Type keyword(s) to search

Colt & Larissa & Debbie: Me, You, and Bith Phtew

• Start Topic

I strongly suspect that Colt is on the spectrum, if only mildly. He's not going to get why Larissa needs shows of emotion unless she explains clearly to him. Flowers at the airport for welcoming her to her new life wasn't unreasonable. Changing her ticket when she hadn't received an already delayed visa? He did the right thing, he just didn't explain it in a language she could understand. and that has nothing to do with the 'language barrier'. 

I'm totally new to 90 Day Fiance. I think it's going to get a lot of new viewers this season, as it's being pumped and promoted by podcasters and fans of the shows I usually watch. So this might be a really basic question: WHY does Colt actually look kind of hot and handsome in the photos with Larissa from the time they spent together before she came to the country, but in person, he looks like an egg? Is it filters? 

• Love 12
On 10/30/2018 at 8:23 PM, GuiltiestPleasures said:

I feel like he's one of those guys who would call you "milady" and talk about how he's so much more chivalrous than all those "other" guys. But also thinks he needs to "establish his alpha-ness" so that the woman doesn't expect anything, hence the lecturing about AC and flowers.

I think we've been conditioned by teen movies to believe the geeky, awkward guy is ALWAYS a 100% romantic, sweetheart once any girl takes the time to get to know him.  In reality, some of them are just cheap dicks, like Colt, who don't give a damn about anyone's feelings.  If he just literally didn't have a clue about flowers (for one example) being a very nice, welcoming gesture, he would have jumped at the chance to make it right when Larissa pointed out the vending machine roses.  But no, losing $20 meant more than making her feel better and he wasn't afraid to say it.

Not saying she's any peach.  On this show, I often wonder why the foreign partner is so blind to the fact that they've been stuck with an absolute loser and chalk it up to some sort of cultural barrier.  But I got to thinking about Larissa, who seems sharp.....she's never encountered a Brazilian loser/geek?  I'm certain she has and wouldn't give them a second look.  There's no wool being pulled over her eyes because she's foreign.  Being in the USA must be reward enough. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 14

I think they're both pretty awful but my thing with her is that she couldn't even say hello before she started yammering about the flowers. Who does that?

Hoping she's not too espicy. Not ready for more Adventures of Pao type insanity.  

• Love 9
23 hours ago, Kiki620 said:

I think we've been conditioned by teen movies to believe the geeky, awkward guy is ALWAYS a 100% romantic, sweetheart once any girl takes the time to get to know him.  In reality, some of them are just cheap dicks, like Colt, who don't give a damn about anyone's feelings. 

Yep - Colt is just a dweeby loser, sorry.  Who the hell lives in Vegas with a car that has no A/C?

I just watched these two and I came to the following conclusions, as I do hold a Master's Degree:

Larissa thinks Las Vegas is hot.

She wants a pool.

She though Las Vegas would be like Beverly Hills.

She thinks Las Vegas is really really hot.

She wants to move to a bigger house with a pool.

She thinks Las Vegas is really really REALLY hot.

• LOL 2
  • Love 13
8 hours ago, Mrs. Hanson said:

Yep - Colt is just a dweeby loser, sorry.  Who the hell lives in Vegas with a car that has no A/C?

I just watched these two and I came to the following conclusions, as I do hold a Master's Degree:

Larissa thinks Las Vegas is hot.

She wants a pool.

She though Las Vegas would be like Beverly Hills.

She thinks Las Vegas is really really hot.

She wants to move to a bigger house with a pool.

She thinks Las Vegas is really really REALLY hot.

And she wants flowers.

• LOL 1
  • Love 11

Larissa isn’t all that young not all that attractive. She also has no manners. I suspect that’s a new house or apartment Colt and his mom are living in, probably recently purchased or rented in anticipation of Larissa arriving. I think Colt is pretty much over her complaints and debbie downer attitude. There’s not even a bit of passion between them.

if she doesn’t like it in Vegas and Colt doesn’t want to move, call it quits and go back to Brazil.  

• Love 9

Colt did a question /answer on his IG and it's everything.  Also Larrisa is no where on his IG.  He's nerdy and weird, but I also think he's a little bit in love with himself.  He also got in a bit of a  tiff with Jonathan and posted a picture he drew of Jon where he basically called him a douche.

Edited by doyouevengohere
  • Love 8
2 hours ago, doyouevengohere said:

Colt did a question /answer on his IG and it's everything.  Also Larrisa is no where on his IG.  He's nerdy and weird, but I also think he's a little bit in love with himself.  He also got in a bit of a  tiff with Jonathan and posted a picture he drew of Jon where he basically called him a douche.

Do you have a link to this I tried to find it and I couldn't

• Love 1
1 hour ago, SevenCostanza said:

I can't get over that.  Since it's so hot and there's no a/c why do they drive around with the windows rolled up? Seems really weird to me, I'd be dying.

I noticed when they got out of the car to look at the Las Vegas sign, Colts shirt had no sweat marks.. not under arm..not on his back or under his moobs. She was wearing a sweater and  that pleather skirt with  zipper opened to her crotch, she must have had sweat running down her legs.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
22 minutes ago, ChiCricket said:

I don't do Instagram too much, but I found this:

https://www.instagram.com/c.45.j/

Well, there are two pictures with Larissa, and more cat pictures than I can count, so it's nice to know that his priorities are in place. And, there's a mug shot! WTF? Is a criminal record a prerequisite for this show?

• Love 9
43 minutes ago, Gobi said:

Well, there are two pictures with Larissa, and more cat pictures than I can count, so it's nice to know that his priorities are in place. And, there's a mug shot! WTF? Is a criminal record a prerequisite for this show?

Maybe it's not real? He looks too nice in this....

Screenshot_20181103-145119.jpg

• Love 6
3 minutes ago, AZChristian said:

And wouldn't the name plate have his last name?

My Law & Order legal education tells me that if a name is attached the photos would be useless and not to be used by witnesses to point towards a suspect 

• Love 6
57 minutes ago, Raja said:

Wow this is a tough crowd ;)

If she’s looking for a green card and a nice comfy life..... her time is running out, the pool of guys looking for hot girl isn't that interested in those over thirty and she is not a stunning beauty, so personality counts and so far her’s sucks, so yeah it’s going to be harder to find another prospective groom. She needs to cut out the princess act and maybe do some research on the US, ruling out areas she won’t enjoy living in.

17 minutes ago, ChiCricket said:

His glasses do him no favors. They're way too big for his face

rps20181103_150847.jpg

I keep getting the feeling he’s playing all of us, maybe doing his own expose of 90 days. 

Debbie is the wildcard. She’s really good if it’s all an act.

• Love 7
On 10/30/2018 at 8:23 PM, GuiltiestPleasures said:

Does anyone else get a distinct "incel Red Pill" vibe from Colt?

I have zero sympathy for these guys that claim American women are too "feminist," because then they go overseas and find a foreign woman who turns out to be super high-maintenance. Every. Single. Time. IIRC, Colt's complaint about the American feminazi squad was that those women had the gall to suggest he shouldn't be living with his mother at 33. I guess being asked 30,000 times for flowers is somehow less demanding? It somehow pleases me that he will end up with this awful woman who will bust his balls every day of their lives together. Larissa is like some sort of fembot surgically enhanced to seek and destroy. 

• Love 24
On 10/31/2018 at 10:33 PM, queenjen said:

I strongly suspect that Colt is on the spectrum, if only mildly. He's not going to get why Larissa needs shows of emotion unless she explains clearly to him. Flowers at the airport for welcoming her to her new life wasn't unreasonable. Changing her ticket when she hadn't received an already delayed visa? He did the right thing, he just didn't explain it in a language she could understand. and that has nothing to do with the 'language barrier'. 

I'm totally new to 90 Day Fiance. I think it's going to get a lot of new viewers this season, as it's being pumped and promoted by podcasters and fans of the shows I usually watch. So this might be a really basic question: WHY does Colt actually look kind of hot and handsome in the photos with Larissa from the time they spent together before she came to the country, but in person, he looks like an egg? Is it filters? 

I'm new too! I was watching Gypsys get Married or not and walked cold into this show. Fucking fascinating ! I spent much of the episode looking at the background trying to figure out what neighborhood they lived in. I lived there for over 20 years and coming out of the airport and being hit by the heat is stunning but as ColT has said it's a desert. I wanted to root for the underdog at first glance but....I feel like he could chock her out and stab her 37 times and Mother would help him put the body in the deep freezer in the garage. Larissa  could have been more gracious and said," Sounds great to dinner! Please  excuse me to freshen up after the long flight so we can enjoy our first meal." OK to be fair that's too many words but yeah I'd like to Netfix and chill on the couch after a long ass flight and I would have hit up a weed delivery. 

Back to lurking....IDK if I want to commit to another show but this one might work for me.   

• Love 13
3 hours ago, Gobi said:

Colt is like that Seinfeld episode, some shots he’s kind of hot in a 90s grunge kind of way but in others not so much.

• Love 12
26 minutes ago, FairyDusted said:

I wanted to root for the underdog at first glance but....I feel like he could chock her out and stab her 37 times and Mother would help him put the body in the deep freezer in the garage.

Like there's room in there?  Is she his first "girlfriend"?  And if not, WHERE are the previous ones?  And how big IS that freezer?

• Love 11
8 minutes ago, spankydoll said:

He doesn't seem angry enough to be an incel. I hope her Larissa's sake that he isn't. Particularly after that gropey, incel maniac shot up the yoga studio. I get more of an incel vibe from Paul, Eric, Josh, and Mark.

Eric is the poster boy for incel.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, PityFree said:

I keep looking for Larissa’s dead tooth after people here mentioned it, but I’m very sad that I haven’t been able to find it.

Here you go. 

rps20181103_191902.jpg

Edited by ChiCricket
  • Love 4

Colt (and don't let me down, Colt) seems odd and selfish but I am hoping his logical side will prevail.  "Larissa, I am not buying you flowers for $20, it cost me $20 to park."  Besides I don't want flowers when I have to ask for them, the guy should just know......ya know?

• Love 7
2 hours ago, LaChavalina said:

I have zero sympathy for these guys that claim American women are too "feminist," because then they go overseas and find a foreign woman who turns out to be super high-maintenance. Every. Single. Time. IIRC, Colt's complaint about the American feminazi squad was that those women had the gall to suggest he shouldn't be living with his mother at 33. I guess being asked 30,000 times for flowers is somehow less demanding? It somehow pleases me that he will end up with this awful woman who will bust his balls every day of their lives together. Larissa is like some sort of fembot surgically enhanced to seek and destroy. 

She busts his balls but it doesn’t seem to have an impact on him. I don’t see him changing, if anything I see him digging his heels in further and unless the sex is mind blowing (and Larissa doesn’t seem like the type to put a lot of effort into it) I think he’ll ship her back. Her goal (after marriage) is a green card and I don’t see him marrying her unless the complaining ceases and there’s a truce with Mother. 

Theres something about Colt that keeps me thinking his and Larissa’s story is bogus, but only he is on on the joke, Mother and Larissa along with the producers and viewers are being played. Something ain’t right with that boy. 

• Love 7
5 hours ago, ChiCricket said:

Maybe it's not real? He looks too nice in this....

Screenshot_20181103-145119.jpg

My guess is it is a joke as why would you advertise this?  And yes to the poster who said his glasses are too big - without them he is better looking.

• Love 4
6 hours ago, iwasish said:

I noticed when they got out of the car to look at the Las Vegas sign, Colts shirt had no sweat marks.. not under arm..not on his back or under his moobs. She was wearing a sweater and  that pleather skirt with  zipper opened to her crotch, she must have had sweat running down her legs.

From what I'm told, in an extremely dry climate, such as Las Vegas, perspiration evaporates instantly. There is a real danger of dehydration, as you are not aware that you're sweating.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, JennyMominFL said:

I live in Orlando and I am sometimes shocked at how many cars i see with no A/c in summer.

I live in Minnesota and need A/C in the summer!  Vegas?  Oy.......I went to Vegas last April and it was scorching then.

• Love 2

I'm not believing he didn't have a/c. Windows up, Vegas, not a drop of sweat on either of them, no dampness of the hair but also no flushed faces, & her makeup was perfect with no melting, running, fading- even in that sweater. There were zero signs of heat discomfort, so I call BS.

• Love 10
On November 2, 2018 at 4:47 PM, Rabbittron said:

I just threw up because I just saw a commercial where he said him and his mother has a thing going on for a long time.

Me and Mrs Johnson 

We got a thing goin on

We both know that it's wrong 

But  it's much too strong 

To let it  go now 

• Love 4
20 hours ago, Raja said:

My Law & Order legal education tells me that if a name is attached the photos would be useless and not to be used by witnesses to point towards a suspect 

On our County Jail webpage, none of the mugshots have the names showing.  And . . . "suspects" wouldn't have mugshots.  Those aren't made until after an arrest.  (However, I do not have the vast educational background from L&O that you have . . . haven't watched it for years.  I AM a Dateline junkie, though.)

• Love 4
35 minutes ago, AZChristian said:

On our County Jail webpage, none of the mugshots have the names showing.  And . . . "suspects" wouldn't have mugshots.  Those aren't made until after an arrest.  (However, I do not have the vast educational background from L&O that you have . . . haven't watched it for years.  I AM a Dateline junkie, though.)

And the first name would not be shown first with a comma after... it would be Last name comma First Name.

Edited by iwasish
  • Love 4
6 hours ago, athousandclowns said:

I just threw up because I just saw a commercial where he said him and his mother has a thing going on for a long time.

Yes I saw that too.  I am not sure if "raising your kids" counts as "having a thing going on."  I think it is just.......raising your kids.  Now, me and Mr Hanson.....we DO have thing going on.  It is called a romance.  A marriage.  A.....(clears throat).....sexual relationship.

Colt you are weird.

• Love 5
16 minutes ago, Mrs. Hanson said:
6 hours ago, athousandclowns said:

Yes I saw that too.  I am not sure if "raising your kids" counts as "having a thing going on."  I think it is just.......raising your kids.  Now, me and Mr Hanson.....we DO have thing going on.  It is called a romance.  A marriage.  A.....(clears throat).....sexual relationship.

Colt you are weird.

An unfortunate choice of words... hopefully.

Edited by gonecrackers
  • Love 2

I would be equally disappointed with the house and Las Vegas, I just wouldn't say what was on my mind. He can handle himself and appears to be able to shut her down. He says he's 'in love' but there's such a flat affect with his emotions. He's definitely on the 'spectrum', even the way he walks, his 'gait' demonstrates the same awkward movement.

• Love 8