Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E09: 80's Ladies

• Start Topic

D'Andra made LeeAnne seem like a horrible friend for bringing up the $200 comment but she really sees no issue with bringing up rumours on camera about whether her friend's fiance is being faithful to her or not? How is D'Andra's behaviour not WAY worse than what LeeAnne did? 

And Brandi complaining about LeeAnne going around telling people not to be her friend while she goes around telling people not to trust LeeAnne and make comments about LeeAnne being jealous of her friends...like that's not going to stir the pot and cause drama. Both Brandi and D'Andra are willing to look like hypocrites faking some moral high ground in order to go full scorched earth on LeeAnne. They must be really desperate because we've seen enough of LeeAnne to know that she's good at sabotaging herself. They could have saved themselves far less of looking like a couple of bitches if they weren't blinded by their desire to take down LeeAnne. And Brandi, if you're going to bring up the relationship of someone who you aren't friends with, you won't be seen as someone with good intentions so if you want to get involved in someone else's business, nasty retorts are fair game. LeeAnne asking whether your adopted son was an effort to save your marriage is pretty savage, but if you don't want to be served nasty, don't dish it either. 

I didn't realize that when you're engaged to a man, it means that you have to sew yourself to his side and do everything with him. D'Andra is really reaching to make herself seem like this amazing friend who is just genuinely concerned. I think D'Andra is unhappy and is projecting on LeeAnne. D'Andra went from rational last season to bitch this season. Chill out woman. 

Stephanie with her braces won the night for me, haha. 

Edited by RHJunkie
  • Love 15
2 hours ago, MinorL said:

I am so confused what D’Andra is doing. It makes no sense. This used to be one of my favorite franchises but this nonsensical storyline is eating the show and I’m not a fan of it 

I’m totally confused by D’Andra as well. I’m not thinking her behavior this season is the best way to promote her product and business. Maybe Mama Dee has a point, dog’s rip and all. Who knows though, maybe their sales have skyrocketed since the drama. 

• Love 5
12 hours ago, RHJunkie said:

I didn't realize that when you're engaged to a man, it means that you have to sew yourself to his side and do everything with him.

It's beyond ridiculous. ALL of these women do things without their husband. Often. Travis works like crazy. Bryan doesn't seem to ever be home. Yet LeeAnn is the only one accused of "living a separate life"? It's baffling. 

• Love 14
6 hours ago, ghoulina said:

It's beyond ridiculous. ALL of these women do things without their husband. Often. Travis works like crazy. Bryan doesn't seem to ever be home. Yet LeeAnn is the only one accused of "living a separate life"? It's baffling. 

Funnily enough, ALL of their trips have been sans husbands/boyfriends. That by the very definition is called 'doing things separately from your partner'. Did D'Andra show up to that party with her husband? Did she got to rodeo with her husband? Did her husband even show up with her to Stephanie's surprise baby shower for Brandi? The only time I've seen her with her husband is when she's filming events in her own home.

• Love 14
2 hours ago, RHJunkie said:

Funnily enough, ALL of their trips have been sans husbands/boyfriends. That by the very definition is called 'doing things separately from your partner'. Did D'Andra show up to that party with her husband? Did she got to rodeo with her husband? Did her husband even show up with her to Stephanie's surprise baby shower for Brandi? The only time I've seen her with her husband is when she's filming events in her own home.

Yes. Exactly. I think the only husband we see quite a bit of is Mark. 

• Love 5
13 hours ago, ghoulina said:

Yes. Exactly. I think the only husband we see quite a bit of is Mark. 

Speaking of which! Previews show LeeAnne and him in the same room.

I have yet to see Part 2 from last year's reunion, so I have no idea what happened between the two of them.  Did LeeAnne apologize or double down about the extracurricular activities at The Round Up?

• Love 2
On 10/11/2018 at 10:00 AM, Keywestclubkid said:

At first, I thought it was strange that LeeAnne said my priorities have changed since Brandi and I have started spending more time together, but the more I thought about it, I was thrilled she had noticed. My priorities have changed. I still very much have a heart for philanthropy, however, the “charity scene” is no longer important to me. Helping people and giving what I can of my time and resources will always be a priority to me but attending charity events simply to socialize is exhausting when I am focusing on my business, and it doesn’t serve the cause as much as putting your money where your mouth is! 

However, it now makes sense why LeeAnne was so upset about my decision to forgo every society invitation. Society is something she desperately wants to be a part of, and it doesn’t make sense to her that I no longer care about being seen at every glamorous event. From the outside looking in, it may seem glamorous and exciting! To me, though, it had become constricting and was taking all of my time and energy when I really needed that to be focused elsewhere. 

http://www.bravotv.com/the-real-housewives-of-dallas/season-3/blogs/dandra-simmons/dandra-simmons-i-did-not-bring-brandi

This Bravo blog doesn't make sense at all. D'andra is putting those two parties together. The first party was LGBTQ something no tie event where she brought Brandi but she is calling it here Patron event. She said she went home after their "boozy" lunch and brought Brandi change of clothes because she lives too far. Even if their lunch was till 4 pm where was Brandi until they went to the event in the same car? They arrived when it was almost over so let's say past 9:30 pm. Where was Brandi for 5 hours if she didn't go home to change and we know she wasn't with D'andra? (She had to go to some bar and continue drinking as she was completely drunk after 9:30 pm.) Then D'andra starts talking about the co-chair thing but it was Kameron who was co-chair for the 80's AIDS services no tie event. She is saying she should know better than bring tipsy Brandi without telling Leeann but she was invited to this event independently of Leeann because she was past honorary chair to AIDS services of Dallas before Leeann and Kameron even heard of the organisation. So which event she was invited independently of Leeann - LGBTQ or AIDS services??? But then she goes back talking about the LGBTQ event and how she went home after their lunch and she was completely sober and did some work before picking up Brandi and going to Patron (which we saw on the screen called LGBTQ) no tie event. So she is mixing possibly 3 different events together. I guess she had too much to drink while writing the blog. It's such a mess.

• Love 7
On 10/11/2018 at 9:00 AM, Keywestclubkid said:

At first, I thought it was strange that LeeAnne said my priorities have changed since Brandi and I have started spending more time together, but the more I thought about it, I was thrilled she had noticed. My priorities have changed. I still very much have a heart for philanthropy, however, the “charity scene” is no longer important to me. Helping people and giving what I can of my time and resources will always be a priority to me but attending charity events simply to socialize is exhausting when I am focusing on my business, and it doesn’t serve the cause as much as putting your money where your mouth is! 

However, it now makes sense why LeeAnne was so upset about my decision to forgo every society invitation. Society is something she desperately wants to be a part of, and it doesn’t make sense to her that I no longer care about being seen at every glamorous event. From the outside looking in, it may seem glamorous and exciting! To me, though, it had become constricting and was taking all of my time and energy when I really needed that to be focused elsewhere. 

http://www.bravotv.com/the-real-housewives-of-dallas/season-3/blogs/dandra-simmons/dandra-simmons-i-did-not-bring-brandi

This makes D'Andra sound like a fucking bitch.  "I have something LeAnne desperately wants, but I don't even WANT it!"

On 10/11/2018 at 11:38 AM, ghoulina said:

I also think that D'Andra really really wants to be friends with Brandi (for some reason), but she knows it would be an issue with LeeAnn. So she's trying to intentionally create cracks in their friendship. I know that sounds crazy; but the more I watch D'Andra, the more I get high school-drama vibes. 

YES - I can absolutely see that.  We all see what you are doing D'Andra!

On 10/11/2018 at 9:42 PM, LilaFowler said:

Brandi is such an ugly person.

Cary is an asshole.

D'andra is a horrible friend.

I don't like most of these people anymore.

This definitely sums up my thoughts!

• Love 6

Why isn't Stephanie whose life 'is ruled by my bladder', doing Kegel exercises or working with a Yoni egg?

Maybe she doesn't want to spend all that time and effort when she can seemingly take care of the issue in literally minutes? (Not that I would personally choose the surgery route, but it ain't my vagina.)

Again, I loved Brandi and Stephanie's friendship. It gives me heart. It's the truest and most enjoyable friendship I think I've seen on any HW franchise. They build each other up, those two and it's refreshing.

Their camaraderie really is the best ever.

LOL at LeeAnne aping Brandi's drunken swaying.

• Love 4
On 10/10/2018 at 10:40 PM, angelamh66 said:

I will usually defend Brandi to the ends of the earth, but her poking at LeAnne about the wedding date.... no. Just no. It really is nobody's business. And what kind of friend (looking at you D'Andra) brings this stuff up on camera. 

On a completely shallow note LeAnne needs to work on matching her foundation to the rest of her. There is a very clear line of demarcation between her face and her neck. It is all I can see sometimes. 

I actually think LeeAnne is beautiful. She has these big blue eyes, really compliments her face. 

I can only hope I look as good as her in 20 years! 

• Love 1
On 10/12/2018 at 10:51 PM, RHJunkie said:

D'Andra made LeeAnne seem like a horrible friend for bringing up the $200 comment but she really sees no issue with bringing up rumours on camera about whether her friend's fiance is being faithful to her or not? How is D'Andra's behaviour not WAY worse than what LeeAnne did? 

And Brandi complaining about LeeAnne going around telling people not to be her friend while she goes around telling people not to trust LeeAnne and make comments about LeeAnne being jealous of her friends...like that's not going to stir the pot and cause drama. Both Brandi and D'Andra are willing to look like hypocrites faking some moral high ground in order to go full scorched earth on LeeAnne. They must be really desperate because we've seen enough of LeeAnne to know that she's good at sabotaging herself. They could have saved themselves far less of looking like a couple of bitches if they weren't blinded by their desire to take down LeeAnne. And Brandi, if you're going to bring up the relationship of someone who you aren't friends with, you won't be seen as someone with good intentions so if you want to get involved in someone else's business, nasty retorts are fair game. LeeAnne asking whether your adopted son was an effort to save your marriage is pretty savage, but if you don't want to be served nasty, don't dish it either. 

I didn't realize that when you're engaged to a man, it means that you have to sew yourself to his side and do everything with him. D'Andra is really reaching to make herself seem like this amazing friend who is just genuinely concerned. I think D'Andra is unhappy and is projecting on LeeAnne. D'Andra went from rational last season to bitch this season. Chill out woman. 

Stephanie with her braces won the night for me, haha. 

Exactly, they’re both doing the same thing! I honestly feel like this season is really about Brandi vs. LeeAnne and they’ve both try to recruit people to their side to get at each other. 

I like Cameron, but she acts like she’s like 60, sometimes and then other times she acts like a clueless 15 year old girl lol. She is not of her generation. And her husband talks to her like she’s his child. Both of them act anything but their age, it’s odd. 

• Love 2