Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
KungFuBunny

Summer Youth Olympics 2018

Buenos Aires

October 6 through October 18, the Summer Youth Olympic Games welcomes 4,000 of the world’s best young athletes. With 239 events, including new sports and disciplines, coverage of the YOG will be featured on several platforms in over 220 territories, featuring live and on-demand event coverage, so that you can follow your favorite sport around the clock and wherever you are!

• Like 1

Youth Olympics on the Olympic Channel - makes sense.  I guess that was too obvious for my addled mind.  I think I need to get more sleep.

• Like 1

If you go to their site OlympicChannel.com or your cable provider schedule - you should be able to see the schedule

https://www.cbc.ca/sports/olympics/youtholympics/youth-olympics-schedule-results-and-medals-1.4850273

Above link you have to hover over the icons to see what sports are airing by day

Last night they aired the opening ceremony - it was a bit of a mess to me. The athletes did not enter by country - they were all mixed together and the big stadium screen listed all of the countries.

• Like 1

In my neck of the woods - they are airing 5 hours of the SYO each day. It's airing East Coast from 8:00 PM to 1:00 AM. I'm DVR'ng it the next morning from 8:00 AM to 1:00 PM.

I've watched the first 3 hours. Definitely some of the sports are "different" i.e. Basketball - 9 minutes or until the first team reaches 21 points. It is also 3 on 3. USA beat Mongolia 21 to 19.

There's also a "Sport Dancing" - this is break dancing 1 on 1 - never saw this before - is this in the Regular Summer Olympics?

Watched women's soccer which looks normal and swimming which looks normal.

On 10/8/2018 at 1:29 PM, KungFuBunny said:

There's also a "Sport Dancing" - this is break dancing 1 on 1 - never saw this before - is this in the Regular Summer Olympics?

No.  DanceSport (much less "Sport Dancing," which is NOT the same thing) has never been part of the regular Olympic Games (although I've been wanting to see it recognized as such for over 30 years now!).