Type keyword(s) to search

Kalani & Asuelu: Cheeto Dust and Slut People

• Start Topic

I thought the lunging by the sister at Kalani was how she really feels.  I really hoped Mama A would let Tammy go, and Kalani would push her right over the railing.     Followed by despicable Mama A.   

The mother and sister may claim they're acting, and it's all for the show, but I'm not believing that for a second.   Kalani should give him an airline ticket to Samoa, and divorce him.    

I bet they're all prohibited from posting the real situation on social media, and I wouldn't be surprised if someone is posting for Family Asuelu.    

If Asuelu's family is acting, they should get an Emmy award.   

I loved the Pillow Talk reactions to the attempted beat down.  

Somewhere on the show, last week I think, someone said Asuelu was the youngest son.  

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • LOL 2
  • Love 6
10 hours ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

I thought the lunging by the sister at Kalani was how she really feels.  I really hoped Mama A would let Tammy go, and Kalani would push her right over the railing.     Followed by despicable Mama A.   

The mother and sister may claim they're acting, and it's all for the show, but I'm not believing that for a second.   Kalani should give him an airline ticket to Samoa, and divorce him.    

I bet they're all prohibited from posting the real situation on social media, and I wouldn't be surprised if someone is posting for Family Asuelu.    

If Asuelu's family is acting, they should get an Emmy award.   

I loved the Pillow Talk reactions to the attempted beat down.  

If his family is acting then they're still despicable. No amount of money or screen time in the world would be enough to make me say I didn't care about my kids (or grandkids).

• Love 19
10 hours ago, mamadrama said:

If his family is acting then they're still despicable. No amount of money or screen time in the world would be enough to make me say I didn't care about my kids (or grandkids).

So they are  claiming it's fake for money ?

Colt sold his dignity to appear in a speedo. How much did these yahoo's decide was the price to sell their dignity?

• Love 9

I found it revealing that Tammy only lunged after Kalani as Kalani was walking away.  Yep-trying a total blindside.  Probably because she knew that if Kalani knew Tammy was coming after her, Tammy would end up in the water or on the ground.  Want to clarify that I don't condone violence, but if someone is going after someone else, that person has every right to defend his/her self.  And, I would have totally supported Kalani showing Tammy just who was in charge.

• Love 13
22 hours ago, greekmom said:

So they are  claiming it's fake for money ?

Colt sold his dignity to appear in a speedo. How much did these yahoo's decide was the price to sell their dignity?

They haven't spoken out about it at all. I was just hypothesizing given the fact that so much of what we're seeing right now across the board isn't reality. 

Aseulu and his mom have been posting recent TikToks of them laughing and dancing together, though, and they were taken post covid. So they've gotten together at least once more after these scenes. 

• Love 4
21 hours ago, MrBuhBye said:

The larger person doesn’t always win a fight.  Some people have technique, some people are more ruthless once it starts.  Just sayin’.

Agreed but I still think Kalani would have flicked Tammy off of her like a mosquito.

• LOL 3
  • Love 13

Posted by one of Asuelu's family members in Samoa. Four slides

A few days ago there was a post by one of his family members with a screencap from a tabloid that said Kalani and Asuelu are millionaires due to their appearance on this show. It was one of those sites where they pull the amounts out of Robert's their asses based on figures like the couples make $25k an episode. Jon & Kate didn't make that much an episode when they were in their prime, no one on any of these TLC shows do, and outrageous amounts been alleged for all of them. Their money does come from the clickbait and endorsements, but it's still no where near what is alleged. It's part of the reason they are all going to OnlyFans, and people expect to see things. Deavan's making her OnlyFans subscribers pissed that they are getting swimsuit photos for their $15 bucks.

Also, apparently Kalani has discussed that the family is getting greedier with their demands, and I believe it, especially if they really believe they are millionaires from being on this show.

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
58 minutes ago, MrBuhBye said:

Although these people are not at her level of celebrity, Bella Thorne made two million dollars in less than a week on OnlyFans.  Lots of people are willing to pay hoping to see skin I guess.

Seems to have worked for Stephanie, who has an illness, by the way. Did you know she has an illness?

• LOL 15
  • Love 1
5 hours ago, MrBuhBye said:

Although these people are not at her level of celebrity, Bella Thorne made two million dollars in less than a week on OnlyFans.  Lots of people are willing to pay hoping to see skin I guess.

I'm old. I had to look up Bella Thorne. 

• LOL 7
  • Love 3

OK, I just read on another forum that Asuelu's two older half sisters (the two on the show) are Mommy A.'s kids, and the girls are American Samoan.    Then, Asuelu, and 5 to 7 siblings are the second marriage, or relationship, and from Samoa, so they need visas to the U.S.   The father lives in Samoa too.   Mama A. has a green card and lives with the daughter in Washington State, but goes to Samoa fairly often.  Because of the green card rules, I think the mother has to be in the U.S. 6 months of the year, but I'm not sure.

However, I know Asuelu said a half-sister lives in Utah, so I don't know if that's one of the sisters at the Washington house that night or not.  

There is no way any of family Asuelu didn't know what goats are.   There are goats raised by a lot of people in Samoa, and American Samoa.  So that 'what is this', and 'can I eat it' stuff was garbage.   

• Love 2

Kalani doesn't seem to want to learn about Samoa, so why would she tell others to research it?  In this episode she even asked her mother if she had issues with her father due to his being Samoan.  Look it up Kalani, instead of ragging on the viewers who are responding to what YOU are showing us, spend some time and do some research.  It's only 5 letters...

• Love 3
1 hour ago, RealReality said:

There was a guy from Samoa on project runway and he was far far far sharper than asuelo so I don't think it's language and culture.  

My country of origin, just like any other just has some people who are dimwitted and slow...just like Samoa and just like America and just like every other country on the face of the earth.  There is nothing about the Samoan culture that inherently makes people come off slow.  

We have been introduced to many participants and family members who speak a different language and come from a culture that values a more simple way of life or where education isn't as valuable.  

Not a single one of them have come off as dim witted and slow as asuelu.  <snip>

44 minutes ago, Boo Boo said:

As I said before:  Asuelo is just dumb.  His face even screams "DUH."  There's nothing that screams to me "It's just cultural."  English is Andrei's second language.  He doesn't seem dumb.  Karinine as well.

Asuelo is just dumb.  

Kolini Says Brother-In-Law Is “Not Slow”

"The 90 Day Fiance from Samoa was also criticized for the way he speaks. Many said that Asuelu Pulaa talks relatively slow for someone his age. However, Kolini Faagata reiterates that Asuelu is not slow. She claims his brother-in-law actually speaks at a normal pace in person, both in the English and Samoan language.

'He’s not slow. The way he speaks in interviews isn’t the way you’d hear him speak in person or the way you’d hear him speak Samoan,' Kolini revealed."

'90 Day Fiance' fan accuses Asuelu of having autism.

"Following Asuelu's behavior during the tell-all special, an Instagram user reportedly commented on Kalani's sister Kolini's posts. 'This is not meant to be [mean] spirited, but there’s an elephant in the room, a lot of people are saying that Asuelu’s behavior shows signs of autism or some sort of delay or disorder, are you aware of him having Asperger’s syndrome or being someplace on the autism spectrum?' the person wrote.

Additionally, the fan wrote, 'So many people are commenting that his behavior mimics that of those who do have such disorders. He doesn’t even understand the simple things such as spending money to help with the baby while he is in Samoa, he doesn’t understand things other people just see as second nature and know naturally. He struggles and it shows in his blank stares and reactions to certain situations.'

Adding, 'Just wondering if he may be delayed...[...]'

Silencing the social media rumors that her sister's husband is on the spectrum, [Kolini] commented, 'My mom worked with autistic children for most of my life as a behaviorist. She instantly knows when someone is on the spectrum...[...]

She continued, 'I’ve spent plenty of time with Asuelu to know that he’s not autistic. He’s not slow.'...[...]"

Kalani came to her husband’s defense 

"Kalani, frustrated by the internet rumors, took to Instagram to explain her husband’s behavior and defend him from allegations of being 'slow.'

'It wouldn’t be logical for the people of Samoa to diagnose Americans as ‘mentally disabled’ or ‘autistic’ based on their inability to speak the Samoan language, as well as their inability to execute Samoan customs, right?' she began.

'So, why do so many of you feel comfortable assessing someone from a different country and culture, based on your American ideals of normalcy?'

Kalani made it clear that what viewers perceive as Asuelu being 'slow' is just him having difficulty adjusting to the English language and American culture. She made it clear that she doesn’t want any google-educated 'experts' to give her advice about her family."

We only see a couple hours, at most, of a year of 90 Day Fiance couple's lives. If the people who live with Asuelu and interact with him 24 hours a day say he's not 'slow' (which is just a more polite way of saying 'dumb') then I'll believe them. 

I do hope all the problems we see between Kalani and Asuelu are exaggerated through editing and producer interference. It would be horrible for Asuelu if it's not, and he has to live not only devoid of any support from Kalani, her family, and his own family, but also with the knowledge many viewers of 90 Day Fiance believe he's dim-witted, dumb, or slow. 

• Love 1
6 hours ago, TwirlyGirly said:

Kalani made it clear that what viewers perceive as Asuelu being 'slow' is just him having difficulty adjusting to the English language and American culture. She made it clear that she doesn’t want any google-educated 'experts' to give her advice about her family

If you don’t want to hear any criticism or comments about you or your family, don’t be on a reality tv show. How many seasons now has it been, Kalani, that you’ve reappeared on the show and collected your paycheck?  No one if forcing you to drag your family through this. You’re not a victim. Sorry to break that news to you.

• Useful 1
  • Love 17
5 minutes ago, Auntie Anxiety said:

If you don’t want to hear any criticism or comments about you or your family, don’t be on a reality tv show. How many seasons now has it been, Kalani, that you’ve reappeared on the show and collected your paycheck?  No one if forcing you to drag your family through this. You’re not a victim. Sorry to break that news to you.

I remember during the first season she claimed that they were victims of a bad edit and wouldn’t be returning lol.

• LOL 1
  • Love 7
On 8/31/2020 at 5:38 PM, TwirlyGirly said:

Kolini Says Brother-In-Law Is “Not Slow”

"The 90 Day Fiance from Samoa was also criticized for the way he speaks. Many said that Asuelu Pulaa talks relatively slow for someone his age. However, Kolini Faagata reiterates that Asuelu is not slow. She claims his brother-in-law actually speaks at a normal pace in person, both in the English and Samoan language.

'He’s not slow. The way he speaks in interviews isn’t the way you’d hear him speak in person or the way you’d hear him speak Samoan,' Kolini revealed."

'90 Day Fiance' fan accuses Asuelu of having autism.

"Following Asuelu's behavior during the tell-all special, an Instagram user reportedly commented on Kalani's sister Kolini's posts. 'This is not meant to be [mean] spirited, but there’s an elephant in the room, a lot of people are saying that Asuelu’s behavior shows signs of autism or some sort of delay or disorder, are you aware of him having Asperger’s syndrome or being someplace on the autism spectrum?' the person wrote.

Additionally, the fan wrote, 'So many people are commenting that his behavior mimics that of those who do have such disorders. He doesn’t even understand the simple things such as spending money to help with the baby while he is in Samoa, he doesn’t understand things other people just see as second nature and know naturally. He struggles and it shows in his blank stares and reactions to certain situations.'

Adding, 'Just wondering if he may be delayed...[...]'

Silencing the social media rumors that her sister's husband is on the spectrum, [Kolini] commented, 'My mom worked with autistic children for most of my life as a behaviorist. She instantly knows when someone is on the spectrum...[...]

She continued, 'I’ve spent plenty of time with Asuelu to know that he’s not autistic. He’s not slow.'...[...]"

Kalani came to her husband’s defense 

"Kalani, frustrated by the internet rumors, took to Instagram to explain her husband’s behavior and defend him from allegations of being 'slow.'

'It wouldn’t be logical for the people of Samoa to diagnose Americans as ‘mentally disabled’ or ‘autistic’ based on their inability to speak the Samoan language, as well as their inability to execute Samoan customs, right?' she began.

'So, why do so many of you feel comfortable assessing someone from a different country and culture, based on your American ideals of normalcy?'

Kalani made it clear that what viewers perceive as Asuelu being 'slow' is just him having difficulty adjusting to the English language and American culture. She made it clear that she doesn’t want any google-educated 'experts' to give her advice about her family."

e otWe only see a couple hours, at most, of a year of 90 Day Fiance couple's lives. If the people who live with Asuelu and interact with him 24 hours a day say he's not 'slow' (which is just a more polite way of saying 'dumb') then I'll believe them. 

I do hope all the problems we see between Kalani and Asuelu are exaggerated through editing and producer interference. It would be horrible for Asuelu if it's not, and he has to live not only devoid of any support from Kalani, her family, and his own family, but also with the knowledge many viewers of 90 Day Fiance believe he's dim-witted, dumb, or slow. 

I've yet to hear anything that makes him sound intelligent.  Whereas other 90 dayers who come from totally different cultures, speak less English than him, never sound as dumb.

His words, his actions are that of someone who is extremely immature and stupid.  If there's a groundswell of "he's slow, dumb," online, it's because we're seeing it.  I do not believe it's a bad edit.

Edited by Boo Boo
  • Love 8

@christina, thanks for that post from Kalani.  I hadn’t seen it previously.  So if it costs $20 to feed a Samoan family for a month, why does Asuelu need to give his mom $1,000 a month?  Sounds like that $100 check was perfect, even if she gives half of it to the church.  Mom Asuelu is old enough that most of her kids must be of working age and don’t need her to support them anyway.  I’m still hung up on this money thing.  
ps.  How many times does Asuelu get to walk out of the house and disappear for extended periods of time?  Kalani said she wasn’t sure if he was coming back in the morning - who does that?  You have babies at home, you idiot!  So maybe, maybe he’s not mentally challenged. But that makes his bad behavior even more unforgivable.  You can’t leave unless she tells you to get out, loser!

• Useful 1
  • Love 11
17 hours ago, TwirlyGirly said:

he's dim-witted, dumb, or slow. 

Maybe the pushback, from what we see, is Kalani saving face for getting involved with this guy in the first place. Have not seen anything that would help me understand what would be attractive or interesting about Asuelu. At least Tarzan was physically appealing.

• Love 13

I’m not sure who Kalani is targeting with that rant but if $ 20 feeds a family for a month, why didn’t she mention that in their fight? lord.

also if you don’t want strangers commenting on you, shut down your social media and get off the damn show. But then you’d have to find another way to support yourself.

• Useful 1
  • Love 15
6 hours ago, Colfrmb said:

@christina, thanks for that post from Kalani.  I hadn’t seen it previously.  So if it costs $20 to feed a Samoan family for a month, why does Asuelu need to give his mom $1,000 a month?  Sounds like that $100 check was perfect, even if she gives half of it to the church.  Mom Asuelu is old enough that most of her kids must be of working age and don’t need her to support them anyway.  I’m still hung up on this money thing.  
ps.  How many times does Asuelu get to walk out of the house and disappear for extended periods of time?  Kalani said she wasn’t sure if he was coming back in the morning - who does that?  You have babies at home, you idiot!  So maybe, maybe he’s not mentally challenged. But that makes his bad behavior even more unforgivable.  You can’t leave unless she tells you to get out, loser!

He may not technically be what used to be called mentally r******* but he still could be low IQ.  As well as lacking emotional intelligence.

5 hours ago, itsadryheat said:

Maybe the pushback, from what we see, is Kalani saving face for getting involved with this guy in the first place. Have not seen anything that would help me understand what would be attractive or interesting about Asuelu. At least Tarzan was physically appealing.

Yeah it almost feels like those female teachers who get involved with teen male students.  Because that is where he seems to be arrested maturity wise.

Edited by MrBuhBye
  • Love 6
On 9/1/2020 at 10:07 AM, itsadryheat said:

He's slow af. She obviously had low standards. 

• Love 6
5 hours ago, Wollstonecraft said:

He's slow af. She obviously had low standards. 

I think that she was already 28 or 29, I think, and really wanted to have children.  I don't buy her story that they discussed losing her or their virginity to him or each other.   She loves being a mother, and she babies Asuelo, too. 

• Love 4
On 9/1/2020 at 12:41 PM, MrBuhBye said:

He may not technically be what used to be called mentally r******* but he still could be low IQ.  As well as lacking emotional intelligence.

Yeah it almost feels like those female teachers who get involved with teen male students.  Because that is where he seems to be arrested maturity wise.

Back in my social working days we officially called it "low functioning." 

I can't really grasp what he's doing. Sometimes I really do think there's something getting lost in translation. But then you gotta figure that some of this stuff really should transcend culture so...yeah.

• Love 1
On 8/27/2020 at 2:55 PM, AZChristian said:

I'm even older.  Couldn't be bothered.  LOL.

Me, either.  Never heard of her, didn't look her up.  But then there are so many people mentioned on this forum that I never heard of, actors, folk from other reality shows, whomever, that if I looked them all up, I wouldn't have time to read all the other comments.

• Love 5

So did Kalani, or Asuelu tell the therapist the way that Mother Asuelu. said that Kalani's family should support Kalani, and the kids, so all money could go to Mother Asuelu and her greedy relatives?    For me that would be a deal breaker.  When the grandmother said she didn't care if the little boys starved, then how do you have a relationship with that woman?    How are you supposed to have a good relationship with people like Family Asuelu without giving them every penny you have?     I can't wait for next week's show from the previews.  

I searched, and only found two male counselors in Utah, both were around Salt Lake City.    So the one they used, with the translator was as close at they could get in their area, or was the only one who would be on camera.  

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 3

This is for anyone confused by Kalani’s mother referring to the round pastries as “pancakes”.

Many Utahns are of Scandinavian extract and these are Danish pancakes known as “Aebelskivers” and are quite common in Utah. They are made with a batter with a high ratio of rising agents and baked in a custom pan to achieve the spherical shape. 

I was raised in Utah (but not a Mormon which is fairly rare) so ask me any questions about Kalani or Deavan, I can tell you if it’s a cultural thing (or just a weird thing!)

066A4467-6AB3-4ADC-BF33-E80F9409614E.jpeg

Edited by GrammyPammy
  • Useful 1
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, GrammyPammy said:

Many Utahns are of Scandinavian extract and these are Danish pancakes known as “Aebelskivers”

In Minneapolis there is a Danish-American Center where they advertise a "Danish Pancakes" breakfast on Sundays during certain months of the year.

• Love 1
15 minutes ago, Jeanne222 said:

I couldn't take my eyes off of Kulanis breasts.  They were barely covered in that trip to the therapist!  She threw some hair over them when they started to call out of the dress!

I think in the live chat, I expected an imminent wardrobe malfunction.

Edited by Auntie Anxiety
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Auntie Anxiety said:

Is Kalanic still breastfeeding both Nixon AND Eisenhower? Isn’t Nixon at least 2yo now?

I’m sure the older kid also gets solid food and breastfeeding is either for comfort or supplemental nutrition. Nothing wrong with either...

14 hours ago, Auntie Anxiety said:

I think in the live chat, I expected an imminent wardrobe malfunction.

Why doesn't she just buy tops or dresses that cover her tits? and her long hair bothers me...

• Love 9
13 hours ago, Dahlia said:

She’s so huge finding clothes to fit is likely impossible. Maybe stop the carbs. Her mother is oversized too. Pancakes? Good grief

There are many people a LOT bigger than she is, the clothes are available out there.  She obviously loves  her body the way it is since she purposely dresses to display it.  I had that thought about the pancakes too, my first reaction was "neither of you need to be eating those" but that's just me projecting my own weight issues.  

• Love 13