Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E03: Turbulence

CooperTV
  • Start Topic

3 hours ago, shapeshifter said:

although bare feet indoors seems normal to me.

It was just my inner Grissom kicking in.

I just thought it was odd, based on the outfit she was wearing and the time of year, that she would at least have socks or stockings on. 
It's New York in autumn, after all -- it was snowing in Episode 1 when Ben and Michaela the first time they visited the location with the 2 dogs,

I completely forgot to mention -- no sign of the shadowy figure this episode.

• Love 2
On 10/11/2018 at 11:03 AM, Loves2Dance said:

I'm still watching just to find out if they ever get the voucher money for waiting for a later flight. LOL

On 10/11/2018 at 1:56 PM, Loves2Dance said:

No, but they were promised cash. The reason Ben volunteered was because it meant an extra trip to the Mayo Clinic. 

On 10/11/2018 at 6:56 PM, reallyjustjen said:

No, they were offered “travel vouchers in the amount of $400”.   There was some discussion here as to how Ben expected to fly Montego Air from NYC to the Mayo Clinic.  

When it's happened to me, the vouchers were either given to us before we board (when they were paper) or, more commonly, they are added to your frequent flyer account.  But they are only good for a year.  So, is it one year from take off, or from landing?  Cause if it's the former, those babies expired a long time ago!

• Love 3
On 10/8/2018 at 10:59 PM, shapeshifter said:

Yes. I finally thought there was hope for the show beyond being a snark fest.
If only they could squeeze in a smidge of comic relief. I mean, there must be one person from the flight who is at least like me — blurting out inappropriately frank observations and remarking on absurdities in a way that unintentionally makes people laugh. Maybe like The Lone Gunman guys from the X-Files.

The Lone Gunmen - aww. I loved the Lone Gunmen.

On 10/9/2018 at 2:19 AM, basta said:

How did the jewelry not go flying off the seat with that sudden stop?

The gold was really heavy? ;)

On 10/9/2018 at 8:10 AM, kili said:

Ben has a PhD and was an adjunct professor in mathematics. I see that he also has experience with cryptography. I bet that is going to come in handy later in solving the overall mystery...along with the MS he has in Computers. He needs to stop monkeying around solving crimes, because he should have no trouble getting a job. Maybe not as a professor (those jobs tend to be rare), but he can get work in the computing industry. 

5.5 years is an eon in the computer industry. His skills are way out of date.

On 10/9/2018 at 8:53 AM, mojito said:

I want to learn how to type like these people can. The scientist typed Kelly Taylor's name in just three or four strokes and at one point, Ben typed with only his right hand and included a lot of numbers (and maybe F keys) in the process. Yeah, I spent my career on a keyboard so I notice things like that.

Made me think of how Colbert pretends to use an adding machine.

On 10/9/2018 at 2:09 PM, MadyGirl1987 said:

I really did like how we are starting to unravel they mystery and see what actually physically happened to them. I was wondering however what tests were done on them before they were released after the flight and why that protein wasn't picked up then.

I'm guessing it was.

On 10/10/2018 at 1:12 PM, topanga said:

Grace looks like the love child of Lisa from ‘Coming to America’ and Agnes DiPesto from ‘Moonlighting.’—Annddd most of you are too young to get those references. LOL.  But I finder her unique-looking and pretty. 

Loved Agnes DiPesto (and I'm glad you added the unique and pretty). I couldn't find anyone named Lisa on the Coming to America cast list - so I'm not sure of the other half.

On 10/10/2018 at 3:13 PM, stealinghome said:

Agreed on all counts, and I thought it was telling that Grace’s answer to Ben when he asked if she loves new guy was “I love you.” That’s not a no.

It is not. It is a deflection - even if it is true. You can love two people at once - especially under these weird circumstances.

On 10/10/2018 at 4:36 PM, UNOSEZ said:

Daniel Sunjata from rescue me and that USA show with the undercover cops will be playing Danny.. And you don't bring a good looking brother like that on a show to just chill and not go after the girl... As for her intent.. I get it but at the end of the day intentions are only worth so much.. Her waffling and denials are putting Ben, olive cal( creepy kid that he is)  and Danny in a tough spot especially by not actually confronting what is happening.. I mean maybe next epi it gets sorted and Ben and grace get some space or something..and while I agree that we don't really have any bad guys here grace is turning a bad situation into a powder keg by not talking to Ben and Danny at least.. Maybe to olive as well cal is still a youngster 

Ok. Guess that'll make me team Danny. ;)

On 10/12/2018 at 10:22 PM, Moose135 said:

Director Kit Carson Vance...

(Sorry, you need to follow the Jeopardy forum to get that one.)

Good for you! Spreading the gag. ;)

• Love 5
15 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

Shari Headley.

Thanks. I did finally find her thanks to you - guess I didn't scroll long enough. You'd think named characters would be first, but I've never quite figured out IMDB's rationale for the way they list the cast.

And, I concur. That love-child combination is spot on.

Edited by Clanstarling
  • Love 2
38 minutes ago, Clanstarling said:

Thanks. I did finally find her thanks to you - guess I didn't scroll long enough. You'd think named characters would be first, but I've never quite figured out IMDB's rationale for the way they list the cast.

And, I concur. That love-child combination is spot on.

Why thank you. I wasn’t trying to be clever, but I honestly see Agnes whenever I look at Grace. But her olive coloring and full lips made me also think of Shari (who’s black). 

• Love 1
2 hours ago, topanga said:

Why thank you. I wasn’t trying to be clever, but I honestly see Agnes whenever I look at Grace. But her olive coloring and full lips made me also think of Shari (who’s black). 

As soon as you mentioned Agnes, I saw her too.

• Love 1

Ben was annoying this episode.  He's constantly telling Michaela they should not draw attention to themselves .... then he insists on tagging along into the crime scene, where he has no reason to be.   I mean, the government agents would have been suspicious anyway when they found Michaela there, but she could sort of come up with some cop reason for being there.   Ben was obviously just in the house because he was on the same flight with Kelly.  

• Love 1
On 10/9/2018 at 9:34 AM, icemiser69 said:

On 10/9/2018 at 9:34 AM, icemiser69 said:

Every time I see Michaela's eyebrows, it reminds me that I need to mow the lawn.

This is hilarious!

(And yes, I realize the post is over a week old, but I just had to comment.)  :-)

It's not Michaela's eyebrows that get to me, it's her crazy underbite which pushes her lower lip forward into a permanent and not very attractive pout.  Melissa Roxburgh can't help that, of course, it's just something she was born with - but major RBF going on and that gets tiresome. 

It was pleasant to see her in the flashback when she was leaving the party with her friend that later died in the car accident, they were tipsy and laughing.  I liked seeing her smile.

Edited by mousegirl
  • Love 1

I just started watching this and made it to ep 3.

I generally like it -- enough to want to keep watching it just to see what they are going for.  On the other hand, i have a strong suspicion they don't know what they are going for.  The show feels like it doesn't know what it wants to be so it is trying to be everything: a police procedural, a paranormal mystery, a family drama, and a soap.  The only genre missing is comedy because I don't think a single person cracked a smile yet.

I like most of the cast.  Love the doctor and the Ben and Grace.  I thought the actress who plays Grace did a fabulous job in the first ep during the scene where the families reunited.  Also, I sooo agree that she looks like Agnes Dipesto!! 

One disconnect I have is that the show seems to be underplaying  the adjustment issues everyone would have with people returning after a five year absence. They've thrown in some big things like the love triangles, the mother dying, and the Alzehimers of the BFF's mother.  And I am liking how they are portraying Ben's relationship with the Girl-Twin.  But I do think the twins could be a lot more freaked out than they've sown.  Also, it isn;t just the big things that usually make you feel out of place.  It is the little things.  Lots of little things change in 5 1/2 years.  I look around my own life and in the last five years we've bought a different car, the personnel make up in my office is completely different, the software we use at work is completely different,  we have an Alexa at home etc.  It sometimes feels like these people have slipped back into their lives a little too easily minus the romantic hiccups.

Also not a fan of Michaela so far.  She seems such a sad sack character.  And I have to keep suspending my disbelief that she's an actual cop.  She looks like she needs to be on one of the teen angst CW shows.  Also her ex-fiance looks like he is about to drop off to sleep at any minute.  The guy has the sleepiest eyes and his line delivery monotonous.

I actually want to see more of the plane characters honestly.  I wish they hadn't killed off Kelly Taylor so quickly.  She at least had some fire to her.  I loved her unapologetic bitchery. But so far it seems like they are treating the other passengers as one off plots-of-the week.

• Love 6

Now I'm sure that the heroes were in the future. That is why the police and heard the call: "Tell the truth." And it helped to uncover the murder, and, quite by accident.

And of the heroes, while I like the doctor the most, yes. Spectacular and interesting woman.😍