Type keyword(s) to search

Season 6 Discussion

Drogo
  • Start Topic

1 hour ago, Drogo said:

I might be going straight to hell, but I assumed Jay was lying, thinking he's coming off as a man of the world and someone who's been irresistible to women since childhood, and completely ignorant of how unimpressive (and wrong) the idea of an 8 year old having sex would be to viewers.  His whole shpiel was telling the audience how much women love him.  He looked so proud of himself when he announced losing his virginity at 8, accepting money from a sugar mama, giving tattoos around nipples that turn on his customers, and taking his father's woman, smiling and nodding all the while; he looks like the cat that ate the canary but tells the story later as the T-Rex that ate the velociraptor. 

My gut feeling is that he probably lost his virginity at 15-16 but he's dating a woman a decade his senior and wants to seem more experienced than he is. 

Yep!  I said this was all bragging because he loves that Jamaican Stud image. 

I went to Jamaica a few years ago.  After we got home a girl that worked at the resort contacted my husband via Facebook asking him for money.....FOR SCHOOL! HUNDREDS of dollars! 

Yea, right.  I talked to her all the time at the resort and she told she wasn’t in school.

I started laughing and told my husband it was a scam and to block her.

I tried contacting the Resort and nobody replied.

I went on Trip Advisor (she was Trip Advisor famous, btw.......all those Resort Entertainment Crew like to be TA famous.  It is like part of their resume and the resorts gives them bonuses)  and blasted her to the moon!  I was contacted shortly by management and told she didn’t work there anymore.

One of the last thing she said to me was.....don’t forget to write about me on Trip Advisor!  Then contacts my husband for money.  

I’ve been going to Mexico for 20 years and NOT a single time any of their Entertainment Crew has done that and all have remained professional.

The Jamaican resort workers were clingy...AF! They live at the resort and when they are ‘off-shift’ they are allowed to hang out with guests...uninvited. I didn’t like that at all. I don’t want to talk...just relax.

When Jay said he basically stalked that that girl at the resort.........YEP.........all those horrible memories came flooding back! Lol! 

• Love 16
22 hours ago, Kangatush said:

Eric and Leida:  First off, her parents are nuts for naming their kid after one of the more bizarre Greek myths (Google it, it's fun).  Secondly, I love how her resume reads like she's going through Barbie's various careers.  Eric said he hasn't shared his living situation with her.  Why hasn't she asked any questions?  Why would she have an issue with child support if she talks about how spoiled by her parents she is?  If her life is so awesome, why would she want him?

Colt and Larissa:  Cat love is fine, dressing them up is not.  And I'm adding a sulk croissant to my 90 day menu.

Fernanda and who's his face:  She's gorgeous and she's going to be more bored than Annie.  No friends, no going to bars, no working...  the trailers have teased it, but she's going to snap spectacularly.

Ashley and Jay:  I'd enjoy watching the train wreck more if there weren't children, and I don't just mean Jay.

Kalani and Asuelu:  I think she's gorgeous.  And her hair is luscious.  But she's a moron.  Virgin, or not, if you're 28, haven't been raised on some sort of compound, and get pregnant, it's your fault.  And she needs to learn the Chantal lesson of not telling her family everything.

Thanks to you, I now know that swans have penises.

I hope Fernanda does snap, as her boy Jonathan is the douchiest douche I've ever seen. Seriously, he loves her because there is nothing about her body he doesn't like, except maybe the boobs he paid for. Just reflecting back on his talking heads makes me start to boil. 

• Love 4
2 hours ago, Kdawg82 said:

I think what the father did was work to achieve a status of middle to upper middle class for his family. He encouraged them to date white men (Kalani always went for "gingers and Jews"). To remain at the same level or better, you need to marry into a family that's the same wealth-wise.  It's just how it is. By Kalani marrying this man, it's a setback to what her father established for his daughter.  Family can only give you so much after they pass on and it will be divided between sisters . I doubt they have multiple properties and then there's always inheritance tax. So it was important to the dad to see his daughter marry same or marry up. Now she's with a guy who doesn't know that a child needs to stay in a car seat while in motion and that ground beef is for sale in supermarkets.  *I am not elitist snob- only understand this mentality. I neither approve nor disapprove this message .

Yeah, I can definitely see how Asuelu can mess things up for Kalani. But I didn't see how Asuelu could mess them up for Low. And Low seemed to be talking about himself. Talk about family enmeshment! One's adult child is not an extension of one's self. Well, she has about two years to get him deported if it's not working out; I hope she watches him like a hawk during that time. 

• Love 1
6 minutes ago, Dance4Life said:

Yep!  I said this was all bragging because he loves that Jamaican Stud image. 

I went to Jamaica a few years ago.  After we got home a girl that worked at the resort contacted my husband via Facebook asking him for money.....FOR SCHOOL! HUNDREDS of dollars! 

Yea, right.  I talked to her all the time at the resort and she told she wasn’t in school.

I started laughing and told my husband it was a scam and to block her.

I tried contacting the Resort and nobody replied.

I went on Trip Advisor (she was Trip Advisor famous, btw.......all those Resort Entertainment Crew like to be TA famous.  It is like part of their resume and the resorts gives them bonuses)  and blasted her to the moon!  I was contacted shortly by management and told she didn’t work there anymore.

One of the last thing she said to me was.....don’t forget to write about me on Trip Advisor!  Then contacts my husband for money.  

I’ve been going to Mexico for 20 years and NOT a single time any of their Entertainment Crew has done that and all have remained professional.

The Jamaican resort workers were clingy...AF! They live at the resort and when they are ‘off-shift’ they are allowed to hang out with guests...uninvited. I didn’t like that at all. I don’t want to talk...just relax.

When Jay said he basically stalked that that girl at the resort.........YEP.........all those horrible memories came flooding back! Lol! 

I've got a friend who "befriended" a bunch of DR people - resort workers . Called them her "friends." Visits the resort annually. Hooked up with one -a dancer of some kind at the resort. It sent up red flags for me.  Immediately I told her about this show (as she doesn't indulge in such crap TV) . I said beware.  Why many don't bring up possibilities of STDs and antibiotic resistant ones at that is beyond me. It's a scary world. You can just as easy find a local,  IMO. If someone is laying it on *THAT* thick and you've never experienced it at your local dive bar- even by some old man who frequents the place- you bet the foreign guy is looking for a ticket to U.S. Coincidence that Americans find the "love of their lives" at resorts like that. 

• Love 12
On 10/22/2018 at 7:40 AM, citychic said:

Eric - Want to know why his house is a mess despite being in the military? Because he doesn't have anyone making a schedule for him and telling him when to sleep, work and clean. That's also why his body is a mess. No one is ordering him to go get dental or medical maintenance. He's going to age hard and fast.

I've lived with a twenty year vet after he retired for the last fifteen years. It took me a long time to figure out why he couldn't be pro-active and plan ahead, turns out he joined the military at seventeen and then had someone else tell him what to do for the next twenty and now he can't figure out how to do things on his own without a schedule and a boss.

PREACH! My hubs is retired for almost 4 years now and stuff like getting him to schedule dr appointments is like a nightmare! Luckily he has other good qualities but man. I don't WANT to be the boss!

Eric seems like an all-around douchecanoe. ORLY--you were going to go fight Isis? Please dude. You can't even pay rent without your teenage daughter. Something is fishy with his whole deal.

• Love 14
11 minutes ago, eatsleep said:

Yeah, I can definitely see how Asuelu can mess things up for Kalani. But I didn't see how Asuelu could mess them up for Low. And Low seemed to be talking about himself. Talk about family enmeshment! One's adult child is not an extension of one's self. Well, she has about two years to get him deported if it's not working out; I hope she watches him like a hawk during that time. 

I think perhaps Low still looks at his daughters as his extension. It depends on the parent and may be tied in to their religion. May seem weird for some but I think they're a tight knit family . Says everything that she had to "reveal" to them she wasn't a virgin anymore.  Eeeshh I'm not sure but maybe more will come out as the season progresses 

• Love 2
9 minutes ago, Kdawg82 said:

Hooked up with one -a dancer of some kind at the resort. It sent up red flags for me.  Immediately I told her about this show (as she doesn't indulge in such crap TV) . I said beware

See...these shows ARE Educational. None of us who partake in this dumpster fire would ever fall into that trap.

So relieved I can still think of it as The Learning Channel ?

• Love 24
7 minutes ago, glitterpussy said:

PREACH! My hubs is retired for almost 4 years now and stuff like getting him to schedule dr appointments is like a nightmare! Luckily he has other good qualities but man. I don't WANT to be the boss!

Eric seems like an all-around douchecanoe. ORLY--you were going to go fight Isis? Please dude. You can't even pay rent without your teenage daughter. Something is fishy with his whole deal.

I missed a lot but does Eric work now? Did he retire from the military with a full 20 years of honorable service? Or is he partially disabled? Did he separate from the military before he could retire with 20 years? Was he dishonorably discharged? Usually guys who retire that young (and 39-40 is really young) will receive a good pension and go on to find a whole other career, so they are living quite comfortably. 

6 minutes ago, Kdawg82 said:

I think perhaps Low still looks at his daughters as his extension. It depends on the parent and may be tied in to their religion. May seem weird for some but I think they're a tight knit family . Says everything that she had to "reveal" to them she wasn't a virgin anymore.  Eeeshh I'm not sure but maybe more will come out as the season progresses 

Is she 19 or 29? I can't remember.

Edited by eatsleep
  • Love 1
Just now, Chickabiddy said:

Thanks to 90DF, Before the 90 Days, Happily Ever After and Love After Lockup - TLC will always be the True Love Channel to me.

• Love 16
33 minutes ago, Kickboxer said:

Thanks to you, I now know that swans have penises.

I hope Fernanda does snap, as her boy Jonathan is the douchiest douche I've ever seen. Seriously, he loves her because there is nothing about her body he doesn't like, except maybe the boobs he paid for. Just reflecting back on his talking heads makes me start to boil. 

Birds have retractable ones.  It’s why you never notice a well-endowed parakeet.

• Love 13
18 hours ago, LennieBriscoe said:

A Mormon Tracee Ellis Ross Wannabe who decided to put the (baby) carriage before a Green Card (patting myself on the back for getting millennium's awesome allusion to Margaret Mead!).  Why does her Samoan Swain remind me of Mary Kay Letourneau's  erstwhile Child Hubby Vili?

I don't think she looks like Tracee Ellis Ross at all.  Confused.

Leida isn't all that either.  It's nothing to have maids and gardeners and cooks in non first world countries.  So having a maid in Indonesia isn't anything to sneeze at.

Edited by Neurochick
  • Love 7
Just now, Neurochick said:

I don't think she looks like Tracee Ellis Ross at all?  Confused.

I can see that.  Big eyes, long straight nose, full lips, hair for days. 

Side by side:

Kalani-Blue-Blouse-90-Day-Fiance.jpgTracee-Ellis-Ross-Curly-Hair-Style-16.pn

• Love 10
5 hours ago, eatsleep said:

But in fairness, Pao wanted a "kreeer." Cassia and Anfisa are currently enrolled in college. Alla went to cosmetology school. I genuinely wonder how many of these foreign fiancee women are looking for the sugar daddy (and to never work) or are looking for better opportunities? Did they only decide to work and go to school when they arrived in the US and saw the streets weren't exactly paved in gold?

I know models, real models (former Barbizon, Ford, etc).  Believe me, Paola ain't no model.  Anfisa much less.   There's an exercise and a nutrition regime that I didn't see in either of these young ladies.   For any profession, if you don't cover the basics of your profession, you are not going to make it.  I had a friend in High School and I vividly remember when he told us in 9th grade that he had seen an accident and had ran to help the lady and her bleeding wound.  I remember this kid explaining this as if was ready to walk into an operating room.  He had that selfless desire to help others and repair the world (Tikkum Olam).  Today he is a very good doctor.

The people that I see succeeding in their professional lives have had that from very early age, those instincts.    Paola and Anfisa didn't have that, much less exuded the confidence that real models do.

Edited by AmyBre
  • Love 5
1 minute ago, Drogo said:

I can see that.  Big eyes, long straight nose, full lips, hair for days. 

Side by side:

Kalani-Blue-Blouse-90-Day-Fiance.jpgTracee-Ellis-Ross-Curly-Hair-Style-16.pn

Yup.  When somebody mentioned it I totally got the resemblance to TER.  I think they have the same big, almond shaped eyes; oval faces; and their mouths are the same shape.

• Love 3
33 minutes ago, eatsleep said:

Did he retire from the military with a full 20 years of honorable service?

I think not.

34 minutes ago, eatsleep said:

Or is he partially disabled?

Do low IQ and lack of common sense qualify as disabilities?

34 minutes ago, eatsleep said:

Did he separate from the military before he could retire with 20 years?

I think so.

35 minutes ago, eatsleep said:

Was he dishonorably discharged?

Inquiring minds want to know.

• Love 6

By the way, some people in this forum can really write and should look for career in creative.   I won't mention names because I'll leave someone out but some of these posts are impressive and worthy of being on a magazine, a good magazine.

I send you all a hug.

• Love 16
41 minutes ago, eatsleep said:

Honestly I don't recall that well either but remember snarking to my hubs that Kalani looks much older . She's built like a brick sh**house! I think she's 19. Guessing now. Especially based on not holding onto virginity for another 10 years BC damn that's hard! 

19 hours ago, jumper sage said:

The guy that is older with the 3 girls and plans on marrying a well-to-do younger girl w/son:

Is this a possibility?   That well-to-do girl isn't part of the family; she isn't rich.  She's one of their live-in maids.  The wife just figured out that HER husband impregnated the maid and the little boy is his!

Buh-bye, live-in maid.

• Love 15
43 minutes ago, Kdawg82 said:

I've got a friend who "befriended" a bunch of DR people - resort workers . Called them her "friends." Visits the resort annually. Hooked up with one -a dancer of some kind at the resort. It sent up red flags for me.  Immediately I told her about this show (as she doesn't indulge in such crap TV) . I said beware.  Why many don't bring up possibilities of STDs and antibiotic resistant ones at that is beyond me. It's a scary world. You can just as easy find a local,  IMO. If someone is laying it on *THAT* thick and you've never experienced it at your local dive bar- even by some old man who frequents the place- you bet the foreign guy is looking for a ticket to U.S. Coincidence that Americans find the "love of their lives" at resorts like that. 

Maybe your friend can get on 90 Days! ? 

I don’t mind SINGLE people hooking up!  That is all great.  Hope they have fun! But, of course, be careful and don’t get scammed, pregnant or  catch something! These Americans are fresh, AF, with all that fake alcohol flowing! lol!

I am not going back to Jamaica.  Everything was just too slick for my taste at the resort. This is where we should feel the most protected and why we are paying good money for the week. It seems like  they just hire these kids and for some reason they feel the need to stalk  and scam guests. 

I have been to a bunch of places and not green to this nonsense.  I am also from the Caribbean so nothing about the different cultures/island life  is going to shock me, either.

I wonder if we are going to get a Mexican resort worker?? Mexicans are lovely people! 

• Love 5
51 minutes ago, eatsleep said:

I missed a lot but does Eric work now? Did he retire from the military with a full 20 years of honorable service? Or is he partially disabled? Did he separate from the military before he could retire with 20 years? Was he dishonorably discharged? Usually guys who retire that young (and 39-40 is really young) will receive a good pension and go on to find a whole other career, so they are living quite comfortably. 

A dishonorable discharge is basically a felony conviction. Most troops do one tour decide that the military life was for a season and move to their next career. Those who do make it to retirement generally start their second career, and a very few live off of their pension alone in the third world 

• Love 1
30 minutes ago, AmyBre said:

That's offensive to Tracee Ellis Ross.

Yes, Tracee Ellis Ross is MUCH better looking than what's her name.  

Is this a possibility?   That well-to-do girl isn't part of the family; she isn't rich.  She's one of their live-in maids.  The wife just figured out that HER husband impregnated the maid and the little boy is his!

Buh-bye, live-in maid.

I don't think SHE has maids and cooks, etc, I think HER PARENTS have them.  Besides, it's no big deal having a maid in a non first world country.  

Edited by Neurochick
  • Love 6
1 minute ago, Neurochick said:

Yes, Tracee Ellis Ross is MUCH better looking than what's her name.  

Tracee has a banging figure (and is 20-30 yrs older than Kalani!) But tracee has the crazy eyes...

IDK, Kalani was giving me early J-LO vibes.

• Love 1

That is a little......Catfishy!  Imagine if she wrote....I look like Tracee Ellis Ross on a dating app! Lol

I was getting RH Jersey Season 1 Jacqueline Laurita.  She also looks a lot like her baby daddy. They could be brother and sister. She is very pretty.  Her sister, too.

2747D29D-8E1D-4159-A925-96A15CF30C04.jpeg

CBCABB66-B87F-4E62-A093-482A2A9DAD59.png

9 hours ago, spankydoll said:

Clubbing every.night gets expensive. And if he's dabbling in cocaine here and there that really adds up. I was surprised.at.how basic the furniture and artwork is.at his tiny apartment  I don't think that either of those two are.capable of.setting up a household.  And I didn't even think about her being underage so.no clubs, no wine with dinner, no drinks, etc ..I hope that she enjoys going.to.the.gym!

He's dabbling in cocaine?

I'm just happy no one needs a language translation app to communicate with their fiance this season... proving my expectations are so low it doesn't take much to make me happy anymore.  But honestly, I'm quite pleased with the cast of characters. It's not a complete shit show- maybe just 60% shit show. This is a huge step up from the last 'Before the 90 Days'. 

I find Kalani not so bad.  She's young & idealistic but she speaks intelligently and she comes from a family with a nice home & a father who cares.  On this story, I think we'll witness her struggles integrating a simple village guy into her SoCal life and there won't be a ton of drama.  For all the other couples, oh yeah- it's going to be messy, ugly, and embarrassing for all of them.  Being an animal lover, I am hoping the entire season may be worth it when (I hope) Colt sends Larissa packing so he can go back to fawning over his cats. 

• Love 11
1 hour ago, AmyBre said:

That's offensive to Tracee Ellis Ross.

I don't think so.  Kalani is gorgeous. 

1 hour ago, Raja said:

Most troops do one tour decide that the military life was for a season and move to their next career.

Especially if their MOS is non-combat and teaches them a skilled trade like avionics.  There are lucrative jobs in the private sector for those guys... expect for Eric, apparently. 

• Love 9
5 hours ago, annewithaneee said:

Yeah, when Jay told his story of being raped as a child, I immediately thought of Chris Brown. Tyler Perry may have a similar story, if I remember that Oprah episode correctly.

I'm not sure exactly how this plays with race - I feel like it might, but that's all I can really say - but it's a very solid example of how toxic masculinity really hurts men and boys. Having an older woman prey on you as a child doesn't prove what a man you are, it means you were exposed to some really nasty trauma that needs to be confronted and worked through. I realize Jay didn't provide any specifics about who "took his virginity", and if it was an 8 year old girl it still ain't right (for both of them), but my hunch is it was an older person, and seeing someone grin and brag about their childhood sexual assault just makes me really, really sad. 

You and @Your Grace took the words out of my mouth. Thank you. 

• Love 4
On 10/22/2018 at 1:08 PM, SnarkEnthusiast said:

Not to be a thirsty, delusional American, but holy fuck, Fernanda is hot.

I think she looks great, but she's also 19 and has had plastic surgery. There's got to be something to the relationship besides that.

On 10/22/2018 at 8:17 AM, Granny58 said:

I have a feeling she will be a third child with her third "fiance."

I had to laugh at this. I have a cousin who does the same thing-- both of her baby daddies have been her "fiances." Never has there actually been a wedding, or any wedding planning, or any rings exchanged. This couple just made me miss Devar and Melanie, TBH.

On 10/22/2018 at 4:47 PM, silverspoons said:

There was a redesign of the singles wards about 5 years ago and all under 25's are suppose to go. Marriages happen so fast.

This whole comment was interesting to me. A good friend of mine, who is Mormon, held out until her early 30s to get married. She was in grad school, then waited to get tenure at her teaching job. Once she said she was ready, she was engaged within six weeks to a guy who proposed the first time they met in person. 

• Love 6
2 hours ago, Chickabiddy said:

See...these shows ARE Educational. None of us who partake in this dumpster fire would ever fall into that trap.

Oh yes! Combine it with all of you sassy posters here and there's even more to learn!!! Respect!

• Love 3
38 minutes ago, Cini said:

I don't think Leida is wealthy. I don't believe she lives in the "home" she showed.  As a matter of fact, I think that place isn't a home at all but a church hall / community center. I've never seen any home, leave alone a high-end home "decorated" with random items all along the perimeter of a room. That's an overflow area of a church. The kitchen was very church-function-hall looking too and the woman who looked slightly irritated when Leida came in videotaping, was probably annoyed because Leida was supposed to help and was putzing around instead.     Look at all the random stuff on the shelves and on the floor including two clothes racks. If you want to show off the mansion you supposedly live in, wouldn't you take footage of the living areas, maybe your bedroom, the park-like garden....rather than a storage area? 

Screen Shot 2018-10-22 at 5.39.14 AM.png

You are right, I accused them of being squaters in a defunct mall but your theory carries some weight.  I guess her personal chauffeur is really a church van and the servants are the people that volunteer to cater the church events.  

What's his name should not be so worried about this girls fancy life she is leaving behind, maybe he can rent a basement apartment to make her feel at home.

• Love 12
13 minutes ago, Baltimore Betty said:

You are right, I accused them of being squaters in a defunct mall but your theory carries some weight.  I guess her personal chauffeur is really a church van and the servants are the people that volunteer to cater the church events.  

What's his name should not be so worried about this girls fancy life she is leaving behind, maybe he can rent a basement apartment to make her feel at home.

Central Wisconsin, she can look forward to ice fishing and Friday fish fries.

• Love 5

So Eric said he was in the Marines for 8 years. So, from 18-26. If he’s 40, he got out 14 years ago. 2004- the Corps was doing everything they could to boost re-enlist lent back then... so why did Eric leave? Probably because he’s what we professionally refer to as a “shitbag”

• Love 13
2 minutes ago, Spike said:

Central Wisconsin, she can look forward to ice fishing and Friday fish fries.

I have experienced a fish fry in Milwaukee, I kinda loved it. 

The ice fishing will never be on my list of things to do unless a nice man with much baggage, unforseen issues an off center daughter/roommate, supportive ex wife and a really crappy apartment wants to take me ice fishing then I am all in, lol.

• Love 6
58 minutes ago, Cini said:

I don't think Leida is wealthy. I don't believe she lives in the "home" she showed.  As a matter of fact, I think that place isn't a home at all but a church hall / community center. I've never seen any home, leave alone a high-end home "decorated" with random items all along the perimeter of a room. That's an overflow area of a church. The kitchen was very church-function-hall looking too and the woman who looked slightly irritated when Leida came in videotaping, was probably annoyed because Leida was supposed to help and was putzing around instead.     Look at all the random stuff on the shelves and on the floor including two clothes racks. If you want to show off the mansion you supposedly live in, wouldn't you take footage of the living areas, maybe your bedroom, the park-like garden....rather than a storage area? 

Screen Shot 2018-10-22 at 5.39.14 AM.png

Omg! Thanks for the photo!  It really does look like a charity thrift shop Goodwill kinda place. She is probably living at a church shelter for Unwed Mothers. Look at that ceiling!  She called it a church.

This is her idea how RICH Americans live.  Well, the only thing she is gonna harvest with Eric is cockroaches! 

• Love 6
6 minutes ago, Baltimore Betty said:

The ice fishing will never be on my list of things to do unless a nice man with much baggage, unforseen issues an off center daughter/roommate, supportive ex wife and a really crappy apartment wants to take me ice fishing then I am all in, lol.

The more daring option is the fish boil.

• Love 1
6 hours ago, annewithaneee said:

Yeah, when Jay told his story of being raped as a child, I immediately thought of Chris Brown. Tyler Perry may have a similar story, if I remember that Oprah episode correctly.

Jay didn't "tell a story of being raped as a child," he just said he lost his virginity as a child. We don't have any details at all about what he means.

• Love 9
3 minutes ago, KateHearts said:

Jay didn't "tell a story of being raped as a child," he just said he lost his virginity as a child. We don't have any details at all about what he means.

Yes it could have been a peer.

• Love 3
On 10/22/2018 at 9:45 AM, LocalGovt said:

Clay = Colt, I think. :)

lol! I am horrible remembering names & usually make up nicknames. I was so proud of myself thinking I had remembered a real name. Oh well..glad you knew who I meant. 

On 10/22/2018 at 9:51 AM, lucy711 said:

It can take power a while to be restored sometimes.  He lives in North Carolina, and the East coast has a lot of old electricity infrastructure that needs to be upgraded (basically the 13 original colonies).    I can't speak specifically to his town, but I live in NJ, and it sometimes has taken 2 weeks for power to be restored after a nasty snow or windstorm.  It was 6 weeks for some people after Hurricane Sandy!  So the storm could have happened a day or two prior to his arrival at home.

I've never had power out after a storm for more than a few hours, but I live in the Phoenix area & very rarely even get rain.

• Love 2

These pictures of Leida are giving me life! She's not wealthy. She does not comport herself like a wealthy person. If she was born to wealth and a life of ease she wouldn't be so impressed with it. It would be normal. So she wouldn't be swanning around pointing out the "fancy" ceiling or the hugeness of the room. She also seems a little rough around the edges for someone who was to the manor born. She is grifting as hard as she can and I AM HERE FOR IT.

I'm Team Kalani. I think she's very pretty. I think she's very insecure and unsure of her place in the family. They may love her but they are lining up to tell her how badly she messed up and what a dummy she is. Its very possible that she has messed up and made some seriously bad decisions but she has a baby and if the daddy wants to try to make a go I think her cold unloving family should at least make an effort and support her. I just want to give her a hug. 

Real estate dude bro and his "fiery Latina" are going to be providing a great deal of entertainment. Have we met Jonathan's parents? Maybe they don't want their mugs on TV. Can't say I blame them. 

Edited by Pepper Mostly
  • Love 21
16 minutes ago, Baltimore Betty said:

Former Cheesehead here (although my husband tells me that being a cheesehead is something you never lose) and the one thing I really miss from Wisconsin (apart from great cheese curds) is the Friday fish fry.  I was really disappointed that other places don't have it.

As for the ice fishing - just tell him that you will meet him after at the bar.  Trust me, the biggest thing about ice fishing is going to the bar after.

• Love 7
21 minutes ago, hawkhd said:

So Eric said he was in the Marines for 8 years. So, from 18-26. If he’s 40, he got out 14 years ago. 2004- the Corps was doing everything they could to boost re-enlist lent back then... so why did Eric leave? Probably because he’s what we professionally refer to as a “shitbag”

Or like Iraq, I remember many reservist were suddenly thinking that they shouldn't get deployed. If he did his full enlistment there is no dishonor in not reenlisting because he was one of the unlucky ones when the war broke out. Since it is 2018 and we are still fighting do we hold all others not staying in for 30 years to some shitbag standard.

• Love 4

Holy cow. Y'all brought me out of lurker status to start commenting because this show is EVERYTHING.

Eric and Leida" As everyone has stated Eric is a rough looking 40 year old and is totally Dave Part 2. He seems incredibly pathetic and I'd love to grab a drink with his ex to learn what the hell that marriage was like. What the hell does he do for a living? You know, other than troll online for younger, foreign women. He's able to fly around the world to meet a stranger but he can't pay child support or have a decent place to live? Priorities.

I hope we learn why Leida is running from in Indonesia because I don't understand her attraction to Eric. 

Catman and Larissa: Colt seems genuinely sweet and a bit innocent. Larissa is clearly in it for the scam. This should be a fun couple to watch.

Jonathan and Fernanda: Jonathan seems like so many bros I went to college with and I had a visceral reaction when he popped on screen. Their Mexican hook up should have stayed that way. He wants a breathing blow up doll/arm candy and doesn't seem to give a single shit about Fernanda as a person. And she's too damn young to know shes more than a pair of new boobs and a flat stomach. Ugh. The fact that he brought her home and made no effort to clean up or organize before bringing her in tells me everything I need to know about him. DISASTER!

Ashley and Jay: I refuse to believe that this 20 year old is some sex god. PUH-LEESE. He's certainly a cutie pie (that smile!) and  clearly can charm the panties off any woman he wants but Casanova? I doubt it. I lost all sympathy with Ash when she stated that what happens in Jamaica with him is none of her business. Okay, sis so you are a willing participant in this charade. Cool. Enjoy seeing that clip played back at the reunion show!

Kalani and Asuelo: I'm really not sure what to say with this couple. It sure will be fun watching Asuelo have culture shock at leaving Samoa and coming to the US!

• Love 14
4 hours ago, AmyBre said:

I know models, real models (former Barbizon, Ford, etc).  Believe me, Paola ain't no model.  Anfisa much less.   There's an exercise and a nutrition regime that I didn't see in either of these young ladies.   For any profession, if you don't cover the basics of your profession, you are not going to make it.  I had a friend in High School and I vividly remember when he told us in 9th grade that he had seen an accident and had ran to help the lady and her bleeding wound.  I remember this kid explaining this as if was ready to walk into an operating room.  He had that selfless desire to help others and repair the world (Tikkum Olam).  Today he is a very good doctor.

The people that I see succeeding in their professional lives have had that from very early age, those instincts.    Paola and Anfisa didn't have that, much less exuded the confidence that real models do.

Paola isn't the brightest bulb in the box. A 30 year old model? Pas bien. Anfisa is a shark and seems quite bright. I think she will do quite well in business, hopefully she ditches dead weight prison Jorge. She needs anger management, hopefully she she has her temper and abusive nature under control as it may lead to her downfall.  Sorry this is wayyyy off topic.  I picture Larissa wanting to model and expecting her American love to foot the bill.

Edited by sainte-chapelle
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Raja said:

Or like Iraq, I remember many reservist were suddenly thinking that they shouldn't get deployed. If he did his full enlistment there is no dishonor in not reenlisting because he was one of the unlucky ones when the war broke out. Since it is 2018 and we are still fighting do we hold all others not staying in for 30 years to some shitbag standard.

I mean base housing is mostly nicer than the squalor he’s living in? 

• Love 1
7 hours ago, Chickabiddy said:

So, you're saying that I shouldn't respond to the 22 year old from Pakistan who just added me on Instagram, and said that I was his "dream woman" and that he wanted to get to know me to "see what happens"? 

Edited by Gigglepuff
  • Love 19