Type keyword(s) to search

S10.E01: BoxLock, Le-Glue, FinalStraw, Bear Minimum

sadiegirl
  • Start Topic

A lot of kids (or, well, let's be honest, their parents) use Lego for school projects, so I think people would definitely buy the glue for that kind of thing. But watching that dad mouth along to not just his son's pitch but also when he answered questions was... off putting.

• Love 1

My fourth-grader brought home an art contest flyer. I am now aware of strawsome.com. Glass straws ranging in price from $3.50 (clearance) to $22.95. They partnered with Starbucks for the Venti straw, too. Boy, some people spend a lot of time thinking about straws.  

They have some nice causes. 

On 10/12/2018 at 8:42 AM, AEMom said:

A lot of people use straws for various reasons - because they have no choice medically, because they don't want to get coffee/tea stains on their teeth, don't want their lips to touch potentially unclean cups and glasses, whatever.

But if the glass was unclean, why would anyone even want to drink what was in it?  

I'm in Canada,  and my dad lives in a large condo building.  Twice he's ordered something from Costco which was delivered via UPS. He was home all day both times. Once, he happened to notice the UPS truck outside and when he went down, there were stickers on everyone's mailbox "Sorry, you weren't home you'll have to come pick it up at the depot." They don't even try to ring doorbells,  they sure as hell won't work with a lockbox. 

There's really no way to tell how clean a restaurant's glasses are (unless there's an obvious lipstick print or the rim or dirt that shows). I cringe when I think back to bar hopping in my college days when the method of "washing" glasses was apparently to dip them in this blue water and reuse. But as far as restaurants go, I think people are most skeeved by the idea of placing their lips directly on a possibly dirty glass. 

As for UPS, yeah just happened to me a few weeks. I happened to pass my front door as the guy was sticking a note on the door and was able to catch him before he left. But I was right there in my living room, no knock, no doorbell. 

• Love 1

Hated the straw idea.  Too expensive.  Too inconvenient.  Woman, generally have purses to carry around, I guess you would keep it in there.  But as a guy, where am I going to carry around an expensive straw to wip out and use.  I generally just skip straws anyway.  It would get dirty and hard to clean.  And even if I did remember to bring it with me, I'd lose it, leave it at the restaurant, within a few weeks of buying it.  Plus I am pretty sure there are a dozen other similar products that are probably cheaper.  I know I have seen ads for them all over

I liked the Leglu the best.  Yes I found the kid a bit annoying in his pitch, but no more so than many of the other adults that come on there.  I can see it being a product people would use and great that it dissolves in water as well if you want to take it apart.  I wondered what it was made of/how its made.  Could also have uses in other things besides legos. 

Camp cookware, I am just not an outdoor guy so I have no idea how useful that is or isn't.  However I was confused.  Do you cook with it?  Or eat out of it?  Or both?  if you cook with it, won't you need it to cool to then eat out of it or open it up?  I know it had the handle something over the handle to maybe deal with the heat?  Not sure, but anyway, I would not have done that deal because that woman I found annoying.  Struck me as overly emotional and I would bet would be annoying to work with.  I get it about the story of their investor stealing money, not criticizing her for that, but about everything she seemed overly dramatic and emotional.  And her profession is in acting, my guess is she has a histrionic personality, just based on how she acted on the show and the fact she is literally an actress, that personality type of common in that profession.  Would be hard to work with someone with that personality. 

The lock box for the delivery, actually is a good idea but I agree with others, getting the drivers to use it would be key and unless its super fast and easy, won't happen.  I wasn't really clear on how the lock knew the deliver code, how it gets in their to the lock to identify the package.  Does the owner do that or how does the lock have those package codes.  Also wasn't clear, do you buy the box and the lock separate? 

Anyway what would have been really ideal would be to find some way to combine Ring with the delivery box idea.  Not sure how that would happen, they they are two closely related products and it seems some type of integration would be possible. 

• Love 1
On 11/30/2018 at 11:39 PM, DrSpaceman73 said:

The lock box for the delivery, actually is a good idea but I agree with others, getting the drivers to use it would be key and unless its super fast and easy, won't happen.  I wasn't really clear on how the lock knew the deliver code, how it gets in their to the lock to identify the package.  Does the owner do that or how does the lock have those package codes.  Also wasn't clear, do you buy the box and the lock separate? 

Anyway what would have been really ideal would be to find some way to combine Ring with the delivery box idea.  Not sure how that would happen, they they are two closely related products and it seems some type of integration would be possible. 

Actually, I think the lock box would work if the owner left the lid up/open and the delivery person put the package in it and just closed it.  It would have to lock automatically, but if it was just a put the package in it and close the lid situation it may not take any extra time.

• Love 1