Type keyword(s) to search

Season 6 Discussion

Drogo
  • Start Topic

Kalani’s family is starting to remind me of Chantel's.  I felt sorry for Asuelu; he seemed on the verge of tears. I am sure this wasn’t the welcome he expected.  

Ashley is in for a world of hurt with Jay.  I don't believe he is ready to be anyone's husband.  

If Leida is as wealthy as she claims, then why weren’t they staying at a hotel in Midtown Manhattan instead of Nowhere, Pennsylvania?

Edited by Adeejay
  • Love 23
26 minutes ago, Major Bigtime said:

Jamaican guy and the blonde, I think they are the one couple that will be happy together.

He did seem kind of more mature this episode.  Color me surprised.

10 minutes ago, Frozendiva said:

Leida, why is your sister with you?

Leida's sister is my favorite person.  She knows her sister won't do well and she is right.

Since when is the "great American breakfast" a burrito?  Yuck!  When I think of a welcome breakfast I think of eggs, bacon, toast, different kinds of jams/jellies, pancakes or waffles, hot and cold cereals with fruit, fruit, different beverages,  a nice spread from savory to sweet.

Edited by jumper sage
  • Love 18
14 minutes ago, Adeejay said:

If Leida is as wealthy as she claims, then I am wondering why they are not staying at a hotel in Midtown Manhattan instead of Nowhere, Pennsylvania.  

They are staying in Nowhere because that’s all Doofus can afford.

• Love 10
6 minutes ago, Toaster Strudel said:

Come on Colt, be welcoming and make her feel special! I wonder how much he would have spent on red roses if Debbie was the one landing.

Exactly. Because red roses = romantic love.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, Adeejay said:

Kaulani's family is starting to remind me of Chantel's.  I feel sorry for Asuelu; he seems on the verge of tears. I am sure this isn't the welcome he expected.  

Ashley is in for a world of hurt with Jay.  I don't believe he is ready to be anyone's husband.  

If Leida is as wealthy as she claims, then I am wondering why they are not staying at a hotel in Midtown Manhattan instead of Nowhere, Pennsylvania.  

From what her sister said, Leida is a bitch on wheels when she doesn’t get what she wants. Her family is probably sick of her, and      let her go to the US with this guy and let him deal with her shit, once she gets a taste of life with an old man and little money, she might come home with a new attitude.

• Love 19

Oh boy I can’t even imagine a happily ever after for Colt with anyone except  Debbie.  So far he has disappointed his Brazilian fiance at every turn and it doesn’t look like she will be wrapping him around her little finger any time soon.  Even if she chose to go back to Brazil it’s not likely he would buy her a ticket.

Edited by endure
  • Love 6
13 minutes ago, Toaster Strudel said:

Fifth Runner Up & Isis Or Love?: urgh, I hate them both.

Leida's game plan appears to be to practice medicine in America but she has been teaching in Indonesia instead of practicing medicine after graduating (one wonders why) so I suspect the road to making a doctor's income is a very long one for her, and perhaps the biggest hurdle is that she doesn't have the personality for it. TLC mentioned on twitter that she can legally practice in Canada and the UK, so I can pretty much guarantee that she's lying about her credentials anyway, so I take her claims of "accomplishments" with a grain of salt.

They are rude, they didn't wait for Reina at the car, just walked away together, didn't help her as she lagged behind.

If these two nimrods can't pack luggage into a car without having a psychotic episode, imagine the nuclear meltdown if they're ever required to figure out how to cut steak and keep the juices in.

Leida was expecting to spend some exciting time in New York gazing upon Trump Tower but her pauper K1 sponsor is driving her to nondescript boon docks in Pennsylvania for discount accommodations with only 2 bedrooms and no staff attending their every whim. She says words to the effect of it being "okay" while making it abundantly clear through her tone and facial expressions that it's absolutely not okay.

Disappointment continues the next day as Eric neglects to serve her chicken porridge and proudly cooks instead some decidedly un-Indonesian breakfast burritos.

More disappointment follows as he nixes the possibility of getting a maid, and puts paid to any possibility that she might convince him with a little cooing and pouting.

Reina questions Leida at the table, in a way that suggests that Leida isn't known to be keen on taking care of her own son, so who will? "Me?" Leida asks, rather than answers, then announces that Eric will be helping! Sure. Good luck with that.

Next, Reina wonders aloud: "Leida is easy to get irritated and she becomes a really awful person, and she's annoying basically, I don't know if Eric knows that."

It appears that he knows, sort of. Eric scolds Leida: "You're picking fights with me because you're bored and other people are in your head" as he rudely cocks his head in her sister's direction to indicate that he thinks Leida's misbehavior all her sister's fault. "She can pack sand" he bitches, nastily.

Eric makes empty promises of providing for Leida and her son. This is a guy who needs his 19 yr daughter as a roommate so that half his rent and utilities be paid for, in order for him to be able to pay child support for her siblings.

Eric is cheap, domineering, and she's a psycho.

They're both despicable and for this reason I want their marriage to last forever. They're going to regret not picking that relatively sweet "fight ISIS" option.

The Universe, and karma, always win.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, Toaster Strudel said:

"I'm no CHRIST REDEEMER" he muttered angrily - which I'm pretty sure is mom's favorite expression.

He said "It's no Christ the Redeemer," the statue that stands above Rio, Brazil.

I did a aural double take at that a;so until Mr. Guilfoyle pointed out to me the name, which is not actually "giant statue over Rio" or "Giant St. Francis of Assisi Statue" as I think of it in my head.

• Love 15
3 minutes ago, guilfoyleatpp said:

He said "It's no Christ the Redeemer," the statue that stands above Rio, Brazil.

I did a aural double take at that a;so until Mr. Guilfoyle pointed out to me the name, which is not actually "giant statue over Rio" or "Giant St. Francis of Assisi Statue" as I think of it in my head.

Yes I realized that just now LOL.

That sign is really lame. That's what he decided he should show her?

• Love 4

Colt is a Dolt, Larissa is a thirsty basic bitch. She clearly failed Golddigger Academy.

Eric is a loser but like Dolt, he doesn’t give in. At. All. Leida has some sort of issues, OCD sure, but she seems like a toxic combo of what I like to call belligerent. A mix of bilgerence and ignorance. She has no idea what she’s getting into but she’s ready to sign on the dotted line? Also, in Indonesian culture it is extremely forbidden to engage in premarital sex. She has a kid, was she married before? If not, she’s got an illegitimate child, a tattoo, she seems to not work, and she is an entitled, demanding asshole, and we’ve only just met her. Something ain’t right. I think she has shamed her family and they just want to move her offshore, but if they could, they would keep her kid.

I feel bad for Fernanda. She should go home and have a nice life. Douchebro might be handsome to her, but he isn’t ready for a committed relationship.

Poor Asuelo. I personally think he’s gay and trying to make an acceptable t his family life for himself. But yeah, the gaydar was pinging off the hook with him. And Kalani was  a fucking bitch at LAX. If he embarrasses you with his culture then perhaps you ought not to have brought him home like a stray puppy because girrrrrl, you ain’t all that.

The Dickmeister of Montego is getting stale already. He thinks a cheap hotel room with a rose petal heart illustrates his “heavy sack”. What a douchenozzle.

No words for pale, unemployed loser who impregnated Russian girl. She should never have told him she was knocked up because I suspect being tied to him forever will become her biggest regret.  I did sort of dig his granny’s Dead-style tie dyed t-shirt.

Edited by gingerella
  • Love 19
25 minutes ago, gingerella said:

The Dickmeister of Montego is getting stale already. He thinks a cheap hotel room with a rose petal heart illustrates his “heavy sack”. What a douchenozzle.

According to my closed captions, he said to Ashley, "I'll be giving you the 'D' every night."

Do you think he means "Devotion?"

• Love 17

Samwa, samwa? I kept hearing that said in regard to Asuelo by Kalani & her Mum finally realizing it was Samoa lol.  I couldn’t imagine leaving there to move to the States and cannot see him being happy in the US.  I wonder if they are even in love or just the parents of the baby?

• Love 12

Blonde skateboarding baby-daddy reminds me of Jason from the good place without the good-heartedness.  He said he wanted to name the baby after his father and I was slightly surprised that he said "Ritchie" instead of "Donkey Doug".

Larissa's voice would make me nuts after about two seconds.  It's the level of whining that my daughter used to employ when she was five.  My daughter used to do dumb shit like whine at the store when she didn't get stupid trinkets, too.  I really thought most people grew out of that by the time they were eight or so.

Edited by MagicCat
  • Love 18
6 hours ago, Toaster Strudel said:

Fifth Runner Up & Isis Or Love?: urgh, I hate them both.

Leida's game plan appears to be to practice medicine in America but she has been teaching in Indonesia instead of practicing medicine after graduating (one wonders why) so I suspect the road to making a doctor's income is a very long one for her, and perhaps the biggest hurdle is that she doesn't have the personality for it. TLC mentioned on twitter that she can legally practice in Canada and the UK, so I can pretty much guarantee that she's lying about her credentials anyway, so I take her claims of "accomplishments" with a grain of salt.

They are rude, they didn't wait for Reina at the car, just walked away together, didn't help her as she lagged behind.

If these two nimrods can't pack luggage into a car without having a psychotic episode, imagine the nuclear meltdown if they're ever required to figure out how to cut steak and keep the juices in.

Leida was expecting to spend some exciting time in New York gazing upon Trump Tower but her pauper K1 sponsor is driving her to nondescript boon docks in Pennsylvania for discount accommodations with only 2 bedrooms and no staff attending their every whim. She says words to the effect of it being "okay" while making it abundantly clear through her tone and facial expressions that it's absolutely not okay.

Disappointment continues the next day as Eric neglects to serve her chicken porridge and proudly cooks instead some decidedly un-Indonesian breakfast burritos.

More disappointment follows as he nixes the possibility of getting a maid, and puts paid to any possibility that she might convince him with a little cooing and pouting.

Reina questions Leida at the table, in a way that suggests that Leida isn't known to be keen on taking care of her own son, so who will? "Me?" Leida asks, rather than answers, then announces that Eric will be helping! Sure. Good luck with that.

Next, Reina wonders aloud: "Leida is easy to get irritated and she becomes a really awful person, and she's annoying basically, I don't know if Eric knows that."

It appears that he knows, sort of. Eric scolds Leida: "You're picking fights with me because you're bored and other people are in your head" as he rudely cocks his head in her sister's direction to indicate that he thinks Leida's misbehavior all her sister's fault. "She can pack sand" he bitches, nastily.

Eric makes empty promises of providing for Leida and her son. This is a guy who needs his 19 yr daughter as a roommate so that half his rent and utilities are paid for, in order for him to be able to pay child support for her siblings.

Eric is cheap, domineering, and she's a psycho.

They're both despicable and for this reason I want their marriage to last forever. They're going to regret not picking that relatively sweet "fight ISIS" option.

I see a horrible future for these two...the saddest question from Reina was asking who would take care of Alless.  The fights will be about how lazy Leida is and how little money Eric will spend on her and how Leida wants the daughter to move out but Eric will defend her because she pays half the rent and we know how important that is to Eric.

Colt will never be more animated so I have to stop waiting for that to happen, he will be the blandest person in Vegas.  I predict that Larissa will yearn to see the strip all lit up and go for cocktails and dinner on a Saturday night and Colt will not understand why.  He will probably think taking Larissa to a Denny's on the strip is a good compramise but Mother will be going with them because they can use her AARP discount.  Also, who would buy a car withouth AC in Las Vegas?  Is that the car he shares with Mother?  The hood does not even close properly.

Fernanda is the next Sophia Vergara, she is funny with her American accent.  She seems like fun but no way should she get married, she should go to school and get an idea of what the world can offer...certainly more than Jon and his messy house with no bed.

Bowie MD guy going to Russia to see that hot girl he knocked up but sad she will have a belly, wtf?  Should have thought of that before he bare backed the visiting Russian girl.

The Samwoah guy seems decent but a fish out of water, if only he could climb a coconut tree he would feel more at home.  I think he will be a big kid with his son, I can see the two of them being easily amused by the same things, kind of endearing.  

11 minutes ago, Brooklynista said:

And there's a long ass line to take a picture with it.

There is a really nice shopping area at that end of the strip, kind of a town center ish feel to it, not Vegas like at all, no glitz.  I have been to Las Vegas a few times and never saw that sign until I went to that shopping area and all I thought was, "that was it?"

• Love 14
15 minutes ago, lucy711 said:

Third, Colt works and lives with his mother.  He must have some money.  Why can't he get a new car?

Because it looks better on the show to pick up the gold digging fiance in a beat up car.

Eric took the OTHER gold digger to Nowhere, PA because 1) it makes a better storyline and 2) less likely to have things leak than filming in Manhattan.   She is saying "do it proper" because that's how she THINKS one really rich people talk.    Girlfriend actually has no clue.

Poor Asuelu.   He is going to be expected to work his ass off and never see his son.   Because she sure ain't getting a job.  Nope, she's a mom now, she gets to stay home and be a housewife.  Not that there is anything wrong with that, but sometimes reality bites you on the butt and you can't do what you want.   She might have to work for a while to support the family. 

• Love 12
5 hours ago, millennium said:

Leida has OCD at best, maybe something more serious.   Her repetitive "Do it proper!  Do it proper!" was compulsory, not bitchiness.   This, I suspect, is why Reina came along for the ride.   She and the family are well aware something's not right with kid sister -- described in euphemisms like "she's annoying" -- and they want to make sure Eric can handle her once they remand her to his care.

Speaking of Eric, if he's 40, then Skateboard Guy's grandparents must be what, 50?

Did anyone tell the Fresh Prince of Montego Bay to drink up while he can because the legal age in America is 21?   Really don't like that guy, but  I tend to have a problem with any one, man or woman, who feels compelled to repeatedly tell the world how beautiful they are.

Asuelo dancing in the airport felt like the beginning of an 1970s Disney comedy.   I'm waiting for Wally Cox to show up as the wily Immigration Officer.

Speaking of movie premises, Larissa reminds me of Janet Leigh in Psycho.  She thinks she's weaseled her way into marriage and security, but through a cruel twist of fate has landed in the clutches of Colt Bates and his mother Debbie.  

Oh shit-ee!

Hilarious. Not sure why she added the "ee" sound to so many words.

• Love 4
6 hours ago, millennium said:

Asuelo dancing in the airport felt like the beginning of an 1970s Disney comedy.   I'm waiting for Wally Cox to show up as the wily Immigration Officer.

LOL...what a fabulous reference!

• Love 6
9 hours ago, Toaster Strudel said:

Vegas Polyamory: The editing on this show is delicious. A slot machine in the dining area and what looked like a broken printer on the kitchen counter! I love you editors. ❤️

How will Larissa wedge herself into the real couple here, which is Colt and his toothless mother Debbie? She is an interloper that Debbie is grudgingly tolerating, only because she realizes she cannot satisfy all of Colt's needs. Where will the Brazilian invader sit at Colt & Debbie's long time conjugal table, where Debbie serves outstanding, compliment-worthy fare like baked potatoes and plain steak? The mother/son lovers immediately start to plot ways to exclude her. After Cat Cosplay Puppeteer Colt declares that Brazilian couples sit next to each other at the table, Debbie "jokes" about how "funny" it would be if she and Colt sat next to each other instead, in the tradition of Brazilian couples. Well that sure isn't incestuous at all! "We're adding a new dynamic to OUR situation!" And what an interesting situation they have. Debbie demures, "I'll miss being involved in your stuff" as if she intends to ever stay out of his "stuff." She continues: "I'm SUPPOSED to get my own life" no shit Sherlock, and when she uses the word "supposed" she makes it quite clear that she has no intention of ever getting her own life. "My mother and I have had a thing going for many years" explains Colt. Alright, Colt, we get it.

Not surprisingly, Colt reckons that his main squeeze Debbie was thought of as a burden by some previous secondary love interests and there is no doubt that Debbie didn't do anything to dispel them of that notion.

"I find him handsome" coos Larissa about the flabby, jiggly, homely slob she plans to marry. So right away we know she's faking it

He awaits her at McCarran airport wearing his best brown and ox blood checkered shirt and poorly fitted pants, empty-handed.

Where is my flowers? No flowers. Will you buy me flowers? No. Here are some flowers you can buy. I'm not spending a whole $20 on flowers after I paid so much for airport parking.

Come on Colt, be welcoming and make her feel special! I wonder how much he would have spent on red roses if Debbie was the one landing.

When they are riding in Colt's old beater (the one she shares with his beloved Debbie), without air conditioning, in Las Vegas, Colt starts to show his ugly side and underlying anger... and maybe a tinge of misogyny?  I'm just guessing about that last one.

Larissa mentions that it's hotter in Vegas than in Brazil, and especially inside the tin can he's driving, very politely I will add. The way he told her they were in a desert, I heard something like: "yeah we're in a fucking desert bitch." He was angry but the cameras were rolling. "Roll down the fucking window dumbass and STFU" Those weren't his actual words, but it was his tone.

"It's private! It's the middle of the street!" he scolded her, gritting his teeth. No wonder only his mom loves him (she really does).

"Yesterday [Larissa] wasn't in my life , now she is" he tells the camera crew while sending mixed signals as to whether that's 100% a good thing. "Larissa seems unhappy about everything" - but frankly there isn't all that much for her to be happy about. First, there's Colt himself, the old-beater/pressure-cooker he's driving, his dull witted, jealous, incestuous mother, and Vegas is a nightmare (that is true). She wants to live in another town, another house... and no mother. I cannot blame her one bit. I hope she takes consolation in the awesome cats, if Colt lets her touch them (he may be peculiar about other people trying to develop relationships with his cats).

Debbie wastes no time trash-talking Larissa and calling her mean and selfish. "Unless she changes there is no future for either one of them here" she weeps. I have no pity for her.

Colt and Larissa are as poorly matched as Debbie's sharpie eyebrows. This marriage will be short, miserable, and Debbie will prevail on her son/lover.

You nailed it. Especially about Colt's mom. She doesn't know when to let go, and it's not nice! She needs to move on and get her own life so that her son will have a chance at one. Get your tentacles out of him, lady!

It's going to be ugly when these two women start fighting. And, reason being, Colt's mom knows darn well she should have backed out a long time ago. I can understand feeling sad that your son is marrying a gold digger who is way out of his league otherwise because that can only lead to future unhappiness. However, if she's unhappy that her son has found someone, that's just unnatural. 

In the end, Larissa will win if she plays her cards right. After all, it is Vegas.

The no A/C in the car, no flowers, like you could just stop at the shop and pick her up some. It's not about her being some kind of petty, materialistic B, Colt. She's come a long way for you and she's feeling insecure. The flowers are a symbol, in this case, they've become a symbol of something she is not getting, a lot of of things she will not be getting.

If there is any misogyny there, and that's still a big IF for now, we have no problem identifying the source. (Debbie.)

He's mad at Mom for stunting his personality by never letting him go.

On a lighter note, fighting with Mom will give Larissa something to do on those boring Vegas nights. (I can't believe I just put those three words together. Vegas is the most beautiful city in the world... Jeez, Colt, take her to a casino for crying out loud.) But, when it comes to a night of cat cosplay (brilliant, BTW), feuding with Mom will do nicely. Colt will become turf, something fought for and hard won. The sex will be better.

Something tells me Larissa will be brutal. And, Mom deserves it. Sorry, but I fully get that it's hard to let go of kids, and I'm not looking forward to mine growing up, but you have to let them live their own lives and this type of aberration is so not cool.

Edited by CoachWristletJen
  • Love 15
41 minutes ago, SevenCostanza said:

He really does I don't know why she wanted him to shave.   With the clean face and man boobs he looks like someone that's transitioning.

He has very feminized features. I wonder if it’s just a case of his body producing more estrogen than the average man. I was actually surprised seeing a photo of his full body because I expected him to have female-ish hips and he didn’t.

• Love 7
9 hours ago, Toaster Strudel said:

Asuelu (I don't have the heart to give him a nickname) is shaping up to be a tragic figure.

This is a 23 yr old man from a tropical island with a gentle climate, a house that needs no walls, near a beautiful beach, and accustomed to a routine of gathering firewood, cleaning up coconuts, feeding pigs, and I guess working at the resort where he met and wooed 30 yr old Stale Virgin Kalani and knocked her up (see my earlier rant about sex education). He is young, simple, with a carefree, upbeat demeanor. There is something very likeable and touching about him.

The moment he greets Kalani at the airport, with his joyous Samoan slap dance and song, their worlds clash as, rather than being appreciative, she winces in embarrassment. He says in the talking head "I feel so happiness - I wanted to make her feel proud of me" while she looks on with a condescending expression on her face. Kalani's attitude was not lost on one of the women watching Asuelu's greeting: "If things don't work out with her, call me!" - even passers-by can see from a distance that this isn't going to work out.

Driving the point home of how far apart their worlds are, he wants to carry on in the airport and in the car bare-footed. He finds the streets too wide (it's true!) and is frightened of fast driving.

However, meeting his son, he is right at home, holding him, smiling, playing with him. This man has a good and kind heart.

But he is up against insurmountable odds.

• Kalani: "I'm going to have to teach him how to act in the USA"
  • Kalani's father: "Rule number one, disrespect my daughter and you will have issues."
  • Kalani: "I've been without support, he's going to have to contribute"
  • Kalani's mother expects him to fulfill the role of father and provider... in America.
  • Kalani's sister has been told he's a cheater.

They have laid down the rules and expectations of upper middle class American life that he will be required to fulfill quickly, or else.

How on Earth will he even be able to even come close? The world he left behind is irreconcilably different.

"Kalani's family don't like me" he says softly, breaking my heart.

Agreed. I made a snarky comment about his airport dance because I didn't realize that it was 'a thing.' And, for Kalani to lie about him to garner sympathy is despicable. Meanwhile her dad is the human equivalent of a fist just waiting to bear down on him. He's a sweet man in a brood of urban vipers.

I don't know what her dad's upbringing was like, but I shudder to think that he had a similar, guileless personality when he first arrived in the United States and it was pounded out of him. If so, Asuelu's story truly is a sad one and I can only hope that Kalani will think more about her husband's feelings and less about her mean-assed Christian family.

And I am a Christian myself. Albeit I don't say that too loudly for obvious reasons, like I'm snide as hell, but I certainly don't ascribe to this whole Virginity Cult thing, like it's okay to do anything that everybody else does, just don't follow the biological promptings of your body and have sex because then you are forever tainted. I don't like the fact that Kalani feels 'shame' over her baby. Maybe she would have preferred marriage and then baby, but hey, it didn't happen... SO WHAT? As far as I'm concerned, it's far worse to heap tons of shame on a young mom and her precious baby.  

• Love 16

I thought it was really strange of Eric to make breakfast burritos.  I mean, it’s great that he cooks, but they’re from Indonesia and I’m sure that little boy was not used to eating anything that was served for that particular breakfast.  I wonder if Eric bothered to ask Leida what kind of food he should buy ahead of time so that she and her son would have something familiar to eat. 

It might have been better to take them all out to breakfast— to a place where at least they would be some options to select from. After all, Eric treats himself to breakfast out every morning—why not his new bride and her family?

Edited by PityFree
  • Love 17
9 hours ago, guilfoyleatpp said:

I was pretty mad at Kalani at the airport. Don't be a bitch. Don't look so embarrassed. It's LAX. You're 30. This is your future husband. He's doing his thing. Chill the fuck out. I'm with the lady who said she would take Aselu if Kailani didn't want him. 

Leida yelling at Eric at the airport about her bags was cringe worthy. "Do it proper!" She sounded like she was talking to a servant...and not very nicely. He would be a better match with her sister, Raina. They seemed to have a more compatible temperament. Ledia is in for a BIG surprise when they get to Wisconsin. 

I think I have a similar personality to Kalani - I would have been done the same as her and been SO embarrassed.  The guy was stripped down in the middle of an airport! Not to mention those floors are probably so filthy. 

And what exactly does "do it proper!" mean when loading luggage?  Like laying flat on the back and not on its side? I needed an explanation on why she was freaking out so bad during that.

8 hours ago, Toaster Strudel said:

Yes I realized that just now LOL.

That sign is really lame. That's what he decided he should show her?

She asked to see it. 

5 hours ago, endure said:

Samwa, samwa? I kept hearing that said in regard to Asuelo by Kalani & her Mum finally realizing it was Samoa lol.  I couldn’t imagine leaving there to move to the States and cannot see him being happy in the US.  I wonder if they are even in love or just the parents of the baby?

I thought maybe me and everyone else Ive ever been around had been saying Samoa wrong my entire life (not that I've ever been around anyone from Samoa) but Asuelo actually said it the way that is normal to me SA-MOE-AH - so is Kalani pronouncing it correct as well or are they just weird?

1 hour ago, lucy711 said:

Second, who takes care of Ashley's kids when she is in Jamaica?  She calls herself a single mother, but has gone to Jamaica multiple times sans children.  I'm a married mom (and my husband lives with me), and I can barely find the time to get a damn manicure.

Probably their father.

Now i'm starting to realize why maybe Larissa was ok with hooking up with Colt. She photographs well but when she opens her mouth... ehhhh..... I can see where she might not be as desirable in her hometown. 

Was Daya from Indonesia too?  I remember someone saying that where ever Daya is from, they speak pretty fluent English which is always so surprising to me.  And Lieda even seemed to have an australian accent sometimes? 

Also not surprised when her sister asked who would watch the kid - if they're so used to having help. Lieda didnt seem to have a motherly bone in her body.

• Love 9
5 hours ago, endure said:

She’s realized it ain’t easy to take care of a baby and I think she’s regretting getting knocked up. She’s looking to Asuelu to take on the child care burden, I think she’s less interested in him as a man.

• Love 13
50 minutes ago, Granny58 said:

I guarantee you...it's because this car still works.   No need for a new one.  

I couldn't help but notice that The Doltmobile (Debbie + Colt.. thank you, Sterling!)  seems to have had multiple fender benders. Either Colt or his mom must be a terrible driver! They either don't report it to the insurance or pocket the $$$ and don't get the dents fixed.

I'm all in favor of driving a practical car that's paid for. Mr. Coach drives a flashier convertible model, and I like to ride around in it, but I don't like to drive an expensive car. I need a car that kids can eat their McDonald's in. I want a newer model that is reliable and runs well, but at the end of the day, I just need something that's easy to park at the supermarket. 

In Vegas, A/C is a MUST. Colt can have that fixed! No way would I ride around without it. Also, I couldn't handle driving around with all those dents. It screams to others on the road, "I CAN'T DRIVE!" (On the other hand, maybe it would make them steer clear? Still, just NO WAY!)

Incidentally, my screen name, Coach Wristlet Jen, was a joke because of the Justin and Evelyn story based on Justin's evil sister-in-law, Jen, somebody said something about her carrying around a Coach Wristlet, and I had recently gotten one from my own evil sister-in-law as a birthday present, hence the name. It's actually very useful and I can carry my credit cards and even fit a Larabar into it.

I'm rooting for Steven. He's got a Kyle vibe... that damaged sweetness, but someone who could overcome. I know he's a mess, but he is young.  And he's trying to do the right thing. He wants to be in his child's life.

And who kicks out their son when he's sixteen?

I like the Deadhead grandparents. I think they're sweet and loving and would be good caregivers to help with the baby.  I saw some other kid stuff in the house. Looks like they help with other babies, too. Just lovely people from what I can tell.

• Love 24

Fernanda won me over with that Southern accent. 19 is young and he's probably her first truly serious relationship. She's all in. It's a lot harder to accept that there were others before you at that age because she hasn't really had others before her. She needs a little time to grow up and mature. But she is smarter than she looks and probably too good for him... that will all depend on how truly ready he is to settle down.

25 minutes ago, AZChristian said:

Eric doesn't care one whit about what Leida or her son would prefer.  They are in the USA now.  They will stay where HE says they will stay.  They will eat what HE says they will eat.  And their suitcases will be jammed into the car the way HE jams them in.  All of his calm behavior is for the camera.

Agreed. He seems like he could have a temper. And her sister said she has an anger problem, too. Not sure I like the idea of these two potential hotheads alone with Alessandro. 

The bags Eric was jamming into that vehicle are almost as big as the ones under his eyes. Even Mother Nature is saying to him, "You suck!"

• Love 20
27 minutes ago, PityFree said:

I thought it was really strange of Eric to make breakfast burritos.  I mean, it’s great that he cooks, but they’re from Indonesia and I’m sure that little boy was not used to eating anything that was served for that particular breakfast.  I wonder if Eric bothered to ask Leida what kind of food he should buy ahead of time so that she and her son would have something familiar to eat. 

It might have been better to take them all out to breakfast— to a place where at least they would be some options to select from. After all, Eric treats himself to breakfast out every morning—why not his new bride and her family?

Yea  I agree.  He's either cheap like Colt or broke.   I don't understand the whole driving 15 hours to meet them in NY.  Wouldn't it have been easier to have them fly to where he lives?

• Love 13