Type keyword(s) to search

S12.E04: The Tam Turbulence

5 minutes ago, Pepper the Cat said:

I thought Tam was going to tell Sheldon the reason he had to stay behind was because he got his girl friend pregnant 

Sheldon's petty but even Sheldon I think would have accepted this as a reason not to relocate to California.  Well, I think he would have, maybe not!

42 minutes ago, CherryAmes said:

Sheldon's petty but even Sheldon I think would have accepted this as a reason not to relocate to California.  Well, I think he would have, maybe not!

Given his views of romance and lack of sexuality i have no problem seeing him be this petty. I don't think he would have any understanding of why Tam would want to stay.  He should understand now, but being Sheldon he would not feel he did anything wrong 20 years ago. 

• Love 1

I think Raj is a dick pretty much all the time. Everything he "does" for other people is predicated on how much gratitude he will get from them. I don't think he acts selflessly at all. As Howard once said to Penny, Raj is a dick, she just doesn't know it because that was when Raj couldn't talk to women. Even as late as last season, when Raj and Howard found the drone, Raj was creepy and borderline misogynistic, as the drone's owner saw when she was reviewing the video captured by the drone. 

The thing Anu should be most worried about is that Raj has a history of dumping one girlfriend the minute he thinks another girl is interested in him. That's exactly what he did with the girl who was into horror movies - he dropped her like a hot potato once he met the girl in the comic book store who wanted to interview him. He's not only a dick but he's a flake. He had a nice thing going with that girl and had no reason to break up with her and then tried to get back together with her after the second girl rejected him. He lacks the emotional maturity to be committed and I've seen no reason to think he's learned or changed.

• Love 4
On 10/12/2018 at 3:20 PM, BlossomCulp said:

My sympathy is limited.  If I had a friend who was interested in a Raj I'd want people to tell her that all may not be as it seems.

Plus. Raj is gay -- so there is that.

On 10/16/2018 at 3:33 PM, iMonrey said:

The thing Anu should be most worried about is that Raj has a history of dumping one girlfriend the minute he thinks another girl is interested in him. That's exactly what he did with the girl who was into horror movies - he dropped her like a hot potato once he met the girl in the comic book store who wanted to interview him. He's not only a dick but he's a flake. He had a nice thing going with that girl and had no reason to break up with her and then tried to get back together with her after the second girl rejected him. He lacks the emotional maturity to be committed and I've seen no reason to think he's learned or changed.

Agreed, although I wonder if, this being an arranged marriage, the rules are different. I liked Anu in this episode (not so much in her first appearance, when she seemed bossy and rude to the waiter). However, I can tell already that she's too good for Raj. 

I thought the Tam story was weak, and only an excuse to try and correct some discrepancies between "Young Sheldon" and "The Big Bang Theory." Sheldon's reason for putting Tam on his "enemy's list" was stupid.

5 minutes ago, SmithW6079 said:

Sheldon's reason for putting Tam on his "enemy's list" was stupid.

Oh funny how we all look at things differently.  For me the reason made perfect sense.  First in that it was a logical reason for Tam to change his mind about moving but mainly because it's exactly the kind of thing that Sheldon, especially Sheldon of old, would never understand and would definitely hold a grudge over.  I give kudos to the writers for coming up with this to be honest!

• Love 4