Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
Drogo

S02.E12: Tell-All

15 hours ago, iwasish said:

I see it as an act. She certainly turned on the charm when he was a day or two from leaving and still hadn’t proposed.  Suddenly she was all into him and playing coy and kissy face, bringing up a possibly rich Japanese guy who might want to marry her. She wants a ticket to the US and will sell herself to the one most likely to get her there. 

Right. It would be one thing if Tarik had met her while she was huddled under a tree, weeping or even walking down the street. But she was all puckered up on Filipina Cupid, smiling, friendly, seductive, flirtatious. I think the blank, stoic look now is more about trying to follow the somewhat unfamiliar American English and feeling totally uncomfortable w/ tarik bc she doesn't know him or particularly like him.

Edited by eatsleep
  • Like 7

1 hour ago, iwasish said:

Paul’s mother and father may have developed a strategy of dealing with Paul and the fact that he is such a “challenge”. His dad has taken on the role of “absolute ultimate authority”  or bad cop and mom is good cop. Mom can then avoid Paul giving her a hard time because Dad is supreme being.

It also looked like Pol's mom was at a hotel for her segment.   Perhaps Father wouldn't let Mother film at their house.

• Like 3

On 18/10/2018 at 2:26 PM, Kiss my mutt said:

Hazel has cold, dead eyes. I wouldn’t want her to be a part of my kids’ lives. 

Is that your dog? Totally adorable and I love the name!

• Like 2

On 10/14/2018 at 11:00 PM, millennium said:

If Rachel worked on her self esteem, lost a few pounds and splurged on some makeup, she could be a very attractive woman, which would no doubt help her get some work with respectable pay (I don't know of any jobless attractive people).

Wow.  I just wonder if there could be some sort of correlation between self esteem and being told you don't look good enough the way you are, and won't get work with respectable pay unless you "splurge" on makeup and lose a few pounds.

Rachel is a perfectly pleasant looking woman without obvious deformities or visible rashes, of a size that is not unlike many women who have had a couple of kids (and plenty who haven't).  She looks fine to me, and I'd take her in a heartbeat over the likes of Angela or Darcey, with their splurges on makeup and hair and clothes. 

On 10/15/2018 at 12:00 AM, MrHufflepuff said:

I think it's pretty cool that Darcey has such intelligent life coaches--hang on.... oh.  Those were her daughters?

I never once had even an opportunity to tell my mother that I had her back.  I guess she felt she didn't need it since she was, you know, the mother.  In retrospect, her naiveté was kind of charming.

On 10/15/2018 at 6:53 AM, trimthatfat said:

I cringed when the other asshole, Jesse, asked Darcy for a hug after he basically spent the last two episodes calling her a violent drunk. One last action of emotional abuse. I wanted her to tell him to go fuck himself with a bronzer covered makeup brush. But alas, she was too polite to do that.

As others have opined, her motivation probably wasn't politeness.  I really can't stand her, but I actually felt a little sorry for her knowing how she was probably feeling about that hug, and its signs for the future.  I soooo wish she'd have said, "No hug, thanks, but I wish you the best" and then shook his hand.

• Like 11

42 minutes ago, StatisticalOutlier said:

Wow.  I just wonder if there could be some sort of correlation between self esteem and being told you don't look good enough the way you are, and won't get work with respectable pay unless you "splurge" on makeup and lose a few pounds.

It would be great to live in a world where people's livelihoods and self-esteem are not affected by one's looks, body shape, age, gender, etc.   So far I haven't seen that world anywhere outside of a Gene Roddenberry production.

• Like 9

On 10/16/2018 at 12:04 PM, gunderda said:

OMGGGGG it didn't even register with me but my brother lives in Columbus and I go there every year for Christmas.  That is being added to the Christmas festivities list - I don't care how cold!

Apparently these cookie dough places are in a number of states now.  

https://chicago.eater.com/2018/7/17/17581446/scooped-cookie-dough-bar-chicago-first-raw-water-tower-downtown-michigan-avenue-open

21 minutes ago, Spike said:

Forget the cookie dough--I can make my own, with eggs, since I don't have to worry about being sued.  Divide the dough into little balls and keep in freezer for snacking later. 

What I noticed in the photo in the article was the Wow Bao in the background.  I can't make my own bao, and those things are goooood.  Wow Bao is always a priority when I'm in Chicago. 

13 hours ago, millennium said:

It would be great to live in a world where people's livelihoods and self-esteem are not affected by one's looks, body shape, age, gender, etc.  

I agree, and have chosen to fight the power.  I would never tell a woman she doesn't look good enough just as she is.  Men don't have to fix themselves up to be presentable, and it should be the same for women, but it won't be if we continue to accept it, and even play into it.

And again--is crazy-face Darcey or hay-hair Angela really more aesthetically pleasing than Rachel?

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, StatisticalOutlier said:

And again--is crazy-face Darcey or hay-hair Angela really more aesthetically pleasing than Rachel?

I agree with you. Now I don’t disagree with @millennium that women are judged more on our appearance and how we fit into societal concepts of attractiveness, but I think Rachel fits into the concept of what a 30 something woman “should” look like, on a day out sight seeing just fine. Would I go to work or a party dressed like that, of course not, but there’s nothing wrong with jeans and sweaters. If I saw Rachel out pushing her daughters stroller on a weekend she would look like any other woman. I love fashion and style as much as the next woman but I think with so many reality show participants being “done up” all the time, the perception is skewed. 

• Like 8

Jesse is the master of the mindfuck. 

I find Rachel attractive but she doesn’t seem to feel that way so maybe making some changes in her case would help her feel better about herself since she seems to complain about the extra weight.  

Angela probably thinks she pretty hot stuff as is.  

Darcy is too far gone to recover her original looks which were very attractive.

• Like 5

On 10/19/2018 at 2:14 PM, doyouevengohere said:

Perhaps Father wouldn't let Mother film at their house.

Mother: May I Skype-interview from the living room?

Father: 

you-shall-not-pass-gandalf-lotr.gif

• Like 10

Rachel obviously has zero self esteem and she's made enough derogatory comments about her weight and appearance that you know that's where its coming from.  I think she's quite attractive (and I'd kill to have that beautiful hair), but she doesn't feel good about herself and it shows.  I'm sure it would come out loud and clear if she went for a job interview, especially for a professional, well paying job.  So yeah, she would be more successful in life if she changed her appearance, but it would be due to increased self confidence, not what she physically looked like to the rest of world.  She should take some self confidence lessons from Angela, who has plenty to spare.  

• Like 6

"My two favorite women--I have both of their hair in my backpack."

In five years, Pole's going to say:

"My two favorite women--I have both of their heads in my backpack."

• Like 14

2 hours ago, Blizzard said:

Rachel obviously has zero self esteem and she's made enough derogatory comments about her weight and appearance that you know that's where its coming from.  I think she's quite attractive (and I'd kill to have that beautiful hair), but she doesn't feel good about herself and it shows.  I'm sure it would come out loud and clear if she went for a job interview, especially for a professional, well paying job.  So yeah, she would be more successful in life if she changed her appearance, but it would be due to increased self confidence, not what she physically looked like to the rest of world.  She should take some self confidence lessons from Angela, who has plenty to spare.  

I don’t think Angela has self confidence at all. If she did she wouldn’t be so defensive about the remarks that Michael made. A woman who is confident about her appearance would have had no problem purchasing a dress in Nigeria. There were plenty of Nigerian women in that marketplace that were larger than she is and were wearing those outfits. 

Molly strikes me more as a woman who is comfortable with her body. I never heard her say anything about being a larger woman and neither did Luis ( he was an ass in other ways though).

i think Rachel instead of blaming herself for her poor decisions in life, focuses on her weight, and blames  it for holding her back. And Jon is going to be another of those poor choices.IMO he’s well aware of her insecurity and is using it to his benefit. The whole persona he’s created for himself as defender of women’s honor and the ultimate modern man, so comfortable with his masculinity that he can step in and be a father to a child some other man has “abandoned”.  He’s a phony and she’s a fool.

Edited by iwasish
  • Like 11

5 hours ago, iwasish said:

The whole persona he’s created for himself as defender of women’s honor and the ultimate modern man, so comfortable with his masculinity that he can step in and be a father to a child some other man has “abandoned”.  He’s a phony and she’s a fool.

Yes but...He's a fool that somehow has managed to publicly call other people, including probably other women, 'c*nts' and somehow gets no negative blowback from TLC (I'm wondering if there's a clause about public behavior?), or from IG. So, fool yeah, but a crafty motherfucker to be sure...

Edited by gingerella
  • Like 1

I was re-watching the tell nothing special and realized that Jon and Rachel probably wouldn’t have gone through with the wedding if TLC hadn’t offered to pay for everything. I really wish TLC hadn’t done that because I think they interfered in a way that’s bad for the couple. 

• Like 5

On 10/18/2018 at 7:44 AM, magemaud said:

I can’t blame Paul for being suspicious. 

I have no problem blaming Paul. If Karine is that 'suspect' why did he marry her? And she has every right to be furious when he goes on national tv to say he needs a DNA test because she posts responses and hearts on someone's Facebook who lives 5000 miles away. Karine's right - he has destroyed any reputation she had left. WTF is wrong with him (aside from a clear case of Asperger's perseveration on behaviour that does not exist?) The baby needs DNA to guarantee American rights? What a load of shit. If my husband wanted an STD test for every time I have told a male friend his picture looks good, I would have a fridge full of urine. Don't marry if you cannot trust someone completely. Paul and Karine need to get off my screen, I am over it.

Edited by Chalby
  • Like 9

4 hours ago, gingerella said:

Yes but...He's a fool that somehow has managed to publicly call other people, including probably other women, 'c*nts' and somehow gets no negative blowback from TLC (I'm wondering if there's a clause about pubic behavior?), or from IG. So, fool yeah, but a crafty motherfucker to be sure...

???

5 hours ago, Floatingbison said:

"My two favorite women--I have both of their hair in my backpack."

In five years, Pole's going to say:

"My two favorite women--I have both of their heads in my backpack."

NO KIDDING!!! That was so disgusting and creepy. Where did TLC find this loser.

• Like 3

On 10/15/2018 at 12:37 PM, RedBagWithMakeup said:

Every time time I see Angela I think of that line from "13 going on 30" where Jenna calls a competitor from another magazine "frizzy".

Frizzy and rude! LOL

• Like 1

22 hours ago, ChiCricket said:

???

Hahaha...I changed it but...when you go around publicly calling people c*nts on the regular maybe that IS pubic behavior...;)

Edited by gingerella
  • Like 3

On 10/18/2018 at 8:47 AM, eatsleep said:

Oh, I soooooo disagree. Tarik is OK looking. And since growing the beard, a LOT of women (YT vid comments, etc.) have said he looks much better. It's his personality that repels women, I think. He's a weak, whiny, insecure beta. ("No one wants me to be happy! That's why my baby mama can't see you.") Women hate that! 

Definitely his taste in clothing and personality add to his unattractiveness, but I seriously cannot look at him without conjuring up Elmer Fudd. He's got the same nose and mouth as Fudd, and when he rests a cap on top of his head, it looks like Elmer's hunting cap. 

On 10/16/2018 at 5:59 AM, alegtostandon said:

My first vision when Pole & Mother mentioned 'Father' was a  skeleton dressed in a suit sitting in his chair with an unlit pipe in his mouth & a toupee made from Mother & Pole's hair clippings. They consult 'Father' on important issues.  They said that 'Father' was not happy about this situation.

Definitely Paul gets the Norman Bates award for creepiest son and abusive husband.

• Like 4

On 10/18/2018 at 12:01 PM, iwasish said:

Many women have irregular periods or their cycle varies by a couple days or a week. IMO, the only reason to try and “bring on your period” with some kind of herbal tea that you have to get from some back alley supplier is because you know or strongly suspect that you are pregnant.

I assume you are speaking only for yourself or a close friend. I would be totally insulted if someone assumed I was trying to bring on an abortion only because I drank a certain tea. If you know anything of women who suffer from debilitating periods, you would know it's hell to be in pain and discomfort waiting for a period to commence so you can get relief. There are teas out there (I believe raspberry is one of them) that help regulate your monthly so you are not experiencing extending PMS for a irregular. And... to play devil's advocate, what if Tarik did get her pregnant and she aborted in fear that Tarik would abandon her? That's her call to make.

• Like 8

6 hours ago, Major Bigtime said:
8 hours ago, Blizzard said:

and I'd kill to have that beautiful hair

You can buy some hair. Ask Darcy, she can hook you up.

Or check POL's backpack!

• Like 9

On 10/18/2018 at 11:34 AM, eatsleep said:

She seemed uncertain as to whether or not bringing the child to the US would ever be a possibility and was still raring to go. I think ANY parent (mother or father) who abandons a young child and moves thousands of miles away is a piece of crap. 

I don't believe any of 90 Days insinuated Hazel was abandoning her child. If anything, she and the baby daddy are doing everything they can to ensure the child has a future.

Weird thought popped into my head earlier today.

Paul was very forthright and serious when he commented about Angela and Rachel's near fight over finger-pointing:  "You learn when you're incarcerated to never point a finger at anyone."  So WHAT did he learn/encounter if he did THIS gesture at someone in prison?

Capture.JPG

• Like 7

On 10/15/2018 at 7:51 PM, AZChristian said:

Maybe Father doesn't have any hair to contribute to the collection.

He probably has Father's fingernails.

• Like 3

My God.

Did Darcey bankrupt herself with new teeth and tits and tail? Because that head of hair she was sporting was so vile it hurt to look at her. The front part that went to her shoulders was like a brassy yellow mullet she was growing out and it did NOT match whatever wig situation she was sporting in the back. The back looked like pissed on snow in places and very blond/white in other places. None of it went together at all. It was so distracting I couldn't focus on what she was even saying which is always a good thing so I just feel grateful more than anything.

darceyshairdrama.jpg

• Like 4

On 10/15/2018 at 1:00 AM, millennium said:

The cheap production value of this show is not endearing.   The prolonged silences were maddening.   

Jesse's pants were two inches too short!   Haha.  High-waters.  Did he take his finger out of the dike at long last?

Angela says her weight goes up and down.  I'm guessing mostly up.   Fucking bully.

If this show had real editors, they would have shown the clip of Michael saying "I respect her because she is my elder," panned over to an enraged Angela, then cut back to the clip of the friends mocking "She's like your grandma!"   Wimps. 

If Rachel worked on her self esteem, lost a few pounds and splurged on some makeup, she could be a very attractive woman, which would no doubt help her get some work with respectable pay (I don't know of any jobless attractive people).

In John's defense, there are neighborhoods where boys do grow up having to fight to survive, and I'm betting a little guy like him was a frequent target until he learned how to fight back.    You can see it's a very sore topic with him, which makes me believe it goes back to childhood.

Was I the only one wishing John had been there in the same room as Jesse?   

Hazel is tedious.   Tarek is now the Black Dr. Phil.   Dean is looking like an animation.

Ximena's expressions during Ricky's monologue were great.    I want to use them as emojis.    But Ximena, c'mon ... engaged after five or six days?  You had to know better.  Oh, and that's the reddest lipstick I've ever seen.

"Marta and Daya were too uninteresting to be here tonight ..."

I got a "Flowers in the Attic" vibe when Pole and his mother spoke of "Father."   

The last time we saw Pole, he was telling Karine, who just had a D and C, that he had to leave to go back to the US to make money.   When did she get pregnant again?  Later that day?   Right after the film crew packed up their equipment?   I think Pole has every right to ask for a DNA test.

Hola?

Flowers in the attic vibe ???

• Like 1

On 10/15/2018 at 7:19 AM, TrininisaScorp said:

Both Hazel and Tarik looked good!  Nice to see folks not looking tore up.  I never, however, have any interest in hearing about these ppl's sex lives and abortion/not abortion.  Jesus.  That escalated quickly. 

Yeah that was TMI, I even had flash imaginations of them having sex. Mostly Hazel saying things like "I will not ... give the oral...sex... it's is not... Christian". "Tarik ask me ... to do.. the doggy.. but I only do the Christian".

Edited by BabyDaddy
  • Like 5

16 minutes ago, BabyDaddy said:

Yeah that was TMI, I even had flash imaginations of them having sex. Mostly Hazel saying things like "I will not ... give the oral...sex... it's is not... Christian". "Tarik ask me ... to do.. the doggy.. but I only do the Christian".

I just laughed out loud, really loud. I can totally hear her voice saying that.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, BabyDaddy said:

"And the threesome...I do the threesome, too."

• Like 2

On 10/21/2018 at 6:47 PM, iwasish said:

Molly strikes me more as a woman who is comfortable with her body. I never heard her say anything about being a larger woman and neither did Luis ( he was an ass in other ways though).

Late to this, I'm finally getting caught up on episodes but wanted to quote this because it's the one truly nice thing I could say about Luis. With most of the larger women who have appeared on this series their size has received negative comments here and there from their SO. Unless I missed something I never once saw Luis say anything nor Molly berate herself the way other women seem to do to themselves. 

And i think you're spot on about Rachel! 

• Like 1

On 10/15/2018 at 2:21 PM, Alonzo Mosely FBI said:

I hear ya. Completely wrong to out the desire for DNA testing on the tell all and blindside Karine. At the same time, I feel like a jerk saying this, but before I spent thousands on the K1 process (or I guess it's not K1 because they are married already)  I would want to be sure it's my child. I think he can still love her and trusting but verifying on the DNA test. In his twisted way!

He doesn't know how to do math? If he knows how far along she is then do the math. You can easily get pregnant after a miscarriage and D&C. After she got out the hospital he told her that he had to go back to the states because he was out of money. I ganrantee he got busy with Karina before he left. Seems like he is concerned about guys on social media, so unless they got long d*cks he has a problem he needs to work on or Karina might go missing. It seems like to me he say and do things to save face, that he won't look like a fool to folks if for some reason it did turn out she cheated.

• Like 2

Thank you TLC Europe (or part of it) for broadcasting in August first the series with Coltee and only start in December with these series. The 'tell all' ended here this Tuesday lol and I couldn't join the snarking.

Thanks ppl for learning me the word 'snark'. I didn't have to look it up as it is so obvious what it means.

Also thanks for got me in the world of rice a roni; must be goog and I will start a campain to get it in the supermarkets here. Lol.

Well, nobody is going to read this as I am a bit late (understatement) but I am glad I found this forum last year and finally registered today. Hop for other seasons TLC will be a bit more in line. Haha

Edited by DutchbutnoJesse · Reason: Trying out how this forum works
  • Like 3

6 minutes ago, DutchbutnoJesse said:

Well, nobody is going to read this as I am a bit late (understatement) but I am glad I found this forum last year and finally registered today. Hop for other seasons TLC will be a bit more in line. Haha

Never too late for a new snarker.  Welcome aboard!!!!

• Like 2

Though I have to admit that folding a pizza is strange. I would order a calzone if I wanted to fold my pizza.

Btw. Don't say 'in Europe they do this or that' . This continent is very diverse and customs etc. are more different than the difference between Alaska and Georgia l.

• Like 1