Type keyword(s) to search

Kalani & Asuelu: Cheeto Dust and Slut People

• Start Topic

Not sure if anyone has posted this thought before. But, I'm pretty sure Kalani's pregnancy was planned. She figured out she was pregnant pretty early into the pregnancy and at her scan the doctor said she was 5 weeks. Doesn't that mean she was only a week late. I know you can test a few days before your period is due so I think she was hoping for the "plus sign". I'm also wondering how they managed to get a doctor's appointment for a scan and permission to film if "I'm pregnant again" wasn't part of the storyline. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 5

Her mom "instantly" knowing if someone is on the spectrum is total BS.

I'm a licensed psychologist who happens to conduct evaluations to determine disabilities such as autism... in other words, I TEST for autism which means I don't diagnose it instantly.

• Love 13
1 hour ago, watchingtvaddict said:

She figured out she was pregnant pretty early into the pregnancy and at her scan the doctor said she was 5 weeks. Doesn't that mean she was only a week late. 

Women usually ovulate halfway between periods.  So if she was 5 weeks pregnant, she'd have been 3 weeks late with her period.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, AZChristian said:

Women usually ovulate halfway between periods.  So if she was 5 weeks pregnant, she'd have been 3 weeks late with her period.

Right but most places date the pregnancy from the date of your last period. So, the first two weeks of pregnancy you aren't actually pregnant. Unless it's different in the States? Either way I think she planned the pregnancy. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
9 hours ago, watchingtvaddict said:

Right but most places date the pregnancy from the date of your last period. So, the first two weeks of pregnancy you aren't actually pregnant. Unless it's different in the States? Either way I think she planned the pregnancy. 

It's been over 51 years since my last pregnancy, so what you're saying about how they now date pregnancies is correct.  You ARE actually pregnant during the first two weeks, but the counting process has apparently changed since "my time."  We never went with "weeks" . . . we stuck with "months."  

Your explanation makes it understandable why I've seen women on TV say, "I'm ____ weeks and _____ days pregnant."  That always confused me before, since I couldn't figure out how they knew what exact day they ovulated.  They were actually talking about counting from the first day of their last period.

Thanks!

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
On 1/23/2019 at 8:46 AM, AZChristian said:

It's been over 51 years since my last pregnancy, so what you're saying about how they now date pregnancies is correct.  You ARE actually pregnant during the first two weeks, but the counting process has apparently changed since "my time."  We never went with "weeks" . . . we stuck with "months."  

Your explanation makes it understandable why I've seen women on TV say, "I'm ____ weeks and _____ days pregnant."  That always confused me before, since I couldn't figure out how they knew what exact day they ovulated.  They were actually talking about counting from the first day of their last period.

Thanks!

Medically, pregancies have always been counted in weeks (not months), and yes the clock begins the first day of your last menstral period. If a woman is 5 weeks pregnant her last menstrual period began 5 weeks ago. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
7 hours ago, Scarlett45 said:

Medically, pregancies have always been counted in weeks (not months), and yes the clock begins the first day of your last menstral period. If a woman is 5 weeks pregnant her last menstrual period began 5 weeks ago. 

I had no idea!!!! I thought they figured that out by fetus size and functions. and that they calculated it from conception.

• Love 2
4 hours ago, pollywood said:

I had no idea!!!! I thought they figured that out by fetus size and functions. and that they calculated it from conception.

Honestly, I did too.  I had no idea that is how they figured it out but, in my defense, I am pregnant now for the first time and I had to do IVF so my last menstrual cycle isn't going to tell you anything. 

• Love 11

Kalini had her baby yesterday. A boy named Kennedy. 

I hope that Asuelu will go get a job now. he said he is legal to do so and there are so many jobs where he lives, he should have no issue finding a high paying job with a day. 

• Love 4

I need to spend like ten hours getting caught up in this forum. Damn, so much comments. So much not readed.

It took awhile to find this thread because I was looking for the wrong name. This is from Kalani's sister, Kolini, and I thought it was worth posting:

The link is showing the post sometimes and not others. Here is the screenshot on Imgur
Edited by Christina
Fixed link
7 hours ago, Christina said:

The link isn't showing well. I updated it with a link to imgur. She was discussing mental health.

Thanks for sharing that, I wonder why she took it down though?

On a more public note, I'm encouraged that so many are coming out and talking about mental health, it's so important.

Edited by gingerella
18 hours ago, mmecorday said:

I'm new to the "90-Day" phenomenon (yeah, where have I been?) and these two are my favorite couple on "Pillow Talk."

I have been watching for a long time. I didn't particularly care for them on the original 90 day part but seeing them now on Pillow Talk- I have a new found appreciation for them. She in particular is really funny and really sharp.

• Love 4
5 hours ago, mayvenne said:

I have been watching for a long time. I didn't particularly care for them on the original 90 day part but seeing them now on Pillow Talk- I have a new found appreciation for them. She in particular is really funny and really sharp.

Me too. I don't routinely watch Pillow Talk but I usually catch the last few minutes en route to another show. I think they seem genuinely fond of one another and they are funny.

• Love 5
(edited)

I could not tolerate this couple during their introduction season and I can't stand them on Pillow Talk either.  I think their dysfunction speaks for itself.  As much as Aseuli annoys me, Kalani annoys me more.  I still doubt the young man's competence and wonder why a grown woman went in knowing that.  I feel for the baby, but, have no sympathy for Kalani.  She seemed to be an okay as a person, so, I don't get why she took advantage of a young man who was so ill equipped to function as an adult.  It was very creepy.  The young man still has no idea what's going on. 

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • Love 9
3 minutes ago, SunnyBeBe said:

I could not tolerate this couple during their introduction season and I can't stand them on Pillow Talk either.  I think their dysfunction speaks for itself.  As much as Aseuli annoys me, Kalani annoys me more.  I still doubt the young man's competence and wonder why a grown woman went in knowing that.  I feel for the baby, but, have no sympathy for Kalani.  She seemed to be an okay as a person, so, I don't get why she took advantage of a young man who was so ill equipped to function as an adult.  It was very creepy.  The young man still has no idea what's going on. 

Right?  How can that even be attractive or sexy?  I'm kinda surprised he was able to figure out how sex works and where everything goes. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 6
10 minutes ago, SunnyBeBe said:

And adult woman with a manchild.  Reminds me of Tori and Zach on LPBW.

• Love 5
(edited)
4 minutes ago, MrBuhBye said:

And adult woman with a manchild.  Reminds me of Tori and Zach on LPBW.

To me, it's worse than that, but, I get your point. With Asuelo, you wonder if he will ever mature. IDK, it's not a good situation.  I can't even lighten up for them when they are joking, because, it seems so lopsided. 

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, mayvenne said:

Wait did I miss something? Are they on air again that this thread has come back to life? I don't recall seeing them for a few months at least. 

What did I miss???????????

They appear on Pillow Talk.  There's a thread for it as an offshoot from other 90 Day shows. It comes on weekly and has former cast members sit in bed or on a couch and watch current 90 Day shows and give their reaction....yeah...weird. A show about watching a show.  It can be pretty amusing at times though.  I'm not impressed with some of the couples, including this one.  I think they are scheduled on something else too. There are so many versions of 90 Day that I get confused. 

• Love 1

Hey listen I am a total addict and I do watch Pillow Talk (and all the shows. hanging my head in shame)... I had seen them (K and A) on pillow talk a while ago but not recently. Maybe I dozed off? Will have to look again at on demand because if I missed such brilliance, I will really be missing out . I need to rectify!

The one I saw with them, they actually seemed to be getting along pretty well and he did not seem so special needs. (that's why I am thinking I missed something VERY recently).

• Love 3
1 hour ago, MrBuhBye said:

Yeah they are on the new season of HEA with Libby/Andrei, Pole/Karine, Tania/Syngin (ugh) and Angela/Michael.

I don’t think I will be enjoying this season, not much to like here 😔😐🙄

• Love 3
3 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

I did see them recently on PT, but, maybe it was an old show.  I wasn't aware that they ran reruns on this though.  Hmm....

I think all seasons are available on demand at the app or website.

2 hours ago, endure said:

I don’t think I will be enjoying this season, not much to like here 😔😐🙄

Hopefully some good couples on The Other Way.

• Love 1
On 5/21/2020 at 3:44 PM, SunnyBeBe said:

They appear on Pillow Talk.  There's a thread for it as an offshoot from other 90 Day shows. It comes on weekly and has former cast members sit in bed or on a couch and watch current 90 Day shows and give their reaction....yeah...weird. A show about watching a show.  It can be pretty amusing at times though.  I'm not impressed with some of the couples, including this one.  I think they are scheduled on something else too. There are so many versions of 90 Day that I get confused. 

When she bitches about having ANOTHER pregnancy I want to slap the shit out of her and yell in her face, BITCH USE A MOTHERFUCKING CONDOM! Those two should not be reproducing their gene pool, I'm sorry, there's just waaay too much stupid between the two of them. We don't need more stupid in this country right now, we're full up thankyouverymuch.

• Love 9
1 minute ago, gingerella said:

When she bitches about having ANOTHER pregnancy I want to slap the shit out of her and yell in her face, BITCH USE A MOTHERFUCKING CONDOM! Those two should not be reproducing their gene pool, I'm sorry, there's just waaay too much stupid between the two of them. We don't need more stupid in this country right now, we're full up thankyouverymuch.

If BGL moves to Nigeria we will be down one.  And if Nicole doesn’t return from Morocco we will be down two!

• LOL 8
  • Love 2
2 minutes ago, MrBuhBye said:

If BGL moves to Nigeria we will be down one.  And if Nicole doesn’t return from Morocco we will be down two!

Wow, thanks for helping me see the bright side of life right now!

• LOL 5
  • Love 3

I didn't watch their season and only know them through Pillow Talk. Can someone give me the TL: DR version of them on their season? Cause I kind of like them on PT, but I know that can be deceiving. 

(edited)

Her dad’s family is from Samoa and when they were visiting on vacation there she got knocked up by Asuelu (a local who worked at the resort) because he thinks condoms are for slut people.  Most of their season was about him being uncomfortable in the U.S. compared to the slower way of life back home.  Also although her dad was born in Samoa he thinks Samoan men are lazy trash and wanted her to marry a white man.  She and her sister have weird fights where they needle each other a la Stacey and Darcey.  Her mother is a white Mormon which is why they are living in the summer house in Utah.  When the original season began she lived in Southern California.

Edited by MrBuhBye
  • Useful 5
  • Love 2
On 5/21/2020 at 3:44 PM, SunnyBeBe said:

I don't watch pillow talk, but how is watching a half-witted man's hottakes going to be a hit?

• Love 1
17 minutes ago, RealReality said:

I don't watch pillow talk, but how is watching a half-witted man's hottakes going to be a hit?

Honestly? I enjoy Pillow Talk more. My only complaint is that it doesn't cover the entire episode. 

• Love 6
On 5/21/2020 at 1:17 PM, SunnyBeBe said:

Sweet baby jeebus, thanks for this post.  I feel validated.

Dude has ZERO light in his eyes.  It's like the wheel is spinning but that hamster is not just dead, it's heading for rigor mortis.  

I've always cringed watching Kalani interact with him.  I've always wondered what gratification she can get from someone like Asuelo besides sex.  I fail to see how there can be even a modicum of intellectual gratification.  I realize he's a grown-assed man, but I question his intellect and thus his decision-making abilities.  

I sometimes feel like Adult Protective Services should take a look at the Family Kalani situation.  I find this dynamic far creepier than Ed/Rose or David/Lana or any other pairing.  

*shudder*

• Love 7
16 hours ago, MrBuhBye said:

And Laura if she can't get back into Canada or America.  #winning

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
52 minutes ago, Persnickety1 said:

I sometimes feel like Adult Protective Services should take a look at the Family Kalani situation.  I find this dynamic far creepier than Ed/Rose or David/Lana or any other pairing.  

I think APS is already stretched thin investigating disabled people whose checks are being taken by others, while the disabled person lives in squalor . . . and other equally dangerous situations.

APS doesn't care about a young man who is living in a very nice house, obviously eating well and having sex with his legal wife.  Now, if he was covered in bruises, that would be a different story.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, Persnickety1 said:

Sweet baby jeebus, thanks for this post.  I feel validated.

Dude has ZERO light in his eyes.  It's like the wheel is spinning but that hamster is not just dead, it's heading for rigor mortis.  

I've always cringed watching Kalani interact with him.  I've always wondered what gratification she can get from someone like Asuelo besides sex.  I fail to see how there can be even a modicum of intellectual gratification.  I realize he's a grown-assed man, but I question his intellect and thus his decision-making abilities.  

*shudder*

I agree completely.  Apparently, we’ll see more of them soon:(

• Love 1
13 hours ago, MrBuhBye said:

Her dad’s family is from Samoa and when they were visiting on vacation there she got knocked up by Asuelu (a local who worked at the resort) because he thinks condoms are for slut people.  Most of their season was about him being uncomfortable in the U.S. compared to the slower way of life back home.  Also although her dad was born in Samoa he thinks Samoan men are lazy trash and wanted her to marry a white man.  She and her sister have weird fights where they needle each other a la Stacey and Darcey.  Her mother is a white Mormon which is why they are living in the summer house in Utah.  When the original season began she lived in Southern California.

Kalani's dad was an asshole on the show. He always put on this tough guy, pissed off face and told Asuelu and the cameras that if he stepped out of line in any way, the father would not be happy. The implication was that he would beat up Asuelu, or that is what he wanted people to think. Instead, he came off looking like an ass. A grown man with grown daughters who are of marriage age acting like lout as if people would be enamored of his protection for his daughter. Meanwhile, his daughter is a bitch who treats her husband like a child and since he is mostly a child anyway, it makes it all worse. She was afraid to tell her father that she was preggo again because of what he would think/do to Asuelu, as if she had nothing to do with it. I could not stand the father. The whole family was weird. I don't watch Pillow Talk because I think all these couples couches/cams whatever shows are all about putting on an act and trying to come up with taglines and whatever rather than their true reaction to what's going on. Some of the people in the commercial for the Pillow Talk show come across as too dramatic so I can't be bothered with that.

• Love 7
8 minutes ago, configdotsys said:

Kalani's dad was an asshole on the show. He always put on this tough guy, pissed off face and told Asuelu and the cameras that if he stepped out of line in any way, the father would not be happy. The implication was that he would beat up Asuelu, or that is what he wanted people to think. Instead, he came off looking like an ass. A grown man with grown daughters who are of marriage age acting like lout as if people would be enamored of his protection for his daughter. Meanwhile, his daughter is a bitch who treats her husband like a child and since he is mostly a child anyway, it makes it all worse. She was afraid to tell her father that she was preggo again because of what he would think/do to Asuelu, as if she had nothing to do with it. I could not stand the father. The whole family was weird. I don't watch Pillow Talk because I think all these couples couches/cams whatever shows are all about putting on an act and trying to come up with taglines and whatever rather than their true reaction to what's going on. Some of the people in the commercial for the Pillow Talk show come across as too dramatic so I can't be bothered with that.

Yeah, personally, I enjoy the discussion and reactions on this site so much more than I think I'd enjoy pillow talk. 

And while people like anny, she always left a really bad taste in my mouth during that reunion with anfisa and in her judgmental reaction to David's daughter having kids out of wedlock.  

• Love 1
14 hours ago, MrBuhBye said:

Funny how Ansuelu doesn't consider himself or Kalini slut people when all their relationship equated to was a casual vacation f$ck. if she didn't get pregnant they never would have seen each other again. I still don't see the love.

• Love 10