Type keyword(s) to search

Steven & Olga: Babies With Babies

• Start Topic

On 12/22/2018 at 3:15 PM, Rdh1314 said:

I'm not going to waste my time finding every time a person mentioned that HE was a jerk to not use a condom.  

I didn't ask for EVERY time, I asked for 1 instance.  If you can't even find 1, then your point is not valid.

• Love 4
5 hours ago, Sterling said:

My brother and his wife adopted a Russian baby 21 years ago.  $10K?  Try $30K.  Cash.  My brother had to literally fly over there with $30,000 in cash in his shoe.  

At the airport, they were met by the orphanage rep, who first demanded the $30,000 before they took one step.  They then were taken in a car and driven for hours.  My brother recalls looking at his wife, saying they could be out the money, and be driven to lord-knows-where.  It was scary.

They had to go to Russian court to get the baby.  The baby's mother was there, and at the last minute, she decided to keep the baby, and my brother would still be out the $30,000.  My brother happens to be a lawyer, so he asked to review the (Russian) documents, via a translator that he had hired.  He found some legal holes in the documents, which he got up and argued to the judge, and was able to walk away with the baby.  What an ordeal.  

I asked him how he knew his arguments would work, in a Russian court.  He said he didn't.  He just saw inconsistencies and argued them out, and the judge just banged his gavel and said, "Done".  (take the baby).

Russia has since closed off these adoptions, or made them extremely difficult.

Being perfectly honest, in retrospect, it would have been better for my brother to have simply demanded his money back, and let the mother keep her own baby, since she wanted it so bad.  I'd never admit that to my family though.  I just see Olga as that mom.

That poor Mother.  I think the Mother should be allowed to change her mind at any point.  This males me sad, I mean what do they tell the child when she grows up?  "Your Mother changed her mind and wanted to keep you, but we were able to steal you away"

• Love 9

How do we know he even applied for a K1 now? 

Whst proof is there? 

I wouldn’t be shocked if he returns to the US and drops out of  contact with her.

I think he realized he can’t afford to pay for the K1 and all the other expenses. I think his big talk  about his new career is just talk. 

Edited by iwasish
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, Honey said:

I didn't ask for EVERY time, I asked for 1 instance.  If you can't even find 1, then your point is not valid.

Apparently you didn't want to waste your time reading my response, lol

• Love 2

Yes, must have been heartbreaking for the baby's mother.

6 hours ago, Honey said:

That poor Mother.  I think the Mother should be allowed to change her mind at any point.  This males me sad, I mean what do they tell the child when she grows up?  "Your Mother changed her mind and wanted to keep you, but we were able to steal you away"

2 hours ago, Cementhead said:

In the park engagement scene, I noticed that Olga has beautiful skin.  Her face was flawless.  That is all. 

Her whole being is flawless.  She just has this angelic quality about her.  She's one of those girls who could wake up with no makeup looking beautiful.

Edited by Sterling
  • Love 7
9 hours ago, iwasish said:

How do we know he even applied for a K1 now? 

Whst proof is there? 

I wouldn’t be shocked if he returns to the US and drops out of  contact with her.

I think he realized he can’t afford to pay for the K1 and all the other expenses. I think his big talk  about his new career is just talk. 

Well, silly, because Steven told her that he'd keep her in the loop from now on.... geez, work on yourself, babe. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 7
1 hour ago, configdotsys said:

Well, silly, because Steven told her that he'd keep her in the loop from now on.... geez, work on yourself, babe. 

Lol. 

How could I doubt Steven’s word? He’s so genuine.

• Love 5
18 hours ago, Rdh1314 said:

Apparently you didn't want to waste your time reading my response, lol

Yeah.  I read it. 

Back on topic...Are proof of finances required when applying for the K-1?  You would think that they would be, or the government is wasting a lot of time processing frivolous applications where the person applying has no hope of ever having the money to actually complete the process.

Edited by Honey
54 minutes ago, Honey said:

Yeah.  I read it. 

Back on topic...Are proof of finances required when applying for the K-1?  You would think that they would be, or the government is wasting a lot of time processing frivolous applications where the person applying has no hope of ever having the money to actually complete the process.

Wasn't the whole "I don't have enough money to show I can support him" the reason that blonde gal with Azan had to ask her father or stepfather to co-sign? My mind is fuzzy but I think that happened.

• Love 3
56 minutes ago, Honey said:

Yeah.  I read it. 

I think so, I vaguely remember Danielle having to get someone to "cosign" with her to bring mo over.  Those crazy kids!

• Love 1

The Go Fund Me is a little over $4k as of today. Stupid people. Two days ago, this update was posted:

"The page is doing better we hoped. We made a mutual agreement and to ensure you guys are donating for a good cause we are going to open a second account in my bank and put all of this money in the bank for Alex and everything he needs. We will not be spending this on our personal selfs! We appreciate every single one of you who are helping give our family a small head start! If you would like a personalized video from us both or only one of us just make an attempt to contact us. Thank you all and have a lovely Christmas and New Years from the Frend family "

Alex?

• Love 3
2 hours ago, configdotsys said:

The Go Fund Me is a little over $4k as of today. Stupid people. Two days ago, this update was posted:

"The page is doing better we hoped. We made a mutual agreement and to ensure you guys are donating for a good cause we are going to open a second account in my bank and put all of this money in the bank for Alex and everything he needs. We will not be spending this on our personal selfs! We appreciate every single one of you who are helping give our family a small head start! If you would like a personalized video from us both or only one of us just make an attempt to contact us. Thank you all and have a lovely Christmas and New Years from the Frend family "

Alex?

People dumb enough to hand that guy their money deserve the swindle they are going to get.

"A good cause" is helping people and children who can't help themselves.  "A good cause" is not handing money over to a healthy 20 year old who knocked up another healthy 20 year old and made a healthy baby.

Especially not two healthy 20 year olds who have money from reality TV show appearances, and one of whom has a job that pays more than minimum wage.

There are single mothers working minimum wage jobs and caring for multiple children who aren't asking for a handout...

Edited by RealReality10
  • Love 12
1 hour ago, configdotsys said:

Alex?

Huh? Who are the Frend’s???

5 hours ago, gingerella said:

Huh? Who are the Frend’s???

that's Stevens last name

7 hours ago, configdotsys said:

Alex?

Stephens last name

Is Alex Richie's real name?

I also noticed Anna had made a salad. I know the cost of living in Russia is supposed to be high. I guess all that Dostoyevsky stuck with me all those years ago. I would have imagined them having a potato and vodka. I can be such a rube!

• Love 6
1 hour ago, RoadFullOfPromise said:

Sure, but who is Alex?

28 minutes ago, zenme said:

I also noticed Anna had made a salad. I know the cost of living in Russia is supposed to be high. I guess all that Dostoyevsky stuck with me all those years ago. I would have imagined them having a potato and vodka. I can be such a rube!

Alex equals Alexander which is Richie's middle name.

• Love 3
59 minutes ago, zenme said:

Isn't that like having 2 potatoes? ;)

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Rabbittron said:

Alex equals Alexander which is Richie's middle name.

I wonder why the Go Fund Me refers to him as Alex, though. Since the whole big deal was naming him Richie after Steven’s late father, this seems strange for something like a GFM.

Though I guess we are lucky that it’s not MYSon, because that sure would reflect how Steven talks about him. 

• Love 3

The "Alex" thing is interesting because I don't know if I've ever heard Olga refer to MYSon as anything other than "Baby".  I don't recall Steven even calling him Richie. Maybe they decided to use the middle name but weren't sure yet while filming.

• Love 1

Steven infuriates me and I'm flabbergasted that Olga forgave him so easily for his lie about her visa. I love her but she is too easily forgiving, and thus Steven will never grow from his mistakes. 

I'm still confused about the lie and don't buy anything he says anymore. In episode 4, which I happen to be watching right now because I'm an addict, recall that Steven was complaining about having to ask the chief of the hospital for permission to be in the room for the birth. He said in his talking head, "If Olga's K1 visa was approved, we'd be in America giving birth in a normal hospital and I would not have to deal with any of this." 

So had he been lying to producers at that point as well? I imagine you have to at least apply for the visa as a prerequisite to be on the show.

• Love 6
On ‎12‎/‎22‎/‎2018 at 1:23 PM, Mothra said:

According to Steven's GFM page, he is in an apprenticeship program to become a Fire Sprinkler Installer.  This program takes *four years*.  Then I presume he will be ?licensed? or something?  Four years to become certified to install sprinkler systems?  How long is a regular plumber apprenticeship?  I think that would be a more profitable path to pursue, plus it's not like Steven grew up dreaming of installing sprinklers.  He's enrolled in college (I'd like some details; isn't he a high school dropout?  Do community colleges not require HS diploma or GED for degree programs?) leading to a career he *really* wants to pursue, but that takes *eight* years.

Some technical colleges and community colleges will help students get their GED's.

• Love 2
3 hours ago, funky-rat said:

Some technical colleges and community colleges will help students get their GED's.

The community college where I work has so many programs to assist students with their education... beginning in high school they can get their tuition paid, books purchased for them and guidance to careers paths. Then there are the programs that assist high school graduates with success in their educational paths. There is even an entire division called Student Success that covers everything from tech to graduation. So Steven and students like him have everything they need to move forward and complete.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Major Bigtime said:

Unless it’s changed, Olga won’t be paid a penny to be on the show. Just the American. And nothing Steven says can be believed at this point.

I think that only applies to fiances who are in the US without a green card, as they cannot work legally here. Since Olga is in Russia, TLC should be able to pay her.

• Love 2
On 12/25/2018 at 12:11 AM, configdotsys said:

Alex?

Personal selfs!  Oy.

• Love 7

I’m watching an old episode where Steven goes to consult with an attorney to find out what he needs to do to get Richie U.S. citizenship and Olga’s visa:

• Steven: “So I applied for the K1 visa for my fiancé, Olga, and I’m just waiting patiently for, like, the, um, approval. What’s going on with that?” [It's interesting watching him lie, knowing what we know now.]
  • Attorney: “It’s a little bit political problem. And now, United States Embassy in Moscow take not too much K-1 visa appointment. So K-1 visa, it’s a problem.” [Hmmm. According to a more recent episode, if he had actually submitted the paperwork when he said he did, Olga would have been good to go by the time Steven leaves Russia. What is all this "political problem" BS? TLC scripting?]
  • Steven (on confessional cam): “I love Olga, and…my plan was to come to Russia and bring Olga and the baby home with me. But, there’s no saying when she’s going to be able to come over, because her visa is delayed, and I do not want to leave Russia without my son. It would just break my heart, not being with him every day and him seeing me and just watching him grow up.” [Are those pants of yours on fire yet Steven?]
  • Love 3
On 12/15/2018 at 3:51 PM, Maximadc said:

If she was a full-time student she could have applied for lifeguard jobs in ocean city that summer

I always see a bunch of foreign students working in Ocean City during the summer.  Phillips' Crab House, Kors Brothers, Candy Kitchen, etc.  There are tons of jobs and some of the larger employers, like Phillips, have dorms for the workers.  I've always admired those kids; they work really hard.

• Love 3

Four years to learn how to install sprinklers?? I don't think so. Also, a lot of community colleges are open admission. You don't need a GED, tho you may need to place at a certain level for math and reading. My mother used to teach reading, writing essays, using a library, etc. at a CC outside of DC. She had a lot of international students, but she also had a lot of American native speakers of English who apparently had never learned any grammar, as in not knowing what a noun is.  

Edited by aliya
because 'native Americans' means different things to different people
  • Love 4
5 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

No matter where these two end up, I get the feeling we'll see more about Restraining Orders.  He gives me very scary vibes. 

Agree about the scary vibes.  

Personally, the best I'm hoping for is that she lives with Stevens grandparents and when he gets to be too much they kick him out and Olga stays.  

I suspect he will fight and make a scene if/when this happens and may make some sort of noise about how Richie needs to be with his father so if the grandparents won't let him live in the house Richie should be homeless too.  I doubt he'd get very far with that threat, but it kinda sounds like something he would say.

But, in the best case scenario, to me, Olga eventually moves out of the grandparents house and gets her own little place and a steady job.  Not for nothing, but she seems to have a caring personality and she seems pretty smart and tough.  Maybe she could become a nurse?

I think Steven generally means to do right by Richie so I think he should be in richies life, but not in a way where he is counted on to regularly provide for Richie because I just don't think he is that guy.

• Love 5

From the first Go Fund Me update:

Since people obviously have hate over a reality show and think I should work hard for my wife instead of asking for a little help. Let’s go over some things. 
1. I live in Montgomery county, Maryland. (Most expensive county in Maryland. 
2. Bills - Rent (Average rent a month on this county $2,000 a month, Utilities, Car insurance, Gas, Food, Diapers and clothes for our son, student LOANS since people think I have an advantage to college. It’s community college and hopefully I’ll be able to transfer. I can work my ass off my wife and I do. But I want time with my wife and son, no matter how much money you make in life, you’ll regret all the time you didn’t spend with you family because you were to busy focusing on paper. I’m only 20, I’m trying my best but I still need to be there for my family.

1) Move to a cheaper cost of living rate county.  

2) Please, Oh Wise Steven, tell me again how we regret the time we don't spend on family?  I HAVE NEVER HEARD THAT BEFORE.  This is "trying my best"?  Yikes.  

I have a lot of grad school debt - maybe I should set up an account and beg for $$$ as Steven says, you gotta put family first.  Begging for money is easier than getting a part time job in my case.  But then again I, like, Steven, has some pride.

Look, when my kids were little I had to work part time in the evenings, M-F from 6 to 10.  My ex fed them them dinner, bathed and put them to bed.  Oh well.  I had all the daytime stuff to base my memories on and we all lived.

Second bolding:  You work your ass off?  Really?  The most I have seen is you working your mouth off demanding an apology over nothing.  Nothing that matters, really.  

Edited by Mrs. Hanson
  • Love 14

Wow, so maybe the correct response was "thanks kind-hearted internet simpletons for giving me 4000 that I don't deserve"

Instead he is getting super defensive over people have a negative opinion about a 20 year old able bodied man with a job that pays above minimum wage asking for money?  And he thinks he doesn't have issues with anger and entitlement?  He chose to look at that go fund me read those comments and get mad.  How is he going to respond to a demanding, crying child that is in his face?

And just WTF with the idea that people owe him money so he can spend as much time with his child as possible.  What the what?  People work multiple jobs and sacrifice time with their children in order to provide.  But Steven should get the luxury of having other people pay his way so he doesn't have to sacrifice?

There are a million things he can do to save money.  If Olga is home, try cloth diapers.  People are always donating baby clothes, and I'm sure people would donate their baby clothes for Richie.  If the rent is so high because they are living close to his work, is there any reason they need a car?  Is Uber not a thing there?  If they want to keep the car, why can't they move to a less expensive area?  

Also, WTF, how many loans are you taking out for community college? 

I just can't with him.  I just can't.

ETA: AND they increased their goal amount to $15,000 from $10,000.  Who is giving these two money when there are disabled vets, starving children and abused animals in the world!

Edited by RealReality10
  • Love 16
15 hours ago, RealReality10 said:

Wow, so maybe the correct response was "thanks kind-hearted internet simpletons for giving me 4000 that I don't deserve"

Instead he is getting super defensive over people have a negative opinion about a 20 year old able bodied man with a job that pays above minimum wage asking for money?  And he thinks he doesn't have issues with anger and entitlement?  He chose to look at that go fund me read those comments and get mad.  How is he going to respond to a demanding, crying child that is in his face?

And just WTF with the idea that people owe him money so he can spend as much time with his child as possible.  What the what?  People work multiple jobs and sacrifice time with their children in order to provide.  But Steven should get the luxury of having other people pay his way so he doesn't have to sacrifice?

There are a million things he can do to save money.  If Olga is home, try cloth diapers.  People are always donating baby clothes, and I'm sure people would donate their baby clothes for Richie.  If the rent is so high because they are living close to his work, is there any reason they need a car?  Is Uber not a thing there?  If they want to keep the car, why can't they move to a less expensive area?  

Also, WTF, how many loans are you taking out for community college? 

I just can't with him.  I just can't.

ETA: AND they increased their goal amount to $15,000 from $10,000.  Who is giving these two money when there are disabled vets, starving children and abused animals in the world!

Okay, I am the poster who loved second hand and thrift store stuff so much she raised a son who works at Goodwill. (He works pt while attending college) I look back and think how I could have tightened even more.  Olga and Steven, your baby does not a huge wardrobe, Richie will grow super fast.  Make your own baby wipes and use cloth.  But the bigger issue here is:  why is Steven so entitled he thinks he can receive $$ from a fund rather than get a job?  You can't be there 24/7, no one can, and Steven you lack the patience to be there 24/7.  Soon comes the push to wean Richie off the breast so SHE can work (under the table if needed) so HE can be The Man who is Mr. Mom.  Steven, just go get a job like everyone else.

Edited by Mrs. Hanson
  • Love 9

I guess Steven thinks since he's working & going to school he's also entitled to hand outs - yeah okay; didn't know the 'rules'.

He helped make this kid, now he thinks everyone else has to help him have a family life. The bump up is probably for extras, you know, like vacations, because they deserve it!

He makes me sick. And honestly, if Olga is behind this, she's just as bad.

• Love 9
3 hours ago, gonecrackers said:

I guess Steven thinks since he's working & going to school he's also entitled to hand outs - yeah okay; didn't know the 'rules'.

He helped make this kid, now he thinks everyone else has to help him have a family life. The bump up is probably for extras, you know, like vacations, because they deserve it!

Bolding mine:  I am not saying Steven said this and @gonecrackers you gotta know this is NOT at you, but I am so sick of people saying "we did not know the rules" or "I guess rules have changed" as it is basically a ploy to be greedy and tacky.  There was a same sex couple on GoFundMe who said "Well I guess we are not sure of the rules for a same sex couple, so I guess we get to ask people to fund our $5000 wedding!!  Nothing fancy, just a nice day to remember."  Okay, I am about as liberal as they come and I 100% support legal, gov't sanctioned marriage for EVERYONE, so that is not the point.  Listen, Dave and Tom, the rules DO APPLY to you, no one gets to fund your day just as we don't have to fund Steven's life, either.  I thought GoFundME was for charities, hospital bills, etc, NOT yay I want a party or yay I want a honeymoon.  No go get a part time job, scale down your expenses like everyone else.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Mrs. Hanson said:
4 hours ago, gonecrackers said:

Bolding mine:  I am not saying Steven said this and @gonecrackers you gotta know this is NOT at you, but I am so sick of people saying "we did not know the rules" or "I guess rules have changed" as it is basically a ploy to be greedy and tacky.  There was a same sex couple on GoFundMe who said "Well I guess we are not sure of the rules for a same sex couple, so I guess we get to ask people to fund our $5000 wedding!!  Nothing fancy, just a nice day to remember."  Okay, I am about as liberal as they come and I 100% support legal, gov't sanctioned marriage for EVERYONE, so that is not the point.  Listen, Dave and Tom, the rules DO APPLY to you, no one gets to fund your day just as we don't have to fund Steven's life, either.  I thought GoFundME was for charities, hospital bills, etc, NOT yay I want a party or yay I want a honeymoon.  No go get a part time job, scale down your expenses like everyone else.

Exactly, & I hear you. I was being sarcastic, as in what you're saying (I think), in that people make up their own rules - like Steven probably thinks if he's working & going to school, it's all of a sudden okay to ask for hand outs. Well, there are a lot of people with serious financial situations & needs, but this able bodied young man who can work & go to school needs everyone else to give him their hard earned money so he can continue to live in an expensive area & provide for the child he helped make, basically by being irresponsible- then the kicker- so he can spend time with his kid - & then he defends that position. It really seems to me as entitlement to an extreme.

And since he's already been given some cash, he's now asking for more - when does it end, Steven? When will he - & Olga - grow up & take full responsibility for their situation on their own?

End rant.

Edited by gonecrackers
  • Love 8
On 12/24/2018 at 10:11 PM, configdotsys said:

"The page is doing better we hoped. We made a mutual agreement and to ensure you guys are donating for a good cause we are going to open a second account in my bank and put all of this money in the bank for Alex and everything he needs. We will not be spending this on our personal selfs!

This claim drives me insane because every dollar that people give them "for Alex" is a dollar that would either come from them or is is freed up to spend on their personal selfs, so it's the same damn thing.

16 hours ago, RealReality10 said:

On the other hand, if people are foolish enough to want to give him money for that or any other reason, then I can't really fault him for letting them, or even encouraging them.  It's not like he's engaging in fraud, and if you don't ask, you don't get.  Hell, it probably makes people happy to give him money; certainly no one is holding a gun to their heads.  It sounds like a voluntary and mutually beneficial exchange on both sides.  I think it's gross and stupid and unfair, but not that much grosser or stupider or unfairer than many many things that go on these days, much of it enabled by the internet, which 25 years ago held such promise.  Sigh. 

5 hours ago, Mrs. Hanson said:

Olga and Steven, your baby does not a huge wardrobe, Richie will grow super fast. 

I agree, but I still condone every ruble they spent on the passport picture outfit.

• Love 6
57 minutes ago, gonecrackers said:

Exactly, & I hear you. I was being sarcastic, as in what you're saying (I think), in that people make up their own rules - like Steven probably thinks if he's working & going to school, it's all of a sudden okay to ask for hand outs. Well, there are a lot of people with serious financial situations & needs, but this able bodied young man who can work & go to school needs everyone else to give him their hard earned money so he can continue to live in an expensive area & provide for the child he helped make, basically by being irresponsible- then the kicker- so he can spend time with his kid - & then he defends that position. It really seems to me as entitlement to an extreme.

And since he's already been given some cash, he's now asking for more - when does it end, Steven? When will he - & Olga - grow up & take full responsibility for their situation on their own?

End rant.

It seems like entitlement to the extreme because it IS!!!

• Love 4

Is the way Go Fund Me works that you have to hit the target amount in order to get the money? I'm asking because they lowered their goal to $5k and it's at a little over $4500 now. They probably lowered the goal because they knew they wouldn't hit $10 or $15k and didn't want to lose out on the cash.

I cannot believe that people gave money. Every one I know with kids would love to spend more time with them but you know there's this thing called life that gets in the way of just chilling with the kids all day. If Olga is unable to work here yet, she is home all day with the baby. But apparently that is not enough for Steven. He thinks both of them ought to be able to ditch working and stay home to raise their kid and being unable to do that is cruel and unfair. It sounds like he believes that everyone either does that or is in a position to do that and the reason he cannot is because he's 20. Excuse me while I die laughing. 

He's whining about college loans for cc? He has a job paying much more than minimum wage. Work extra hours and save. If the sprinkler job is supposed to get him nearly 30 bucks an hour once he has a lot of experience, then work more now, learn and get the raise. Why pack a new apprenticeship, a new baby, a fiance that cannot work yet and college all at once? 

Are we really supposed to believe that skater kid who never had any sort of structure in his life and lived to just hang with friends and chill is going to be able to balance all of the above successfully? Of course not, hence the grubby post on GFM. Real responsible asking people  to give you money from their paycheck so you can sit home on your ass. 

Edited by configdotsys
  • Love 8

Watching repeats....watching Stevens eyes while he gaslighted Olga about taking newborn Richie away.....he really has mental or emotional problems ( I’m not a doctor, i just play one on tv 😂) 

This season is insane!!

• Love 7

Because all of these crazy people were making me crazy while watching tonight's show, I thought I'd look up how long it takes to be a certified fire sprinkler installer. Well, it looks like our boy Steven didn't lie. Just going by California ( the easiest to find info about ), it takes 5 yrs and 8000 hours. So, it's not 4 yrs of class work, but years of working in the field. Makes sense (there is also way more involved to doing this work than one would think). If Steven stays at it, it might not be a bad choice for him. I still don't think they need a Go Fund Me account, but...   Once she is here, can't they get WIC and other child-related benefits if he is doing a training program? I don't know if Olga's being here on a Visa means she can't get any benefits, or if being married will at least let her get bennies for the baby. 

• Love 5

He's in Montgomery County? His grandparents in Bowie must of gotten tired of him and he found someone else's couch to surf on.

I assume this means he's attending Montgomery College, which does offer a sprinkler fitting apprenticeship. (Prince George's County Community College also offers sprinkler fitting courses and it would be much cheaper for him to live there.) The community colleges in Maryland are the primary provider of GED programming. I assume he is on a path to complete his secondary education certification before actually participating in the apprenticeship. Usually apprenticeships require a test and other certifications to get in, especially union affiliated apprenticeships. I wonder if Steven is actually in the apprenticeship program or on a pre-apprenticeship track to qualify (he hopes).

• Love 5