Leida and Larissa both are supposed to be on happily ever after but would not Stephen and Olga be on regular 90 day since they are just starting the 90 day countdown and not married yet? Nicole is filming too but for a show about I go to my spouses country to get married. So many shows to follow, I do not think Kalini is being filmed for anything (per local sources). 

• Love 3
2 hours ago, silverspoons said:

From what I know of my family and friends' experiences, flying long haul with an infant is really exhausting without another adult there to help. I'm willing to give them the benefit of the doubt that it wasn't due to having TV cameras in tow. 

• Love 9
1 hour ago, sarkygal said:

From what I know of my family and friends' experiences, flying long haul with an infant is really exhausting without another adult there to help. I'm willing to give them the benefit of the doubt that it wasn't due to having TV cameras in tow. 

I'm sort of on the fence.  Yes, it's probably uncomfortable to fly alone with an infant, but a second adult isn't required so I wouldn't feel comfortable with charity money for something that is more of a super long inconvenience.

Second, how much help is Steven really going to be?  Yes, he is going to be able to help get stuff to the airport and he can maybe hold Richie?  But I think he is more likely to make things worse.  

Often, babies cry on flights because they can't relieve the pressure in their ears and it hurts.  This means that it's unlikely that any amount of holding and attempts at soothing are going to really help.  And I don't think Steven is the guy you want in a super stressful situation with a crying baby that isn't hungry, doesn't have a messy diaper and you just have to wait for the child to calm down.

Even if they had the money for the both of them to fly from Russia with Richie that money might be better spent elsewhere.  I think that Olga would end up doing like 99.8% of the childcare anyways.   And Steven would be angry that he wasn't properly thanked for the .2% he contributed.

• Love 12
3 hours ago, sarkygal said:

I traveled after surgery cross country with my 1 year old twice, so I know how hard it can be.   Just seems like Steven is crying for money on go fund me because he needs basic stuff for Olga and the baby, would save $1k (or whatever a roundtrip ticket to from Dc to Russia cost) by having Olga fly alone.  Olga has been taking care of Richie for 7 month alone and appears tp be doing a great job so I bet one more long flight would be worth it to have that extra 1k towards starting their lives. I also can't see Stephen being a great help , I can see him feeling upset if Richie is more comforted or if Olga knows his rountine better. I just hope it work outs for them. I just want Olga to get her happy family life.

• Love 7
On 1/22/2019 at 10:05 AM, silverspoons said:

On 1/22/2019 at 12:14 PM, sarkygal said:

I think he is doing it to help her out. It's not just the flight she has to get through. She also has to be processed through immigration when she arrives. There is probably more difficulty  because she is traveling with a dual citizen infant and maybe needs permission from Steven to travel with the baby alone (even though she is traveling to the States to reunite with the father.) I think he is doing the right thing. 

• Love 8
7 hours ago, watchingtvaddict said:

I think he is doing it to help her out. It's not just the flight she has to get through. She also has to be processed through immigration when she arrives. There is probably more difficulty  because she is traveling with a dual citizen infant and maybe needs permission from Steven to travel with the baby alone (even though she is traveling to the States to reunite with the father.) I think he is doing the right thing. 

And if baby+mom are both moving here, there's probably a lot of "stuff" they are bringing with them - which isn't just hard to transport alone, but also to keep an eye on if someone needs to feed baby or use the restroom, and also bag-check limits and fees.  He's probably going with no baggage so she can use his seat's full checked-bag allowance as well.

• Love 9
13 hours ago, watchingtvaddict said:

The problem with SteveO is that when he's in "help mode" he requires alot of ego stroking and atta-boys, and flying long haul routes with a baby require you to steel yourself and do whatever you need to do to get that kid through that flight with the least amount of disruption to the rest of the passengers. Can you imagine if they were letting Myson cry unabated and another passenger - like me - gave them 'a look' for not even attempting to walk the baby to the back of the plane and sooth him? SteveO would no doubt start mouthing off...international incident...he's a liability all the time, even if he's 'trying to help'. His help always comes with strings attached.

• Love 11
10 hours ago, gingerella said:

The problem with SteveO is that when he's in "help mode" he requires alot of ego stroking and atta-boys, and flying long haul routes with a baby require you to steel yourself and do whatever you need to do to get that kid through that flight with the least amount of disruption to the rest of the passengers. Can you imagine if they were letting Myson cry unabated and another passenger - like me - gave them 'a look' for not even attempting to walk the baby to the back of the plane and sooth him? SteveO would no doubt start mouthing off...international incident...he's a liability all the time, even if he's 'trying to help'. His help always comes with strings attached.

I think you hit the nail on the head.  But I think he is more likely to start yelling at Olga when the baby can't be calmed or soothed.  It's possible she will end up flying with one little baby and one big baby.  Or maybe she will use my sister's trick.  My sister used to do everything in her power to tire her kids out before a plane ride so they would just fall asleep.

• Love 8

The funny thing about GoFun-me money is that once it’s in the hands of the funderoni they can do with it as they wish with very little accountability.  He can buy a go cart with the money if he thinks it will make him a better father to Myson.  And she can invest in Mars Colony Space exploration and no one would be the wiser.  Keep those funds a flowin!

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
50 minutes ago, magemaud said:

Well it looks like Steven has returned to Russia and reunited with Olga and Myson (who appears to be called Alex now, not Richie) 

https://www.eonline.com/news/1007658/90-day-fiance-s-olga-and-steven-reunite-in-russia-before-taking-one-big-relationship-step

Gosh, since everything costs a fortune in Russia, I wonder where SteveO got the money to take Olga skiing...Hmmm...Go Fund My Ski Vacay...And did Olga just happen to have ski gear? That shit isn’t cheap, a lot more expensive than diapers.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, Drogo said:

They look happy.

They do. It's a nice photo. I've been a little hard on Steven in the past, but I also give him credit when he steps up and takes care of them. A lot of guys wouldn't even be in the picture, but he does try, even if it comes out harsh sometimes. I'm really hoping for all three of them that it's just a matter of maturity and that he will learn from the experience of seeing himself on TV. In the last confessional cam footage where he's home by himself talking about the Tell All, I think he was sincere when he said he felt like an asshole for saying that he didn't owe Olga an apology. 

• Love 9
3 hours ago, magemaud said:

I was confused when Olga said her “grandmother was watching the baby.” Has she ever mentioned her before? 

Why didn't grandma fly over to help with the baby?  I'm not sure if she needs a visa or just a passport, but gosh, if she is able, it would be nice to have someone for a little while who can actually help with the baby while Steven goes to work/school and can maybe do some cooking.

My parents are foreign and where we are from grandmother's are SUPER into this.  They love time with the baby and they like time with the adult they are connected to.  I think it might also make Olga feel a little less lonely as I think she will have a tough time when she first gets here.

Edited by RealReality10
  • Love 3
4 hours ago, Teri313 said:

They do. It's a nice photo. I've been a little hard on Steven in the past, but I also give him credit when he steps up and takes care of them. A lot of guys wouldn't even be in the picture, but he does try, even if it comes out harsh sometimes. I'm really hoping for all three of them that it's just a matter of maturity and that he will learn from the experience of seeing himself on TV. In the last confessional cam footage where he's home by himself talking about the Tell All, I think he was sincere when he said he felt like an asshole for saying that he didn't owe Olga an apology. 

Everyone smiles in pictures. Especially pictures that net you cash via television programs or Go Fund Me campaigns. It's like the people on FB who post pictures of their perfect lives and their close friends know how miserable they truly are. Steven was a cruel, heartless jerk to Olga because he has unresolved mommy issues or whatever else he blames it on. Those issues don't disappear because you have a baby and get engaged. Who knows, maybe he'll magically go from a weed (and perhaps something else) smoking, angry guy who needs to be numero uno all the time or he boils over, into a dedicated student who not only carries a full time class load, but also works full time to support his family, smiling all the way. I guess we'll see.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Drogo said:

Everyone smiles, not everyone looks happy.  They look happy.

Eh, potato potahto. Why? Because it seems like Olga's just happy that SteveO isn't freaking out on her at the moment. And he's probably thrilled that Myson is with his babouschka and SteveO can get his humpin' on. He's like that, he said so himself, it's all about him really. When a fuckwit tells us "this is who I am, I am a selfish asshat who wants my baby momma to put our infant second to us" I take him at at his word. One photo can't erase all the bullshit he's said, and clearly not felt sorry about either.

• Love 3

I still say, there is something about this couple that has me sincerely rooting for them and hoping that they have a happy and long marriage.

I was wondering too if Richie was just called Richie and his name was really a good Russky name Alexander? I never heard them refer to him as Alexander.

• Love 3

My point about the grandmother watching the baby is because we've been told Olga was raised in an orphanage.  I've read the story about how Olga's parents went crazy and murdered her sister and I guess they're both in prison or the nuthouse, but where was this Grandma then? Or could it be Steven's grandmother who has gone to Russia with him? 

• Love 2
39 minutes ago, mayvenne said:

I was wondering too if Richie was just called Richie and his name was really a good Russky name Alexander? I never heard them refer to him as Alexander.

I had heard Alexander (or a spelling  variation) is the baby’s middle name 

• Love 1
40 minutes ago, magemaud said:

I had heard Alexander (or a spelling  variation) is the baby’s middle name 

It is. I think it's Aleksandr or something close. I don't really follow much of this on social media. Was it ever mentioned why it was so ultra important to Steven to name him after his father and they've since begun calling him by his middle name?

Edited by configdotsys
  • Love 1

The name change was never addressed on the show, but according to Starcasm: If you are curious why Steven and Olga are now calling their son Alex instead of his given first name Richie — as they did while filming — Steven explained on Instagram. “A lot of people ask who is Alex  well on the show since we named him Richie, that’s what we had to call him in the show,” Steven admits. “But it’s too hard for me to call him by my dad’s name so Olga and I call him by his middle name, Aleksandr — Alex.”

• Love 1
3 hours ago, magemaud said:

My point about the grandmother watching the baby is because we've been told Olga was raised in an orphanage.  I've read the story about how Olga's parents went crazy and murdered her sister and I guess they're both in prison or the nuthouse, but where was this Grandma then? Or could it be Steven's grandmother who has gone to Russia with him? 

I'm confused as well. I didn't think Olga had family and Steven is mainly estranged from his family.

1 hour ago, magemaud said:

The name change was never addressed on the show, but according to Starcasm: If you are curious why Steven and Olga are now calling their son Alex instead of his given first name Richie — as they did while filming — Steven explained on Instagram. “A lot of people ask who is Alex  well on the show since we named him Richie, that’s what we had to call him in the show,” Steven admits. “But it’s too hard for me to call him by my dad’s name so Olga and I call him by his middle name, Aleksandr — Alex.”

What the hell? If you can’t even say your Dad’s name outloud, why the hell would you give your child that name, especially as a first name? Dad’s name could have easily been the middle name...you honor him, but don’t have to say it 100 times a day.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, CSunshine76 said:

What the hell? If you can’t even say your Dad’s name outloud, why the hell would you give your child that name, especially as a first name? Dad’s name could have easily been the middle name...you honor him, but don’t have to say it 100 times a day.

LOL. This reminds me of The Neverending Story. “Bastian, say my name!”

• Love 4
6 minutes ago, not you again said:

I went back and looked at the captions under the photos, and it says the baby was "with grandma".  It wasn't specified as whether it was Olga's grandma or Steven's grandma.  Heck, it could have been Alex's grandma - although, who would that be?  Certainly not Olga's mother.  Maybe Steven's mother?  Maybe the lady he was living with as an adopted grandma?  Or maybe it's a custom in Russia to refer to any older lady babysitting as grandma.  *shrugs*

I think she's mentioned HER grandmother, so I'm sure that's who they're talking about.

1 hour ago, funky-rat said:

I didn't think she spent all of the time after her parents killed her sister in an orphanage.  I thought I read that she was in one for a while, then went to live with her grandparents.

My recollection is that she lived with relatives, too.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, funky-rat said:

I didn't think she spent all of the time after her parents killed her sister in an orphanage.  I thought I read that she was in one for a while, then went to live with her grandparents.

Omfg I hadn’t read anything about her. That poor girl! She was in the house when her parents did that to her sister. And reportedly hid her sister’s small children. 13 years old. Makes sense she named her child after her sister, and unlike baby man child Steven doing that for the father he idolized perhaps erroneously, she can say Alex’s name and feel good about naming him in her sister’s honor. I hope Olga’s sister’s 2 children had/have a good life and not have to live under the specter of their mothers tragic death. 

• Love 3

What era and what planet does this dude's g-ma live on? She is way behind the times on current events....decades behind. Is that a Grateful Dead tee shirt granny is wearing? Ohhhhh okkkkk, that explains it.....

20 hours ago, Hannah94 said:

Is that a Grateful Dead tee shirt granny is wearing? Ohhhhh okkkkk, that explains it.....

So you have a problem with the Grateful Dead? I'd rather she wear that then a Black Sabbath tshirt.

• Love 1
On 1/24/2019 at 9:11 PM, magemaud said:

I don't remember this ever mentioned in the show. And the made it a point to call him Myson or Ritchie.  I think it's just another made up name for the show. (like Jorge, Chantel, etc)

• Love 3

Does he really think it is ok to take the baby away from mom, without any logical reason (she isn't abusive, etc)? I get that many people believe America has a lot of opportunities but she isn't exactly living in horrid conditions in Russia (or at least as it appears on the show). I cannot think of anything worse for a tiny baby than to be ripped from his/her mom against the mom's will for no rational explanation. I really liked this couple in the beginning but he is pissing me off now. 

P.S. Just watching this episode for the first time....found this lil gem of a show through the LAL thread, in case anyone wonders why I am mentioning this now.

Edited by Hannah94
So little, so late
  • Love 2

So Steven who-- according to their GFM page from a while back-- said he "registered for college." Yesterday, someone asked him what he's in school for and his reply: "I can’t afford college or the time it takes to go through 8 years of schooling and support a family 😞 I got to figure out how I would manage all of this."

He has apparently discovered that his eating habits caused his moodiness and is into calisthenics so he's gained 11 pounds and I guess is no longer a dick?

• LOL 4
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, configdotsys said:

So Steven who-- according to their GFM page from a while back-- said he "registered for college." Yesterday, someone asked him what he's in school for and his reply: "I can’t afford college or the time it takes to go through 8 years of schooling and support a family 😞 I got to figure out how I would manage all of this."

He has apparently discovered that his eating habits caused his moodiness and is into calisthenics so he's gained 11 pounds and I guess is no longer a dick?

His original post about his work and college was very confusing. It was like he did not even understand what he was told? He used the 8 years of schooling line, I wondered what was he trying to get a Phd , JD or DDS? Then he said he was an apprentice at a sprinkler installing place and he would be making good money while he trained for his career? I thought tech school (but what tech school is 8 years). Then he said in 6 years he would finish and be making enough to support his family.

Someone needs to sit down with him if he really does want to work and have a stable life, and explain education options and types of school. He also needs to understand we can't always live in the exact city we want. I live in the rural desert for 10 years because my husband had a great job and it gave our kids a high standard of living compared to living in a metro area. I just worry Stephen is the type that will be at one of those overpriced for profit schools in those TV ads that gives you a computer when you sign up and charges you 10 times more then a state or tech school for the same degree.

• Love 5
4 hours ago, configdotsys said:

😞

It just means he's a bigger dick.

• LOL 5
  • Love 2
48 minutes ago, silverspoons said:

I just worry Stephen is the type that will be at one of those overpriced for profit schools in those TV ads that gives you a computer when you sign up and charges you 10 times more then a state or tech school for the same degree.

I cant be bothered worrying about these morons. All of them are looking for a fast buck through whoring themselves out on this show and on social media. He'll never amount to anything because he's got a 'poor me' complex. He's been wronged by so many...but forgets all that he's been given, like grandparents who took his difficult and sorry as in, some lady who supposedly raised him (wtf is up with that?!), his getting together with a woman who is WAAAAAY beyond what he deserves, his opportunities from this show....I could go on but y'all get the point...!

• Love 3
6 hours ago, configdotsys said:

Dude, what?  I could have told him that 8 years of college with a newborn baby and a wife who can't work was not feasible.

My dad had a family and went to college/med school but that was back when college was reasonably affordable and my dad studied his butt off for the MCATs so he would get a lot of scholarship offers.  

Did he logic check this plan at any point?  And I feel bad for Olga and Richie because Steven seems like he could turn out to be that guy who will blame his little family for having to take a job he doesn't like instead of doing whatever he was going to be doing at the end of 8 years*

* -- does anyone know what he was supposed to be at the end of eight years of school?

• Love 4
6 hours ago, configdotsys said:

😞

Also, no tea, no shade but Im guessing that "eating habits" may or may not have been code for "meth habit"

Because you would sure gain 11 pounds and some mood stability if you dropped a meth habit.  

Edited by RealReality10
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 4
  • Love 4
On 12/10/2018 at 10:54 AM, OldButHappy said:

I think our emotional behaviors and life skills are like a language -  if we grow up in a home where everyone speaks French, we will speak French.  And we'll be drawn to others who speak French.  It won't occur to us that other languages even exist until, for some reason, speaking French doesn't get us what we need and we realize that we need help to learn a new language.

Some of us learn a kinder, more supportive language from therapists, loving partners, and/or friends, but that only happens when we realize our own language isn't working.

I absolutely ❤️love❤️ this comment! I have never seen/heard it explained like this but it makes perfect sense. Simply brilliant. Thank you so much!

• Love 8
14 hours ago, RealReality10 said:

* -- does anyone know what he was supposed to be at the end of eight years of school?

Don't what HIS plans are, but most of us probably think he's just going to be a selfish idiot with eight more years of education.

• LOL 3
  • Love 4