Type keyword(s) to search

S24.E02: Rowan Atkinson, Jamie Lee Curtis, Gary Barlow, Jeff Goldblum, Imelda May

• Start Topic

Together on Graham's sofa tonight: comedy genius Rowan Atkinson, back in action in Johnny English Strikes Again, actress Jamie Lee Curtis, reprising her role as Laurie Strode in the new Halloween, 40 years after the original; pop star Gary Barlow, talking about his autobiography A Better Me; and Hollywood king of cool Jeff Goldblum, who chats and performs Straighten Up and Fly Right with Imelda May

I expected  Graham to address JLC as Baroness, and kind of wanted him to talk about how she likes the House of Lords, but maybe there was a rule to stick to showbiz.

I'm growing less fond of Goldblum as time goes on, I find.

I love Rowan.

• Love 6
9 minutes ago, attica said:

I expected Graham to address JLC as Baroness, and kind of wanted him to talk about how she likes the House of Lords, but maybe there was a rule to stick to showbiz.

She's no Rod Stewart, that's for sure. As much as I like JLC,  I think she was trying a bit too hard.

27 minutes ago, attica said:

I love Rowan.

The movie he made with Goldlbum, The Tall Guy, is hilarious. It also stars Emma Thompson and has one of the very best sex scenes ever filmed. 

I didn't enjoy the Big Red Chair story nearly as much as Graham did. 

• Love 2

dear god, jamie lee curtis is an insufferable bitch. i didn't realize she thought so much of herself. nasty woman.

and jeff goldblum in very small doses please.

don't even know who the other younger guy is. rowan is ok but his movies are too juvenile.

i actually deleted this about 1/2 thru. probably the first time ever for a graham norton show. 

• Love 4
9 hours ago, msrachelj said:

dear god, jamie lee curtis is an insufferable bitch. i didn't realize she thought so much of herself. nasty woman.

and jeff goldblum in very small doses please.

don't even know who the other younger guy is. rowan is ok but his movies are too juvenile.

i actually deleted this about 1/2 thru. probably the first time ever for a graham norton show. 

Agree, about Jaime she was very off putting in general but an ass to jeff. At least he was nice.

• Love 1
On 10/13/2018 at 5:24 PM, dubbel zout said:

She's no Rod Stewart, that's for sure. As much as I like JLC,  I think she was trying a bit too hard.

I thought I liked her, too, but she was too much here. I don't know if it was nerves, but yes, she was trying too hard.

The movie he made with Goldlbum, The Tall Guy, is hilarious. 

I've never seen it, but I vaguely remember when it came out. I think it fizzled. But hearing Rowan talk about it -- and now your review -- makes me want to see it. I'll see if it's streaming anywhere.

I adore Jeff Goldblum, and he did nothing wrong here as far as I'm concerned. But I think my favorite guest this time was Gary Barlow. He was just so interesting, and I wanted to hear so much more from him.

My favorite Gary Barlow appearance had him playing the electric keyboard for Will Smith and the theme song of Fresh Prince. He really looked like he was having fun being silly. (and knew the whole song.)

• Love 4

The chemistry on this couch was off and I agree that it was mostly due to JLC. Not sure what was going on - she came off as if on a sugar-high. That said Goldblum is bringing along his own universe wherever he goes and that can be difficult to outbalance. I felt for Gary Barlow caught in that sandwich of awkward. Agreed that he was the best guest, I was really interested in what he had to say. I've never seen Atkinson out of character so I have no idea if he's always that subdued or if he was just adjusting to the general vibe.

• Love 4

JLC acted like that last night on James Corden's show too. She was on with an actor named Felix Mallard and it was his first time being on a talk show. She even acknowledged she was acting like a crazy woman and said out loud that it was probably something Felix would mention to others when telling them about his first time being on a show like that.

• Love 1

Maybe it's the sugar in all that Activia she eats?

I tuned out almost immediately upon seeing that Goldblum was a guest. The remnant of my ancient crush on Barlow wasn't enough to make me put up with him for an hour.

Did Jeff Goldblum kill her dog or something?  Geez, but that was uncomfortable - especially when JLC was doing the weird robot arms to demonstrate how Jeff Goldblum acts.  He was very gracious about her jackassery towards him.  And JLC, STOP PAWING OTHER PEOPLE.  If it's inappropriate for a man to touch a woman like that, it's inappropriate for you to do it to poor Gary Barlow.  

• Love 1