Type keyword(s) to search

Season 6 Discussion

Drogo
  • Start Topic

1 hour ago, AZChristian said:

That underwear in the drawer at Jonathan's new house is his.  There's no other reason that women's underwear would be in a house he just moved into.  He "pinged" for me before they even showed the house.

I think he may just like to crossdress. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 11
13 hours ago, endure said:

So I did hear that right, honestly the statement made no sense.  Besides he looks to old to join the forces ~ was he going as an army of one to fight ISIS lol?

He probably dreams of being a mercenary. Probably reads all his back issues of "Soldier of Fortune" magazine and envisions himself striding through the forest/desert/mountains, firing his AK and blowing people to smithereens.

10 hours ago, ChiCricket said:

Wait..is that what they said his job was? I got the impression he just repaired electronics in his mommy's basement.

Colt is a software engineer.

4 hours ago, Gobi said:

That whole pantygate situation with Fernanda and Boobs R Us seems off to me. He said he had just moved his furniture from an apartment to the house. The first thing one does before moving furniture is empty the drawers (of drawers, in this instance). It's also much easier to move furniture when the drawers themselves are taken out (lighter,and you don't have to worry about the drawers sliding out).  I can't believe that he moved furniture from one place to another without noticing a drawer full of panties.

He was too busy stocking his fridge with beer and buying condoms amirite, dude!? Woohoo! PARTY!! BOOBIES!!

2 hours ago, Spike said:

i was getting deja vu regarding a blonde from PA importing a Jamaican party boy she met on vacation.  And the large friend seems to be playing the brusque sister role.

Heh. Except somehow I don't think Mr Heavy Sack will be attending school for a high risk, well paying trade, as Devar did in his pursuit of a credential in underwater welding. (was that what it was? I know it was something that sounded crazy dangerous) Call me a cynic if you must.

1 hour ago, nr65000 said:

So far Eric's ex-wife is the star of the series for me.  She was calm, reasonable and brought up some very valid points without undue drama.  I don't understand why Eric would bring up Leida (sp?) not wanting him to pay child support in FRONT OF HIS CHILD?  Is he trying to make sure this child starts out resenting her (not to mention ex-wife)?  Also, she is a mother herself who why would she want a man that doesn't feel obliged to support his children.  Something is off there.  I also agree with the ex-wife wondering why she is coming from what looks like a very comfortable life, to live with this shlubby old dude in a beat up apartment.  Just cause "MERICA??  I think he's gross and the way he is treating his daughters is disgusting.  I suppose he would say he's "putting his kids first" along with the rest of these idiots.  

Just wait till Mr. American Patriot finds out Indonesia is a majority Muslim country.

Eric's ex got out so now she can afford to be generous.

1 hour ago, Cementhead said:

Speaking of, do we know if we have any scammers/fakers a la Angela and Darcey & Jesse in this new batch?  I'm guessing we do.  We always do.

Leida is the scammer. As many others have already pointed out, she no more lives in that palatial mansion than I do. She latched on to pathetic old Eric with a quickness. She can't be choosy.

• Love 23

Leida and Eric needed to be on Before 90 Days because we neeed more info on her life in Indonesia.

She is so extra I wouldn’t be surprised if they set this up to be on TV show.  The ex wife was also playing her role perfectly.  

We we all need to get along!  WTF?

Leida is coming with a WHOLE kid!  Are we sure that is not her little brother?  

Leida is Ok with your daughter getting kicked to the curb.

Leida is Ok with the other one starving because she is about to cut off your child support.

I would sleep with my Ex husband.  Take photos. Film.  Send that to Leida!  Reveal embarrasing things about him.  Anything for her not to come to USA. LMAO

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
42 minutes ago, Baltimore Betty said:

I know I say this at least once a season but...I love you, all of you.  

The only reason I watch this shit show is because of all the snark that is written by the best people I never met!

@Baltimore Betty: So are we getting hitched this season or not? And speaking of our open marriage plans, where did our beloved @Toaster Strudel go? I sadly missed her last season end recap!

• Love 10
9 minutes ago, Dance4Life said:

Leida and Eric needed to be on Before 90 Days because we neeed more info on her life in Indonesia.

She is so extra I wouldn’t be surprised if they set this up to be on TV show.  The ex wife was also playing her role perfectly.  

We we all need to get along!  WTF?

Leida is coming with a WHOLE kid!  Are we sure that is not her little brother?  

Leida is Ok with your daughter getting kicked to the curb.

Leida is Ok with the other one starving because she is about to cut off your child support.

I would sleep with my Ex husband.  Take photos. Film.  Send that to Leida!  Reveal embarrasing things about him.  Anything for her not to come to USA. LMAO

For some reason that ^ (bolded) made me laugh uproariously...and probably has my co-worker wondering what I'm doing here.

• Love 3
40 minutes ago, Baltimore Betty said:

I am giving that girl the side eye, her house looked like some commercial space, all that junk piled up in corners, all one big room...and that ceiling, yeah, it looked like a church alright, like the Church of Bad Taste.  It looked like they were all squatters in some defunct mall.

How does one never talk about living conditions or arrangements with someone coming to this country?  How does their home not show in the background of a skyping session?  How do you not have a cat casually stroll by in the background in formal wear?

So nobody asks any questions about the town they will be living in or finances, expectations?  How? Why? I will never stop asking and never stop being amazed at this stupidity.

I wish I could "like" this post x1000. Dang! And a "defunct mall" is spot on! I thought to myself it was some sort of Indonesian sweatshop or a studio space for some other business. Shes used to a luxurious lifestyle, indeed! Butlers? Chauffeurs? But not a beams and sheet rock person in sight to make ...idk...a DIVISION of some sort in that "home"? 

And yes all these small town inbreds always turn to online dating w/ people who have perfected their Instagram posts. Then they get to said small town where it's COLD, desolate, & there are few job ops. Complaining how small town weirdo has left them alone to sulk alone in a messy apartment with only cantaloupe bolt-ons or gigantic schlong to keep them company . In the words of Pedro..."baby, NOOO!"

• Love 16
2 hours ago, millennium said:

At the risk of dating myself, I saw her and thought "It's not nice to fool .... Mother Nature!"

Yes! In her long yellow dress with flowers around her head! I really liked the cousins, they sincerely seemed to care about Clay.

2 hours ago, nr65000 said:

So far Eric's ex-wife is the star of the series for me.  She was calm, reasonable and brought up some very valid points without undue drama.  I don't understand why Eric would bring up Leida (sp?) not wanting him to pay child support in FRONT OF HIS CHILD?  Is he trying to make sure this child starts out resenting her (not to mention ex-wife)?  Also, she is a mother herself who why would she want a man that doesn't feel obliged to support his children.  Something is off there.  I also agree with the ex-wife wondering why she is coming from what looks like a very comfortable life, to live with this shlubby old dude in a beat up apartment.  Just cause "MERICA??  I think he's gross and the way he is treating his daughters is disgusting.  I suppose he would say he's "putting his kids first" along with the rest of these idiots.  

Bold statement 1: I wondered the same thing, why cause more friction between his ex wife and daughter & the woman & child he's forcing on them. That poor little girl. 

Bold statement 2: he commented about there being no child support laws in Indonesia. I googled it & what I read is it has to be in a prenup, a parent can legally walk away with no responsibility. If the child is born out of wedlock, they are considered to have no father. 

2 hours ago, AZChristian said:

Only two thoughts jumped out at me after watching the premier episode:

1.  The Indonesian doctor/model/unwed mother WORKS at the house she showed.  She's probably one of the multiple maids.

2.  That underwear in the drawer at Jonathan's new house is his.  There's no other reason that women's underwear would be in a house he just moved into.  He "pinged" for me before they even showed the house.

Wow! Great thought on the rich girl! 

1 hour ago, Palomar said:

I'm also wondering what the ex-wife's situation is and why the 19 year old doesn't just move back with her Mom at least for now. 

The problem is, foreign women and men think of America as the American dream and do not comprehend that they will be living in small towns in Wisconsin and other places that are not NYC.  Not to mention, they assume their American has unlimited $$$. I am also assuming when the Americans on this show are wooing their spouse-to-be they probably exaggerate their situation at home to make it more enticing.  Then reality hits in.  Recipe for disaster and the reason this show exists! 

I thought it was odd mom had to drive the older and younger daughter to meet him. I think it's important for ex wife to know what's going on since there's still a minor involved. Wonder if they live in a different town. 

1 hour ago, Baltimore Betty said:

Or it is a stupid producer driven stunt to add to the fake drama.

Haha, he is marrying a 19 year old, emotional and entitled 19 year old, hahahahha.

Who has staked full claim to his new house!

1 hour ago, CoachWristletJen said:

Considering the fact that she has probably not put one dime towards the ticket nor towards any of the other expenses, Larissa doesn't have any business complaining ~ let alone throwing tantrums!

It could be that many of his more salient flaws remain to be seen, but, cat dressing aside, compared to most of the men on the show, Colt is a model citizen. Difficult watching him getting nearly stomped by this toothy bimbo!

I was trying to figure out his attitude, "Sure dental care is free for me, but you can't make me fix my front tooth so I'm not going to fix my front tooth! Hell, I might not even brush my teeth! So there!"

Not sure what she sees in him, but she must be running some kind of scam. Seriously, there's just no way otherwise. No. way.

I agree with AZChristian... she's probably one of the maids!

I have this feeling she had the visa all along & was either testing him to see if he'd give into her demands or she had some other guy she was waiting to hear back from.

Edited by alegtostandon
  • Love 6
12 hours ago, Splithair said:

Who kicks their 19 yo daughter out for their new wife and her kid?  19 is an adult, but barely. Who charges said 19 yo HALF of the rent/utilities??  If she's really paying that, I don't see how he can legally make her leave.  

If she's not on the lease then she has no rights and might be in violation of the lease. But I would imagine that bringing in someone to live with you for 3 months is also a lease violation! I have a 20 year old. He pays me car insurance on the car I gave him. And that's it. I don't ask him for rent or to buy groceries or to pay utilities. Hell he's still on my phone plan. But he's also a full time college student with 2 part time jobs and I haven't had to give him money for anything since he was 15 or 16 so I call it good. I can't imagine a scenario where I'd kick him.  Like, how is that ever even a choice?

• Love 21
7 minutes ago, alegtostandon said:

I thought it was odd mom had to drive the older and younger daughter to meet him. I think it's important for ex wife to know what's going on since there's still a minor involved. Wonder if they live in a different town. 

They probably just all came together for convenience. They may live in a different town or suburb. If I were the ex wife I definitely would want to know what was going on, 1. For the younger daughter, 2. How’s the elder girl doing emotionally knowing her Dad is asking her to LEAVE? Parents don’t stop caring for their child’s emotional well being after 18 (if they are actually parenting). 

• Love 10

Sorry Larissa.  There is no more money for your ticket change fee.  It was all spent on cute dresses for the CATS! 

That is Paola right there!  The town won’t be good enough and she will make him move to Miami to become a MODEL! 

She is going to make him get rid of his cats and mom.  

If Larissa is ‘wealthy’ she should be able to get her own place with Eric.  

The daughter can stay in the apartment with a new roomie.

• LOL 1
  • Love 7
10 hours ago, TrininisaScorp said:

He seems younger than 30-something, and really wistful for those youthful days.  

"I did what a lot of 22 year old college baseball players did..." (I paraphrase). When he said that I screamed at the TV "Went to class and got a fucking education you moron?" I did some slightly more than cursory digging on his collegiate baseball career and turned up next to nothing, which is all that needs to be said about his college baseball career.  Also, she's 19. NINETEEN. Dude go find a girl who was born in the same century as you or have the decency to wait until she's experienced some sort of life. Can your dick not wait a couple of years to put a ring on it?

• LOL 1
  • Love 20
7 hours ago, Cammi said:

This boy has been hypersexualized from an abnormally young age.  He acted proud to announce such a thing on television. And this idiot woman, who obviously is suffering from arrested development, is going to move such a person in a home with her two kids. I presume. Who thinks sex at eight years old is ok. Every time I watch the news outlets and see some woman with a boyfriend abusing her kids, I always wonder how such a thing could happen. And happen with such frequently.

I think this is actually pretty common, sadly. And I don't there is necessarily any link to him becoming a pedophile. Most of the men I know lost their virginity super young. 

7 hours ago, merylinkid said:

Good heavens.   This IS Molly and Luis all over again.   It will end the same way too.   Especially if she is dumb enough to marry his sorry ass.

But without Molly's lovable, homespun personality. 

5 hours ago, alegtostandon said:

These  2 bolded sentences made me laugh. I was watching her thinking she must have a guide telling her which pose to use for which statement to be most effective.

Clay seems like a nice guy...a bit strange but nice. I think he said trying to repair things was a hobby but he ended up breaking more of the items.

What were those flowers Clay's cousins wife was wearing like a 1960's Flower Child? I thought the chalk drawings on the block wall while they were sitting on the patio were cool.

Wait, who is Clay?

3 hours ago, Booger666 said:

I don’t think Kalani’s father is anti Samoan. She said he came to the states as a kid and worked hard for everything he has and doesn’t want his kids to struggle like he did.  Dad’s real problem is that Kalani’s BF has nothing and can’t support her or Oliver. 

She said her father (Low) wants her to be w/ a White guy.

3 hours ago, Pepper Mostly said:

Heh. Except somehow I don't think Mr Heavy Sack will be attending school for a high risk, well paying trade, as Devar did in his pursuit of a credential in underwater welding. (was that what it was? I know it was something that sounded crazy dangerous) Call me a cynic if you must.

I recall Devar discussing that line of work. But last TLC checked in w/ them (when the baby was born), wasn't he a truck driver? Over the road? Or local? Devar always stuck me as mentally very...mediocre. No way he could have handled anything like being on an underwater drilling team. I'm honestly surprised he can handle driving.

Edited by eatsleep
  • Love 4

What I don't understand is why any of these spouses to be did not visit their fiance/bf/gf in the States before deciding to marry. Just to check out the situation and make sure everything is on the up and up. Especially Miss Moneybags from Indonesia.  

• Love 7
12 minutes ago, eatsleep said:
3 hours ago, alegtostandon said:

Wait, who is Clay?

I know!  I am laughing to myself because I have not even thought of learning any of their names yet.  I like to just describe them in such unflattering terms until their names are unimportant.

13 minutes ago, eatsleep said:

I think this is actually pretty common, sadly. And I don't there necessarily any link to him becoming a pedophile. Most of them I know lost their virginity super young. 

Show RepliesWait, who is Clay?

I recall Devar discussing that line of work. But last TLC checked in w/ them (when the baby was born), wasn't he a truck driver? Over the road? Or local? Devar always stuck me as mentally very...mediocre. No way he could have handled anything like being on an underwater drilling team. I'm honestly surprised he can handle driving.

Clay = Colt, I think. :)

• Love 3

Just lurking now, not going to watch this one.  This show has reached the saturation point for me.  They should have at least done a break of a few months between the end of Before the 90 Days and this one.  Just overkill.  Sounds like they really did their research on the new couples to find similarities with past personalities on these shows.

• Love 3
Just now, greekmom said:

What I don't understand is why any of these spouses to be did not visit their fiance/bf/gf in the States before deciding to marry. Just to check out the situation and make sure everything is on the up and up. Especially Miss Moneybags from Indonesia.  

It's not that easy to just come to the U.S. if you're country isn't in the Visa Waiver Program. 

• Love 14
3 hours ago, alegtostandon said:

These  2 bolded sentences made me laugh. I was watching her thinking she must have a guide telling her which pose to use for which statement to be most effective.

Clay seems like a nice guy...a bit strange but nice. I think he said trying to repair things was a hobby but he ended up breaking more of the items.

What were those flowers Clay's cousins wife was wearing like a 1960's Flower Child? I thought the chalk drawings on the block wall while they were sitting on the patio were cool.

I thought of the guy from Disney's Moana!

My stomach turned a bit when 19-year old girl from Mexico went right to a dresser and pulled out a pair of women's underwear. They looked like someone had just taken them off.  She sure is going to be demanding! I can't figure out if there was a, storm while he was in Mexico & they lost power, why it was still out. He didn't make it sound like the storm was that day. 

Ohboy, that Jamaican kid sure thinks highly of himself! When he said he 'lost his virginity' at 8 years of age, first thought was he had been sexually abused and he now has an obsession with sex. 

It can take power a while to be restored sometimes.  He lives in North Carolina, and the East coast has a lot of old electricity infrastructure that needs to be upgraded (basically the 13 original colonies).    I can't speak specifically to his town, but I live in NJ, and it sometimes has taken 2 weeks for power to be restored after a nasty snow or windstorm.  It was 6 weeks for some people after Hurricane Sandy!  So the storm could have happened a day or two prior to his arrival at home.

• Love 4
28 minutes ago, eatsleep said:

I think this is actually pretty common, sadly. And I don't there necessarily any link to him becoming a pedophile. Most of them I know lost their virginity super young. 

Wait, who is Clay?

Plus he was drunk and angry.  Not a good look.

• Love 3

Not to be a thirsty, delusional American, but holy fuck, Fernanda is hot.

Is it bad that I barely remember the age difference with the single mom and Jamaican dude? She also seems very immature. Although I guess we're accustomed to watching 45-year-olds chase 21-year-olds so any age gap less than 20 years feels normal.

"We don't have an open engagement but I don't care if he cheats on me as long as it's in another country." Girl, what?

• Love 15
7 minutes ago, SnarkEnthusiast said:

Not to be a thirsty, delusional American, but holy fuck, Fernanda is hot.

Is it bad that I barely remember the age difference with the single mom and Jamaican dude? She also seems very immature. Although I guess we're accustomed to watching 45-year-olds chase 21-year-olds so any age gap less than 20 years feels normal.

"We don't have an open engagement but I don't care if he cheats on me as long as it's in another country." Girl, what?

I know...do you even care that he might be infecting you with AIDS???? Maybe she thinks all of the pre-entry (to the US) testing would ferret that out.

• Love 2

Had another look at their names. This is how I remember their names and storylines.

Kalani & Asuelo-  Most Pathetic

(Grown unmarried woman bragging about her virginity while moving into an Air BnB with her baby son. Baby daddy a cheater, too.  She needs to stop embarrasing her Dad.  She told her family he cheated and this is why her dad is going on about protecting her and grandson.  Dad was being respectful and not telling us about the cheating.  This is why he is talked about beating Asuelo up if he shows up to USA and thinks he can run around with other women)

Eric & Leida- Most Desperate

(Find them repulsive....Even more so than Annie and Penguin) Sorry, but that daughter is 19.  If she can’t make it in the real world.....then she can join the Marines like her daddy.  You get a twin bed, a mess pass and some spending money! Most important......away from Step-Monster Wealthy Leida)

Jonathan & Fernanda-  Most Sexual Chemistry

(This is Paola and Russ.  Only peace and harmony when Fer is happy. LOL)

Ashley & Jay- Most Dangerous Situation

(She has small kids and didn’t need to ADOPT another.  He is gonna cheat and Western Union her money to his sister and baby niece)

Colt & Larissa-  Most Abusive 

(Like Anfisa she is gonna abuse him.  Time will tell if Larissa is right because Jorge told Anfisa a bunch of lies.  They also have cats for kids and Jorge had also moved out of his mom’s house before Anfisa’s arrival.  Remember Jorge was homeless and booked a hotel their first season) 

I am very happy to see they didn’t cast a Language App this season! Karine & Pole.  SMH  :’)

• Love 6
1 hour ago, Pepper Mostly said:

This boy is waaaay too attached to his "glory days". Its really kind of sad. He's 32 years old, still behaves like a horny college kid, and can't say "boobies" without giggling.
"I was a college athlete! I got laid every single weekend and twice on Sundays! Um, you wouldn't know any of them. They live in Canada".

I hate him too, with his little faux-bashful infantile whisper of "boobies".  But, and I never notice things like this, am mostly not inclined to comment on people's looks even here, and often I'm more listening and knitting than watching: has anyone noticed his weird eye thing?

Didn't watch live last night - watched the first half before it aired and the last this morning.  You all covered it, but I gotta add to the chorus on whatisname - Mormon virgin's Samoan dad: he makes me so angry, sad, and upset.

• Love 6
51 minutes ago, greekmom said:

This is exactly what the show is about.  90 Day Fiancé is when they meet in USA.  They don’t have to get marry.  The visa they applied for is Fiance visa. 

I know they have Before 90 Days and they meet outside USA.  I am glad they launched this spin-off.  It is pretty interesting.

The couples that didn’t meet Online.......they get to spend time in both countries before the wedding.

I agree with everyone who thinks Eric's girl is absolutely one of the maids and if she is so rich, why isn't she bringing some rupiahs with her, not that they'd be worth shit. He's a complete idiot and his daughter is totally weirdo. Where the fuck is everyone going to sleep when they arrive?

Also agree that Colt is on the spectrum and applaud him for not caving into that woman's demands to waste money on cancellation fees. Sorry, though, that he can't read the signs slapping in hos face that he's a gold digger. 

As for Jonathan and the Mexican chick, he probably just taped those drawers closed and dragged the dresser onto a truck.  Or threw whatever was in the drawer in a bag for the move and then shoved it back in at the new house. Or maybe even cheated on her before she arrived. I'm giving this way too much thought.

Ashley is a fucking idiot and deserves everything she gets. Did she not see Molly and Luis? She must be seriously dickmatized because what the fucking bloody holy hell does she see in that boy? He is 20 years old and acts like he's 16. There is not a serious bone in his body. And the girl who has the same name as her sister with the Samoan dude is going to have a similar issue with an immature person who has zero exposure to anything and is not very mature. Her father's beard freaks me out, too.

Next week, it seems, we get a Russian bride. How did I fall down this rabbit hole?

• Love 14
12 hours ago, millennium said:

I guess Kalani really did come of age in Samoa.

I'm a terrible person who grew up watching The Banana Splits.   I saw Asuelo and thought "Uh oh, Chongo!"

Fernanda is too hot to handle.   Other than money, I can't imagine what she sees in Anthony Weiner.

All in all, tonight's show seemed 200% more substantial than any single episode of Before the 90 Days. 

The line "Other than money, I can't imagine what she sees in Anthony Weiner." made me laugh. He DOES remind me of AW. lol

• Love 4
3 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

he is marrying a 19 year old, emotional and entitled 19 year old, 

Exactly - she's a kid. Emotional and entitled are pretty much the hallmarks of kids her age. I know, I have a couple of them right now.  But I don't necessarily think that she was wrong about expecting the guy not have some other chick's PANTIES in the house he just moved into specifically to set up their home as a married couple. I mean, fuck dude, take a hot second and get rid of your trophies. And, am I the only one thinking that drawer had some other goodies in it - I was thinking sex toys given his horndog obsession with her boooooooobies.

• Love 10

Colt eerily reminds me of Paul-some of his facial expressions are the same.  Colt even has the upended eyebrow move that Paul regularly did.  And, his beloved is also from Brazil...  Things that make you go "hmmmmm."

If Eric's daughter is on the lease, there is no way he can force her out.  Very telling when he mentioned that he never really told his fiance about his living situation.  It really bothered me how he kept talking about how the courts have ordered him to pay child support rather than he wanted to pay child support.  There's a big difference in motivation, and he made it sound like the only explanation he gave to his new family fiance was that he was ordered to pay it.  Sure, at the very end he mentioned that of course he would pay support even if he hadn't been ordered to, but it was at the very end.  I also wonder if he expected his ex-wife to tell him it would be okay to stop paying... I loved that his ex-wife asked why he didn't move there if she was so wealthy and he was stumped until he came up with 'but this is America.'  He is so being taken for a ride; he first identified his fiance as a teacher, then a beauty pageant winner, and then a doctor.  Yeah, she's throwing everything at him hoping something will stick.  While I don't think his fiance was a maid in the home she showed on the video, I think she's the daughter of a maid in the home she showed.  Eric is so caught up in his delusions that he's not really paying attention to any of the stories that she is spinning.

I forget which fiance said it, but one of them said that in social media and the movies, life in America looks perfect.  And, that's one of the big issues we see repeatedly in all of the versions of this show that we see-they don't really realize the differences in lifestyles based on socioeconomic factors as well as regional differences.  Although I'm a teacher and own my home, I doubt that my lifestyle would match what one might be expecting when the only references they would have are social media and other media.  They also don't seem to realize that the wealthiest of Americans would not be searching for a spouse on the websites that they use.   

• Love 12
4 minutes ago, Boofish said:

I would love to meet the women (other than Ashley) who finds Great Value Jamaican Ray J "beautiful." At least Ray J is charming in a "let the bug live since he flew outside" sort of way.   

But didn't Ray J help make Kim Kardashian happen?  What with the sex tape and all?  So we can't like him or say anything nice about him.  Sorry, it's not allowed. 

• Love 15

Ah new freak show and new names for me to learn!

Mexican Barbie and South Carolina Ken- He comes across as a douche and his house is really small.  Maybe he plans to add on , but for a big time successful realtor you would think he would get a nicer house; property is really cheap in SC.  I know guys like him and I hope Boobie barbie leaves him.  Except for her terrible taste in men, she seems okay and probably family oriented.  She deserves better.  Who moves an old dresser into their house with old undies and never looks inside it?

Ashley and Devar 2.0- She seems like a hardened aged Jessica Simpson mixed with a gypsy bride.  I feel bad for her kids.

Cat lovin Colt and Vampira-  He seems like a nicer gentler version of Pol- not quite as murdery.  She's trouble and terrible.

Patriot Eric and his maid- She probably had to find someone to marry; perhaps she;s looked down upon in her family/society for being divorced or having a child out of wedlock ( I know Eric said she had an ex husband but she could have lied).  She seems like a witch.  The ex wife should have barred her youngest from being filmed.  I'm sure alll of his failed relationships have nothing to do with him being extremely difficult.  Nice to know he chooses the new witch over his daughter that lives with him.

Moana and that other guy- I really don't understand her drama....it seems all self inflicted- she lied to people to make them see him in the worst possible light so now they all hate him and her?  She's 29?  She seems a lot younger; what is she doing for work?

• Love 19
4 minutes ago, doyouevengohere said:

Moana and that other guy- I really don't understand her drama....it seems all self inflicted- she lied to people to make them see him in the worst possible light so now they all hate him and her?  She's 29?  She seems a lot younger; what is she doing for work?

I thought she was 19!

A 28 y/o virgin? Wow

• Love 3

The question about Moana is whether she lied about Baby Daddy cheating or whether she is now lying because her family disapproves of the cheating and she is trying to rehabilitate his image.

• Love 13
23 minutes ago, doyouevengohere said:

Ah

My gut says the drama is made up or overblown. 

I live where there is a big Samoan Mormon population (enough that they have their own wards in the church).  They help each other like I have never seen. Families take care of each other with food, housing, and basically all support. I;m not saying that she does not work, but if she does, I bet her sister takes care of the child care and other family members help with cooking and cleaning. 

As far as the race issue? I don't think the dad is really against it.  I have actually only seen one younger(meaning in the last 8 years under 25) Samoan wedding where it was 2 Samoans. This is only from the piles of wedding invites  I got because of the neighborhood I lived in, and yes marriage under 25 is beyond common, in fact, most people are married by 21-22. Many of the young people are dating people of different backgrounds and marrying them. I could be because the high school is only 5% Samoan and 97% Mormon so the odds are that you marry someone non_Samoan? 

Also if the word Mormon or LDS bothers anyone on this board please tell me. and I will type this. During the last conference the Mormon church prophet said the church is no longer to be called Mormon or LDS, but only the church of Jesus Christ of latter Day Saints. It is a lot longer to type so many times and I have seen most of my neighbors struggle with this change and almost give up on it. 

Edited by silverspoons
  • Love 11
1 hour ago, politichick said:

Next week, it seems, we get a Russian bride. How did I fall down this rabbit hole?

I was asking this all last season and yet here I am again. And I am basically only here because of my love of snark and all the fantastic comments. Sit back, grab a place of Rice a Roni, and leave all your traumas behind....

• Love 4
14 hours ago, hisbunkie said:

I got the feeling he was revenge eating. His fiancée said something about his using the time apart to go the gym. I got the impression she has nagged him about his looks, including her disapproving of his beard. 

I must say, though, I’m impressed by his ability to say no to her regarding buying another ticket and keeping his beard. 

He does need to go to the gym!!! Those boobs

• Love 6
5 minutes ago, Kickboxer said:

He does need to go to the gym!!! Those boobs

I wonder if at some point he was really overweight and then lost it? His skin has sort of a saggy look to it that I've seen on people who've lost a ton of weight. Maybe the boobs are partially from excess skin?

• Love 6
57 minutes ago, seacliffsal said:

He is so being taken for a ride; he first identified his fiance as a teacher, then a beauty pageant winner, and then a doctor.  Yeah, she's throwing everything at him hoping something will stick.  While I don't think his fiance was a maid in the home she showed on the video, I think she's the daughter of a maid in the home she showed.  Eric is so caught up in his delusions that he's not really paying attention to any of the stories that she is spinning.

Daughter of a maid. I like it!

• Love 6
17 hours ago, Drogo said:

No this is a real thing... you can volunteer to embed with Syrian militia and fight ISIS... but I don't believe he was "about to" do that.  

Judging by the shitshow status of that house, his Marine Corps sensibilities are long gone.  

Is he the guy whose daughter said he was a "patriot?"

• Love 3