Type keyword(s) to search

Eric & Leida: Put It In Proper

• Start Topic

This relationship both confuses me and annoys me. When I watched the first video tonight, I did not understand why Leida would leave a life of leisure in Jakarta for the USA. I also don't understand Eric's blind belief that living in the USA is better than any life of wealth in another country. What woman would choose living in poverty over having maids and chauffeurs? I don't think America is that great of country and Eric's a fool for thinking this. Surely he has a lot of money stashed away, or...? Last (superficial) note - I wish he'd get botox for that valley of a crease on his forehead. 

• Love 18

He's an ass.

When he was talking to his ex about Leida being upset he was paying child-support, he kept saying it was "court-ordered" but then at one point he oh-so-smoothly said he would be paying it even if it wasn't court-ordered.  No shit DAD of the Year.  Jackass had to have a court decide how much he has to pay??

• Love 14
On 10/22/2018 at 12:34 AM, Chalby said:

This relationship both confuses me and annoys me. When I watched the first video tonight, I did not understand why Leida would leave a life of leisure in Jakarta for the USA. I also don't understand Eric's blind belief that living in the USA is better than any life of wealth in another country. What woman would choose living in poverty over having maids and chauffeurs? I don't think America is that great of country and Eric's a fool for thinking this. Surely he has a lot of money stashed away, or...? Last (superficial) note - I wish he'd get botox for that valley of a crease on his forehead. 

I can't speak for Jakarta but in Metro Manila having maids and a driver doesn't mean that your city has piped in water or you can afford your air conditioning. The maid service class is more of the local social safety net, as compared to food stamps and welfare.

Edited by Raja
  • Love 8
On 10/22/2018 at 7:53 AM, AZChristian said:

Gut feeling . . . Leida worked in the house she gave a tour of in the first episode.  She was one of the multiple maids.

I agree and took it a step (worse) further.  She was one of the live-in maids.  The wife finally figured out Leida's son looks TOO MUCH like her husband.  Leila and the boy are exiled.

On 10/22/2018 at 1:34 AM, Chalby said:

Surely he has a lot of money stashed away, or...?

I don't think Eric has a stash and his "pot to piss in" is paid for jointly by his teenage daughter.

• Love 10
On 10/22/2018 at 9:53 AM, AZChristian said:

Gut feeling . . . Leida worked in the house she gave a tour of in the first episode.  She was one of the multiple maids.

My gut feeling, the servants work for her parents and she’s cut off.

• Love 13
5 hours ago, Neurochick said:

My gut feeling, the servants work for her parents and she’s cut off.

That would make a lot of sense.  Maybe they are shamed that she is divorced or was never married with a child and now she's looking for a "rich American" to swoop in and give her the same lifestyle.  I don't think the money is her money; her parents are financing her.  Still, I don't' understand why their house looks like a community center or church hall basement. Interestingly enough , TLC tweeted that she is licensed to practice medicene in the UK and Canada.  She had better get cleared to practice in the US b/c she'll be the only one in that marriage making any money if she wants nice things.

Edited by doyouevengohere
  • Love 10
On ‎10‎/‎22‎/‎2018 at 9:53 AM, AZChristian said:

I was wondering that too.  Or like someone else said, she does come from money but her parents cut her off.

• Love 5
Just now, funky-rat said:

I was wondering that too.  Or like someone else said, she does come from money but her parents cut her off.

My only reason to think that she doesn't come from money . . . have you ever heard a rich person giving a tour of their house and say things like, "This is a huge room.  Look at the ceiling.  Looks like a church, doesn't it?"  That sounded like someone pretending they were rich and pointing out things.

Again . . . just a gut feeling.  I don't know a lot of rich people to compare her to, though.

• Love 9
3 minutes ago, AZChristian said:

My only reason to think that she doesn't come from money . . . have you ever heard a rich person giving a tour of their house and say things like, "This is a huge room.  Look at the ceiling.  Looks like a church, doesn't it?"  That sounded like someone pretending they were rich and pointing out things.

Again . . . just a gut feeling.  I don't know a lot of rich people to compare her to, though.

Yeah, I felt the same way.  The only thing that gave me some pause was her medical degree.

• Love 4
2 minutes ago, funky-rat said:

Yeah, I felt the same way.  The only thing that gave me some pause was her medical degree.

I confess to crocheting while watching, so my eyes aren't always on the screen.  Did she SAY she had a medical degree, or was there some PROOF of it?  After all, Azan SAID he bought a shop with Nicole's $6,000 . . . but we never saw a shop or any inventory.

• LOL 1
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, AZChristian said:

One assumes that a lot of things are production driven.  It's not like they were having a private conversation that was later provided to TLC.  They were performing, and near the start of their TLC taping time, they're probably not pushing back a lot on what they're being asked to do.  I assume that they were asked to do a "show me how great your life is there" bit on a video chat and so they did it.

• Love 8
22 hours ago, AZChristian said:

The house and staff reminds me of a rich land owner Protestant church founder that I know of in Pampanga Philippines., a smaller local Joel Osteen without a TV show to alert the world of her relative riches.  Only in this case instead of being surrounded by a Catholic community Leida's family home/church compound is surrounded by an Islamic one.  Small cultural differences can account for how we show our house and we have the camera and editor involved in how we see it.

I think the compound is just what it claims to be but as a divorce in a church community, with no information of where the parents church falls on that issue, I am thinking that being cut off from , in a no second marraige way, or damaged goods to the local Christian community

• Love 5

There is so much about this that is just...weird.  Eric is 40, right?  His oldest daughter is 21 and he's been single for at least a couple of years.  So he was, what, 16/17 when he got married?  And now he wants to marry a young 20ish person with a 5 year old child?  WTF??? His ex wife seems to be the only sane one in the bunch.  

• Love 7

I don't know how weird. He fits the stereotypes of most the other men on this show who went to a Southeast Asian island and came back with a spouse. The biggest difference is she brought her child with her.

• Love 3
5 hours ago, Marta said:

There is so much about this that is just...weird.  Eric is 40, right?  His oldest daughter is 21 and he's been single for at least a couple of years.  So he was, what, 16/17 when he got married?  And now he wants to marry a young 20ish person with a 5 year old child?  WTF??? His ex wife seems to be the only sane one in the bunch.  

Are we sure he's only 40? He looks older than that.

• Love 9
On ‎10‎/‎25‎/‎2018 at 10:39 AM, funky-rat said:

Someone in another thread (or in this one) said there was record she was licensed to practice medicine in Indonesia and Canada.

I am giving her a lot of side eye, just seems off...if she is a doctor in her homeland why leave and give up her ability to practice medicine?

• Love 4
On 10/25/2018 at 9:39 AM, funky-rat said:

Someone in another thread (or in this one) said there was record she was licensed to practice medicine in Indonesia and Canada.

For some reason, I'm still not buying it. And if her name is on record, I wouldn't be surprised if it was someone with the same/similar name. I just can't give her credit for doing something  ambitious. 

• Love 7
3 hours ago, politichick said:

Are we sure he's only 40? He looks older than that.

One of the sleuths of Reddit verified Eric's birth date from his divorce filing. He's 40! I'm 53 and look younger than he does. Based on a judgemental perusal of his home, dress and dining habits I would say that eric, like Angela, looks horrible and she's because of poor nutrition, smoking, drinking and poor grooming   

• Love 11
On 10/22/2018 at 12:28 PM, Horrified said:

He's an ass.

When he was talking to his ex about Leida being upset he was paying child-support, he kept saying it was "court-ordered" but then at one point he oh-so-smoothly said he would be paying it even if it wasn't court-ordered.  No shit DAD of the Year.  Jackass had to have a court decide how much he has to pay??

And the asshole discussed it on front of his kids.

My dad used to give me the check to deliver to my mom, I guess he didn’t want to spend the cost of a stamp.

• Love 8
On 10/22/2018 at 9:53 AM, AZChristian said:

That's what I think, too. Otherwise, no way would she leave that kind of life to live in a cramped apartment with an old man who is, let's face it, kind of an a$$hole.

Given the way he treats his ex-wife and his kids, it wouldn't surprise me if he catfished her a bit about the size of his home, his amount of wealth, etc.

Edited by CoachWristletJen
  • Love 9
4 minutes ago, CoachWristletJen said:

That's what I think, too. Otherwise, no way would she leave that kind of life to live in a cramped apartment with an old man who is, let's face it, kind of an a$$hole.

There shouldn't be any "$$" in the word used to describe him.  He has no $$.  LOL.

• Love 9
10 minutes ago, AZChristian said:

There shouldn't be any "$$" in the word used to describe him.  He has no $$.  LOL.

Absolutely right. That's why the courts had to take what little he had from his clenched fists in order to provide for his kids. And he basically bragged to them that he would have turned it over anyway had they not ordered him to do so with the eventual threat of jail time.  Great thing to keep putting into their young minds. Clearly money is a big contention with him. He's one of those. And, he's married a gold digger, or, in this case, a tin digger.  Why oh why would she choose him?

For most of these Americans looking online to wife, a child would be an immediate rule out. It would force them to consider the woman as a whole person, her life, her needs, as opposed to how she fits into a bustier. 

• Love 8
On 10/23/2018 at 11:06 AM, Raja said:

I can't speak for Jakarta but in Metro Manila having maids and a driver doesn't mean that your city has piped in water or you can afford your air conditioning. The maid service class is more of the local social safety net, as compared to food stamps and welfare.

I don't understand what this means. Instead of receiving food stamps they get maids?

• Love 1
9 minutes ago, Chalby said:

I don't understand what this means. Instead of receiving food stamps they get maids?

The social safety net is not governmental it is the people hiring those on the next step down where as in other cultures people do without maids and nannies, in this particular case ,and those excess people  are on some sort of government assistance 

• Love 8

This is what is going to happen: Eric‘s daughter is going to find a new apartment and move out. Leida is going to decide she hates everything about Eric and his apartment and go back home. Eric will try to get his daughter to move back in and she will tell him to go fork himself. Then he is going to be left paying all the rent by himself.

• Love 19
8 hours ago, CoachWristletJen said:

It's quite possible that her family was making her so miserable over there that she was willing to find any means of escape, just to be someplace she could feel reasonably comfortable in her own skin. Of course she may not realize that she's jumping out of the frying pan and into the fire!

Depending on how uptight her family is, the things that they can do with shame and lack of acceptance are brutal, all under the veneer of a comfortable lifestyle. Lifestyles of the dysfunctional.

I get the feeling that her family got fed up with her spoiled attitude. When the sister, who looked like she was tired of Leida herself, said "now that you are in America, who will take care of Alessandro?" And the silence that followed makes me think that Leida is definitely the black sheep of her l family. 

• Love 15
10 hours ago, PityFree said:

This is what is going to happen: Eric‘s daughter is going to find a new apartment and move out. Leida is going to decide she hates everything about Eric and his apartment and go back home. Eric will try to get his daughter to move back in and she will tell him to go fork himself. Then he is going to be left paying all the rent by himself.

Or - in terms with which he is familiar - she will tell him to "pack (or was it pound?) sand."

• Love 7
11 hours ago, Lily247 said:

I get the feeling that her family got fed up with her spoiled attitude. When the sister, who looked like she was tired of Leida herself, said "now that you are in America, who will take care of Alessandro?" And the silence that followed makes me think that Leida is definitely the black sheep of her l family. 

I checked out her social media (instagram and facebook accounts) and seemed like she lived in Japan for a few years - I think her ex husband is Japanese. So she should have used to live independently (outside of her parents house) and raised her son without help (i dont think domestic help is common in Japan, right?). Unless if her family visited her and stayed months at a time to help out with the son.

Her interest in gaming and cosplay possibly make her the black sheep of the family. I think I saw that her dad is a surgeon. 

Edited by col1234
To change article
  • Love 8
On ‎10‎/‎26‎/‎2018 at 4:22 PM, Baltimore Betty said:

I am giving her a lot of side eye, just seems off...if she is a doctor in her homeland why leave and give up her ability to practice medicine?

I'm giving side eye to her whole thing.  None of it makes sense, and most of it seems made-up.

And WTF with his "We're staying in a cabin in PA!".  No.  That's not a cabin.  It's a townhouse or perhaps a vacation rental.  Cabins sometimes don't have indoor plumbing (I've stayed in a few).  It may be at a place like Shawnee Village or Fernwood Resort, but definitely NOT a cabin.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, gunderda said:

Most modern cabins DO have indoor plumbing (but yes that wasn't a cabin).

44 minutes ago, Gobi said:

Pennsylvania seems far to go to wait for more arrivals at JFK Airport. I would think that upstate NY, Connecticut, or NJ would make more sense.

I did say "SOMETIMES".  But many people from other areas come here wanting to "rent cabins" only to be disappointed in what they find.  If they're where I think they are, they're about 1.45 hours away from me.  You're more likely to find a rustic cabin where I am than a vacation condo.  And again, if they're where I think they are, they're only about 1.5 hours from NYC - not terribly bad.  I'm about 3.5 hours away where I am.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, funky-rat said:

I'm giving side eye to her whole thing.  None of it makes sense, and most of it seems made-up.

And WTF with his "We're staying in a cabin in PA!".  No.  That's not a cabin.  It's a townhouse or perhaps a vacation rental.  Cabins sometimes don't have indoor plumbing (I've stayed in a few).  It may be at a place like Shawnee Village or Fernwood Resort, but definitely NOT a cabin.

He just thought he was going to Sexytown PA with his 5th Runner Up Bride ASAP.  

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Gobi said:

Pennsylvania seems far to go to wait for more arrivals at JFK Airport. I would think that upstate NY, Connecticut, or NJ would make more sense.

Yup. But Eric had a Groupon for that place.

• Love 21
5 hours ago, PityFree said:

Yup. But Eric had a Groupon for that place.

I get Groupon vacation emails all the time and there's one in the Poconos that's "adults only" and every picture in the Groupon emails has the giant martini glass whirlpool thingy in the bedroom (or living room, either way WEIRD) and I am always disappointed in the reviews.  I revisit them in hopes I'll come across someone describing it how we all describe anything here on the forums.  LOL . Someday, someone will.  I have faith.  

• Love 7
27 minutes ago, ALittleShelfish said:

I get Groupon vacation emails all the time and there's one in the Poconos that's "adults only" and every picture in the Groupon emails has the giant martini glass whirlpool thingy in the bedroom (or living room, either way WEIRD) and I am always disappointed in the reviews.  I revisit them in hopes I'll come across someone describing it how we all describe anything here on the forums.  LOL . Someday, someone will.  I have faith.  

I have always wanted to stay in one of those rooms with the champagne glass tub!!!! I must say that Eric's choice of that shabby looking cabin doesn't bode well for the future travels of his new bride. He's still courting her at this point. 

The cabin looks very smelly. 

• Love 6
5 minutes ago, spankydoll said:

I have always wanted to stay in one of those rooms with the champagne glass tub!!!! I must say that Eric's choice of that shabby looking cabin doesn't bode well for the future travels of his new bride. He's still courting her at this point. 

The cabin looks very smelly. 

So does Eric, I imagine a combo of sweat and mildew, and stale beer. 

• Love 10