Type keyword(s) to search

Season 9 Live Posting Thread

raven
Message added by raven

Just a friendly reminder - we'll leave this topic open for those of you staying up for Talking Dead.

Don't talk about previews or casting changes here, thank you.

• Start Topic

Just now, nodorothyparker said:

Is he really an old friend though if he's only been around for two seasons and precious little in the way of character development beyond a man bun and showy ninja kicks?

All the backstory we ever got on Jesus, he's openly gay and grew up in Group Homes.

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
Just now, TvGeek said:

They should just kill everybody off and start over they way they are royally messing this up

Isn't this what they've pretty much done--killed everyone we like off?

Why do they have to keep dividing the group, and killing off people, to let the characters know they have to work together? I thought everyone knew that. lol. At least for the first 7 seasons.

• Love 6
6 minutes ago, raven said:

Well, at first he wanted to kill a bunch of Saviors. Then he didn't want to kill anybody.

Then he wanted to kill Morgan because Morgan wanted to kill everybody after HE didn't want to kill anybody. Yep, that's our show.

• Love 7
8 minutes ago, Cherokee Rose said:

Isn't this what they've pretty much done--killed everyone we like off?

Why do they have to keep dividing the group, and killing off people, to let the characters know they have to work together? I thought everyone knew that. lol. At least for the first 7 seasons.

True but at least if they killed everybody off and started new we wouldn't have to deal with henry, tara, enid and those annoying teenagers

• Love 4

Tom Payne is glad to be gone since he was frustrated and bored.  Don't think he will say that on TTD though.

But Payne felt it was his time to go.

"I was kind of frustrated with what I had gotten to do on the show and I was kind of a bit bored with it," Payne said of his role as Jesus. "If I wasn't being given anything, I was kind of ready to go. And then when Angela called me, I was quite chill about it. I was like, 'Oh, OK. Great. Cool.'"

• Love 17
1 minute ago, TvGeek said:

True but at least if they killed everybody off and started new we wouldn't have to deal with henry, tara, enid and those annoying teenagers

Do you think that they feel like they've lost the original audience? Or are they just selling off what's left of the original audience in order to make this a YA show? I just don't know where their heads are,, well, Gimples.... do they really think we want to watch this teenage angst?? Or that we care about them?

You're right. They should've just give TWD a proper "death", and started over for those who like this kind of nonsense. Then, the audience could've just made a clean break if they wanted.

Oh, that's it.... trying to have it both ways! :)

• Love 7
2 minutes ago, Cherokee Rose said:

Gimples.... do they really think we want to watch this teenage angst??

Wait - people don't tune into a grim, post-apocalyptic show to watch revolting teenaged boys sneaking booze and fucking around in their own inimitable "Aww - DUDE!" way?

• Love 7

would be interesting to see how the Whisperers became the Whisperers, how they came up with the idea of wearing the dead, and that they could move amongst the walkers, and that they could control them, in the way of were to make them move from place to place.

• Love 1
1 minute ago, AngelaHunter said:

Wait - people don't tune into a grim, post-apocalyptic show to watch revolting teenaged boys sneaking booze and fucking around in their own inimitable "Aww - DUDE!" way?

I'm laughing so hard right now! Thanks! Needed that, after this horrible S9! :)

TTD Code: Jesus.

• Love 1

When an actor doesn't even pretend to be sad about leaving, you know the show in trouble.  Payne was ASKING to be killed off.  Andrew walked, Lauren walked, Tom asked to be let go...I have a feeling that Danai isn't long for this show (why should she?).   It looks like the reason they were able to pay NR all that money is because they're saving so much on salaries.  Because I refuse to believe that those teen actors are making more than carfare.

• Love 9
1 hour ago, catrox14 said:

Tara has dead eyes. She shows the same expression all the time.  Good grief.  Also, why is this Siddiq guy riding with Michonne?

Tara has the uni-expression because she can't act her way out of a damned paper bag. Sadiq seems to be everyone's fucking conscience. If only he would shut the fuck up.

• Love 7
1 minute ago, mightysparrow said:

When an actor doesn't even pretend to be sad about leaving, you know the show in trouble

True, all the talent has left, and no one with talent will want to be on the show. Just like in the other "dead" world.

Has Maggie had her last episode? I thought she had 1 more?

• Love 3
1 hour ago, 2FarGone said:

Can't believe none of these communities are growing weed.

They don't even have to  plant it, just know which states in the eastern coastal states grew hemp for rope making in the 1800s because there are hillsides where it still grows. 

• Love 1
6 minutes ago, mightysparrow said:

When an actor doesn't even pretend to be sad about leaving, you know the show in trouble.  Payne was ASKING to be killed off.  Andrew walked, Lauren walked, Tom asked to be let go...I have a feeling that Danai isn't long for this show (why should she?).   It looks like the reason they were able to pay NR all that money is because they're saving so much on salaries.  Because I refuse to believe that those teen actors are making more than carfare.

Lol.  The one who got pissed at Henry shouldn’t even earn an EBTcard or a bus pass.  Annoying little fucker.  And that girl with glasses.

• Love 5

I would so be cultivating weed, if only so the idiotic babbling around me wouldn't be so annoying.

Another thing: It made me a little queasy watching Carol blubber and sob over that little shit, Henry, as though she were sending him marching off to war, instead of to goof off and screw around while someone else takes "good care" of him. Carol, you turned your baby boy into an insufferable entitled millennial brat. Good job.

• Love 4
1 minute ago, MrsRafaelBarba said:

Hey Everyone!

Belated Happy New Year, and hope your Christmas was Merry.

:takes a drink:  

Yes I'm starting early tonight!  

Yay I'm so glad somebody showed up here tonight!

I want to be cautiously optimistic bc of one of the new actors but just in case I am armed with a variety of new mixers to keep this evening exciting.

• Love 4
2 minutes ago, MrsRafaelBarba said:

Hey Everyone!

Belated Happy New Year, and hope your Christmas was Merry.

:takes a drink:  

Yes I'm starting early tonight!  

Hah! I just poured myself a glass of wine. GMTA.

Best wishes right back at you!

• Love 3
1 minute ago, chick binewski said:

Yay I'm so glad somebody showed up here tonight!

I want to be cautiously optimistic bc of one of the new actors but just in case I am armed with a variety of new mixers to keep this evening exciting.

I missed you fine folks, plus a good time is always had snarking.

• Love 3
1 minute ago, raven said:

This episode goes until 10:15 - does that mean we get an exciting, complex story? Or more commercials?

😎

Perhaps an ad for the upcoming TWD movie starring Andrew Lincoln?

j/k. I think Andy ran to England with his bank book.

• LOL 2
  • Love 2