Type keyword(s) to search

Season 9 Live Posting Thread

raven
Message added by raven

Just a friendly reminder - we'll leave this topic open for those of you staying up for Talking Dead.

Don't talk about previews or casting changes here, thank you.

• Start Topic

Just now, Ricci said:

I'm sorry, but who is Georgie? I don't remember.

The woman who wanted vinyl records.

So Hilltop and Alexandria don't talk anymore? That interaction was a bit hostile.

• Love 2

I barely recognize Michonne anymore.  The REAL Michonne would have known that Rick Grimes isn't worth all this fucking moping.  Everyone has lost loved ones.  What makes her grief so fucking special?  She got over losing her baby but she loses Rick Grimes (of all people) and she loses her fucking mind?  FUCKERY.

• Love 10
1 minute ago, raven said:

The woman who wanted vinyl records.

So Hilltop and Alexandria don't talk anymore? That interaction was a bit hostile.

Ah okay. So she's with that group. I was hoping to see more of that group, but I guess since they are saying Maggie is there, we'll never see more of them again.

• Love 4

I'm not crazy about this new gang of people individually, but I liked the gimmick last week of introducing them via a Q&A examination, and I like it that they did a good job of working together against the zombies.  At this point, nobody left alive is freezing up. 

And the music guy made me smile tossing off the FU gesture at the zombies before he walked away.

Eek.  I just looked up and Don Quixote has come to Georgia.

• Love 4
2 minutes ago, nodorothyparker said:

This is fast turning into some weird Wild West/LOTR fantasy mashup.  And where has Daryl been getting fuel for the bike during his six-year campout in the woods?

Remember that Eugene was making ethanol from corn that they had planted.

Edited by Zombness
mispelled
  • Love 2
1 minute ago, MrsRafaelBarba said:

What happened between Maggie and Michonne during the time jump?

I think it has something to do with the tension from before on Michonne not letting Maggie kill or even get near Negan, and Maggie felt it was wrong of her and Rick to do that.

• Love 2
19 minutes ago, Macbeth said:

We know why you are spending time in Alexandria. We like Aaron as well. 

Not all of us. Always hated Aaron.  He's boring af. A total drone. Reminds me of the dad on the Brady Bunch.

• Love 3
1 minute ago, candall said:

Big pre-ripped holes in the knees of his jeans.  I'm predisposed to be snarky, but he looks like kind of a douche in real life. too.

Yep. I bet those are the designer ripped up jeans that cost 400$. Someone needs to get rid of Henry. He's making this show even more intolerable, the sulky, whiny little douche.

• Love 4
3 minutes ago, Zombness said:

Remember that Eugene was making ethanol from corn that they had planted.

But even assuming that anyone's still raising enough extra corn to be making it since the Sanctuary was abandoned, they're acting like Daryl has been in the woods living like a hermit this entire time and hasn't interacted with anyone.  

Oh well.  It's another big handwave so Daryl can keep his bike in a horse and wagon world.

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, AngelaHunter said:

Yep. I bet those are the designer ripped up jeans that cost 400$. Someone needs to get rid of Henry. He's making this show even more intolerable, the sulky, whiny little douche.

Yeah what makes them think anyone gives a shit about "Sophia"'s lineage? She couldnt have been a more periphery character or actor.

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, mightysparrow said:

Whoever's doing hair and makeup now is making the incompetent who USED to have the job look like a fucking artist.  FUUUUUUUUUCKERY!

Yeah. Frosted hair in the ZA and a trim from tge 80s show A Different World. Wow.

Also have they ever had a full east asian woman on here? They fucking loooove the eurasians on this show/ s

6 minutes ago, Primstone said:

Named the dog "DOG" like they have done in some western movies

My dog has a name but i still call it Dog. Lotta people do.

I hope he named the dog Rick.  Because he's got one helluva man crush on Rick. 

He only searched a few months fir Sophia.  But for Rick...6 years?

• Love 2
4 minutes ago, Butless said:

I hope he named the dog Rick.  Because he's got one helluva man crush on Rick.

Ha. I was thinking the same thing.

9 minutes ago, mightysparrow said:

Whoever's doing hair and makeup now is making the incompetent who USED to have the job look like a fucking artist.

Especially that one millennial who has been on the road for who knows how long, but has that really sharp hairdo - trimmed a round the bottom with the perfectly moussed curls on top. Priorities I guess.

• Love 3
27 minutes ago, mightysparrow said:

I barely recognize Michonne anymore.  The REAL Michonne would have known that Rick Grimes isn't worth all this fucking moping.  Everyone has lost loved ones.  What makes her grief so fucking special?  She got over losing her baby but she loses Rick Grimes (of all people) and she loses her fucking mind?  FUCKERY.

Not watching right now, and I've only watched some stuff here and there this season, but I have had this same problem with what I've seen of Michonne post Rick. Mostly because IT HAS BEEN SIX YEARS.  He's been dead longer than she knew him, at this point. It seems weird to fast forward so much, but then want to play her grief like this.  You can't get the huge time jump + the raw grief that would've come right after Rick died.  You can't have it all, show.

• Love 11
4 minutes ago, Primstone said:

Named the dog "DOG" like they have done in some western movies

I'm having flashbacks to a John Wayne movie where the faithful canine companion is killed by a shotgun blast in the final shootout, but nobody spares him a passing thought because Big Jake's snotty little grandson is A-OK. 

I may have been sitting vigil for that dog for forty years.

• Love 8