Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week Of 10/8/2018

Jaded
  • Start Topic

I turned on The View a few minutes late, and Whoopi kicked it off with discussion of Hurricane Michael. I'm going to interrupt myself to say I hope you are all out of this monster storm's path and will stay safe.

Anyhow, Whoopi mentions that FL Gov. Rick Snakeface said it's too dangerous to evacuate at this point. Then she said, "You need to do whatever you need to do to be safe." That certainly doesn't put too fine a point on it. 

"If you can get to shelter, get to shelter now. Don't wait. Don't think you can ride this out...."

Whoopi, if you can't evacuate, you have to ride it out. I suppose she could be referring to An Official Shelter like, "Go to your town's school/church/town hall where they've set up a shelter," but you're still freaking riding out the storm in said place, if you didn't evacuate. She concluded her PFPSA* with, "Know that we'll keep folks in the loop with what's going on." 

You need to do what you need to do.  Also, the first rule of Tautology Club is the first rule of Tautology Club. 

God bless any and all who are relying on The View for their hurricane safety news.

*PFPSA: Pot-Fueled Public Service Announcement

• Love 22

So, apparently today is the day Meghan destroys any goodwill she had built up after her father’s death.  She’s back to interrupting and screeching.  And, of course, turning every conversation into something about her.  I’m glad Whoopie finally said that everyone who’s lost someone continues to grieve.  They adjust, they go on, but, the loss remains.  FOR EVERYONE, MEGHAN!

• Love 23
7 minutes ago, Haleth said:

A discussion about teen suicide is turned around to be about Meggie's grief.

There needs to be better access to mental healthcare for everyone. I know RBM always likes to point out what veterans need more of but this is an issue that applies to all. There's a 4mo long or longer wait to see someone at the mental health center in my area. 

• Love 12

Once I actually saw it, I didn't mind Meghan's contribution to either the Cardi B conversation or the suicide conversation. I don't like Meghan, but she's been not only way more offensive but also way more self-centered. 

On the next topic, you bet your ass she has a gangster pre-nup, and not because of his shitty little company or her "stuff." Her parents would have damn well insisted, and not even because of Senator McCain's own wealth, but because of Cindy's huge Hensley & Co. fortune. No way some one-day ex son-in-law is getting his mitts on that. 

• Love 16
20 minutes ago, OnTime said:

Sunny is entirely too sappy! 

She needs to wake up and stop whining about  "love and family" as reason not a get a prenup. And she is an attorney??? Would never know it today.

Especially if she is constantly looking over her shoulder for him cheating with another woman.

• Love 9

I love Neil Patrick Harris, but someone in the makeup department doesn't. He looked like he nipped over from a Broadway dress rehearsal. They must have some sort of makeup blenders backstage left over from View Your Deal. For cry-yi-yi. He's a great looking guy. Makeup should enhance that. I think the color palette was all wrong too. 

(Did he come from a rehearsal or on his way to a matinee? Maybe I missed him mentioning it.) 

I don't know if I can watch the final segment. The intro was difficult enough. 

• Love 2
43 minutes ago, General Days said:

I turned on The View a few minutes late, and Whoopi kicked it off with discussion of Hurricane Michael. I'm going to interrupt myself to say I hope you are all out of this monster storm's path and will stay safe.

Anyhow, Whoopi mentions that FL Gov. Rick Snakeface said it's too dangerous to evacuate at this point. Then she said, "You need to do whatever you need to do to be safe." That certainly doesn't put too fine a point on it. 

"If you can get to shelter, get to shelter now. Don't wait. Don't think you can ride this out...."

Whoopi, if you can't evacuate, you have to ride it out. I suppose she could be referring to An Official Shelter like, "Go to your town's school/church/town hall where they've set up a shelter," but you're still freaking riding out the storm in said place, if you didn't evacuate. She concluded her PFPSA* with, "Know that we'll keep folks in the loop with what's going on." 

You need to do what you need to do.  Also, the first rule of Tautology Club is the first rule of Tautology Club. 

God bless any and all who are relying on The View for their hurricane safety news.

*PFPSA: Pot-Fueled Public Service Announcement

Whoopi could write tons of pamphlets which contained nothing but her favorite go to phrases.  Pregnancy planning, "girl, you need to do what you need to do". Retirement planning "hey, you need to do what you need to do".  Two of her other favorite phrases are "well (long pause), everybody's different" and "just mind you own damn business", but she prefers the latter because it is almost guaranteed audience applause.

• Love 16
51 minutes ago, CheezyXpressed said:

During Cardi's AMA and the topic being women not letting pregnancy stop them from having it all, Meghan brought the topic back to her and not wanting kids

Well, Meghan still has to be able to smoke cigars and go shooting with her gun. And I'm sure get in some Jack Daniels too.

• Love 13
10 minutes ago, Haleth said:

Especially if she is constantly looking over her shoulder for him cheating with another woman.

I always get the feeling it's a role she plays for her husband.  I'm not saying she's not bit jealous especially when she was young.  It just feel at least to me like an act.  Almost like she does it to boost his ego. They seem to be a happy family so the overly jealous act doesn't ring true. 

I like Sunny but the whole prenuptial conversation was a bit ridiculous.  If you have no money then yes it's probably not something you think about. I'm sure  if Sunny remarried she'd get a prenup.

As an attorney , Sunny I'm sure looks at things logically.  So her "it's all about love"  was dumb. 

• Love 16
1 hour ago, CheezyXpressed said:

I have a feeling that I know what the users here will complain about with regards to today's episode.

During Cardi's AMA and the topic being women not letting pregnancy stop them from having it all, Meghan brought the topic back to her and not wanting kids. And during a topic about suicide, she brought it back to her grief for her father.

I'm okay with both, since they're kind of on topic, but at the same time it stalls the conversation. Her not wanting a kid isn't that big of a deal. Jeannie Mai mentioned it on the Real many times about her views and had people bash her, since she said her husband of ten+ years wanted kids. They ended up divorcing over the issue and she still got heat for not giving into his need for a child. So Meghan isn't the only one who took heat for her views. It's been a lot less than what I've seen with Jeannie.

She did also bring up Veteran suicides when the topic was about teen suicides, which I thought was more annoying than her bringing up her grief.

The difference is that Jeannie Mai and her husband had agreed before they got married that neither wanted children. They were in their mid 20's when they got married. 10 years later, he changed his mind, while she remained steadfast in her decision in not wanting children. I thought it was very brave of her to do that. She tried to will herself to want children, but, the desire never materialized.

Has Megan ever said if her husband desires children? 

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 9
7 minutes ago, TV Diva Queen said:
51 minutes ago, Haleth said:

or baking him cakes.....Sunny's a little batshit, maybe she always was, but now I'm really noticing it.  

Who is going to get custody of the chickens?

I can hear Sunny in divorce court saying " I had 5 cents in my bank account when I got married and it was all about lllooovvveee and now he wants my chickens"

• Love 12
7 minutes ago, Apprentice79 said:

The difference is that Jeannie Mai and her husband had agreed before they got married that neither wanted children. They were in their mid 20's when they got married. 10 years later, he changed his mind, while she remained steadfast in her decision in not wanting children. I thought it was very brave of her to do that. She tried to will herself to want children, but, the desire never materialized.

I admire her and women like her who are true to themselves and make that choice. There is absolutely nothing wrong with exercising autonomy in what I think is the most personal decision a woman can make. 

• Love 15

Today when they were making fun of squirrels as service animals, Sunny explained that the woman had raised the squirrel, and Yvette said she is fond of squirrels.  Whoopi mocked them.  Meggie said she shoots squirrels and then said she is talking to much about shooting her gun today.  Wait till the headlines are about her shooting poor little squirrels and she has a hissy fit about that.

• Love 23
18 minutes ago, suomi said:

I admire her and women like her who are true to themselves and make that choice. There is absolutely nothing wrong with exercising autonomy in what I think is the most personal decision a woman can make. 

She even said that there were times she felt abnormal and weird for not wanting children, like she was less of a woman. She lives in a society where motherhood is a choice and it is not foisted upon you like in some parts of the world.

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 13
44 minutes ago, Apprentice79 said:

One would hope this is something her and her husband discussed before marriage.  Meghan has said very little about her husband that isn't related to politics and "their work".

I personally think Meghan mentions not wanting children on a regular basis because she likes the attention it gets her.  I don't remember, has she ever explained why she doesn't want children?

Edited by blondiec0332
  • Love 9
1 hour ago, Apprentice79 said:

Absolutely. I just brought up Jeannie, because talking about not wanting kids is something she's done since the beginning of the show and she faced tons of criticism for her comment, especially when she mentioned that her husband, who didn't want kids at first and then changed his mind, wanted kids. A lot of people who watch the Real are religious or minorities and our communities really push this idea that kids are things women should aspire to have.

Meghan has mentioned not wanting kids a few times, but I don't think she's ever faced the same level of backlash as Jeannie and Jeannie has continued being open and transparent about her views.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, WhitneyWhit said:

Oh, bless her heart, Meghan thinks she's worked hard for what she has. Who's gonna tell her?

And the only time I believe Abby's bank account was empty is when her parents were late to make a deposit.

Yes ⬆️ YES ⬆️ YES ⬆️

• Love 12

I missed the entire show due th network coverage of the hurricane (scary!)  so thanks for keeping me in the loop. 

Maybe it’s a good thing that Meghan doesn’t want children. It appears she doesn’t have the temperament to raise them. (Or compete with them...)

• Love 15
1 hour ago, bannana said:

Today when they were making fun of squirrels as service animals, Sunny explained that the woman had raised the squirrel, and Yvette said she is fond of squirrels.  Whoopi mocked them.  Meggie said she shoots squirrels and then said she is talking to much about shooting her gun today.  Wait till the headlines are about her shooting poor little squirrels and she has a hissy fit about that.

She shoots squirrels? I'm hating squirrels right now where I live as they are aggressive and bold ( worry about spreading disease to my immune challenged dog)  but can't imagine shooting them unless I hadn't eaten in 30 days. 

West coast here and watching the devastating hurricane coverage. 

• Love 11
2 hours ago, General Days said:

I love Neil Patrick Harris, but someone in the makeup department doesn't. He looked like he nipped over from a Broadway dress rehearsal. They must have some sort of makeup blenders backstage left over from View Your Deal. For cry-yi-yi. He's a great looking guy. Makeup should enhance that. I think the color palette was all wrong too. 

(Did he come from a rehearsal or on his way to a matinee? Maybe I missed him mentioning it.) 

I don't know if I can watch the final segment. The intro was difficult enough. 

I thought the same thing! Someone missed a spot lol when he looked to his left it wasnt blended and it made him look gaunt, almost skeletal.  Maybe he was practicing for Halloween (also my favorite holiday) and getting the right tone.  Be Careful, Stay Safe all in Michaels path!

• Love 4
2 hours ago, fatewemake said:

Whoopi could write tons of pamphlets which contained nothing but her favorite go to phrases.  Pregnancy planning, "girl, you need to do what you need to do". Retirement planning "hey, you need to do what you need to do".  Two of her other favorite phrases are "well (long pause), everybody's different" and "just mind you own damn business", but she prefers the latter because it is almost guaranteed audience applause.

And let's not forget the ever popular "We don't know. We weren't there"  when one of her friends is accused of something.   

• Love 19
2 hours ago, blondiec0332 said:

I personally think Meghan mentions not wanting children on a regular basis because she likes the attention it gets her.  I don't remember, has she ever explained why she doesn't want children?

Maybe she's afraid she'll lose her girlish figure?

• Love 5

Sounds like MadMeggie is going ride that publc grief train a long damn time.

Lest we forget, Dad is her only claim to notoriety. And,  IMHO, she ain't making him too proud with the mean girl demeanor. Or the frequent drinking. Or maybe just quit all the public bragging about drinking so much. Idiot. 

I also am getting the vibe that she's trying to get her husband noticed more by talking about him;  maybe trying to forge a power couple thing,  although they're both very small potatoes in the realm of political punditry /writing / plagiarizing.  Lest we forget hubbie's character and the stupidity in  thinking your dishonesty won't be discovered these days with sophisticated university and journalism programs to identify plagiarism. And, oh, the fucking Internet as well. Idiot.2.0.

Edited by Tosia
  • Love 13
2 hours ago, Tosia said:

Lest we forget, Dad is her only claim to notoriety. And,  IMHO, she ain't making him too proud with the mean girl demeanor. Or the frequent drinking. Or maybe just quit all the public bragging about drinking so much. Idiot. 

Well, not exactly.  She said her mom says she is John McCain in a dress. And she really is in a lot of ways. Or maybe she was trying to be to get his approval. He was famously known for his temper starting at an early age. And his drinking escapades were legendary at Annapolis. Passing out drunk on people's porches and waking up and staggering off to class. He graduated 3rd from the bottom of his class so I wonder who those 2 losers were. You can only get away with that if you are a legacy student. So there is hope for Megan. Hopefully without being in a prison camp for 5 years.

• Love 9
48 minutes ago, Morgalisa said:

Well, not exactly.  She said her mom says she is John McCain in a dress. And she really is in a lot of ways.  You can only get away with that if you are a legacy student. So there is hope for Megan. Hopefully without being in a prison camp for 5 years.

The way she acts most days, I think The View is her prison camp.  But, hopefully, she won't be there for 5 years.

• Love 12
7 hours ago, fatewemake said:

Also, “well this topic isn’t going anywhere” when she wants to wrap up a current event. She uses a whole lot of words to mean a whole lot of nothing. If they transcribed the show for us to read, imagine how much of nothing Whoopi actually says on any given show. 

• Love 15
8 hours ago, OnTime said:

Well, Meghan still has to be able to smoke cigars and go shooting with her gun. And I'm sure get in some Jack Daniels too.

I'm pretty sure she made a conscious effort not to include "drinking" in that list of things she wants to continue doing. 

It's nice to know that Whoopi was propositionining NPH  when he was 15 yrs old. Awkward!

• Love 11
2 hours ago, Morgalisa said:

Well, not exactly.  She said her mom says she is John McCain in a dress. And she really is in a lot of ways. Or maybe she was trying to be to get his approval. He was famously known for his temper starting at an early age. And his drinking escapades were legendary at Annapolis. Passing out drunk on people's porches and waking up and staggering off to class. He graduated 3rd from the bottom of his class so I wonder who those 2 losers were. You can only get away with that if you are a legacy student. So there is hope for Megan. Hopefully without being in a prison camp for 5 years.

I still maintain that her mom once said that she LOOKS like John McCain in a dress. [it’s the barrel body]

• Love 5
57 minutes ago, AnnieBeez said:

I still maintain that her mom once said that she LOOKS like John McCain in a dress. [it’s the barrel body]

MMM looks like Cindy's head on John's body in a dress.

• Love 8
11 hours ago, Coffeewinewater said:

Why is Whoopi eating coming back from commercials? They are on air one hour. Eat befor ,eat after the show but her chewing as they come back from break is annoying. BTW, I thought she never ate??

Because she only eats twice per week.  Her timer must have gone off.

• Love 7
16 hours ago, Coffeewinewater said:

Why is Whoopi eating coming back from commercials? They are on air one hour. Eat befor ,eat after the show but her chewing as they come back from break is annoying. BTW, I thought she never ate??

Omg! I don't care if Meghan is struggling with the CHOICE to have a child.

Meghan really has the brilliant ability to turn every topic back on her. Megan thinks it's business talk to ask her husband about breaking news lol ok.

Whoopi's valley girl voice,  kill me.

Yvette is such a great add to this show. I know she'll never join the show but I really enjoy her.

Is coffee wine water your preferred sequence of beverages?

Food and Whoopi, and her Valley girl, shoot me first

I didn't want to kill anyone when I watched yesterday.

• Love 1

NutMeg sure is a legend in her own mind.  So far this week she's offered to chair Nikki Haley's presidential campaign, thanked Laura Ingraham for fat shaming her which she claims launched her "career", and mentioned her plagiarist husband reviews "speeches" for her.  She really thinks she is all that.  

I noticed she didn't mention her husband on Monday when she was thanking everyone for whatever it was they did for her during the last month.  I think she mentioned family, not him specifically and as only she can do she made it all about herself.  To hear her speak one would think she is an only child and her mother seems to be mentioned only as an afterthought.  Since then, she has mentioned the plagiarist-husband the last two days.  Wonder if something was said to her.  It's like he's chopped liver.  Living in Meggie's space. I bet she's a real trip to live with. Had to laugh about the prenup.  As General Days stated above, there's no way in hell that mom and dad didn't insist on a prenup and NutMeg isn't about to share her cushy inheritance if the marriage doesn't work out.  She may be dumb but she's not that dumb.

Her comment about shooting squirrels really pissed me off.  She is a mean, uncaring bitch.  

She needs to stop making every topic discussed all about her, her grief and her perceived attacks from others.  If she would preface some of her remarks about losing her father with a comment about how she's sure others who have gone through the same thing can empathize or understand, it would not be so offensive.  More than likely, most of us have gone through a very similar situation and it gets really old hearing someone act like they are the only person in the world to lose a loved one.  

• Love 20

I never thought she was the right choice to co-host The View, so no one is more surprised than I am, that I'm looking forward to seeing that little kook Raven-Symoné on the show, today. Anyone else? 

Maybe it just takes me back to a simpler time, before Meghan. (Although wasn't that during the Joy-less period?)

I'm not as certain I feel like seeing Maggie Gyllenhaal. She's been playing James Franco's apologist as of late, which might be more convincing, were she not his co-star and fellow executive producer on HBO's The Deuce.

I guess I should wait to hear what she has to say. Whatever it is though, $5.00 says one of The View co-hosts will talk over her, before she chokes it all out. 

• Love 6