Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E03: Turbulence

CooperTV
  • Start Topic

5 hours ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

rolled my eyes at Cancer Doctor saying that she was going to sneak in and give herself an MRI. You can't push the buttons in the control room AND be in the magnet at the same time

I'm glad I missed that line.

5 hours ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

What Ben did (see that his door was ajar, grab a baseball bat, and then shove a stranger who was rifling through his stuff against a wall) was a pretty tame reaction for a normal person

What I was thinking: Oh, Charming, do not bring a bat to a potential gun fight.

5 HOURS AGO, ELECTRICBOOGALOO SAID:

t least we finally got confirmation that the person Grace was seeing while Ben was gone is a man! When her friend Rob referred to the person as Danny, I thought it could still go either way

Yes, I thought the writers chose a gender neutral name just to tease the audience, rather than due to late casting, but that might just be my suspicious nature.

• Love 6
7 hours ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

I rolled my eyes at Cancer Doctor saying that she was going to sneak in and give herself an MRI. 

But doctors do that all of the time on Grey’s Anatomy. They even know how to run the machine!!

7 hours ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

For a cop, Michaela didn't seem to be asking Isaiah any useful questions.

For sure. When she and her brother were at the crime scene, she accepted everything at face value while her brother was the one questioning things. Why wouldn’t she be the one doing the actual investigating? Gotta love that writing. 

Uh, who Isaiah again?

• Love 1

I agree that Ben was okay to rough up the guy he caught rifling through his closet. He’s got a bunch of nuts following him, government agents that might be following him, and hey, real life robbers that are out there. Try stopping a real-life robber by asking, “Pardon me, but do you have a legitimate reason to be here?” I doubt that will end well. It makes more sense that that was the boyfriend than just a random friend with a key. I’ve got plenty of friends, but none of them have a key to my place. What on earth for? Olive is old enough to keep track of her own belongings and to retrieve them when necessary.

I’m not loving Michaela, either the actress or the character. I think the actress is distracting-looking. Not necessarily attractive, but distractive. Rami Malek, on Mr. Robot, is also distracting-looking, but he is talented enough and the writing is strong enough that by the second episode you don’t even notice it. I’m not finding that the case here. The character of Michaela kind of sucks. I feel no sympathy for the pain she is in for her friend dying. She should feel bad; her actions directly led to her friend’s death. She knew she was at least tipsy, she considered and dismissed calling an Uber, and on top of everything else, she is a police officer who no doubt had to deal with drunk drivers everyday. {By the way, dumb dead girl, I think Uber would have been perfectly happy to drive you to get your car the next day.}  On top of all that, somehow she is not legally responsible for the accident, and she gets a promotion. What?

It sounds like I hate this show, but I don’t. I think it is a fun hour a week. But I do have some nitpicks.

• Love 8
18 hours ago, topanga said:

Still enjoying the show despite its flaws. I’m not sure why, though.  Maybe it’s the mystery of what happened to the plane. 

Same. Like I have no idea why, but I still look forward to this every week.

I'm actually feeling differently than most here in thinking this was the worst ep yet. I thought it was all laughable as hell. In a way though, that's good for me. I'm happy to watch this as a comedy lol.

I think I'm slowly beginning to like Ben though. He was more animated in this ep. He even made kind of a joke! I am with those who want him to get with the doctor.

• Love 4
46 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

I think I'm slowly beginning to like Ben though. He was more animated in this ep. He even made kind of a joke! I am with those who want him to get with the doctor.

Wait. What? Ben made a joke? I must've missed it. Can you or someone quote or paraphrase it? 

19 hours ago, stealinghome said:

(She really needs a bachelorette moment: “I pick me!...at least for a few weeks while I figure everything out.”)

Ha - to jump on the 90210 bandwagon - she needs a Kelly Taylor "I choose me" moment :-)   And yes I was totally distracted at the Kelly Taylor reference as well.

6 hours ago, Haleth said:

Did Uber exist 5.5 years ago?

It existed but not to the extent that so many people would be using it as a verb on the plane like they did.....

• Love 4

I couldn't believe that Grace was apologizing so much so the guy who came to pick up Olive's shin guards. What Ben did (see that his door was ajar, grab a baseball bat, and then shove a stranger who was rifling through his stuff against a wall) was a pretty tame reaction for a normal person who thought someone had broken into his house, let alone for someone who think that the government is spying on him.

Really, 2 different points. Grace was right to apologize and Ben was right to swing first and ask questions later.

It sounds like I hate this show, but I don’t. I think it is a fun hour a week. But I do have some nitpicks.

I am trying to decide if I like or hate this show.....and there are many, many nits to pick.

While this is an interesting premise, the pace is dreadfully slow and I am still surprised that there are not more "fish out of water" scenes since a LOT has happened in 5 years. It is a terrible continuity problem that they all fell right back into their lives without much of a change and there really should have been a long and serious trip to Mayo Clinic or some fancy hospital for all of them the second the plane landed.

I kinda like the dilemma that Grace is facing-she did NOTHING wrong. 5 and a half years went by and she was right to move on and find someone to love and who could help her. Now she has to figure out which way to go that is best for her and their kids, one of whom was also gone for 5 and a half years.

VERY glad that the government or a boogie man didn't kill the blabbermouth. It will be kinda fun watching each of these characters drama play out.

And yes, I did see the clock that said 8:28

• Love 6
30 minutes ago, icemiser69 said:

Plus, I don't think Grace is "all that" anyway.

Grace looks like the love child of Lisa from ‘Coming to America’ and Agnes DiPesto from ‘Moonlighting.’—Annddd most of you are too young to get those references. LOL.  But I finder her unique-looking and pretty. 

• Love 14
On 10/8/2018 at 11:21 PM, stealinghome said:

I had work to do so was kind of half-watching this episode, but my impression is that it was the strongest one yet. I like that we're getting movement on the mystery--even if the doctor is the only person who seems all that interested in solving it! And I like that the show is really starting to delve into the fallout of these people missing 5.5 years, as they're starting to feel like people, not just cardboard cutouts. The case was more compelling than last week's, though they can't just keep endangering every person on the flight ever week.

I thought Ben's struggles with the life Grace lived in his absence were compelling, and that situation is clearly going to blow the hell up really soon--Grace isn't being honest with herself, let alone Ben, about how she feels. It's a shitty situation that is absolutely no one's fault but Grace is making the eventual blow-up worse by lying to everyone about it. I'm morbidly curious to see how that goes and they work for me as a larger metaphor about a couple that is desperately in denial about their problems. (Though I question why anyone thinks that Ben's reaction to the strange man in the house was super weird. I feel that most men would probably have done what Ben did if they saw a strange man rooting around in their house!) I also kind of enjoyed Cal and Olive's subplot even though the Cal actor still annoys me. I also felt for Michaela as she works through some of her shit regarding her best friend's death, but that plot felt massively disconnected from the rest of the episode. It's like after the pilot they retooled the show to be more about Ben's family after positioning Michaela as the central figure there.

You can already see the swerve coming, that Michaela is going to end up with the ex-bf while Grace actually eventually chooses the new flame (Dan? Was that the name?) over Ben.

Will be interesting if the new flame turns out to be NOT so new. If they were having issues in their marriage because of Cal's cancer - Grace might have already been stepping out on Ben.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, icemiser69 said:

Grace is acting like one of those "I don't know what I really want" type of assholes who manages to sucker in a couple of poor schlubs into waiting around until she makes a decision in terms of who she wants to be with.  Meanwhile her husband and the other person she is involved with are stuck on "hold" until she gets her shit together. 

I mean, it's been like a week. It would probably take some time to figure that situation out. The only thing Grace has done wrong is initially lie to Ben. And Danny? I'm not sure if she's told him exactly what's going on or not. It's not super clear. Although, I think she told that guy at her work that she broke it off with Danny.

• Love 2
1 minute ago, peachmangosteen said:

I mean, it's been like a week. It would probably take some time to figure that situation out. The only thing Grace has done wrong is initially lie to Ben. And Danny? I'm not sure if she's told him exactly what's going on or not. It's not super clear. Although, I think she told that guy at her work that she broke it off with Danny.

I think just breaking it off with Danny is an asshole thing to do.. Not to mention she's obviously lying to herself... What about her daughter I'm sure she has a relationship with Danny.. I'm not saying it compares.. But he's been there and to just ghost him before she honestly sorts out her feelings.. Ben's.. Olive's... Danny's

18 minutes ago, UNOSEZ said:

I think just breaking it off with Danny is an asshole thing to do.. Not to mention she's obviously lying to herself... What about her daughter I'm sure she has a relationship with Danny.. I'm not saying it compares.. But he's been there and to just ghost him before she honestly sorts out her feelings.. Ben's.. Olive's... Danny's

I agree, but I also think it's understandable. Or I think that it must be really confusing and disorienting for your husband and child to come back 5 years after you thought they died so I can see why she might be confused and not reacting perfectly right. 

She probably thought it would be best to just break it off with the new guy. Like it'd be better for him because she might have initially been on sort of a high from her husband coming back, but probably now she's thinking about it more and realizes she loves Danny and so it's all confusing.

• Love 3

I forgot to add that I like that the government isn't necessarily the "bad guy" here. The government is right to want this all figured out and to determine the implication of the whole country and not just these survivors. I would hope that they'd get involved since despite Michaela and Ben and the Cancer Docs belief, the government is best positioned to figure this out-

• Love 2
10 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

I agree, but I also think it's understandable. Or I think that it must be really confusing and disorienting for your husband and child to come back 5 years after you thought they died so I can see why she might be confused and not reacting perfectly right. 

She probably thought it would be best to just break it off with the new guy. Like it'd be better for him because she might have initially been on sort of a high from her husband coming back, but probably now she's thinking about it more and realizes she loves Danny and so it's all confusing.

Agreed on all counts, and I thought it was telling that Grace’s answer to Ben when he asked if she loves new guy was “I love you.” That’s not a no.

• Love 9
5 minutes ago, stealinghome said:

Agreed on all counts, and I thought it was telling that Grace’s answer to Ben when he asked if she loves new guy was “I love you.” That’s not a no.

Yea, I feel like she probably loves Danny but also loves the fact that a man she loved and thought died is back. She's obviously confused, which makes perfect sense. She's being dishonest and waffly, but I don't feel like that makes her an asshole. There are understandable reasons for it. She's not purposefully trying to hurt Ben or Danny.

The fact that we haven't even met Danny yet makes me wonder if he really means anything to the story though. I feel like they're setting up a potential thing with Ben and the doctor though, which makes me think Grace will choose Danny. But again, we've never even seen him, so we don't really care about him. I don't know lol.

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 5
2 hours ago, topanga said:

Grace looks like the love child of Lisa from ‘Coming to America’ and Agnes DiPesto from ‘Moonlighting.’—Annddd most of you are too young to get those references. LOL.  But I finder her unique-looking and pretty. 

I'm old enough for both but I've never actually seen Coming to America...but Agnes DiPesto? Can't unsee. ?

1 minute ago, peachmangosteen said:

The fact that we haven't even met Danny yet makes me wonder if he means anything to teh story though. I feel like they're setting up a potential thing with Ban and the doctor though, which makes me think Grace will choose Danny. But again, we've never even seen him, so we don't really care about him. I don't know lol.

I said in the last thread, I was wondering if the placement of the shadow figure in Cal's drawing -- next to Grace, with the kids between them and Ben -- was a hint to who she'll end up with.

• Love 2
3 hours ago, AriAu said:

Really, 2 different points. Grace was right to apologize and Ben was right to swing first and ask questions later.

I wish Grace had started yelling at Ben for being foolish, not for swinging the bat. Ben should've called the cops and not entered the house. Hasn't he ever watched any crime shows?
Heck, I feel like yelling at the writers, "Haven't you ever watched any crime shows?!"
The only plot reason to have him do that is if they wanted him shot by a burglar so he could then magically come back to life.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, peachmangosteen said:

"... There are understandable reasons for it. She's not purposefully trying to hurt Ben or Danny.

The fact that we haven't even met Danny yet... "

Daniel Sunjata from rescue me and that USA show with the undercover cops will be playing Danny.. And you don't bring a good looking brother like that on a show to just chill and not go after the girl... As for her intent.. I get it but at the end of the day intentions are only worth so much.. Her waffling and denials are putting Ben, olive cal( creepy kid that he is)  and Danny in a tough spot especially by not actually confronting what is happening.. I mean maybe next epi it gets sorted and Ben and grace get some space or something..and while I agree that we don't really have any bad guys here grace is turning a bad situation into a powder keg by not talking to Ben and Danny at least.. Maybe to olive as well cal is still a youngster 

• Love 2

Mentioning Dan multiple times over two episodes but having him off-screen makes the story feel incomplete and unnatural.  It was similar to how they mentioned Lourdes several times in the pilot but we didn't see her until the second episode.  It just feels weird.  

• Love 7
On 10/9/2018 at 1:59 AM, sisterspoon said:

I don’t find the kid creepy.  Just... uninteresting.  Bland actor maybe?

The actress playing Michaela too.  She’s not believable as a cop and she’s got resting bitch face, all the time.  I absolutely do not care about her.  Vaseline tear?

Josh Dallas is quite good.  As is  Parvin Kaur (Dr. Saanvi).  

So much bad casting in this promising show!

Agreed on the brother and the doctor—and I am also rooting for them to get together. I was excited to see Aderholt from The Americans as the detective—-I hope he sticks around. They need some people who can actually, ya know, act.

On 10/9/2018 at 11:01 AM, Aliconehead said:

I thought the housekeeper admitted to killing her.,  She said she should have been dead and that she ruined everything by coming back.

Yeah I’m pretty sure you are correct. 

On 10/9/2018 at 12:16 PM, J0nas3 said:

Did anybody else get the impression that Grace’s sekrit lover was Kevin? Just me then? Just the guy at Grace’s work seemed like a dad, of sorts, and it felt like a cover that he’s Olive’s bf. it’s entirely possible that I need to watch the ep more closely.

Nooo not only is he a minor, but we know the “lover’s” name is Danny.

13 hours ago, Haleth said:

I'm not comfortable with this idea that the plane people are the "chosen ones" or the objects of a cult.  

I was wondering that about Uber. Also about IPads. 

5 hours ago, icemiser69 said:

Grace is acting like one of those "I don't know what I really want" type of assholes who manages to sucker in a couple of poor schlubs into waiting around until she makes a decision in terms of who she wants to be with.  Meanwhile her husband and the other person she is involved with are stuck on "hold" until she gets her shit together.  The sad part is that those two people don't know that they are being put on "hold".  Even if they did know, they both would probably still stick around for her decision.  That would be their decision to make, that still doesn't make Grace any less of an asshole.

Plus, I don't think Grace is "all that" anyway.

4 hours ago, topanga said:

Agree about Grace. She’s got great hair, but her face is quite meh. And oh my GOD I swear I was literally just thinking tonight as I watched this episode that she reminded me of Agnes. Now, to be fair, I just finished “Maniac” on Netflix, in which she appears in a minor role, so she might have been front and center in my brain because of that. But, I’m glad to have some confirmation that I’m not crazy! 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, UNOSEZ said:

Daniel Sunjata from rescue me and that USA show with the undercover cops will be playing Danny.. And you don't bring a good looking brother like that on a show to just

Seriously? I guess ifwhen Ben and the hot doctor scientist lady from the plane get together, we don't need to feel sorry for Grace.

• Love 4
5 hours ago, topanga said:

I can vaguely remember both. 

Whoever is talking about her looks: I think she's pretty enough, but that isn't always a factor in things like this, and it bugs me that it would be more understandable to some, if she were gorgeous. Her husband was in love with her for years, and didn't have that time apart from her. I don't think he's gorgeous, either. Cute in a way, but not the type that I respond to right away, looks-wise. 

• Love 4
39 minutes ago, Duke2801 said:

The first iPad was introduced in April, 2010.  I bought my Gen 2 iPad in November (?) 2012, so they would have been widely known by the time of the disappearance.

45 minutes ago, Duke2801 said:

I was excited to see Aderholt from The Americans as the detective—-I hope he sticks around. They need some people who can actually, ya know, act.

It took me a minute to figure out why he looked so familiar, but yes, great to see him in this.  Unfortunately, it didn't seem like the sort of role that has any future in the story, but I'd be glad to be wrong about that.

I guess I'm in for the ride (flight?).  I wasn't so sure after last week, but they have started to suck me in, and I'm interested in what happened to the airplane and what is going on with the survivors.

Extra credit to them for getting it right about the location of the shooting.  When the Dynamic Duo were heading there, "on Long Island", Michaela says she is "15 miles out of my jurisdiction" and they later refer to Syosset.  Syosset is a real place, it's an upscale community on the north shore of Nassau County on Long Island, right about 15 miles from the NYC city line in Queens.  I grew up on Long Island, in Nassau County, and for about 25 years before moving to North Carolina, I lived in Syosset!  And from what they showed, the patrol car and ambulance were accurate representations of Nassau County Police vehicles!

• Love 4
15 hours ago, Haleth said:

1 hour ago, Duke2801 said:

15 hours ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

8 hours ago, DFWGina said:

It existed but not to the extent that so many people would be using it as a verb on the plane like they did.....

I think it depended on where you lived. The plane incident happened 5.5 years ago which would be the spring of 2013. Uber had been operating in SF and NYC for 3-4 years by then (and Lyft was already in SF and LA at that time) so I know that I personally was specifically referring to Uber and Lyft (as opposed to saying "take a car service" or "call a taxi"). Since the show takes place in New York, I'm assuming that people there pretty familiar with Uber by 2013, especially the kind of people who were still going to bars!

For the record, Uber was only mentioned in this episode (not in the first episode when everyone was shown on the plane) and no one used it as a verb. Ben told Michaela, "This isn't Uber," and Michaela told Evie, "I'm calling Uber."

As for iPads, by 2013, several people I know were being given free iPads at work and elementary kids were being given free iPads at school (one of my friends taught at an elementary school that wasn't very fancy so I was surprised that all the kids there were given free iPads then!).

ETA: Back in ye olden days when I was in college (aka before Uber/Lyft), I drove to a party and had a little too much to drink. I walked home and then walked back the next day to get my car. So yeah, Evie, needing your car the next day is not a legit reason to say you can't take Uber. If Uber can take you home while you're drunk, it can take you back to your car the next day.

Edited by ElectricBoogaloo
  • Love 5

Michaela bugs me, or maybe it’s the eyebrows. The actress bores me. I feel like she’s trying, but not getting there, and I can see the trying. 

I guess Ben and Grace didn’t sit down after his miraculous reappearance and discuss anything at all. It’s tv so of course they didn’t. I don’t really care if they stay together. Actually I think the good doctor is more interesting than Grace anyway. 

I think I’m watching this show with a lukewarm level of interest. I’m not ready to check out yet but I haven’t bought in either. 

• Love 6

Just tell the truth Grace! The situation is super messed up, and isnt anyone's fault, but hiding it from Ben is just going to make everything worse. I actually do find the family's struggle to get back to some kind of normal interesting, and I liked that this week they hinted at or get into some different things (the twins being different ages, Ben looking for a job) but Grace holding onto this secret is so freaking frustrating! And, can she really blame Ben for attacking a guy he finds rummaging around in his house in a closet, especially after he already has had issues with people following former passengers around? 

I am still interested to see where this is going, and the acting is mostly good, but the pacing is really off. It is both moving slow as molasses, like catching up with various characters and the investigation into what happened and the possible cover up, and is moving WAY to fast, and not spending enough time building the characters and their conflicts up, and not really getting into the many ways this would affect both the world and the characters. It feels sort of half finished. Maybe it would help if the show developed a bit more of a sense of humor, or explored a few more characters? 

I did also like that this week did something a bit different, with the housekeeper and husband who didnt want the wife to come home, and her psychic stuff happening before she was even a notable character. Really, I still think this show has potential, it just needs to iron some stuff out, and maybe set up more of an identity for itself, and a more distinct personality. 

I now wonder if they are heading to Grace choosing her new partner, and Ben getting with the doctor? 

• Love 3

It's interesting how TV shows have primed us to think a certain way in terms of couplings.  There is talk of Ben and the doctor, even though there has been absolutely nothing romantic between them in their interactions.  I suppose they could have chemistry if developed, but I'm also fine with them not going there.

Edited by Camera One
  • Love 7

I think that the Captain where Jared and Michaela worked should had stopped Director Vance from threatening them. And really it was his precinct despite Vance running the show and all of that. Vance has a job to do yes. But still threatening those two crossed a line

Hope the government is not bad or anything. But really Vance crossed a line there. 

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Moose135 said:

2 hours ago, Loves2Dance said:

I'm still watching just to find out if they ever get the voucher money for waiting for a later flight. LOL

With 5 1/2 years' accrued interest!

But under the circumstances, do you actually want to fly Mo-Bay Airlines again?

• Love 9
38 minutes ago, Netfoot said:

But under the circumstances, do you actually want to fly Mo-Bay Airlines again?

No, but they were promised cash. The reason Ben volunteered was because it meant an extra trip to the Mayo Clinic. 

• Love 8
5 hours ago, Loves2Dance said:

No, but they were promised cash. The reason Ben volunteered was because it meant an extra trip to the Mayo Clinic. 

No, they were offered “travel vouchers in the amount of $400”.   There was some discussion here as to how Ben expected to fly Montego Air from NYC to the Mayo Clinic.  

Edited by reallyjustjen
  • Love 5

Random theory: All the members of flight 828 died and were sent to Michael’s “Good Place” but have been rebooted and sent back to Earth to save enough people to earn enough points to get into the Real Good Place, in a elaborate NBC crossover special. 

I mean it makes about as much sense as any of this other shit they seem to be trying. This episode was better but it I don’t think they know what they want the show to be yet. 

Edited by Trillium
  • Love 11

Presumably there is a story arc whereby some or all of the passengers and crew successfully retrace the flight path back through the wormhole and either get back to the correct time line, or repeatedly pass through alternative time lines (similar to episodes seen on the new Outer Limits, Sliders, etc.). Are these alternatives in the works??

• Love 1
2 hours ago, reallyjustjen said:

No, they were offered “travel vouchers in the amount of $400”.   There was some discussion here as to how Ben expected to fly Montego Air from NYC to the Mayo Clinic.  

OoO see how much I paid attention! LOL

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Trillium said:

Random theory: All the members of flight 828 died and were sent to Michael’s “Good Place” but have been rebooted and sent back to Earth to save enough people to earn enough points to get into the Real Good Place, in a elaborate NBC crossover special. 

I’d watch the hell outta that show. LOL 

• Love 8
23 hours ago, Camera One said:

It's interesting how TV shows have primed us to think a certain way in terms of couplings.  There is talk of Ben and the doctor, even though there has been absolutely nothing romantic between them in their interactions.  I suppose they could have chemistry if developed, but I'm also fine with them not going there.

Unfortunately the writers have been dropping anvils about those two ending up together.

• Love 3
19 minutes ago, green said:

Unfortunately the writers have been dropping anvils about those two ending up together.

She is just gorgeous. And the camera does these tight close ups of their faces whenever Saanvi (?) and Ben talk to each other on the phone. So yeah, I think the show wants our minds to go there. 

• Love 2

Finally getting to watch this week's episode. Paying special attention to her eyebrows. They should have their own show. She's got thicker eyebrows than her brother Ben does.  She is going to be for ever more known to me as The Caterpillar Lady.

Edited by Skycatcher
  • Love 5
21 hours ago, Passepartout said:

Director Vance from threatening them. And really it was his precinct despite Vance running the show and 

Director Vance???????  NCIS, anyone?  Along with "Kelly Taylor"?  What's up with these writers? This might have the potential for a drinking game.

Edited by Skycatcher
  • Love 7

I don't think this show figured out yet what it wants to be. Is it sci fi? Religious? Or a regular drama that ignores the weirdness? So far it seems like the later. The mystery is second to the relationship drama. 

• Love 2

Hi, Sakura 12. It's too bad they are still unclear about what they want the show to actually do. Now that you mention it, I see the ambiguity and confusion the way you describe it! The show may not succeed if it doesn't get the story line straightened around....

13 hours ago, Skycatcher said:

Director Vance???????  NCIS, anyone?  Along with "Kelly Taylor"?  What's up with these writers? This might have the potential for a drinking game.

Lol, and both Director Vance's are middle-aged African-American men. Who's the next character to turn up, Olivia Benson?

Edited by BitterApple
  • Love 1
On 10/9/2018 at 1:32 AM, djinn said:

Yep. That was my impression from Episode 2 onwards. Grace actually did move on and is only in love with a memory, cop ex-boyfriend is still in love with Michaela.

Yep. And the doctor and Ben will end up hooking up, if the show lasts that long. 

This show has a very interesting concept but is boring. I just don’t care about any of these people, save for the doctor whose the most charismatic person on the show, which isn’t saying a lot. Even Prince Charming aka Ben is pretty dull in this, and don’t even get me started on the sister. The actress just isn’t good. 

But I keep watching waiting for this to get better. I give it another episode or two before I give up and move on. Sigh. 

• Love 2
3 hours ago, BitterApple said:
16 HOURS AGO, SKYCATCHER SAID:

Director Vance??????? NCIS, anyone? Along with "Kelly Taylor"? What's up with these writers? This might have the potential for a drinking game.

Lol, and both Director Vance's are middle-aged African-American men. Who's the next character to turn up, Olivia Benson?

Whew. Reading this thread I momentarily thought y'all had somehow mistaken H!ITG! actor Daryl Edwards for Rocky Carroll. I hadn't caught the name of the character, Director Vance, who, BTW, according to IMDb, might not have a first name other than Director. Does that mean he might as well be Director Redshirt?

Anyway, I think they're due for a Lost character name shout-out, like maybe:
[overheard on the intercom in the hospital during Cal's next appointment]: Paging Dr. Locke. Paging Dr. John Locke.
{or even} Paging The Doctor.
If the writers don't want any characters doing comic relief, I hope they at least throw us a bone every episode with a fourth-wall-breaking name drop.

• Love 7
37 minutes ago, shapeshifter said:

I hadn't caught the name of the character, Director Vance, who, BTW, according to IMDb, might not have a first name other than Director.

Director Kit Carson Vance...

(Sorry, you need to follow the Jeopardy forum to get that one.)

• Love 4
On 10/11/2018 at 12:49 AM, ramble said:

Michaela bugs me, or maybe it’s the eyebrows. 

Or maybe the terribly dull flashbacks ?

My question is -- if ConspiracyLady/Kelly Taylor was shot at the base of the skull, and it was a through-and-through, and they dug the bullet out of the wall, how come there were no exit wounds on her face and next ?   A wound that was big enough to cover the TV, wall, and curtains in blood spatter and bits of brain (because there were chunks of stuff on the TV).

They showed that she was facing forward watching the TV when she was shot, but then when the coroner lifted her head, she appeared to have been shot on the side of her head above the right ear.  Maybe she turned her head ?  And how come there was no blood on the pillow that was directly between her and the chair back -- yet the chair back to her right was drenched in blood.
And there was no blood on the wine glass, but there was blood on her right arm that held the wine glass, and there was blood on the right arm of the chair.

When the CSU tech put the bullet in the bag, there was no blood on it, but the portion of the wall he pulled it out of had blood on it.

When Ben and Michaela arrive on the scene, there is a massive blood stain on the carpet beside the sheet of plastic the body was on -- where did that come from ? 
And for some reason, ConspiracyLady/Kelly Taylor was barefoot -- no one thought that was odd ?

• Love 3