Type keyword(s) to search

Season 6 Discussion

Drogo
  • Start Topic

42 minutes ago, Gigglepuff said:

So, you're saying that I shouldn't respond to the 22 year old from Pakistan who just me on Instagram, and said that I was his "dream woman" and that he wanted to get to know me to "see what happens"? 

Damn I gotta get on IG!

• Love 5
3 hours ago, Gigglepuff said:

So, you're saying that I shouldn't respond to the 22 year old from Pakistan who just added me on Instagram, and said that I was his "dream woman" and that he wanted to get to know me to "see what happens"? 

No, you totally should meet up with him! He's probably the love of your life, but more importantly we need you to get on the show and be a mole.

• Love 20

I apologize if someone already mentioned this as I haven't read through all of the comments, but didn't we see a similar panty-finding scene previously with FernandO and now we're seeing the reverse with FernandA?

• Love 4
7 hours ago, spankydoll said:

It would fit.into.his party.every.night lifestyle and he does look a little big eyed.in some of the shots. 

An addiction to Red Bull or one of those 5-hour energy drinks would probably be much cheaper.  Very observant of you.

• Love 1
20 hours ago, eatsleep said:

I missed a lot but does Eric work now? Did he retire from the military with a full 20 years of honorable service? Or is he partially disabled? Did he separate from the military before he could retire with 20 years? Was he dishonorably discharged? Usually guys who retire that young (and 39-40 is really young) will receive a good pension and go on to find a whole other career, so they are living quite comfortably

From what he said he was in for 8 years. I'm assuming he was discharged but uses the trade he was taught (airplane mechanic) in the private sector. 

• Love 1
15 hours ago, kylies-lips said:

Ashley and Jay: I refuse to believe that this 20 year old is some sex god. PUH-LEESE. He's certainly a cutie pie (that smile!) and  clearly can charm the panties off any woman he wants but Casanova? I doubt it. I lost all sympathy with Ash when she stated that what happens in Jamaica with him is none of her business. Okay, sis so you are a willing participant in this charade. Cool. Enjoy seeing that clip played back at the reunion show!

Jay is a clown.  First, at 20 years old, he's probably been around the block a few times, but not enough to really know what a real woman wants.  He's been with a few teenagers and perhaps a 20-something or two, but by the mere number of years, I doubt he has had time to truly learn about a deep intimate relationship.  Note to all the Jays out there:  the physical portion, though extremely important and nice to have, is only part of the equation, certainly NOT the whole thing.

Second, a real man doesn't go around telling his private business and sexcapades.  That is so off-putting and so high school, his grandkids are going to be ashamed of seeing those clips on YouTube.   Jay is such an innocent dumb kid that he truly thinks that bedding multiple women is a sign of prowess and success.

• Love 9
19 hours ago, Former Nun said:

Is this a possibility?   That well-to-do girl isn't part of the family; she isn't rich.  She's one of their live-in maids.  The wife just figured out that HER husband impregnated the maid and the little boy is his!

Buh-bye, live-in maid.

I did not know that.  Interesting turn of events.

1 minute ago, AmyBre said:

Jay is a clown.

This short sentence says it all.

• Love 2
3 minutes ago, jumper sage said:
19 hours ago, Former Nun said:

Is this a possibility?   That well-to-do girl isn't part of the family; she isn't rich.  She's one of their live-in maids.  The wife just figured out that HER husband impregnated the maid and the little boy is his!

Buh-bye, live-in maid.

I did not know that.  Interesting turn of events.

Yikes!   It's not real (or is it?).  It was just something I was suggesting.  

• Love 3
36 minutes ago, poeticlicensed said:

From what he said he was in for 8 years. I'm assuming he was discharged but uses the trade he was taught (airplane mechanic) in the private sector. 

I heard Eric say the same thing.  I’m guessing he makes around $45K a year.  Deduct child support from that and it isn’t much money to support himself and a “new” family.  Leida should’ve stayed home or aimed higher.

Edited by Booger666
  • Love 1
16 hours ago, DaphneCat said:

Former Cheesehead here (although my husband tells me that being a cheesehead is something you never lose) and the one thing I really miss from Wisconsin (apart from great cheese curds) is the Friday fish fry.  I was really disappointed that other places don't have it.

As for the ice fishing - just tell him that you will meet him after at the bar.  Trust me, the biggest thing about ice fishing is going to the bar after.

Isn't every sport about the drinking after, lol!

11 hours ago, Blizzard said:

No, you totally should meet up with him! He's probably the love of your life, but more importantly we need you to get on the show and be a mole.

OMG, what a wonderful plan!  Someone could take one for the team, faking love on TV for a paycheck, writing a Tell All, being a hero to all us PTVer's, maybe being asked to be on Dancing With the Stars, the possibilities are endless!

• Love 3
21 hours ago, Dance4Life said:

Yep!  I said this was all bragging because he loves that Jamaican Stud image. 

I went to Jamaica a few years ago.  After we got home a girl that worked at the resort contacted my husband via Facebook asking him for money.....FOR SCHOOL! HUNDREDS of dollars! 

Yea, right.  I talked to her all the time at the resort and she told she wasn’t in school.

I started laughing and told my husband it was a scam and to block her.

I tried contacting the Resort and nobody replied.

I went on Trip Advisor (she was Trip Advisor famous, btw.......all those Resort Entertainment Crew like to be TA famous.  It is like part of their resume and the resorts gives them bonuses)  and blasted her to the moon!  I was contacted shortly by management and told she didn’t work there anymore.

One of the last thing she said to me was.....don’t forget to write about me on Trip Advisor!  Then contacts my husband for money.  

I’ve been going to Mexico for 20 years and NOT a single time any of their Entertainment Crew has done that and all have remained professional.

The Jamaican resort workers were clingy...AF! They live at the resort and when they are ‘off-shift’ they are allowed to hang out with guests...uninvited. I didn’t like that at all. I don’t want to talk...just relax.

When Jay said he basically stalked that that girl at the resort.........YEP.........all those horrible memories came flooding back! Lol! 

You really should state what resort this is so nobody here ever goes there,it would be a public service announcement...

• Love 4
55 minutes ago, Booger666 said:

I heard Eric say the same thing.  I’m guessing he makes around $45K a year.  Deduct child support from that and it isn’t much money to support himself and a “new” family.  Leida should’ve stayed home or aimed higher.

I am just waiting for the episode where Eric tries to weasel out of child support because he has a new lady love. Did he not realize that was not going to sit well with the viewing public? Or is he just that dumb. And BTW, most of the time, when your grown kid lives with you, it's because they are young and broke. In this case, it sounds like Eric needed someone to split the rent with. So when his daughter quits paying rent and Leida moves in, how is going to pay the rent? Oh yeah, that  pesky child support. 

• Love 5
1 hour ago, not you again said:

I don't know the child support laws there, but depending on your income, child support where I live for 1 child can be as low as $250/month, so why he is living in squalor and taking money from the daughter living with him is a mystery.  

Every time I see one of these bozos who make good money but still can't afford a nice place, I think of people like my brother in law. He blows it all on gambling. 

• Love 2
2 hours ago, poeticlicensed said:

In this case, it sounds like Eric needed someone to split the rent with. So when his daughter quits paying rent and Leida moves in, how is going to pay the rent?

My point exactly.  I could even go further and state that she probably split the move-in costs first/last/security.  How many of the bills are in her name?  I have a lot of questions.

• Love 6
31 minutes ago, jumper sage said:

My point exactly.  I could even go further and state that she probably split the move-in costs first/last/security.  How many of the bills are in her name?  I have a lot of questions.

Maybe Leida will pull an Annie and say she is not comfortable having sex while the kid is around.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, ChiCricket said:

Every time I see one of these bozos who make good money but still can't afford a nice place, I think of people like my brother in law. He blows it all on gambling. 

I see this and also...if he's been funding her fiancee visa, that can't be cheap. A couple of trips to Indonesia to hang out, that's time off you might not get if you're in a union type job. 

He's probably spent a lot to get her over here, needed the daughter's contribution, and is now ready to replace the woman who has been supporting him for one who will be able to bang him. 

Also, if she's 19, his child support was JUST REDUCED. WTF dude?! This is the time to rejoice that it's been chopped in half or 1/3 or whatever.

• Love 5

Ashley and Jay: No one else thinks that Jay is just using Ashley as a way to get to America? He said his mother lives and works here, so maybe he is just looking for someone to pay his way here and get him a green card. As to Ashley, I think she may be subconsciously getting back at daddy, mommy or her baby daddies. I don’t see what she sees in a 20 year-old she knows isn’t going to even be faithful. Someone needs to tell her that vacation sex is great because it doesn’t know with work or paying bills or the natural stress from being an adult in an adult relationship. 

Eric and Leida: I think Eric may be thinking that once the rich girl gets here, she will hate the conditions enough that she will use that big bank account of hers to get them a better place to live, along with a maid. The ex-wife may be along for the ride just to ensure she gets her child support. My guess is that Eric needs the money from the show to get current, or stay current, with his child support. Kicking out your child, to support a woman and her child you have only met maybe twice because you are working to satisfy your fetish, is not what being a military mania about. Also, if he is 40, I want to know what he is doing to make him look twenty years older.

Party Guy and Fernanda: I am wondering what he will do once he realizes she isn’t old enough to get into the bars/clubs and his friends will be over her by the second meeting. It’s not like they are going to sit on the couch and have meaningful conversations.

Colt and name I have blanked on woman: I am more interested in the cats and I am not a cat person. Did he or mommy name them? Does he now kick them out of bed when the new woman of the house arrives? Do colt, mommy and the cats have matching outfits? Does new lady get one? Who does he choose in a fight, the cats or new woman? I don’t mention mommy because she owns the house, the cats and her son, so she isn’t going anywhere. More importantly, what was that crap mommy made Colt for breakfast and does he have a lock of mommy’s hair in his backpack? These are the most important questions I need revealed on the show. 

• Love 16
20 hours ago, Gigglepuff said:

So, you're saying that I shouldn't respond to the 22 year old from Pakistan who just added me on Instagram, and said that I was his "dream woman" and that he wanted to get to know me to "see what happens"? 

Oh you should, hopefully he has the great hair and sports skinny jeans like Azan. And you would be ok if you are big a little bit.  

image.png.347ec1c18511f27eb6394bdfbe6a8504.png

Edited by Mahamid Frauded Me
  • Love 15

Ok, had it on again while I did some chores.  I know I chimed in before but here are my further observations:

Jonathan still looks like a low-rent Peter Falk.

Peeped Ash's spine tattoo in the "this season on" (that's fair game, right?  @Drogo if not let me know I will edit).  Was going to snark on her quote, which is the title of a Bukowski book, and say "I wonder if she's even opened it or just read the title?" but I don't know if she even knows where it comes from, because it's not even a direct quote.  When quoting from a poet, man, words matter.  Quote is "What matters most is how well you walk through the fire," but the visible part of hers starts "What matters the most..."  

I hate Jonathan even more because I think he tried to gaslight Fernanda twice within seconds of that panty drawer opening - his first reaction was to say "they're yours" which ICK and then at some point he circles around to "you have men's clothes in your house and you SAY they're your fathers, but how do I really know?"   Gross.  I take back the Peter Falk thing.

Kalani says "I have a really hard time trusting Oliver with Asuelu."  I think you can totally trust Oliver.  He's a baby, I don't think he'll hurt Asuelu.  (P.S. Yes, the guy who is surprised at hamburger meat will not know not to take a baby out of a car seat.  I think wanting to comfort a crying baby is actually a nice thing, even if he did it wrong?)

Larissa keeps reminding me a lot of Ximena (from Before the 90 Days) - anyone else?  

• Love 17
3 hours ago, guilfoyleatpp said:

Also, if she's 19, his child support was JUST REDUCED. WTF dude?! This is the time to rejoice that it's been chopped in half or 1/3 or whatever.

Pretty sure on my rewatch I heard him say he just pays for one kid at this point.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, Mahamid Frauded Me said:

Oh you should, hopefully he has the great hair and sports skinny jeans like Azan. And you would be ok if you are big a little bit.  

I'm dying! I'm not big a little bit, but hopefully still acceptable? 

• Love 3
6 hours ago, guilfoyleatpp said:

That's not how it works.  I know because my sister had 2 kids with 2 different dads.  That's where you cash in.  Usually, in Michigan anyways, you get the biggest amount for the first child and any additional children are add ons to the main amount.  As children age out of the system, so to speak, and you do not have an agreement for "through college" then the child who ages out father is saved the add on amount until you have the main amount going all the way through the last child.  My mom got support for 3 kids with $200 a week with another $50 per child past the child #1.  As my brother and I aged out within 10 months of each other our father only saved $50 and then another $50.  He had to continue to pay the main $200 four our little sister.  Having kids with different fathers is the way to go if you want 100% of child support per child.  The amount is a guess from the 70s but I do know that the formula is still the same with updates for health insurance and now support through college.

• Love 3
11 hours ago, sconstant said:

Ok, had it on again while I did some chores.  I know I chimed in before but here are my further observations:

Jonathan still looks like a low-rent Peter Falk.

Peeped Ash's spine tattoo in the "this season on" (that's fair game, right?  @Drogo if not let me know I will edit).  Was going to snark on her quote, which is the title of a Bukowski book, and say "I wonder if she's even opened it or just read the title?" but I don't know if she even knows where it comes from, because it's not even a direct quote.  When quoting from a poet, man, words matter.  Quote is "What matters most is how well you walk through the fire," but the visible part of hers starts "What matters the most..."  

I hate Jonathan even more because I think he tried to gaslight Fernanda twice within seconds of that panty drawer opening - his first reaction was to say "they're yours" which ICK and then at some point he circles around to "you have men's clothes in your house and you SAY they're your fathers, but how do I really know?"   Gross.  I take back the Peter Falk thing.

Kalani says "I have a really hard time trusting Oliver with Asuelu."  I think you can totally trust Oliver.  He's a baby, I don't think he'll hurt Asuelu.  (P.S. Yes, the guy who is surprised at hamburger meat will not know not to take a baby out of a car seat.  I think wanting to comfort a crying baby is actually a nice thing, even if he did it wrong?)

Larissa keeps reminding me a lot of Ximena (from Before the 90 Days) - anyone else?  

Ha I was going to demand you take back the Peter Falk comment but you already did so....love me some Columbo.

• Love 3
On 10/22/2018 at 4:01 PM, Kangatush said:

Kalani and Asuelu:  I think she's gorgeous.  And her hair is luscious.  But she's a moron.  

Every time she came on the screen, I was just gawking at her hair!  I'm glad I'm not the only one who noticed it; I was thinking I was weird or something!

On 10/22/2018 at 9:47 PM, LennieBriscoe said:

A nerdy guy who dresses his 3 cats.  And lives with his mother, the Good Cook.  Does he also run an off-the-beaten-path motel?

A party-hearty guy who shows his love via breast implants.  Better than flowers with his True Love, whose dance card he's been happily filling!

An old under-eye bags guy who values his children above all by booting them out for his inamorata. And her child.  

A Mormon Tracee Ellis Ross Wannabe who decided to put the (baby) carriage before a Green Card (patting myself on the back for getting millennium's awesome allusion to Margaret Mead!).  Why does her Samoan Swain remind me of Mary Kay Letourneau's  erstwhile Child Hubby Vili?

A blonde woman with a younger tattoo artist, who is sure women find him "beautiful." Word of advice, Skinny Grangela: Do NOT get his name tattooed on your, well,  anywhere. 

Whoever I've forgotten, that's okay; I'll catch them next episode!

After all,  nothing matters....except Angelo's Pizza! 

OMGosh, please post often; I laughed my a$$ off when I read this!

• Love 1

So does Jonathan notice anything about Fernanda other than her body parts?  I know they all tend to focus on the looks of their intended, but he's so over top, it's absolutely creepy.  Poor Colt and his boobs.  I hope he really is smart enough not to be taken for a ride.  

Am I wrong for thinking Daryl and Daryl's father is kind of sexy?

13 hours ago, WhatsUpDummy said:

Colts voice reminds me of Kip from Napoleon Dynamite. 

Kip was ahead of his time.  I can't believe that film's 14 years old.

Napoleon-Dynamite-Kip.gif

LarRissa is no LaFawnduh, though.

• Love 14
4 hours ago, sainte-chapelle said:

Ha I was going to demand you take back the Peter Falk comment but you already did so....love me some Columbo.

Me too.  Family mocks me for listening to podcasts about it.  (Scottish guys' podcast is the best.)  Also was thrilled when Extra Hot Great put one in the canon.

Spent so long looking at Peter Falk to try to figure out which eye is fake.  Maybe that's why I noticed immediately that I was trying to figure out which of Jonathan's eyes are.  (Not that either of them are.)  More obvious is what on Fernanda is fake.  [SFX: Jonathan pre-adolescent giggle.]

Hat tip to @hawkhd who commented on it in the live thread as well.  

Random capture from promo video to prove I am not crazy about this eye thing.  

Screenshot 2018-10-25 at 10.28.38 AM - Edited.png

Edited by sconstant
  • Love 3
17 hours ago, MakingBacon said:

Eric and Leida: I think Eric may be thinking that once the rich girl gets here, she will hate the conditions enough that she will use that big bank account of hers to get them a better place to live, along with a maid. The ex-wife may be along for the ride just to ensure she gets her child support. My guess is that Eric needs the money from the show to get current, or stay current, with his child support. Kicking out your child, to support a woman and her child you have only met maybe twice because you are working to satisfy your fetish, is not what being a military mania about. Also, if he is 40, I want to know what he is doing to make him look twenty years older.

I think you've raised an interesting point--sure, Eric was "looking for love" and hoping for a "traditional" woman. He found Leida, who I absolutely believe is not rich at all, but grifting the shit out of this rube. HE thinks she's going to be arriving with a pocket full of cash. And, as a "traditional" woman, she'll dump it right into a joint bank account. Oh Eric. What a chump.

14 hours ago, sconstant said:

If Ximena was a grasping, crass, vulgar twunt, maybe. Ximena may or may not have been an escort, an opportunist, or someone who was making a buck off of gullible men, but she did not appear to be as unpleasant, tacky or pushy as Larissa. Larissa could stand to take a page or five from Ximena's playbook!

• Love 11
On 10/22/2018 at 9:38 PM, Scarlett45 said:

I get the “fling on vacation” (wrap it up!!) but you don’t turn your vacation D into a relationship. 

Would this show have lasted for so long or have had as many spinoffs if people follow your extremely intelligent advice? It can't all be ill-advised internet hookups! ?

On 10/22/2018 at 9:47 PM, LennieBriscoe said:

A blonde woman with a younger tattoo artist, who is sure women find him "beautiful." Word of advice, Skinny Grangela: Do NOT get his name tattooed on your, well,  anywhere. 

I'm pretty sure laser tattoo removal will be part of future budgets.

On 10/23/2018 at 5:22 AM, millennium said:

You know the most satisfaction he gets from her augmented breasts?  The fact that he paid for them.   To flatter himself, he announced to the world -- to family, friends, to everyone Fernanda may meet in America -- that his fiance has fake boobs and he picked up the tab.

It also shows his priorities: Bigger boobs for the girl he's sleeping with trumps finding a real bed for her to sleep on.

On 10/23/2018 at 1:08 PM, Drogo said:

My gut feeling is that he probably lost his virginity at 15-16 but he's dating a woman a decade his senior and wants to seem more experienced than he is. 

This is very plausible and I so hope you're right.

• Love 5
35 minutes ago, Vanderboom said:
On 10/22/2018 at 9:38 PM, Scarlett45 said:

I get the “fling on vacation” (wrap it up!!) but you don’t turn your vacation D into a relationship. 

Would this show have lasted for so long or have had as many spinoffs if people follow your extremely intelligent advice? It can't all be ill-advised internet hookups! ?

This show only exists as long as the participants are not serious people.   This show is fueled by immaturity, by sex-starved geeks in search of subsidized adventures and attention, of overlooked women (Nicole, Danielle, Darcy), older decrepit men with little or nothing going for themselves and their women who know full well that these men are not long term but barely a vessel to bring them out of poverty into the land of gold-paved streets.  This show mocks poverty and hunger.  It highlights the importance of education and how many are lacking and barely making a living in their poor countries.  I almost want to tell my daughters to study hard and behave themselves or they'll end up at "90 Day Fiance".  I don't do that but it crosses my mind.

A couple of seasons ago there were "Matt and Alla".  Alla seemed educated and a woman of principles.  Matt seemed upper middle class and slightly intelligent.   If you recall, aside from dumb comments from Matt's friend, there was little drama to their case.     These cases are exceptions and, as someone else pointed out to me, not raunchy, not saucy and just normal people who no one will take time out of their Sunday night to see.   The majority of the participants are train wrecks, not only in the pseudo relationships they put themselves in, but also in their day-to-day lives.   TLC and Sharp Entertainment know that and are fully aware that those are the ones who create drama worthy of dissecting on forums like this.   In the past, they included at least one couple that we rooted for.  But lately, they've made it 100% circus.

Let the court record reflect that that says a lot about us, the viewers and the contributors to this forum.    My name is Amy and I'm an alcoholic.  

• Love 14
On 10/23/2018 at 7:43 PM, Pepper Mostly said:

I'm Team Kalani. I think she's very pretty. I think she's very insecure and unsure of her place in the family. They may love her but they are lining up to tell her how badly she messed up and what a dummy she is. Its very possible that she has messed up and made some seriously bad decisions but she has a baby and if the daddy wants to try to make a go I think her cold unloving family should at least make an effort and support her. I just want to give her a hug. 

I kind of agree with this.  It's not that her family is cold and unloving though; they probably just don't approve of having a child out of wedlock and maybe they feel if they are nice to her, it sends a message that having a baby like that is okay.  

• Love 6
On ‎10‎/‎22‎/‎2018 at 1:13 AM, millennium said:

I don't think Colt's a fool.   You didn't see him bending over backwards or bankrupting himself to get an earlier ticket for the golddigger.   He just matter-of-factly said no.    The $2000 was a hell of a lot more important to him than Miss Brown Bicuspid.   I would guess that his cats are more important to him than Larissa.   It was funny watching her run through the "Greatest Hits of Seductive Online Poses and Expressions" to absolutely no effect.    Colt reminds me of people I know who have Asperger's Syndrome -- highly resistant to emotional appeals.   He seems more puzzled than hurt, like "I'm following all the right steps, why can't she see that?"   I expect it will be funny watching her try to emotionally extort him, not realizing that he's tone-deaf to that sort of approach.

I have a friend who is legit on the spectrum, and that is SO him.  It's all about logic, and nothing else, and no attempts to sway him otherwise will work.  He also lives with his mom and has pets, and does not drive, but he is NOT Colt.  

On ‎10‎/‎22‎/‎2018 at 2:30 AM, Shieldmaiden said:

Not to be too mean but his daughters reminded me of Danyell’s offspring in looks...

I thought the exact same thing.

On ‎10‎/‎22‎/‎2018 at 2:51 AM, Lizzing said:

Kalani irritated me with her whole "I just fessed up I was lying my ass off to my sister, so what's her problem now" act. Give the sister a hot minute to process the new information!

I couldn't tell if she was lying just then to try to sway her family back to them, or if she was telling the truth, and thought they'd all instantly be "OH!  Well then we love him!".  Either way....fail.

On ‎10‎/‎22‎/‎2018 at 6:48 AM, Gobi said:

That whole pantygate situation with Fernanda and Boobs R Us seems off to me. He said he had just moved his furniture from an apartment to the house. The first thing one does before moving furniture is empty the drawers (of drawers, in this instance). It's also much easier to move furniture when the drawers themselves are taken out (lighter,and you don't have to worry about the drawers sliding out).  I can't believe that he moved furniture from one place to another without noticing a drawer full of panties.

When we have moved over the years, we take the drawers out of the dressers and put them in garbage bags, but leave the clothes in.  Then when we get to our destination, we just re-load the dresser.  She went straight to that dresser and that drawer.  Producer driven drama.

On ‎10‎/‎22‎/‎2018 at 8:32 AM, Granny58 said:

sisters Kalani and Kolini?   Did I get that right?  This is my brother Daryl and my other brother Daryl.

I went to school with sisters named Marielle and Mirielle.  Two years apart, and drastically different looking.  They were from an island country, but not Samoa - can't recall which one.

On ‎10‎/‎22‎/‎2018 at 9:14 AM, Mr. Minor said:

How is the schlub from WI going to pay rent without half from his daughter?

My guess is downsize to a one bedroom apartment, or hope his wife decides she doesn't need any more support...….

On ‎10‎/‎22‎/‎2018 at 10:47 AM, Booger666 said:

I don’t think Kalani’s father is anti Samoan. She said he came to the states as a kid and worked hard for everything he has and doesn’t want his kids to struggle like he did.  Dad’s real problem is that Kalani’s BF has nothing and can’t support her or Oliver. 

Someone had a good perspective on this in the specific thread for this couple.

On ‎10‎/‎24‎/‎2018 at 12:53 PM, Spike said:

Based on tourist muggings in Jamaica, you are probably better off at a resort with clingy staff than wandering the streets.

http://time.com/5111271/tourists-jamaica-state-of-emergency/

About 20 years ago, a co-worker (at a prior job) went to Jamaica on vacation with her husband. Both had good jobs and made good money, and dressed accordingly.  They were assigned someone at the resort to tend to their needs.  One day, he takes them on a "tour" of his hometown by Jeep.  The way she described it, it reminded me of National Lampoon's Vacation:  "It's good for the kids to see stuff like this.  Kids - are you noticing the plight?", but she was really sucked in.  They went to his family's home.  They met his siblings, etc.  I know they left money there.  And in the days when internet wasn't common, they gave this guy their address so they could "keep in touch".  I wonder how many other people he was assigned to who got the "Make Wealthy Tourists Feel Better About Themselves While Tugging At Their Heartstrings And Pursestrings" tour?  It could turn in to a nice side business.

23 hours ago, guilfoyleatpp said:

Unless he's in arrears.  That can go on long-term.

• Love 6
On 10/24/2018 at 11:53 AM, Spike said:

Based on tourist muggings in Jamaica, you are probably better off at a resort with clingy staff than wandering the streets.

http://time.com/5111271/tourists-jamaica-state-of-emergency/

I went to Jamaica years ago with my now-ex (we've been divorced since 2002, so that should give you an idea of how long ago this trip was).  They told us on the resort even then not to leave the premises without an escort for security.

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, guilfoyleatpp said:

I want to go to there.

OT - this is a true story.

I lived in CT until four years ago (this week) when I married a guy and moved to WI.

I went back to CT for Christmas with the family (grandkids and children).  My daughter's in-laws gave me a box for Christmas - of Wisconsin cheddar.

True story (and yes, they knew where I'd moved to).

• Love 8
7 minutes ago, b2H said:

I went to Jamaica years ago with my now-ex (we've been divorced since 2002, so that should give you an idea of how long ago this trip was).  They told us on the resort even then not to leave the premises without an escort for security.

A coworker two decades ago was robbed at machete point (no it wasn’t Karine).

• Love 3

Always trying to find something nice about everywhere we've ever visited (except Cartagena, Colombia . . . nothing nice to say about that):

As our shore excursion was driving past some towns in Jamaica on the way to our destination, there were lots of people selling marijuana-laced brownies on street corners.  

• Love 2