Type keyword(s) to search

S37.E03: I Am Goliath Strong

Whimsy
  • Start Topic

On 10/11/2018 at 10:20 PM, GenerationX said:

The challenges.........  And they contain Peachy's awful play-by-play.

I am so glad to see this here. I hate his play-by-play crap. I mute the sound during the challenges just so I don't have to listen to him blather on and on and on.

• Love 4
On 10/12/2018 at 6:11 PM, Bryce Lynch said:

It sounded more like an alliance.  I'm giving Angelina the benefit on the doubt on this, given that there is no evidence and Jeremy's claim was very vague. 

Given that this is a game based on alliances I lean towards Angelina. I'm sure she and her new husband talked about the whole thing - the necessity of alliances - before she went on the show and after as well. Jeremy is all kinds of  pond scum to try to use her to justify his failures this way, but then his treatment of Natalie has already proven that point.

Edited by Skycatcher
  • Love 2

I don't know if I would call Jeremy scummy.  I think he was just trying to save his Superfan status (which he didn't) by making excuses.  Trying to make it possible for him to return another season.  ?

I totally believe Angelina (and the other ladies) "coupled" up in a way to shore up their games.  However, due to editing, we'll never know how far that went.

• Love 3
3 hours ago, Skycatcher said:

I am so glad to see this here. I hate his play-by-play crap. I mute the sound during the challenges just so I don't have to listen to him blather on and on and on.

I loathe Jeffy's commentary.  He always acts like the challenge is going to determine the future of the free world.  I think back to on Amazing Race when Phil Keoghan gave play by play of that dolly cart race in Belgium (?) and his narration was so much more professional, calm, informative, and unbiased.  Jeffy is awful.  "And David tribe dropped their bag AGAIN!!!  And Carl STILL cannot get under the pole!  WHAT is David tribe doing?  They are WAY behind!"

Re Jeremy's story regarding Angelina canoodling with John the wrestler.  I'm sure she was.  I have no opinion on whether that was why she targeted him, but I resent the fact that this odious woman seems to think she can dictate what people can say on camera.  If she's going to cozy up to John for a showmance to advance her game, she could have told her husband in advance that she would pretend to flirt with others to further her game.  Instead, she's all Queen Angelina refusing to allow people to talk about it on camera.  Why were people so willing to comply?  What was to stop anyone from saying anything in a confessional?  What if they said anything to someone else while she wasn't around?  Why was TPTB so afraid of her that they apparently complied with her wishes?  I can't stand her, hope she goes home ASAP.

• Love 8

Khaleesi was notably quiet during this week's episode, but was very happy at Jeremy's ouster. He was not scoring any points with her this week. 

Just because Natalie isn't likeable doesn't mean it's okay to follow her around and bully her about her going home. She's allowed to talk to anyone she wants just like everyone else. 

See, Jeremy bit himself in the butt by telling everyone he found the pocket idol. If Dan has an idol, Jeremy- everyone knows you don't. 

• Love 9
59 minutes ago, blackwing said:

I loathe Jeffy's commentary.  He always acts like the challenge is going to determine the future of the free world.  I think back to on Amazing Race when Phil Keoghan gave play by play of that dolly cart race in Belgium (?) and his narration was so much more professional, calm, informative, and unbiased.  Jeffy is awful.  "And David tribe dropped their bag AGAIN!!!  And Carl STILL cannot get under the pole!  WHAT is David tribe doing?  They are WAY behind!"

Re Jeremy's story regarding Angelina canoodling with John the wrestler.  I'm sure she was.  I have no opinion on whether that was why she targeted him, but I resent the fact that this odious woman seems to think she can dictate what people can say on camera.  If she's going to cozy up to John for a showmance to advance her game, she could have told her husband in advance that she would pretend to flirt with others to further her game.  Instead, she's all Queen Angelina refusing to allow people to talk about it on camera.  Why were people so willing to comply?  What was to stop anyone from saying anything in a confessional?  What if they said anything to someone else while she wasn't around?  Why was TPTB so afraid of her that they apparently complied with her wishes?  I can't stand her, hope she goes home ASAP.

There is no evidence whatsoever that what you bolded is true.  All we have is Jeremy's word at this pint. I am going to wait to see what the other have to say before I believe any of this though given the social media activity the last few days I am not expecting anyone to back up his claims.

Edited by LanceM
  • Love 2
On 10/13/2018 at 8:58 AM, marys1000 said:

I think Jeremy was using the term showmance sort of loosely....in that it seemed all on Angelina's side.  He said John wasn't reciprocating.  Persoanlly I think Angelina was trying to Pavarti John

That's my take on it too.  The fact that John has been making an effort to work with Natalie suggests to me that he's probably making a few alliances - always a good idea.  OTH what was shown and not shown I'm pretty sure had nothing at all to do with Angelina's preferences.

Edited by ratgirlagogo
On 10/11/2018 at 7:38 AM, Maya said:

Can you imagine being an employee of Natalie’s? [shudders] [kills self]

On 10/11/2018 at 2:32 PM, HurricaneVal said:

I'm sad to see Jeremy go, but I'm not surprised.  For one thing, he put on a master class of what not to do on Survivor--play too hard, play too fast, then double down.  Then double down again.  For another thing, Natalie had it in for him ever since he tried his little helpful "hey, I'm black...you're black...we need to look out for each other, and right now I don't think you're doing yourself any favors..." discussion with her.  You could literally see the rage blossom in her eyes, and at that point I saw he'd made an enemy. 

I like Jeremy, but you nailed it here.

Both Jeremy and Natalie can learn big life lessons by watching the episode back.  I think Jeremy was well-intentioned and genuine, but his method sucked and had the reverse effect.  He had a goal but he tried achieving it with his heart - not his head.  Lecturing people with the hope of getting them to change only has the opposite effect.

Natalie may not have believed it coming from Jeremy, but pretty much her entire tribe agreed with Jeremy during tribal council.  If she can't receive the message after that, there's no hope. 

I gave Natalie the benefit of the doubt the first two episodes, but I didn't like what she said when she cast her vote for Jeremy.  What she said was cruel and uncalled for.  Jeremy clearly had good intentions when he spoke to her.  She trash-talked him in a way that was mean for the sake of being mean.  

She lost me at that point.     

Edited by Jextella
  • Love 4
15 hours ago, blackwing said:

Instead, she's all Queen Angelina refusing to allow people to talk about it on camera. 

Er... if Angelina did talk to people about not saying anything on camera - then THAT “don’t say anything” conversation would have been on-camera, wouldn’t it?  :>

15 hours ago, blackwing said:

Why were people so willing to comply?  What was to stop anyone from saying anything in a confessional?  What if they said anything to someone else while she wasn't around?  Why was TPTB so afraid of her that they apparently complied with her wishes? 

Every question you throw out here is IMHO a valid reason to disbelieve Jeremy’s account of things.  Simple Occam’s razor  here; between these two options...

1. Jeremy is lying.
  2. Jeremy is telling the truth, but Angelina found some way to coerce every other contestant and the entirety of Production into participating in a massive coverup to hide a flirtation from her fiancée.

...which of the two is the simplest, and therefore the most likely?

• Love 4
45 minutes ago, Nashville said:

Simple Occam’s razor  here; between these two options...

1. Jeremy is lying.
  2. Jeremy is telling the truth, but Angelina found some way to coerce every other contestant and the entirety of Production into participating in a massive coverup to hide a flirtation from her fiancée.

...which of the two is the simplest, and therefore the most likely?

I prefer to take the third option:

Jeremy doesn't know the difference between a "showmance" (Dan/Kara) and a bog-standard mixed-gender alliance (presumably John/Angelina, John/Natalie, Natalia/Alec).

• Love 6
On 10/13/2018 at 8:58 AM, marys1000 said:

I think Jeremy was using the term showmance sort of loosely....in that it seemed all on Angelina's side.  He said John wasn't reciprocating.  Persoanlly I think Angelina was trying to Pavarti John.  And I think Angelina is far more shady than Jeremy so I weigh his word more. 

Agree with this.  Plus she totally lost me when her "statement" about what happened on the show began "My husband and I..." 

• Love 5
10 hours ago, SVNBob said:

I prefer to take the third option:

Jeremy doesn't know the difference between a "showmance" (Dan/Kara) and a bog-standard mixed-gender alliance (presumably John/Angelina, John/Natalie, Natalia/Alec).

Also an extremely viable option - although if such is the case, Jeremy can kiss his self-proclaimed “superfan” label goodbye.  ;)

• Love 2

Hi guys, on vacation and using a borrowed old phone with Wi-Fi to post so won't be long. How's my vacation going you ask? Well I got a small taste of the Survivor life when I got soaked in the Michael aftermath and couldn't change because my bag was lost by the airline for 25 hours...

My take: of corse Jeremy was playing too hard in one way, but I think in a much more profound way it's Angelina who is playing too hard. Why the hell does she care which of Natalie and Jeremy go home? To the point where she'd go work up a vote out of thin air? When Elizabeth does it it makes total sense because it's her best ally otherwise. But there's literally nothing in it for Angelina. It's a ridiculous move-to-make-a-move. She's just like all the other dumbasses who get bored on a winning team and come up with some allegedly brilliant scheme for no reason when they "finally get to play." Congratulations, you're now a known threat, great work girlfriend.

Unless I guess if Jeremy's tale is right, but my guess about that is that Jeremy made a joke about her and John based on very little and she got mad about it because she didn't want it to look like she was being unfaithful on TV and he took this to mean she got home out because of it... because he expects there to be a reason, but in fact there is none. She's just bored, self-congratulatory, and not as smart as she thinks she is.

I know who Natalia is now and I kinda like her; but that there is an Allison is news to me. Once I figure her our, though, I think I'll know everyone on the season!

• Love 9

Jeremy imploding -- yikes!

Natalie still being bossy and taking no responsibility -- yikes!

The Jeremy and Angelina thing ---  double yikes! Hope this season doesn't turn out gross and horrible after a good start. 

I know that the show is about real people and how they react to situations, but I really really don't want it to lead to real life drama outside the game. That reunion is going to be alot uncomfortable.