Type keyword(s) to search

Steven & Olga: Babies With Babies

• Start Topic

15 hours ago, BradandJanet said:

He looks like he jumped over from the cast of Unexpected. Is he 17?

I was wondering if they auditioned for that show, and TLC decided that 90 Day was a better fit.

• Love 1
55 minutes ago, Gobi said:

I was wondering if they auditioned for that show, and TLC decided that 90 Day was a better fit.

I suppose it depends on how old they are and whether or not they have parents here. Part of Unexpected is the parents' angst at the prospect of having to raise their teenager and now a new baby too.  

• Love 2

He looks like Chad Michael Murray from One Tree Hill to me. He may be my favourite of the Americans so far. 

At least, he has more awareness of his limitations than the older batch. He’s not very smart, but at least he knows it. 

• Love 5
2 minutes ago, Lynn said:

I like Steven so far. He is scared of the future but is trying to do the right thing. His grandparents are obviously the best thing in his life. I'm rooting for him.

Yes they just seem like two young people with the “twist” of her being her from Russia. I don’t think their marriage will last long though. Had she not become pregnant they probably wouldn’t have spoken again. 

• Love 6

I find it interesting that some of the foreigners on this show who speak English pick up language ticks such as using the word "like" a lot. I was just watching Olga's confessional and every fifth word was like. Azan does the same thing.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, Teri313 said:

I find it interesting that some of the foreigners on this show who speak English pick up language ticks such as using the word "like" a lot. I was just watching Olga's confessional and every fifth word was like. Azan does the same thing.

They probably watch TV with English subtitles. They don’t edit out the excessive “likes, ya knows or the like literallys”

Did y'all watch the preview last night when Olga had her c-section? Steven was sobbing behind his surgical mask. The puzzled doctor asked in Russian, "Who is crying? Is it him?"

Funniest thing ever. Russian stoicism meets American emo. 

Also kinda sweet though. Steven really loves that baby! I'm rooting for them.

On 11/5/2018 at 6:35 PM, Teri313 said:

I noticed that, too. With Olga, it's just mildly annoying and I can forgive it because her English is miles ahead of my Russian.

With Azan I wanted to smack him just for being Azan.

Edited by CoachWristletJen
  • Love 10
2 hours ago, CoachWristletJen said:

Did y'all watch the preview last night when Olga had her c-section? Steven was sobbing behind his surgical mask. The puzzled doctor asked in Russian, "Who is crying? Is it him?"

Funniest thing ever. Russian stoicism meets American emo. 

Also kinda sweet though. Steven really loves that baby! I'm rooting for them.

I prefer the emotion to robotics. She's obviously not used to it, LOL. What I don't like is if they get annoyed & impatient with him over it. She may even think he's weak because he shows emotion, but we'll see.

At one point in the previews she was calling him an "ass hole", so drama (real or contrived) is on the way.

• Love 2

Russians have emotions. They just don't show it. And, they do view it as weak. Also, they don't go around smiling all the time. They view people who smile all the time as being simple.

The upside of that is that when a Russian smiles at you or laughs at your joke, you can bet it's genuine.

I'm not criticizing Americans. I am one. I'm just saying these are differences, but they do feel deep emotions.

Steven's reaction was just beautiful and I really like these two.

And, man, do I ever agree about the outbursts Americans have, like arguing in public, throwing little tantrums on the street, etc.  It makes us look ridiculous when we are overseas in countries like Russia.

• Useful 1
  • Love 8
1 hour ago, CoachWristletJen said:

And, man, do I ever agree about the outbursts Americans have, like arguing in public, throwing little tantrums on the street, etc.  It makes us look ridiculous when we are overseas in countries like Russia.

I’m so embarrassed by this behavior. And yet the people that do them think they are to be admired for it. They argue over every perceived slight and situation where they think they were “disrespected”.

Steven was overwhelmed and very happy, but I think he and Olga will butt heads quickly. They really know nothing about each other and I have a sense that Steven is going to be overbearing and possessive with the baby. Olga seems laidback and thoughtful and he is high strung and impetuous.  

• Love 8

Obviously everyone has emotions, & Steven is really out there with his which is in stark contrast to those around him right now. He's also young so may lack in some self control there as well, especially publicly.

I also thought his reaction to the baby was very sweet & touching; Olga was obviously overcome as well just more low key about it.

No doubt there will be clashes between them soon.

• Love 2

There's a preview of them fighting in the hospital.  Steven wants to go home and Olga wants and needs to take her time because she just had a c-section.  So he's impatient wanting her to get dressed so they can leave and she just wants him to relax.  I think the birth was stressful for both of them, but Steven needs to realize she gave birth and had an operation so he needs to be patient and loving.  It's not about him right now.  They are filming the tell all this weekend in NYC and there are pictures coming out of all that are there, but none of Olga and the baby.

• Love 4

Steven, in his ignorance, probably thinks c-section means painless birth. He said something to her while they were cutting her open about how she would've been in so much pain if still laboring. However, she just had major surgery, AND a baby, so now she has the post surgical pain/healing process while taking care of a newborn.  I'm not big on hospitals being relaxing places or even the best place to heal, but if she's more comfortable there & has no help but him at home (& a film crew in her face) he should've let her take her time.

• Love 12

Birth is beautiful, but I did not need to see the inside Olga's stomach :/ while I commend his desire to show that he will be an active father, his emotion was kind of high strung and out there, I mean, babies are born every minute of every day. Especially when he went on about demanding when he was going to be in the room. However, he only mentioned sonue could see the birth of their son, not that he wanted to be there for her, so she wouldnt be alone (or did he ? I didnt catch it). 

Edited by Lily247
  • Love 2
52 minutes ago, Lily247 said:

Birth is beautiful, but I did not need to see the inside Olga's stomach :/ while I commend his desire to show that he will be an active father, his emotion was kind of high strung and out there, I mean, babies are born every minute of every day. Especially when he went on about demanding when he was going to be in the room. However, he only mentioned sonue could see the birth of their son, not that he wanted to be there for her, so she wouldnt be alone (or did he ? I didnt catch it). 

He is definitely into the being a dad thing at this point, & emphasized wanting to 'see HIS son being born'. But the show could've edited out any mention of supporting Olga. He was definitely trying to be there for her, albeit not always saying the right things, but I think he tried- in a bumbling sort of way.

I agree on the stomach, & was surprised at how much they showed without a 'graphic images' warning (maybe I missed that). 

• Love 2
55 minutes ago, Lily247 said:

Personally, I would have preferred to be alone rather than having someone hovering over me and touching and talking to me while I was in pain or having surgery. When I am sick so just want to be alone with the covers over my head. Nothing is worse than being sick,  trying to sleep, or asleep and having somebody asking. “ How do you feel?” 

• Love 4
3 hours ago, iwasish said:

Personally, I would have preferred to be alone rather than having someone hovering over me and touching and talking to me while I was in pain or having surgery. When I am sick so just want to be alone with the covers over my head. Nothing is worse than being sick,  trying to sleep, or asleep and having somebody asking. “ How do you feel?” 

Same. I was alone throughout the duration of my second birth, and it was 1000x better than when I had my husband around the entire time. I felt that Steven could have shown a little more calmer demeanor, he would have raised my stress levels if i were giving birth to his baby. 

Edited by Lily247
  • Love 5
3 hours ago, iwasish said:

Agreed. He's a bit clingy. Not Danielle clingy, but clingy nonetheless. Still, without him there, Olga would have been entirely alone. It's a blessing for a woman to have the father with her when she goes into labor, to have him stroke her hair so she can swat his hand away. That stuff is comforting!

I got the impression that a lot of his talking was directed at the cameras. He was trying to explain things to the audience as he went along. He wanted to keep the conversation going. He wanted to please the producers! He wants so much to be the best father, best show participant, best person, etc.  

And he's definitely got a Type A personality... not that he's channeling it properly. He's spinning his wheels, banging into walls, getting himself worked up, basically Rebel Without a Clue.

That being said, he is young, and he has a fair amount of insight into his behavior.  And, truly loves his child. A lot of guys would have run away, been indifferent, been hurtful.  But Steven is celebrating the child's arrival. That impresses me. I like this young man!

• Love 10
2 hours ago, CoachWristletJen said:

Agreed. He's a bit clingy. Not Danielle clingy, but clingy nonetheless. Still, without him there, Olga would have been entirely alone. It's a blessing for a woman to have the father with her when she goes into labor, to have him stroke her hair so she can swat his hand away. That stuff is comforting!

I got the impression that a lot of his talking was directed at the cameras. He was trying to explain things to the audience as he went along. He wanted to keep the conversation going. He wanted to please the producers! He wants so much to be the best father, best show participant, best person, etc.  

And he's definitely got a Type A personality... not that he's channeling it properly. He's spinning his wheels, banging into walls, getting himself worked up, basically Rebel Without a Clue.

That being said, he is young, and he has a fair amount of insight into his behavior.  And, truly loves his child. A lot of guys would have run away, been indifferent, been hurtful.  But Steven is celebrating the child's arrival. That impresses me. I like this young man!

I like him too. I just hope that when the newness of being a dad wears off and they’re both left with this newborn and have no clue what to do and don’t really even know each other that he doesn’t just become overwhelmed and check out. 

• Love 6
1 hour ago, Kiki620 said:

I'm certain I must have missed this in an early episode but does Olga have any family?  She needs more support than what Steven is giving, or able to give.  

She was raised in an orphanage, she doesn’t have any immediate family that we know of. 

• Love 5

Olga is defending Steven on her IG .  She says he was very sweet to her before during , and after the birth and when they got home, we saw a few frustrating minutes b/c it was good drama.  Her personal IG is private, but she has a work IG for her photography.  It seems she is still in Russia.

• Love 7

I read somewhere, I don't recall where, that Steven worked 2 jobs saving for the trip to Russia. He and Olga also had a GoFundMe in which they raised around 5,500 for the K-1 visa and plane ticket costs. It was also mentioned that Olga said her grandmother loved Steven, so she must have some family around. 

Edited by MrMister
correct spelling
  • Love 6

I hate to say this, but I have my suspicions that if Olga was having a baby girl, Steven wouldn't be nearly as insistent about being there and being involved.  Maybe I'm not giving the kid enough credit, but there's just something about the way he says "My SON."  

• Love 16
15 minutes ago, Nancybeth said:

I hate to say this, but I have my suspicions that if Olga was having a baby girl, Steven wouldn't be nearly as insistent about being there and being involved.  Maybe I'm not giving the kid enough credit, but there's just something about the way he says "My SON."  

I thought the same thing. It won’t be long before the frustration builds and he ends up walking away from the son, or she runs back to Russia with the baby.  He is showing abuser signs already. “Say Please” “Don’t be an asshole” red flags  All around !!

Edited by iwasish
  • Love 15
1 hour ago, Nancybeth said:

1 hour ago, iwasish said:

I thought the same thing. It won’t be long before the frustration builds and he ends up walking away from the son, or she runs back to Russia with the baby.  He is showing abuser signs already. “Say Please” “Don’t be an asshole” red flags  All around !!

I agree with you both. 

• Love 4
20 minutes ago, Scarlett45 said:

I agree with you both. 

He busted her chops for feeding the baby and not jumping up to get dressed fast enough. Then while she is doing just that, he calls her back “Olga... baby is hungry” “Olga... baby is hungry” 

He made a big deal about naming it after his father and so far all he’s referred to him as “My Son” or “Baby” never as Richie (sp).

• Love 4
2 hours ago, Nancybeth said:

Because then he couldn’t recreate the childhood he always wanted. In his mind, he will live vicariously through that baby boy and make sure Richie has everything he felt like he missed out on from his childhood. 

• Love 8
On 11/19/2018 at 6:34 PM, iwasish said:

he's down right scary!  he gave me chills.  mean and nasty.  i sort of liked him at first but now that i've seen the real  steve  i want olga to run as fast as she can away from him                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                               stv

• Love 11
On 11/17/2018 at 6:56 PM, Lily247 said:

Same. I was alone throughout the duration of my second birth, and it was 1000x better than when I had my husband around the entire time. I felt that Steven could have shown a little more calmer demeanor, he would have raised my stress levels if i were giving birth to his baby. 

We forget that Steven didn't have any of 'his' adults around him. If his grandparents or mother (is she still alive) had been there to rein him in or remind him that Olga is hurting, it might have been a different story. I still don't see him as a terrible person, just young and without guidance.

• Love 2

Poor Olga.  He really doesn't realize that she just had major surgery.  He truly thinks the way she gave birth was easier on her than if she went through labor and delivered naturally.

I really hated when he said that the baby could wait to eat.  You try that Steven, and you're going to hear an awful lot of crying.  He doesn't seen like the type who will be able to stand a lot of crying.

Also, he didn't say please when he ordered her to sit in back with the baby.  I liked him in the beginning, now I cannot stand him.

Edited by Honey
  • Love 11

Olga has the patience of a saint, and far beyond what I'd expect of someone her age. Clearly she had to grow up fast, and learned how to take care of herself. I felt awful for her when she started crying in the car. She looked so beaten down, yet she still stood up for herself and the baby. I found myself nodding along with everything she said, and was impressed with how she articulated it. It was sad how she was able to talk Steven down, mostly because it seemed like she'd had to do it a lot before, and not just with Steven.

I think Steven likes the idea of Olga and their family, but the real thing just isn't fitting into his high expectations.

Edited by EarlGreyTea
  • Love 19
13 hours ago, Justaguess said:

Steven is a time bomb in my opinion.  He scares the crap out of me.  I hope that when he leaves to come back to the USA she moves and leaves no forwarding address.  

I agree. I think he might have good intentions and he doesn’t want to be the angry time bomb that he is, but it’s just who he is. I hope he gets help and can change, he’s still super young, there’s a chance.

42 minutes ago, EarlGreyTea said:

Olga has the patience of a saint, and far beyond what I'd expect of someone her age. 

Definitely. And “I want to hear the sound of silence now,” is just about the politest, sweetest way of telling motormouth to stfu, (after just giving birth and just getting home from the hospital) one could ever come up with. 

I think Olga is my favorite cast member ever on the show. I definitely feel the most for her.

Edited by Rebecca
  • Love 20
On 11/26/2018 at 11:51 AM, LilaFowler said:

I would love a current update on these two. He can't afford the visa process for her, but once the baby has a US passport, Steven can take him. That's terrifying.

The Russian government will not allow him to take the baby without Olga’s permission, as the baby is also a Russian citizen. 

• Love 6

Olga has the patience of a saint, and far beyond what I'd expect of someone her age. 

I'm having a hard time even watching their scenes.  Olga is so sweet and you just want the absolute best for her.  When they got home and he's flying off the handle, I actually wished she were alone.  I can't imagine how hard it would be to be alone with a newborn, but it would have to be a hell of a lot better than having a psychopath hovering over you.  

It was also mentioned that Olga said her grandmother loved Steven, so she must have some family around. 

I hope she has someone, if not family, then some friends.  

• Love 10

I wanted him to just leave her alone too; she needed to rest & was practically begging him to STFU.

Olga has two babies on her hands. The way he spoke to her was like a petulant child. I almost expected him to stomp his foot & suck his thumb. One of the nurses should've just slapped a diaper on him & a bottle in his nasty ass mouth.

I don't care what anyone says- what he did definitely qualifies as emotional & verbal abuse. It would've regardless of her condition, but given her condition it's just that much more cruel.

• Love 16

I can't find this video anywhere but Facebook so if you cannot see it because you don't have FB, I'm sorry. Here goes Steven, whining that Olga is not paying attention him anymore and telling her that the baby does NOT come first. Oy.

• Love 7