Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week Of 10/8/2018

Jaded
  • Start Topic

7 minutes ago, OnTime said:

She talks about drinking so much Jack Daniels that she throws up but she doesn't think that is a problem.

She is not in college at a frat party.

But that sounds like hunched-over-the-toilet shaming.

• Love 10
2 hours ago, debbie311 said:

Wow, rough crowd here.  MM has bugged me a lot, but I thought she behaved well yesterday.  In fact I teared up a couple of times.  No one can put a time limit on someone else's grieving.  And it's not like she was sobbing, and it was her first day back after all, which you could expect to be emotional.

I'm sure she will say something that will irritate me, but for now I think she came across appropriately yesterday.

Did anyone notice when, just before going to break, Whoppi kind of swatted the air and said "What was that, was that you?" to Abby? Maybe it was a bug or fly?  They didn't say anything after the break.

Whoopi usually does that when she passes gas..

• Love 12
6 minutes ago, Wings said:

You cannot vote in the primaries and that is important.  You must be registered as a member of the party to vote in their primary. 

It depends on the state.  Here in IN you walk into the polling place and tell the official at the desk which ballot you want, no questions asked.  I've voted opposite party a couple times.

• Love 13

The past two days Whoopi has actively grinded some pretty interesting conversations to a halt. That’s the exact opposite of what a moderator is supposed to do. 

She also does the “invalidate everything you just said by dismissing or saying the opposite” thing to Abby that she does to Sunny.  Speaking of Abby, she really is Paula 2.0 which would explain Whoopis attitude toward her.

Super excited for Jed to return! Curious to see how she acts with her replacement. 

Edited by geekburger
  • Love 9
1 hour ago, Tosia said:

Pet peeve: people, like MM today, who say, "ta" instead of "to", as in "I'm  going ta say".  MM did it several times.  

Go away, MM. 

Interesting that MM wants to hold Kanye to a higher standard of explaining himself, than she could ever do--as evidenced by her comments on this show during the long,  painful months of her. 

Yes... and "fur" example.

• Love 6

A rare time I agree with Whoopi but I don’t put much stock into polling and I agree that the media often uses it with bias rather than as being something somewhat informative (which increases the likelihood that polls may dissuade people from voting rather than inspire them to vote). There are many polls that are taken and people/media are often drawn to the one that suits their personal interests. The poll Meghan cited has a disclaimer that the poll shouldn’t be taken seriously until there’s at least a sample pool of 250 respondents. The poll she cited had a sample size of 200. In another poll, Cruz leads by 5 points with a margin of error of 4.5%.

Abby made inferences before about there being good Republicans left who are still with this administration to try and save it from the inside, but today her comments read more clearly than anything she’s said in the past in reference to her father being a part of the administration – and I wonder if that’s her perception of what her father has to deal with or if that’s a sentiment from her father than she is relaying in her own words.

It’s fair for Sunny to bring up that Kanye is likely suffering from mental illness but she should have also put the disclaimer much like Pete Davidson did (which was brilliant), that it’s not an excuse for shitty behaviour. Kanye made up lies about the SNL crew, hijacked the show and forced people to be contained in their seats while he went on some rant, as Meghan pointed out, had zero substance to it and many of things he said were politically driven against the left by using examples that the right are also guilty of. Society loves a good train wreck. They love to sit at the edge of their seats and wait to watch the volcano erupt because if that’s not what motivated them, we would be better at not giving attention to narcissists that care more about their name being in people’s mouth than they care about what people are actually saying about them. Kim is the same way so no, I don’t feel bad for her having to deal with it because she’s flat out lied about his mental state because she likely didn’t want the association of her husband being crazy. She has enabled and defended his behaviour in public and has latched on to any of his successes because that’s the perk of putting up with all of it. This is the same woman that said she’s almost a billionaire because Kanye’s money is her money. The same woman that had to talk to her husband about whether she should accept $1M from his competitor that rips off his designs and he begged her not to take the money and instead, he gave her the $1M and a percentage of his Yeezy company which she accepted and called him the best husband for it. She can randomly choose people to help so that she’s got content for her show (and at least some people will benefit from her narcissism) but I’m not sure anyone can convince me that Kim doesn’t know what she’s gotten into and isn’t any less of a egocentric as her husband.  

Gotta show some love to Yvette and I’m glad that they brought her in to replace Joy for the week because she’s there with some great quips that would be sorely missed in light of so much of the heavy topics they discuss.  

Edited by RHJunkie
  • Love 9
14 minutes ago, RHJunkie said:

Gotta show some love to Yvette and I’m glad that they brought her in to replace Joy for the week because she’s there with some great quips that would be sorely missed in light of so much of the heavy topics they discuss.  

I have no idea who this Yvette is, but I love her. I wish she was a  permenant host. 

Edited by Cindyluwho
  • Love 14

Meggie really didn't know that Trump mocked Franken for folding like a wet rag and being so weak that he resigned when he had sexual misconduct allegations toward him?  Really?  Let's say that is true.  Because she didn't listen, she completely derailed the actual topic, which is an important one, that the Prez has put out the message to men that they should do like he does and deny deny deny.  But Meggie had to turn the topic around to something that she thinks Joy meant, when Joy was not even there, plus of course she had to mention her friend.  

• Love 24

I am just watching now but from your comments I will make a guess that drinking Jack to excess at times makes her a proper gun toting country gal.  I think she is bragging and probably exaggerating because she thinks it is cool.  

• Love 10
56 minutes ago, geekburger said:

The past two days Whoopi has actively grinded some pretty interesting conversations to a halt. That’s the exact opposite of what a moderator is supposed to do. 

She also does the “invalidate everything you just said by dismissing or saying the opposite” thing to Abby that she does to Sunny.  Speaking of Abby, she really is Paula 2.0 which would explain Whoopis attitude toward her.

Super excited for Jed to return! Curious to see how she acts with her replacement. 

Im excited to see how the replacement acts with Jed. I caught Abbys eye roll when Sunny was talking about her book for that second lol, ABBY KNOWS TOO. Jed use to work with Meghan and Abby at Fox News so its literally gonna be Faux & Friends coming for each other. Its gonna be some good TV that day!

• Love 5
50 minutes ago, Wings said:

I am just watching now but from your comments I will make a guess that drinking Jack to excess at times makes her a proper gun toting country gal.  I think she is bragging and probably exaggerating because she thinks it is cool. 

I just have to say that fruit bats are so cute. Love your avatar.

• Love 3
49 minutes ago, TheViewFirst1 said:

Im excited to see how the replacement acts with Jed. I caught Abbys eye roll when Sunny was talking about her book for that second lol, ABBY KNOWS TOO. Jed use to work with Meghan and Abby at Fox News so its literally gonna be Faux & Friends coming for each other. Its gonna be some good TV that day!

Jedediah is bat shit crazy now. It will be interesting to see her moderate her views on the show. Jed and Meghan were friends and used to tweet each other, as soon as Megan got on the show, they unfollowed each other, lol..

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 13
1 hour ago, Cindyluwho said:

I have no idea who this Yvette is, but I love her

Check IMDB; she has been a working actress for 20yrs--mostly television.   She was a main character on "Community," 2009-2015.   She's a recurring character on "Mom," and so much more.  She does a lot of voice-acting in cartoons too.  I love her too!

• Love 16
4 hours ago, Haleth said:

Yep, first complaint about the new Meghan-- turning a convo about Billy B into one about herself. 

I liked Whoopi's defense of her though. No one should tell someone how to or how long to grieve.  Except on PTV, of course.

And later?  Turning the convo about new moms being shamed to get back to prebaby weight is suddenly about MM being fat shamed by Laura Ingraham. 

And Kanye West shouldn't step into her wheelhouse. Because she's been doing politics since she was baby, Huh? All About Meggy. 

Love YNB! 

Edited by Coffeewinewater
  • Love 11
3 minutes ago, Coffeewinewater said:

And Kanye West shouldn't step into her wheelhouse. Because she's been doing politics since she was baby, in utero. Huh? All About Meggy. 

I fixed that for you. 

• Love 10
53 minutes ago, Wings said:

Meghan looks beautiful today.   She looks great in the deep red, earrings are fabulous and her hair is the best yet. She is also dressed well for her body shape. 

She really did that color is beautiful on her.

Nicole saved the show, I wish she had been a serious contender for any spot on the panel.  It seems Abby is long winded . 

• Love 9
1 minute ago, athousandclowns said:

Nicole saved the show, I wish she had been a serious contender for any spot on the panel.

HI!  I think Nicole has been living/working in the Los Angeles area so long, she has a great support system there.  Also, I think her income would diminish if she left all her "gigs," and went to work on "The View."

• Love 5
12 minutes ago, Wings said:

I fixed that for you. 

Thanks lol. She was going off on that tangent and my eyes rolled out of my head had to chase them down.  I got the gist of what she was saying. I just didn't understand what she was talking about or why she was pissed. 

11 minutes ago, athousandclowns said:

She really did that color is beautiful on her.

Nicole saved the show, I wish she had been a serious contender for any spot on the panel.  It seems Abby is long winded . 

Omg that red on MM was amazing.  Her skin glowing. Abby's hair looked better, not too plastic/shiny barbie hair.

Edited by Coffeewinewater
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, Apprentice79 said:

Jedediah is bat shit crazy now. It will be interesting to see her moderate her views on the show. Jed and Meghan were friends and used to tweet each other, as soon as Megan got on the show, they unfollowed each other, lol..

Really? Lol. Now I'll be watching them closely. 

• Love 6

I liked that Yvette talked about the culture of dude-bros and man babies. I just wish she or Sunny mentioned how that viewpoint is only acceptable when a white male of privileged does something wrong. The swimmer dude, Trump, Billy Bush, etc... Unfortunately, when a black person or POC does nothing he's seen as an adult regardless of what they do. Trayvon was never seen as a kid in the media. Tamir Rice wasn't seen as a kid.

It's unfortunate, but at least she managed to talk about how there needs to be consequences to bad behaviour. At least she got to say that before Meghan made the topic about herself.

• Love 17
2 hours ago, General Days said:

She really didn't.

Yesterday, Meghan said that the day she learned of her dad's diagnosis/prognosis, she got wasted on Jack at pregnant Abby's house, and then got sick (Abby's sister held back her hair).

Today, Meghan said she saw a story [this is my paraphrase] that was saying Meghan drank her way through her father's illness. That's a shitty thing.

Meghan clarified that she didn't drink her way through her dad's illness, but did tie one on the day she learned the bad news.

Then Whoopi said she got high when her brother was sick/dying. She then told people who haven't been through it to shut up. She wasn't primarily addressing it at fans, but at people who write click-bait shit like the thing about Meghan.

Now I have go take a shower, because I just defended Meghan and then defended Whoopi defending Meghan. Bleccch. 

MM (Mad Meggie) sure is sensitive for someone who claims to be so tough and cold.  She's mentioned her drinking many times (drinking with marines. 4th of July tequila pops, with friends and mom, etc. ) , so, shut up,  MM. Your immaturity is embarrassing--for you.  

• Love 14

I love Yvette, too. I'd definitely rather have her as a co-host over Whoopi, Abby, or Meh-gun.

I looked up whatever it was Meh-gun was talking about regarding a clickbait website and reading the article in question, they didn't imply anything that she accused them of on the show, they only quoted her directly. The title is incredibly innocuous. Of course, the key detail in all this is that it was a website that has regularly mocked her in the past. Putting lies into other people's mouths is sort of a thing for her, isn't it? That nonsense about her brother having to push her to return was such a joke. Like hell she'd ever give up this job considering it clearly gives her a pathetic thrill to enact these kinds of smears. She's disgusting.

• Love 10

Haven't read Kiera Knightly's book and don't plan to.  She was wrong to use the Duchess of Cambridge as an example of a new mother looking unrealistic.  Kate is not someone who posted a selfie on Instagram saying look at me.

• Love 13
5 hours ago, Jpxfactor said:

Sunny is such a jealous woman, who says we should believe all women, what happens if one makes an allegation against her dr husband

That was something else!  Her reading this tirade and agreeing with, "This is where he met the girl, this is the dude that helped him.....".  I was thinking the man in the piece needs to leave ASAP.  She must be scary at home.

4 hours ago, General Days said:

Now I have go take a shower, because I just defended Meghan and then defended Whoopi defending Meghan. Bleccch. 

I agree with you on all points.

• Love 5
10 hours ago, Tosia said:

Yet here is a woman who doesn't need to work to enjoy an extremely comfortable life.  I'm wondering if she will leave the View, within a year,  to work on a John McCain Foundation and sit on a Board like other weathy dowagers.  

Tosia ~ I love that you used the word "dowager" with respect to MM, since it is a word that typically refers to the widow, and not the daughter, in a family.  I, too, used "widow" in a post yesterday because that's exactly the role that MM seems to have adopted.  I predict she'll be in that mode long after Cindy McCain has refreshed.

6 hours ago, Tosia said:

Pet peeve: people, like MM today, who say, "ta" instead of "to", as in "I'm  going ta say".  MM did it several times.  

That's an annoyance to me also, but, unfortunately, one of the worst offenders is my beloved President Obama.  I always cringe when the "ta" shows up in his dulcet speech.

• Love 10

MM seems like a dowager--an older (in demeanor), kind of over weight, entitled, snobby,  rich doyenne.

I read a lot of British writers, can you tell? 

She's an idiot.  Here's  someone who talks about her personal life and posts online,  and then gets angry when other people talk about her.

Plus you would think she would be inured to criticism, as that is a hallmark of today's social media.  Secure people ignore that shit and don't give it publicity as MM did today. But then being a butthurt victim is on trend today, like poor (sic) Brett who went through a painful experience per the clip the View showed and talked about today.  

• Love 11
6 minutes ago, Bronzedog said:

Yes.  The EGOT really shows off her acting chops when subtlety pointing out she just farted on live tv.

Lol!!! I am still laughing at this 5 minutes later

Edited by Cementhead
  • Love 8

Good grief......MM is friends with Nikki Haley and would be thrilled to run her next campaign. Could have knocked me over with a feather with that egotistical statement.

Edited by maggiemae
is is not with
  • Love 17
6 hours ago, bannana said:

Meggie really didn't know that Trump mocked Franken for folding like a wet rag and being so weak that he resigned when he had sexual misconduct allegations toward him?  Really?  Let's say that is true.  Because she didn't listen, she completely derailed the actual topic, which is an important one, that the Prez has put out the message to men that they should do like he does and deny deny deny.  But Meggie had to turn the topic around to something that she thinks Joy meant, when Joy was not even there, plus of course she had to mention her friend.  

The last time Sunny was out MM attributed something to her and Sunny had to check her when she came back.

• Love 17
38 minutes ago, Tosia said:

MM seems like a dowager--an older (in demeanor), kind of over weight, entitled, snobby,  rich doyenne.

I read a lot of British writers, can you tell? 

She's an idiot.  Here's  someone who talks about her personal life and posts online,  and then gets angry when other people talk about her.

Plus you would think she would be inured to criticism, as that is a hallmark of today's social media.  Secure people ignore that shit and don't give it publicity as MM did today. But then being a butthurt victim is on trend today, like poor (sic) Brett who went through a painful experience per the clip the View showed and talked about today.  

Meghan wants to have it both ways.  She wants to portray herself as some tough chick but whines about every criticism thrown her way.  If she wants to follow in her father's footsteps she needs to grow a thicker skin.  Her dad didn't cry about people hurling insults his way.

• Love 20
8 hours ago, Tosia said:

Well, thanks for setting up tomorrow's Meghan-rant. 

7 hours ago, geekburger said:

Speaking of Abby, she really is Paula 2.0...

Is this why I'm loving Abby? I love Paula and I'm really liking Abby.

6 hours ago, General Days said:

Today, Meghan said she saw a story [this is my paraphrase] that was saying Meghan drank her way through her father's illness. That's a shitty thing.

Well, she talks about drinking almost on a daily basis, so she DID drink through her father's illness. Because partying, but still.

• Love 7
3 hours ago, blondiec0332 said:

Haven't read Kiera Knightly's book and don't plan to.  She was wrong to use the Duchess of Cambridge as an example of a new mother looking unrealistic.  Kate is not someone who posted a selfie on Instagram saying look at me.

Why pick on Kate when we have people like the kardashians who constantly seek attention by posting nudes fishing for compliments. At least Kate is classy and is contributing positively to society. I’m sure she’s didn’t want to have to “keep up appearances”but royal protocol is something we regular folk will never understand. The kardashians on the other hand, feed their egos and line their pockets with their “fans” fawning over them for reasons I’ll never understand (seriously why do they have fans?)

• Love 24
3 hours ago, Tunia said:

Tosia ~ I love that you used the word "dowager" with respect to MM, since it is a word that typically refers to the widow, and not the daughter, in a family.  I, too, used "widow" in a post yesterday because that's exactly the role that MM seems to have adopted.  I predict she'll be in that mode long after Cindy McCain has refreshed.

That's an annoyance to me also, but, unfortunately, one of the worst offenders is my beloved President Obama.  I always cringe when the "ta" shows up in his dulcet speech.

I love that you used dulcet to describe Obama's manner of speaking ... I could have listened to him talk all day long!!!

• Love 16
8 hours ago, General Days said:

She really didn't.

Yesterday, Meghan said that the day she learned of her dad's diagnosis/prognosis, she got wasted on Jack at pregnant Abby's house, and then got sick (Abby's sister held back her hair).

Meghan clarified that she didn't drink her way through her dad's illness, but did tie one on the day she learned the bad news.

Then Whoopi said she got high when her brother was sick/dying. She then told people who haven't been through it to shut up. She wasn't primarily addressing it at fans, but at people who write click-bait shit like the thing about Meghan.

I cannot fault MM for drinking when she got the news.  Ive been known to partake when hearing something bad.....and good...and just about any reason hah.  I thought MM looked very nice both days. I appreciated her restraint yesterday but that really is a shitty thing to say of someone in the throes of grief.  There was something else but i cant remember right now.

• Love 4
10 hours ago, geekburger said:

I was so shocked to hear that she'll be a guest.  I can't wait to see how this goes.  

• Love 4
22 hours ago, OnTime said:

She was so defensive about her drinking that now I'm more than just kinda, sorta thinking about her drinking.

Just like votes have consequences, so do words. If you talk about your drinking and boast about your drinking and take pride in your drinking....don’t be surprised if people start thinking of you as a drunk. 

• Love 20

There goes Whoopi, re-writing history again ... she didn't "raise" her daughter, her Mom did!!  What a crock.

Meggie Dear, a conversation about Cardi B & her baby isn't about you, although you do turn every conversation into "all about you".

... & we can't let a conversation about depression go by without mentioning "your grief".  Give it a rest, gurl!!

Edited by Medicine Crow
2nd segment - grief
  • Love 15
7 minutes ago, Medicine Crow said:

Meggie Dear, a conversation about Cardi B & her baby isn't about you, although you do turn every conversation into "all about you".

A discussion about teen suicide is turned around to be about Meggie's grief.

• Love 11

I have a feeling that I know what the users here will complain about with regards to today's episode.

During Cardi's AMA and the topic being women not letting pregnancy stop them from having it all, Meghan brought the topic back to her and not wanting kids. And during a topic about suicide, she brought it back to her grief for her father.

I'm okay with both, since they're kind of on topic, but at the same time it stalls the conversation. Her not wanting a kid isn't that big of a deal. Jeannie Mai mentioned it on the Real many times about her views and had people bash her, since she said her husband of ten+ years wanted kids. They ended up divorcing over the issue and she still got heat for not giving into his need for a child. So Meghan isn't the only one who took heat for her views. It's been a lot less than what I've seen with Jeannie.

She did also bring up Veteran suicides when the topic was about teen suicides, which I thought was more annoying than her bringing up her grief.

Edited by CheezyXpressed
  • Love 9