Type keyword(s) to search

Kalani & Asuelu: Cheeto Dust and Slut People

• Start Topic

11 hours ago, zenme said:
15 hours ago, Back Atcha said:

And for that reason, those children should be subjected to poverty--to the primitive and hardscrabble life Asuelu finds comfortable (and prefers) in Samoa?  We see how "educated" he is; do those little American children deserve that new lifestyle because "they deserve a father"?  What kind of a mother will Kalani eventually be trying to live an ancient culture that values women only for the number of children they produce and the amount of services they provide to the head of the household?

You totally edited my comment.  You’ve made it sound as though I think Kalami and the boys should move the boys to Samoa and live Asuelo’s Samoan lifestyle.  Please go back and read my post in it’s entirety, or don’t take a small portion of my wording to make it fit your comment. 

Because I'm not quite sure what you've told me to do, I'll post your full comment below. I wasn't trying to change or "edit"anything you wrote "to fit my comment."  

This is your comment in full--the comment I responded to: "That would be a great idea if she were without children, however, she is not. Those kids deserve to have their father, which is why, I suspect, she continues to work on her relationship with Asuelo. While he needs a lot of guidance on what fathers in America do, he seems to really love them and want them." 

Edited by Back Atcha

If Kalani and the kids go to Samoa, here's what I expect will happen:

Production will reserve several rooms in a resort. Meanwhile, Kalani & Co. will take some suitcases to the 'Samoan house". While filming, they'll pretend to be living there. When the cameras stop rolling they'll be back at the resort. 

If there's even a tiny chance that Family Aseulu's antics are real then I'd never step foot onto that island without Father Kalani. I consider myself independent and I don't "need" a man, but in this situation it would only be to Kalani's benefit that she have Lo (a Samoan man) on her side. 

5 hours ago, Back Atcha said:

Because I'm not quite sure what you've told me to do, I'll post your full comment below. I wasn't trying to change or "edit"anything you wrote "to fit my comment."  

This is your comment in full--the comment I responded to: "That would be a great idea if she were without children, however, she is not. Those kids deserve to have their father, which is why, I suspect, she continues to work on her relationship with Asuelo. While he needs a lot of guidance on what fathers in America do, he seems to really love them and want them." 

I took @zenme to mean that they should work on their relationship, not that Kalani should move to Samoa. 

• Love 6
9 hours ago, mamadrama said:

Production will reserve several rooms in a resort. Meanwhile, Kalani & Co. will take some suitcases to the 'Samoan house". While filming, they'll pretend to be living there. When the cameras stop rolling they'll be back at the resort. 

I agree.  I thought that Asuelo floated the idea of living in Samoa as a way to get on 90 Day Fiance: The Other Way.  Maybe his friend or family proposed it to him, because I don't give Asuelo credit to have thought it on his own. 

• Love 3
17 hours ago, mamadrama said:

If there's even a tiny chance that Family Aseulu's antics are real then I'd never step foot onto that island without Father Kalani. I consider myself independent and I don't "need" a man, but in this situation it would only be to Kalani's benefit that she have Lo (a Samoan man) on her side. 

Interesting.  I just assumed that Kalani would consider it, thinking that she'd be living the resort lifestyle, when in reality she'd be eating fish & taro, and living with no running water or electricity.  Of course, production would frame whatever narrative they wanted to sell.

• Love 2
7 hours ago, Kath94 said:

Interesting.  I just assumed that Kalani would consider it, thinking that she'd be living the resort lifestyle, when in reality she'd be eating fish & taro, and living with no running water or electricity.  Of course, production would frame whatever narrative they wanted to sell.

This franchise has a history of filming it to make it look like they live/work in one place when they're really not. Aseulu's job isn't to hand out yogurt samples, Annie and David lived in a real apartment in Louisville, and Deavan didn't "rent" a home for them in South Korea-it was an Air BnB and was always meant to be temporary. 

• Useful 4
On 11/4/2020 at 3:10 PM, Auntie Anxiety said:

And have a second child with, before the first child was barely able to sit up by himself.

Ha, I thought you mean before Asuelo could sit up by himself...which isn't really that out of the realm, right?!

On 8/22/2021 at 4:02 PM, Back Atcha said:
  On 8/22/2021 at 12:51 AM, Back Atcha said:

And for that reason, those children should be subjected to poverty--to the primitive and hardscrabble life Asuelu finds comfortable (and prefers) in Samoa?  We see how "educated" he is; do those little American children deserve that new lifestyle because "they deserve a father"?  What kind of a mother will Kalani eventually be trying to live an ancient culture that values women only for the number of children they produce and the amount of services they provide to the head of the household?

While I personally do not feel that Kalani and her kids should move to Samoa, it's mainly because I think Asuelo would not protect her from the cultural differences that would be problematic for her. BUT, assuming a different culture is 'primitive' is problematic, yet common here in the US. When Americans assume that other cultures are 'primitive' it really stigmatizes every other culture that isn't what some Americans think is 'the gold standard' of life.  I have done a considerable amount of work throughout Africa and the Pacific Islands, I can state with firsthand knowledge and experience that just because people live in houses made of mud or straw or with thatched roofs and open air walls, does not mean they are 'primitive'. Just because someone does not live with electricity or running water does not make them 'hardscrabble' or somehow 'less than'. It just makes their daily life different from yours or mine. The word 'primitive' has/is used in such a derogatory manner quite a bit with regards to this 90 Day franchise and really, which is a more 'primitive' lifestyle - one where people live in tight knit communities, where they respect their elders, and where the live more simply and closer to the land OR one where people are constantly on their phones reading social media, where they don't take care of their elders, where they live isolated nuclear family unit lives, and where they are constantly subjected to others in their 'society' gunning down school children, selling drugs to kids, and so on? Which of those two societies is more evolved and which is more primitive? I'd say the first is more evolved as human beings - they live close to the land and sea and they respect family bonds and work together for the good of the community. The other, which is the America I live in now, is obsessed with social media and what others are doing, whilst paying less and less attention to what really matters - the land, the sea, our elders, what is in the best interest of our community and not just ourselves, and of course there's the rampant mass shootings. To me that's a primitive lifestyle, like cavemen who only know to use violence when they want something and don't care about anyone else's needs.

Let me be clear, there are domestic violence issues in the Pacific Island cultures, BUT, there is a shit ton of that here in America too, so those kids can be exposed to that in either place quite easily. They are probably waaaaay more at risk of being victims of a mass/school shooting here in the USA, compared to in Samoa where that sort of thing just does not happen.

This argument has nothing to do with Samoa being 'primitive' or a 'hardscrabble'/difficult life and everything to do with two lazyass, useless sacks of shit who sadly became parents and neither one really wants to work a normal job to support their family so they are trying to find the easiest way to live without having to work much. So I get why Asuelo wants to move back, it IS a more simplistic life, but yeah, they'll still have to work hard there because Kalani's parents wont be there to bail them out all the time. Which is why Kalani wants to stay, she'll always have mommy and daddy to cushion her fall if she stays here. And not for nothing but those children are half Samoan, just because they were born on US soil doesn't negate their father's and their heritage.

Edited by gingerella
  • Like 1
  • Love 9
1 hour ago, gingerella said:

The word primitive is used in such a derogatory manner and really, which is a more 'primitive' lifestyle - one where people live in tight knit communities, where they respect their elders, and where the live more simply and closer to the land OR one where people are constantly on their phones reading social media, where they don't take care of their elders, where they live isolated nuclear family unit lives, and where they are constantly subjected to others in their 'society' gunning down school children, selling drugs to kids, and so on?

You're quoting my posting...and calling MY use of the word, "primitive" "such a derogatory manner."  That is not the case at all--and it's actually insulting.  There are many definitions of the word ... and let's just use this as what I meant--generally:   "Having a quality or style that offers an extremely basic level of comfort, convenience, or efficiency."

I was not describing an entire society.  My comment had a simple meaning: Kalani cannot live  the "simple life" Asuelu expects of her.  I won't explain further lest it too be misconstrued.

Edited by Back Atcha
  • Love 1
(edited)

I'm not believing that A & K are really through.    The couples on this show split up, announce the divorce, then the public reunion. 

I don't think Asuelu is limited, he's just not educated, and isn't interested in doing anything to advance himself, besides what he wants to do.  

Look at how many times Tiffany and Ronald have been split up and reunited.    Same thing with Paul and Karine.     Anything to get another season of TLC money.    

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Like 1
  • Love 5

The house is up for sale. They just did a price drop. It is so weird to me that during diaries which was halloween they talked about selling and the house would have sold in a second for full ask. The listed right after interest rates went up and similar brand new houses went on the market. I only saw there house come up because my friend is looking for a home(I live in the same area) . I knew the area they lived in but not the exact street. The place he played volleyball at and which was his work place was literally in his backyard. In fact the listing for the home says something like enjoy home close the pool and sports center is. 

I really believe they are in CA. Im torn about them being spilt. I think the family is closer then shown. I think her father and Asuleo are very close. I think it is actually Kalini that wants out to be free and be with her sister travelling and living the life and Aseulo wants to be home with the kids and have a family life. I cant imagine her Mormon parents like all the sexy underwear pics on swings she is taking while Aseulo is working and golfing with the dad. 

My guess is they move to CA, and Aseulo works with the dad and they live with the family or very close and Kalini is allowed to travel and do her thing and her parents and Asuelo will be with the boys. If there is a divorce I will be surprised. I just do not think her parents will allow it, mainly her dad. 

Also Aseulo is NOT slow. I promise you I have met him in person and he is not slow. There is a large Samoan population and they are soft spoken and are used to a slow quiet pace of life. I also think since he had little knowledge of English (and a 7th grade education) when he came her, and Kalini and her family speak Samoan and he moved to a community that speaks Samoan (church, friends, shopping), he had little chance to have to speak English or practice. Asuelo has lead big shows with thousands in attendance that paid good money , he teaches dance classes to kids (and parents trust him with their small kids alone, he is not a bad with kids, on youtube there are cute videos on him and his dance class kids performing).  I so wish TLC had shown us more of his island and culture. He came from one of the most remote places and it is like traveling back in time. There are many recent videos on Tonga (after the disater struck) and Tonga is very simliar to Samoa in many ways. You will see dirt roads, very informal, very basic housing, no chain stores, it is small , remote, and self sufficient. 

• Applause 1
  • Useful 7
  • Love 5

I blame Kalani thru and thru.

She didn't have to marry her vacation booty. And she didn't have to have another child.

I hope Emily from this season is taking note. This will be you in a few years.

• Applause 2
  • Love 7
12 minutes ago, greekmom said:

I blame Kalani thru and thru.

She didn't have to marry her vacation booty. And she didn't have to have another child.

I hope Emily from this season is taking note. This will be you in a few years.

She is a miserable harpy, I'm surprised they lasted this long.

• Like 1
  • Love 5
(edited)

Meh she isn’t a delight but he is not so great himself….calling her a bitch and refusing to quit volleyball in the middle of the pandemic. Not to mention that   “raising kids is a woman’s job and it is not hard”…never lifting a finger to help while hiding behind his bullshit ‘sweet island boy’ image. Disappearing for hours when things don’t go his way. Nah but she chose him.

Edited by sainte-chapelle
  • Love 9
(edited)
13 hours ago, sainte-chapelle said:

Meh she isn’t a delight but he is not so great himself….calling her a bitch and refusing to quit volleyball in the middle of the pandemic. Not to mention that   “raising kids is a woman’s job and it is not hard”…never lifting a finger to help while hiding behind his bullshit ‘sweet island boy’ image. Disappearing for hours when things don’t go his way. Nah but she chose him.

I agree, they're virtually broke, and Asuelu demands they buy a house (they were living in a house owned by Kalani's parents, with her mother living upstairs) for a huge amount, because he needed a big enough yard to play volleyball.    He wasn't just playing volleyball many days a week during the height of the pandemic either, he also was helping with dance lessons too, traveling all over.  Since the park where the dance troup performs was closed for months during the pandemic shutdowns, his income was virtually nothing, but he still was pushing for an expensive, huge house.  He also puts up with his awful sister and mother demanding every penny from K & A, even if that means their children starve.   I know things are exaggerated and scripted, but I don't think the greedy mother and sister are that good of actors to put on the show of greed, and vicious behavior.  

OK, thanks to silverspoons, they aren't broke.  However, if the divorce is more than just a storyline, then will Low continue to work with him?  

Kalani's mother was being very careful because she has a pre-existing condition that makes her more vulnerable to infections.  

I think Low wanted to move back to California, because that's where most of his business is.  I don't know if K & A would go with them, or if the 'selling the house' crisis is just another storyline. 

I hope if they do divorce and he goes to Samoa, that Kalani never lets him take the kids there, because she'll never see them again unless she goes to Samoa to visit them.    I can see the greedy Mama A wanting money to return the kids, because you know Asuelu will do what she says.   

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Useful 1
  • Love 4
8 hours ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

I agree, they're virtually broke, and Asuelu demands they buy a house (they were living in a house owned by Kalani's parents, with her mother living upstairs) for a huge amount, because he needed a big enough yard to play volleyball.    He wasn't just playing volleyball many days a week during the height of the pandemic either, he also was helping with dance lessons too, traveling all over.  Since the park where the dance troup performs was closed for months during the pandemic shutdowns, his income was virtually nothing, but he still was pushing for an expensive, huge house.  He also puts up with his awful sister and mother demanding every penny from K & A, even if that means their children starve.   I know things are exaggerated and scripted, but I don't think the greedy mother and sister are that good of actors to put on the show of greed, and vicious behavior.  

I hope if they do divorce and he goes to Samoa, that Kalani never lets him take the kids there, because she'll never see them again unless she goes to Samoa to visit them.    I can see the greedy Mama A wanting money to return the kids, because you know Asuelu will do what she says.   

This is not correct. They were living with her family because that is what Samoan families do. They live together.

They could have afford a home the whole time. He was working more then the shows at the park (and the park only cancelled a few shows, Utah was open for business, the news ABC even came down and said it was the most normal area in America).  The shows he did , were not all closed down. I know this because my husband and kids go to a halloween show (Thriller) at Tuachan and it was still fully open in 2020 and 2021 and no masks, no distancing and over 2,000 people smashed into the seating. I told my husband he could not go because I felt it was not safe. The days before and after the halloween show Aseluo and his group were performing , sold out $49+ a ticket. I was shocked when Kalini's mom was talking about being locked down when the whole city was open and he was out doing shows. I was careful during covid but I sent my kids to in person school, I shopped in store sometimes, I let my kids still do clubs but I would not sit at performace with 2,000 people, legs touching , no masks,  and kids walking up and down the aisles with no manners.  The cultural group become so popular during covid, they went from renting space at the rec center (where they played volleyball at and he worked) to opening their own location downtown. There are videos of Asuleo tecahing kids how to dance (seems like 20-25 kids) in a class . They also branched out to teaching cooking, music and other aspects of their culture.  It is also strongly rumored he works with her dad. I have no personal confirmation because some people who work in the same construction field seeing them together and people at school saying they work together. Her father and Aseulo are very close so I kind of think he could be working with him. One of her brothers works in another field and Samoans keep work in the family or community.  They are out golfing together all the time and recently entered a tournament together. 

As for buying a new home, when they looked, those homes were cheap. Those home were by the airport and not expensive and not selling at the time. I was offered the model home 4500sq ft decked out with 6 bed 4 baths, for 259k.  Until covid hit, you could buy a new home in southern utah 4 beds 3 baths for 200k and taxes and utilities are so cheap. I did not appreciate how cheap until I spent the winter in New england. In southern Utah I paid less then $300 a year for heat and hot water, I almost died seeing heating costs in New england. Power is .03 a kwh in southern Utah  no delivery fees so the house the looked at with taxes, power, heat, water, internet, trash, sewer, would have been $1200 a month total expense (at that time). That is one episode of pillow talk! Of course now after covid and everyone wants to live here, those homes are sky high. If they did put $500 down on one of those houses, they are rolling it in today. I have wondered did they? If they put $500 down and held the house lot, and covid hit they could have sold their place in line for 300-400k profit easy. It might be why they can move back to CA? 

I promise you they were never broke. While I can confirm how much money he made, he did work, He was super popular on cameo, they had a decent youtube channel for ahwile. and pillow talk and 2 happily ever afters (which pay 40-50k since they pay both parties, I know they first season was peanuts like 10-12k). They lived with her parents and had no bills for 3 years so how could they be broke. They live pretty simple, church, family, no fancy clothes , cars, plastic surgery, or trips (like other cast). If he is working with her dad, the money is really good. Construction is booming and being landlocked there is only so many companies to choose from. 

• Useful 5
  • Love 1
6 minutes ago, magemaud said:

Asuelu is yet ANOTHER Social Media Influencer AND Model to come out of this franchise? https://screenrant.com/90-day-fiance-asuelu-polynesian-fashion-weight-loss/

Jesus wept. I wonder how much of this money is going to support his kids….I bet it is all going to mom. If he is back in Samoa I doubt he will ever see those kids. I remember Rober bashing him on Pillow Talk for being a bad parent. Robert has a lot of kids but apparently his previous girlfriends all say he is a good dad.

• Like 5

Unless he has citizenship, he can't leave the U.S. without permission for a certain amount of time without losing his visa.  

Yes, Asuelu and his awful mother are from Samoa, not American Samoa.     That means that if Asuelu managed to get the kids to Samoa, that Kalani would never see them in the U.S again.    

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Like 1
  • Useful 2
8 hours ago, sainte-chapelle said:

Jesus wept. I wonder how much of this money is going to support his kids….I bet it is all going to mom. If he is back in Samoa I doubt he will ever see those kids. I remember Rober bashing him on Pillow Talk for being a bad parent. Robert has a lot of kids but apparently his previous girlfriends all say he is a good dad.

But all his other kids are in NY so do they just mean he pays support because he can’t be spending much time with them while driving an Uber in FL?

Edited by MrBuhBye
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, MrBuhBye said:

But all his other kids are in NY so do they just mean he pays support because he can’t be spending much time with them while driving an Uber in FL?

No idea and I thought the same thing. They said he ‘spends as much time with his kids as he can. ´ The fact that they came to his défense when people shit talked him surprised me. I heard Bryson ‘s mom is in jail, she was also arrested for assaulting Robert. By the sounds of it he did well in picking Anny. Who knows with any of these people 🤷‍♀️

• Like 5
13 hours ago, MrBuhBye said:

Never mind he’s from Samoa not American Samoa.

But I recall there’s some connection to American Samoa. Doesn’t his mother and/or sister live there?

Edited by magemaud
  • Useful 1
14 hours ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

Unless he has citizenship, he can't leave the U.S. without permission for a certain amount of time without losing his visa.  

Where did you get that information from?

I'm not a US citizen (I have a green card) and I've left the country many times in the last 15 years without anyone's permission ever, and walked back in on my return. I even get to enter through the citizens only line without being one. The biggest question I've been asked numerous times is why I haven't become a U.S. citizen but never have I been asked anything when leaving the country.

A green card holder has to spend at least 6 months a year in the US or lose the green card, that's the only restriction.

Maybe you're getting one mixed up with the other?

• Useful 1

At one time when K & A were having issues, it was posted that the only way Kalani's dad Low, could get the sponsorship cancelled was for Asuelu to become a U.S. citizen, or put in 10 years (40 quarters) of social security payments, or die, or leave the country for a year.    Wouldn't that cancel his visa and green card?   

So if Asuelu thinks condoms are for slut people, then since he was boinking Kalani as a tourist in Samoa, and apparently others after they married, I wonder how many other kids he has?   

I doubt Asuelu was very picky about his other tourist girlfriends, or locals, so there are a lot of possibilities for other kids. Or as sainte-chapelle pointed out, diseases. 

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Like 2
  • Wink 2
On 8/22/2023 at 4:59 PM, CrazyInAlabama said:

So if Asuelu thinks condoms are for slut people, then since he was boinking Kalani as a tourist in Samoa, and apparently others after they married, I wonder how many other kids he has?   

Or disease…so much disease 

• Like 1
  • Useful 3

About Lo (his father-in-law, and Kalani's dad), he sponsored Asuelu, and the first period was for 10 years, if Asuelu went on public assistance.     However, after a divorce, the obligation is for life unless a condition of ending the sponsorship happens.   The conditions are: if Asuelu leaves the U.S. for a year, before becoming a citizen, his visa and anything to do with citizenship would be over. Or, Asuelu becomes a citizen of the U.S. Or, he works 40 quarters (10 years) and pays into social security, and I'm guessing Medicare.     Or Asuelu croaks.   

So, if he wanted to ve vindictive, Asuelu could sit on his fanny, refuse to work, and Lo would be on the hook for assistance received by Asuelu.   

I always had to laugh when Asuelu's greedy mother kept claimiing he should move back to Samoa (not U.S. territory), and live a simple life.    The price of 'simple' housing is expensive, and I doubt anyone could live the way his awful mother claimed they could.   You don't see her moving back there and living cheap do you? 

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Thanks 2
3 hours ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

About Lo (his father-in-law, and Kalani's dad), he sponsored Asuelu, and the first period was for 10 years, if Asuelu went on public assistance.     However, after a divorce, the obligation is for life unless a condition of ending the sponsorship happens.   The conditions are: if Asuelu leaves the U.S. for a year, before becoming a citizen, his visa and anything to do with citizenship would be over. Or, Asuelu becomes a citizen of the U.S. Or, he works 40 quarters (10 years) and pays into social security, and I'm guessing Medicare.     Or Asuelu croaks.   

So, if he wanted to ve vindictive, Asuelu could sit on his fanny, refuse to work, and Lo would be on the hook for assistance received by Asuelu.   

Yeah but public assistance amounts are pretty low so his standard of living would not be good.  

• Like 1

I think Asuelu is a bad husband, and although I think Kalani is the queen of making poor decisions, I get how she dug herself further and further in a hole with this dude. 

She grew up in a culture that said she wasn’t supposed to have any sexual experiences until marriage, she waited and waited and thought with her clitoris and not her brain when she went on vacation at 28 (likely when her peers were married at 21/22) and finally had someone she wanted to be with, and became pregnant (again, because she didn’t use protection, probably because she didn’t expect to have sex and was thinking with her clitoris). She didn’t want to be a single mother so she agreed to bring him over and marry him. She continued to make poor choices and conceived another child (making her further intwined with this man child), and she’s trying to make her marriage work because of a sunk cost fallacy. 

I am sure she loves her sons, but always take condoms on your vacation ladies. Do NOT hookup with any men on vacation without protection. A vacation hookup rarely turns out to be a good husband. 

• Like 6
2 hours ago, Scarlett45 said:

I think Asuelu is a bad husband, and although I think Kalani is the queen of making poor decisions, I get how she dug herself further and further in a hole with this dude. 

She grew up in a culture that said she wasn’t supposed to have any sexual experiences until marriage, she waited and waited and thought with her clitoris and not her brain when she went on vacation at 28 (likely when her peers were married at 21/22) and finally had someone she wanted to be with, and became pregnant (again, because she didn’t use protection, probably because she didn’t expect to have sex and was thinking with her clitoris). She didn’t want to be a single mother so she agreed to bring him over and marry him. She continued to make poor choices and conceived another child (making her further intwined with this man child), and she’s trying to make her marriage work because of a sunk cost fallacy. 

I am sure she loves her sons, but always take condoms on your vacation ladies. Do NOT hookup with any men on vacation without protection. A vacation hookup rarely turns out to be a good husband. 

I bet the sex wasn’t even good.

• Applause 4
32 minutes ago, MrBuhBye said:

I bet the sex wasn’t even good.

Of course it wasn’t. 

Again- I’m sure she loves her sons, but it’s likely she’s finally fed up with him and his behavior. We aren’t surprised at all, but hindsight is 20/20. 

• Like 4
On 8/28/2023 at 1:02 PM, Scarlett45 said:

Of course it wasn’t. 

Again- I’m sure she loves her sons, but it’s likely she’s finally fed up with him and his behavior. We aren’t surprised at all, but hindsight is 20/20. 

Now that's she's had that "Hall Pass", she knows it wasn't too.