Type keyword(s) to search

Season 6 Discussion

Drogo
  • Start Topic

re Cole.  I like his voice.  It is measured and calming, very ASMR.  I hope it is intentional.  If, however, it reflects a non-empathetic personality, that will be a game changer.  

4 minutes ago, Pepper Mostly said:
2 hours ago, ChiMama said:

Did anyone else notice the SLOT MACHINE in the corner of Colt's mama's kitchen? It IS Vegas, I guess . . . 

Wow, they really are everywhere! 

LOL!

I really don't think Ashley's friend would make up a story about Jay cheating. Sure, she could be jealous, but the guy is a horn dog, and I think her friend is just looking out for her. Giving him a hall pass while he's still in Jamaica is weird. She seems to be certain he will cheat on her, thus she's giving herself an out vis-a-vis her self proclamation that she doesn't tolerate cheaters. SMH

• Love 5
13 hours ago, Gobi said:

That whole pantygate situation with Fernanda and Boobs R Us seems off to me. He said he had just moved his furniture from an apartment to the house. The first thing one does before moving furniture is empty the drawers (of drawers, in this instance). It's also much easier to move furniture when the drawers themselves are taken out (lighter,and you don't have to worry about the drawers sliding out).  I can't believe that he moved furniture from one place to another without noticing a drawer full of panties.

I left the stuff in my drawers when I moved.  It seemed like extra work to move them from one container to another and back again.

• Love 10
9 minutes ago, Pepper Mostly said:

Wow, they really are everywhere! 

I bet North Carolina Ken has been working in real estate for only a couple of years, and works for his uncle or his cousin. Before that he was a bartender, a DJ, a semi pro skateboarder, sold cell phones, Herbalife, time shares. No way a successful real estate agent doesn't have a nice house. 

This is what I thought! He watched Tony Robbins on Netflix and the following weekend he was attending a Realtor class! 

If he stops playing immature games with Fernanda and focus on his career he can be great. He is is a sicko.  He likes to make her jealous so she can ‘fight’ for him. 

Fernanda can also become a Realtor.  I can see her selling tons of houses. Then she can sell in Mexico. She is beautiful, loves lavish life and is a hustler! Their relationship is real, too.  The sky is the limit for them.

For some reason, Russ & Pao never got it together.  Pao only wanted to  model and be on Instagram. Russ spent years without a job. Anfisa would make a great Realtor, but Jorge spent too much time messing with her head and now he is in jail.

• Love 6

I think Larissa, or whatever her name is, looked at Colt and saw dollar signs $$$.

The man has a steady job, he lives with his mother.  Is the house paid for?  Colt has no kids, no ex wives, that means no alimony, no child support.  He only spends money on cat clothes (I once saw a woman on the subway with her cat, and the cat was wearing a suede jacket), I wouldn’t be surprised if he was well off.  I like his voice and with the facial hair, he kind or reminds me of Chris Evans.

• Love 10
4 hours ago, merylinkid said:

Although I am kinda okay with a dad kicking a 19 year old kid out.   Sometimes you gotta let them stand on their own two feet. 

He's kicking out someone who "split expenses" with him--more a peer than a 19-year-old kid.  I don't think he has any idea about finances or budgeting.  So...his daughter "stands on her own two feet," but NOW he has to pay ALL the expenses for himself and someone who may not even know how to open a refrigerator, empty a trash can, or clean a toilet.  His apartment looks perfect for this sad sack.

• Love 18
2 hours ago, Owwwww ma leg said:

I forgot that important deet, so then I guess it’s a common scenario in Jamaica. I have no idea, but still find it hard to comprehend.

No I don’t think it’s a common scenario in Jamaica at all. I was agreeing with you that it wasn’t common. 

(Love your screen name!)

1 hour ago, lucy711 said:

I have bad feelings about Ashley and the guy from Jamaica.  She is roughly the same age I am.  I am married (to a man my age), and I have a child.  There would be no way that I would consider marrying a 20 year old at this point.  We are in two very different stages of life.  A typical 20 year old in the USA is going through their carefree college days while I am "adulting."  I actually think it's a bit gross.  I used to teach 18 year old high school kids and I very much thought of them as "kids."  A 20 year old is in the same category!

Yeah. Even IF she didn’t have children, there’s a big social and emotional difference between 20 and 31, just like Jonathan and his fiancé. I get the “fling on vacation” (wrap it up!!) but you don’t turn your vacation D into a relationship. 

• Love 14

A nerdy guy who dresses his 3 cats.  And lives with his mother, the Good Cook.  Does he also run an off-the-beaten-path motel?

A party-hearty guy who shows his love via breast implants.  Better than flowers with his True Love, whose dance card he's been happily filling!

An old under-eye bags guy who values his children above all by booting them out for his inamorata. And her child.  

A Mormon Tracee Ellis Ross Wannabe who decided to put the (baby) carriage before a Green Card (patting myself on the back for getting millennium's awesome allusion to Margaret Mead!).  Why does her Samoan Swain remind me of Mary Kay Letourneau's  erstwhile Child Hubby Vili?

A blonde woman with a younger tattoo artist, who is sure women find him "beautiful." Word of advice, Skinny Grangela: Do NOT get his name tattooed on your, well,  anywhere. 

Whoever I've forgotten, that's okay; I'll catch them next episode!

After all,  nothing matters....except Angelo's Pizza! 

Edited by LennieBriscoe
  • Love 21

Jonathan and his girl with the purchased boobs - can't figure out which of them is worse. She is a gold digger and he is a guy with a trophy case, including former girlfriends' underwear. Yuck! There is no way he moved to a new home and didn't notice that drawer. Remember, idiot, when you move chests of drawers, you take the drawers out in order to move the chest more easily? Skeeze. Well, his new trophy has $$ in her eyes. I'm thinking he got his just desserts.

Kalani's gorgeous sister has an ugly personality and her snark is not helping anyone. Her dad's attitude that he has no interest in her fiance because he doesn't approve is not "protecting" her, but is surely going to cause problems. Family Kalani needs to step up and offer some emotional support as this new little family already exists and doesn't need their badmouthing.

Leida's nastiness about the child support is really unforgivable. I don't care that it's not customary in Indonesia. She's a selfish twit. If her family has so much money, why should she care? Because maybe she has been cut off? Or their wealth is not so fabulous after all by U.S. standards? I can hardly wait to see what I'm sure is going to be a long running argument about the lack of maids. His sending her to bed was hilarious.

• Love 11

I'm sure Leida set up a story to make known her expectations once in the U.S. Like "seriously I'm not going to lift a finger so don't count on a foreign servant to come into your life. I GET the service, beyatch!" Yeah- sure. As stated MANY times , If she's well off in Indo then why move to U.S.? "Because it's THE U.S.!" was his daughter's excuse. Hmmm.. sure because we don't have poverty here or unemployed individuals or people living in run down housing??- Yes, most people willing to work & with opportunities can live well on not a lot of $, considering a major illness or other life event doesn't kick you in the teeth! But the expectations of these people are pretty astounding . To ask someone to shell out $2k for a flight 2 weeks sooner in Larissa's case - INSANE! I enjoyed Pole 2.0's well articulated rebuttle to her demands. He may be odd but what he lacks in "normalcy " he makes up for in articulating good points. Dudebro baseball realtor is "attractive" on paper but less mature than Pole 2.0 (AKA Colt). And I like how there was a presumable power outage and they wanted to shower (in his words- together) & it didn't occur to him or her there wouldn't be hot water in said shower . Wtf . He couldn't be bothered to get a bed or clean up?! What a loser who thinks he's a winner! Jamaican guy and blondie- I agree that "putting kids first" is the LAST thing she has experience in. Someone help those girls!

• Love 13
10 hours ago, Birdee said:

This is my first season of straight-up 90 Day Fiance and I gotta say, TLC keeps finding winners. 

Colt's awkwardness really makes me worry for him and reminds me of my nephew who is on the Autism Spectrum. I really wish he'd dump Larissa, buy his cat a nice evening gown and take her out on the town with the money he'll save from cancelling the ticket. I know that won't happen, but I can hope.

This is the only acceptable answer. And I'm going to need to see the receipts for the whole doctor AND model thing. 

As for the other two Americans, I think they're going to get exactly what's coming to them. And I'm going to love watching it. 

I am seriously in TEARS here! " ...buy his cat a nice evening gown and take her out on the town....." ????

Edited by LennieBriscoe
  • LOL 1
  • Love 7

another thing about North Carolina Ken- If he was totally insistent (that he mentioned it several times) that Mexican Boob barbie wanted to buy all new furniture for the house why would he move an old dresser there from an old apt that was so old that he never even has used it for several years?  Just donate it or trash it.  Something doesn't add up there; especially for a dresser that he hasn't touched for years , never opened the drawers to move it to his fake house , and the first drawer Mexican boob barbie opens, the undies are magically on top as the first thing she sees?  She may be an immature 19 year old, but I don't fault her for that.....she left everything, trusted him to come here, the journey was long and she jsut wants to sleep and she's just opening something and there is another woman's underpants.  Which he tries to explain away as first, they are yours, don't you remember???? and then , you have guy clothes at your house (her family home where there are presumably uncles or brothers living there.)  I don't fault her for being mad.

Edited by doyouevengohere
  • Love 17
22 hours ago, DaphneCat said:

My impression was, he originally purchased her a ticket but she couldn't take that flight as her visa had not arrived.  Rather than change the ticket to a day or two later and take the chance that her visa might not arrive in time again - necessitating a second flight change (thus incurring a second change fee) he chose to change it to two weeks out on the assumption that that was enough time for her visa to arrive.  Once she got her visa, she expected him to change it so she could fly immediately.  I believe he thought this was an extravagance after having already paid one change fee and refused to do it.

Just as an F.Y.I. (I worked for a major commercial airline for more than 20 years); when you change your outbound flight, the entire ticket is recalculated at whatever fare applies to the new departure date (and return date, for round trip travel), in effect on the date you make the change. Your old ticket *might* be able to be used as credit towards the cost of the new ticket -  if the rules of the fare on the original ticket allow it. If the original ticket was a non-refundable type, usually you would lose the value of that ticket completely.

If the type of fare you purchased for the original itinerary does NOT restrict applying its value to a new ticket, and that fare is still being offered, AND you meet all the requirements for that fare for your new travel date(s), (booking the new itinerary X-# days in advance and/or traveling on the days of the week on which that fare applies, and/or staying over a Saturday night), and IF there are still tickets available at that rate on your desired flight(s), then you'd be able to make the changes and only pay a service charge ("change fee") and any difference in fare (for example, if there was a general fare increase between the time you purchased the ticket for the original itinerary and the date you changed the itinerary to new dates, you'd have to pay the difference).

In most cases, making changes to an itinerary and paying just a service charge ("change fee") applies only to changes made to the return flight of a round trip ticket (as long as the change you make means you're still eligible for that fare, i.e; you're still staying over a Saturday night, and/or traveling on certain days of the week, if the fare requires those things).

It sounded to me like the date Larissa wanted Colt to change her ticket to would no longer qualify for the same fare (not booking the new date(s) the  number of days in advance required for that fare). So Colt would have had to purchase a whole new ticket at a much higher price, forfeiting what he'd paid for the first ticket. Whereas if he delayed her new departure  14 days, he would qualify for the same type of fare as the original ticket, and the fare paid for the original itinerary would allow him to apply the value of the old ticket to the new, paying only a service charge and perhaps a small difference in fare. 

• Love 8
On 10/21/2018 at 10:04 PM, Kazzy25 said:

I already hate Larissa with the fire of a thousand suns. She’s awful. Poor Colt; I really hope he wakes up and winds up not marrying her. But he doesn’t seem like the brightest bulb so...

Hopefully she does the BJ so Colt gets something out of the deal. 

On 10/21/2018 at 11:11 PM, Frozendiva said:

What sort of job does Eric have? I have no idea what rent in that part of Wisconsin is - for a decent apartment here you are looking at around $1000 or so for a one-bedroom. A newer 2 bedroom about $1500 or so. And some places much higher. How little does he make or what kind of debt does he have in that he cannot afford his own place?

He's not spending it on eye cream or Pledge

• LOL 2
  • Love 15
3 hours ago, Neurochick said:

I think Larissa, or whatever her name is, looked at Colt and saw dollar signs $$$.

The man has a steady job, he lives with his mother.  Is the house paid for?  Colt has no kids, no ex wives, that means no alimony, no child support.  He only spends money on cat clothes (I once saw a woman on the subway with her cat, and the cat was wearing a suede jacket), I wouldn’t be surprised if he was well off.  I like his voice and with the facial hair, he kind or reminds me of Chris Evans.

You heard it here first: he will turn out to have a really mean streak.

• Useful 1
  • Love 7
8 hours ago, Kdawg82 said:

But the expectations of these people are pretty astounding .

That is because every skype call involves no deep conversation about things that matter, the guy wants to be portrayed as a hero and I'm sure every conversation is peppered with phrases like, "I love you my Queen," "I will buy you what ever you want, my Queen," "How much money do you need this week my dear, my Queen?" "I can't wait till you are here with me, my Queen." Subtext, I will get you here if I have to sell my plasma just so I can have sex with you.

Then the conversation gets drastically different when said Queen arrives, "I don't have that kind of money, my Queen," "I can't afford to bring your entire family here, my Queen," No, that is not how it works here in the US, my Queen, I have to leave the house to go to work so you can live in the manner in which you want to become accustomed to, my Queen," "Why did you trash my house and key my car, my Queen?" "I'm sorry you are bored and lonely and hate my tiny beat up apartment, my Queen." 

And so it goes, same song, different season.

• Love 21
13 hours ago, bichonblitz said:

He said he lives in Lumberton, NC. Regardless of the state, at 32 yrs. old if he was a successful (heck, I'll go for decent) realtor he would be able to afford a nicer home. Being that he was able to move so quickly I guess he is still a renter. Nothing wrong with renting but I don't know many realtors that do. They come across great deals all the time so this guy must not be very motivated. Except to spend money on boobies, of course. 

Clubbing every.night gets expensive. And if he's dabbling in cocaine here and there that really adds up. I was surprised.at.how basic the furniture and artwork is.at his tiny apartment  I don't think that either of those two are.capable of.setting up a household.  And I didn't even think about her being underage so.no clubs, no wine with dinner, no drinks, etc ..I hope that she enjoys going.to.the.gym!

• Love 10
11 hours ago, Neurochick said:

I like his voice and with the facial hair, he kind or reminds me of Chris Evans.

Thanks Neurochick, I felt like a real outlier here.  Yes, I could see Chris Evans.  He could be really attractive if he would get back into better shape.  Of course, attractive is not the only requirement but it sure does help.  

• Love 1
5 minutes ago, Granny58 said:

Thanks Neurochick, I felt like a real outlier here.  Yes, I could see Chris Evans.  He could be really attractive if he would get back into better shape.  Of course, attractive is not the only requirement but it sure does help.  

Are we talking about Colt? If so I agree. Colt doesn’t have bad features, and he’s quite tall. Unfortunately he has a weak chin and the type of face that doesn’t carry weight well. In that aspect he reminds me of Danny of Danny Jones Fitness (he’s a male fitness model), at his heavier weight he was nothing to look at, but once his face and body got cut he got 100s of thousands of followers on Instagram!

• Love 3
19 hours ago, Dance4Life said:

Eric & Leida- Most Desperate

(Find them repulsive....Even more so than Annie and Penguin) Sorry, but that daughter is 19.  If she can’t make it in the real world.....then she can join the Marines like her daddy.  You get a twin bed, a mess pass and some spending money! Most important......away from Step-Monster Wealthy Leida)

I agree which puts us in the minority here. Eric can still love and parent his daughter if she moves out. How long is Dad supposed to not get remarried or cohabitate in a relationship to suit an adult 19 yo child? The daughter knew they were getting more serious, the k1 doesn’t happen in a week. My Spidey senses say this child is more about causing friction so her parents will get back together rather than finding a new place to live. It drives me crazy when adult children try to manipulate their parents. 

That said Leidi is no prize . 

• Love 3
44 minutes ago, Scarlett45 said:

Are we talking about Colt? If so I agree. Colt doesn’t have bad features, and he’s quite tall. Unfortunately he has a weak chin and the type of face that doesn’t carry weight well. In that aspect he reminds me of Danny of Danny Jones Fitness (he’s a male fitness model), at his heavier weight he was nothing to look at, but once his face and body got cut he got 100s of thousands of followers on Instagram!

Yes, Colt.  He intruiges me.  I am waiting to see if he is just a calm guy who won't be pushed around or else on the spectrum and unable to emotionally connect.  

• Love 2
9 hours ago, Toaster Strudel said:

If the code they showed on his screen his actual work... then he's merely coding web page formatting in CSS.

I'm just quoting him--"my name is Colt, I live in Las Vegas, Nevada, and I'm a software engineer." I'm fairly sure someone from production sat him in front of a computer and said "we're shooting some B roll here, Colt, so just sit here and type something that looks tech-y".

• Love 8

Kalani (AKA Moana) reminds me a little of my sister . This attitude of when she is on good terms with someone, EVERYONE must be all on board or we are the bad guys. Vice versa when the guy/person is on bad terms with her. We all have to be agreeable and placate her or she throws a tantrum . I think it has to do with the way she was raised but everyone Is always along for HER ride and whatever you do- don't rock the boat . I have a distant relationship w my sister though and would never cry or get invested in her to that level of stress on myself. She's a little "off." Also surprised about Mormonism bc her father said "ass" and has a pretty secular attitude in general. She curses and acts as an average woman. They are different from other mormons I've seen on this very show. I don't mind her that much but I hope she's not high maintenance RE her family. At this point though they need to accept what Is bc the dude is baby's father. I did with my sis bc nothing you can do at this point.  It's their relationship. As long as she doesn't take my $ or live with me, I can show support and keep mouth shut.  These types do what they want anyway and are bad at taking advice which they perceive as criticism.

• Love 3
39 minutes ago, Pepper Mostly said:

I'm just quoting him--"my name is Colt, I live in Las Vegas, Nevada, and I'm a software engineer." I'm fairly sure someone from production sat him in front of a computer and said "we're shooting some B roll here, Colt, so just sit here and type something that looks tech-y".

Most tech employers would also frown heartily at "let someone take photos of your work in progress" so "random screen of CSS" seems right.

• Love 9
1 hour ago, Alonzo Mosely FBI said:

I agree which puts us in the minority here. Eric can still love and parent his daughter if she moves out. How long is Dad supposed to not get remarried or cohabitate in a relationship to suit an adult 19 yo child? The daughter knew they were getting more serious, the k1 doesn’t happen in a week. My Spidey senses say this child is more about causing friction so her parents will get back together rather than finding a new place to live. It drives me crazy when adult children try to manipulate their parents. 

That said Leidi is no prize . 

We are going to see how they play out because my first impression was, WOW!  This family is so rehearsed in their roles. Everyone is too good to be true .  They are going to speak their mind and it is not going to be pretty.

I agree and could not be happier daughter is staying for TV’s sakes.    But, she sure is a cringey little thing.  LOL

Them and Cat Dad are the ones I am excited to watch.  I love me a good Annie + Penguin part 2 and what kind of Brazilian girl a guy that lives with his mom can pull! LMAO

• Love 3
19 hours ago, Ijustwantsomechips said:

Not to be a thirsty, delusional American, but holy fuck, Fernanda is hot.

You need to get your eyes checked.  That girl is fugly and her personality doesn't help her at all.   I've noticed that many American men and women, find ordinary faces "hot" or "very pretty" on account of them just being foreign.   In her own country, Fernanda is a 5 at or a 6 at the most.   In my opinion, she is not hot and rather "ordinary" as my mother used to say.

• Love 4

Losing your virginity at eight years old is called child molestation.  I don't think Jay experienced some childhood playing doctor scenario that he's playing up, I actually have little doubt that something overtly sexual happened to him with an older teen or woman.  (Example - Chris Brown) Like Chris Brown the world the Jay lives in downplays the actual trauma of that type of abuse on a little boy and instead tells him that this is the type of thing that men do.  

I would not say that this is common in Af-Am or other black communities (and of course it's not acceptable) but I would also not say it's unheard of.  (Because abuse happens everywhere.)  I would not be surprised if some older male relative had someone abuse him because toxic masculinity and the idea that this is how you make men out of little boys.  True story* - One of my guy friends - Ace - told me that the father of another friend -Bob- had shown their group of friends porn when they were kids.  Ace, Bob and the rest were probably ten or eleven but Bob had a little brother that was about eight and Bob's little brother would freak out and cry because he couldn't process what was happening. 10/11 is obviously too young for porn but Ace seemed to laugh it off as if it didn't affect him much.  Bob's dad also told them not to drink from straws because that was gay.

* names changed to protect the innocent.

• Love 13
On 10/22/2018 at 11:00 AM, Scarlett45 said:
  On 10/22/2018 at 9:46 AM, AZChristian said:

That underwear in the drawer at Jonathan's new house is his.  There's no other reason that women's underwear would be in a house he just moved into.  He "pinged" for me before they even showed the house

That underwear in the drawer couldn't have been more staged.   OK, let's analyze the scene.  This young lady flies in at night and is tired and before going to the kitchen or taking her shoes off, even without opening her own luggage to start unpacking, she walks directly into that joker's dresser and the very first drawer she opens just happens to have some girl's red lingerie.   Usually, after a long flight, people have a shower or something to eat or maybe a walk around the house, if visiting a friend for the first time.

Joker has been anticipating this girl's arrival and couldn't clean/tidy up his place, but let's discuss that separately.   Out of all the items in his apartment, she had to walk in a straight line directly to the dresser.   I wish TLC and Sharp would put a little bit more effort into their scripting, out of respect for the viewers.   

I swear, the #1 reason I'm growing more and more disillusioned of this shit-show is because of the producers meddling and setting people up in fake situations just to prove cliches or create "wow" moments.

• Love 12
On 10/22/2018 at 9:51 AM, CoachWristletJen said:

Maybe she's afraid of what she might ask his ex before marrying him?

That actually happened to me.  My ex was getting married to someone else, probably 15 years ago now, and she kept asking questions about what he'd been like before.  It's a long story, this one, and I won't regale anyone with the whole deal here.  But the Reader's Digest version is, after his suicide attempt (by carbon monoxide), he wasn't the same guy I'd married and after ten years, we divorced.  I told her I could only give her my experience with him before and after the event, but that five years after our divorce, he was a different person for whom I couldn't attest to anything.  Didn't stop her from continuing to ask.

• Love 3
15 hours ago, lucy711 said:

I have bad feelings about Ashley and the guy from Jamaica.  She is roughly the same age I am.  I am married (to a man my age), and I have a child.  There would be no way that I would consider marrying a 20 year old at this point.  We are in two very different stages of life.  A typical 20 year old in the USA is going through their carefree college days while I am "adulting."  I actually think it's a bit gross.  I used to teach 18 year old high school kids and I very much thought of them as "kids."  A 20 year old is in the same category!

She seems emotionally stunted tho. So maybe they are on the same level emotionally? All that stuff about she doesn't expect him to "totally behave" or whatever sounds so juvenile!

• Love 4
12 hours ago, TwirlyGirly said:

Just as an F.Y.I. (I worked for a major commercial airline for more than 20 years); when you change your outbound flight, the entire ticket is recalculated at whatever fare applies to the new departure date (and return date, for round trip travel), in effect on the date you make the change. Your old ticket *might* be able to be used as credit towards the cost of the new ticket -  if the rules of the fare on the original ticket allow it. If the original ticket was a non-refundable type, usually you would lose the value of that ticket completely.

If the type of fare you purchased for the original itinerary does NOT restrict applying its value to a new ticket, and that fare is still being offered, AND you meet all the requirements for that fare for your new travel date(s), (booking the new itinerary X-# days in advance and/or traveling on the days of the week on which that fare applies, and/or staying over a Saturday night), and IF there are still tickets available at that rate on your desired flight(s), then you'd be able to make the changes and only pay a service charge ("change fee") and any difference in fare (for example, if there was a general fare increase between the time you purchased the ticket for the original itinerary and the date you changed the itinerary to new dates, you'd have to pay the difference).

In most cases, making changes to an itinerary and paying just a service charge ("change fee") applies only to changes made to the return flight of a round trip ticket (as long as the change you make means you're still eligible for that fare, i.e; you're still staying over a Saturday night, and/or traveling on certain days of the week, if the fare requires those things).

It sounded to me like the date Larissa wanted Colt to change her ticket to would no longer qualify for the same fare (not booking the new date(s) the  number of days in advance required for that fare). So Colt would have had to purchase a whole new ticket at a much higher price, forfeiting what he'd paid for the first ticket. Whereas if he delayed her new departure  14 days, he would qualify for the same type of fare as the original ticket, and the fare paid for the original itinerary would allow him to apply the value of the old ticket to the new, paying only a service charge and perhaps a small difference in fare. 

TWIRLYGIRL, you've just reminded me why I'm SO glad I don't do reservations for Delta anymore!

• Love 4
23 hours ago, Dance4Life said:

Sorry Larissa.  There is no more money for your ticket change fee.  It was all spent on cute dresses for the CATS! 

That is Paola right there!  The town won’t be good enough and she will make him move to Miami to become a MODEL! 

If Larissa is ‘wealthy’ she should be able to get her own place with Eric.  

Larissa is not wealthy.   Wealthy people don't get married via 90-day visas.   Wealthy people rarely get married out of their social circles or out of their parents' radars.   If Larissa was wealthy and wanted to come to the US and be with a demented Manchild, she would pull out her own credit card and buy a ticket, spend a weekend and dance circles around him and then split and never see him again.

In some countries where poverty is the norm and the majority of the people are poor or working class, those slightly above are often incorrectly labeled as "rich".  These families may have a nicer car (often bought on credit) and may go on vacation to foreign places (often on credit as well).   To the rest of the neighborhood, these families "appear rich" but in fact are far from it.

Don't confuse "acting rich" or "appearing rich" with actually being rich, much less wealthy.

On a related subject, Larissa is so immature she shouldn't be allowed to board a plane.  I also think she's a sex worker or soft hooker in her beginning stages.   Not as seasoned as Abby but on her way there.    Give it a couple of episode and you'll see her true colors.

• Love 12
4 hours ago, spankydoll said:

Clubbing every.night gets expensive. And if he's dabbling in cocaine here and there that really adds up. I was surprised.at.how basic the furniture and artwork is.at his tiny apartment  I don't think that either of those two are.capable of.setting up a household.  And I didn't even think about her being underage so.no clubs, no wine with dinner, no drinks, etc ..I hope that she enjoys going.to.the.gym!

Wait, cocaine?? Did someone say that?

1 hour ago, Kdawg82 said:

Kalani (AKA Moana) reminds me a little of my sister . This attitude of when she is on good terms with someone, EVERYONE must be all on board or we are the bad guys. Vice versa when the guy/person is on bad terms with her. We all have to be agreeable and placate her or she throws a tantrum . I think it has to do with the way she was raised but everyone Is always along for HER ride and whatever you do- don't rock the boat . I have a distant relationship w my sister though and would never cry or get invested in her to that level of stress on myself. She's a little "off." Also surprised about Mormonism bc her father said "ass" and has a pretty secular attitude in general. She curses and acts as an average woman. They are different from other mormons I've seen on this very show. I don't mind her that much but I hope she's not high maintenance RE her family. At this point though they need to accept what Is bc the dude is baby's father. I did with my sis bc nothing you can do at this point.  It's their relationship. As long as she doesn't take my $ or live with me, I can show support and keep mouth shut.  These types do what they want anyway and are bad at taking advice which they perceive as criticism.

Can someone explain why her father kept mentioning that he had worked hard for 30 years and did not want someone coming along and messing something up? What exactly could Asuelu mess up for Low. Low did his job raising his kids; when he dies, they'll get what he has left. What is Asuelu going to mess up for him? Explain?

1 minute ago, AmyBre said:

Larissa is not wealthy.   Wealthy people don't get married via 90-day visas.   Wealthy people rarely get married out of their social circles or out of their parents' radars.   

Right. And in the case of Leida, money or no money, her status is diminished greatly bc she has a child and no husband and her financial position could be as well. Banks might not lend to her, etc. Anyone know anything about Indonesian culture? I have heard that most Indonesian women work but their husbands "allow" them to keep all of the money they make and spend it how they like. I think the cost of living there is very high.

• Love 4
On 10/22/2018 at 12:04 PM, Birdee said:

This is my first season of straight-up 90 Day Fiance and I gotta say, TLC keeps finding winners. 

Colt's awkwardness really makes me worry for him and reminds me of my nephew who is on the Autism Spectrum. I really wish he'd dump Larissa, buy his cat a nice evening gown and take her out on the town with the money he'll save from cancelling the ticket. I know that won't happen, but I can hope.

Birdee, TLC spends a lot of times picking from the bottom of the barrel.   People with issues, clingy people (Darcy, Nicole), crazy people (Paul).  People with no prospects and no lives.   Dumb men who go on a vacation/sex tourism and then come back so lovestruck that they fly back and propose, something that takes them years to do with women in their US cities.

Larissa will soon run into money issues with Colt when she realizes that NOT all white men in America are loaded with money and disposable incomes.   I assure you, this is the mentality of most foreign women looking for fat cats, perpetuated by instagram and Facebook feeds.   A girl like Larissa, like Paola, has needs to go to beauty parlor, to get her nails done on a regular weekly or bi-weekly basis.   But she hasn't talked about getting a job or covering her own expenses or contributing to the household expenses.    These are things a real mature couple discusses before taking such a huge step.   Colt cannot afford that sugar daddy lifestyle.   They are not having a frank/adult conversation about money and priorities, and that will soon explode into an argument.

Edited by AmyBre
  • Love 8
11 minutes ago, AmyBre said:

Birdee, TLC spends a lot of times picking from the bottom of the barrel.   People with issues, clingy people (Darcy, Nicole), crazy people (Paul).  People with no prospects and no lives.   Dumb man who go on a vacation/sex tourism and then come back so lovestruck that they fly back and propose, something that takes them years to do with women in their US cities.

Larissa will soon run into money issues with Colt when she realizes that NOT all white men in America are loaded with money and disposable incomes.   I assure you, this is the mentality of most foreign women looking for fat cats, perpetuated by instagram and Facebook feeds.   A girl like Larissa, like Paola, has needs to go to beauty parlor, to get her nails done on a regular weekly or bi-weekly basis.   But she hasn't talk about getting a job or covering her own expenses or contributing to the household expenses.    These are things a real mature couple discusses before taking such a huge step.   Colt cannot afford that sugar daddy lifestyle.   They are not having a frank/adult conversation about money and priorities, and that will soon explode into an argument.

But in fairness, Pao wanted a "kreeer." Cassia and Anfisa are currently enrolled in college. Alla went to cosmetology school. I genuinely wonder how many of these foreign fiancee women are looking for the sugar daddy (and to never work) or are looking for better opportunities? Did they only decide to work and go to school when they arrived in the US and saw the streets weren't exactly paved in gold?

Edited by eatsleep
  • Love 2
43 minutes ago, Your Grace said:

Losing your virginity at eight years old is called child molestation.  I don't think Jay experienced some childhood playing doctor scenario that he's playing up, I actually have little doubt that something overtly sexual happened to him with an older teen or woman.  (Example - Chris Brown) Like Chris Brown the world the Jay lives in downplays the actual trauma of that type of abuse on a little boy and instead tells him that this is the type of thing that men do.  

I would not say that this is common in Af-Am or other black communities (and of course it's not acceptable) but I would also not say it's unheard of.  (Because abuse happens everywhere.)  I would not be surprised if some older male relative had someone abuse him because toxic masculinity and the idea that this is how you make men out of little boys.  True story* - One of my guy friends - Ace - told me that the father of another friend -Bob- had shown their group of friends porn when they were kids.  Ace, Bob and the rest were probably ten or eleven but Bob had a little brother that was about eight and Bob's little brother would freak out and cry because he couldn't process what was happening. 10/11 is obviously too young for porn but Ace seemed to laugh it off as if it didn't affect him much.  Bob's dad also told them not to drink from straws because that was gay.

* names changed to protect the innocent.

Yeah, when Jay told his story of being raped as a child, I immediately thought of Chris Brown. Tyler Perry may have a similar story, if I remember that Oprah episode correctly.

I'm not sure exactly how this plays with race - I feel like it might, but that's all I can really say - but it's a very solid example of how toxic masculinity really hurts men and boys. Having an older woman prey on you as a child doesn't prove what a man you are, it means you were exposed to some really nasty trauma that needs to be confronted and worked through. I realize Jay didn't provide any specifics about who "took his virginity", and if it was an 8 year old girl it still ain't right (for both of them), but my hunch is it was an older person, and seeing someone grin and brag about their childhood sexual assault just makes me really, really sad. 

• Love 9
6 minutes ago, eatsleep said:

Can someone explain why her father kept mentioning that he had worked hard for 30 years and did not want someone coming along and messing something up? What exactly could Asuelu mess up for Low. Low did his job raising his kids; when he dies, they'll get what he has left. What is Asuelu going to mess up for him? Explain?

I think what the father did was work to achieve a status of middle to upper middle class for his family. He encouraged them to date white men (Kalani always went for "gingers and Jews"). To remain at the same level or better, you need to marry into a family that's the same wealth-wise.  It's just how it is. By Kalani marrying this man, it's a setback to what her father established for his daughter.  Family can only give you so much after they pass on and it will be divided between sisters . I doubt they have multiple properties and then there's always inheritance tax. So it was important to the dad to see his daughter marry same or marry up. Now she's with a guy who doesn't know that a child needs to stay in a car seat while in motion and that ground beef is for sale in supermarkets.  *I am not elitist snob- only understand this mentality. I neither approve nor disapprove this message .

• Love 10
2 hours ago, AmyBre said:

Larissa is not wealthy.   Wealthy people don't get married via 90-day visas.   Wealthy people rarely get married out of their social circles or out of their parents' radars.   If Larissa was wealthy and wanted to come to the US and be with a demented Manchild, she would pull out her own credit card and buy a ticket, spend a weekend and dance circles around him and then split and never see him again.

In some countries where poverty is the norm and the majority of the people are poor or working class, those slightly above are often incorrectly labeled as "rich".  These families may have a nicer car (often bought on credit) and may go on vacation to foreign places (often on credit as well).   To the rest of the neighborhood, these families "appear rich" but in fact are far from it.

Don't confuse "acting rich" or "appearing rich" with actually being rich, much less wealthy.

On a related subject, Larissa is so immature she shouldn't be allowed to board a plane.  I also think she's a sex worker or soft hooker in her beginning stages.   Not as seasoned as Abby but on her way there.    Give it a couple of episode and you'll see her true colors.

I messed up.  ‘Wealthy Larissa’ was meant to be ‘Wealthy Leida.’  We are all calling her that to make fun of her.  We know she is not wealthy.

I mean, her partner is Eric! Like I wrote before, Eric has to be the bottom 5 in the entire franchise.  (Danielle, Nicole, Pole, Penguin and Eric). 

Yes, I agree. Larissa and Leida are both sex workers! Lol

• Love 6