Type keyword(s) to search

Season 1 Discussion

• Start Topic

On 3/23/2019 at 3:02 PM, Artsda said:

So does Billy not do math? Shouldn't he have wondered also about the paternity of Dillion? Shouldn't he also have money to rent a place? Moving back to the dad you hate is his choice?

Exactly. Was that Billy’s only option? 

I know he’s a teacher now, and his wife makes more money, but doesn’t he have any NFL money left?

On 3/22/2019 at 1:40 AM, KWalkerInc said:

I'm really glad that Coop turned out to be okay.  I was very worried after her goodbye to Spencer before the game, but I guess that was because she knew she was taking a big risk and was nervous about it. 

Exactly. Her scenes were tens, especially in the bathroom. Tyrone had that gun pointed at her for a while before the police busted in. He could’ve shot her at any time. 

This show was a pleasant surprise. Not as great as Friday Night Lights but still very enjoyable. I hope it does get renewed.

Outside of the ‘who’s the daddy’ story line (insert eye roll) I’m curious about Corey becoming the coach at South Crenshaw and his proposal to Spencer and Layla’s meltdown. 

• Love 3
11 hours ago, topanga said:

Awesome news. I hope the audience grows in Season 2.

It might help that season 1 is playing on Netflix? Hulu? -- that's good for exposure. 

I know multiple people watching it on Netflix now and didn't even know that it existed beforehand. It helps.

Cw is also losing four of it's flagship shows by the end of the next year. Crazy ex, Jane, Arrow and Supernatural. I think iZombie is wrapping up too. They need content.

• Love 1
59 minutes ago, topanga said:

Monday? I don’t know if that’s a good or a bad thing. I’m very out of touch with TV schedules because I DVR everything. I barely know what stations TV shows come on these days. 

For a timeslot, it's actually one of the better ones.

However, it's still relying on All American to bring in the ratings, and with season one being as low as it was on the network, even though it seems to have done well on Netflix, that's a lot of trust on the show going into season two.

• Love 1
On 3/25/2019 at 9:03 AM, topanga said:

Exactly. Her scenes were tens, especially in the bathroom. Tyrone had that gun pointed at her for a while before the police busted in. He could’ve shot her at any time. 

That bathroom scene was implausible and just plain terrible writing. Were the police just hanging back thinking, "Let it go another 10 seconds, we have to hear him talk for a bit too!" So ridiculous. They're not going to orchestrate their informant having a gun pulled on them, and they certainly wouldn't wait to step in if it did happen.

• Love 1