Type keyword(s) to search

S13.E12: Nice To Meet You…Again

• Start Topic

On 10/12/2018 at 10:22 AM, lezlers said:

I used to like Shannon but I've grown to kind of loathe her. She does come across as very snotty and self involved.  When anyone new to the cast is sharing she typically just sits and stares at them and then kind of shares her own experiences but with a judgmental tone.  It's hard to explain.  Once she finally deigns you worthy of thawing out her icy persona and lets you in as a friend, she turns into an emotional vampire, sucking the life out of you (I'm no Tamra fan but she had a point about Shannon being all about Shannon.)  Her constant neurosis just seems like it makes her an exhausting person to be around. You know, if she finds you worthy of actually being around her.

Remember when Shannon went to Heathers house and Heather threw her out?  She then went to Tamras house and spilled her guts.  Also always talking about her troubles with David, all to Tamra at the time.  They all switch from one friend to another.

• Love 1
18 hours ago, Gem 10 said:

Yeah, right.  We only know what we see.  That goes for any marriage.  Shannon is a sweetie pie and a good Mother, but who knows how she was with David.  Maybe there was no fun, sex or laughter.  We could say the same about Kelly.  He was a nice guy.  Why isn’t everyone crucifying her?  He was heartbroken too, but no one is calling her out.   You are right about all of Shannon’s holistic things.  Looks like she was extreme.  I remember when they went away overnight and she was drinking booze out of the bottle to get bombed so she could have sex with him.  What the hell was that all about.  Like it was a chore and I’m sure he knew it.  He wants a fun gal, even if it’s just for awhile, not one who goes to Dr, Moon for every little thing.  Like my Mother used to say “it takes two to tango”, and “there are two sides to every story.  People don’t leave for no good reason.  I’d love to hear his side, but unfortunately guys don’t talk dammit.

I like Shannon but I can't honestly agree that she's been a good mother.   Shannon publicly aired way too much salacious detail about her problems with David on national tv and in front of her daughters.

Someone here posted that their friend saw Shannon in a restaurant and she was not only unfriendly but nasty to fans and refused to give any autographs.    That bothered me because if it's true, then the real Shannon isn't the one we see on the show.

Edited by AnnA
  • Love 3
4 hours ago, AnnA said:

I like Shannon but I can't honestly agree that she's been a good mother.   Shannon publicly aired way too much salacious detail about her problems with David on national tv and in front of her daughters.

Someone here posted that their friend saw Shannon in a restaurant and she was not only unfriendly but nasty to fans and refused to give any autographs.    That bothered me because if it's true, then the real Shannon isn't the one we see on the show.

Agree on the mothering.  To air the infidelity and divorce was pretty awful.  But then again, I think most of them that have kids and sign up for this are terrible parents for the most part.  I mean, they are getting naked wasted half the time and having knock down drag out fights to stay on TV.

On Shannon at the restaurant, I actually feel for celebrities/bravoleberties in a way.  It must be hard to always have to be "on" and not be able to eat a dinner in peace without people wanting your attention.  Her being nasty in this case doesn't bother me because I personally think the fan is the rude one.

• Love 10
4 hours ago, AnnA said:

I’m beginning to see that.  They all do.  They take their clothes off, sleep around, get wasted, and their kids are watching all this?

• Love 3
3 hours ago, sasha206 said:

Agree on the mothering.  To air the infidelity and divorce was pretty awful.  But then again, I think most of them that have kids and sign up for this are terrible parents for the most part.  I mean, they are getting naked wasted half the time and having knock down drag out fights to stay on TV.

On Shannon at the restaurant, I actually feel for celebrities/bravoleberties in a way.  It must be hard to always have to be "on" and not be able to eat a dinner in peace without people wanting your attention.  Her being nasty in this case doesn't bother me because I personally think the fan is the rude one.

I agree that most of the HWs are terrible parents.   

There's no way for us to know if the fan who approached Shannon was "the rude one."   It's possible that fan was extremely polite and didn't interrupt her meal but approached her on her way in/out with an "Excuse me Shannon.  Can I have your autograph?"   While I agree that being a celebrity can make going out difficult, I can't muster up much sympathy.   First of all Shannon is hardly an A-List celebrity.   Bravo's HW ratings aren't spectacular.    I'd venture to guess that the number of people who have no idea who Shannon is far exceeds those who do and would approach her. There's also the fact that no one is forcing Shannnon or any other celebrity to remain in the public eye.   This is the career/life they chose and most of them are well compensated for it.   Anytime Shannon doesn't want it anymore, she can quit and find another line of work.  Based on her divorce settlement,  Shannon doesn't have to work at all.

Edited by AnnA
  • Love 4
13 minutes ago, AnnA said:

There's no way for us to know if the fan who approached Shannon was "the rude one."   It's possible that fan was extremely polite and didn't interrupt her meal but approached her on her way in/out with an "Excuse me Shannon.  Can I have your autograph?"   While I agree that being a celebrity can make going out difficult, I can't muster up much sympathy.   First of all Shannon is hardly an A-List celebrity.   Bravo's HW ratings aren't spectacular.    I'd venture to guess that the number of people who have no idea who Shannon is far exceeds those who do and would approach her. There's also the fact that no one is forcing Shannnon or any other celebrity to remain in the public eye.   This is the career/life they chose and most of them are well compensated for it.   Anytime Shannon doesn't want it anymore, she can quit and find another line of work.  Based on her divorce settlement,  Shannon doesn't have to work at all.

Yeah, i hear you.  But I'm just thinking everyone is entitled to an "off" day.   I once dated someone in my youth who was a local celebrity; we would go out to dinner and be constantly interrupted.  He would be pretty gracious but there were times when it was just aggravating because if he didn't spend 10 minutes talking to them, they'd get upset.

• Love 5
On ‎10‎/‎13‎/‎2018 at 2:50 PM, Gem 10 said:

Remember when Shannon went to Heathers house and Heather threw her out?  She then went to Tamras house and spilled her guts.  Also always talking about her troubles with David, all to Tamra at the time.  They all switch from one friend to another.

Yep.  Shannon comes across to me as very entitled.  She grew up quite wealthy, I don't believe she's ever worked a regular 9 to 5 in her entire life.  She's never had to maintain relationships with people she doesn't particularly care for (like in a work environment) so she can't just be cordial to someone.  She's either your BFF or she wants nothing to do with you.  I think she's used to people kissing her ass (probably due to her money) which is why she seems so SHOCKED whenever anyone is blunt with her or even rude to her.   She's also insanely neurotic.  I've never seen anyone without any real stress in their life (other than her marriage) be so anxious and neurotic all the time.  I mean, the woman is in her fifties and didn't realize you have to pay a water bill.  I think the biggest challenge in her life so far was having to lose 30 pounds (with every available resource to do so at her disposal.)  How hard can her life possibly be?

Edited by lezlers
  • Love 5
On 10/9/2018 at 11:34 AM, Natalie68 said:

It is but many places still only sell medicinal.  I gave up my card and man was I irritated I couldn't get recreational in Anaheim!  So far the only places I know where you can buy recreational is in LA.  Weedmaps shows where one may purchase pot either for recreational or medicinal

They're all over now!  I've personally been to stores in Santa Ana, Long Beach and Wilmington.  There are also delivery services that will come to your house (very discreet).  Google is where I found the ones I've had experience with (search "dispensary").  But if you buy medicinal, taxes are half what they are if you buy recreational.

• Love 2
On 10/10/2018 at 8:21 AM, Giselle said:

They need to bring back Heather, hell even Alexis, or Lori.

The only story line Gina has are her wild, undisciplined apes beating on her and her amicable divorce from a man we have never seen. The "I'm getting a divorce story" has been done to death. We've already got two happening already on the same show do we really need a third?

Not much there.

And I don't really care for "Jessica Rabbit", her troll husband sidekick, and her thirsty Spitting Image mother in law. She bores me. I didn't give a shit when she's begging for a baby or when she lost her shit defending her rodent looking husband. Somebody get that mouse a piece of cheese.

So far nothing about them engages my currosity about their lives. They can leave anytime, I won't miss them.

LOL!!  Totally agree with your clever assessment of these people.  OMG when they were showing Emily's MIL at the doctor's office (really?!) I noticed that the skin on her face reminded me of an ostrich purse I once had.

• Love 6
On ‎10‎/‎9‎/‎2018 at 8:20 PM, mon berg said:

you don't want marijuana for that pain.

look for cbd hemp oil i expect will be legal in your country

I have a friend who needs the cbd hemp oil and swears by it for pain.   Good luck

• Love 2
On ‎10‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 9:55 AM, KungFuBunny said:

Awwww...sorry this is the anniversary of your sweetie's passing. Sending you e-Hugs

tenor.gif?itemid=9512793

I think this was the only week they "tacked" on Jerry's Play By Play - and tricked/suckered people into watching it if they set their DVR's to tape. I DVR'd a later episode so I didn't have that problem.

I still don't know how Emily manages to work as an attorney and an event planner - while seeming to be the parent who takes care of the kids the most. She wants to add another baby into the mix? When will she have time? As is, she doesn't even have the time to put the Reddi Whip back into the fridge.

When Tamra said she met Emily years ago and Emily is an attorney - I wonder if she helped Tamra with her cyst and deceased letter

The loss of a pet is tough.  I hope SCS has another pet to help cope.     And thank you for the hug picture above, it is just the cutest thing EVER.

• Love 3
On ‎10‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 10:57 AM, Kiki777 said:

I commented  on page 6, with reference to someone else accidently.   It should have mentioned you.  I truly understand about losing a pet and hope you have perhaps found a new one to share your life.   I thought this picture was hilarious too

I would bet Shane is a Jack Mormon ----- basically a Mormon in name only.  I don't see him as a true adherent unless I see the required undergarments.  But he was drinking a carbonated beverage, and unless its caffeine free, there's another violation.  I knew a couple who were Mormon, but I was shocked when he ordered an Amstel Light.  That's when I heard the term Jack Mormon.  

Gina, get off my TV screen.

My experiences in Jamaica have nothing short of bad, and even when it's a stop on a cruise, we don't get off the ship, and a vast majority of passengers feel the same way.  It's just become a dangerous place. There are so many other beautiful islands in the Caribbean.  

• Love 4
23 hours ago, AnnA said:

I totally agree, I would cringe whenever she'd disclose entirely too much and fight with David in front of their kids. Those girls are going to be scarred.  I was the one who posted that info about Shannon with fans.  It was confirmed via four separate sources that were there.  You can listen to Taste of Reality podcast and he'll go into it, he was one of the people there. 

19 hours ago, sasha206 said:

Except this was an event specifically FOR fans of RHOC and Shannon knew they'd be there.  She acted the way she did because when she walked in, she saw Gina and Emily were also there, pitched a hissy and decided she wasn't going to participate.

Edited by lezlers
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, lezlers said:

Except this was an event specifically FOR fans of RHOC and Shannon knew they'd be there.  She acted the way she did because when she walked in, she saw Gina and Emily were also there, pitched a hissy and decided she wasn't going to participate.

Ah, well that's totally different. Yes, that's fucked up!

• Love 7
2 hours ago, lezlers said:

I totally agree, I would cringe whenever she'd disclose entirely too much and fight with David in front of their kids. Those girls are going to be scarred.  I was the one who posted that info about Shannon with fans.  It was confirmed via four separate sources that were there.  You can listen to Taste of Reality podcast and he'll go into it, he was one of the people there. 

I'm sorry I didn't remember you were the one who posted about Shannon's attitude with fans.  I also didn't remember it was an OC fan event.  Shannon was the only OC HW I still liked.......now not so much!   I guess that honor falls to Kelly now.    That says a lot about how low the bar has become.  

• Love 5
3 hours ago, lezlers said:

This is reason 2,456 why I could never be HW. I’m too prickly when I’m stressed or tired or hungry. I’d need several handlers to pump me up and slap a smile on my face (and remind of of my paycheck!) when I’m feeling “over it all!”

• Love 3
4 hours ago, lezlers said:

During that drama with Lydia's mom at the birthday party for Tamara's granddaughter (I think) you could see that Shannon was really going off, cursing, yelling and acting like an ass in front of not only her kids, but other small children.  It also seemed to me that David was a voice of stability while his kids were in that situation.  I'm not saying he's wonderful, but I do think he's more measured in his reactions.  With him not there to calm the drama queen, I'll bet those girls are hearing a lot of screeching, crying, and cursing.  I think those girls are going to have a hard time later in life from their parent's issues and inability to put their children first and act like adults.  I'm not a bit surprised Shannon treats fans badly.  She seems to have this rep of being the down to earth, silly girl.  I just don't see it at all.

• Love 2
5 hours ago, lezlers said:

Eh. Big deal. I listened to a Taste of Reality podcast by someone named Jodie. (And BTW she is boring AF. That is 10 minutes of my life I will never get back). In any case according to Jodie's version (which seemed like forever to relay) Shannon entered the restaurant with her boyfriend to people screaming her name. She said to her boyfriend "I'm not doing this". Jodie saw this, but Gina and Emily didn't because they were sitting at the same table as Jodie (where the three were discussing their children - yawn) but with their backs to Shannon. When they saw Shannon was there they went and greeted her with hugs. Apparently Shannon hugged back, because they had no idea what had happened until Jodie told them upon their return to the table. 

I am not getting off the Shannon train due to one incident, which apparently has already been reported differently depending on who is doing the reporting. I have  days where I don't want to be where I am, and luckily for me for the most part if that happens I can leave. Even Howives can have bad days. At least Shannon didn't get drunk and kick a cop. If this was a pattern I think we would hear about it. I only hear from Gina and Emily that Shannon has not jumped in to be their new BFF. I wouldn't either. They would be no more than co workers to me. Which is what they are in relation to Shannon. 

Edited to add - According to Jodie, hearing Shannon say "I'm not doing this" broke her heart. Seriously? Jodie needs to get a life. 

Edited by UsernameFatigue
  • Love 6

Tamra made a couple of comments this year about how Shannon loves sex. I wouldn’t be surprised if David was the one turning her down, even before she gained weight. It would be in line with his manipulative personality as well. In terms of her getting drunk to have sex with him, I thought that was more of a camera issue—that she felt self conscious (and it was her first season) because cameras were taping the getaway.

• Love 2
52 minutes ago, UsernameFatigue said:

Eh. Big deal. I listened to a Taste of Reality podcast by someone named Jodie. (And BTW she is boring AF. That is 10 minutes of my life I will never get back). In any case according to Jodie's version (which seemed like forever to relay) Shannon entered the restaurant with her boyfriend to people screaming her name. She said to her boyfriend "I'm not doing this". Jodie saw this, but Gina and Emily didn't because they were sitting at the same table as Jodie (where the three were discussing their children - yawn) but with their backs to Shannon. When they saw Shannon was there they went and greeted her with hugs. Apparently Shannon hugged back, because they had no idea what had happened until Jodie told them upon their return to the table. 

I am not getting off the Shannon train due to one incident, which apparently has already been reported differently depending on who is doing the reporting. I have  days where I don't want to be where I am, and luckily for me for the most part if that happens I can leave. Even Howives can have bad days. At least Shannon didn't get drunk and kick a cop. If this was a pattern I think we would hear about it. I only hear from Gina and Emily that Shannon has not jumped in to be their new BFF. I wouldn't either. They would be no more than co workers to me. Which is what they are in relation to Shannon. 

Edited to add - According to Jodie, hearing Shannon say "I'm not doing this" broke her heart. Seriously? Jodie needs to get a life. 

Ooookay.  You're free to have another opinion.   I happen to love Jodie and have listened to many of her podcasts, not just 10 mins of one (she actually doesn't do Taste of Reality, she does Realitv, for what it's worth.)   Different strokes.  My opinion of Shannon isn't from that one incident, it's from watching her the past few seasons.   I think she's high maintenance emotional vampire.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, lezlers said:

Ooookay.  You're free to have another opinion.   I happen to love Jodie and have listened to many of her podcasts, not just 10 mins of one (she actually doesn't do Taste of Reality, she does Realitv, for what it's worth.)   Different strokes.  My opinion of Shannon isn't from that one incident, it's from watching her the past few seasons.   I think she's high maintenance emotional vampire.

I googled Taste of Reality podcast and Shannon's name, and came up with Jodie's podcast. Which is what I posted. I just googled again and it says Taste of Reality with Troy Turner Special Guest Jodie Hough from the Realitv Podcast. So FWIW, the podcast I listened to was Taste of Reality,  I actually have no idea who either of these people are, or their podcasts as I pretty much never listen to podcasts. I have tried a few (not these ones) and generally find the hosts to be long winded and unable to get to a point before I lose interest. But that's just me. 

I was just pointing out though that what Jodie said was not what was posted here, which was that Shannon saw Gina and Emily and pitched a hissy fit. Since it was a meet and greet apparently, why would she be surprised that fellow howives were there? That makes no sense.  I am sure several people could see the same reaction that Shannon had and have a different opinion. Maybe she was having a really bad day or wasn't feeling well, and should have called in sick, but decided to try to attend anyway? IIRC that would have been around the same time that David announced that he was moving in with his girlfriend, so maybe Shannon was dealing with more David drama. Who knows? 

In any case I like Shannon and find her pretty down to earth. I can't imagine any other Howife going on QVC and grabbing her belly to show why she felt the need to start a food line. IIRC the howives watching, and Tamra who was there live were horrified. And anyone that Archie loves can't be all that bad. Lol.

But differing opinions are what makes the world go around. And boards, too. They would be pretty boring if we all agreed on everyone and everything! 

Edited by UsernameFatigue
  • Love 7

I was rewatching a few episodes today and I stopped when Gina was talking about how difficult it is to make friends with Shannon. She was wondering why Shannon got to decide when they’d be friends and I really wanted to ask her is why should she, Gina get to decide? Normal people don’t meet and instantaneously become buddies. It takes time and maybe Shannon just doesn’t like her. It’s bad enough that these shows “force” friendships be placing perfect strangers in this little microcosm but to then force interaction even more? 

Shannon may be a pain in the ass but why should Gina decide?

She just leaves a sour taste in my mouth.

• Love 10
12 minutes ago, bagger said:

I was rewatching a few episodes today and I stopped when Gina was talking about how difficult it is to make friends with Shannon. She was wondering why Shannon got to decide when they’d be friends and I really wanted to ask her is why should she, Gina get to decide? Normal people don’t meet and instantaneously become buddies. It takes time and maybe Shannon just doesn’t like her. It’s bad enough that these shows “force” friendships be placing perfect strangers in this little microcosm but to then force interaction even more? 

Shannon may be a pain in the ass but why should Gina decide?

She just leaves a sour taste in my mouth.

IMHO, Gina and Emily have decided together that the best way to gain a season two is through Shannon.  I think Emily would rather be an ally, but Gina doesn’t care if she has to be an enemy to stay on this show.  Gina has no other means to support herself, and for some reason Emily wants to expose her marriage to scrutiny.   

Personally, I think Gina is on par - manners and mannerisms - with the trash on New Jersey and should make a work transfer.  Then instead of going in on Shannon she could stupidly have a go at Tre and be ape-woman thrown into a chair.  That would guarantee my interest in a new season on NJ, and I would even contemplate rooting for the cave woman again.  

• Love 7
11 hours ago, RedheadZombie said:

IMHO, Gina and Emily have decided together that the best way to gain a season two is through Shannon.  I think Emily would rather be an ally, but Gina doesn’t care if she has to be an enemy to stay on this show.  Gina has no other means to support herself, and for some reason Emily wants to expose her marriage to scrutiny.   

Personally, I think Gina is on par - manners and mannerisms - with the trash on New Jersey and should make a work transfer.  Then instead of going in on Shannon she could stupidly have a go at Tre and be ape-woman thrown into a chair.  That would guarantee my interest in a new season on NJ, and I would even contemplate rooting for the cave woman again.  

I hadnt even considered that because she was so annoying, whining about why the popular kids don’t want her in their inner circle Ugh. She’s more exhausting than Shannon. Neither one has much of anything going on, Emily keeps traipsing the King of Snarkasm out and Gina has her divorce from her non-present husband. Other than work out and manage unmanageable kids Gina has absolutely nothing, no job, no hobbies, no charities just her very “friendly divorce.”

Edited by bagger
  • Love 7
On 10/13/2018 at 2:50 PM, Gem 10 said:

That is the BEST, guaranteed way to have your personal business put out there for all to hear about. Just tell Tamra. As Vicki once said: there's Telephone, Telegram and Tell-a-Tamra. 

And it's true that all the HoWives switch "friends" every season to keep the drama going and keep their fat Bravo paycheck.  But Tamra is the most consistent offender of being two- faced. And she's not even good at it! Lol!

• Love 4

You know, Emily and Shannon do have a little in common, didn't Shannon go to Law School?  If Shannon was scheduled to be at the event, then she should have been professional, she is getting paid big bucks to be on the show.

• Love 2
On 10/12/2018 at 6:33 PM, Gem 10 said:

I  Havent seen Emily as a “Ball of Fire “ yet.  Has anyone?    She is the Queen of poop tho.

Oh yes we have.  When she was threatening to kill Kelly.  You could see her simmering rage and physical power.  This one has a shady backstory somewhere.  Probably worked in a low class gentleman’s club by the airport.  Used to getting into physical altercations.  

• Love 1
6 hours ago, Mu Shu said:

Oh yes we have.  When she was threatening to kill Kelly.  You could see her simmering rage and physical power.  This one has a shady backstory somewhere.  Probably worked in a low class gentleman’s club by the airport.  Used to getting into physical altercations.  

No kidding.  So she’s a tough cookie?  What I meant is that she didn’t seem funny.  She probably knocks that little shrimp around, and he loves it, lol.

• Love 4
46 minutes ago, Gem 10 said:

No kidding.  So she’s a tough cookie?  What I meant is that she didn’t seem funny.  She probably knocks that little shrimp around, and he loves it, lol.

I don’t think she’s funny either.

and I think she does knock around her husband, and he lover it and controls it.  The guy is a S.A.M., I’ll bet the farm I don’t have on it. 

• Love 2
On 10/14/2018 at 7:29 PM, AnnA said:

If a fan is paying for cable to watch you on t.v., you better be nice to your fans.  They are your bread  and butter.  Phil Michelson, a golfer, always shakes hands, signs balls, and is nice to his fans.  Tiger Woods .. No.  Just an example, I know I’m off course.

• Love 6
3 hours ago, Gem 10 said:

If a fan is paying for cable to watch you on t.v., you better be nice to your fans.  They are your bread  and butter.  Phil Michelson, a golfer, always shakes hands, signs balls, and is nice to his fans.  Tiger Woods .. No.  Just an example, I know I’m off course.

Am I the only one who got a laugh out of that?  I hope not!!

• Love 5